The Great Game: A Fallen London RP (Started, closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

"Ah you're back! Did you find anything? Viola just came too and was about to tell us what she remembers." The revolutionary mentioned quite happily as Kristina and Elisa entered. Shortly thereafter Elisa questioned the reason for a track in the snow next to the warehouse, to which the watchman replied as a drunk harassing him. Kristina noticed the man was standing back from the scene, as if waiting for something important.

"I should probably start that over again, for the benefit of our guests, although maybe they have something to tell us first? I was told you had a message for me." Viola said as she finished her tea, setting the cup to one side.

"Indeed, that might just be a good idea Miss Viola. And yes, we do have a message for you. A gentleman who goes by the initials T.E. requests your services in the Great Game once again. He has also asked us to look into the explosion at your workshop Miss Viola, to try and find the reason behind it." Kristina remarked politely before revealing what they found.

"We... also found this at the warehouse." She then added, unfolding the face for all to see and laying it out on the table.

"Indeed, that might just be a good idea Miss Viola. And yes, we do have a message for you. A gentleman who goes by the initials T.E. requests your services in the Great Game once again. He has also asked us to look into the explosion at your workshop Miss Viola, to try and find the reason behind it."

Viola seemed a bit surprised by this, "Sounds great! I'd be happy to, it'd be just like old times!" she turned to address the revolutionary, "Don't worry I'll still have time to work for the cause."

The revolutionary seemed satisfied with this, although the watchman seemed surprised and tilted his head curiously at the mention of the game.

"We... also found this at the warehouse."

Viola and the revolutionary were both startled by the face, "Craig?!" Viola said in surprise, "Is that his face? What could have done that?"

The revolutionary gasped and put her hands over her mouth in shock. The watchman's hands seemed to tighten into fists.

He examined his own glasses, trying to determine whether or not to continue. A look towards the chessboard, and he sighed. "If he could ensure my family's safety, then maybe." Wolfgang cleared his voice. "Only maybe, I'll consider doing some jobs for him again. Not the most dangerous kind, of course. And make sure he keeps in mind that I'm married." He smiled slightly, thinking back at some of former jobs no doubt. "That's the only way I'll join the game again."

"I'm sure he'll be understanding of your situation sir." Travian croaked. He'd been standing to attention in the corner of the room, idly inspecting the variety of knickknacks that littered the walls. "No offence intended Mr Wolfgang but it seems as if your specialties lie elsewhere, if our mutual 'friend' knows the game as well as you say they do then they wont send some one such as yourself to rough up zailors by moonlight." It only made sense. If Travian had a host of spies and thugs at his disposal then he wouldn't send middle-aged desk worker to do the physically demanding jobs.

"I can't say I can promise you anything but I'm sure the jobs he sends your way will be more... rewarding than the chores you get here."

"Tell yeh what, I still need to take him th' spider feed I promised, so I'll give you a discount on whichever one you want if you take it to him afterwards," the Zailor gestured at one of the bags of goof behind him. Allen liked his idea, and he didn't mind carrying a bag around. it would bring memories back, of his days of working at the docks. "Now then if loyalty is what you want I think ye'll want th' bandaged one, he's been well trained, much more so than these others, plus he's slow enough tha' if he does try t' bite you outrunnin' him will be easy." The Zailor said.

Allen took a good look at the bandaged spider, it wasn't a fast one but he did look strong. And he was obviously experienced too and he was tough from the looks of it. And he had to admit, that the bandaged reminded him a bit of himself. "Yes the bandaged one looks good, and the idea about the delivery is a good one as well." Allen took out his black wallet. "How much do you want for the spider, sir?" He asked the man looking friendly.

"How much do you want for the spider, sir?"

"Hmmm, he's a good one, but I promised you a discount so lets say... 20 echoes?" the Zailor grinned, from Allen's clothes it was clear that he could afford that much, while he waited for Allen's response he pulled out a map of the hill, marking it to show him where to take the food.

He put away the other two cages, the bandaged spider looked up at Allen stiffly, as if waiting for a command.

Palace Group

"I can't say I can promise you anything but I'm sure the jobs he sends your way will be more... rewarding than the chores you get here."

"Yes, no doubt, most would be. However, I don't need words to convince me, I need to know my family will be safe," Wolfgang said, and looked at the two of them, determined. "Surely, that is understandable, right? I've already said I'll think about it, what I need you to do is give me proof that they will be protected."

The brass horns... The instrument of devils. No, that brought too many memories of her honey-addled days back. She brushed them aside, as she was Forsythia B. Baumgartner and she would not tarnish her name ever again. While the Great Game was risky business, at least she was doing some honest work unlike some involved in it. Her eyes fell on the broken statue and back to her horse-head amulet and then she wondered whether all came here simply for the Correspondence rather than to find about the lost civilization that had left its mark here. But she and Collin were not here for that, unfortunately. They were here for something, or rather, someone else. She loosened a glove and inspected the shards of pottery, some were even covered in chalk.

"Follow the trail or follow the devils?" She asked the gentlemen beside her. 'Brimstone or calcium carbonate?'

The looks on both Viola and the revolutionaries face were a look of absolute horror. "Craig?!" Viola said in surprise, "Is that his face? What could have done that?" She asked. The revolutionary mean while put her hands over her mouth in shock. Meanwhile, Kristina noticed that the watchman's hands had tightened into fists.

"Unfortunately I do not know." Kristina remarked with a depressed sigh.

"However, Elisa here thinks she has an idea or two about what is going on. Care to elaborate?" Kristina asked Elisa.

"However, Elisa here thinks she has an idea or two about what is going on. Care to elaborate?" Kristina asked Elisa.

"Yes, although it's probably not the news you want to hear Viola..."She replied despondently, looking at the mask. "That is indeed Craig's face, made from his skin, done so by what is known as a Snuffer. They are identity thieves; they steal the faces of others and wear them for themselves. I shudder at the prospect at what might be hiding underneath." She continued, slipping her free hand into her coat, unbuttoning on the strap that kept the revolver in place, "Although it may be only my own paranoia after witnessing the remains of such a monster, but I have reason to believe the watchman over there might be one of them. Unless he can prove it by showing us the drunk. After all, he could catch pneumonia in this weather."She finished in a more assertive tone.

"Hmmm, he's a good one, but I promised you a discount so lets say... 20 echoes?" The Zailor grinned at him, the man then pulled out a map of the hill. Allen took a good look at the spider, he seemed very reliable and sturdy. Still he didn't wanted to pay the 'full price', he would try to get it down a bit. "How about 15 echoes? 20 seems a bit steep to me." Allen was smiling as well, it always paid to be friendly.

"Although it may be only my own paranoia after witnessing the remains of such a monster, but I have reason to believe the watchman over there might be one of them. Unless he can prove it by showing us the drunk. After all, he could catch pneumonia in this weather."

"Go out and see for yourself, that is if he hasn't come to and wandered off by now," the watchman replied, forcing his hands to unclench, he spoke evenly but there was tension in his voice.

The revolutionary was speechless, as was Viola, both had heard stories of snuffer's but thought they were just that, stories. Such things, if they did exist, would be across the unterzee and surely would remain there, yet they did not question their investigators, the pieces fit too nicely for that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How about 15 echoes? 20 seems a bit steep to me."

"Yer tryin' to rob me!" the zailor said jokingly, he considered the offer before accepting it, taking the money and handing the spider, the feed, and the map to Allen.

The spider looked up at Allen patiently, waiting for him to move so that it could follow, or for him to direct it. It did not wear a leash of any sort, though perhaps its bandages could be unravelled enough to work as one.

As Allen concluded his business with the Zailor the trio approached him again, "So did you find out anything? All we've managed to gather from this lot is that he's holed up somewhere on the hill," Daniel said, looking rather irritated about his own lack of success.

"That is indeed Craig's face, made from his skin, done so by what is known as a Snuffer. They are identity thieves; they steal the faces of others and wear them for themselves. I shudder at the prospect at what might be hiding underneath." Elisa said, with Kristina noticing that her free hand was slipping into her coat, and catching a glimpse of the revolver.

Snuffers. Kristina had heard a couple of myths about them, of people who could alter their appearance and blend in with the crowd, albeit in a rather morbid fashion. The mere act sent a shiver down Kristina's spine. She continued to listen to Elisa's theory.

"Although it may be only my own paranoia after witnessing the remains of such a monster, but I have reason to believe the watchman over there might be one of them. Unless he can prove it by showing us the drunk. After all, he could catch pneumonia in this weather."

"Go out and see for yourself, that is if he hasn't come to and wandered off by now." The watchman said, his hands slowly unclenching, as if he didn't want to, but there was clearly tension in the way he spoke. Was he getting nervous, or rather frustrated at the accusations? Or was he fearing that Elisa might have found him out? These questions would be answered soon Kristina thought to herself.

"Right then, best we get to him quick, if its as cold as you say it is Elisa, who knows how long he might have." Kristina said as she made her way to the door.

Arreck wanted to make haste to the observatory and make haste he did. Whatever scores of unpleasant creatures that were surely lurking in the darkness none of them made a move to challenge the hulking Unfinished Man as he rapidly ascended the hill. Arreck reasoned that while he might miss Cyprus in the dark, he would definitely lose a great deal of time if he combed the hillside looking for him. Instead he focused soley on reaching the Observatory, he could inquire whether Cyprus had arrived once he got there. Such inquiries turned out to be unnecessary however because Arreck nearly bowled right into Cyprus at the entrance to the observatory.

"Greetings, I was told I would find you here, I trust you have not begun your inquiries within yet?" Arreck paused as he spotted what must be a rat perched on Cyprus' shoulder. "You've got something on your shoulder," he pointed out, in case the Tomb Colonist hadn't noticed.

"What I need you to do is give me proof that they will be protected," Wolfgang said, sounding determined.

"There is no need to worry Mr. Wolfgang," Sam assured him, "Precautions will be taken to ensure that your family will not come to any harm and that they don't find out about your involvement in the great game." She said the last bit with a small smirk.

"Or did you have something else in mind?"

Palace Group

"Or did you have something else in mind?"

Wolfgang shrugged. "That was it, mostly. You can go ahead and tell your employer that I'll start working for him again. Only..." he looked towards the door, it was closed, but not locked. "I do require you to prove a thing for me now, right here." He stepped in front of the door, making sure they would not leave yet. Of course, he was not particularly strong, but if he ran ahead of them, he could alert someone before the duo could escape, surely. "Are you really his agents? If you are, tell me, why did he employ you? And what did he look like? No offence to the two of you, but I need to make sure you won't give this information to the wrong people."

"Yer tryin' to rob me!" The zailor said clearly joking. He then handed the map and the spider to Allen. He accepted them all with a smile, and then paid the zailor. He took a good look at his new pet, he would have to buy a leash for it after this mission. He nodded his head to the zailor, lifted up the bag and began heading towards the door.

But before he could take a single step, he saw the trio of duelist standing behind him. "So did you find out anything? All we've managed to gather from this lot is that he's holed up somewhere on the hill," Daniel said, looking irritated. Allen wasn't sure if he should share his findings with the men, they probably wanted revenge on him. Which could interfere with his current mission.

Then again he could just lie to them, it wasn't like he had never done that before. "I am afraid I didn't find any leads yet. Though I did finally get a suitable pet, perhaps any of the other people around here know something? Anyway I made a deal with the sailor to deliver some food, in exchange for a discount. I wish you gentleman the best of luck, and I will share any future leads I get with you." Allen smiled and then began heading towards the door once again.

"Right then, best we get to him quick, if its as cold as you say it is Elisa, who knows how long he might have." Kristina said as she made her way to the door.

Keeping her eyes on the watchman, who seemed to be growing more tense by the minute, she followed Kristina to the door. "I think it would be best if you stayed here. It would be imprudent for us both to go, even if it ends up that my suspicions are false." She said, "Don't worry the most that's out there is a drunk and if not I have the revolver"

Before Kristina could object Elisa excited out into the cold to investigate what was and what could be, revolver in hand and ready.

Elisa and Kristina

Following the trail into the alleyway led to a body, it was stripped of its clothing, had bruises around the throat, and was missing its face. Without its face it was difficult to identify but from the build it looked to be the watchman.

Inside the building the watchman waited a few moments, then bolted for the door, shoving at Kristina as he tried to escape into the street. As he did this he let out an inhuman snarl, one arm stuffed into his coat to draw a knife he had tucked away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allen

Daniel grumbled and shrugged, venturing back into the crowd, the bandaged member of the trio, Jim, gave Allen a suspicious look before following Daniel. The map gave a surprisingly direct route to the house, but it would still take time to catch up with those who had left before him.

The spider followed dutifully along behind Allen, after giving an equally suspicious glare at Jim.

"I think it would be best if you stayed here. It would be imprudent for us both to go, even if it ends up that my suspicions are false." Elisa said, stopping Kristina in her tracks. "Don't worry, the most that's out there is a drunk, and if not I have the revolver. " She then added, with Elisa heading outside.

"Whilst you may have the revolver Elisa, who knows what might be out there. I'm coming along with you, just to make sure your safe, and to keep away any unwanted attention, the revolutionaries probably wouldn't want a dead body to be found next door to them." Kristina remarked, showing concern for the doctor.

Following the pathway from the city street and down into the alleyway, they soon came across a body. At first glance, Kristina could see that the body was entirely naked, not a scrap of clothing on him, and that the face had been removed completely. Kneeling further down, Kristina moved the head slightly both left and right, and saw that there was some bruising along the throat and neck.

"It appears you were right about the watchman being a Snuffer Elisa, the real one is right here. That would explain his sudden change in behaviour upon our return. Looks like the cause of death was from strangulation of some kind. Couldn't have been from the use of hands though, the bruising is not the same." Kristina remarked to Elisa as she began to search the immediate area for something that could of been used garrotte. She soon found a ligature of rope, which upon closer inspection, fitted the circumference of the real watchman's neck.

"Looks like I've found our murder weapon Elisa. Quickly lets get the the fake watchmen before he-" Kristina began to say as they headed back, before someone burst out of the door, and knocked Kristina over before making their way towards the street. Kristina soon picked herself up and dusted herself down, rope still in hand as she put it into her coat pocket.

"That must of been the Snuffer making a break for it. Elisa, you head back inside and see if Viola and the other revolutionary are okay. I'll try and chase him down before he escapes." Kristina said in a hurry, before running after the man, who she could see was carrying a knife.

Kristina and Elisa

The Snuffer raced down the street, ducking and weaving through alleyways, in different weather it might have had more success losing its pursuer but the occasional patches of snow left a trail of footprints and causing it to occasionally stumble. It threw what debris it could behind it, even shoving a beggar into Kristina's path before it found a ladder and began scrambling up to the rooftops, perhaps hoping to have more success evading her higher up.

Back at the hideout Viola rushed outside, she saw Elisa and ran over to her, "Quick, the snuffer, it stabbed her, it was going for me but she got in its way!"

Viola rushed back inside, the revolutionary was sitting back against the table, clutching her stomach, she was bleeding a fair amount, and her hands and clothes over the spot were already stained red.

Collin stepped out of the cab into the foggy streets. Collin pulled out his revolver.

"Stay close," Collin said, "Let's hope we are not to late."

Collin slowly moved forward into the fog. Collin's eyes kept an eye on the clouds around him, keeping a sign for any movement, as he followed the sound of the demons horns.

Kristina continued to chase the Snuffer as it raced down the street, dodging and weaving through the various alleyways in a desperate attempt to lose its pursuer. Had it been any other time of year then it might have had a higher chance of escape, but fate was in Kristina's favour as the snow gave away the path that the Snuffer was taking. Kristina had to side step left and right to avoid the debris that was being thrown her way, and had even rolled to one side to avoid an incoming beggar.

After standing up, she saw that the Snuffer was climbing up a ladder, no doubt an attempt to lose her amongst the rooftops.

"Your not going to lose me that easily. Rooftops are where I sometimes do my best work." Kristina remarked as she smiled. She soon began to follow him up on the ladder.

Collin pulled out his revolver, was this really a time for violence? She followed him out of the cab and continued to follow the possessed man. From his words, she could guess that he was suggesting that the devils were after their mark. But why? The ones she had met so far in the 'Neath had only shown her the earthly pleasures available here down underground. Maybe the devils down there were of a different sort? Forsythia was ignorant in that regard, she had only met a rival here, nothing more, nothing less. But, she chose to trust Collin's judgement and began to run.

Collin looked to see Forsythia start running into the fog. While he was a man of action, and loved to charge headfirst to a challenge. However, sometimes the best way to catch the Tiger was to stalk it slowly. With poor visibilities and to many interesting unknowns, running wasn't a good idea. However, Collin didn't want to shout and give their position away, so had no choice but to bolt after her.

A great lumbering Clay Man approached. Ptolemy recognized it from the meeting earlier that day. "You've got something on your shoulder," he said to Ptolemy's new corpse mount.

Ptolemy drew himself up to full height, incensed. "Why, I never! I am Ptolemy of Veilgarden, literary agent and executor! And I ask that you speak with more respect, sirrah." He took a deep breath. "But I digress. Shall we endeavor to flush out this wily knave of a duelist, then?"

Kristina

The snuffer reached the top of the ladder and then turned around, it glanced at Kristina and the top of the ladder, which was tied down to the ceiling by bits of rope to keep the passage to the Flit it provided from collapsing. The snuffer seemed to weigh its options before bending over to begin hacking at the rope with its knife, preparing to shove the ladder over with Kristina still climbing up it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collin and Forsythia

As the pair rushed through the fog the sounds of barking and the calls of the brass horns grew louder, ahead they could make out a distinctly humanoid shape fleeing from the hounds, which were followed closely by a few of the devils on horseback. The figure stumbled and the hounds were upon them, even as a shadowy silhouette through the mist the scene was disturbing, and one of the devils rode in closer and finished off its prey with a stab from what appeared to be a spear or lance. However horrible it did not seem their hunt was finished, and one of the hounds seemed to pick up their scent, barking in their direction. It would not be long before the devils began to move towards them.

As Kristina was busy climbing the ladder, she could see that the Snuffer had reached the top of the ladder, and was looking down on Kristina, deciding what to do next. It was then that she could the Snuffer looking at the two ropes that were connecting the ladder to the wall; she could see the glint in its eye as it began to hack away at the ropes, hoping to cause the ladder to fall, and take Kristina along with it.

Kristina continued to climb the ladder, hoping to reach the top in time before it broke away. The closer that Kristina got, the more she could see that the ropes were becoming more frayed with each strike, when suddenly one snapped, causing Kristina to hold on tightly to the ladder. She could already see that the second rope was about to break, so she swung on the ladder, and jumped, grabbing onto some brick that stuck out. Kristina stopped to breathe for a moment, mentally cursing the Snuffer as well. The ladder meanwhile was hanging on by a few threads.

"You son of a bitch!" Was all she could muster for now as Kristina continued to climb. By the time she reached the top, Kristina could see that the Snuffer was already one rooftop ahead of her. Without giving time to pause, still having stamina to spare, she carried on with the chase.

"You won't be rid of me that easy."

Allen was impressed by the quality of the map. And as promised by the sailor, the spider followed him dutifully. Allen picked up the pace speed was important, who knew how long Francis would remain in that house. After a while he noticed that he was getting close to the house, he made sure that his weapons were in order. And then he walked up to the house, and knocked on the door.

Elisa stormed out of the warehouse, annoyed that Kristina hadn't heeded her wishes; no good would come of this that she was sure. With no one to protect Viola from the would-be snuffer their whole effort might be for nought. She was perfectly capable of handling herself anyway, if it was the corpse of the watchmen he wouldn't rise from the dead, not right away at least. And if it was just a drunk then he would be out cold from the drink and the weather.

Huffing she approached the silhouette of the body. She had been right. It was the watchman, his face and clothes stolen. From all that she had seen during her work, this was going near the top of the list as the worst ways to go. From the extensiveness of his wounds he would certainly be coming back as a bandaged man.

Kristina quickly deduced a prognoses, strangulation with a rope that had been dumped near near by. He was already dead when his face was taken, that was a small mercy.

Suddenly the door to the warehouse exploded open the snuffer, knife in hand, bolting out of it and Kristina was quick to give chase. Before dashing into the back alleys of the Neath she recommend that Elisa went back inside.

"Quick, the snuffer, it stabbed her, it was going for me but she got in its way!" Cried Viola as she dashed through the snow towards Elisa.

Snow crunching underfoot as she ran, she followed the young bomb maker back into the warehouse. The revolutionary was leaning, almost slouching, against the table where Viola had once lain. She was clutching her stomach from which a fair amount of blood could be be seen, some already staining her clothes. Picking up her doctors bag she dashed towards her.

"Viola, get me something I can use to put pressure on the wound, towels will do, but if you can't find any get something similar." She ordered. "Now," She said turning to the revolutionary, "It would be best for you to lie down," She urged, "I'll keep pressure on the wound until Viola returns, then I'll be able to properly treat you. Until then perhaps some conversation might help, and your name would be even better." She said reassuringly.

Kristina

The snuffer ran ahead, slowing periodically to see if she was still following it, it seemed to be growing tired, and was taking only the shorter jumps between rooftops. It was making its way steadily closer to the connected rooftops and structures that made up the Flit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elisa

Viola nodded and ran off, looking for the cleanest cloth that she could find. The revolutionary grimaced in pain, but managed to speak "My names Agatha, do you need me to lie on the table or would," she grimaced and inhaled in pain, "or would the floor work?"

Viola returned with a few bits of cloth in various states of cleanliness, "Sorry, most of these are pretty dirty, but it was the best I could find."

Allen

A slot on the door slid open, and a pair of blue eyes peered through, then the slot closed and the door opened a crack.

"I take it Matthew sent you?" the voice was deep and sounded a bit grumpy, a bandaged hand reached through the crack, "Hand the food here then."

It was hard to see Francis clearly as much of him was obscured by the door, but he seemed to be bandaged as your typical Tomb colonist was, but bits of black hair poked out through the bandages on his head, he wore a revolver on one hip, and behind him a sword could be seen propped up against a wall.

"Greetings, I was told I would find you here, I trust you have not begun your inquiries within yet?"

"No, no, I decided to wait till you got here, so we can both go in at the same time." Cyprus gave a small smile, that didn't reach his eyes.

"But I digress. Shall we endeavor to flush out this wily knave of a duelist, then?"

"Yes, we shall." Cyprus gave a fancy heel turn, keeping his eye on the cowardly robot. Cyprus gave a small "Hmph," and walked ahead, looking for any nearby domicile... Like the one Allen was standing in front of.

"I hate it when I'm beaten to the culprit." Cyprus sneered, gripping his cane. Still, he trudged forward, intent to make his shoes sacrifice worth it.

"Good evening Allen, I take it this Tomb colonist is our target." He said quietly, standing next to his colleague.

"And a good evening to you, my fellow Tomb- Colonist."

The man who opened seemed to be a tomb colonist, he only opened a fraction of the door. Then he closed it and opened it again, this time opening it a bit wider. The man appeared to be carrying a revolver on his hip, and his sword was on the other side of the room. "I take it Matthew sent you? Hand the food here then." The man said stretching out his hand. Allen was just about to respond, when a familiar voice suddenly spoke. "Good evening Allen, I take it this Tomb colonist is our target?"

"He is indeed yes." He whispered back looking at the man with a fake smile. "Hello sir Francis, we have to talk to you about something. But don't worry we are not black Ribbons here to hunt you, or anyone seeking to betray where you are hiding. We actually have a job offer for you, one which could guarantee your safety." He was still smiling, and he held onto the bag of feed. It was the only thing which they had what he wanted, so he needed to keep on to it tightly.

Arreck, Allen, Cyprus and Ptolemy

Francis withdrew his hand, but did not shut the door, he took note of the others arrival and glanced back at Allen.

"Who sent you then? And how do I know I can trust you?" he said to Allen, he seemed to be sizing up the group of them, and his previously outstretched hand was now placed on the butt of his revolver.

He didn't seem scared though, simply suspicious, although it was hard to tell through his bandages he seemed ready to spring into action at a moments notice were it required, and he seemed quite muscular under the wrappings. Some of the silk bandages seemed to whisper quietly, no doubt whisper silk from Polythreme, and with his arm no longer obscuring the room behind him as much a few black ribbons could be seen hanging on the wall behind him.

Kristina was slowly catching up to the Snuffer as they continued their chase along the rooftops. She noticed that the Snuffer was looking back to see if she was still following it, and it looked as though it was getting tired, as the layout of the rooftops changed from the more sporadic and spaced out, to ones that were closer and more connected. As they moved across the Flit, smaller chimney stacks started to appear on the rooftops, making Kristina either step around or jump over them, using them like stepping stones in a pond.

"I hope Elisa, Viola and that revolutionary are all-right." Kristina said to herself, showing a hint of concern.

"You know, you can just make this easier on yourself by giving up." Kristina shouted to the Snuffer.

"You know, you can just make this easier on yourself by giving up."

The snuffer shot her a glare, it was clearly losing ground though, and when it reached the edge of the next rooftop it stopped. It glanced at the jump and it knew that it could not make it, then it gazed contemplatively at the street below before turning to face her, knife in hand. Its stolen face grinned evilly at her as it adopted a simple stance.

"You could just as easily give up," it said, still mimicking the watchman's voice, casting another glance into the street below, almost as if it was waiting for something.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked