Aether Shanties: A Steampunk Airship RP - Recruitment Thread

Pages PREV 1 2

ruedyn:

hiei82:
(and a touch scared at how many good characters exist in this thread... seriously; Steampunk brings out the escapist's best)

I notice inventors and gadgeteers are also in abundance. I just don't understand why nobody else wants to be the guy who punches things, what's so great about being the smart one?!

Drustan Cynwrig, yo.

hiei82: Is there any feedback I should be aware of?

hiei82:

Why do I like every character you make? and where do you find all these perfect pictures for them...

Well great minds do think alike. I guess the same goes for RP'ers, since I also always like your characters. :)

I don't have much to say honestly; I really like this character. My only concern might be that he's a skyfolk; a people who don't just walk into Imperial recruitment offices and sign up to be marines. That would be something like a Frenchman walking into a British Army recruitment facility during the hundred year war - not unheard of but a rare. Maybe explain what happened between 9 years old and 17 years old that made him want to join the Empire.

I have changed the bio, I hope it is acceptable now. :D

deathbydeath:

ruedyn:

hiei82:
(and a touch scared at how many good characters exist in this thread... seriously; Steampunk brings out the escapist's best)

I notice inventors and gadgeteers are also in abundance. I just don't understand why nobody else wants to be the guy who punches things, what's so great about being the smart one?!

Drustan Cynwrig, yo.

hiei82: Is there any feedback I should be aware of?

Not on my end

Floris2123:

hiei82:

Why do I like every character you make? and where do you find all these perfect pictures for them...

Well great minds do think alike. I guess the same goes for RP'ers, since I also always like your characters. :)

I don't have much to say honestly; I really like this character. My only concern might be that he's a skyfolk; a people who don't just walk into Imperial recruitment offices and sign up to be marines. That would be something like a Frenchman walking into a British Army recruitment facility during the hundred year war - not unheard of but a rare. Maybe explain what happened between 9 years old and 17 years old that made him want to join the Empire.

I have changed the bio, I hope it is acceptable now. :D

Works for me

hiei82:
snip

Do you know how long it might be before we hear if we're in or not?

NinjaDeathSlap:

hiei82:
snip

Do you know how long it might be before we hear if we're in or not?

I'm going to give it through Saturday, just to give any weekend people a chance to submit.

Therefore, some time sunday I should make the decision on the Imperials. It's up to Wenseph on the pirates I guess.

hiei82:

deathbydeath:
Is there any feedback I should be aware of?

Not on my end

I am sincerely hoping that is a "Sure, deathbydeath, we accept your character into this RP, with Drustan sailing upon the Invincible."

I'll just wait until Sunday, then, with hope and gleeful anticipation.

hiei82:
snip

So, can you okay us to go post in the thread, or are we waiting for a grand re-opening? Because I want to start punching nerds the adventures of the Mongoose....

Although, I am curious as to how Beast Dancing works as a form of fighting. And if I could do a rewrite where James is an automaton named Mongoose >_>

ruedyn:

hiei82:
snip

So, can you okay us to go post in the thread, or are we waiting for a grand re-opening? Because I want to start punching nerds the adventures of the Mongoose....

Although, I am curious as to how Beast Dancing works as a form of fighting. And if I could do a rewrite where James is an automaton named Mongoose >_>

No one has been accepted yet so no posting in the game thread yet.

Can james be a mongoose dog? (Hopes someone gets that joke)

hiei82:

ruedyn:

hiei82:
snip

Over my head completely, unfortunately. Though, how does the most graceful form of face punching work in this RP, or is that up to me to come up with?

ruedyn:

hiei82:

ruedyn:

Over my head completely, unfortunately. Though, how does the most graceful form of face punching work in this RP, or is that up to me to come up with?

All I know is what it said about beast dancers (that was a post originally made by Wenseph that I copied into this thread). That means:

1) You're graceful
and
2) Arm-Blades,

Claws,

and Fistycuffs

are your weapons of choice.

Otherwise, I think its up to you what the exact style is

P.s. There are two other definition for arm-blades:

This

or This

Which version of "Arm-Blade" you use is up to you I guess.

hiei82:
snip

Is it ok if Zach, though while not a Beast Dancer himself, has learned their craft? I don't want to make him too OP, and I'll stress that he still prefers ranged combat to close quarters, but I just think it would make sense. He would have grown up with Beast Dancers after all, and being an Outrider he'd want to give himself and possible advantage available to him against any threat he might encounter. That's not to say he could win in a close quarters fight with an actual Beast Dancer, but he could hold his own against most other opponents.

NinjaDeathSlap:

hiei82:
snip

Is it ok if Zach, though while not a Beast Dancer himself, has learned their craft? I don't want to make him too OP, and I'll stress that he still prefers ranged combat to close quarters, but I just think it would make sense. He would have grown up with Beast Dancers after all, and being an Outrider he'd want to give himself and possible advantage available to him against any threat he might encounter. That's not to say he could win in a close quarters fight with an actual Beast Dancer, but he could hold his own against most other opponents.

Hm... he might know how to fight, but I doubt he knows Beast Dancing. My feeling on it is that Beast Dancing is something that takes years of practice to learn and longer to master. While he might be able to hold his own in melee, I doubt he could standup to someone who's a trained beast dancer

At least that's how I think.

hiei82:

NinjaDeathSlap:

hiei82:
snip

Hm... he might know how to fight, but I doubt he knows Beast Dancing. My feeling on it is that Beast Dancing is something that takes years of practice to learn and longer to master. While he might be able to hold his own in melee, I doubt he could standup to someone who's a trained beast dancer

At least that's how I think.

Sure, that fine. Just wanted to make sure. :)

hiei82:

I am aware there is another character by the name of Isaac but i'd apreciate being able to keep the name allthough i'll change if required. The rest will be done later today if not tomorrow. Would apreciate any feedback.

Yo, I dunno if this is relevant, but I'm gonna be leaving for the weekend, but I should be back Sunday afternoon (EST). When I do get back, I better have a message saying that Drustan got accepted...

hiei82:
snip

Yeah, James isn't near hardcore enough for the last option, though if he loses his arm to the pirates, he will only become stronger. Good thing to know...

NinjaDeathSlap:
snip

I'd offer training from James, but we started on opposing ships. Alas, I must make you swallow your teeth.

ruedyn:

hiei82:
snip

Yeah, James isn't near hardcore enough for the last option, though if he loses his arm to the pirates, he will only become stronger. Good thing to know...

NinjaDeathSlap:
snip

I'd offer training from James, but we started on opposing ships. Alas, I must make you swallow your teeth.

That would require getting within arms reach of Zach without getting an arrow threaded though you eye. Many have tried. :P

Edit: If it's the sort of thing that requires years of training, as well as mastery of any kind of spiritual malarkey, Zach's really not got the right sort of temperament for it anyway.

NinjaDeathSlap:
That would require getting within arms reach of Zach without getting an arrow threaded though you eye. Many have tried. :P

And this one will succeed, because he is the goddamn mongoose. Though, he might end up switching sides depending on how the imps treat a stowaway.

I updated the bios on Horatio and Lanna. Horatio has now been fired off of his old ship for destroying it and is now reassigned, and Lanna went off for a little bit to gather parts.

Would it be possible for me to have a Misbegotten character from a noble background?

Rogue Trooper:
Would it be possible for me to have a Misbegotten character from a noble background?

Yes, though they would likely not be liked by anyone in the upper class (parents included)

hiei82:

He probably comes across as a tad sociopathic but i am hoping for him to develop as the game progresses, and come to terms with becoming the monster that his mother always feared he might turn into.
Also cleared it with Texas Joker 52

Hope this is acceptable

So heres my man. I hope, if chosen to preform my duty that I shall do my utmost to do so. Bastian may only have an 'advisory role'. But ones input of his position shall be of great value to the Captain.
Feedback is welcomed and quite necessary. Please review my character and we'll sit down and have a chat as gentlemen.

Accepted Imperial Characters

I will be introducing your characters as soon as I have time to make a post in the game. If you have any particular ways you want your character introduced, either quote me or PM me the idea and I will use it (within reason)

ruedyn:
snip

deathbydeath:
snip

Floris2123:
snip

madox ford:
snip

Accepted Pirate Characters

Accepted Pirates should speak with @Wenseph: about how your characters will be introduced.

NinjaDeathSlap:
snip

Cybele:
snip

To All Others

I wish Wenseph and I could could accept everyone of the characters posted here - they were all so good in so many different ways. Unfortunately, we can only balance so many characters at the same time. Thanks for all the great characters!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked