Halo Effect V2 (Cross Over) Main Thread (Sign ups still open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . . . 36 NEXT

"Oh you're in for now man. She'll never let you be now."

Sure enough, the varren came back and drop the strut infront of him barking happily. Voh chuckle lightly, enjoying the beast company as he picks it up and toss it again. Not minding to much as he enjoys seeing a strong creatures such as this one. "It is fine, no harm is done." He said as he keep doing it when Gaz brings it back to him.

"Ah, good old fashioned ryncol. Good for de-greasing Tomka parts, fire bombs, killin' brain cells, and setting off rad alarms. Mmm, smells like a good batch."

Kurash would say as he open the bottle and pour them a glass of the Ryncol. Voh could easily smell the over powering scent and found it disgusting. Though he did not want to disgrace himself in front of his host. Sucking it up as he takes the glass. Though he did worry that he would not be able to handle such a drink if it did all of the things Kurash said.

"Actually Voh, if you don't mind, I'd like to hear your thoughts on fighting the humans. I've fought human mercs before, but from the background info Aria got from Luna you and yours were fighting on a military level for some years."

"Ah...well were to began with that.." He said as he muse himself in thought. Trying to put together a good saying for the humans he fought. "Well, let me at first tell you what the Humans were up against."

Voh sat upwards as he clear his throat, not wanting to get caught up while telling his tale.

"Before my race had a truce with the humans. The Sangheili were part of a the Covenant. A theocratic hegemony made up of multiple alien species. The lowest were the Unggoy, small gas breathers that serve as cannon fodder within our army. Next were the Kig-Yar, bird like aliens that were excellent snipers and good scouting force. After that, the Yanme'e, bug like creatures that were use as ambushers and shock troopers. Next tier were the filthy Jiralhanae "

Voh spat out the name as if it was a great insult to even speak their name. "Forerunner-damn brutes who we should have left on their blasted world." He calm down a bit as he sigh. "Then we, the sangheili the backbone of the Coveannt and the main frontline warriors. Lastly for our fighting force were the Mgalekgolo, just think a walking, living tank if you will." he chuckle as he remember the Mgalekgolo. Wishing he has a bond brothers set with him.

"Now..picture these races, every single one of them fighting the humans. We push them from every world they had. Never stopping. Never taking prisoners. Killing and fighting every inch that we could take. Burning every world they lost to a cinder before we left. And they kept fighting no matter what. For ever inch we took it seem we lost so many good warriors."

He sat there, remembering the battles he had with the humans. Getting lost in thought for a moment before he took a glup of his drink. Spilling some of it due to his split jaw but taking most of it in. The taste assulted his mouth as he nearly gag but held it in. Feeling the liquor go down his throat as he sigh.

"Some sangheili always wonder why the San 'Shyuum never let the Humans within the Covenant. They tested the best of Sangheili in the field of war. So...what about your humans?" Voh ask as he look at Kurash. "Are they the same? Unwilling to be put in the corner?"

Pla'ice made a grimace when mentioned "the Asari". Murphy had a notion that she meant the local crime boss Jastis had put the Blade in league with.

"Well, it looks like Lightbulb has me playing both sides." He thought to himself, leaning back in the chair.

"But anyway, listen to me prattle on, you came here wanting information about the Twilight Sun. Was there something in particular you wanted to know?"

"Start from the top and work your way down" Murphy responded with a playful smirk.

Kurash

Sipping his drink as Voh talked, Kurash tried to pair what little he'd read about this 'Covenant' with what was being said. Hmph...those last two would be fun. He thought. As Voh raised his cup to his mouth, Kurash did his best not to look too expectantly for the reaction. He was expecting some coughing and sputtering at least, maybe some outright puking if he was lucky. He was stunned when Voh barely mustered a cough. Damn, that ugly bastard is tough...I knew I'd like him.

"So...what about your humans? Are they the same? Unwilling to be put in the corner?"

Sitting back in his seat, Kurash thought for a moment. "Yeah, that sounds about right." Taking a swig of ryncol, he went on. "I remember the first time I fought a human. It was about 20 to 30 years ago now, humans were still pretty new on the galactic level...and like most krogan, I took one look at the squishy little things and completely discounted them."

"Anyways, a group of human mercs start cutting in on some of Aria's interests, so she sends me and a few guys to go sort them out. We catch'em with their pants down, and hammer'em hard, killed a dozen or so in about five minutes with no losses. Now, turians and batarians can be stubborn at times, but after a hit like that any but the craziest would've pressed for a ceasefire...asari or salarian ever sooner. That's what we were expecting, and Aria had even told us to just buy them off if we could, but these humans just dug in and kept fighting."

"Four hours later, I'd lost roughly half of my men before we broke into their final position. The only human still on his feet was a kid who was down to just a knife. So it was him, with no gun, versus me, two turians, four more krogan and a batarian. We all had guns and lots of ammo, and seven of the eight of us were in heavy armour...so what does this kid do? He attacks me, since I'm the closest. I wanted to see what a human was like in hand-to-hand so I dropped my Graal and met him. He was totally out matched, but every time I beat him down he got back up, until I finally broke his neck with a hard left. Yeah I killed him, but I never beat him." He said, his wide mouth curling into a slight smile.

"After that I began to realize something about humans, and the Reaper War just re-enforced it. They're a friendly and intelligent race, as long as their bellies are full and their lives are in order. But take away their creature comforts, deprive them of food, sleep, showers, put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time and that same friendly, intelligent, nice race... will become as nasty and as violent as the most bloodthirsty krogan."

"It sounds like he would have made a good Demon." Voh said but caught himself as he correct himself. "or a Spartan if you were talking to a human, something like Jastis." Voh chuckle lightly, "now those are the real soldiers of the human race. They earn the title of Demon from us Sangheili." He look at the Varren as it drop the strut again and he picks it up and toss it once more. "I myself did not fight any demons while Waring with the humans. Though you should talk to Jastis when you get the opportunity. That is if you can get the Demon to talk about the war."

Voh sat down his empty glass as he look at Kurash. "Though I did read up on the battle reports of the Demons. How they boost the morals of the normal soldiers when present. Able to use any weapon they can get their hands on. Matching a Sangheili in strength or sometimes stronger." He chuckle once more. "It is sadden to see such warriors slowly die out. As the war continue their numbers dwindle down."

"Start from the top and work your way down"

"Very well..." Pla'ice activated her omni-tool and started to key in a command. Then, a screen appeared with what appeared to be an assorted list of data. "The Twilight Sun was one of the many organizations that cropped up after Aria's short exile from Omega. However, unlike most of them, this group did not fade back into Aria's network when she returned. Instead, they've chosen to move to the outskirts of the region and work to carve out their own little criminal empire."

The Turian paused for a moment as she looked over the next few bits of information, a low hum coming from her throat. "It looks like they've had some success flying under Aria's radar, though they're risking that now with incursions into Omega. Apparently they're trying to move some product they've gathered from their bases near the edges of Terminus space onto the station. I tried to find out what exactly they were selling, but Aria sent a hit squad in before I could get close. They certainly made a mess of things."

Ms. Pla'ice paused as she switched off her omit-tool, giving Murphy and odd stare. "Well, that's a general overview, I do have more information about their activities in their own territory, but it pertains little to their interactions here on Omega. Will that be everything?"

"Will that be everything?"

Pla'ice was giving Murphy an odd stare. Murphy kept his gaze even, and relaxed his muscles, preparing for an attack. He handed her the tablet that Tau had given him.

"Put all relevant information on here." He said. "Thank you for your hospitality, Ms. Pla'ice."

His left foot slid back slightly, putting Murphy in the position to spring in any direction if need be. He had been in too many meetings like this that had gone south.

"Put all relevant information on here."

The Turian nodded as she took the datapad under her reactivated omni-tool and started a quick download. Once it was done, Ms. Pla'ice handed the device back to Murphy with another Turian attempt at a smile.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Ms. Pla'ice."

"Oh no, thank you. It's nice to have some civil company in here for a change. Please, if you feel like it, have a parting drink at the bar downstairs. Simply tell them that 'the madam has sorted it out', and you'll get one drink of your choice on the house." Pla'ice gestured to the door Murphy came in from, which suddenly opened in response. "And if you would like to sell any secrets of your own, remember that I pay the best price on the station."

"And if you would like to sell any secrets of your own, remember that I pay the best price on the station."

Murphy laughed as he rose from his chair.

"I have a lifetime of secrets," He said wistfully, "but I think they're worthless here. But if I come across new ones, I'll be sure to drop by. Hell, I might even make a social visit out of it next time I'm around."

He turned towards the door, then stopped.

"Oh, watch the guy in the yellow vest. He's a pretty good pickpocket."

Murphy left the office and went down to the bar. He took Pla'ice up on her offer of the drink. He watched the patrons in the bar, studying them. It was a rough crowd, and a little rowdy. A fight looked like it was about to break out, so Murphy used the distraction to slip out unnoticed. The journey back took a little longer because Murphy wanted to make sure he wasn't followed, but before he knew it, Murphy was back in his room, combing through the information that Pla'ice had given him. When he was finished, he started walking the ship, looking for Tau. He hoped that it wouldn't take long, the alcohol was wearing off, and the pain was starting to shoot through him again.

As Murphy rounded a corner, there appeared Tau, busy working with his drones on reconstruction. However, that did not mean the Geth didn't take notice of the agent's entrance. "Agent Murphy, have you completed my request?" Without waiting for an answer, Tau spotted his datapad and beckoned for it to be returned.

When it was, Tau immediately scanned it's databanks, committing what was stored to memory. Soon, it finished...with one last curious bit of information. Tau recognized that it was coded in a way that would make so the message would only reveal itself if run through the processes of a Geth. Even if that was cracked, the message was in an ancient Quarian dialect, and could only be translated by a Quarian, Geth, or maybe an Asari matriarch well-voiced in Quarian culture. When Tau happened upon it, his headlight blinked.

"We know what you're doing, Geth, and the Shadow Broker wants in. Our negotiator will arrive soon enough, take good care of him."

After he saved an unmolested copy of the message, Tau deleted the original, and started to scan the data received for viruses for good measure. While he was doing this, the Geth looked back at Murphy. "Did Broker Pla'ice mention anything that is not stored on this datapad?

Ms. Pla'ice waited a while after she saw Murphy duck out of the bar on one of her security feeds before making the call. It wouldn't be long before the Geth that lucked his way into that ship's crew would get the message, but she couldn't afford have her agent arrive too early.

"Agent 39? This is Pla'ice, I need you on the Intruder job, I've found a good way in. Stop by the bar before heading out and I'll give you the details."

Having now eaten and feeling better, Gideon went off to have a shower, since he hadn't had once since before he came on board the Blade, and after the events of the last day and a half, he felt like he could do with one. Briefly returning to his cabin to pick up a spare set of off duty clothes, Gideon headed to the showers and washed. Afterwards he decided to get some fresh air.

As he exited the ship and into the hangar, Gideon could see crews of people made up of the various races working on the ship, and sitting nearby was Sarah with a data-pad.

"Hello Sarah, mind if I join you?"

"Hello Sarah, mind if I join you?"

Sarah turned to see Gideon and scooted over a bit on the box she was sitting on so he'd have room "Sure" she said as she set the pad down and turned back to the ship construction "Out having a bit a of a leg stretch? Or out to see the 'Surgery' on Amaya?" She asked with a light smirk.

"Sure." Spoke Sarah as he moved over a bit on the box she was sat on to allow Gideon to sit on it as well. As he sat next to her, Sarah set down the data-pad she was using and looked back on the construction work. "Out have a bit a of a leg stretch? Or out to see the 'Surgery' on Amaya?" Sarah then asked with a light smirk.

"Mostly to stretch my legs and get a bit of fresh air; I tell you, being cooped up on board ship for hours without much to do, and you can find yourself getting bored quite quickly. What about you then Sarah? Or is it a little from Column A and a little from Column B."

"Trying to study in less sleep inducing surroundings actually" Sarah said picking the pad back up and wiggling it a bit "Sitting in my quarters and trying to read this crap is a good way to put me back to sleep" She said with the same smirk she had before "Besides, I always found construction interesting"

"Did Broker Pla'ice mention anything that is not stored on this datapad?"

Murphy kept his pain hidden with a cocked eyebrow and a smirk.

"Something about needing a Geth on a stripper pole, but I don't think it was important." His voice changed to a slightly more serious, but still jovial tone. "If that's all, I'm going to get my meds from sick bay, then get some sleep."

"Though you should talk to Jastis when you get the opportunity. That is if you can get the Demon to talk about the war."

"I'll keep that in mind, but I think I may have more luck with one of the other two. The Captain strikes me as a man of few words." Kurash replied, with a chuckle. Grabbing the bottle he topped up both their cups, before taking another drink. "I've got to say Voh, I'm impressed. Most aliens really can't handle ryncol, hell it'd probably KILL a Quarian..."

After a bit, he spoke up again. "So, since we're going to be working together, I figure I should ask...how do you fight? Up close or at range?"

"If that's all, I'm going to get my meds from sick bay, then get some sleep."

"You have acquired all the information I require at this juncture. Your assistance is appreciated." Delivering a curt nod to show his gratitude, Tau left Murphy to his own devices, now needing to scour the ship for one who could accomplish the next phase.

Eventually, Tau found Jastis, a perfect candidate. "Captain Jastis, information has arrived which is of great importance. The use of resources at your disposal is required."

"Trying to study in less sleep inducing surroundings actually." Sarah said as she picked up the data-pad again and started to use it once more. "Sitting in my quarters and trying to read this crap is a good way to put me back to sleep." She then spoke with the same style of smirk as she did with before. "Besides, I always found construction interesting." Looking at the data-pad that Sarah was using, Gideon could see that she was looking up something called 'The Citadel'; from what he could make out, it looked to be some kind of large circular construct.

'Could it be similar to the Halo rings back home? Did the Forerunners ever come into this universe?' Gideon thought to himself.

"Interested in construction are you huh? To be honest, and I didn't peg you as someone who'd be into that; guess I haven't gotten to know you all that well. So, what you looking up at the moment, looks to be something rather impressive." Gideon said, showing some sort of interest.

"I like the process of creation, but my real hobby is music, believe it or not" Sarah said as she pulled the data pad into view "As for what I'm studying, its the hub of the government, a place called 'Citadel', its where all the races gather to hash out diplomatic matters and such. Kind reminds me of the Covenant, in that its a bunch of aliens grouped together in an alliance, but they seem to lack the religious fanaticism and Earth is a member state" Sarah said showing some of the data to Gideon. "Though, they apparently are a little slow to react to things and get forces where they need to be at times" Sarah added with a shrug "Kind reassuring to know politics get in the way of getting things done in a timely matter here just like they do back home. Least for the sake of familiarity anyway."

"I like the process of creation, but my real hobby is music, believe it or not." Sarah said as she pulled the data-pad into view.

"As for what I'm studying, its the hub of the government, a place called 'Citadel', its where all the races gather to hash out diplomatic matters and such. Kind reminds me of the Covenant, in that its a bunch of aliens grouped together in an alliance, but they seem to lack the religious fanaticism and Earth is a member state." She then showed Gideon some of the data that she was viewing.

"Though, they apparently are a little slow to react to things and get forces where they need to be at times." Sarah then shrugged.

"Kind reassuring to know politics get in the way of getting things done in a timely matter here just like they do back home. Least for the sake of familiarity anyway."

"Yeah, I guess no matter how far from home you travel, there will always be something that feels familiar. With what you said earlier about it being the hub of this universe's government, and it reminding you of the Covenant; why, it's like High Charity in a way, since that was the hub for the Covenant."

"Well, if we ever get far enough to reach the Citadel; might be able to use some of their resources, given Earth is a member. But no doubt we'll have to jump through another series of hoops just to get anything done. Blasted red tape, always getting in the way of things. They think it's for the betterment of all, but noooooooooooo!" Gideon said as he analyzed the information, sounding annoyed at having to do pointless busywork. He quickly then changed the subject

"Anyway, enough about that, so what kind of music do you like then Sarah?"

Sarah giggled as Gideon mini ranted on the red tape that commonly got in the way of everything.

"Anyway, enough about that, so what kind of music do you like then Sarah?"

"Depends, Am I playing it or singing it?" Sarah asked back rhetorically "I like to play rock and some metal if I'm just playing, singing on the other hand, I favor something more country in nature. I got my brothers to thank for my interest in music though, with out them, I'd have probably not picked up a guitar to begin with" Sarah replied.

Dorion

"Agent 39? This is Pla'ice, I need you on the Intruder job, I've found a good way in. Stop by the bar before heading out and I'll give you the details."

Dorion heard his orders as he drank the rest of his Salarian coffee. Sighing as he would like a few more moments to enjoy the moment of a finish job. The room he was in look like a horror movie. Blood and body parts everywhere as it look like a bomb took place here. "Copy and on my way. Just finish up that pesty little job that needed to be done." He said in a cheery tone. Making his way out of the room without leaving anything behind to show that he was there. Not that it would matter. This was Omega after all, but just incase some of the friends of the owner shows up and wants some payback. Making his way back to the bar and headed to Ms. Pla'ice office.

"Good evening Ms. Pla'ice. I hope the day been a fine one for you as it was for me." Waiting for his orders as he went over to the coffee machine and made himself another cup. Waiting for Pla'ice to give him the details of his new job.

Voh'Tohia

"The other two..Ha. Not even true Spartans if you ask me. Though it is your choice to do so." Voh simple said as he watch Kurash pour him some more alcohol. "Eh it does have a vile taste to it. Though it is drinkable, and Alcohol with friends is also prefer." He took another drink and almost puke it up. It was so vile but he could handle it. Though he did make a sound that sounded like he was ready to puke it up.

"Ugh..and to answer your question. I prefer up close and personal." He pulls out his sword handle and turns it on. "A highly honor thing to hold within my race." He turns it off and puts it back on his hip. "Though I also perform range if needed. I shall show you another time." he smiles as he waits for Kurash reaction.

JASTIS-015

He wondered if this had anything to do with Murphy's mission, "Alright put it on me. What exactly is required? Does this have something to do with the mission you sent the spook on?"

Pistis finished her training and received a few claps from those gathered to watch her training. She blushed and gave a quick bow. Collecting her items, she headed to the showers, cleaning herself off. Afterwards, the drell placed her stuff back in her quarters off ship with the Salarians. The. She returned to the ship and got lost while looking for Jastis. After a good 5 minutes, she eventually stumbled into him and a geth. "Oh... Sorry if I'm interrupting..." She said and took a few steps back to the doorway. "I was just letting you know I'd need to head back into omega to pick up some medical supplies the Salarians are lacking, is that ok with you? I'll pay for them out of pocket with the little funds I have." She said, respectfully to the captain.

"Good evening Ms. Pla'ice. I hope the day been a fine one for you as it was for me."

"Indeed...I'm sure you know about that ship that suddenly appeared outside the station? I've been keeping a close eye on the ship and the people inside, though Aria hasn't made that easy, and I believe I've found you a way inside." The Turian paused as Dorion finished his brewing and sat on the other side of her desk. "One of the humans I've spied as an inhabitant of that ship just walked into my office and asked me a curious question. Not to mention the money he paid for it came from an...unusual source, an account we've linked to a covert operation in the Terminus Systems...being conducted by the Geth and Quarians."

Pla'ice paused as she realized she was going off topic, so with a shake of her head she got back on track. "It's the Geth we've seen working with them, it must be using assets from the still-orbiting Tashya as a resource base." Pla'ice stopped for a moment as he absentmindedly tapped on her desk. "If it wants to use us for its own ends, then we've simply use it in kind." Pla'ice leaned back in her chair and emitted a long, relaxed groan. "By now it's seen the message I left in the data the human wanted. If it wants our cooperation, it knows it should play ball. I want you to go to their hangar and present yourself, if anyone questions you being there, say you work for the Geth. It should back you up on that, and then find a quiet spot to discuss terms of a new arrangement for...internal information procurement."

"And if the Geth denies your cover..." The Turian guessed the first question out of Dorion's mouth, shrugging before continuing. "Then pull out, contact me, and we'll find a more old-fashioned way of handling this. If the Shadow Broker isn't going to get an ear on that ship, then it no longer needs to exist."

"Does this have something to do with the mission you sent the spook on?"

"Indeed, Operative Murphy has brought valuable information to my attention." Tau looked around to make sure no one could listen in, then leaned in closer to Jastis and lowered his volume. "I believe if we act on this information, we can ingratiate ourselves with Crimelord Aria, and achieve a higher level of autonomy."

Sarah giggled slightly as Gideon went on his rant, and he had to admit it was kind of a cute giggle. "Depends, am I playing it or singing it?" She then asked in a rhetorical fashion. "I like to play rock and some metal if I'm just playing, singing on the other hand, I favor something more country in nature. I got my brothers to thank for my interest in music though, with out them, I'd have probably not picked up a guitar to begin with."

"That is some varying tastes in music Sarah; personally whilst I can't play an instrument all that well, I do enjoy listening to some Jazz if I ever find myself in the need to relax; though to be honest, I enjoy the old classics more than the modern songs of today, just something about them makes me think of the passion and talent they put into their work. So, it was your brothers that got you into music, I guess you miss them huh. Hell, I think we all miss our families at this point." Gideon said with a small, slightly depressed sounding sigh as he remembered his own family; he was supposed to contact them after getting back from investigating the anomaly, guess he'll have quite the story to tell when he finally does.

"So, it was your brothers that got you into music, I guess you miss them huh. Hell, I think we all miss our families at this point."

Sarah nodded "Yeah, though my family situation is complicated. Mom hasn't really spoken to me in a year, but my Sister still kept tabs on me, my Brothers and Dad though, they died at the tail end of the Human/Covenant War" Sarah's mind drifted to what Voh had said about them, how they died fighting. "But I have it on good authority that they died fighting, so least there's that I guess." she said, with a sad smile. "'Case your wondering, Mom didn't really approve of me enlisting, and when I told her I was going to join the Spartan program she flipped her lid, Sis says she just afraid of losing me like we lost my Brothers and Dad."

"Yeah, though my family situation is complicated. Mom hasn't really spoken to me in a year, but my Sister still kept tabs on me, my Brothers and Dad though, they died at the tail end of the Human/Covenant War." Sarah said with a simple nod, she then went quiet for a few moments, possibly out of respect for her fallen family members, and well Gideon didn't want to spoil it.

"But I have it on good authority that they died fighting, so least there's that I guess." Sarah remarked with a sad smile. "Case your wondering, Mom didn't really approve of me enlisting, and when I told her I was going to join the Spartan program she flipped her lid, Sis says she just afraid of losing me like we lost my Brothers and Dad." Gideon gently put a hand on Sarah's shoulder.

"I guess every mother is scared to lose one of their young, it's simply a paternal instinct, kind of like human nature in a way, it's a part of who we are. I know that my parents and older sister were scared that I'd get killed in the war, but they were also proud of what I had accomplished; and I bet deep down, your family is proud of you as well. Your father and brothers, they didn't die in vain, they died fighting, fighting to protect humanity; they should be honored as heroes." Gideon said with a look of respect, but now he wanted to change the subject, the doom and gloom was a bit of a downer.

"Hey Sarah, did anyone ever tell you, that you have a cute laugh?"

"Hey Sarah, did anyone ever tell you, that you have a cute laugh?" Gideon said, in an attempt to change the subject.

"Not since High School really." Sarah said, then paused "Come to think of it I haven't actually been hit on much in a while, must be the half ton of armor I'm usually in ..." she ended up thinking out loud, but smiled at the compliment " But yeah, I have heard that rumor" she paused again, this time looking like she was thinking about something, like there was something she could add but wasn't sure if she should.

"Not since High School really..." Sarah said, then paused for a moment before continuing. "Come to think of it I haven't actually been hit on much in a while, must be the half ton of armor I'm usually in..." She soon gave Gideon a smile, no doubt liking the compliment from earlier. "But yeah, I have heard that rumor."

"How can it be a rumour, when I have living proof right in front of me; not only have you got a cute laugh Sarah, but also a nice smile to go along with it. I'm surprised not more guys have noticed it, cause it shows, I mean we could all do with a moment of happiness every once in a while, otherwise, what's the point?" Gideon asked rhetorically.

Sarah crossed her arms and huffed in false irritation "Now your starting to sound like my old Squad Captain" she finished in her now common smirk "But your right, like he was, which reminds me." she started then hopped down "One sec, personal thing." she said taking a few steps away from Gideon just so he couldn't snoop on what she was typing up, after she finished she came right back and sat down where she was. "So ... what's the scoop with you and Amaya eh?" she asked slyly

Murphy made his way to the med bay and collected his medication, then went to his compartment.

When he arrived, he put the baseball and its attached note to the side, then climbed into his rack. His comm unit buzzed, and Murphy activated his data pad to see a message from Sarah. He laughed a little at the message, then replied.

"Come on by, do the 'shave and a haircut, two bits' knock and I'll key you in."

He wondered what Sarah wanted to ask, but decided to save worrying about it until later. For the time being, he just peeled off his shirt and stretched out on the bed.

JASTIS-015

Jastis nodded his head, it sounded good but he still wasn't completely onboard. He honestly wanted to get out of Aria's grasp as soon as possible rather than get deeper into it. Another thing he wondered was why Tau is trying to get them on a better standing with Aria, since he was still working for his Quarian-Geth alliance. But he still did say they would gain autonomy, which would be better in the long run and would make leaving Aria's home much easier.

He turned to the Drell first, "That is fine, you may do that."

Then he turned back to Tau, "Alright," he spoke with a lower tone. "Show me what this information is and I will give my go ahead or not."

"Eh it does have a vile taste to it. Though it is drinkable, and Alcohol with friends is also prefer."

"You my friend are far too charitable, thought you are right. It is far better to share drinks with ones krant than it is to drink alone." At the sound for Voh doing his best not to puke, Kurash began to roar with laughter. "HAHA! I'm amazed you kept that down, you're starting to put some krogan I know to shame."

"Ugh..and to answer your question. I prefer up close and personal." Voh then activated an impressive looking energy sword. "A highly honor thing to hold within my race."

"Good man. A salarian can kill someone at range if he has a gun, but a real warrior gets up close, sees the fear in their enemies' eyes, smells their terror as they realize they're going to die, and watches that all fade into the Void as you kill them." Keying his omni-tool, Kurash activated an omni-blade. "I've got something similar" He said, looking at Voh's sword. "But with far less prestige attached; hell you can get an omni-weapon plug-in at any decent arms merchant." Damn that's nice...if he bites it on a mission I'm so lifting that.

Reaching over to where he'd dropped it, Kurash hefted his Graal onto his lap. "This baby is my go to weapon though." One hand on the grip, he ran his other along the bayonet that was attached just below the two barrels. "What I like to do is open with a biotic charge; ram this varren sticker into some poor piece of pyjak shit, then use him as a shield while I blow holes in his surprised comrades." As he looked over his weapon, he chuckled again. "I remember a fight, oh...three or four centuries ago. We were going after this little volus shit. Fancied himself one of those hot shot 'behind-the-scenes' string pullers, but he was pretty small time. Unfortunately, for him at least, he made himself just big enough to be a pain in the ass."

"Anyways we're hitting his base, wrecking shit as we go, when we manage to drop contact with his Sec-Force. After a bit of tedious sneaking, we find a hanger, and this little shit is trying to get stuff loaded onto a shuttle so he can run. Anyways, while he's yelling at his men to hurry up, I draw a bead on his round ass. I rush in with a Charge, and as the blade rams through his suit I pulled the trigger..." Kurash was now looking at Voh with a huge grin. "BOOM! That little round fuck took off in a hundred different directions at the same time! Funniest damned thing I've ever seen."

Dorion

Dorion listen to his boss as she talks about the newest tread that been going on the extrnet lately. A ship that just appear outside of Omega and yadda yadda yadda. Smiling as his coffee was finish and he pour himself a cup. Adding sugar and such to it as he goes to the chair and sits down in it. Listening what he must do to get inside and how to be around the crew. Once she was finish he sat his cup down and responded.

"So you would like me to get inside with the crew. Be part of this "team" to learn more about them and follow their rules. And if the Geth doesn't let me, then I"m suppose to pull out and we can then rethink of a plan to blow up the ship? Sounds Simple enough. Though I would like detail of the whole crew and of the ship before I make my way to it." He said cheery and pick up his cup once more and drinks it.

Voh

Voh chuckle lightly as he heard Kurash laugh. Though Voh clear his throat and listen to the Krogan tale about the Volus. Seeming like a waste to kill something puny but this was a different place. Though he did wonder why such a tactic was needed. "Seems like a waste to kill such a puny thing." Though telling a story got him remembering a story.

"Something like that would be more effective against the Jiralhanae. I remember this one battle that took place between us Sangheili and those primitive apes..." Voh said as he wanted to vomit every time he mention those bastards. "It was just after the war with the humans, we lost so much afterwards then we knew at the time. My people are warriors first and foremost. And during the Covenant, we left everything else to the other races. That came to hurt us soon after since we didn't know anything else if you understand what I'm saying.." he sighs as he stops for a moment and continue. "During that time, we were getting hit by some of the Loyalist holdouts. We couldn't afford to lose so many ships if we can't build more or repair them. So once we found out where their base of operation was at, my superiors send in my team in to do clean up duty."

"We made it in the base without being seen. My brethren cloak and quickly and quietly killing the brutes guards. We lost few and got all the way to the Command Center without alerting the whole base. Though sadly when we got there, their was a Jiralhanae Chieftain." He said as he remembers Kurash never seen one before. "Think of a heavily armor ape. With a giant hammer that distort gravity when it hits it targets." He said as he continues. "The bastard kill a lot of my warriors. Its sheilds held long enough for it to smash my brothers with its hammer. Though before it could kill me. I ram my sword through its throat and tore his filthy head off."

"After that..we made sure the base defenses were down and we left as the ship came in to burn the whole place to oblivion." He said as he return his cup to Kurash. Not wanting another drink as he felt he had enough. Already feeling dizzy and not wanting his skills hurt in case a mission comes in.

Sarah crossed her arms and huffed in what looked like irritation. "Now your starting to sound like my old Squad Captain." She then returned to her trademark smirk. "But your right, like he was, which reminds me." Sarah then added as she hopped off the container with the data-pad. "One sec, personal thing." She then stepped away from Gideon and went off to do something in private, a moment later she returned.

"So ... what's the scoop with you and Amaya eh?" Sarah asked in a rather deft manner.

"What's the scoop between me and Amaya?" Gideon asked in a somewhat confused manner, unsure of what Sarah was talking about.

"Didn't know there was gossip about us going around; though if you wanting to get an answer out of me, we're just friends, nothing unusual going on between us, and she's grateful for me being there to help calm her down in those moments of strange behavior she's been having."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked