Supernatural Lifeforms Intelligence Communication & Eradication [Interest Thread]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Finished updating my sheet.

Dammit Penguin, I was gonna go with a Greek prophetess if nobody wanted Lars. Admittedly, the character I had in mind was more a mixup of Cassandra and River Tam, but still....

deathbydeath:
Dammit Penguin, I was gonna go with a Greek prophetess if nobody wanted Lars. Admittedly, the character I had in mind was more a mixup of Cassandra and River Tam, but still....

She's not greek, she's scots. So you're in the cleat to make a character know one believes :P

Edit: lol, spell check, you fail sometimes.

MortifiedPenguin:
She's not Greek, she's Scots. So you're in the cleat clear to make a character know one I believes. :P

Edit: lol, spell check, you fail sometimes. Fixed.

I was talking about general character themes when I said "Greek prophetess", but upon closer examination, Medea's not what I thought she was.

Also, moar grammar fixes :P

deathbydeath:

MortifiedPenguin:
She's not Greek, she's Scots. So you're in the cleat clear to make a character know one I believes. :P

Edit: lol, spell check, you fail sometimes. Fixed.

I was talking about general character themes when I said "Greek prophetess", but upon closer examination, Medea's not what I thought she was.

Also, moar grammar fixes :P

*Shrugs*

Thats what I get for typing on my phone.

MortifiedPenguin:
*Shrugs*

*Rebuttal Shrug*

Mine fixes my spelling :P

deathbydeath:

MortifiedPenguin:
*Shrugs*

*Rebuttal Shrug*

Mine fixes my spelling :P

Well it's good to know you're one of those people who gets kicks out of unnecessarily correcting other peoples spelling/grammar.

MortifiedPenguin:
Well it's good to know you're one of those people who gets kicks out of unnecessarily correcting other peoples spelling/grammar.

Hey, a man's got to have a hobby.

deathbydeath:
Postscript: Receiving language and math from demons because of a war makes no sense. Not because of the fact that we didn't even have fire yet, yet could survive the onslaught of shapeshifting super beings who very much desire our destruction, but because language and mathematics are natural, and are products of human need, not a gift granted from a higher power. It's the "monkeys locked in a room with typewriters" idea: lock an immortal, sane person in a room with a writing utensil, and eventually he will single-handedly spawn calculus. Math and language are created, not granted.

They fought Homo-Erectus. That's what I was going for there. Humans basically started off fighting demons, both sides were created roughly around the same time, homo erectus was simply the first ones to use tools, similar to demons, and so they fought them for supremacy. Poor old Erectus didn't have magic, but gained it through Sapien, which is a result of crossbreeding.

And I forgot I put math in there, so I'm just going to say either Leibniz or Leibniz's wig is a demon. Or he simply rediscovered it. Either one really.

The thread will be closing tomorrow due to complications.

Can I suggest a new division structure/changes to the existing one?

deathbydeath:
Can I suggest a new division structure/changes to the existing one?

In game. It's a bit late for that now.

Might as well suggest them over PM though :\

It's nothing too radical, just a series of adjustments.

Are we getting started soon?

Deu Sex:

You mean if we're gonna know who's in and who's out soon? Usually, a starting day is decided after that, from my experience.

DarkRawen:

Deu Sex:

You mean if we're gonna know who's in and who's out soon? Usually, a starting day is decided after that, from my experience.

And that's true enough now.

We're closed

For now at least. I WILL be trying my best to kill those I choose to let in, and those people will know who they are later, after reviewing sheets more.

RuedyN:

We're closed

I'm hoping to Bejeezus you are counting Lars' sheet as "in", because I'm still not finished and I've put too much time into that .txt to have it be killed right out of the gate.

Ultraman950:
Anastasia

DarkRawen:
William Hale

IFS:
Lucas Hale

Terratina.:
Haytham El-Ghazzawy

Pappytech:
Lyra Summers

Anti-American Eagle:
John Smith

Deu Sex:
Johnny H. Ezekiel

MortifiedPenguin:
Medea

deathbydeath:
Lars Eckhart

And these are the few, the proud, the etc. etc. bad commercial reference.

Sorry to the rest that applied, and for the ones who made it, OP should be up tomorrow. In the meantime, Skype and Escapist user group will be made...

deathbydeath:
Snip

The bio you've written is overly long and most if it is just unneeded fluff, yet you only have one short paragraph, in fact it's the shortest section, for the personality and what you have got there is referencing other things, not actually describing what Lars is like.

It doesn't help that his personality doesn't really fit with the bio. Would he really not help others when he's had his friendship with Arthur destroyed because he was unable to save him from his untimely death, in my interpretation he would become overly protective of those he does have bonds with and do anything possible to help them.

And what is the the relevance of him being a grammar nazi?

MortifiedPenguin:
The bio you've written is overly long and most if it is just unneeded fluff, yet you only have one short paragraph, in fact it's the shortest section, for the personality and what you have got there is referencing other things, not actually describing what Lars is like.

It doesn't help that his personality doesn't really fit with the bio. Would he really not help others when he's had his friendship with Arthur destroyed because he was unable to save him from his untimely death, in my interpretation he would become overly protective of those he does have bonds with and do anything possible to help them.

Yeah, I'm not going to claim that this is my best sheet, or even that it's that good (not that I have a metric for measuring RP characters anyway). The idea came to me eleven days ago, and I've been tweaking the ideas without really changing it since. Add to that a school break that was practically filled with work, throwing in the towel at midnight when I've got shit to do in 6-ish hours, losing a cohesive focus on the sheet, and not actually being done (seriously, I've got two more "arcs" to go through in the bio. None of them will be that long, though), so I'm happy to agree that it wasn't that good. I probably just got in because of the sheer size of the text wall. Thanks, RuedyN! /rant, now to properly answer your questions:

MortifiedPenguin:

As said before, I'm not done yet, and that section of the bio wasn't originally in the character I planned. It was just a method of finding a way to introduce Lars into the demonic world that spun into something much larger. If I redo the sheet (which I'm hoping I can find the time to do), it will be shorter, more concise, unintentionally rip off Berserk less, and generally make more sense. Also, the general idea I had was that the whole war in India wasn't as stressful to Lars as one would typically expect a war to be, so it became a violent replacement to the vacation Lars never ended up having. Arthur's death served as a wake-up call to Lars that the war against the demonic was in fact a serious manner, and paving the way for another pivotal "arc" that I think I alluded to in the bio, but never got around to writing.

MortifiedPenguin:

It's just a quirk, like how he's easily irritated by stupidity. Fear not, I actually had that typed up before our conversation a few days ago.

deathbydeath:
Snip

Then why bother posting the sheet that doesn't fully represent your character and isn't even finished when the RP is about to close?

Edit: Also saying any kind of war isn't stressful in any meaningful way to the character is dumb and disrespectful.

deathbydeath:

MortifiedPenguin:

Yeah, I'm not going to claim that this is my best sheet, or even that it's that good (not that I have a metric for measuring RP characters anyway). The idea came to me eleven days ago, and I've been tweaking the ideas without really changing it since. Add to that a school break that was practically filled with work, throwing in the towel at midnight when I've got shit to do in 6-ish hours, losing a cohesive focus on the sheet, and not actually being done (seriously, I've got two more "arcs" to go through in the bio. None of them will be that long, though), so I'm happy to agree that it wasn't that good. I probably just got in because of the sheer size of the text wall. Thanks, RuedyN! /rant, now to properly answer your questions:

MortifiedPenguin:

As said before, I'm not done yet, and that section of the bio wasn't originally in the character I planned. It was just a method of finding a way to introduce Lars into the demonic world that spun into something much larger. If I redo the sheet (which I'm hoping I can find the time to do), it will be shorter, more concise, unintentionally rip off Berserk less, and generally make more sense. Also, the general idea I had was that the whole war in India wasn't as stressful to Lars as one would typically expect a war to be, so it became a violent replacement to the vacation Lars never ended up having. Arthur's death served as a wake-up call to Lars that the war against the demonic was in fact a serious manner, and paving the way for another pivotal "arc" that I think I alluded to in the bio, but never got around to writing.

MortifiedPenguin:

It's just a quirk, like how he's easily irritated by stupidity. Fear not, I actually had that typed up before our conversation a few days ago.

I don't think you got what she meant, completely. Well, either way:

1. You could have written the bio shorter if there was a problem with length.

2. The bio really doesn't match the personality. If there's a third and a fourth part not yet written, I doubt any of us would mind reading it. That is, of course, if it is relevant and explains stuff.

3. I'd say that the wording of the part of your argument with the war makes it seem disrespectful to those who has experienced such, even if that wasn't the intention.

4. If we all had written down quirks, I'd have a long list to add to the personality. It's still not relevant, as you show those through RPing. Saying he has a tendency to nitpick would be better, if still not necessary.

I've pulled the original sheet due to overwhelming demand, and have decided to spoiler my post due to length and because I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Yo.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked