The Great Game: A Fallen London RP (Started, closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

The rabble of students took Collin's bluff for what it was, a bluff. Forsythia causally touched her forehead with a gloved hand in disapproval. He may have know how to fool the many dangerous predatory animals of Africa, but when it came to humans, he was average at best. They begin to question the gentleman's false claims, and they were awkward questions at best. She endeavoured to save the situation. But what to say? Well, there was always the formidable reputation of Mrs. Fanstein to play on and the rivalry between the two colleges... She was given a wide berth from students of both Somerset and Benthic. Some from Benthic even preferred the company of infernal devils to the scary old lady behind the desk...

"I can explain this gentlemen's words," She began, "Mrs. Fanstein knows more that you think, do not simply assume that all old ladies spent their Neath nights knitting in an armchair. As for the University's decision to hire investigators, it is unfortunately a little 'present' from Somerset. You might say they want to illustrate a point about always cleaning up the messes caused by those of a more... liberal nature in Benthic. That said, I hope you don't adopt the same childish attitude and answer our questions. Otherwise, everyone involved will lose out. You will get Mrs. Fanstein as a teacher, this is will be a waste of time and Echoes for me, the gentlemen beside me and the University, and so forth..."

The Medusa's Head

"Does the offer for combining our efforts still stand?" Allen asked as he neared the man, this time extending his own hand for a shake. "I have quite powerful friends within the black ribbon society, I am sure they would be pleased if you help me."

"Sure sure, your help is welcome, just keep your friends under control." Daniel shook Allen's hand, he had a tight grip.

He led Allen and the trio down to the spider fighting pits in the basement, the crowd was small at this hour of the day, though still quite raucous. The trio pushed through the crowd, in the middle of the pit a massive spider the size of a small wolf fought with a smaller but faster spider, the smaller one was missing a leg or two. However, the larger one was covered in scratches, and the two were circling each other.

"We'll go chat with some of the patrons, you go talk with the Zailor selling spiders and taking bets, if that's ok with you," Daniel said, pointing through the crowd in the direction of a large one eyed Zailor, several spiders in cages behind him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The University

"Mrs. Fanstein knows more that you think, do not simply assume that all old ladies spent their Neath nights knitting in an armchair. As for the University's decision to hire investigators, it is unfortunately a little 'present' from Somerset. You might say they want to illustrate a point about always cleaning up the messes caused by those of a more... liberal nature in Benthic. That said, I hope you don't adopt the same childish attitude and answer our questions. Otherwise, everyone involved will lose out. You will get Mrs. Fanstein as a teacher, this is will a waste of time and Echoes for me, the gentlemen beside me and the University, and so forth..."

The group of students conferred with each other for a minute, then the one who had spoken before pulled a key out of his pocket. He offered it to them, apparently they had decided that the risk of Mrs. Fanstein teaching them was too much for them to deal with.

"Mr. Hayner left this with us, so we could hide stuff for him if the Ministry of Public Decency stopped by. We don't know where he went exactly but I think he keeps maps and records in his office, you might be able to find something there about where he went. Just don't take any of his research or anything, last time someone did that he brought up this bandaged friend from the docks to get it back," the student waited for them to take it, then went to sit back down with his fellow students, their papers started to burst into flames again but were quickly put out.

"Ah I've heard of you!" The revolutionary said with a smile. "Well this is a fairly safe place, thick walls to keep people out and secrets in, what do you want to know?" She then asked, knocking on the wall to show how safe it was soon after. Kristina smiled upon hearing that the woman had heard of her.

"It is good to hear that my name is remembered, or at the very least known to some of you. Anyway, what I would like to know is; did Miss Viola have any enemies, people who whether they be a fellow revolutionary or someone on the outside who would want to do her harm..." Kristina asked, stopping part way through to take another look at Viola's body again, thought she saw it moving, but it could of just been Elisa positioning it for the examination. "...or do her in." She then added. Kristina made sure to note the response the revolutionary gave to Elisa's question about Viola's location, thinking it might be useful for later.

"It is good to hear that my name is remembered, or at the very least known to some of you. Anyway, what I would like to know is; did Miss Viola have any enemies, people who whether they be a fellow revolutionary or someone on the outside who would want to do her harm..."

"Well other than the usual lot of constables and neddy men that oppose our cause nothing springs to mind, Viola was never directly involved, she just made the bombs," the revolutionary shrugged, "If it was sabotage then she might be able to tell us in an hour or so."

She thought for a second, pacing in circles, "I doubt its the constables though, they wouldn't blow up her workshop, just rush in and arrest her, neddy men probably would do something similar. Could be some rash idiot looking to prove himself, or someone holding a grudge but I doubt it, Viola didn't have any enemies that I know of."

"The tickets goes into the box, by the way. And do not mind the cats, Ptolemy, they have promised to stay away from you."
"Excuse me..." Melissa blinked as Rubbery performed a very odd series of movements then vanished into distance. She turned back to the mystic lady and shrugged.
"Anyway... You seem fairly well informed, do you know why we..." Melissa giggled as she corrected herself "I mean do you know why I am here?" the girl dropped the case at her side and whipped the letter out of her handbag roughly in front of the lady. Melissa gave a kind smile as she simply stated "Might as well find out where we stand now, do you agree?"

Carnival Group

Rosemary looked surprised as she saw the rubbery man and the rat leave, but the young woman in front of her spoke before she could question it.

"Anyway... You seem fairly well informed, do you know why we..." Melissa giggled as she corrected herself "I mean do you know why I am here?" the girl dropped the case at her side and whipped the letter out of her handbag roughly in front of the lady. Melissa gave a kind smile as she simply stated"Might as well find out where we stand now, do you agree?"

The so-called psychic did not even have to look at the letter to know what it was. "Yes, I do believe a certain man has sent you to talk to me. Now, I would prefer some privacy when speaking about matters like this, no doubt the running rubbery man brought some attention to us." She entered the tent, and waited for Melissa to do the same. When she had, Rosemary smiled. "So, you are from the surface, right? How come someone like you got connected to the great game this quickly?" She chuckled, and one of the cats around appeared on her left. A small brown one, letting her stroke its fur as it watched Melissa with big orange eyes. "Or would you perhaps prefer to get down to business?"

"So, you are from the surface, right? How come someone like you got connected to the great game this quickly?" She chuckled, and one of the cats around appeared on her left. A small brown one, letting her stroke its fur as it watched Melissa with big orange eyes. "Or would you perhaps prefer to get down to business?"

Melissa looked around for somewhere to sit. After a few moments she decided to plant her suitcase down and sit on it, deftly patting down her lap when she was comfortable. She figured someone with eyes all over the city was the kind of person who would become a hindrance quickly. She also wasn't in the mood to screw up and get stuffed in a prison or to have to stop herself having any fun at all during her stay in the filthy hole.

Melissa gave a polite smile and returned the cat's stare "Well... I think I know why." the girl blushed and hid her hands behind her sleeves and hands "It's really embarrassing though... Can you keep a secret?" Melissa sounded genuinely shy and embarrassed.

Not that it was very hard.

Carnival Group

"Well... I think I know why." the girl blushed and hid her hands behind her sleeves and hands "It's really embarrassing though... Can you keep a secret?"

Rosemary nodded, but did not move more than that. She did, however, manage to give of a friendly, trusting aura. "Or course, miss. I can keep secrets like no one else. Tell me, why is it?" Rosemary sounding genuinely interested in the reason, her smile widening. The cat continued to stare at Melissa, it almost seemed to be listening to what she said. "Do not be shy," she added.

"Well other than the usual lot of Constables and Neddy Men that oppose our cause nothing springs to mind, Viola was never directly involved, she just made the bombs." The revolutionary shrugged unsure of what to make of it. "If it was sabotage then she might be able to tell us in an hour or so." She then paced back and forth for a bit in circles. "I doubt its the Constables though, they wouldn't blow up her workshop, just rush in and arrest her, Neddy Men probably would do something similar. Could be some rash idiot looking to prove himself, or someone holding a grudge but I doubt it, Viola didn't have any enemies that I know of."

"Hmm, well that doesn't help our case, though it may narrow down possible suspects. Might be time the bomb site was given a look over, may provide us with more clues and more questions to ask. Elisa, do you wish to come, or do you think that you'll need to examine Viola some more?"

"Hmm, well that doesn't help our case, though it may narrow down possible suspects. Might be time the bomb site was given a look over, may provide us with more clues and more questions to ask. Elisa, do you wish to come, or do you think that you'll need to examine Viola some more?"

"No," Elisa said turning from the body, "I've found out all I can, all we can do now is wait for Viola to wake up to give us the facts we are missing,"

However, when all was said and done, Craig was possible the closet thing they had to a prime suspect. If Viola was on a break when the bomb had gone off then it was highly unlikely, accident or no, that she was the cause of it going off. Having just been released from New Newgate Craig had everything to earn and pittance to lose if he had played the role of assassin, a shoddy one at that, but perhaps he had not been long enough on the Neath to know the rules of death?

"On the way there, perhaps you could tell me about her assistant?" She asked the revolutionary, "What would he have gained from Viola's death?"

"Sure, the, I'll write the address down for you, its just down the street. It's still standing, but there are some holes in the walls, so you can't miss it." she jotted it down and passed the note to Kristina, then turned to see what Elisa had found.

"On the way there, perhaps you could tell me about her assistant?" She asked the revolutionary, "What would he have gained from Viola's death?"

"I don't know much about him. Craig was a nice guy, terrible beard though. He refused to cut it; god, I swear it smelled even worse after he got back from prison, I don't think he would have had anything to gain unless... do you think someone paid him to do it? Craig would never do that; he was very dedicated to the cause." She paced more rapidly. "I mean, I guess it could be him, but it doesn't seem likely."

"Or course, miss. I can keep secrets like no one else. Tell me, why is it?"

Melissa frowned a little "Well it's hard to explain... Which is why it's so embarrassing." She then cupped her cheeks in her hands and swooned from side to side "Well if I have a problem, it tends to disappear. Call it luck, call it fate. I guess my current... benefactor, wants to try and tap into that." she hugged her arms around herself tight and blushed deeply, she was obviously remembering something. She kept the same pose yet her demeanor seemed to change, something in the vibes Melissa was giving off. Her eyes seemed a little different, but not in any discernible way. "But I'll cut myself short there. If you want to get friendly, you might as well pick up the offer in front of you, then we'll be working part time for the same person. Wouldn't that be great?"
Melissa gave a bright smile, her eyes shut and her face practically lighting up the room, the words that came out of her mouth weren't exactly to be expected "That or the masked boss will probably send one of the dozen others in his employ here. I don't think they were hired for their people skills though..." Melissa seemed to mellow out a little, with a polite little nod she mentioned "I doubt your cats missed the tentacled man and his... odd behavior, for instance."

"Mr. Hayner left this with us, so we could hide stuff for him if the Ministry of Public Decency stopped by. We don't know where he went exactly but I think he keeps maps and records in his office, you might be able to find something there about where he went. Just don't take any of his research or anything, last time someone did that he brought up this bandaged friend from the docks to get it back."

"Thank you for your co-operation!" Collin said gleefully, "Can you just tell us Mr. Hayner's office is, and we will get your professor back safe and sound."

Carnival Group

"Well it's hard to explain... Which is why it's so embarrassing. Well if I have a problem, it tends to disappear. Call it luck, call it fate. I guess my current... benefactor, wants to try and tap into that." she hugged her arms around herself tight and blushed deeply. "But I'll cut myself short there. If you want to get friendly, you might as well pick up the offer in front of you, then we'll be working part time for the same person. Wouldn't that be great?"
Melissa gave a bright smile, her eyes shut and her face practically lighting up the room, the words that came out of her mouth weren't exactly to be expected "That or the masked boss will probably send one of the dozen others in his employ here. I don't think they were hired for their people skills though... I doubt your cats missed the tentacled man and his... odd behavior, for instance."

Rosemary's smile got colder, and she sat up. She sighed, and looked at the cat, before she looked back at Melissa. "And here I thought he had hired someone graceful, and it is just another thug. I will cut this short; One, I will not go back to working for him, it is too far from my ambitions. Two, I am guessing he already knew that, and included the possibility of me giving the right kind of info to him. I am fine with the last one, however," her face got more serious. "I will not let myself be bullied into doing that. There is no one he can send that can make me change my mind, understood?" Rosemary sounded calm and collected, and she was almost friendly when she added:

"As for what I want for it, I want you to keep a certain person from getting killed. I do not doubt he asked you to take care of a former Urchin named Katz, and I want that boy to be safe. Do what you have to, fake his death, hide him, as long as your "benefactor" decides that there is no reason to deal with him anymore. If that is done, I will agree to help the one who sent you out."

"As for what I want for it, I want you to keep a certain person from getting killed. I do not doubt he asked you to take care of a former Urchin named Katz, and I want that boy to be safe. Do what you have to, fake his death, hide him, as long as your "benefactor" decides that there is no reason to deal with him anymore. If that is done, I will agree to help the one who sent you out."

Melissa gave a look of confusion, followed my what appeared to be an epiphany, stating "I meant I was lucky. But your haste in making assumptions and dumping an extremely bothersome task on someone has proven you're not much for civility and grace yourself." She stood up and turned around and simply said back "If you took the offer initially I might have been more motivated for your little errand. Alas, not everyone is a people person, hmm?" Melissa took her two bags and stood up. "Sending an out of town girl against armed thugs to save a homeless boy, you're quite the character indeed aren't you." Melissa seemed fairly disappointed "Where is he then?"

Carnival Group

"I meant I was lucky. But your haste in making assumptions and dumping an extremely bothersome task on someone has proven you're not much for civility and grace yourself." She stood up and turned around. "If you took the offer initially I might have been more motivated for your little errand. Alas, not everyone is a people person, hmm?" Melissa took her two bags. "Sending an out of town girl against armed thugs to save a homeless boy, you're quite the character indeed aren't you." Melissa seemed fairly disappointed "Where is he then?"

"He usually keeps to the Flit, which I doubt you would know where is. You could probably pay someone to show you the way, but I would rather suggest getting an urchin to get him for you, as it is rather... high up. I do doubt those clothes are fit for such." She took out a pen, wrote a short letter, and sealed it, before giving it to Melissa. "Now, you probably want to read the contents, but I would advice against it. Tell the child you employ to give it to the former urchin Katz." She added;

"As for the thugs, I am sure you will manage. Else you would not have been employed by him." She showed Melissa the way out, and murmured; "But if you really doubt your excellent luck, perhaps you should ask someone to help you?"

Melissa smiled. As she exited the tent she simply said "It's more so a question of the boy's luck."
She quickly walked through the fairgrounds, placing the new letter in her bag briskly shooing several carny folk.
She stepped onto the cobbled street and looked around. She hadn't really taken in how disgusting and dank the city was. Her mind began to wander towards why she was even bothering when a dirty little boy accidentally bumped into her. Melissa was quick to spring an arm out like a viper, crushing the lanky boy's upper arm with her deceptively delicate hand. The pressure made his hand spasm and drop her purse into her other, now waiting hand. Melissa dexterously flicked a silver coin out with her one hand, clasped the purse and had it back in her bag before she caught the coin. Maintaining her physical abuse on a minor she shook him hard and made him face her.

"If you want this coin more than you want to discover what disembowelment means, you will take me to 'former urchin' Katz who frequents the Flit." Melissa spoke the end of the sentence with disdain. She then brought her face closer to the boy as she released his arm. "There might even be more money in it for you if you get me there quickly... But if you don't know who I am talking about, I guess I could always educate you on how to introduce yourself to a lady." Melissa gave a warm smile as she placed the coin in the boy's hand. "If you run I'll throw a knife into the back of your dirty little head. Let's work hard together to both get what we want, hmm?"

"Sure, the, I'll write the address down for you, its just down the street. It's still standing, but there are some holes in the walls, so you can't miss it." The revolutionary jotted it down and passed the note to Kristina, then turned to see what Elisa had found.

"On the way there, perhaps you could tell me about her assistant?" Elisa had asked, "What would he have gained from Viola's death?"

"I don't know much about him. Craig was a nice guy, terrible beard though. He refused to cut it; god, I swear it smelled even worse after he got back from prison, I don't think he would have had anything to gain unless... do you think someone paid him to do it? Craig would never do that; he was very dedicated to the cause." The revolutionary paced more rapidly as they headed towards the location. "I mean, I guess it could be him, but it doesn't seem likely."

"It is possible that someone may have put him up to it, but why would someone who had only recently come out of New Newgate risk the chance of going back in again?" Kristina asked rhetorically. "Maybe they assisted in making sure that it looked like an accident of some sort; but for the moments these are just unproven theories, and we shouldn't jump on speculation quiet yet." She then added. Kristina then began to think of another question to ask.

"Tell me, did Viola ever keep some sort of diary or journal; anything that may have noted her activities and whereabouts in greater detail."

"I think it would be best, if I try to question them again, alone. I am sorry to say that some duelist are quite racist, I will be back shortly." Arreck simply nodded and watched as Allen was led down to the spider fighting pits in the basement. "He goes alone?" Arreck asked the moment Allen was out of earshot, "the chances of him being found dead in an alley have risen considerably," Arreck shrugged and stomped over to an empty table. With a sweep of his hand he cleared various mugs and what looked like a wooden eyeball from the table and propped his staff against it. "I'll try a new tactic up here."

Throwing back his shoulders, Arreck rose to his full height and issued a challenge to the entire room, "Can anybody here match the strength of a Clay Man? Or is this a gathering of cowards and weaklings? Does anyone dare face me in an armwrestling match?"

"That one, it'll be down the stairs, and then you'll be able find it easily enough. Now," he snatched the papers from her hand, clearly annoyed. "I'm in a hurry, so, please excuse me, because I really need to get going." He then started running, pushing away those who stood in his way. Nevertheless, they now knew the location of the kitchen.

"Thank you very much sir." Travian said with an extravagant bow before turning towards the direction he had pointed them in. Like so much of London the palace was a dark and unwelcoming place, full of dark and winding corridors and passages but once he made his way down the stairs it was easy enough to find the kitchen. All Travian had to do was follow the smell of mushrooms cooking and the clatter of kitchen utensils.

The kitchen itself was an unimpressive thing. It was large sure but far from the standard he expected a professional establishment. The work surfaces were in disarray, there was dust and cobwebs scattered liberally and he wouldn't even get started on the staff.

"Lets hope they can be of some use." He said to Sam. "I'll see if the chefs can tell us anything." With that Travian broke away to help a bewildered sou chef with his sauce, and strike up a conversation about Wolfgang while he was at it.

"I think it would be best, if I try to question them again, alone. I am sorry to say that some duelist are quite racist, I will be back shortly."
Cyprus nodded stoically, and strolled over to the bar. He raised two fingers, getting the bartenders attention. "Get me something strong, next rounds on me." as he spoke, he pulled out a bag of echoes and rostygold.
"Can anybody here match the strength of a Clay Man? Or is this a gathering of cowards and weaklings? Does anyone dare face me in an armwrestling match?"
And now it seemed provoking the Zailors was the thing to do here. Cyprus thought briefly about taking him up on that, but he knew he wasn't that strong. A duel was more Cyprus' thing. He sighed, leaning back in his chair, waiting for something to happen.

Kristina

"Tell me, did Viola ever keep some sort of diary or journal; anything that may have noted her activities and whereabouts in greater detail."

"Not that I know of, we recovered some damaged bomb making notes from her workshop but that's about it," She walked over and grabbed a heavily damaged book off a table, then walked back to hand it to Kristina.

"Here, I'll be needing that back when you're done with it, not sure you'll find anything in it especially considering how damaged it is, but feel free to look through it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arreck

"Can anybody here match the strength of a Clay Man? Or is this a gathering of cowards and weaklings? Does anyone dare face me in an armwrestling match?"

Some of the Zailors laughed or jeered, eventually one burly one approached the table and sat across from Arreck, he was clearly at least as drunk as his fellow patrons, but if anyone looked like they could armwrestle a clay man it was this man.

"Alrighty, I'm game, care to wager anything on it?" he said, his words more coherent than one would expect considering his state. He extended one muscular, tatooed arm across the table.

"Get me something strong, next rounds on me."

The bartender nodded, took the payment and poured Cyprus a glass, then started to pour drinks for the Zailors that decided to take up the offer of another round, many were too distracted by Arreck's challenge, or too drunk already to care.

One of the more recently arrived Zailors clapped Cyprus on the back as he grabbed his drink, "Thankshhh, for a lawman you aren't dat bad, why'd you come here anywaysh, don't see many like you around here."

A wager was exactly what Arreck was hoping for, he found the duelist and his company to be suspicious and wanted to make sure there was some kind of backup plan in case Allen's investigation came to nothing. The letter containing information about Francis had claimed the duelist could never resist a good fight that was exactly what Arreck intended to spread word of. Arreck nodded to the Zailor and set his elbow down against the table as well.

"If I win, all I request of you is that you and your associates spread word that anyone looking for a good fight should seek out the Clay Man Arreck. What would you ask of me should you win?" Arreck politely for the Zailor to state his terms.

"If I win, all I request of you is that you and your associates spread word that anyone looking for a good fight should seek out the Clay Man Arreck. What would you ask of me should you win?"

"Hmm, how about a drink for me an' my mates?" the Zailor replied grabbing Arreck's hand tightly, he was grinning stupidly.

Most of the other Zailors were paying close attention, usually a clay man would lose one of these contests due to trickery, and so the opponent could brag about their victory, but in this case the clay man had issued the challenge, and the Zailor had no trickery up his sleeve, he was a little too drunk to consider that.

"Thankshhh, for a lawman you aren't dat bad, why'd you come here anywaysh, don't see many like you around here."Cyprus looked at the slobbish, plump mound of flesh that sat next to him. He smelled like he could've gone without his generosity. Still....
"Tell me, have you heard of a duelist named Francis Wolf? I need to find him, to meet up with somebody. It's important, lives could be at stake. And the constables would be appreciative if you were to aid in this investigation..."

"Can you just tell us Mr. Hayner's office is, and we will get your professor back safe and sound."

"Sure its just down the hall on your left, room 109, good luck," the student turned back to the research.

Carnival Group

"If you run I'll throw a knife into the back of your dirty little head. Let's work hard together to both get what we want, hmm?"

The young boy nodded, scared, and told her to follow in tiny, scared voice. He could not be more than ten years old, and he seemed fragile and skinny, from the lack of food. Not wanting the bad lady to hurt him even more, he showed her the easiest way to the Flit, telling himself not to run away every time he had the chance to. After a while, they were around where he had heard Katz was staying, and yelled the name. He did it until a tall, not as scrawny but still thin, teenager appeared. His blond hair was unkempt, and his clothes did not quite fit. "Dat's 'im," the urchin said. "Can I leav' now?" Even though he said that, he held out his hand, hoping to receive more coins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palace Group

The chef had been minding his own business, making the main-course sauce when a man had walked up and started talking to him, helping him out. As helpful as it was, the whole thing seemed suspicious. However, he could not help but to answer; "The functionary? What about him?" When the man had asked him about Wolfgang Reynard. "Who are you, actually?" he added, while stirring the sauce.

"I accept your terms," replied Arreck, he had expected such a request from a Zailor, and he locked his grip around the Zailor's hand. The other Zailors around the room were watching the match closely though Arreck knew they were not likely to report any cheating they witnessed. He could have requested a referee be present to oversee the match but he figured his opponent's confidence simply came from drunkeness rather than an ace up his sleeve. "We will begin at the word 'go', three, two, one, go!" Arreck paused for a moment to make sure his drunken opponent had heard his command before pushing against the Zailor's hand with all his strength.

"The functionary? What about him?" When the man had asked him about Wolfgang Reynard. "Who are you, actually?" he added, while stirring the sauce.

"I'm his new personal chef." Travian said taking a sip of the concoction. "Apparently he wasn't happy with the service here. See that girl over there?" He nodded his head to Sam. "His new maid." He added a dash of salt. "The two of us were supposed to get a tour of the kitchens before reporting to his rooms... but seems our guide's wandered off. Don't suppose you could give us some directions?" He tried to looks as official as possible.

Cyprus

"Tell me, have you heard of a duelist named Francis Wolf? I need to find him, to meet up with somebody. It's important, lives could be at stake. And the constables would be appreciative if you were to aid in this investigation..."

"Francishh? Yeah he'sh my mate, buysshh drinksh for everyone when he wins one of hish duels," the friendly drunk finishes his glass, then patted Cyprus on the back "Haven't sheen him for a week or so, lasht I saw of him he went down to the pitsh, I saw him leave with a box full o' shpidersh, I might remember where he went, but my memorieshh a bit fuzzy."

The Zailor gave a meaningful glance to his empty cup and patted Cyprus on the back again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arreck

The burly Zailor threw all of his strength into the contest and for several seconds, which seemed to stretch endlessly for the viewers, the two arms remained quivering but stationary. Then, inexorably, the Zailor's arm was pushed down and hit the table with a clap.

He shook his hand and winced a little, "Ouch, you've got a tight grip, guess I lost," he turned and yelled to the Zailors around him "HEY YOU LOT, THIS CLAY RIGHT HERE IS TAKING ALL COMERS, SPREAD THE WORD!"

The crowd cheered and laughed at this statement, although none of them looked terribly keen on taking him up on the offer, word would travel fast though.

"Haven't sheen him for a week or so, lasht I saw of him he went down to the pitsh, I saw him leave with a box full o' shpidersh, I might remember where he went, but my memorieshh a bit fuzzy."
Cyprus exhaled slowly. Drunks weren't the best people to interrogate, so he'd follow along for now. Then, he'd stab him in an ally, but for now, he bought the man another drink, putting 2 echoes on the table, sliding them towards the bartender.
"Something strong again, and something for this guy." Cyprus scratched his chin, waiting for the man to continue. If it wasn't useful, he'd simply shoot the man.

Palace Group

"The two of us were supposed to get a tour of the kitchens before reporting to his rooms... but seems our guide's wandered off. Don't suppose you could give us some directions?"

"His office you mean?" The chef looked at the two, back and forth. In the end, after having tasted the soup again, he nodded, believing him. "Fair enough." He told Travian the location before going back to the sauce, adding some more spices to it. It seemed he was not interesting in talking anymore, or perhaps he was offended by what the supposed new chef had said.

"Something strong again, and something for this guy."

The bartender eyed the two echoes suspiciously. It was a lot of money for one glass but he took it before Cyprus could change his mind. He dug around below the bar for a bottle, pulling out one containing some dark black liquor, likely absinthe, and filled the drunks glass as well as Cyprus's.

The drunk grinned stupidly as he reached for it. "Yer my besht friend, I think I saw Francish headed to the hill, not sure where exactly, prolly near the 'servatory if he's got shpidersh, I hear the people at that place have a whole council of them."

He raised his glass and downed it quickly, his eyes twitched somewhat afterwards but he turned back to Cyprus. "So are you gonna shtick aroun' for another round?" he asked hopefully.

"Not that I know of, we recovered some damaged bomb making notes from her workshop but that's about it." The revolutionary said as she walked over and grabbed a heavily damaged book off a table, then walked back to hand it to Kristina. "Here, I'll be needing that back when you're done with it, not sure you'll find anything in it especially considering how damaged it is, but feel free to look through it."

"Thank you kindly." Kristina said before she began to look over the contents of the manual.

Its contents was as the revolutionary described it, the book contained varying descriptions of how to make all sorts of bombs and what kind of materials and ingredients were to be used in the process. There were a few pages that were burned or damaged due to the explosion, and all sorts of off-hand notes; sadly though none of them were useful in their investigation. Kristina soon handed the book back.

"I couldn't find anything of use to us in the book. Anyway, Elisa let us head over to this bomb making workshop, see if we can't find any clues there." Kristina then turned to face the revolutionary who let them in.

"Could I ask something of you, should Viola happen to wake whilst we're at the site, could you send someone to go get us please?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked