Aether Shanties: A Steampunk Airship RP - Recruitment Thread

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Aether Shanties
Pirates (and Pirate-Hunters) in the Sky

"I hope I loaded my gun; I know I'm loaded with rum
My fear is low but I ought to know that the world is full of scum
"

Intro
The year is 2150. The world is a wilderness, where man-eating sabre-tooths and giant lions prowl. Emperor Victor III follows in his father's footsteps and rules the world from the palace in Yellowstone Park. The Neovictorians huddle in their grim, overcrowded cities, kept in check by police automata, and living in fear of the Change Cage. Outside the city walls, the free peoples dwell - the nomadic Neobedouin in their gaudy caravans, pulled by steam-trucks and mastodons; and the Skyfolk, floating high above it all in their flying cities. But the most free people of them all - risking the guns of the Imperial Air Navy for the chance of plunder - are the Airship Pirates!

Cultures
There are three main cultures in the North America of 2150 - the Neobedouin, the Neovictorians and the Skyfolk. No doubt there are other cultures hidden away in remote places, and there are, of course, countless other cultures in other continents and time periods, but these are the three from which characters come in this RP. There are also a couple of "subcultures", both of which arise within Neovictorian society - the automata and the misbegotten.

Equipment
The technology of the world is post-apocalyptic and steampunk. There's a few pages on what kind of technology and weapons that exist, in the book, but as long as you keep the setting in mind when making a character and chosing their equipment, I will probably accept it. Different cultures would have different kind of technology available to them.

Character Sheet

Airships
In 2150, airships rule supreme. In a world where the ground is dangerous, space for runways at a premium and factories almost non-existent, airships - which can be largely hand-crafted and are relatively easy to repair - are the vehicle of choice. Most airships conform to the same pattern - a ship-like wooden hull strung beneath a streamlined cylindrical gasbag. Some of the bigger airships have rigid hulls, but most are blimps, their gas-bags kept in shape by gas pressure. Most have individual gas cells within, so that a puncture does not lead to the loss of all lifting gas, and many have outer skins made of Calgorite, a rubber-like material which is "self-sealing", naturally expanding and bonding together to close small punctures such as those caused by bullets. Most airships are lifted by helium, much safer than inflammable hydrogen (though the latter is cheaper). They are usually propelled by either steam engines (fueled with easily obtainable wood or more expensive but more efficient coal), or by diesel or gasoline engines. Many augment their engines with sails, extending their range as long as the winds are blowing in the right direction. Some of the more experimental ships augment their lift with steam and/or hot smoke from steam engines, or hot exhaust fumes from diesel engines.

Note: There's a lot more information and lore than I've posted here, but I think this should be enough to create a character. This isn't supposed to be a realistic roleplay. Feel free to ask questions.

The Mermaid
The Mermaid is a customized airship of the barracuda class. The barracuda is often used by merchants and traders, its hull can also easily be customized as a heavily armed pirate or privateer ship. It is used by some of the larger pirate and mercenary combines, being able to outmaneuver an IAN frigate and prey on smaller ships. It's got twentyfive large cannons, improved armor, a lightning gun, grappling hook, several standard cabins and a cargo hold. It tries to maintain a cover as a merchant ship, in those ports and cities where pirates aren't welcome. There are 80 pirates in the crew.
(Individuals of all the cultures can be members on this ship.)

The HMS Invincible
The Invincible is representative of the most commonly used patrol ships of the IAN. With better firepower than most pirate ships, and plenty of space for air marines, it is a formidable vessel. It's got forty large cannons, a couple of grappling hooks, a luxurious cabin for the admiral, a few standard cabins and a sick bay. It's got a crew of 150 men.
(It's preferable with Neovictorians, Automatons or Misbegotten on this ship. Unless you can motivate it in a really good way, there won't be skyfolk or neobeduins among the crew.)

Suitable Backgrounds

The Story So Far:

Pirates:

While enjoying some well earned shore leave in a tavern in High Tortuga, the pirate crew of the dread ship Mermaid and its Captain "Winged" Beth came upon a bit of a shock; a second Captain Beth - this one critically injured - entered their bar and placed a map on the pirate's table. With a cryptic warning to "get there first", the second Beth passed from this world. Confused and worried (and also greedy and drunk), they set sail that very evening to the end of the map - high in the east coast arctic.

While making their way to their first major port, they encountered an Imperial Vessel and opened fire. During the skirmish, the first mate - Skulk-Hound Sheska - was severely injured by an officer of the opposing crew. Many more were injured or killed, but they escaped the firefight.

The Mermaid encountered a second ship during this travel and engaged it; this time more successfully. They captured the prize and sailed it into their first port; Helium City. Here, they are recruiting new blood to replace that lost in their battle with the Imperials.

Current Pirates: (Player - Character - Rank/Job)

Wenseph (Co-GM) - Captain "Winged" Beth - Captain of the Mermaid
Redrhyno - Eddie Cirrus - Cannon Officer
Texas Joker 52 - "Skulk-Hound" Sheska
blaze96 - Dr. Samuel Garland - Ship Medic
Arcanist - Jason Aurora - Ship Engineer
3quency - Isaac Traynor - Ship Navigator
MortifiedPenguin - Hector - Unassigned

Imperials:

While repairs finished aboard the Pirate-hunting Vessel H.M.S. Invincible, the crew was given new - unexpected - orders. The Invincible was ordered to travel far to the north-east arctic to secure a rumored resource of "Imperial Interest". The orders were of the highest grade - signed by the Emperor himself. However, the orders were odd indeed. for a resource so valuable they could not state what it was outright, they sent only one ship, captained and crewed by an unorthodox Imperial crew, captained by the most unorthodox of Imperial Admirals. What was clear in the orders was this: "return with the device, or don't return at all"

Their repairs freshly complete, the Invincible made way to Helium city to pick up their ship's new Engineer. En route, they encountered the Pirate ship "Mermaid" and engaged; as any true Imperial vessel would. The result was a stalemate; with both ships and crews leaving the engagement wounded but kicking.

After arriving in Helium City, the Invincible began its multiple tasks of refueling, resupplying, repairing, upgrading, and re-crewing the vessel. A request for new crew and officers has been sent to the Imperial Embassy in the noted free-trade city.

Current Imperials: (Player - Character - Rank/Job)

hiei82 (Co-GM) - Adriana Victor Elizabeth Lanester - Rear Admiral and Captain of the Invincible
Evrant - Garrett Corvus - Admiral's Bodyguard
3quency - Anastacia "Black Annis" Baker-Cromwell - Second Mate
Terratina - Dr. Vasco Roque - Ship Medic
Wenseph - Wilhelmena - Ship Quartermaster

Noted NPC's

Exeter St John - Firstmate - Temporary
Capricorn - Exeter St John's "pet" Misbegotten - Temporary
Ciel L. Kriebel - Ship Engineer

Starting Location: Helium City

Helium City, it has been said, is the still point of the turning world, the center around which the three cultural "spokes" of North America, the Neobedouin, the Skyloft and the Neovictorians, rotate. Helium City is neutral territory, the only place where all three cultures can meet, in (relative) peace.

History

Long ago, Helium City was known as Amarillo, and sat upon the biggest deposits of helium in the world, on the windy plains of the Texas Panhandle. At the time of the Great Rectification it was not considered important by the Emperor, since he did not have many airships, and its population were rounded up and fed to the beasts early on. Once the Skyloft movement began, the Skyfolk quickly realized the importance of the place. As the Imperial ground forces pulled out of Texas with the introduction of uber-beasts into the area, the Skyfolk seized their chance. The sky city of High Amarillo, largely inhabited by refugees from the original city of the same name, fortified itself with high wooden walls on the outskirts of its platform and landed near the site of the helium mines. From
this position of strength they were able to slowly push the uber-beasts back, expanding the defensive walls outward to include the drilling rigs. It wasn't long before the local Neobedouin tribes began to trade with the city, and airships came from the other sky cities to buy the precious liftgas.

Soon, the city began producing its own currency, the Helios, backed by the wealth of helium upon which the city sat. It was some time before the Emperor realized quite how important Helium City (as it was now calling
itself) had become. As more and more sky cities were built, he began to wish he had an airship fleet, and the key to that was the vast helium resources below the upstart city.

Early in 2101, a massive army set out from Desolation, with the intention of taking Helium City. Guarded by a scant few airships, they marched for weeks across the desolate, beast-filled wilderness. Many soldiers were picked of by sabre-tooths, giant lions, bears and racids, others by Neobedouin who harassed them by night and day. It was a sad and sorry remnant who arrived in Helium City - a remnant far too small to make an attack or mount a siege.

The Neobedouin and Skyfolk expected the President of Helium City to demand the surrender of the remaining soldiers - instead he declared a truce and invited them inside the walls, tended their wounds and offered to open talks with the Neovictorians. Noone is quite sure whether President Miguel Higgins was greedy or far-sighted. Maybe it was a bit of both. He argued that opening Helium City to trade with the Neovictorians would be a way of bettering relations with them and defusing the tensions, though some thought he was really a&er the raw materials that the Neovictorians would use to pay for the helium they wanted and which his city could then sell on to the Skyfolk at a profit. Higgins called in the representatives of the Skyfolk and the Neobedouins and put the proposal to them. Many were unimpressed, but they took the proposals back to their cities and tribes and three months later came back with their answers - they would support the notion of the city as neutral ground they too could see the advantage of access to the products of the Neovictorian mines), but would not respect any truce outside Helium City - particularly if the Emperor used his new airships to attack the Skyfolk. Colonel Jamieson Cheetham-Harris, the leader of the Neovictorian army, who had been living as a guest of the city while waiting for the results of the Free Peoples' deliberations, welcomed the news.

He went further, and had it written into the treaty that the IAN would not attack anyone within 50 miles of Helium City. All three groups signed the Tripartite Agreement. Cheetham-Harris returned to Desolation, where he was immediately flung into the Change Cage on orders of the Emperor; but the
Neovictorians kept their part of the bargain, and have never since tried to attack Helium City.

Melting Pot

You can meet anyone in Helium City. Inside its high stone walls, which enclose an area of five square miles, grizzled Neobedouin outriders rub shoulders with haughty IAN captains and drunken pirates. Undercover Chuno Ggun agents infiltrate seedy bars in search of the fugitive sons of Neovictorian noblemen. Dolls conduct their business along the canalside docks. Bargefolk do eager trade with all and sundry. Thick-skinned misbegotten mercenaries and down-at-heel sailors come here seeking work, filling the doss-houses and inns that cater for any tastes. Escaped slaves from Skyloft cities seek a haven, knowing that if they can live here free for a year and a day, they cannot be reclaimed by their owners. At the heart of the city, where one would normally expect the business district, the tall towers of the gas refineries stand, their steel pipework gleaming in the sunlight and throwing ofg flares of burning methane into the night sky. Over them looms the rectangular slab of the Chase Tower, the shell of a 31-story building left over from before the apocalypse - its windows are gone, its furniture looted, but its stairs are intact, and in the summer months, when trade is at its maximum, dozens of airships can be seen anchored to the ancient structure. The owner of the building, a wily old ex-Neobedouin called Jack Bear, makes a fortune renting moorings to the many traders who visit, with prices inversely proportional to the number of stairs you have to climb to reach your airship. The rest of the city is lower - single-story, sandy-brick buildings with curved surfaces, designed to weather the tornadoes which sweep across the area in spring and autumn. At that time of year, bringing an airship to Helium City is considered foolhardy at best, and probably suicidal. The citizens are a mixture of many creeds and colors. The permanent inhabitants consider themselves honorary Skyfolk, even though most of them have never set foot in an airship. Many are helium miners, many more merchants, traders and brokers, but the majority work in service industries serving (and often fleecing) the visitors who %ood into the city every summer. As well as the people who have grown up in Helium City, there are many from other cultures who came to visit and decided to stay. Whether it be those who have run away from the Change Cage cities, Neobedouin who have traded freedom for safety, or Skyfolk who have given up the high air for the chance to make a fortune, anyone and everyone can find a place here.

Trade City Helium City thrives on trade. In the tornado seasons of spring and autumn, and in the snows of midwinter, it is relatively quiet, but from June to September the size of the population almost doubles as Skyfolk,
Bargefolk, Neobedouin and Neovictorian sailors flood into the city. The peak of the season is mid-July, when representatives of all the Neobedouin tribes on the continent trek to the city for a two week festival of trade, music, dance, marriage and just plain hedonism. The walls become surrounded by Neobedouin encampments and it sometimes seems as if no one sleeps for fourteen days. Airships bob above, anchored to anything available, shining colored lights down onto the revelers below, and the scent of mammoth-steak drifts up into the night air from a thousand cooking pits.

Helium City Today

Almost fifty years have passed since the signing of the Tripartite Agreement, and while there have been minor incidents over the years, it has never been broken. The Emperor used his supplies of helium to build the Imperial Air Navy, but has never managed to use it to conquer the Skylofts, due to their own Declaration of Allegiance Pact. The Neobedouin have probably come off worst from the Agreement, as they bear the brunt of Chuno Ggun and IAN attacks. Even they, however, have not broken away, because trade at Helium City has become too much a part of their culture. The present President of Helium City (chosen by democratic vote of all the citizens) is Jaqui Remmington, a no-nonsense woman in her mid-forties who came up through the ranks of the Union of Helium Drillers and Bottlers. Her plan to tax the obscenely rich helium merchants of the city to pay for the building of hospitals and schools for the less well-off is meeting with some opposition (particularly among the obscenely rich) and there are rumors that an assassin has been paid to get rid of her. Her links with the UHDB mean that she can shut down helium production with a nod and a wink, and she holds this threat over the heads of those who would oppose her idealistic plans.

Reserved for characters: Imperials

Reserved for Characters: Pirates

So wait, what happened here? Did you guys lose players?

drmigit2:

Yes, that's why we're re-opening recruitment.

hiei82:

drmigit2:

I do still have my 2 old sheets. I wouldn't be beyond hopping in I suppose.

drmigit2:

hiei82:

drmigit2:

I do still have my 2 old sheets. I wouldn't be beyond hopping in I suppose.

I'd be happy to see them; just make any changes you want then re-post them here I guess.

One is an imperial and one is a pirate. I don't mind playing either as they would both be fun. Whatever I gotta change is fine. Probably some back story updating for Lanna but I am probably going to be too busy tonight to get it done.

Yeah, I went through three characters and just settled on this one. Tell me if I messed something up.

Edited to include Stowing away.

hiei82:
snip

I like the sound of this. I'm not familiar with the literature this is based on, so tell me if anything I've written is out of place.

Edit: I've quoted you now after I saw your post about wanting to be quoted if we want feedback.

Oh shit! ~13 hours in and someone already gets banned!

In all seriousness, could I just reenter the character I originally entered and hope that you acquired taste in the meantime (bad joke, I apologize).

I never got feedback for him, so I don't know if I need to tweak the sheet or not.

deathbydeath:
Oh shit! ~13 hours in and someone already gets banned!

In all seriousness, could I just reenter the character I originally entered and hope that you acquired taste in the meantime (bad joke, I apologize).

I never got feedback for him, so I don't know if I need to tweak the sheet or not.

Don't see any reason you can't. Most of the characters last go around were good; there was just a limit to how many people could play (Wenseph and I can't keep track of every person who submitted)

In any event:

I will give feedback to anyone who wants it - just quote me so I see the character sheet

and include a note that says you want feedback.

hiei82:
Don't see any reason you can't. Most of the characters last go around were good; there was just a limit to how many people could play (Wenseph and I can't keep track of every person who submitted)

In any event:

I will give feedback to anyone who wants it - just quote me so I see the character sheet

and include a note that says you want feedback.

Okay, will do.

hei82:
Yo dawg, I heard you like quotes, so I put a sheet by yo' quote, so you can take notes while getting a note.

deathbydeath:

Not bad; a few things to say.

1) Might want to expand on the biography to explain how you ended up looking for a new crew in Helium City.

2) Would like to know more about the battle axe; and feel free to include information Drustan doesn't know. I say this so it can be used as a plot device if needed while maintaining the ideas you had in mind for it.

3)If you were thinking about the Imperial side, then you might want to add some reasons for the Imperials to hire you (we are, after all, a bunch of stuck-up, snooty, Victorian era, Englishmen/women ^_^)

4) If you were thinking Pirate side... um... does he know any drinking songs? (he seems rather pirate side already to me so I don't have anything to really add here)

ruedyn:

Yeah, I went through three characters and just settled on this one. Tell me if I messed something up.

I like the character, but I'd like to know how he went from Neobeduin Beast Dancer who wants out of Helium to Imperial Sailor. Did he meet an Imperial Officer who set him on the "Right Path" (@Mermaid_Crew: I know, I know; laugh it up you pirate scum)? Did he see the giant, gilded, Imperial frigates and think "that's where I want to be"? Or is he planning on the more subtle approach - stowing away on the first ship he can find, and he just picked the right/wrong boat? Or of course some other idea.

Otherwise; I like the character a lot (what is it with Steampunk games that brings out the interesting characters?)

NinjaDeathSlap:

Edit: I've quoted you now after I saw your post about wanting to be quoted if we want feedback.

Sadly, quotes don't work that way, but I happened to be looking back so it didn't matter ^_^

I'm on the Imperial side, so take what I say with a grain of salt - Wenseph would, should, and can overrule anything I say on Non-imp characters, but here's my thoughts.

1) God I don't want to run into Zach in a dark alley.

2) Fun character; I feel like he needs a pet parrot to complete and evidence the bird loving (alternatively some other bird)

3) "He is currently in High Tortuga, drinking and brawling, in the hope that he will meet pirate captains come ashore who will be impressed with him and will want him to join their crew." May want to change that to Helium City - that's where the ships are now.

4)Does he want to find his father at all, or is that just some background - I'm not sure from my reading of the character.

5) Aside from being big, gruff, and strong (and apparently joyous), are there any special skills he has? Not a needed change in any way, just might be something interesting to add.

Otherwise; I like him. Still don't want to meet him in a dark alley way but I like him.

drmigit2:

One is an imperial and one is a pirate. I don't mind playing either as they would both be fun. Whatever I gotta change is fine. Probably some back story updating for Lanna but I am probably going to be too busy tonight to get it done.

Okay; since I've reviewed all the other characters, I may as well review yours.

For Horatio:
1) I didn't really follow the first paragraph of the biography; could you elaborate. What was his "epiphany"?, If he was "born to high society" in Everglade, how was he "not new to high society"... I don't follow what you're trying to say.

2) Why is he in Helium City

Otherwise, I like the character and he'd be a good fit (though he might have some overlap with an NPC)

For Lanna:
1) I have no problems with Lanna, though Wenseph overrules me on Pirates. You might want to have her either raised on a different ship which she later left (All baby birds must one day leave the nest). Alternatively, she could have always been on the Mermaid, but was just in the background until now. That's something you will need to work out with Wenseph.

Otherwise; good characters (as always)

hiei82:

NinjaDeathSlap:

Sadly, quotes don't work that way, but I happened to be looking back so it didn't matter ^_^

I'm on the Imperial side, so take what I say with a grain of salt - Wenseph would, should, and can overrule anything I say on Non-imp characters, but here's my thoughts.

2) Fun character; I feel like he needs a pet parrot to complete and evidence the bird loving (alternatively some other bird)

3) "He is currently in High Tortuga, drinking and brawling, in the hope that he will meet pirate captains come ashore who will be impressed with him and will want him to join their crew." May want to change that to Helium City - that's where the ships are now.

4)Does he want to find his father at all, or is that just some background - I'm not sure from my reading of the character.

5) Aside from being big, gruff, and strong (and apparently joyous), are there any special skills he has? Not a needed change in any way, just might be something interesting to add.

Otherwise; I like him. Still don't want to meet him in a dark alley way but I like him.

1) He's not all that aggressive really. He'll rob you blind as soon as look at you, but you have to work pretty hard to really piss him off.

2) I was thinking that when I was making the character sheet, but I left it out because I wasn't sure if it would be allowed. A parrot could also help him by scouting ahead for danger or targets.

3) Will do.

4) Yes, but it's more of a long-term dream than a priority. He wonders where he came from in that regard, and whether or not it could give him any answers as to why he is the way he is, but at the same time he doesn't brood over it, and he accepted some time ago that whoever his father is is long gone, and even if they ever met they wouldn't know each-other.

5) He's more of an agility/marksmanship kind of guy than brute strength. Firstly he is an excellent spotter and tracker. He grew up having to be able to spot threats to the tribe as an outrider, and having to hunt them without becoming the hunted himself. These skills transitioned to the air as well. Give him a good view and he'll spot a ship long before anyone else, and make a snap judgement as to weather it's an enemy, a friend, or a target. When it comes to combat, he's a dead shot with his bow and knives (he can use gunpowder weapons as well, but he prefers bows and knives because they're quieter, more reliable, and faster to fire).

Edit: Made a few edits to my character sheets now, thanks for the feedback! :)

NinjaDeathSlap:

hiei82:

NinjaDeathSlap:

1) He's not all that aggressive really. He'll rob you blind as soon as look at you, but you have to work pretty hard to really piss him off.

2) I was thinking that when I was making the character sheet, but I left it out because I wasn't sure if it would be allowed. A parrot could also help him by scouting ahead for danger or targets.

3) Will do.

4) Yes, but it's more of a long-term dream than a priority. He wonders where he came from in that regard, and whether or not it could give him any answers as to why he is the way he is, but at the same time he doesn't brood over it, and he accepted some time ago that whoever his father is is long gone, and even if they ever met they wouldn't know each-other.

5) He's more of an agility/marksmanship kind of guy than brute strength. Firstly he is an excellent spotter and tracker. He grew up having to be able to spot threats to the tribe as an outrider, and having to hunt them without becoming the hunted himself. These skills transitioned to the air as well. Give him a good view and he'll spot a ship long before anyone else, and make a snap judgement as to weather it's an enemy, a friend, or a target. When it comes to combat, he's a dead shot with his bow and knives (he can use gunpowder weapons as well, but he prefers bows and knives because they're quieter, more reliable, and faster to fire).

Edit: Made a few edits to my character sheets now, thanks for the feedback! :)

And thank you for the edits. I had to dig deep into the character to find anything to give feedback on, so you shouldn't worry too much - though still change anything Wenseph may ask for; she's in charge of the pirates and I do not speak for her.

Still writing.

Ooh, interesting. I'll whip up a sheet once I get home :)

hiei82:
1) Might want to expand on the biography to explain how you ended up looking for a new crew in Helium City.

2) Would like to know more about the battle axe; and feel free to include information Drustan doesn't know. I say this so it can be used as a plot device if needed while maintaining the ideas you had in mind for it.

3)If you were thinking about the Imperial side, then you might want to add some reasons for the Imperials to hire you (we are, after all, a bunch of stuck-up, snooty, Victorian era, Englishmen/women ^_^)

4) If you were thinking Pirate side... um... does he know any drinking songs? (he seems rather pirate side already to me so I don't have anything to really add here)

1) Added a sentence at the end.

2) I didn't intend for D'teth to be a Chekov's Gun, but I expanded on the axe in vague ways.

3) Discussed in the new addition.

4) He doesn't care to learn any drinking songs, as he usually starts swilling alcohol as soon as possible instead of singing about it. When he's all nice and blasted he sometimes tries to sing, but those are events people generally try and forget about.

hiei82:
MOOOO!

Here's my sheet. Feedback will be most appreciated.

Here is my sheet, commentary and suggestions are always welcomed.

Asclepion:

I like the characters, though I personally prefer Arrepoth.

I'm sorry to say I have nothing I can add to them or suggest - these characters are pirate misbegotten and mutated to the extreme. I don't know how much mutation is possible - that's up to Wenseph to decided.

Cybele:

hiei82:
MOOOO!

Here's my sheet. Feedback will be most appreciated.

Okay; lets see here.

1) It's an interesting idea and I like it. DISCLAIMER: Wenseph overrules me on all Pirate ship characters.
2) I'd like to know how he went from apprenticing under a gunsmith to in helium city looking for work on a pirate ship. Please elaborate.
3) I'm worried that the deafness will come back to haunt your character in the end (lack of hearing causes him to miss an order... on a pirate ship... ouch). Even with lip reading it could be odd. Still, this is a question for Wenseph

I think that's it. Good character

Floris2123:

Here is my sheet, commentary and suggestions are always welcomed.

Why do I like every character you make? and where do you find all these perfect pictures for them...

I don't have much to say honestly; I really like this character. My only concern might be that he's a skyfolk; a people who don't just walk into Imperial recruitment offices and sign up to be marines. That would be something like a Frenchman walking into a British Army recruitment facility during the hundred year war - not unheard of but a rare. Maybe explain what happened between 9 years old and 17 years old that made him want to join the Empire.

Other then that; I'm totally fine with this. (and a touch scared at how many good characters exist in this thread... seriously; Steampunk brings out the escapist's best)

---

hiei82:
(and a touch scared at how many good characters exist in this thread... seriously; Steampunk brings out the escapist's best)

I notice inventors and gadgeteers are also in abundance. I just don't understand why nobody else wants to be the guy who punches things, what's so great about being the smart one?!

ruedyn:

hiei82:
(and a touch scared at how many good characters exist in this thread... seriously; Steampunk brings out the escapist's best)

I notice inventors and gadgeteers are also in abundance. I just don't understand why nobody else wants to be the guy who punches things, what's so great about being the smart one?!

Why punch things when you could blow them up in a very elaborate and possibly ridiculous way?

hiei82:

Okay; lets see here.

1) It's an interesting idea and I like it. DISCLAIMER: Wenseph overrules me on all Pirate ship characters.
2) I'd like to know how he went from apprenticing under a gunsmith to in helium city looking for work on a pirate ship. Please elaborate.
3) I'm worried that the deafness will come back to haunt your character in the end (lack of hearing causes him to miss an order... on a pirate ship... ouch). Even with lip reading it could be odd. Still, this is a question for Wenseph

I think that's it. Good character

1) Noted.

2) Edited the sheet accordingly.

3) I'm well aware of the fact and hope it will lead to some interesting and/or funny situations.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here