Today’s Monopoly GO Events, Tournaments, & FAQs

Mr Moneybags in Monopoly GO

Monopoly GO is filled with events and tournaments that can help players get the cash they need to advance through the mobile title, so we’ve created this page to help tell you what events are currently going on today, what’s happened in the past, and our general tips for the game.

Recommended Videos

Current Events & Tournaments in Monopoly GO

An image of the Girl Power event in Monopoly GO that shows three women standing above the logo for the event.

Current Event in Monopoly GO: Spring Awakening

The “Spring Awakening” event hit on March 18 at 11AM ET and will last for until March 20. This time around, it’s a corners event, meaning you get tokens for landing on Jail, Go to Jail, Free Parking, and Go. Here’s our list of the milestone rewards for “Spring Awakening” in Monopoly GO.

Current Tournament in Monopoly GO: Butterfly Sky

The “Butterfly Sky” tournament is taking place in Monopoly GO until March 19 and allows players to win up to 4,000 dice rolls.

Current Partner Event: None

At the time of writing, no Partner Event is currently taking place in Monopoly GO, and it’s not entirely clear when one will pop up again. Here’s our best estimate of when the next Partner Event will take place in Monopoly GO, and why we figure it won’t be until April.

Current Special Minigame: Sunset Treasures

A Dig event, “Sunset Treasures” hit Monopoly GO on March 18 and will conclude on March 22. The mini-game gives players the chance to win a ton of different rewards and prizes, which we’ve catalogued here, provided they can get all the “Sunset Treasures” pickaxes possible.

When Is the Next Golden Blitz?

No Golden Blitz is happening in Monopoly GO at the time of this article’s most recent update, but you can find our best guess for when it will return here.

Past Events & Tournaments in Monopoly GO

A header-sized image for the Twinkle Tree event in Monopoly GO. The image shows a young child with blonde hair wrapping tinsel around a Christmas tree while a woman with dark hair hangs ornaments.

Past Events in Monopoly GO

St. Paddy’s Party (Mar. 15 – Mar. 18): The “St. Paddy’s Party” event in Monopoly GO was most recently a pick-up event, where players gathered tokens from across the board. You can read our list of all the rewards and milestones here.

Shamrock Shenanigans (Mar. 13 – Mar. 15): Themed after Saint Patrick’s Day, “Shamrock Shenanigans” was most recently a Chance, Community Chest, and Railroads event in Monopoly GO. You can read the list of rewards and prizes that were available by hitting the various milestones here, and we suspect this one will come back soon enough.

Girl Power (Mar. 8 – Mar. 10): The “Girl Power” event celebrated International Women’s Day, and like every other event on this increasingly long list, allowed players to win a lot of great rewards. You can read a list of those here.

Key to the City (Mar. 6 – Mar. 8): “Key to the City” was most recently a four corners event in Monopoly GO that offered players the chance to win up to 13,980 dice rolls. You can find our list of the rewards and milestones here.

Arctic Adventures (Mar. 3 – Mar. 6): The “Arctic Adventures” event in Monopoly GO was a Chance, Community Chest, and Railroads event that gave players the chance to win 18,690 dice rolls by hitting the various milestones, which you can find a list of here.

Habitat Heroes (Mar. 1 – Mar. 3): A new environmental-themed event, “Habitat Heroes” launched in Monopoly GO on March 1 and lasted until March 3 at 10AM ET. There were 13,200 dice rolls available to win as rewards during the pick-up event, and you can find a list of the prizes and milestones here.

Galactic Adventures (Feb. 23 – Feb. 25): The “Galactic Adventures” event in Monopoly GO was most recently a pick-up event. You can follow this link to find a list of all the rewards and milestones for the event.

President’s Trail (Feb. 19 – Feb. 21): Another election-themed event, “President’s Trail” lasted two days in Monopoly GO, though it gave players a lot of chances to win great prizes and rewards. Here’s our coverage of the event.

Victory Campaign (Feb. 16 – Feb. 19): The first in a series of election-themed events, “Victory Campaign” was most recently a Utility and Tax Tile event. As usual, it gave players a chance to win a ton of different rewards and prizes by hitting the right milestone, so here’s our list of them and guide to “Victory Campaign.”

Cupid’s Cuties (Feb. 9 – Feb. 11; Feb. 14 – Feb. 16): A Valentine’s Day-themed event, the most recent version of “Cupid’s Cuties” lasted for two days and was a pick-up style event. You can read about all the rewards and prizes you can get for hitting the milestones in it here.

Retro Love (Feb. 7 – Feb. 9; Feb. 11 – Feb. 14): Most recently, the “Retro Love” event was a short, two-day event coming about in advance of Valentine’s Day. You can read our coverage of it here.

Cloud Cruisin’ (Feb. 5 – Feb. 7): “Cloud Cruisin'” was an event that took place in Monopoly GO from Feb. 5 until Feb. 7. Like with other events on this list, we’ve compiled an article on what you need to know about the event, which you can read here.

Ski Stars (Jan. 22 – Jan. 24): The “Ski Stars “event in Monopoly GO was most recently a pick-up event, and it gave players the chance to win some great prizes. We compiled a list of all the rewards and milestones you could have gotten, which you can see here.

Winter Express (Jan. 19 – Jan. 22): “Winter Express” was a recent event in Monopoly GO, last occurring in January. If you’re looking for more information on the event, including the rewards and milestones you can get, check out our coverage here.

Cold Snap (Jan. 16 – Jan. 19): The “Cold Snap” event in Monopoly GO most recently coincided with a real world cold snap, making it feel just a bit weird for those of us who live in places that don’t always get particularly chilly. Regardless, by staying inside and playing the game, you could get a lot of great prizes and rewards by hitting the milestones, and we just happen to have a list of them right here for you go click on.

Road to Riches (Jan. 8 – Jan. 11): The second event of January, “Road to Riches” was a Monopoly GO event for which there were a lot great prizes and rewards that you could get by hitting the milestones over its lifetime, so here’s our list of them.

Monopoly Origins (Jan. 4 – Jan 8): The first event of January, “Monopoly Origins” is also the namesake for this month’s album, so you can expect it to pop up again sooner rather than later. The event was a colossal four-day happening, and you can read about all the rewards and milestones here.

New Year’s Eve Bash (Dec. 30 – Jan. 2): Celebrating the end of 2023 and the start of 2024, “New Year’s Eve Bash” featured a lot of great rewards and prizes in Monopoly GO — provided you could hit the milestones. Just what did those look like? Well, here’s our list.

Fortune Countdown (Dec. 27 – Dec. 30): If you love fortunes and counting, Monopoly GO sure has the event for you: The “Fortune Countdown.” Taking place in the lead-up to New Year’s Eve, I’m not expecting the event to recur in any meaningful way, but it’s going on right now, which means you can read our coverage of it here.

Gifts All Around (Dec. 24 – Dec. 27): Coinciding with Christmas, the “Gifts All Around” event isn’t one I expect to see come up again this year, as when we get a new album season, we’ll likely end up getting a whole new host of events. Maybe I’ll be wrong! Regardless, here’s a list of all the rewards and milestones that were part of the “Gifts All Around” event in Monopoly GO.

Gingerbread Galore (Dec. 10 – Dec. 12; Dec. 17 – Dec. 20): The “Gingerbread Galore” event in Monopoly GO saw players collecting Gingerbread tokens. The previous time it happened, the event was one that rewarded players for landing on Chance, Community Chest, or a Railroad. You can find a full list of the rewards, prizes, and milestones that you could get for the “Gingerbread Galore” event in Monopoly GO here.

Winter Wonderland (Dec. 6 – Dec. 10; Dec. 15 – Dec. 17): A huge chonker of an event, “Winter Wonderland” in Monopoly GO was one of the longest in recent memory and featured a ton of great prizes, rewards, and milestones to win. The event saw players collecting Snowflake tokens. There are a lot of great prizes and rewards to be won by hitting the various milestones, so if you’re looking for those, check out our coverage here.

Twinkle Tree (Dec. 4 – Dec. 6; Dec. 10 – Dec. 15; Dec. 20 – Dec. 23): The “Twinkle Tree” event in Monopoly GO saw players collecting Ornament tokens to collect a ton of different goodies in the game. Overall, the event was a pretty fun one in the game, and I enjoyed it a lot. If you’re looking for the rewards and milestones, check out our coverage of the “Twinkle Tree” event in Monopoly GO.

Heartfelt Holidays (Dec. 1 – Dec. 4): The “Heartfelt Holidays” event in Monopoly GO kicked off the game’s winter season, and shares its name with the current album. As such, there’s a good chance that like past events that bore the album’s name, that this one will come back around again. You can see what rewards, prizes, and milestones that were available during the “Heartfelt Holidays” event in Monopoly GO here.

Uncharted Adventures (Nov. 29 – Dec. 1): “Uncharted Adventures” ended the last season of Monopoly GO and was the final event of the Epic Myths album. In it, players collected Compass tokens to get points. You can find all the rewards, prizes, and milestones that were available as part of “Uncharted Adventures” in Monopoly GO here.

Bows & Bandits (Nov. 26 – Nov. 29): Ever wanted to be the Robin Hood of capitalism? Well, that’s not a thing, but Monopoly GO kind of made it something with the “Bows & Bandits” event! There was a lot to steal from your friends and give to yourself during the event, and you can check out the rewards, milestones, and prizes that were available as part of the “Bows & Bandits” event in Monopoly GO here.

Epic Myths (Nov. 24 – Nov. 26): The namesake event of last season’s album, “Epic Myths” turned players into their own version of Indiana Jones, albeit one who believed that treasures belonged in their own pockets rather than a museum. Here’s a list of all the prizes, rewards, and milestones that were available as part of “Epic Myths” in Monopoly GO.

Blessed Feast (Nov. 21 – Nov. 24): Taking place over American Thanksgiving, the “Blessed Feast” event in Monopoly GO really did bless players with a feast of riches. An overall enjoyable event and one of the game’s most popular so far, you can find out all the prizes, rewards, and milestones that were available during the event here.

Cranberry Carnival (Nov. 19 – Nov. 21): The “Cranberry Carnival” was another American Thanksgiving-themed event, and it was one that I did the best at. Often, I struggle with Monopoly GO events, but this one was an absolute treat. You can see all the cool rewards, prizes, and milestones I won during the “Cranberry Carnival” in Monopoly GO here.

Creative Accounting (Nov. 15 – Nov. 19): I may not be good at math, but I’m great at creative accounting, apparently! The “Creative Accounting” event in Monopoly GO let players win a lot of different prizes, milestones, and rewards that they might want to hide on their next tax returns, and you can find a list of them here.

Tax Refund (Nov. 13 – Nov. 15): If you’re getting your tax refund in November, that’s a little worrying to me, but you know what. You’ve got to do you. The “Tax Refund” event in was a big one, and I’ve seen it pop up a few times since I started the game. You can read about all the rewards, prizes, and milestones you could get during the “Tax Refund” event in Monopoly GO here.

Singles Night (Nov. 10 – Nov. 13): The “Singles Night” event in Monopoly GO was a great chance to win some dollar bills. Overall, the event was another one I succeeded at, and the dice rolls were pretty heartily in my favor. If you want to see all the prizes, rewards, and milestones for the “Singles Night” event in Monopoly GO, you can check them out here.

Wall Street Wonders (Nov. 5 – Nov. 10; Jan. 11 – Jan. 13): Another money-themed event, “Wall Street Wonders” was a pretty great event in the beloved mobile game, and a big part of that is just what you could win. You can find a list of all the rewards, prizes, and milestones that were available as part of the event here.

Equity Extravaganza (Nov. 3 – Nov. 5; Jan. 13 – Jan. 16): As a writer and editor, the concept of having money is confusing and scary to me, but “Equity Extravaganza” gave me a chance to pretend for once like I was rich. Here’s a list of all the rewards, prizes, and milestones that were part of the Monopoly GO event.

Jungle Jam (Nov. 1 – Nov 3): The “Jungle Jam” event in Monopoly GO was the first of November, and one that felt entirely unfitting the approaching holiday season. Still, it’s one that had some pretty great stuff to win. You can find all the prizes for the “Jungle Jam” event in Monopoly GO here.

Trick or Treat (Oct. 30 – Nov. 1): Taking place over Halloween, the objectively best day of the year, “Trick or Treat” really was more of the latter than the former. Collecting Jack-‘o-Lantern tokens that time around yielded some great Monopoly GO rewards, and you can find them here.

Spooky Soiree (Oct. 27 – Oct. 30): Like the Monster Mash, the “Spooky Soiree” event was a graveyard bash. Collecting Candle tokens let players win some great prizes, and it’s another one that I really liked. I don’t expect to see it back anytime soon, but if you want to know what was available, here’s a list of rewards for the Monopoly GO event.

Bewitching Bash (Oct. 23 – Oct. 27): One of the longest events I’ve seen in Monopoly GO, “Bewitching Bash” kicked off the lead-up to Halloween and was a great way to win some cash in the game. Although the event itself was mostly just fine to me, I do really love seeing Rich Uncle Pennybags as, for some reason, a witch. You can find that image here, along with the rewards, milestones, and prizes that were part of the event.

Lasso Loops (Oct. 21 – Oct. 23): Sorry, buckos. I’m not a big fan of Western themed events on principle. Regardless, “Lasso Loops” had some pretty great stuff for players to win. You can find a list of all the prizes that you could have earned during the Monopoly GO event here.

Rodeo Riders (Oct. 18 – Oct. 21): Hey there, cowboy. If you want to win a big prize, well, scroll back up this list, because the “Rodeo Riders” event in Monopoly GO ended some time ago, and I don’t expect it to return during the winter. Still, you can find out what you could have won here.

Pumpkin Prowl (Oct. 12 – Oct. 18): “Pumpkin Prowl” in Monopoly GO officially kicked off the Halloween-themed events, and it’s one that I’ll always remember fondly, because it’s when the game really started to click for me. You can read all the rewards that were part of “Pumpkin Prowl” in Monopoly GO here.

Wilderness Retreat (Oct. 10 – Oct. 12): “Wilderness Retreat” was one of several nature-themed events that I expect to come back during the spring, as that’s when it’ll make sense to have again. Overall, it was a pretty strong one. You can read our coverage of the “Wilderness Retreat” event in Monopoly GO here.

Gizmo Gourmet (Oct. 5 – Oct. 10): “Gizmo Gourmet” has come back a few times in Monopoly GO, so expect to see it again sometime soon. You can read our coverage of the event here.

Past Tournaments in Monopoly GO

Firework Frenzy: A tournament that occurred around New Year’s, “Firework Frenzy” in Monopoly GO is a celebration of all that goes bang, pop, pow, and whiz. You can find our coverage of the event, as well as all the rewards and milestones, here.

Reindeer Gallop: Another holiday-season themed event, the “Reindeer Gallop” tournament is going on in Monopoly GO sees players collecting Reindeer tokens, has the potential for some big wins. You can check out our list of all the rewards and milestones here.

Santa’s Sprint: The “Santa’s Sprint” tournament saw players collecting Santa Hat tokens in order to win some potentially great prizes. The most recent version of the tournament coincided with the “Gingerbread Galore” event in Monopoly GO. Here’s our coverage of all the event milestones and rewards.

Sleigh Race: The “Sleigh Race” tournament saw players collecting, as you might guess, Sleigh tokens. Like with many other leaderboard tournaments, this one was tough to get a good footing in unless you were actually paying to buy dice rolls or absurdly lucky.

Xmas Sweater: The “Xmas Sweater” contest, which is a form of tournament, is popped up in December and saw players collecting, as you might guess, Xmas Sweater tokens in a bid to win prizes and other goodies. Here’s our coverage of all the rewards and milestones for the “Xmas Sweater Contest” in Monopoly GO.

Jingle Jam: The “Jingle Jam” tournament saw players collecting Microphone tokens, a nod to the musical reference in the name. If you’re looking for all the prizes, rewards, and milestones available as part of the “Jingle Jam” event in Monopoly GO, check our coverage out.

Mistletoe: The “Mistletoe” tournament is part of the game’s current season and sees players going around the board and picking up Mistletoe tokens by landing on Railroads. You can find a list of all the rewards and milestones that were available as part of the most recent version of the tournament in Monopoly GO here.

Snowy Creations: The “Snowy Creations” tournament has recurred several times since the “Heartfelt Holidays” season started in December, and I don’t expect it to go anywhere anytime soon. You can read what the tournament looks like generally here.

Toy Soldiers’: The “Toy Soldiers'” tournament is another competitive event that’s been occurring a lot since December started. Overall, it’s another good one, and you can read my coverage of it here, as it’s been key to succeeding at the main events.

Other key tournaments in the game so far have included Dot Com Dash and the Snowman Contest.

Past Partner Events

Hot Rod Partners (Mar. 8 – Mar. 13): The Partner Event for March, “Hot Rod Partners” let teams work together to build up cars. There were a ton of great rewards and prizes you could win by hitting the various milestones with your partner, which we’ve listed here. While I find these events can sometimes be a bit hit or miss, I found that the wheel spins this time around were much more generous, which is great.

Valentine’s Day Partners (Feb. 9 – Feb. 14): The February event, “Valentine’s Day Partners” featured players teaming up to use Heart tokens to build up nice little stacks of goodies. As usual, there were a ton of great prizes to win for working together.

Gardening Partners (Jan. 8 – Jan. 13): The “Gardening Partners” event was the partners event for January in Monopoly GO. Taking the same shape as many other events, there were a ton of great rewards and prizes to be gotten by teaming up with friends and strangers to build up a great little garden.

Gift Partners (Dec. 15 – Dec. 20): The “Gift Partners” event in Monopoly GO saw players building up Gifts in advance of the holiday season. There were, like with the other events, a lot of great prizes to wins, which we’ve catalogued here, along with the milestones and some tips on how to play and do well.

Thanksgiving Partners (Nov. 21 – Nov 26): The November partner event in Monopoly GO, “Thanksgiving Partners” saw players teaming up to create their own baking creations with help from some Oven Mitt tokens.

Spooky Car Partners (Oct. 27 – Nov. 1): “Spooky Car Partners” was the October partner event in Monopoly GO and saw players, as the title suggests, building vehicles. These were spooky vehicles in the style of the Munsters. You can read our coverage here.

Past Special Mini-Games

Moonlight, Egyptian, & Galactic Treasures: The “Moonlight Treasures,” “Egyptian Treasures,” and “Galactic Treasures” minigames see players collecting Pickaxe tokens. With those in tow, they uncover different hidden symbols in a Battleship-like minigame. Overall, I’ve found these events to be super easy to win a ton of prizes at.

PEG-E: PEG-E is a plinko machine that you use Prize Drop Chips to play. The minigame is one of the most commonly occurring in Monopoly GO, and there are a lot of great prizes you can get for playing. Generally, I recommend trying to target dice rolls and more Prize Drop Chips, as those help you to keep playing for longer.

Free Daily Dice Rolls

Getting dice rolls is integral to winning at Monopoly GO, and because of that, we compile a list of free daily dice roll links. All of the links that you can find at this link are safe and will help you get farther than ever before in the game.

Monopoly GO FAQs

Monopoly Go Gizmo Gourmet Event

A lot of people are curious about how many boards there are in Monopoly GO, since the game seems to hold an infinite number. You can read just how many there are here.

Dice rolls are key to succeeding at Monopoly GO, so if you’re looking for how to get more, here’s our advice. You can also look under the relevant heading above to find a link to our free daily dice rolls.

From time to time, mobile games go down, and you may find yourself unable to access them. If you’re wondering if there’s a problem with Monopoly GO, check this article out.

Sending Stars is an important part of succeeding at Monopoly GO, so if you’re not sure how that works, we’ve got a guide for you.

Sometimes, you might find you’re not enjoying someone’s company and want to do away with them. Here’s whether you can block someone in Monopoly GO.

With Partner events being so important to being able to win at Monopoly GO, we’ve, of course, covered our best strategy for winning. Overall, I’ve found a lot of success hitting milestones and getting rewards with the method documented here.

If you’re looking for how to get more shields in Monopoly GO, you can check out our coverage of how to get new skins and more shields in general here.

If you’re like me, you hate playing things on your phone. As such, here’s whether you can play Monopoly GO on PC.

Finally, you might be looking to quite or take a break from mobile games for a time. If that’s the case, here’s how to sign out of Monopoly GO.

If you’re looking for something else, here’s our entire archive of Monopoly GO articles. Monopoly GO is available on iOS and Android.

related content
Read Article All WWE 2K24 My Faction Locker Codes (March 2024)
A cover image of WWE 2K24.
Read Article Monopoly GO Free Dice Rolls Links (March 2024)
Monopoly Go. But is it down?
Read Article Anime Dimensions Simulator Codes (March 2024)
Anime Dimensions Promo Image
Related Content
Read Article All WWE 2K24 My Faction Locker Codes (March 2024)
A cover image of WWE 2K24.
Read Article Monopoly GO Free Dice Rolls Links (March 2024)
Monopoly Go. But is it down?
Read Article Anime Dimensions Simulator Codes (March 2024)
Anime Dimensions Promo Image
Author
Liam Nolan
Liam Nolan is the Managing Editor of The Escapist. After getting his Master of Arts in English in 2016, he began writing about comics, television, movies, and video games, with his work appearing at such outlets as Marvel.com, CBR, and The Mary Sue. When he's not writing on pop culture, you can find Liam working on his creative projects or traveling. He's been with The Escapist since 2023. You can follow him on Twitter @LD_Nolan or on Bluesky @ldnolan.bsky.social.