The New Blades {Skyrim RP Interest Thread}

Pages PREV 1 2 3

drmigit2:

I'm not a GM, but I'm pretty sure we aren't allowed to have legendary items like Dragon Priest Masks.

Also, a spider summoning super mage seems as awesome as he is creepy.

Son of Songhai:

drmigit2:

I'm not a GM, but I'm pretty sure we aren't allowed to have legendary items like Dragon Priest Masks.

I kept in contact with Ruedyn actually. Since it's the only item worth mentioning for him and not the most powerful of the masks, he said it would be alright. He is just really brittle and has easily exploited weaknesses to balance out his other spells.

Whoops, forgot to post it, thanks for the quote. Sorry the bio is so short but I think it covers his backstory well enough.

Edited.

drmigit2:

Son of Songhai:

drmigit2:

I kept in contact with Ruedyn actually. Since it's the only item worth mentioning for him and not the most powerful of the masks, he said it would be alright. He is just really brittle and has easily exploited weaknesses to balance out his other spells.

I disagree, clearly mine is the most terrifying mage in history! :P

Also I agree the mask seems a bit iffy to me, if the gm is ok with it then whatever but I have to question the sanity of an adventurer that leaves 8 powerful unique magic artifacts just lying around. Besides I wonder if the blades might have a problem with someone wearing the masks of a follower of the dragons. Ah well, as I said if the gms are ok with it then whatever.

deathbydeath:
snip

And now we wait solely on you. This time there is pressure, oh god the pressure. Like, head crushing pressure.

:|

ruedyn:
And now we wait solely on you. This time there is pressure, oh god the pressure. Like, head crushing pressure.

:|

Yeah, especially since I'm in desperate need of sleep, otherwise the hippopotami with Hotline Miami masks will come after me with lubed-up baseball bats. Thanks for the pressure.

IFS:

I disagree, clearly mine is the most terrifying mage in history! :P

Also I agree the mask seems a bit iffy to me, if the gm is ok with it then whatever but I have to question the sanity of an adventurer that leaves 8 powerful unique magic artifacts just lying around. Besides I wonder if the blades might have a problem with someone wearing the masks of a follower of the dragons. Ah well, as I said if the gms are ok with it then whatever.

I call bullshit on you sir! Clearly a Dunmer Telvanni with a heavy Nord background that beats sabre cats to death with his fists and little else is the most terrifying mage of all!

Belmarc:
snip

Looks fine. Maybe add how he met the Blades, since Skyhaven is- for fairly obvious reasons- not exactly public knowledge.

drmigit2:
snip

Same to you, just add how he met the Blades.

IFS:
snip

Looks good to me.

You better accept this, ruedyn, otherwise you'll be on the other side of the anal circumference roll for making me stay up this late.....

Edited.

deathbydeath:
You better accept this, ruedyn, otherwise you'll be on the other side of the anal circumference roll for making me stay up this late.....

I wouldn't say he's weaker than most if he's a blacksmith. Their job mostly centers around banging metal into a shape they like best with a hammer and fire.

I'm also not sure why they accepted him, unless he plans to be Esberns scholarly apprentice?

ruedyn:

deathbydeath:

I wouldn't say he's weaker than most if he's a blacksmith. Their job mostly centers around banging metal into a shape they like best with a hammer and fire.

I'm also not sure why they accepted him, unless he plans to be Esberns scholarly apprentice?

His usage of wards/restoration magics and defiance of the Thalmor, mostly. Also, he's not really a smith. He can perform many basic blacksmithing tasks simply due to his heritage, but he's really only proficient at usage of Dwarven metals.

Arrogancy:
snip

Looks good, except he needs to have met the Blades.

I don't know if this wasn't made clear or what, but it's not like the Blades have a recruiting office. They're still underground and hard to get hold of, though most people know of them. You don't just decide to join, you have to be recruited.

This would ordinarily sound much less harsh but it's been a long day. So sorry. Just add in him running into and impressing a Blade somehow.

deathbydeath:
snip

Well, Dwarven metal is unbelievably dense and strong, despite the game characteristics, it has been called on par with Ebony in various in-game books, though it hasn't ever been able to be duplicated. And besides, anyone that works as a blacksmith for any amount of time is going to be substantially stronger than most people out there.

Redryhno:

deathbydeath:
snip

Well, Dwarven metal is unbelievably dense and strong, despite the game characteristics, it has been called on par with Ebony in various in-game books, though it hasn't ever been able to be duplicated. And besides, anyone that works as a blacksmith for any amount of time is going to be substantially stronger than most people out there.

This. Plus you need to work your way up to dwemer metals in the game, which I think is realistic since a smith wouldn't just jump to the most difficult material without learning how to apply the techniques on easier to work with materials first.

GM Question I just realized: "Can we expand Wards to protect more than just the caster, because otherwise I'd just feel like I'm wasting time."

Also, Umbra has glasses. Not typical eyeglasses, but glasses with dozens of additional swinging lenses mounted on the sides of the frame.

Redryhno:

See my response below, but I'm kinda hoping we could shove this logic in the fridge by using the Dwemer Lexicon and the Ancient Knowledge perk as excuses.

IFS:
This. Plus you need to work your way up to dwemer metals in the game, which I think is realistic since a smith wouldn't just jump to the most difficult material without learning how to apply the techniques on easier to work with materials first.

But he's not a smith, other than the innate Orcish ability his birth granted him. At least, I intended for him to be less of a "manly man smackin' metal around between heating it up to unimaginable degrees and banging at it with hammers", and more of an artisan metalworker whose extensive Dwemer knowledge gives him an unparalleled edge in working with their material.

deathbydeath:

But he's not a smith, other than the innate Orcish ability his birth granted him. At least, I intended for him to be less of a "manly man smackin' metal around between heating it up to unimaginable degrees and banging at it with hammers", and more of an artisan metalworker whose extensive Dwemer knowledge gives him an unparalleled edge in working with their material.

Except I think he still needs to do the former to do the latter, especially if he's making armor out of the stuff. Doesn't necessarily mean that he's any good in a fight, and if you want you could always say he uses magic/potions/enchantments to make himself able to handle the work and even then need frequent breaks or something. If all else fails he could just outsource the heavy work, or something.

Again still not a gm, just trying to make helpful suggestions and observations.

IFS:
Except I think he still needs to do the former to do the latter, especially if he's making armor out of the stuff. Doesn't necessarily mean that he's any good in a fight, and if you want you could always say he uses magic/potions/enchantments to make himself able to handle the work and even then need frequent breaks or something. If all else fails he could just outsource the heavy work, or something.

Again still not a gm, just trying to make helpful suggestions and observations.

I'm considering having him commission a custom suit from a Markarthian smith (Ghorza gra-Bagol), and then carry on with all of his fancy-schmancy improvements and modifications.

SamtheDeathclaw:

Belmarc:
snip

Looks fine. Maybe add how he met the Blades, since Skyhaven is- for fairly obvious reasons- not exactly public knowledge.

drmigit2:
snip

Same to you, just add how he met the Blades.

IFS:
snip

Looks good to me.

Whoops. I was thinking it'd be more like Dawnguard. Yeah that's fine I can do that.

deathbydeath:
snip

You seem to not have understood what I was saying. What I meant when I put that up was that if he's a Dwemer-only Smith, then he's not going to be a little weak guy, he's going to be somewhat strong. Plus just because he's an Orsimer, he's already stronger than most race's average member, despite him being a mage.

As for the Dwemer artisan thing, I honestly don't care, I was simply commenting on the fact that it says he's weaker than most people.

Redryhno:
You seem to not have understood what I was saying. What I meant when I put that up was that if he's a Dwemer-only Smith, then he's not going to be a little weak guy, he's going to be somewhat strong. Plus just because he's an Orsimer, he's already stronger than most race's average member, despite him being a mage.

As for the Dwemer artisan thing, I honestly don't care, I was simply commenting on the fact that it says he's weaker than most people.

Yeah, I kinda got your points all jumbled. I'm actively trying to make him a skinny weakling, because that's what a lot of his "character" stems from. The Dwemer armor is secondary, and largely serves to demonstrate his knowledge and cleverness, because how else is an Orc as thin as a reed able to manipulate such tough metals to such a degree? That's why I'm considering having him commission the base armor from Ghorza.

deathbydeath:
GM Question I just realized: "Can we expand Wards to protect more than just the caster, because otherwise I'd just feel like I'm wasting time."

Also, Umbra has glasses. Not typical eyeglasses, but glasses with dozens of additional swinging lenses mounted on the sides of the frame.

I don't see why not. More magic, more area.
That's fine. Glasses, if I am remembering correctly, are not as young as people think they are.

Arrogancy:
Edited.

Thank you, that's fine.

Belmarc:
Edited.

Good enough. Thank you both for prompt response.

drmigit2:
snip

Ark can't have Morokei.
Not because it's op or anything, but because the Dragonborn never had it, since the College's questline is completely untouched.
To wit:

OP:
The College remains mostly undisturbed, saved a few momentous visits from the Dragonborn.

Not nearly enough to be able to track down Labyrinthian and get the mask.

You can work it out with rue, but I don't see a way for him to have it that doesn't crap all over what we already established and/or the lore.

Now that I have a very minor miscommunication settled with Sam, we feel a dozen is enough to start this RP. So, without further ado;

The thread is closed, Everyone made it! Commence back patting.

If anyone was working on a sheet, PM it for future consideration.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.400178-The-New-Blades-Skyrim-RP-Closed-for-now

Link, for the thread. User group comes later, If you want to be in the skype group, you can gain entry by contacting me at ruedy120. Whether this is an elaborate plan to make more Skype friends, is really up to you to decide.

Alright, ready to submit my shee-

RuedyN:
snip

...image
Alright, nevermind.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password: