Protectors of the Crystals, a Final Fantasy RP (Dead)

Pages PREV 1 2

no Dark Knights?, in fact i see a great many good classes MIA

ruedyn:

Lizmichi:
snip

Oh come on, another black mage so soon? I'm not making it in ._.

Well, before you say that, lets see what you can improve on in your sheet.

One, I put up a list of what magic and summons a black mage would start with, and the only ones you followed on with those were Ifrit and Shiva.

Secondly, but this is mostly related to the magic thing, I'd rather not that you have a staff that shoots lighting.

Thirdly, your character's backstory could be much larger than it is. I did say at least two or three paragraphs to give you some room for a fair amount of a backstory descriptions.

Aside from those, everything else looked alright.

Lunar Templar:
no Dark Knights?, in fact i see a great many good classes MIA

Scholar, samurai, etc. I did too, but whatever.

Lambi:
Well, before you say that, lets see what you can improve on in your sheet.

One, I put up a list of what magic and summons a black mage would start with, and the only ones you followed on with those were Ifrit and Shiva.

Secondly, but this is mostly related to the magic thing, I'd rather not that you have a staff that shoots lighting.

Thirdly, your character's backstory could be much larger than it is. I did say at least two or three paragraphs to give you some room for a fair amount of a backstory descriptions.

Aside from those, everything else looked alright.

Alright, extensions and clarifications ahoy.

We took several classes and put them together to keep people from playing useless classes. Since we're intending to only have a certain number of people anyway, obscure, difficult, or redundant classes like Dancer, Blue Mage, and Ninja were excised, while others were combined, like Warrior and Paladin together into Knight, while others were added to other classes, the Dragoon gaining aspects of the Dark Knight. Me and Lambi tried to get the classic Jobs rather than including every class possible.

Okay, think I got what you said you didn't like, though I don't think magical amplification rod is better than light rod.

Edit, to fix that last issue :3

ruedyn:

Okay, think I got what you said you didn't like, though I don't think magical amplification rod is better than light rod.

Okay, your sheet looks better now, however your magic is still not okay. I specifically said that any magic within brackets are spells that will be learned later on in the RP. The only magic not in brackets for Black Mages are Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Blind and Silence. Which also means I have trouble with the description you put before the list of spells. It's just enough that you put up the list of spells, no need for any descriptions there.

Whew, takes me forever to make up a character already and this one was a long one indeed. Hope it's all up to par and than I'll hope all the more come the bell tolls for the acceptance list.

Tiger Sora:
Whew, takes me forever to make up a character already and this one was a long one indeed. Hope it's all up to par and than I'll hope all the more come the bell tolls for the acceptance list.

Your sheet looks alright to me. However I still have two problems with it.

I stated in the OP that Knights start with Cure, not Protect. And you seem to have accidentally included the description for backstory and other.

If you just change your character's starting Magic to Cure and erase the two descriptions, your sheet will be good.

Lambi:
Snip

My mistake, corrected and in order as to your demands.

You know, I tried to play FF and it didn't really stick with me. Here's to hoping that this RP will help fix that problem. I hope everything is in order and criticism is always welcome.

As a heads up, I do also have my Monk sheet (I found my dragoon to work better as a monk) and if nobody else brings up a monk I could run two characters if we absolutely need a Monk. I preferred my WM though so that's why I didn't bother with the Monk sheet.

Grim327:
You know, I tried to play FF and it didn't really stick with me. Here's to hoping that this RP will help fix that problem. I hope everything is in order and criticism is always welcome.

Damn it, another Ranger. Curse you destiny, for you have given me a competitor!

Sweet bow, by the way. Ah man, you make your character a happy-go-lucky farm boy lovable protagonist . Now I stand no chance to get in!

drmigit2:
As a heads up, I do also have my Monk sheet (I found my dragoon to work better as a monk) and if nobody else brings up a monk I could run two characters if we absolutely need a Monk. I preferred my WM though so that's why I didn't bother with the Monk sheet.

The only problem with that is that I'm not going to have anyone play two characters. I'm looking for six players and six characters, not five players and six characters. Just wait and let someone make a Monk before you say something like that.

Besides, I put the thread up two days ago. Don't make it sound like no one is going to make a sheet for a Monk when it's only been two days.

Quick question: How sophisticated, or spread out to the populace have we got with magitek in this world? May be toying with an idea for an unorthodox character.

Doc Gnosis:
Quick question: How sophisticated, or spread out to the populace have we got with magitek in this world? May be toying with an idea for an unorthodox character.

It's on par with FF VI, but there isn't any magitek armor.

I will admit beforehand that the following sheet is seriously skirting around some things y'all have mentioned. Dunno if this will even be accepted, but I have to post this anyway. Have to admit I'm trying to dig a little for this character idea.

I have no idea how long Ersyr has been under attack by undead, so that section may need revising.
Also, I genuinely hate that name. So it may be changed soon.

Criticism is welcome! It's been a long time since I played an old Final Fantasy, so it might be complete rubbish.

Here is the promised sheet and a friendly bump. Constructive criticism is welcome as always.

Lambi:
snip

The RP still alive?

drmigit2:
-snip-

Yes, it is. I didn't give a specific deadline, but I'm waiting to see if we get more sheets since I want to try and have one of each class.

Lambi:

drmigit2:
-snip-

Yes, it is. I didn't give a specific deadline, but I'm waiting to see if we get more sheets since I want to try and have one of each class.

Wait, which one are we missing? I believe they all have one or two applicants.

drmigit2:
Wait, which one are we missing? I believe they all have one or two applicants.

It appears I was wrong. However, I am still gonna give this thing some time before I close applications.

Also, as a general announcement, I changed the magic section to only include the magic everyone starts with who uses the specific classes for each magic. Seeing as some people seemed to be unclear on which magic their class starts with, even after I told them to change it.

Lambi:
Snip

Figured you meant that I just have Cure, than whatever else I can learn that I want to. I'm going off mostly FF-I knowledge for my class' magic, but properly fixed to just Cure. Sorry for misunderstanding.

If I seem impatient, I'm sorry, but what is the word on the status on the RP? We haven't really heard anything for a week. Just wondering if everything is still on track.

Yeah, I lost interest in the thread a while ago, so I was just going to let it go. But I've gonna be honest, that's a dick move that measures on the Richter Scale.

Lambi:
I give you the option to withdraw your sheets if you feel that this is unfair towards you.

Especially this. That's not even the slightest consolation. You actually would probably be less offensive if you just said fuck off. There are some things as a GM you just don't do. Leading people on, having them work on sheets you knew from Day 1 you wouldn't accept is just... colossally flippant.

Hold on a minute.

You made this thread even though you already had the 4 other players you wanted to accept, and you weren't going to consider any of the other submissions?

This is beyond sounding like an ass. This is wasting the time and effort of everybody who submitted a character for your interest thread. You fooled us all, and on top of that you give us the option to withdraw our sheets... which will do what exactly?

This isn't really Lambi's fault. We didn't have a full complement until after the first few sheets had been posted, and that complement wasn't ironclad due to personal issues for some time. Putting this up to fish for the last couple was my idea, not Lambi's, and if anyone is to blame it's me.

... At the least we'd probably want some feedback or a full opinion on the character sheets we've written, as something to cushion the blow. We did put a deal of thought in our characters and we'd feel satisfied with your thoughts on the sheets and applicants.

Hope the RP plays itself to the end. :)

The crystals were getting weaker with every day. King Theodoric was expecting the warriors to arrive soon. He was tired out of worry, as was most anyone else in the castle of Alexia. He paced back and forth, his wife simply watching him, unable to do much if anything to help his worry lessen. At least once the warriors would come, their worries would all be lessened. The guards had all been put out on patrol around the city and along the borders of it to be ready for any possible attacks by the monsters. It was almost as if they could sense the weakness in the magic field that kept them out of the cities and towns, as many of them stalked the cities, waiting for the opportunity they would get.

Time felt like it was going slower than usual, but seemed like the crystals were getting weaker faster. It was probably the endless worrying, Theodoric thought, but he couldn't shake the feeling that the crystals were close to the end of their time. He had every magician in the castle working on trying to maintain the crystals for as long as they could, looking for a way to protect them even further if they could. So far, they hadn't been able to come up with any solutions, but they would not stop until there was nothing left for them to do. Any moment now... King Theodoric thought as he kept pacing back and forth.

He wouldn't have to wait for long as the front door opened and a group of people entered the grand hall. Theodoric's heart felt like a weight had been lifted off of it as he made his way to his throne, ready to address these warriors and give them their mission.

A young Red Mage was amongst that group of people, admiring the castle in all its glory. Alexia had looked absolutely amazing on the outside, and the castle looked even better. Yuria didn't allow herself to blink often in case she missed something, causing her to blink more often than she normally needed to. While she was curious about this or that, she was on an important mission and couldn't let her curiosity take over. When she entered the grand hall with everyone else, she was treated to a magnificent sight.

A red carpet leading from the throne of the king and queen out to the middle of the floor, covering most of it with what appeared to be marble tiles along the sides of the carpet. The walls all around were white and black in color with the ceiling in the same colors and a silver chandelier hanging from it. There were great many windows there, glass paned with many beautiful artworks by various artists. Along the walls were many suits of armor, each with various designs as to show the many kings who had come before king Theodoric. Behind the throne was a mural with all four crystals on it, each going in a row with an element surrounding them and each element blending in with the one next to it. The far left crystal was bright red with streams of fire all around it, the second to left crystal was bright blue with water orbs all around it, the second to right crystal was bright green with gusts of wind and leaves surrounding it, and the far right crystal was light brown with floating rocks surrounding it. Each crystal was different in shape as well. The fire crystal had three protruding and swaying spikes on the top of it to show a flame, the water crystal was in the shape of a water drop, the wind crystal looked like a small tornado and the earth crystal looked like a rock.

Yuria looked up towards the throne where the king and queen sat. While the two of them were getting tired from worry, they still tried to maintain the same confident look they always kept up for their subjects to show them that there was indeed hope, and that their rulers were just and fair towards everyone, not abusing their power for cruelty. King Theodoric had straight brown hair that reached down a little past his shoulders, with his beard in the same color and where it reached down. His eyes were bright blue and he wore an outfit fit for a king. All of his clothes were red, even the royal cape he wore even though the fluff under it was white. He wore an ornate tunic decorated with many jewels in various colors, ranging from cerulean to crimson to jade to purple and to other various colors, pants made of the finest cloth and boots reaching half way to his knees. The queen wore a beautiful dress made from the finest silk there was, light yellow and orange in color, also decorated in various jewels but not in as many ranging colors as those of her husband's tunic. They varied from white to red to orange to yellow, and some variations of each of those four colors. Her hair was blonde and reached down towards her midriff and lower back, and her eyes the same blue color the king had, but hers were more soothing than bright.

While these were many warriors, Theodoric expected there to be more. "From where do you all come?" he addressed them all in his deep and powerful voice. He was quickly given an answer from a select few in the group that they were from Byron, Victus, Lumalna and Durakia. "Then while we wait for the rest to come, I want you all to feel comfortable. Be at home. Ask my servants of anything you may need or want while we wait." He didn't want to have to wait, but it was inevitable that some would come sooner than others.

However, it wasn't long before the rest of the warriors arrived to the grand hall, seeing that others had been quicker than they to arrive. The king gave a preemptive smile before asking the ones that had now arrived into the grand hall. "I assume that you all are the arrivals from the other four cities, Marlon, Arnetis, Klovar and Ersyr?" When the responses from the warriors was positive, the king stood up from his throne. "Then I want to welcome each and every one of you here. As you may all know, you have all been summoned here for a great task. I cannot ask my guards to do this, since I need them here in my city, the city that I've been tasked to protect along with all the other cities around Halvor. What I ask of you is dangerous and I don't know the full extent of the danger myself. You have the option to leave if you so wish. But Halvor needs you. I need you. The people in every city, your families waiting for you at home. Are there any who desire to go back home before this task is over?"

No one walked out. No one showed a sign that they would leave right now. Theodoric was very pleased with everyone who had arrived. "I thank each and every one of you, from the bottom of my heart and for the hand of everyone in Halvor." Before continuing, he stepped down closer to the warriors, stopping in the middle of the stairs leading from his throne down to the floor. "Your task is to head over to the mountains northeast from here where we are certain there is a group of people who have a plan to take the crystals away. While that might not sound too bad, note that you'll be traveling along dangerous grounds and heights littered with monsters who have no desire other than to hunt and kill to survive and show their superiority. Your method of transportation is an airship that I will provide for you, and a crew for the airship which will help you with traveling there. I'm sure that you may have some questions for me, so if there are any, then I will answer them to my best ability. But I ask that it will not take too long, for I would like you all to leave as soon as possible to deal with this threat." Theodoric took a good look over the group as he waited for any possible questions.

It was a time of fanfare in the city as the great, the legendary Valerius Acarian returned once again to his beloved Alexia, standing tall and proud at the helm of the great and glorious Fortune's Finder! The great airship found her usual dock with ease, settling on a hill a short walk from the city, and only moments later from the lower deck hatch emerged Valerius Acarian himself, hair still tousled from the strong winds, his coat billowing behind him, and as ever the confident, cocksure smile creasing his face! Maiden's swooned and wept, for he could not be tamed, and men raged and wept, for he could not be rivaled!

He swept into the city to the sound of cheers and music, an impromptu celebration of the return of the nation's proudest son, a prince of the paupers more beloved than any knight or wizard. Valerius accepted the adoration with his customary way, a broad smile and a polite wave, as though he were embarrassed at such fame and glory - though in truth he reveled in it, let it soak into his every pore like it were the life-giving rays of the sun.

Each step of his way up to the palace, the ladies of the city turned their gazes upon him, only to blush and look away as he returned their gaze with a wink and a curl of the eyebrow, or to turn red with jealousy as he took the palm of an old flower girl, kissing it before passing her a few coin for thirteen red roses, one of which he gave back to her grandly. With that he continued his swagger towards the castle, roses in hand.

His entry into the castle was less dramatic, a simple matter of presenting his name, then he entered, pausing for a moment in the entry hall to adjust his hair and clothing before walking into the throne room, making sure to swish his coat as he entered for that proper effect.

Bit wasted, really, he seemed to be one of the first ones here.

He bowed, low enough that his head nearly reached the floor. "Your Graces. It is an honor to stand in your presence, my liege." He then turned to the Queen. "Your Grace, your beauty grows more radiant each time I see you." Again he bowed low, holding the roses tucked behind his back.

As Duran entered the city, there was some....odd celebration going on. Or some small gathering of individuals. However, it seemed that his odd presence was not unnoticed as he had somewhat hoped it would be. His rather bulky self, as well as simply his abnormal height seemed to give everyone something to look at. Along with his oddly designed armor, which seemed to give the children staring something to note about him as well...when they were not whispering about the color of his hair and skin. The chattering was always fascinating to Duran, especially the smaller ones, whom seemed less inclined to be dishonest or demonic about his appearance. Though, the few kids who thought the small bag at his side was easy pickings did not anticipate him being so aware of his surrounds, grabbing a single brave hand and giving it a rough squeeze before pushing the hand away and going onward into the castle.

As he entered the grand hall finally, he noted an odd individual dressed in some kind of long coat in front of him, with roses behind his back. Duran had no time for the...flowing chatter that the man seemed to be attempting. Rather than take the time to wait for the man's attempts to do much of anything, Duran decided that he would instead ask a question that he had on his mind about this particular 'need' that the king spoke of.

"You say that we are going to be...guarding the crystals. The question that I must pose is then obvious. What is the point of our guarding of the crystals if they are fading as is obvious by the lay of the land? And even more pressing is what could be more important than this particular task to assign guards to?" Duran asked plainly, crossing his arms as he planned on waiting for an answer before another thought came to him.

"And to be quite frank, I imagine that these guards protecting all the towns of Halvor will not be going to Ersyr. And if they would be, I imagine those would be better used for this task rather than simply one of myself. Your task seems...ill advised Or perhaps oddly planned."

Duran did not wish to waste his or the kings time with this task, especially when he knew all too well that Ersyr was consistently on the brink of demons and undead. If this task would require him to be little more than a glorified bodyguard for the crystals, it was a task that could be handled by many others, which might be the better choice to begin with.

Civerion was on the front left of a column of Durakian soldiers. As a Dragoon it was common for them to be in the front of military processions, they were the unit that showed off martial prowess as well as magical prowess as they advanced further in their military careers. The group marched down the main avenue of the city of Alexia, armor gleaming and the Durakian flag waving on their pikes. They made sure to march in perfect formation as they made their way to the castle. They were not the only army marching through the city, with a unit from Byron in front of them and a couple more behind them that he did not turn around to look at.

After entering the castle's grand hall and spotting the king, the took their position and with coordination that came from years of training, all of them kneeled and bowed their heads before the monarch. When asked where they were from he stood and spoke firmly to the king.

"We are here from Durakia. Who has sent aid at your request." It was a standard reply, letting the king immediately know their home and purpose. A part of him was glad that it was his name that had won the lottery for such a prestigious position. Another part of him though worried about what exactly would cause such a call to go out.

After entering the castle came into view and all the tassels, buttresses and tapestries presented themselves towards the young man approaching the palace, one thing went through the mind of Rowen Caruana. Hell, Lusty Wench's castle back home has better shit than this!

Upon entry, the native of Lumalna was escorted through the hallways towards the main chamber of the castle, where he joined the small group of soldiers that had been made available by his hometown. He wasn't a fan of all this pomp and circumstance being made over a mission to prevent the destruction of the world. Rowen just wanted to get on the road and start notching kills.

When it came time for the introductions, he ceded to the head of the battalion. "We are here from Lumalna, the city of lights, who have sent aid at your request!" the leader shouted. Sounding way too proud of that fact, big man.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here