Mods - Delete

ETERNAL WAR

IN THIS GAME, POWERFUL BEINGS HAVE SUMMONED ARMIES AS THEIR REPRESENTATIVES TO WAR FOR SUPREMACY.

The field of battle, an entire world.
The prize? Power, knowledge, maybe only survival.
The instructions are fairly simple; I will list them below.

I.) This is a freeform tactical RP. If you cheat by godmoding or metagaming, the universe will scourge your army from existence.

II.) Anything goes. Yes. Anything. Aliens? Sure. Medieval armies? Terrific. Do try to keep the ripoffs to a minimum though please.

III.) This game is loosely based around points. You start off with 25,000. You gain an additional 1000 each page. Armies are loosely divided into:

-Leaders (1000-2000 pts, if they die, they can only be replaced with sufficient plot background to support it, and your army suffers for it).
-Heroes(500-1000 pts, can be replaced, only get 2 at any one time).
-Troops(1-15pts)
-Elites (15-75 pts)
-Ultras (75-500pts)
-Super (2000-3000 pts, and you only get one for the entire game per army)

IV.) You can rejoin if your army is slaughtered. Different concept are requested, no "My heroes didn't die REALLY" reboots, unless under a sufficiently different concept (example: Played human hero, human hero dies, human hero becomes angel in angel army.)

V.) Special abilities run as follows. You do not have to have these numbers (or any, for that matter). Just don't exceed them.

Your army gets 3 special rules that applies to the whole thing.
-Your leader gets 3 abilities.
-Your Heroes get 2 apiece.
-Ultras can have as many as 4, but should be sufficiently limited.
-The Super gets pretty much as many as they want, but please keep it tasteful.
-Other units may have one or two.

VI.) Points matter. Tactics can make a lot of difference, but please realize that in straight-up combat, a 10 point unit will die against a 50 point unit. Units built for a certain purpose do it better than just saying your army does it. If you have units devoted to digging, then they'll dig faster than any army just doing it for RP reasons because you're rp'ing it. This is because you expended points on it.

VII.) Most importantly, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE POSTING, and be very clear about where your troops are and what they are doing. Countless other RPs have been slain by carelessness in this regard, we don't want to be counted among them.

VIII.) The key to winning a PvP fight is to write out your post well and maneuver the fight into a position where the other player cannot realistically avoid the damage. Since you cannot say "I sever his head with my claymore" you instead have to get the fight to a position where you can say "I make a hard swing at his neck", and the only reasonable, realistic response he could make is to say "I get hit." If he can find some way out of it that you didn't think of, that's fair game as long as it's not godmodding or controlling some other player.

IX.) Limit what you have as your "base." While seemingly a good idea, it can be lethal to the game if everyone just stays in their zones building their defenses to ridiculous levels until they become unbeatable. You start off in a dark wasteland/jungle/snow-covered mountain/etc with the other armies in range. The whole point is to cut out the exploration part and begin the mayhem. When you create units, they enter the field as reinforcements.

-----------------

Rules
As DM, my say is final, but I want everyone to have fun and not be lording over everything, so I expect a degree of self-regulation. We need everyone working together. So if you want to incorporate an idea or propose a new rule, let everyone know. We'll discuss the game and post armies here.

1. Make sure to have fun. Don't be a jackass or else I will hate you.
2. For the purpose of this game, the battles themselves are more important than the outcomes. Write in such a way that it would be exciting to the other readers. Be creative, especially with your kills.
3. Try to limit auto-hits. I will allow some but no going overboard.
4. If you have questions about something that I haven't mentioned, ask me.

THE CLOCKWORK BROTHERHOOD

A faction only known to those who happen upon them and live. They are a young faction- golems, constructs, and artifacts whose aim is to enforce the natural order of the universe. Many of these automata are intelligent and can think, learn, and remember. They fight out of an intrinsic, wired-in sense of righteous brutality.

Each member of the Brotherhood is designed to find and punish a particular kind of transgression, hunting down a person or group that has violated a fundamental principle of their code of morality. The machines find the transgressors and mete out appropriate punishment. The sentence is usually death. From its first step, the golem focuses totally on its target. It continues its efforts no matter how cold the trail or difficult the task. The beings are single-minded in pursuit of their quarry, but will leave innocents alone. Accomplices to their prey are fair game, however, and often the only sign of their presence was entire platoons of soldiers found butchered to a man.

Members of the Brotherhood gladly sacrifice themselves to complete a mission, but they aren't suicidal. Faced with an insurmountable situation, they are likely to withdraw and seek a way to even the odds. They are patient but relentless foes. They ally with others if that helps further their goals, but they have a hard time keeping allies for long. And on one more than one occasion the construct's previous allies have come to gruesome ends for the slightest infraction. But on the dangerous worlds of the outer planes, having a merciless engine of destruction at your side can be quite useful... until it decides you're the next target.

The Ascended Morphites

Born of another dimension, the Morphites are spawned from a god seeking to spread his empire. While his actual army is much more powerful, the Morphites are his expidition force and is easily transported to another dimension. They are highly organized, efficient, brutal and vast. Their only issue is that past the regular Morphties, they are very expensive and all reinforcements come from another dimension.

The shapes and sizes of these creatures vary and are seemingly determined soley by the Morphite itself. They can change their entire body structure to suit the job and are themselves able to become a tool for another Morphite if that's what the job orders.

While they are sentient, they are all enslaved by the Dark God's whim and any that break from it are instantly destroyed. Failure is entirely unacceptable, but only on a grand scale. They are willing to take hits even if just to lead an enemy into a trap.

PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF FREE UNDERWORLD

Look around you, people! Listen to your neighbors! They cry out to their ancestors, they claim the world was fair in Durin's Day! Now listen to them further, they cry out that Durin's return is nigh! But these cries have sounded for thousands of years, and still there is no sign of Durin's return! I say unto thee, Durin will not return! Perhaps Durin never was! If we wish to make the world as fair as it was in the legends of Durin's Day, we must make it so ourselves! We must join together!

This will not come easy! We will all have to make sacrifices to create our new world! Yes, your may work bitter hundred hour weeks until you die under the whip of your drivers! Yes, you may subsist on only cram and water for your entire life! But your labor, your blood, sweat, and most of all, your tears go to sustain the great march of our civilization! Soon all will kneel before the strength of the Free Underworld! All hail Glorious People's Republic! All hail the Revolution! Down with the intellectuals! Down with the bourgeoisie! Up with the common man! Glory to the workers!

Work is life!

The world has abandoned us! We fight alone against insidious enemies, enemies who would destroy the Republic, who would have our nation crumble from within! But we are the children of the stone! We are mighty, we are invincible! Know that all who face us will suffer our wrath! We will not surrender, we will not stop until we crush their skulls and use them to feed our furnaces! The march to victory begins today! Join us, and lay them low with fire and axe! Join us, and join in the spoils of victory!

The People's Democratic Republic of Free Underworld is an authoritarian, dictatorial state of Dwarfkind under the leadership and sole dominance of Glorious People's First Citizen Magnus Steel. The state has brainwashed the population into absolute loyalty. Tactically they favor a combination of incredibly heavy weaponry supported by massive numbers of poorly trained, poorly equipped troops. Their war strategy is defensively inclined, using their natural skills at engineering to prepare deadly traps, redoubts, and other situations that naturally favor the Dwarves against their enemies.

Asclepion:
OH God Yes...

Just a few questions:
Will terrain/weather be heavily factored into who wins a battle?
(Sorry if this sounds stupid) Do we have a starting army or will there be some time spent gathering strength?
Even if we aren't fighting can we build up the army even if we haven't battled yet?
Over the course of the RP will there be the option to slightly upgrade certain parts of your army?
Is there an option for diplomacy(within reason of course) or is this just staby staby the entire way through?

I'm very much interested in this Asc. Once again you've caught me in your net.

United Murinae Peoples

Though this race seems almost laughable in comparison to others, these 4 inch tall (not counting tails) sapient rodents have formed a large complex society. While individually they are weak their shear survival capacity, high numbers, and strong organization has allowed them to survive every great catastrophe that has come their way. With the steady advancement of Mus technology they are even able to now confront larger entities on a (relatively) open bases. Mus peoples use their small size to their advantage to hide and escape with near impunity as well as their sheer numbers to overwhelm their enemies. Mus society is an incredibly complex system of interpersonal relationships tieing together a flexible and highly localized government system that is practically unique to every group of Mus.

League of the Zodiac

An organization built on the principles of split and destroy, whether the enemy be science, or something of a more humanoid shape. Originally simply a group of thirteen scientists, engineers, and the like, it has grown into a major military contractor, to a force supplying their own mercenaries, finally into a semi-dimensional wide military power. After conquering their own universe, they have bridged the gap to a new place to expand their empire.

Their weapons are powerful, and although they are few in number, they know their weaknesses, and are experts in guerrilla and skirmish warfare. Each of them serves a specific purpose, and can do this purpose better than most in the known universe. They do not stay in one place long, or travel as large groups, but small groups of fifty or less across a wide space, so as to attract little attention if any.

Each of their warriors seal themselves into their battle suits, and are completely covered from head to toe, though still able to breathe and

Still presumably led by the original thirteen founders of the League, each has taken upon themselves an aspect of the Zodiac, the thirteenth and assumed leader, Zodiac, being the strongest of them. He/she has not been seen outside the Elliptic Palace in nearly a century.

I'd like to reserve a spot. I'll ask though, is there anyway we could have an official map of the world we're fighting on? I think it would go a long way to prevent confusion based on where people and armies are.

Thanks everyone for your interest. However, something came up and I have to cancel. My sincerest apologies.

Asclepion:
Thanks everyone for your interest. However, something came up and I have to cancel. My sincerest apologies.

In that case, why doesn't someone else GM? I could use my army as a plot device and considering they are bugfuck evil and should never win anything ever, I would be willing to let them get beaten by someone. Would you be willing to be a player and give me the rundown on what you wanted to accomplish? This sounds like it could be fun.

drmigit2:

Asclepion:

In that case, why doesn't someone else GM? I could use my army as a plot device and considering they are bugfuck evil and should never win anything ever, I would be willing to let them get beaten by someone. Would you be willing to be a player and give me the rundown on what you wanted to accomplish? This sounds like it could be fun.

I second that motion. This is too awesome to pass up and I haven't even posted my army yet :(

I agree and would be happy to co-Gm if my serves are nessecary.

Make sure you guys save your posts, Iron actually brought up a good point that we may have to re-make the thread.

Wait, could I get a spot in the game/new thread? I'm drudging through ideas for grunts and core units, but my interest definitely exists.

So who's actually going to start the new thread?

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

I will get it up ASAP. Everyone has skype right?

drmigit2:

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

Yes (I do), but is this a recruitment thread or a game thread?

deathbydeath:

drmigit2:

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

Yes (I do), but is this a recruitment thread or a game thread?

Recruitment. I am not sure how many of us will be staying to the next thread.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked