Supernatural Lifeforms Intelligence Communication & Eradication [Interest Thread]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

This exploded rather quickly. I'm translating what I wrote up earlier into a proper character sheet, so be prepared for that.

Looks good OP, I'll try and complete a sheet as soon as possible

Cool it's back, i'll submit my sheet by tomorrow.

Edit: Are psionics out of the question? Or can the powers only be arcane?

Anti-American Eagle:

Arcane, rune, glyph, elemental, psionic, it all works. Just have a valid reason he or she'd know how.

Anti-American Eagle:

I sure hope they aren't, considering my character has telekinesis and pyrokinesis.

I guess I'll do critiques then, as I see a few mistakes.

DarkRawen:

SCLICE is looking for soldiers, having a man they have to babysit wouldn't be high on their recruitment list. The war is JUST starting again, they aren't that desperate yet.

Ultraman950:

Good, except SLICE is VERY new. Change the organization, and make a reason they'd want to put her on the super team.

earthreaver:

A few general grammar complaints, and once more with feeling, SLICE is NEW. BRAND NEW. NEW CAR SMELL. THE YOUNG HOTNESS. Whatever phrase or word you want to use.

IFS:
And here is my sheet.

Your character seems more like the kind of person they'd try to recruit. A person who has control of their powers, and can fight and take on weird. I'd switch places with Rawen.

Terratina.:

Hopefully for the final time, SLICE is new, but there are other organizations to put his family in, and SLICE simply recruited him.

Constructive criticisms are welcome.

EDIT: Just noticed the SLICE is new part, correcting some stuff.
EDIT2: Changed some wording, and opinions are welcome again.
EDIT3: Edited some more in...
EDIT4: Took another look at my sheet after almost a week and decided on some changes.
EDIT5: Woke up, didn't like some stuff, changed it again.

Fair enough, we mostly figured SLICE would know about the guy who kinda killed three people in less than a second out in public (if in a dark ally) rather than the guy who rarely uses his powers at all. Besides, you don't have to babysit Will, he's perfectly capable on relying on Lucas on his own :P

DarkRawen:

RuedyN:
Stuff

Fair enough, we mostly figured SLICE would know about the guy who kinda killed three people in less than a second out in public (if in a dark ally) rather than the guy who rarely uses his powers at all. Besides, you don't have to babysit Will, he's perfectly capable on relying on Lucas on his own :P

That's the exact reason they WOULDN'T. Why on earth would anyone want to have a kid who can literally decapitate people ACCIDENTALLY on your team. He sounds like he needs to concentrate on it at all times, or else he'd do the same to any who bully him slightly.

Your joke is noted, but the point remains valid.

RuedyN:
Good, except SLICE is VERY new.

Damn it, I was intending for my character to be an aging veteran. Boo. Could he be a founding member or veteran from a previous war?

RuedyN:
Why on earth would anyone want to have a kid who can literally decapitate people ACCIDENTALLY on your team?

For the purposes of manipulating and controlling a potentially powerful resource from an early, impressionable age, that's why.

RuedyN:

DarkRawen:

RuedyN:
Stuff

That's the exact reason they WOULDN'T. Why on earth would anyone want to have a kid who can literally decapitate people ACCIDENTALLY on your team. He sounds like he needs to concentrate on it at all times, or else he'd do the same to any who bully him slightly.

Your joke is noted, but the point remains valid.

They were pointing a gun at him, thought, trying to make him stress, and most likely going to shoot him after they got the money. :/ It's not like he reacts by killing everyone, and he's fairly calm. He's easily startled, but, at most, what would happen, is him dropping/destroying items he is using telekinesis on, and in most cases he'd hinder this. You are by far underestimating the amount of control he has, else events like the mugger incident would happen all the time, and his parents would be dead.

deathbydeath:

RuedyN:

Damn it, I was intending for my character to be an aging veteran. Boo. Could he be a founding member or veteran from a previous war?

RuedyN:
Why on earth would anyone want to have a kid who can literally decapitate people ACCIDENTALLY on your team?

For the purposes of manipulating and controlling a potentially powerful resource from an early, impressionable age, that's why.

He could've fought on the side of Angels near the end, I suppose. Other than that the last human demon war ended with WW2.

SCLICE isn't really built for the long haul. Humans expect a quick war, as they believe they have better tech and troops. Why would they put Will in the super team?

RuedyN:

deathbydeath:

RuedyN:

RuedyN:

He could've fought on the side of Angels near the end, I suppose. Other than that the last human demon war ended with WW2.

SCLICE isn't really built for the long haul. Humans expect a quick war, as they believe they have better tech and troops. Why would they put Will in the super team?

Because he's a specialized fighter rather than a soldier? Because he has strong enough powers to not need to be physically strong? It was fairly hard to read which of the Divisions one should be in either way.

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it. Still D3, but more stable.

Ooh, WW2 makes this awkward. I was hoping for Lars to be in his fifties, so that he would be past his prime enough to feel it, yet still capable of proper field work. When did the angel war end? Also, could my character be one of the founders/initial members of this new organization?

deathbydeath:
Ooh, WW2 makes this awkward. I was hoping for Lars to be in his fifties, so that he would be past his prime enough to feel it, yet still capable of proper field work. When did the angel war end? Also, could my character be one of the founders/initial members of this new organization?

He could be with the right connections. Iscariot is magic and belongs to the church, Templars are non magical and belong to the church, and the government has several orgs developed to combat supernatural things.

Hmm, awkward again. Lars uses magic, but he's not a caster, think soulknife from D&D if you want an example.

Anyways, here's what I have of my sheet right now; more needs to be determined for the Bio and Division sections. Maybe he earned fame through a series of black ops work during a (relatively) minor campaign against demons, perhaps?

I am open to criticism and suggestions.

Just a quick question.
Magic vise can we pretty much go nuts as long as it isn't OP and can be explained?

Cybele:
Just a quick question.
Magic vise can we pretty much go nuts as long as it isn't OP and can be explained?

That's pretty much how it worked in the original, and I haven't heard any statements by this GM that contradict that.

RuedyN:
-Snip-

Edited.

Editification: Complete.

RuedyN:
Snip

Could you add more about the world to the OP; timeline, some more information, etc?

Then I'll consider writing up a sheet, I don't want to write a character for a world I know little to nothing about.

Here you go

Damn you, Ruedyn! I missed out on taking some very important notes in lecture today, when I was writing this sheet! Curse you, as well as my desire to slay me some demons!

MortifiedPenguin:

RuedyN:
Snip

Could you add more about the world to the OP; timeline, some more information, etc?

Then I'll consider writing up a sheet, I don't want to write a character for a world I know little to nothing about.

I suppose the reason I did that besides laziness, is that I wanted to see what you guys could come up with for the world. SLICE will be all me, but I know you guys are more creative, so yeah.

RuedyN:

MortifiedPenguin:

RuedyN:
Snip

I suppose the reason I did that besides laziness, is that I wanted to see what you guys could come up with for the world. SLICE will be all me, but I know you guys are more creative, so yeah.

Even so, it's obvious from your previous posts that you do have a history of the world thought out already. How am I supposed to work around something I don't know?

MortifiedPenguin:

RuedyN:

MortifiedPenguin:

Even so, it's obvious from your previous posts that you do have a history of the world thought out already. How am I supposed to work around something I don't know?

Damn, making me work :P

Sure, yeah, I'll put in more world info.

Nevermind, I'll PM it instead.

RuedyN:

MortifiedPenguin:

RuedyN:

Damn, making me work :P

Sure, yeah, I'll put in more world info.

Could you also hand me some feedback on my character sheet? Mainly because my progress is stopped until I get some info*, and because between posting the sheet and now, I came up with an idea for another character that I really want to write**.

**and by "write", I mean "try again if you don't like my current one".

EDIT:

RuedyN:
And yes, Vampires glitter here. Unfortunately.

Don't make me punch you.

deathbydeath:

If you can write well enough as to why he was a founder, then yes, you can make him one. No wars or anything, but harassment is a common enough thing to happen. Unfortunately nothing big has happened recently. You can, but I might choose others over you if you do, and I'm likely to accidentally delete your PM.

I'd prefer to save critiques when I see a similar problem repeated, though admittedly that was my fault for not including it into the OP.

EDIT: Yeah, that wasn't a joke. They actually glitter here, but fire will happen if they stay in sunlight for too long.

RuedyN:
If you can write well enough as to why he was a founder, then yes, you can make him one. No wars or anything, but harassment is a common enough thing to happen. Unfortunately nothing big has happened recently. You can, but I might choose others over you if you do, and I'm likely to accidentally delete your PM.

I'd prefer to save critiques when I see a similar problem repeated, though admittedly that was my fault for not including it into the OP.

EDIT: Yeah, that wasn't a joke. They actually glitter here, but fire will happen if they stay in sunlight for too long.

By "big", I meant slightly smaller than the Perian Gulf War, about as long, much more hush-hush, and thirty years ago.

As to PMing, I'll just Chekov's gun it into the game, then.

As to critiques, I'd just like to know if there's anything about my sheet that makes you vomit, so that I can patch it as soon as possible. My feelings tend to get hurt when my sheet is announced to be stupid after the RP begins.

Anyways, it's getting late on Saturn, so I'll have revised editions up tomorrow (for me).

deathbydeath:

RuedyN:

By "big", I meant slightly smaller than the Perian Gulf War, about as long, much more hush-hush, and thirty years ago.

As to PMing, I'll just Chekov's gun it into the game, then.

As to critiques, I'd just like to know if there's anything about my sheet that makes you vomit, so that I can patch it as soon as possible. My feelings tend to get hurt when my sheet is announced to be stupid after the RP begins.

Anyways, it's getting late on Saturn, so I'll have revised editions up tomorrow (for me).

The only thing I ask is that we don't make it comedy. Otherwise it's fine.

Minor thing, as I don't want to world build too much, I was told DICE was good because players did a lot of that, I was hoping perhaps you guys would want to do so here? I'm also more than halfway to deleting this thread and moving on anyways.

You saw my edited character sheet, right?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked