Supernatural Lifeforms Intelligence Communication & Eradication [Interest Thread]

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Demons. For most people, they are fairy tales, invented to make us brush our teeth and act like good little boys and girls.

That is false.

They have existed longer than we have, though we know so little about them. They come in many shapes in sizes, some sentient, some beast like.

Some good.

Most evil.

We've fought them for so long, yet we are making no progress. Armies have gathered and fallen to fight them. So we've taken to the shadows, killing in secret, holding guerrilla warfare when ever possible. They have beaten us there as well, and we've taken it to the people, inciting mobs, telling anyone who would listen to not trust the horned fucks. They were too entrenched in our government, and we lost there too.

We forged a peace with them, turning them against other beings. The dwarves were first, then the elves. Eventually, due to our ignorance, they defeated the angels.

We're on the menu again. But we're ready!

The church has rebuilt the Templars and the Iscariot, the government has formed sects. to fight the bastards, Mercenary companies are being formed with the fallen races, and the crackpots have taken to the internet, warning us of the war.

And then there's us.

We're a conglomerate, a mix of church, mercs, and military to combat our eternal antagonists. We have the best troops, weapons, and intel we've ever had as a race, and this is our last shot.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the unofficial sequel (Don't worry new people, no need to search for it) to the DICE RP. Despite the OP, this'll be largely horror with some gung-ho action perhaps added in to lighten things up.

The world will be modern day, with Tolkein ripoffs walking around and magic.

The new organization is SLICE, though the name is simply to avoid copywrite. It'll have multiple divisions, each specialized for a specific way to ruin a demons day (don't worry, they deserve it.)

What is the tech level we dealing with? Swords and crossbows or guns and computers?

To add on to Ivingname's Question, if Guns, opinion on having a M500 Magnum Revolver that fires Elemental Effect Rounds? (Fire, Ice, Acid, Blast, ETC.)

Also, might want to add a Gear section onto the sheets.

Not G. Ivingname:
What is the tech level we dealing with? Swords and crossbows or guns and computers?

Modern day, but having a back up is generally a good idea.

Diablo1099:
To add on to Ivingname's Question, if Guns, opinion on having a M500 Magnum Revolver that fires Elemental Effect Rounds? (Fire, Ice, Acid, Blast, ETC.)

I probably should.

Magic could probably do it, but science hasn't. I guess we have dragonsbreath though.

Diablo1099:

As I recall there was at least one character in DICE that had the power to infuse ammo with magic, and given that this is basically a spiritual successor it seems like it'd be fine to me.

IFS:

Diablo1099:

As I recall there was at least one character in DICE that had the power to infuse ammo with magic, and given that this is basically a spiritual successor it seems like it'd be fine to me.

While that would work, I was kinda hoping to be a Normal Human with guns... :/

Diablo1099:

IFS:

Diablo1099:

While that would work, I was kinda hoping to be a Normal Human with guns... :/

Maybe they're enchanted then? DICE was sort of a fantasy kitchen sink so I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you could work in.

IFS:
Maybe they're enchanted then? DICE was sort of a fantasy kitchen sink so I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you could work in.

Eh, just prefer if I could get more of a "Crazy Prepared" character rather then just use magic for everything.

Diablo1099:

IFS:

Eh, just prefer if I could get more of a "Crazy Prepared" character rather then just use magic for everything.

When I mentioned dragons breath, I meant the type of ammo. Science has developed fire bullets. Look it up, it's real!

RuedyN:
When I mentioned dragons breath, I meant the type of ammo. Science has developed fire bullets. Look it up, it's real!

I know, I just liked the idea of being able to (Without magic stuff) shoot rounds with those effects, like in Resident Evil 5.

Diablo1099:

RuedyN:

I know, I just liked the idea of being able to (Without magic stuff) shoot rounds with those effects, like in Resident Evil 5.

So, what's the problem? It exists.

RuedyN:

Diablo1099:

RuedyN:

So, what's the problem? It exists.

I mean for effects OTHER then fire. :P

RuedyN:

This is what I got done so far, Bio should be done by tomorrow.

I played in the original DICE thread for a while... and then dropped out. But I kinda want to try again, preferably with a better character. I didn't like my first one very much. So if I wanna do better than that, I'm gonna need a little time. Can I get a reserve?

Ultraman950:
I played in the original DICE thread for a while... and then dropped out. But I kinda want to try again, preferably with a better character. I didn't like my first one very much. So if I wanna do better than that, I'm gonna need a little time. Can I get a reserve?

Sure ya can, and I remember you :D

Most excellent. I'll try not to storm off this time. :P

So no half-angels, then? If the angels are all gone?

RuedyN:
OP stuff

So, I'm a bit confused bout one thing. Where would characters that rely on magic/powers belong? And where would we write about them on the sheet?

DarkRawen:

RuedyN:
OP stuff

So, I'm a bit confused bout one thing. Where would characters that rely on magic/powers belong? And where would we write about them on the sheet?

Magic belong in D2 or D3, they have a special ability but are standard soldiers.

Put it under gear.

Ultraman950:

Well hopefully not all gone, I'm sure there are some hiding away or retreated that you could use. Or just make up, I remember people added to DICE lore through their characters fairly often. Were it up to me I'd have had the angels retreated back to the heavens, watching the conflict from on high rather than all dead, seeing as angels ought to be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more powerful than demons.

Ultraman950:

Half angels and angels are allowed. Dwarves and Elves as well. They got screwed over, massively, but are around on the endangered species list.

RuedyN:
Half angels and angels are allowed. Dwarves and Elves as well. They got screwed over, massively, but are around on the endangered species list.

Okay, so what about a half-Elf, half-Angel? Would she be allowed to fly, at least short distances, and use magic and maybe a gun?

Giving me options is dangerous. XD

Ultraman950:

RuedyN:

Okay, so what about a half-Elf, half-Angel? Would she be allowed to fly, at least short distances, and use magic and maybe a gun?

While inter-species works, technically, they have MAJOR birth defects. Nephilim get it the worst, but if you want to be a half breed, better make it a bit on the weird side.

Ultraman950:

RuedyN:

Clearly you should have a quarter angel, quarter dwarf and half blue whale. : P

So, here's my sheet, for one of the brothers. IFS' should be up later.

I hope it's okay.

Edit: Added two years of training before joining SLICE, which he did due to his aunt's influence. Should make him less unstable, and more trust-able.

RuedyN:
While inter-species works, technically, they have MAJOR birth defects. Nephilim get it the worst, but if you want to be a half breed, better make it a bit on the weird side.

Hmmm... Maybe not fly, then... She might still have wings, but they'd be too small, or frail or something... Maybe still use them for attack or defense, though...

I still want her to be combat-capable. Maybe she's physically weak, and can't use normal weapons, forcing her to specialize in magic?

Ultraman950:

RuedyN:

Hmmm... Maybe not fly, then... She might still have wings, but they'd be too small, or frail or something... Maybe still use them for attack or defense, though...

I still want her to be combat-capable. Maybe she's physically weak, and can't use normal weapons, forcing her to specialize in magic?

If you want. Other defects include weak heart, albino, being a little person, being an albino little person, sometimes cyclops, weaker heart, etc.

And here is my sheet.

Let me know if there is anything I need to change, or if anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

Ultraman950:

RuedyN:

Might use them to glide? Or only fly short distances? For defects you could always pull an Elric of Melnibone and make up for physical weakness by a reliance on strength boosting magics, potions, and/or cursed soul stealing swords.

IFS:
Might use them to glide? Or only fly short distances? For defects you could always pull an Elric of Melnibone and make up for physical weakness by a reliance on strength boosting magics, potions, and/or cursed soul stealing swords.

That was my initial thought, the gliding. Figured that got shot down.

Now I'm thinkin' she'll be overall physically weak, forcing her to rely on magic for both offence and defense, and the wings could either just be this neat thing she could use to hide herself (maybe she's really shy or self-conscious?), or even a hindrance at times, but able to glide sometimes, for a bit.

If she's albino, she could even use them as shade to protect her skin if she goes outside.

Despite her weaknesses, she'd still be considered at least a D3, maybe a D2 on good days.

What sort of magic are we talkin' about here? Standard fireballs and lightning bolts?

Ultraman950:

IFS:

That was my initial thought, the gliding. Figured that got shot down.

Now I'm thinkin' she'll be overall physically weak, forcing her to rely on magic for both offence and defense, and the wings could either just be this neat thing she could use to hide herself (maybe she's really shy or self-conscious?), or even a hindrance at times, but able to glide sometimes, for a bit.

If she's albino, she could even use them as shade to protect her skin if she goes outside.

Despite her weaknesses, she'd still be considered at least a D3, maybe a D2 on good days.

What sort of magic are we talkin' about here? Standard fireballs and lightning bolts?

Holy fire raining from the heavens? Holy hand grenades? Oooh I know, Demon Summoning! :P

In all seriousness there are a lot of varied depictions of angels, flaming swords that go in all directions, six winged Seraphim, four headed angels etc. Given that I'm guessing you're going for a more human looking angel I'd say holy fire is always fun.

Edit: It should be a fantasy kitchen sink setting if its anything like the original, so just go with whatever you think works/fits.

Are half demons possible? If so How would you feel about metaphysical defects as well like not being able to cross a line of salt and it actually causing slight burns if it comes in contact with him

How's that?

Watch this space, there may be a sheet or two appearing here soon-ish.

Name: malik

Division: D3

Appearance: He stands just over 6'5 despite a deep slouch. His body seems slightly lopsided with his right side being noticeably larger and catering to the demonic nature of his heritage. a almost rash like spotting of deep red scales cover his entire body. a large bat styled wing protrudes from his left shoulder while on the right there is only a stump. he tends to avoid wearing shirts due to this. built like a brick square jawed, heavy of brow and build weighing in at 280 lbs. his legs seem squat despite his height and he trys to hide that with baggy cargo pants. his eyes are two toned brown on the outer iris fading to a crimson closer to the pupil. his hair is long, dark brown and shaggy in an attempt to hide his face.

Gear: revolver,large sledge and a duffel bag filled with some useful tools (wrenchs, screw drivers, screws and the like) he gained increased strength due to his parentage and also a resistance to magic and an increased healing rate. with these he also gained specific problems inherent to his father, salt literally hurts him and he cannot cross a line of it even to the point of being stuck if surrounded by a circle of it. holy water and consecrated ground harm him and he flinches at the mention of god.

Personality: malik has anger issues and is sometimes rash though he trys to control his emotions. he tends to be quiet though when enraged has been known to yell and make a scene. despite this he refuses to strike out in anger. he hates the way others look at him. incredibly self conscious of his fiendish looks. he deeply resents the demons whom he so resembles

Bio: malik is the child of forced relations between a human female and a demon. his mother died at his birth and he has been with SLICE ever since. his childhood was rough with many scuffles with other children due to the hatred of what he was. he found peace in building and repairing machines though he only does so as a hobby. as he grew up he blamed more and more of his mothers death and his resulting hard life on the demons and decided to take it out on their hides. at the first chance he could he started going on campains against the demons and he soon proved his value to others in SLICE.

hopefully that is good.

This looks cool, I'll get to work on the character sheet.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked