Interregnum (Elder Scrolls RP recruitment thread)

2nd Era, 582
The RP takes place just before Elder Scrolls online, there's some additional info here:
http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/game-guide

The group is currently in a desert in the middle of Elsweyr, and sheets there is still room for more sheets.

The character sheet will be as follows:
Name & Gender: , Male/Female

Race:

Age (optional):

Appearance:

Weapons/Magic/Equipment:

Personal history:

Alright, here are the existing members of the team:

I will NOT be accepting unfinished sheets though, so if you post an unfinished one be sure to fill it in later.

EDIT: Also keep in mind when writing up a sheet I'd like to point out that your character shouldn't be as strong as they are in any of the TES games' In this your character is a mercenary and shouldn't be able to take on entire groups of enemies on his/ her own.

TheDoctor455:

Alright, a few things are in order here, first of all, the character's backstory will need to be edited a bit, this is set in the Second Era, year 572, a good 1000 years before Skyrim. For more info on the time aside from the summary at the top here:
so you should probably change that.
Then the bit with the Shivering Isles isn't bad. Might I recommend that you left because of Jyggalag? He pops up at the end of each era to try and take it back, maybe your vampire was there for it?

Lastly, your character is quite overpowered compared to others in the group. I mean I like how you listed his weaknesses but I think he may have one too many abilities, possibly remove Seduction or Command Animal.
It's not that I don't like them but as it is most of the group are mercenaries and your guy is about on par with a TES main character.

I'll make that known above as well, and aside from being a bit OP compared to everyone else and the lore hiccup its a great sheet.

Josh12345:

TheDoctor455:

Alright, a few things are in order here, first of all, the character's backstory will need to be edited a bit, this is set in the Second Era, year 572, a good 1000 years before Skyrim. For more info on the time aside from the summary at the top here:
Then the bit with the Shivering Isles isn't bad. Might I recommend that you left because of Jyggalag? He pops up at the end of each era to try and take it back, maybe your vampire was there for it?

Lastly, your character is quite overpowered compared to others in the group. I mean I like how you listed his weaknesses but I think he may have one too many abilities, possibly remove Seduction or Command Animal.
It's not that I don't like them but as it is most of the group are mercenaries and your guy is about on par with a TES main character.

I'll make that known above as well, and aside from being a bit OP compared to everyone else and the lore hiccup its a great sheet.

Umm... I did mention that... "forces of Order". That's what Jyggalag represented: Order.

As for the rest... fair enough. Not sure if there'd be a real use for seduction or command animal anyway.

The main point of 'seduction' is that its a non-combat ability... and is mainly there for a laugh because its most likely going to make someone much more agreeable, but no more helpful than before. I mainly put it in there as a joke about the character this one is based on. He's a fairly unattractive guy, yet he gets the attention of two very powerful sorceresses who could both kill him in an instant if they felt like it.

And the three special arrows? Those are for only three characters (none of the players, and most likely none of the NPCs you throw at us) Hmm... I think I'll just take those out anyway... mainly there as a reference anyway... serving no practical purpose really.

As for the spells again... they aren't really there to power him up... as much as they are to help him escape or avoid trouble. He's only moderately competent with that bow. Anyway... I'll just change the sheet then... check my first post in a few hours, I'm going to edit it to save double-posting.

EDIT:

Okay, I removed both of the powers you asked me to, and I've also removed Lightning Blast. Skyrim hiccup deleted as well.

TheDoctor455:

Josh12345:

TheDoctor455:

Umm... I did mention that... "forces of Order". That's what Jyggalag represented: Order.

As for the rest... fair enough. Not sure if there'd be a real use for seduction or command animal anyway.

The main point of 'seduction' is that its a non-combat ability... and is mainly there for a laugh because its most likely going to make someone much more agreeable, but no more helpful than before. I mainly put it in there as a joke about the character this one is based on. He's a fairly unattractive guy, yet he gets the attention of two very powerful sorceresses who could both kill him in an instant if they felt like it.

And the three special arrows? Those are for only three characters (none of the players, and most likely none of the NPCs you throw at us) Hmm... I think I'll just take those out anyway... mainly there as a reference anyway... serving no practical purpose really.

As for the spells again... they aren't really there to power him up... as much as they are to help him escape or avoid trouble. He's only moderately competent with that bow. Anyway... I'll just change the sheet then... check my first post in a few hours, I'm going to edit it to save double-posting.

EDIT:

Okay, I removed both of the powers you asked me to, and I've also removed Lightning Blast. Skyrim hiccup deleted as well.

Ok, well thanks for doing that, you can keep those 3 special arrows since they'll probably play into the character somehow but I'd rather avoid users having too many powers. I understand how hard it is to try to even out a vampire, earlier we had someone with a vampire and it was tough for him to work with the rules of it (and you can never really be quite sure which rules affect different users since there are over a dozen different kinds in the official lore)

Josh12345:

TheDoctor455:

Josh12345:

EDIT:

Ok, well thanks for doing that, you can keep those 3 special arrows since they'll probably play into the character somehow but I'd rather avoid users having too many powers. I understand how hard it is to try to even out a vampire, earlier we had someone with a vampire and it was tough for him to work with the rules of it (and you can never really be quite sure which rules affect different users since there are over a dozen different kinds in the official lore)

Fair enough, I was basing my rules off of those found in the Bela Sanguinus Revisited mod for Skyrim (no I don't really know how you're supposed to spell that mouthful)... which used lore from a number of different sources... old folk tales, Dracula (book and the movies), Legacy of Kain series (hence the weakness to water), and some others I think.

As for my reference to 'forces of order', yes, that's what Jygalag represented, but I doubt my character stuck around long enough to find out who was leading those crystalline gits. He was on holiday after all.

Redryhno:

OK, nothing wrong with your character I'm just pointing this out to everyone:
There are breeds of Khajiit: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Khajiit#Sub-species_Notes
About 16 altogether along with The Mane.
Most people pick either the Suthay-Raht like in Morrowind or Cathay in Skyrim, but there is a suprising amount of range in them. For instance Ohmes were in Daggerfall and were like a slightly hairier version of the Wood Elf, the Alfiq are basically magic housecats and the Pahmer walk on all-fours and would be what a sentient talking tiger would be like.

If you don't specify on the Khajiit breed then I'm going to assume you mean the Skyrim version.

EDIT: On your question of Skills, yes by and large we will be using the Skyrim system, but since that may not fit with your character you can use old ones (e.g acrobatics, hand-to-hand) however try to use the updated version if you can, for example Armourer developed into Heavy armour and Light Armour.

Josh12345:
snip

Yeah, I knew there were breeds of Khajiit, but thought that I made it clear he was one of the Suthay-Raht, but looking over it again, I didn't, sorry about that. And I'll just move the ring to being Sneak, don't want to screw it up here, so pickpocket and the others'll just be slightly lower than sneak.

EDIT: Ignore.

Posting here as it's gotten quiet and I figured resurrecting an old thread is probably better than making a copy.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked