'The Pit: Hell Frozen Over' - A Post-Apocalyptic Survival RP (Interest/Recruitment Thread (CLOSED))

Pages PREV 1 2

ProtoChimp:

Fappy:

NinjaDeathSlap:

Edit: I'm mostly looking for characters who have other roles to play than just manual labour, as I don't want the story to get bogged down in that side of it.

I'm thinking that Lucia, having limited medical experience and not being tied to and gangs, would likely work the mines for a few hours a day and bring a long a medical kit to help anyone who has fallen prey to an accident and needs immediate medical assistance.

Edit: She'd probably spend most of her time running a small clinic out of Orphan's "cell".

Should I make another character to even things out since we all seem to look like manual labour?

Like Fappy said, anything that you want to submit to us is welcome, but don't feel that you have to now. Trust me, if your characters had no potential I would have said. :)

NinjaDeathSlap:

Venom 3135:
Could I take a reserve please?

I may be having a brain-fart moment here (been a while since I've been involved in RP), but what do you mean by 'reserve'?

Means I'd have a place reserved so that I could get you a sheet soon, but not right now. Never mind now though, I think I'm gonna be too busy to take part, which is a huge shame because I thought this looked like fun.

Venom 3135:

NinjaDeathSlap:

Venom 3135:
Could I take a reserve please?

I may be having a brain-fart moment here (been a while since I've been involved in RP), but what do you mean by 'reserve'?

Means I'd have a place reserved so that I could get you a sheet soon, but not right now. Never mind now though, I think I'm gonna be too busy to take part, which is a huge shame because I thought this looked like fun.

That's a shame. Mind you, I'm going to re-open recruitment at the end of each arc so even if you can't get involved right now, you may be able to at another time if the RP is still kicking by then.

Here is a (sort of) Warden character to balance the scale.

Viking Incognito:

He's like an evil Morgan Freeman :O

Don't have enough Shawshank Redemption in dis RP!

Viking Incognito:

Do Like!

I think we're almost ready to sort out the user group, before I do that, I'm going to announce here who Fappy and I have decided we want, and what characters we want you to use (If there's a character anyone has made that we don't want to be used at the start, that doesn't necessarily mean we don't like them, just that they might do better being introduced later on in the RP. Once that's done and the User Group is all sorted, I'll close this thread and get started on the RP proper (although we might have to wait a few days, there's another guy interested who can't do anything before the 21st because of exams, it depends on whether we feel we want him right at the beginning or not).

When Arc 1 of the RP is done, we'll have another round of recruiting in the break, where new people will have a chance to join if the wish and any existing members can post any new ideas they've had for characters.

NinjaDeathSlap:
snip

When I came up with Saint, I was trying to make the antithesis of your Warden character Col. Lee. Lee is a devoted military man who wants to wrap an iron fist around the pit, Saint is a shifty con-man looking after himself who is probably making the gang problem worse. They should be quite interesting to see together.

Viking Incognito:

NinjaDeathSlap:
snip

When I came up with Saint, I was trying to make the antithesis of your Warden character Col. Lee. Lee is a devoted military man who wants to wrap an iron fist around the pit, Saint is a shifty con-man looking after himself who is probably making the gang problem worse. They should be quite interesting to see together.

I won't spoil, but I think Saint could have some very interesting experiences in Arc 1.

NinjaDeathSlap:

Viking Incognito:

NinjaDeathSlap:
snip

I won't spoil, but I think Saint could have some very interesting experiences in Arc 1.

I Honestly can't wait to see the inevitable gang drama the increasingly aggressive Impi will cause. Also, when either Bongani or Unathi eventually die, I have a great idea inspired by Zulu history.

Ok everyone, Fappy and I have decided on everything we need to decide, and I'm in the process of setting up the user group for the RP that you will all be receiving invites for shortly. As of now, recruitment is closed until the end of Arc 1 in the RP. Anyone who may still want to participate in the RP is welcome to still post characters in this thread, but even if they are accepted they won't be able to be introduced into the RP until the beginning of Arc 2.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked