Halo Effect V2 (Cross Over) Main Thread (Sign ups still open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . . . 36 NEXT

"Though I would like detail of the whole crew and of the ship before I make my way to it."

"Of course." The Turian slid a datapad over the desk and tapped a claw on the metallic surface as Dorion read through it. "I know it's not a lot, it's become clear at this point that this ship and the people on it were either kept very secret, or come from far away. On top of that, they haven't been around very long and Aria's keeps everything around them locked up tight. Standard procedure, by the way..." Pla'ice held out her hand after she saw Dorion was making progress through the files. "...can't let you leave with that kind of sensitive intelligence."

"Show me what this information is and I will give my go ahead or not."

Tau blinked, his panels refocusing as the Geth thought of the best way to explain things. The brute-force processing actually slowed him down for a moment, stuttering his response. "I-i-it is difficult to explain all the information retrieved, Captain Jastis. Rather, my assertion is based more on pieces of information that can be combined to show a scenario developing within a short timeframe."

Giving Jastis a moment to think that over, Tau complied what information was be necessary to given to gain Jastis' approval. "The data collected suggests a foreign element, with similar goals and resources as Crimelord Aria, seeks to assert its presence on Omega station. With Operative Murphy's assistance, the proper information regarding their next probe attempt is available. If we strike preemptively, we can gain Crimelord Aria's..." Tau paused as he lacked a proper technical term, so he decided to use an organic term. "...trust. If we are allowed higher autonomy as a result, or even a more dependent route of supply, it may be possible to break away from her at an opportune time."

Sarah leaned back a bit "Sounds about right for her current body, but don't be surprised if she 'de-friend-zones' you in favor of something closer when she get a more human body, cause that's the vibe I got from her" she replied "Which hopefully she gets sooner rather then later cause that Geth she's borrowing is ugly, sure she's happy cause its a body an all but she should have something that looks nice to, not some walking mag light" Sarah added, kinda annoyed her suggestion didn't turn out like she thought.

Pistis nodded, then took her leave. She was in her medical clothes now, walking out of the ship and leaving the hangar. She was scheduled to make her first drop she gave a quick smile and friendly wave to the guards at the gate to let them know she was heading out and to expect her back in a bit. she took a left and headed towards the market district.

She took a piece of paper out and began to write down the details, a brief description of the ship and the fact that the geth was planning something, she cought only a fragment of the conversation, but it was enough to take note of.

Luna woke with a groan. her stomach hurt like a bitch, but she's been hurt worse... well... no... she hasn't. but she's been in worse pain. Standing up, the asari got dressed, more casual clothing than last time. "how long have i been out?" she asked no one, then shook her head. Stumbling out of her room, she could feel her head throbbing to her heartbeat.

Making her way down the hall, she made it to the mess before slumping down into a chair. "i really need to find that damn drell... get her to give me some pain meds..." she said while looking around. a few of the marines were eating there and gave her a few stares.
"Oh bugger off... i had a giant metal rod in me..." she said, then at the sounds of laughter realized what she said. "fuck you! i was impaled through the stomach by some giant... spike... thing..." she said.

Kurash poured himself some more ryncol as Voh told his story. Taking the Sangheili's cup, he smiled after a moment. "I can tell by your tone you don't like these..what you call them? Jyrilhanny?.. but by the Void they sound like they'd be a fun fight."

After throwing the strut for Gaz a few more times, he eyed Voh over. "Just had a thought, how 'bout you and me spar sometime? I you're half as good as I'm beginning to think you are we could have a hell of a match. Fuck, I should see if Aria will PPV it, we'd make a killing. Finishing off what was in his cup, and then the rest of the bottle, he let out a thunderous belch. "Ahhhh....on a slightly different topic, you wouldn't happen to have one of those hammers on your ship would you?" He asked.

Dorion

Dorion quickly look over the information he had on his latest mission. It wasn't much and barely anything. Though he was more curious with the heavily armor human looking soldiers as well as his unknown alien. It seem like a Turian and Krogan had a baby together. If that was even possible. Letting his boss have the intel back as he was done with it anyways.

"If that is all their is, then I shall be off." He said as he smiles and does a slight bow before her. Heading off to where the ship was located. Hoping the blasted geth would help him get in. He really did want to find out more about these people instead of killing them, at least for now anyways.

Voh'Tohia

"Its Jiralhanae. And yes I do hate them very much. They are savages and weren't even worth saving their filthy hides.." He said as he growls at the end. Though killing them was always a pleasure. They certainly slaughter enough of my kin in their surprise attack."

The chat almost seem to be over until Kurash ask a odd question. "Spar with you? Hmmm. I could always use a sparing partner to help me keep in shape. I doubt the Demon or the Imps would want to train with me." Voh said as he thinks it over and then said "Very well Kurash. A sparing match would be most welcome anytime." Once that was taken care of, Kurash ask another question. "I do not believe so, but if we do then the Demon would know. It is his ship after all. Though I would not even touch such a weapon. A disgrace to use in my opinion."

Pistis had reached the medical shop she was looking for, and along with the medical supplies and credits, she dropped off the info as well. Carrying a bag back with her, she found herself unintentionally following a salarian... or more like, she was heading back to the ship and found herself tracing his path in the process. slowing down a bit, she began to stalk him almost, her efforts no obvious, but she could tell he held himself different from the rest of the omegians.

deciding that it was too much a coincidence that they were following the same path, she decided to cover herself by a frontal contact. "Pardon me Sir! Mr. Salarian!" she said, jogging to catch up to the man.
"You seem a bit lost... Might i be able to help you?" the drell asked with a smiling face as she put a hand on his shoulder.

Sarah leaned back a little. "Sounds about right for her current body, but don't be surprised if she 'de-friend-zones' you in favor of something closer when she get a more human body, cause that's the vibe I got from her." The remark caught Gideon by surprise for a moment, and he realised what Sarah was talking about.

"Which hopefully she gets sooner rather then later cause that Geth she's borrowing is ugly, sure she's happy cause its a body an all but she should have something that looks nice to, not some walking mag light."

"Yeah, I'll admit, whilst the Geth platform isn't the most aesthetically pleasing design, it is certainly helping Amaya to get to grips with moving about in a physical form; sort of like training wheels on a bike. And uh, thanks for the heads up Sarah. So how did the mission go for you and the breaching team, anything interesting happen?"

While Dorion was walking towards the ship, he knew someone was either following him or going to the same place he was. Everytime he move out of the way for someone else in his path, he caught a glimpse of the same female Drell behind him. He had his hand hover over his pistol when he heard her shout out "Pardon me Sir! Mr. Salarian! You seem a bit lost... Might i be able to help you?"

Seeing her jog up to him and place a hand on his shoulder. He smiles at her, which even though it look friendly had a errier look to it. "Why of course. It seem I'm looking for a ship. I was contacted to meet up with a Geth to go over what is needed to be done. Though I seem to be lost looking for it." he said.

"So how did the mission go for you and the breaching team, anything interesting happen?"

"Pretty standard for the most part, the only contact was the only interesting bit, guess every one else was already outside" Sarah started "The Captain and I found their Captain, a Krogan, and after a it of shooting, it charged The Captain, which gave me the opening I needed to cut it down with my sword, and I did, cut one of his arms off and severed his spine. He dropped like a sack of rocks" Sarah said as she searched through her data pad for the visual aid she was going to need "Then, he got back up, and kicked me through a wall" showing Gideon a picture of a Krogan Husk "After that i was a little more frantic, but we hit him in a spot that made him burst into flames, or maybe he self destructed, ether way, was definitely interesting." Sarah finished

"Pretty standard for the most part, the only contact was the only interesting bit, guess every one else was already outside. The Captain and I found their Captain, a Krogan, and after a bit of shooting, it charged The Captain, which gave me the opening I needed to cut it down with my sword, and I did, cut one of his arms off and severed his spine. He dropped like a sack of rocks." Sarah said, but she was soon searching for something on the data-pad that she was carrying.

"Then, he got back up, and kicked me through a wall." Sarah then showed a picture of the Krogan in question to Gideon, but it didn't look like the ones he had seen during his own combing of the database; it looked all synthetic, and neither living nor dead, but something in-between.

"After that I was a little more frantic, but we hit him in a spot that made him burst into flames, or maybe he self destructed, ether way, was definitely interesting." She soon finished, which would normally be the point where Gideon would respond, but he was slightly dumbstruck by the picture.

"What the hell... That's like some kind of, cyborg zombie type creature, the kind of thing you'd find in a H.R Giger or H.P Lovecraft novel; an entity created by some sort of ancient being of immeasurable power and conscience. It's a sort of thing that would give a person that has a weaker stomach nightmares. Glad you managed to take that thing down, who knows what damage that thing could of done if it was still skulking about."

"Whilst you were fighting off... that, I was up along one of the catwalks providing sniper support for the defense team; suffice to say I did a good job, and it was one hell of a firefight all around. There appeared to be waves of opposition bearing down on the rest of the group below, and at one point, it looked the team were done for; if it weren't for Erik's leadership, Tau's fire support and drones, Amaya's usage of her own drone, albeit with a case of odd behavior, and Murphy using a forklift I think, as a makeshift explosive. That's not to say I didn't have to face a bit of up close and personal combat myself. It appeared as though a couple of the opposition managed to get up onto the catwalks, so we traded shots for a while, managed to get them in the end."

"Spar with you? Hmmm. I could always use a sparring partner to help me keep in shape. I doubt the Demon or the Imps would want to train with me. Very well Kurash. A sparing match would be most welcome anytime."

"Excellent!" Opening his omni-tool, he sent a few quick messages, and made a few hasty plans. "There, I got us a slot at a place I know. I figure we'll take it off the ship...give us a chance to really test each other."

"I do not believe so, but if we do then the Demon would know. It is his ship after all. Though I would not even touch such a weapon. A disgrace to use in my opinion."

"Hmph, I'll ask him if I get a chance." Getting up, he made his way to where he'd gotten the ryncol from. Rummaging around for a moment, he produced a chunk of raw meat; almost instantly Gaz appeared. "There ya go girl." He said, tossing the meat on the varren. "Well to each their own I guess. The only disgrace for me would be if I was killed by my own weapon."

Voh watch as Kurash sent something on his Omni-tool. Not question it as he knew it was probably something to do with the sparing match. Before Kurash told him that he got them a place to do so when they needed. Simply nodding at Kurash as he watch the Krogan gets up and get a piece of meat.

"Hmph, I'll ask him if I get a chance." He said as he feed the Varren. "Well to each their own I guess. The only disgrace for me would be if I was killed by my own weapon." Voh wouldn't bother trying to change the Kurash mind about it. If he wants to use a savage weapon let him.

Voh wonders if Luna was up from her sleep as he gets up. "Well Kurash, it has been a honor to spend a few drinks with you. Though I should go and check on Luna. Make sure she is feeling well. Thank you for the drinks." he said as he left the Krogan after a exchange of good bye.

Voh enters back into the ship and made his way around. Not bothering in asking about where Luna is at. Finding her within the Mess Hall in one of his stops as he sit down beside her. Most likely most of the jokes and laughing stops once the Sangheili sat down. "How are you feeling Luna? I hope better then yesterday." he said as his eyes seem to be looking her over to see if anything was out of the ordinary.

JASTIS-015

Jastis leaned back in his chair, "Well that sounds great and all, but what about you? Tau your part of the Quarian-Geth alliance, but I don't need to point out the obvious. Outside getting us away from Aria, how will this benefit you? I haven't heard much of your alliance in recent times and it in a way does worry me."

"Just i can feel my pulse in my head voh..." Luna said, her hand resting and massaging one of her temples. "Godess i need those pain killers..." she said, clearly in pain, but not upset by it, more annoyed than anything else. "Don't worry about me too much voh, it's just a dull throb. I've taken bullets that have hurt more." she said to him, clearly suppressing the pain, probably with some asari commando training she received.

"Hmmm.... give me a minute to look up what's where." she said, taking her data slate out and scrolling through it. She read up on the manifesto of ships in and around the station. "The only geth associated ship around would be this one." she said and tilted the slate so that the salarian. "It's a Quarian one named Tashya. You probably know as well as i do that geth rarely run with ships outside of Quarian run ones. It's off station so you'll need a shuttle, but that's probably your best bet." she said, completely truthfully and honestly. she had yet to see tau or amaya, so she wasn't lieing.

Voh'Tohia

Voh nods though he could see she was just merely suppressing her pain, but lets her have it her way. He didn't trust doctors anyways. Bastards make you bleed your blood that was meant for the battlefield. Disrespectful in his opinion but to each their own. He just knows that he would rather die then be help by a doctor. "Very well." he looks around a bit before contining "Your friend Kurash is a good one to talk to. Though his choice of drinks is...very poor." He said as he thought he can still feel the burning effects within his throat. "Though he is good to swap some war stories with."

Dorion

"Hmm I do not think that is the ship. I was told it would be a human vessel with a Geth on board." He didn't want to give to much away. He knew the mysterious ship was a big talk but knew not many people know it is here right now. Aria been keeping that secret guarded as well as she can he knew that. "Thank you for your help but I think I can find it on my own." He said as he was about to go on his way. He had a job to do and didn't have time to chat.

"It's called a 'Husk', so near as I've been able to find. Turns out they had they're own problem with ancient hostile aliens. The Reapers, kind of a lame name, but then, not like The Flood is any better." Sarah said with a shrug as she dug up the info she saw earlier about the Dragons Teeth "Anyway, lame naming aside, these guys where purely mechanical, and used these" Handing Gideon the data pad with the Dragons Teeth qued up "To turn people into cyborg zombies. The problem with the one we fought, it didn't act like a zombie, it was totally coherent." Sarah said, then listened to Gideon as he talked about how things went outside.

It made her frown. "Ryan was right, we did just get lucky, we'll need to do a lot better next time or we'll lose some one."

"I haven't heard much of your alliance in recent times and it in a way does worry me."

"It is difficult to display convincing proof of the Alliance while we are currently pressed into Crimelord Aria's arrangement. It would be much easier to provide evidence of the Alliance's arrangment being statistically better if the Blade free of its current attachment to Omega." Tau paused as he refocused his panels, thinking of something the human could ponder over once the conversation is done.

"I hold the conclusion that it is better for the Blade to be free of all organizational relations than to continue to be in Crimelord Aria's possession, though I will not disguise my obvious desire for you to join with the Quarian-Geth Alliance."

"It's called a 'Husk', so near as I've been able to find. Turns out they had they're own problem with ancient hostile aliens. The Reapers, kind of a lame name, but then, not like The Flood is any better." Sarah said with a shrug as she then set about finding some more information about these Husks.

"Anyway, lame naming aside, these guys where purely mechanical, and used these..." Sarah then handed Gideon the data-pad, as what looked like a series of metal spear like objects came up on screen. "To turn people into cyborg zombies. The problem with the one we fought, it didn't act like a zombie, it was totally coherent."

"Damn, and here I thought how someone got turned into a Flood was morbid, not to mention creepy as hell. Looks like fighting against ancient beings or some piece of advanced technology is another thing that we share with this place." Gideon remarked whilst he leafed through the info. "I hope no one got impaled on one of these Teeth, though I'd hate to see the process of transformation first hand."

"Ryan was right, we did just get lucky, we'll need to do a lot better next time or we'll lose some one."

"Yeah, it was a tough fight out there, I'm glad everyone got out of there alive, and your right, either we need to brush up on the tactics of this place, or invest in some of this universe's weapons technology, you know what they say, fight fire with fire and all that. I mean sure, our homegrown stuff managed to win us this round, but how long is it going to last?" Gideon asked rhetorically.

"I mean sure, our homegrown stuff managed to win us this round, but how long is it going to last?"

"Not long enough, we might have plenty of gear an ammo right now, but I don't think waiting till we're almost out to swap over is a good idea." Sarah answered, from Gideon's tone she figured she didn't need to, but felt the need to anyway. "Anyway, I have a personal matter I need to see to" Sarah said, getting up again and taking her pad back "It's been a good talk, we should do it again some time" she added and with that headed back to the ship.

As she head down the halls to Murphy's room she looked up this 'Shave and a Hair cut' thing he mentioned, and when she did arrive at his room, knocked on the door to it's tune. Once inside she gave the shirtless Op a whistle and sat down next to him. "So, how you feeling?"

"he was an asshole. sure he know's how to fight, but that's all we did outside of bed. it was an on/off thing that i was never too seriously involved with." she said, shuddering at the memories. The asari was friendly with the krogan, enough to work and have conversations with, but during their relationships, it was littered with allot of anger and yelling, and when that wasn't happening, the relationship was rather like Dr. Cox's relationship. "he also had a horrible taste in alcohol, so i'm not surprised you don't like it either.

"But how are you Voh? you seem... well... in a bit better of a mood compared to the usual."

"Well, sorry i wasn't able to help you. I wish you luck in finding your ship." she said, giving him a respectful little bow and walked off. She continued down the street before heading into the hangar, giving a quick smile to the guards at the door.

heading to the salarian's station, she dropped off the medical supplies. "here, this should fill in the gaps in our inventory." she said with a smile.

"Thank you Miss Phonoi. You're better than advertised. Quick, efficient and reliable." said the salarian.

"Thanks, i'll be in the cafeteria on the ship, getting somethign to eat if you need me." she said to them and took off to the mess.

She found Voh and luna sitting there, but decided to just take a seat and grab food.

Voh'Tohia

"Sounds like you two never got along. Odd to see you so friendly with each other." Voh notice as he found it odd. Though left it at that as he heard her ask how he was doing. "It is true, that I am in a better mood. It was good to talk with a fellow warrior again and not to be judge like the humans do." Voh said.

"Also remind me to get some form of alcohol when I chat again with Kurash. His is disgusting and to strong with my taste. I rather not get so drunk that I make a fool of myself." He notice the drell female walking into the mess hall, as she grab food for herself before she sat down near them.

Dorion

Dorion smile as they said goodbye to each other. Going on the same path as he was before as he notice they were headed in the same direction. Chuckling at the irony of it all as he waits for her to get inside. After a few minutes he walks up to the gaurds. Stopping infront of them as he clear his throat. "Hello there. My name is Dorion, I need to talk to a certain geth on board. He told me to meet him here. Could one of you prehaps get his attention and bring him down here. I have something important to discuss with him."

Luna listened to Voh, enjoying his company. "I could reccomend a number of alcohols that aren't girly thing, but stuff that tastes good and give a kick." She said, trying to think through the pain and pulses. Her head pain was slowly spreading to the rest of her body, but she was still suppressing it, only a wince here and there.
"Hey, Voh? I know your culture doesn't focus much on family as an aspect in life in order to retain honor through personal triumph, but have you ever considered having an actual family? Raising your own flesh and blood and giving them your skills?" She asked, a legitimate question for him. The Asari was curious to his thoughts on the subject, considering the trAdition of a father never raising their own child.

Voh didn't know their were 'girly' alcohols but then again he never tasted other aliens drinks. He could see she was in pain but if she could handle it he would let her be. If he was feeling such pain he would deal with it like she is. A mark of a true warrior in his opinion. Though when she ask the same question once more about family, he went into a deep thought.

He wasn't fully sure himself. Sangheili did have a family though swordsmen like himself never stay to raise their children. Not that they didn't want to, but it would let the child grow up so they did not have a ego due to their bloodlines. Which is why his kin would raise the child.

Taking a deep breath as he starts to speak. "I do, though it is a tradition to do a Sangheili way. At least if the father was a swordsmen like me, but if you want my own opinion then yes. I would want to raise my own child and make sure the skills I obtain are transfer over to the child." Though with that thought he would have to make sure the child is put through extra training to weed out any ego that would be form with the child mind.

Luna smiled, that was a warm feeling. Hearing that even with his culture, he did want to be a parent and actually raise a child of his own blood. "That's good. I can't imagine what it was like to never have a family to begin with, but my mothers had me and left me to a school after I was so many years old. It hurt for them to send me away, though I know they did it out if love, that doesn't changed the fact it hurt. How was your childhood? How were those who raised you?" She asked, curious to his own origins.

Voh smile just a little as she ask him about his upbringing. "Ah..I was raise with the rest of the household children by our uncle." He said, remembering his mentor with a fond memory. "He was a good teacher and a fair one. No one got any special treatment as we were all treated fairly." Remembering how tired he was after the long days of training to the bone."Every day was training, in both body and mind. Their were a few days where we rested, though even then their was a lesson to be learn."

Voh said as he remembers. "On the day I fully became a warrior, I never seen him more proud when we last saw him. " Smiling at the thought of his old mentor. "He was a great warrior and wanted to see the next generation be the fines warriors ever. I was honor to have him as a teacher." He said with a bit of saddness in his tone. "I saw him once more as he was part of the same force to assault earth. Though we weren't working together. I was SpecOps and he was on the frontlines leading." he said as he remembers hearing the news first off. After killing Sarah's brothers and father. Hearing about how to watch out for the Jiralhanae that were attacking them. Most of the Sangheili were already wipe out besides a few pockets left.

He was one of the few lucky ones, his uncle was not. "While I was off on a mission, my uncle was leading a force into the city. It was there a second task force appear, and it seem to give us reinforcements. But it was all a lie. It was a start of the Great Schism. Our leader, the Prophet of Truth sent the Jiralhanae to kill us off. It work for the most part, beside a few warriors that got the message about the betryal. " Voh continue as he added "Though for my uncle it was to late. His forces were the first to be hit by the bastards." He said, not wanting to say anything more. It was best left unsaid what happen when the Jiralhanae attacks.

JASTIS-015

Join the Quarian-Geth Alliance? Not a chance, Jastis thought to himself. Although otherwise everything else sounded reasonable. However their priority was getting back to their own dimension, and not to stick around here. They're needed back home, and he wouldn't let down the UNSC. Never.

"Well I don't know about that joining part, remember we're just trying to get back home... But this is another topic for another time. You say with this information we can strike first, so lay it out. Where does it go down and how soon can we get to work?"

Erik

Erik woke with a snort, momentarily confused about where he was. Closing his eyes for a moment, he waited for his brain to catch up with his body. He'd been lying in his bunk, reading as much background information as he could. "Damn, must'a nodded off."

Getting up, he threw on a pair of sweat pants and headed for the Mess, taking the data pad with him. As he entered the Mess, he had to stop and shake his head when he saw Voh, Luna, and off by herself, Pistis. Fuck, between those three, the beach ball, the geckos AND that big fucker, we've got a goddamned zoo on board. Amused by the sheer absurdity of it all, he laughed quietly to himself while he grabbed a coffee. Drink in hand; he slid into a nearby seat to resume reading.

Kurash

Kurash was still relaxing in his 'office', another bottle of ryncol in one hand, the latest Fornax in the other, and Gaz sleeping at his feet. All-in-all, not a bad day. He was in the middle of an article, when his omni-tool beeped at him. One of the things he'd gotten set up while he was still enroute to the Blade, was the set up of a handful of sensor remotes to cover the station side entrance to its hanger. These human struck him as quite competent, but they were totally out of their element.

Now, one of the remotes was showing a Salarian at the gate, talking to the guard. Now who are you? Getting a half decent scan of his face, Kurash ran it. Surprisingly enough, the search kicked back information rather quickly. Lets see here. Dorion...no known last name, ex-STG...not really surprising, possible Shadow Broker agent...interesting, but not overly surprising all things considered.

Without taking his eyes off the display, he set his drink and magazine aside, and poked Gaz with a foot. A few gruff commands in his own tongue sent the varren trotting out to the hanger entrance. Once she was there, she sat down a little bit behind the humans and watched.

"So, how you feeling?"

Sarah asked as she sat down next to Murphy.

"Eh, about like shit, but I just took meds, so I'll be alright." His hand gestured to the ziploc bags filled with pills that lay on a box near the bed. Each one had the dispensary information on a sticker that was haphazardly placed on the bag. Murphy always laughed about how the military ran what amounted to a street pharmacy.

"How's you?" he asked, placing his hand on Sarah's leg, squeezing gently.

"Eh, about like shit, but I just took meds, so I'll be alright." Murphy replied and motioned to the pile of bags on a box near the bed. Sarah giggled "Well, that's what happens when you use a forklift as an IED" and placed her hand on his "I'm fine, I was wondering though, with everything that's happened, and the likely hood of getting back, slim to nill, I was wondering what you had in mind, in general, but with me specifically." she asked, getting right to the point, though there was some uncertainty hidden in her voice, like she was still processing something and not sure of the answer.

Luna was sorry to hear about Voh. "Voh... i'm sorry that you had to deal with that. Losing someone is never easy, even for the most battle hardened warrior." she commented. "i remember a few blind rages i had and lost people i cared about at my own hands. it hurts." she said, but idn't want to dwell on the unhappy memories. "But us asari have a saying, 'Don't think of the short time you had, look at and remember the time you did spend with them. cherish those moments.' It's because we live such long lives that we usually outlive our partners and friends, then have to deal with their passings. That's why we love the time we spend with them." she commented to voh, smiling softly at him.

Voh nods at her comments, seeing her smile seem to cheer him up somewhat. "Worry not Luna, I have already mourn for my uncle and my fallen brothers. As well slaughter the savages who did so. My only wish was to see the Arbiter's sword cutting down the Prophet of Truth."

After that Voh decide to head back to her oringal question. "To tell you more of my childhood. I did know I have a brother." he said, wondering how he reaction would have been. "Always taking the lead in our group. Forming plans of attack and how to quickly counter-act. " Voh chuckle lightly at the memory. "We form a unbrokeable bond though sadly we each had different paths in our minds." Voh commented. "While I took to the stealth side of fighting. He decide to join the fleet."

Voh remembers their parting day. Wishing each other good fortunate in desire pathways. "Do have any siblings Luna?" He ask about her family and such. Wanting to hear from her since she said she was sent to a school at a young age. "Or did you form a blood-bond with the other students." Voh always wonder if other races did so. Working with your fellow warriors and forming a bond with them that seem as if they were your true family.

Wishing he could do this one more, but he knew it was impossible in his current condition. He was surrounded by humans mostly at the moment. Their was still bad blood between the two sides and Voh holds no illusion about it. His race was used to kill billions of their kind. He doubt any sort of bond could be form within his life time. Though it was different with Luna.

He could tell from the way her eyes look, and from her stories about their 'Reaper war' that she was a warrior as well. Different, small and looks of innocent. Though just like how humans prove to be stubborn then a hunter, he was sure Luna and her race could do the same. Which is one of the reasons can feel a connection with her. Perhaps not in a lover one, but a Comradeship he had with his fellow soldiers.

"Where does it go down and how soon can we get to work?"

Tau was going to correct Jastis' incorrect assumption about Tau's end goal, but the spartan didn't not appear to want to dwell on the topic. So, Tau nodded as be brought up a small hologram of a large-interstellar freighter. "This is TSS 840, the Flotsam, she will arrive in Omega space at 0900 hours, two days from now. It must be boarded before it docks with the station, as it contains both information and materials that can be...misused if under the control of criminal elements."

Tau appeared to be ready to display more information, but one of men stationed at the entrance to the hangar sent a call directed to the Captain. "Sir? Someone just arrived at the hangar, says he's here for that robot that keeps walking around. What should we do with him?"

Tau blinked as he quickly calulated that the guard was referring to him. Chance of unknown being Shadow Broker Agent: 92%.

"I'm fine, I was wondering though, with everything that's happened, and the likely hood of getting back, slim to nill, I was wondering what you had in mind, in general, but with me specifically."

Her hand was on Murphy's, resting softly.

"What do I have in mind in general? Titties, beer, blowing shit up. What do I have in mind with you? Titties, beer, blowing shit up." He cracked a smile as he said this.

"If you're asking if I want to go steady, well, I think Jastis has made the UCMJ null and void at this point, so we don't have to worry about that bullshit anymore." Murphy grew serious, his hand turning over, lightly gripping Sarah's, "But if we're going to do this, you need to know that when I say I have to go, I have to go. If I have to go on blackout for a while, I have to go on blackout for a while. And what I do, you're not going to be a part of. Direct action, sure. Kiss, kiss, bang, bang, fuck, fuck. But I don't want you getting involved on the ops side."

His tone relaxed, and he pushed himself up on the bed.

"So let's do it, shall we?"

"Not long enough, we might have plenty of gear an ammo right now, but I don't think waiting till we're almost out to swap over is a good idea." Sarah answered, despite the fact that the tone of the question didn't warrant an answer, but he was welcome to hear an opinion. "Anyway, I have a personal matter I need to see to." Sarah said, getting up from the storage crate and taking her pad back "It's been a good talk, we should do it again some time." She added and soon headed back towards the ship.

"Yeah, it's been fun Sarah, and your right; we should talk again at some point, perhaps over a drink." Gideon said with a smirk as he leaned back on another crate and watched the workers carry on with the maintenance. A little while later and he soon grew bored.

Standing up and giving his arms a stretch he headed back towards the ship, on the way, he noticed a Salarian talking to two guards that were posted outside the ship, asking about a Geth that was stationed here, which must have meant he was referring to Tau. Something about him didn't feel right to Gideon, but he couldn't quite passed his finger on it, so he simply headed into the Blade proper.

On his way through, he could overhear voices coming from one of the crew quarters, one of them he could make out to be Sarah's, but the other he wasn't so sure about. The topic of conversation appeared to be somewhat private, and didn't want to intrude, so he simply moved along.

Arriving back at his quarters, Gideon picked up the pad he was using earlier from off his bed and sat down on the bed itself. Trying to find something to occupy his time with, he thought he'd ask Amaya if she needed help with something, curious to see if the Geth platform could receive messages.

"What do I have in mind in general? Titties, beer, blowing shit up. What do I have in mind with you? Titties, beer, blowing shit up." Murphy cracked a smile as he said this and continued.

"If you're asking if I want to go steady, well, I think Jastis has made the UCMJ null and void at this point, so we don't have to worry about that bullshit anymore, But if we're going to do this, you need to know that when I say I have to go, I have to go. If I have to go on blackout for a while, I have to go on blackout for a while. And what I do, you're not going to be a part of. Direct action, sure. Kiss, kiss, bang, bang, fuck, fuck. But I don't want you getting involved on the ops side."

Sarah was surprised by Murphy's reply. That was not what she was expecting to hear, in fact she was expecting something along the lines of 'friends with benefits', and in his trade make smart manner. So she sat there, the initial surprise wearing off as she listen to him say his piece.

"So let's do it, shall we?"

Sarah thought about this turn for a bit, Murphy had been dead serious when he said he would go steady with her, something she found surprising what with how much of a smart ass he was most the time. She looked at his hand, it gripping hers in way she liked "Not that I'm opposed to the idea, but I'm thinking we should probably date and generally get to know each other better first, cause that was totally not the answer I was expecting to hear."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked