Wild Wasteland character pulll! (AGAIN?!)

Yes, again. You know how it is. So, I'm opening the lines for YOU to put together a working Fallout RP profile in accordance with this long-standing thread of crazy wasteland awesome.

DISCLAIMER: Just to be sure, I want you guys to understand that this is gonna be weird and funny Fallout action with tongue-in-cheek humor and such-like that you'd expect from the franchise. Please go in knowing that strange things will happen, by design or by pure randomosity. Thank you.

That said, here is thine profile...

I'm leaving this open for a while. Have fun and be creative.

Here is said sheet. Hopefully I have fixed most of the problems but if ya have a problem don't be afraid to ask me. :D

EDIT/Update.AGAIN 28/02

Okay, after some thinking, I decided to give this a whirl, although the peanut gallery has mixed thoughts on this. Don't pull a David Woon and we'll be fine. You'll get a group invite soon and I - meaning me - will write in your presence into the RP at the next update...which we can discuss privately if you like for intrigue.

How many players do you currently have? As if it's as many as in the OP I don't really know how I'd stand out...

Cool! I'm resubmitting a character I proposed for the original recruitment thread (I got in too late to make the original ensemble.)

Any good?

JokerboyJordan:
How many players do you currently have? As if it's as many as in the OP I don't really know how I'd stand out...

My recent ping informed me that this RP is quite reduced from the 20 it started out with or came close to in other pulls. The prospective player should not worry about population as much as profile content. I know you and I know you to be a good RPer. You would be most welcome here.

maninahat:
Oho! A re-sub!

I think this has possibilities.

FalloutJack:
Okay, after some thinking, I decided to give this a whirl, although the peanut gallery has mixed thoughts on this. Don't pull a David Woon and we'll be fine. You'll get a group invite soon and I - meaning me - will write in your presence into the RP at the next update...which we can discuss privately if you like for intrigue.

I'm guessing that Peanut gallery means the group? XD
Also what is a 'David Woon', I know the guy but what did he do?

For your information, if I'm doing something wrong just tell me in the chat or PM, I'll try to make things cool.
Well I have been RP-ing ever since I joined the escapist. :P

And sorry for not responding sooner, I had a rare event of "Internetshitiselftopieces" where I had to wait two days of no internet and plenty of time to scream at Shao Khan in Mortal kombat. -_-

And I shall send you a PM about my opening/debut.

About posting guidelines, what are the general posting rules for this RP? Is there auto hitting, and are we trusted to dictate how situations turn out? Or do we simply state what we want to happen, and then you post a follow up post telling us if we were successful?

EDIT: will be updating character profile with a character portrait, as soon as I've finished reinstalling FO:NV. EDIT EDIT: oh wait, never mind, apparently FO:NV can't permit the courier to have wrinkles.

Any recommendations or criticisms for my character?

Disasterchild:
You so funny.

Yes, Woon was so bad that in the Pub, I made him explode a thousand times a second...just to get the point across to him that he should stop for the love of god.

maninahat:
Stuff and things.

{1} The general format is "Everybody posts and then I do", meaning there is no post order except that you do stuff and then the GM reacts to it accordingly. Some have taken it a post at a time while others have made several posts for hilarity when interacting with each other. It can, at times, depend upon how much I directly control at the time.

{2} There are situations which I do not bother to control and some I do. The situation depends upon the area and the NPC. For instance, I largely don't care if you happen to blow away a few raiders, rad-creatures, or whatnot if they're unimportant. Random stuff like that appears all the time here and the wasteland somehow has an inexhaustable supply of the damn raiders. However, there are mmore important events and NPCs that you should watch out for that I will LIST for your sake, since you ask.

Thanks for the info.

I have to say I'm enjoying reading through the RP posts. I have a hard time telling which character I like the most, but I think I'm going to go with to go with Abe (and his EDITOR) for sheer originality.

maninahat:
Thanks for the info.

I have to say I'm enjoying reading through the RP posts. I have a hard time telling which character I like the most, but I think I'm going to go with to go with Abe (and his EDITOR) for sheer originality.

How far in are you?
Frank becomes really fun around the time he starts stealing people's vehicles.

Souplex:

maninahat:
Thanks for the info.

How far in are you?
Frank becomes really fun around the time he starts stealing people's vehicles.

Only about page 3. There are a lot of characters, so I keep having to stop and remind me who is who, but luckily the best ones are so idiosyncratic, it takes no time at all.

StormShaun:
Here is said sheet. Hopefully I have fixed most of the problems but if ya have a problem don't be afraid to ask me. :D

EDIT/Update. 18/02

Isn't 22 a bit young for an ex-NCR ranger? Most of the rangers are crack troops, having gained years of training and experience. I don't think I've seen that many under 30 in FO:NV.

maninahat:

Isn't 22 a bit young for an ex-NCR ranger? Most of the rangers are crack troops, having gained years of training and experience. I don't think I've seen that many under 30 in FO:NV.

Well he is a bit of a special case since he was experimented on and such as a baby/child.

I mean the training he gained from his father in his early years helped him in training which probably allowed him to reach Ranger recruit status.

I'm writing his recruitment as a special case.
And he is an Ex-ranger because he saw the same Enclave squad who took down his whole vault and everyone he loved.
So it should be no surprise that he went mad and killed all of them.
Which then led to him being kicked out of the NCR in general... but he still has connections I guess.

Other then that... he's a special case.

TheDoctor455:
Snip

I demand this person be released into my custody at once!

(Yeah, this is fine.)

FalloutJack:

TheDoctor455:
Snip

I demand this person be released into my custody at once!

(Yeah, this is fine.)

Cool, so should I start posting, or was there a certain way you wanted my character to be introduced into the RP?

TheDoctor455:
SHULMPH!

Please do not post yet. The order of operations is that I finish with all prospectives (which is at least ending with the ones Disasterchild is looking into), then membership into the group, and then my GM update to the RP. The RP is where I write you in at a manner which we can totally discuss via PM if you like.

I'm surprised this hasn't had more attention. When this first launched, dozens of people seemed to be throwing character sheets about. Where are they now?

maninahat:
I'm surprised this hasn't had more attention. When this first launched, dozens of people seemed to be throwing character sheets about. Where are they now?

Irritated that I stopped at around two dozen players? I dunno.

Generic NPC 22:
Booga

I accept Sylph...and with that, the polls are closed. All of you should receive invites and then I will write you into our plot. I'd like to apologize for the delays thus far. Stuff happened and I got a case of the busy-ness.

FalloutJack:
Well thanks

"WOOOOOO!!! I'm in! Look out for me!!!" Sylph cheered to herself as she realized that she was dancing around in the wrong place.

"Umm... hello? Anyone out there?"

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked