The New Blades {Skyrim RP Interest Thread}

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

There we are. Bio is done. I didn't want it to get too lengthy, but if you'd like me to elaborate more I will. Also fixed the spell and changed his name slightly.

TheBlueShotgun0:

There we are. Bio is done. I didn't want it to get too lengthy, but if you'd like me to elaborate more I will. Also fixed the spell and changed his name slightly.

It looks good to me! We'll have to see if ruedyn has any problems with it, though.

Although, uh, is he a little bit dense or am I reading too closely?
"Vymar hates vampires. He has been taught since birth that they are evil and unnatural monstrosities" and yet he never suspects that there's a reason his family hates them so much?
It's fine as it is, it just caught my eye and amused me.

TheBlueShotgun0:
snip

I love it, and it saves me the trouble of wiping Dawnstar off the map myself!

Ah, I'm quite sure I remember the both of you from another RP
Hopefully living in New Zealand shouldn't effect my timing too badly, it is the holidays still right now so that shouldn't be an issue, but it could become when uni starts
Anyway, the character sheet:

Will this be done in a group rather than forum? (I find that much more effective for keeping members inclined and knowing what's going on)
and will there be a dice function when it comes to combat and skill use?

Random Fella:
Hopefully living in New Zealand shouldn't effect my timing too badly, it is the holidays still right now so that shouldn't be an issue, but it could become when uni starts
Anyway, the character sheet
Will this be done in a group rather than forum? (I find that much more effective for keeping members inclined and knowing what's going on)

I remember you as good, just a terrible time zone :P

I like the character thus far, though she's a bit young for an elf, pretty much on the line of pedophilia. The control humanoid spell can be used but will be watered down slightly, just because mind control is mind control. I'd say it's more magical suggestion than outright making them your mind slave.

It will be on the Escapist, as using a separate site for one thing can be annoying for some (mostly me). There will also be a skype group and a user group for this, both of which are optional but preferred.

As for combat, one on one will just be whoever writes better, Dragons will be boss battles, and big battles are when we break out our d20's.

ruedyn:

Random Fella:
Anyway, the character sheet

I remember you as good, just a terrible time zone :P

I like the character thus far, though she's a bit young for an elf, pretty much on the line of pedophilia. The control humanoid spell can be used but will be watered down slightly, just because mind control is mind control. I'd say it's more magical suggestion than outright making them your mind slave.

It will be on the Escapist, as using a separate site for one thing can be annoying for some (mostly me). There will also be a skype group and a user group for this, both of which are optional but preferred.

As for combat, one on one will just be whoever writes better, Dragons will be boss battles, and big battles are when we break out our d20's.

By that I meant, in a user group on the escapist website, as having it on a forum thread can make it confusing during long conversations, and people can get lost on what is going on.

Random Fella:

(My apologies, it would appear ruedyn misunderstood the question. It happens.)
We haven't really discussed which type we're using, but both of us have had more experience in forum rps than group rps, so presumably the rp will be in a thread.

While I understand your preference for group rps, both sides have pros and cons. I feel that a group is generally too small to work well, what with it's narrow margins, and so group rps tend to have shorter posts. One line in a thread is 2-3 in a group, and very few people want to take up an entire screen with a single post. In addition, the page numbering system in groups is pretty annoying to me.
So basically, it comes down to the fact that neither of us have had any experience with group rps, playing or gming, and so neither of us are very comfortable attempting one.

If several other players have a preference for group rps, we will certainly consider it, though.

Also, good to see you again!

SamtheDeathclaw:

Random Fella:

(My apologies, it would appear ruedyn misunderstood the question. It happens.)
We haven't really discussed which type we're using, but both of us have had more experience in forum rps than group rps, so presumably the rp will be in a thread.

While I understand your preference for group rps, both sides have pros and cons. I feel that a group is generally too small to work well, what with it's narrow margins, and so group rps tend to have shorter posts. One line in a thread is 2-3 in a group, and very few people want to take up an entire screen with a single post. In addition, the page numbering system in groups is pretty annoying to me.
So basically, it comes down to the fact that neither of us have had any experience with group rps, playing or gming, and so neither of us are very comfortable attempting one.

If several other players have a preference for group rps, we will certainly consider it, though.

Also, good to see you again!

Understandable, and good to see you too
I finished the bio, so the full sheet is there now, tell me if you have any problems or queries on it (I tried to shorten the ending due to how long it was going, so I apologise for the length xD)

SamtheDeathclaw:

TheBlueShotgun0:

It looks good to me! We'll have to see if ruedyn has any problems with it, though.

Although, uh, is he a little bit dense or am I reading too closely?
"Vymar hates vampires. He has been taught since birth that they are evil and unnatural monstrosities" and yet he never suspects that there's a reason his family hates them so much?
It's fine as it is, it just caught my eye and amused me.

Well, there is a reason which is explained as apart of the induction ceremony. I just didn't put it in the post because, like I said, I didn't want it to be too wordy.

Random Fella:
snip

Really sorry, but these really need to be fixed. And if I'm wrong about something lore-wise, feel free to tell me! If there is no lore for a specific subject, I made it up for the purpose of this RP. (House Indoril, the exact state of Mournhold's rebuilding efforts, a couple of minor things.)
I do like your character, you've just got a couple of holes we need you to fix.

TheBlueShotgun0:
Well, there is a reason which is explained as apart of the induction ceremony. I just didn't put it in the post because, like I said, I didn't want it to be too wordy.

I meant- oh, it doesn't matter. It was a joke. Don't worry about it.

SamtheDeathclaw:

Random Fella:
snip

Really sorry, but these really need to be fixed. And if I'm wrong about something lore-wise, feel free to tell me! If there is no lore for a specific subject, I made it up for the purpose of this RP. (House Indoril, the exact state of Mournhold's rebuilding efforts, a couple of minor things.)
I do like your character, you've just got a couple of holes we need you to fix.

Yeah, I'm terrible at writing bio's and staying on par with lore, I'll change it

Random Fella:
Yeah, I'm terrible at writing bio's and staying on par with lore, I'll change it

Thank you! It's understandable. The Elder Scrolls has a lot of lore to trawl through. If you want a gm opinion/discussion on something, you can quote us here, or pm us.

It's crazy how much lore there is in these games. I love it.

I think the GM's will remember this guy from before. He's literally my go-to guy for these things! This one has a lot of back-lore for this, so I've get editing at the ready.

SPARTANXIII:
I think the GM's will remember this guy from before. He's literally my go-to guy for these things! This one has a lot of back-lore for this, so I've get editing at the ready.

Crikey, if we get many more ES:I players, we're going to have to call it "The New Blades: In-jokes Edition!"
Nice to see you again, mate.

Anyways.
I haven't read it super duper closely, but it looks fine for the most part. Just a couple of things.
-Interracial marriages result in a baby of the mother's race, with a few traits from the father, not half-breeds. Basically, just semantics, but "Nord, with Imperial blood from his father." or something would be more appropriate.

-I'm not sure about the Ebony armor. It's pushing the limit for armor, I think. He is a smith, I suppose. So I'm not sure. I'll talk to ruedyn about it and see what he says.

And, uh, you kind of need to be recruited into the Blades already. The game will open inside Skyhaven Temple. So just add in meeting a Blade at some point, and a reason for him to have been recruited. This isn't that big of a deal, I think I just never made it clear enough. :|

SamtheDeathclaw:

SPARTANXIII:

Crikey, if we get many more ES:I players, we're going to have to call it "The New Blades: In-jokes Edition!"
Nice to see you again, mate.

Anyways.
I haven't read it super duper closely, but it looks fine for the most part. Just a couple of things.
-Interracial marriages result in a baby of the mother's race, with a few traits from the father, not half-breeds. Basically, just semantics, but "Nord, with Imperial blood from his father." or something would be more appropriate.

-I'm not sure about the Ebony armor. It's pushing the limit for armor, I think. He is a smith, I suppose. So I'm not sure. I'll talk to ruedyn about it and see what he says.

And, uh, you kind of need to be recruited into the Blades already. The game will open inside Skyhaven Temple. So just add in meeting a Blade at some point, and a reason for him to have been recruited. This isn't that big of a deal, I think I just never made it clear enough. :|

I'll change the race stuff the to reflect truly then. As for the armor, I can easily downgrade it to Dwarven if needed, which is my standard for "Blacksmith Starting Armor". I'll change the story as necessary.

SPARTANXIII:
I'll change the race stuff the to reflect truly then. As for the armor, I can easily downgrade it to Dwarven if needed, which is my standard for "Blacksmith Starting Armor". I'll change the story as necessary.

Alright, thank you.
As for the armor, I'm not sure. But that might be for the best. You might want to keep both copies saved on your computer in case rue decides that the Ebony was fine, and you want to change back.

SamtheDeathclaw:

SPARTANXIII:

Alright, thank you.
As for the armor, I'm not sure. But that might be for the best. You might want to keep both copies saved on your computer in case rue decides that the Ebony was fine, and you want to change back.

The Ebony is still in there for now, it's just that, if he says "Look, you can't have Ebony for your gear", I'll just switch the names and make the sword emboss Silver!

SPARTANXIII:
The Ebony is still in there for now, it's just that, if he says "Look, you can't have Ebony for your gear", I'll just switch the names and make the sword emboss Silver!

Alright, works for me. I doubt he'll have too much of a problem with it.

Here's my character sheet, let me know if there is anything I should change, or any suggestions you might have.

SPARTANXIII:

*sniff* But... I was gonna do a guy who started off with super-special Dwarven armor! Ah well, that's fine I guess, as Umbra's really only good at Dwarven stuff for reasons.

deathbydeath:
snip

I think we're waiting on you, and somebody else, then we can start...

no pressure.
>:(

deathbydeath:

SPARTANXIII:

*sniff* But... I was gonna do a guy who started off with super-special Dwarven armor! Ah well, that's fine I guess, as Umbra's really only good at Dwarven stuff for reasons.

Its not decided yet! I could have Dwarven, but its possibly Ebony as well. Unsure as of yet.

ruedyn:

deathbydeath:
snip

no pressure.

I think that someone is me, I have heard nothing today.

ruedyn:

no pressure.

Hey, I haven't had the computer my sheet was on, nor time to write the sheet for 24+ hours, just sayin'.

Anyway, thanks for putting a time estimate on it, as that generally speeds me up.

SPARTANXIII:

ruedyn:

deathbydeath:
snip

no pressure.

I think that someone is me, I have heard nothing today.

Oh, your character is fine, ebony is acceptable, I'm only worried about how much he is carrying. Two sets of heavy armor and various ingots are facking heavy. You can keep it like that, it just drew my eye is all.

deathbydeath:
Hey, I haven't had the computer my sheet was on, nor time to write the sheet for 24+ hours, just sayin'.

Anyway, thanks for putting a time estimate on it, as that generally speeds me up.

Ah, okay. At least the reason is valid. Glad my whipping my monitor and yelling mush is helping.

ruedyn:
Ah, okay. At least the reason is valid. Glad my whipping my monitor and yelling mush is helping.

Speaking of which, here's how shit works:

How many members are you thinking of initially having?

Random Fella:
How many members are you thinking of initially having?

I don't plan on denying entry to any, as we have nine plus the one who hasn't put his sheet up yet and

Belmarc:
This guy.

deathbydeath:

Hm, I guess the way the armor works is acceptable. And I suppose the magic explanation works unless someone were to come up with a better way.

Well, if you're going by games, then the mana reserves of Archmages isn't something that has to be had, since as you get higher in rank with schools, spells cost less to cast, which would mean that it isn't easier because they've got more magicka, but because they know how to find the strongest "winds" of magic around them, and use the least amount for the largest effect.

Then again death might be just talking about his character's way of magic working, in which case disregard everything I just said.

deathbydeath:

ruedyn:

Speaking of which, here's how shit works:

Obviously I'm not a GM so my opinions are largely irrelevant, but a few thoughts occur to me, one exponential is ridiculously powerful, a base multiplier might work better. Maybe even have it as something that he can adjust, from say X2 to X3?

Second I remember a book about enchanting that might back up the shapes thing for enchanting, it was about how dual enchanting works, with a dragon explaining that people only have two hands and eyes, so they can only work at most one effect (one in each hand, envisioned by each eye) into the thing, since all effects need to be imbued simultaneously.

Again these are just my thoughts, and I'm not a gm or anything so feel free to ignore me.

Redryhno:
Well, if you're going by games, then the mana reserves of Archmages isn't something that has to be had, since as you get higher in rank with schools, spells cost less to cast, which would mean that it isn't easier because they've got more magicka, but because they know how to find the strongest "winds" of magic around them, and use the least amount for the largest effect.

Then again death might be just talking about his character's way of magic working, in which case disregard everything I just said.

Well it might be that archmages have learned more efficient shapes to form magic into, if we're using his explanation. Normally I prefer more arcane/eldritch explanations for magic, but his works well enough for a usable description.

Redryhno:

I'm talking about magic in general/Skyrim. The reason I had both was to acknowledge the option of upping magicka (fuck it, I'm now referring to it as mana) reserves on every level up as well as perks/perk trees.

IFS:

Obviously I'm not a GM so my opinions are largely irrelevant, but a few thoughts occur to me, one exponential is ridiculously powerful, a base multiplier might work better. Maybe even have it as something that he can adjust, from say X2 to X3?

Second I remember a book about enchanting that might back up the shapes thing for enchanting, it was about how dual enchanting works, with a dragon explaining that people only have two hands and eyes, so they can only work at most one effect (one in each hand, envisioned by each eye) into the thing, since all effects need to be imbued simultaneously.

Again these are just my thoughts, and I'm not a gm or anything so feel free to ignore me.

Well it might be that archmages have learned more efficient shapes to form magic into, if we're using his explanation. Normally I prefer more arcane/eldritch explanations for magic, but his works well enough for a usable description.

That's what I was thinking of at first, but I like exponential more, as it's closer to the more powerful/more dangerous portion of RPG ability categories.

Also, that enchanting book was what made me make enchanting into "magic for items".

I'm ignoring you.

Yes, you are wrong.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked