The Great Game: A Fallen London RP (Started, closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

"Also do we have a plan how to deal with them? Because I had the idea of giving them false information on where to go to find Francis, and then waiting and ambushing them there. How does that sound to all of you?"

"We're dealing with people paid to hurt people, so that could work." Cyprus stopped, thinking for a moment for ways to do this that don't involve jumping people in an alley like some common thug.

"If they're still in the bar we can even turn the patrons against them, saving ourselves some work. Thick bastards like violence, let's give em a good target. Or, my least favorite plan but a rational one, we see about recruiting the three. Less work for us, and makes us look better in the eyes of our superiors." Cyprus shrugged, throwing his rat friend off balance slightly.

"Regardless of our choice, we should hurry up. I don't want to be the last one to finish our mission." Cyprus sped up again, heading towards the bar again. He made sure to be kept in line of sight for the other two, they were the only ones who could do anything.

"And how might we humor you fair lady?" he said.

Even when circled by the devils' hounds, she stood calm. There was a hint of mockery in that voice... If she was to be a subject of ridicule, that so be it. Better than being impaled on their spears anyway. For the moment, she had their curiosity. For the moment. If Forsythia began to bore them, the group of devils might decide that it would be more interesting if she was dead, the leader of the group was the only one holding the others back after all. And she didn't want that. To her relief, Collin wasn't being a gentleman and didn't rush to attack the horned group. That would spell the end for both of them. At least she had backup... At least she was finally making a stand against the devils and all that represented - vice and hellfire. She replied without hesitation.

"Information." Forsythia began, "Frederick Hayner - a scholar that has gone missing recently and was last seen here. Do you know of him?"

"Yeah, we probably should take him back to the safe house or something. But first, we should probably let the revolutionaries ask their questions; no doubt they are just as curious regarding what happened as we are."

Agatha and Viola looked at each other, before turning back to the now restrained Snuffer, Viola stepped back deciding to let Agatha do the talking.

"Why did you attack us? Why did you steal Craig's face? Are you an agent of the masters? The constables?" she said, her voice seeming stronger now, Viola spoke up as well, sounding more curious than angry "And why me in particular?"

The Snuffer grinned, "Why? Justice, although I doubt you fools know the meaning of the word, as for my master he is none of your concern, though I am certain this action has made you one of his. I will reveal little else, even should you torture me," he ignored the remark about Craig, almost as though it was his first time hearing the name.

Viola grinned "Oh if I know T.E. he's got ways to get answers, even if you never talk."

Agatha nodded at Elisa, "Let us know if you manage to learn anything more from him, other than that he's all yours."

"Why? Justice, although I doubt you fools know the meaning of the word, as for my master he is none of your concern, though I am certain this action has made you one of his. I will reveal little else, even should you torture me." The Snuffer said with an obvious grin, as he refused to answer the questions that were being asked of him by the revolutionary. Whilst she found the man detestable, Kristina had to admit, his methods and reasoning were not to dissimilar to her own, albeit from different perspectives.

"Justice; the administration of the law or authority in maintaining the peace. Though I guess you were either speaking rhetorically, or not looking for the definition of the term." Kristina said nonchalantly as her back was rested against the wall, and her arms crossed.

"But justice is what I seek down here in this misbegotten city of secrets; it is the reason for me descending from above, for there is a man down here who has brought an injustice upon me, and I shall not rest until I have delivered justice and retribution upon him as fair payment." She then added, her tone sounding more fierce, her eyes showing a brief look of anger and rage before settling down.

"Oh if I know T.E. he's got ways to get answers, even if you never talk." Viola said with a grin.

"I'll be sure to hold you to that Miss Viola."

"Let us know if you manage to learn anything more from him, other than that he's all yours." The revolutionary said as she nodded towards Elisa.

"We'll be sure to let you know. Speaking of, Viola, given your past ties to T.E., would you know of anywhere that could facilitate in the transfer of information in a more... secretive manner?"

Sam and Travian

Driving through the fallen town, old and strange, the cabbie drove them to the location where they had met up at the first time. When he had received his pay, he tilted his faded top-hat and thanked them, before leaving to get another job. It was not very late yet, but London always gave of a feeling of nighttime, perhaps due to the lack of sun and the lifestyle those living there had taken to. Travian and Sam brought some eyes to themselves when they exited the cab, but the eyes did not linger.

Before they could enter the restaurant, a somewhat tall man with dark hair and eyes called for their attention. For those with a trained eye, the shape of a pair of brass knuckles could be seen in the pockets of his trousers, the man giving off a somewhat threatening presence. He seemed to be more of a thug, rather than an intellectual. "I didn't think any of you would actually show up here again," the man said. "I guess I'm lucky then. Or you're just very new to the game." He grinned, and patted the chest pocket of his west. "I have a letter from the Poet to the one you're working for. Greetings from another player, and all of that."

Team Francis

The group soon arrived back at the Medusa's Head, it had gotten later out and yet more Zailors had arrived and begun drinking. Inside the establishment the raucous celebration and chaotic noise was punctuated by the occasional shout from the pits down below. One of the trio, the bandaged man, could be seen pushing through the crowds and attempting to interrogate the drunken patrons, with little success. He did not seem to notice them as they answered, though the others in the trio could not be seen, possibly they were below in the spider pits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elisa and Kristina

The Snuffer's grin did not falter with Kristina's answer, "Perhaps my master might be able to aid you then, of course he will not look kindly on how you have aided these agents of disorder, these revolutionaries," he spat the last word out like it was a curse.

Ignoring the Snuffer, Viola grinned, a nostalgic look in her eyes "Sure, he always had a special meeting place for me, to drop off special items and orders, so I'll head there now, I expect he's got a different place where he intends to meet you though, I suppose I could take him a message for you if you want though."

Sam had remained quiet for the remainder of the cab ride, a bit disappointed that Travian hadn't shared her enthusiasm in Sam's idea to go after the urchin.

"Man, I haven't eaten since morning. I could eat a horse," she said, laughing, once they had arrived at the restaurant and the cab had driven away. She was about to walk inside when the thug caught her attention.

"I didn't think any of you would actually show up here again," the man said. "I guess I'm lucky then. Or you're just very new to the game." He grinned, and patted the chest pocket of his west. "I have a letter from the Poet to the one you're working for. Greetings from another player, and all of that."

Sam crossed her arms and looked the man over, mostly to judge how much of a danger he'd be in case things went bad. "Well, let us have it then."

"Well, let us have it then."

The smirk did not vanish from the man's face, but he did seem a bit disappointed. Due to what, there was no way of telling. He was about to hand the letter to them, but stopped midair. Traces of blood could be seen on the sleeves of his shirt.

"Oh, right, I have to make sure you're really his people. You fit the description, but I can't just give you this. So. I heard about a former urchin getting pushed down from the Flit, supposedly the guy was an agent of the Magician and a former agent of T.E. Else it wouldn't have been of interest to the Poet or her people. Your handy-work? Even if it wasn't, you'd know who I'm talking about, right?"

He still held the letter out, as if he was inviting them to take it, only for them to face the consequences. When they did not do that, he continued with a cocky tone; "My name is Thomas, by the way. Since we're all getting to know each other at one point, and all that. Agent of the Poet, something of a right hand man, I'd say." He had a glimmer in his eyes, still waiting for something.

"Frederick Hayner - a scholar that has gone missing recently and was last seen here. Do you know of him?"

"Hayner? Hmmm, perhaps I do," he turned towards the bored deviless "Wasn't it a Hayner that stole from your dig site not too long ago?"

The bored deviless was starting to look a bit displeased "Yes, it was, crazy old bastard, managed to escape my dogs, ran off into the ruins over there," she gestured vaguely to the south, towards a collection of collapsed houses.

The excitable devil sat back and fidgeted in his saddle, waiting or something interesting to happen. The curious devil turned back to Forsythia "Well there you have it, run along then."

The excitable devil grinned menacingly at them as the curious devil said this, and tightened his grip on the brass spear.

Cyprus sighed, with mild frustration. He knew he'd have to stay out of this mission, but waiting was a terrible necessary evil. He'd handed his pet rat over to Allen, at Cyprus' insistence. He was afraid the rat would... 'go' on his shoulder.

Peering in, it seemed business was booming. Less chance of being seen, he supposed, but that came with the risk of buying more rounds. Or dealing with the insufferable drunk again. Cyprus felt the need to check his coin purse again, thinking about it. Still pretty good, a diamond underneath a few folded echoes.

"I better not be here all night." Cyprus sighed, leaning against the window.

Cyprus stopped and responded to his suggestion by saying "We're dealing with people paid to hurt people, so that could work." Allen stopped walking as well, he waited for Cyprus to continue "If they're still in the bar we can even turn the patrons against them.......I don't want to be the last one to finish our mission." Cyprus started walking again, this time faster than before. He followed him thinking it over; killing them would be the easiest solution... but was it the best?

The Medusa's Head quickly appeared on the horizon. Suddenly he was suddenly handed Cyprus' companion, he placed the rat on his shoulder."Thank you Cyprus, I will be back shortly." He said as he went into the Medusa head. He began to look around for the trio, and he quickly spotted one of the group. The bandaged one who was named Jim, he seemed to be busy interrogating people. Allen looked at his companion and said "Listen Ptolemy follow my lead, don't reveal our and plans don't say unnecessary things." He then walked over to the Jim.

He made sure not to go near the sailor who had sold him the spider, who knew what he would reveal on accident? "Hello Jim." He said as he casually walked up to him. "Listen I have got some good news for you, I know where Francis is. I have seen him with my own two eyes actually, but he was quite heavily armed. And I know that you want to get him back for cheating, as a black ribbon carrier myself I know why. So how about it? Want to round up the rest of your group and follow me? Get some revenge against the cheater?" He asked with a grin.

The Snuffer's grin did not drop or falter as he spoke. "Perhaps my master might be able to aid you then, of course he will not look kindly on how you have aided these agents of disorder, these revolutionaries." It spat out that last word, it sounding like a curse or that it was meaningless. Kristina smirked as she responded.

"Thanks, but no thanks. Given the stunts you've pulled today, I don't think I want to know who your master is, regardless of whether or not he could help." Kristina said as she pulled The Snuffer up from the chair, just in time to hear Viola's response to her question.

"Sure, he always had a special meeting place for me, to drop off special items and orders, so I'll head there now, I expect he's got a different place where he intends to meet you though, I suppose I could take him a message for you if you want though."

"Thank you Viola, that would be most appreciative. Tell T.E. that we're bringing in a Snuffer that is connected somehow to the bombing of your workshop, and we'll need some help in getting any information out of him, as he's proving un-cooperative. We'll be at the safe house when T.E. is ready for pick up."

""Well there you have it, run along then."

Forsythia's eyes narrowed as one of the devils tightened his grip on the spear. They were growing restless, which was a bad sign. But she couldn't just walk away, just yet. Something about turning her back on a couple of armed and mounted devils sounding like a bad idea. Sure, she had Collin, nevertheless, did he have enough shots in that pistol of his? Spears do not dull in a matter of seconds, while a gun could be rendered useless after one shot. Suddenly, an idea came into her head. Inside, she smiled. Outside, she put the idea into action and curtsied to the devils.

She addressed with a demure and gracious, "Thank you." Then, rising from the curtsey she added with a wave of a hand, "I have held you up far too long, please, after me."

"Listen I have got some good news for you, I know where Francis is. I have seen him with my own two eyes actually, but he was quite heavily armed. And I know that you want to get him back for cheating, as a black ribbon carrier myself I know why. So how about it? Want to round up the rest of your group and follow me? Get some revenge against the cheater?"

If Jim was surprised to see him he didn't show it on his face, he considered Allen's offer momentarily, before nodding "Yes, I will fetch the others from below," he said in a gravely voice, then turned and went downstairs, emerging moments later with the other two in tow.

Daniel walked up to Allen, "Jim here tells me you did some recon, excellent, well where is he then?" as he spoke he gave a wary glance at Allen's spider, which returned the gaze in full.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you Viola, that would be most appreciative. Tell T.E. that we're bringing in a Snuffer that is connected somehow to the bombing of your workshop, and we'll need some help in getting any information out of him, as he's proving un-cooperative. We'll be at the safe house when T.E. is ready for pick up."

The snuffer did not bother to resist her as she lifted him up, it also seemed to be done speaking for the time being, though it was certainly not above directing dirty looks in all directions.

Viola on the other hand seemed fairly cheerful now, grabbing a scrap of paper she jotted out the message, taking the time to put it into a simple code that she remembered. It wouldn't stand up to much scrutiny, so it was more a point of style than a safety measure.

"Alright then, I'll be sure to let him know, good luck then and if you ever need anything to go boom just let me know," she said, "I'll talk with Agatha a bit longer, make sure she can arrange things with the others, but we should be safe now and I'll head out shortly."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you." Then, rising from the curtsey she added with a wave of a hand, "I have held you up far too long, please, after me."

The curious devil laughed at this display, "Hah you are an audacious one to be sure, very well, we will be on our way then," he said, waving at the others to begin moving on, the other two seemed somewhat dissappointed by this, though the deviless seemed less so than the excitable devil.

As they moved on the curious devil reached into his pocket and produced an envelope, sealed with the mark of the brass embassy, he offered it out to Forsythia "An invitation to an event at the embassy, I do hope you will accept it, it is most intriguing to gather people like yourself at such things."

Collin bowed as Forsythia did her curtsey. While Collin did have six shots, he doubted he would be able to shoot all three demons and the dogs before at least one of them were sticking something sharp in his throat.

Collin raised his eyebrow as the demon handed off an invitation to the embasey, but stayed quiet. He really wanted one, so much that could be discovered if he could just sit down and talk to a demon. Maybe convince one to give him a finger or two.

"Alright then, I'll be sure to let him know, good luck then and if you ever need anything to go boom just let me know." Viola said as she began to write down Kristina's message on a scrap of paper; from the looks of it, it was in a simple code. "I'll talk with Agatha a bit longer, make sure she can arrange things with the others, but we should be safe now and I'll head out shortly."

"I'm sure something along this journey will require an explosive touch, at least we'll know who to contact for such a specialty. Let us be off Elisa, we'll need to get this brigand to the safe-house, then find someplace secure to hold him until pick up." Kristina said as she led the Snuffer out of the door, and onto the streets, which was still rather quiet.

A cab soon came past, and Elisa called for it to stop. At the first the driver looked rather pale at the sight of the Snuffer, but soon brightened up as Elisa handed him the address to the safe house. After the use of some physical force, Kristina managed to get the snuffer inside and onto the floor of the carriage, her revolver pointed at it in case it tried anything. As Elisa entered the carriage, she pulled the door shut, but sat as far as she could from the repulsive being that was the Snuffer. The cab was motionless for a few moments, before it began to pull away.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked