Halo Effect V2 (Cross Over) Main Thread (Sign ups still open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . . . 36 NEXT

When Voh asked luna about those she grew up with, he could immediately see regret come to the asari's eyes. "I..." she began, trying to look at him, but let her head hang low in sadness. "never was able to form any bonds with them... They always mocked me for my blood, this one girl wanted to be my friend, but they drove her back as well." she said, but then he could tell she was dragging up memories that she had long forgoten.
"I snapped one day. I woke up about a week later in a hospital room, not remembering anything. Slowly over tiem i had flashbacks to the blank period and remember walking along and casually slaughtered the other girls and teachers at the training school..." she said, trying to stare off into a corner of the room.

"You're the first person i've met in 50- years that i've let get really friendly with my and close outside of aria. It's because i'm afraid to lose friends." she aditted to him.

YOU GOT MAIL!
popped up in amaya's system. She quickly read it over while tightening nuts and bolts on the engine she was rebuilding. finishing what she was doing, the A.I. delightfully wrote up a response to gideon.

When Voh saw her eyes fill with regret, he knew he made a mistake in asking. Letting her finish her story fully this time around as he always wonder what happen to her before to make her do such things. Wondering why someone blood would be worth making fun of. When he was about to ask her about it, she spoke up about him being the first person in fifty years to be friendly with beside Aria.

He wasn't sure what to say to that. Not many other aliens like the Sangheili beside the mgalekgolo who share their War Poems. Thinking it over as he finally said "It's been a honor to get to know you Luna. Not many other races like to talk with a Sangheili. Though they have good reasons not to. We have become to prideful when we were within the Covenant. Though not to change the subject, but I have been wondering. What was wrong with your blood to make others feel as if they could judge you?"

YOU GOT MAIL! Flashed up on the data-pad a minute or two after Gideon sent his message, and read the response from Amaya.

"Well, I've got some time to kill, may as well see what use I can be down in engineering then." Gideon remarked as he got up from off the bed and placed the data-pad on the desk that was close by. Grabbing a spare pair of gloves from the draw and putting them on, Gideon left his room and headed down towards Engineering. A minute or so later, he arrived in the Engineering section, and passed through the automatic doors; and found Amaya tightening a few nuts and bolts.

"Here I am Amaya, so what needs some help then?"

"Not that I'm opposed to the idea, but I'm thinking we should probably date and generally get to know each other better first, cause that was totally not the answer I was expecting to hear."

Murphy laughed out loud at this. He knew it was a shock that he could take things other than combat seriously.

"Well, it's a deal. We'll shoot people, then go on ice cream dates. How's that sound?"

"Well, it's a deal. We'll shoot people, then go on ice cream dates. How's that sound?"

"It's date then, bonus points if we hit an ice cream joint in full combat gear" Sarah snicked in reply. "Also, donno if you noticed, but I'm not really a 'black ops' type, I'm more a 'kick the door off it's hinges' type. So probably for the best I stay out of that stuff you do." She added with a giggle and a smirk.

JASTIS-015

Two days from now? That's quite a bit of down time... Damn, he thought to himself. He was going to ask exactly how they would board it before it docked in but then a call came in to inform Jastis that a new individual has arrived to the hanger, but no other details given.

Jastis looked towards Tau, "Is this person a friend of yours? Seems everyone's 'friends' keep coming in the droves. So want me to let him in or should I tell them to leave?"

Tau refocused his panels once more as he calculated the probability of a retaliation if he used this opportunity to turn the Shadow Broker's negotiator away. Eventually he came to the conclusion that it was in his own best interests to have someone that was one his side, if only for now. With a curt nod, Tau finally answered. "Yes, allow him entrance, he is to be my assistant in protecting my part of our agreement with Crimelord Aria. I originally did not think it was necessary, but then the Krogan arrived."

JASTIS-015

So an ally of the robot? Interesting, I will have to meet this person. Although I am curious as to what this "protection" he is referring to, Jastis thought and then replied to the call. "Allow him entrance and please direct him to my cabin."

While Dorion was waiting, he saw a varren walk up to the guards and sat down. Watching him closely it seems. Dorion sigh at this, must be a Krogan around. Though he didn't have to worry to much when the guards got some of response. Didn't hear what was said but he was could head in. Once the guards told where to go to meet the Captain he bid them farewell and went inside. 'Should be interesting. Following the directions the guards gave him as he made his way inside. Looking at the ship as he found it odd, yet interesting, wondering who built it.

After a while he reach the said cabin. Finding some of the crew oddly dress. Wondering who these people are and who they work for. He knock once to let whoever inside know he was here. After hearing a come in, he walks within the room. Finding the Geth and then he saw the Captain. His eyes widen a bit in surprise but went back to normal as he try to kept himself under check.

He never seen a human that tall yet. He would have to make sure he word his next words carefully. "Hello there, my name is Dorion." He said as he walks over, holding out a hand to the Captain. Keeping a eye on the large human in case he does something. He knew that both his boss and the Shadow Broker will want to hear about this.

"Also, donno if you noticed, but I'm not really a 'black ops' type, I'm more a 'kick the door off it's hinges' type. So probably for the best I stay out of that stuff you do."

Sarah was giggling as she said this. Murphy shifted jaw slightly as he spoke.

"Yeah, I noticed that about most everybody on here. And they're too damn trusting."

"Yeah, I noticed that about most everybody on here. And they're too damn trusting."

"You mean with all the new aliens we're alining with?" Sarah sighed and leans back "Bunch of bloody vultures is all they are, but I'm more worried about Amaya trusting the Geth that I am about the Captain fully trusting ether side." She added. "Ether way, the sooner we break away from all of them the better."

Amaya put down the screw driver and the wrench to face Gideon. Her geth unit was rather clean despite the messy environment. "Ah, well, I've been doing reverse engineering on the technology of this universe and FTL and in system transportation is heavily based on these engines and cores that use an element called "element zero." And is rather exciting to study. It is allot more powerful and efficient Han our curuent fuel systems and with the right tools, I might be able to locate and begin to locate and harvest it in our universe. We've just never looked for it to begin with, so how would we be able to find it?" She asked rhetorically.
"If you'd be willing to help, I would love a set of hands to work on a hybrid engine of our fuel sources and e-zero to power this drone or drop ship as I might be changing it to. As our pelicans won't be able to run on our current fuel indefinitely." The robot said, thankful he couldn't see he blushing right now.

"Asari have a gift in the world Voh. We're able to bear young with any species and any gender we so choose to. It is culturally accepted that having a "father" so to speak, of a different race is the norm because you're ringing fresh DNA into the species's blood lines. However, my parents were both Asari and I'm culturally considered a waste of a birth. That and those with Pure Asari blood tend to be born with a defect in their genes making them an ardat yakshi. Or in terms you can understand, an Asari who meld with minds and leaves them blank and just shell or corpse of a person. Each time they meld, they have a need that grows more and more to meld again, and each time they do so, they become a stronger biotic." She explained, a bit of remorse in her voice for those in her race who were stuc that way.
"I was lucky and didn't turn out like that. That still didn't stop them for mocking me because I'm a pure blood." She said thankfully.

Listening to Luna as she talks about her own race abilities. Hearing about why she was pick on, though finding the reason pathetic. The main worry they would have a right to judge would have to be this 'ardat yakshi' being born. Once she finish he said "I'm sorry you had to suffer due to that. It seem like a pathetic way to treat someone due to their parents choosing who to be with." Deep down though, he knew he and his race probably be the same towards them. At least, not judging by their bloodline, but seeing the ardat yakshi as a threat.

"Ah, well, I've been doing reverse engineering on the technology of this universe and FTL and in system transportation is heavily based on these engines and cores that use an element called 'Element Zero', and is rather exciting to study. It is allot more powerful and efficient than our current fuel systems and with the right tools, I might be able to locate and begin to locate and harvest it in our universe. We've just never looked for it to begin with, so how would we be able to find it?" Amaya asked rhetorically.

"If you'd be willing to help, I would love a set of hands to work on a hybrid engine of our fuel sources and e-zero to power this drone or drop ship as I might be changing it to. As our pelicans won't be able to run on our current fuel indefinitely."

"Of course I'd be willing to help you Amaya, I mean it is why I cam down here. Element Zero you say? I think I remember reading something about that. It's basically the material that allows most of the advanced systems of this universe to function, especially the faster than light drives, or FTL as you mentioned. And it's a contributing factor to the creation of Biotic individuals." Gideon said as he walked closer towards the engine that Amaya was working on, taking a moment to look over her work.

"This stuff must be interesting if it's sending your heart aflutter. So, what can I help with first?"

"element zero is rather toxic to humans if exposed in high volumes, so i'm going to need you to get into one of the hazmat suit over in that closet." Amaya said to gideon, pointing to a cabinet in the corner of the room. inside it were rather close fitting hazmat suits, not like the large dome headed ones of old.
"After that, we're going to be cracking open this tiny core i salvaged. I want to extract a tiny amount of the element and see how it reacts with our fuel. It'll only be a couple of atoms of E-zero, so we won't blow up the hangar. Sounds good eon?" she asked him.

"Yeah... I didn't get much choice in my parents, so here i am. But i'm thankful i'm not one of them. That's something i'm greatful for. but i guess all the poking and laughing has made me strong, even if unpredictable when i'm emotional." she said to him, letting herself think for a moment.
"Our races aren't that different. We each have high sets of honor. Even if the ones who make the most waves in my race publicly are the strippers and sex icons, we're proud of our heritage and the ability to be considered a leader among the races. You are a part of a fine race of warriors on the other hand, a high sense of nobility and honor are almost literally running through your veins. different in values, but similar in our core." she commented.

"Very true, though your race never try to kill off a whole species have they?" he ask. "What you do say is true about both of our races but mine was fool for so long to believe we were on the right path to something greater. As if the gods themselves gave us this task. All of it to be a lie." He shook his head. "And now we have to deal with the traitorous leader Jul'mdama and his ilk." He sighs and continues "Though for now we cannot worry about that. At least while we are stuck here in this universe."

It was quiet for a moment before he had a thought. While at the club he did see quite a bit of Asari strippers as well as other woman of the other races wearing revealing outfits. As well as a moment ago he heard Luna say that her race was mostly known for being strippers and sex symbols. He wonder why they would put themselves through that, his race female didn't. "Luna I must ask. Why does it seem you asari and the other races females wear such revealing clothing or strip at these sort of clubs?"

Seeing first hand how the other races had 'fun' was a bit odd. Women of his race normally train with the males, though they do not go into the military. The reason is so if they fail, the woman can defend the home planets from invaders. As well as anything sexual was mostly save for the bedroom. Not open for display like a lot of thers seem to show.

"Element Zero is rather toxic to humans if exposed in high volumes, so I'm going to need you to get into one of the Hazmat Suits over in that closet." Amaya said, pointing out a closest in the corner of the room to Gideon, and next to that was a changing room.

"After that, we're going to be cracking open this tiny core I salvaged. I want to extract a tiny amount of the element and see how it reacts with our fuel. It'll only be a couple of atoms of E-zero, so we won't blow up the hangar. Sounds good Eon?" She then asked.

"Good enough for me, I'll be right back." Gideon said as he went off to grab a suit, boots, and helmet from the closet and headed into one of the changing cubicles, shutting and locking the door behind him. This gave him a chance to unfold and examine the main body of the suit.

"Well, isn't this rather form fitting Gideon, certainly a change from the old suits, those were quite open, allowed a fair bit of room for maneuver. Let's hope this isn't too tight." Gideon said quietly with a small smirk as he stripped off down to his boxers and then slid on the suit first, followed by the boots and helmet. Luckily for him, the gloves of the suit allowed him to retain a certain amount of grip, which meant he could fold his clothes and lay them on the bench for later.

Double checking to see if everything was properly in line and comfortable, Gideon unlocked the door and stepped out.

"Ether way, the sooner we break away from all of them the better."

Murphy didn't reply, instead just running his hand across Sarah's back, feeling the curves of her body. They were going to have to learn to exist in this world - a world without constant war. With the exception of Amaya, the crew of the Blade had been engaging in combat for the majority of their adult lives. Now, there was a place to rest. Murphy wondered if they had become too wicked to rest.

"A number of different reasons Voh."Luna said with a sigh, thankfully the talk helping distract her from the pain. "Some do it for the money, others do it because they enjoy the attention. Other for reasons only they know." She said with a shrug, not caring about them. "Asari are very energetic with youth, wanting to explore and experience things. There are a few exceptions, but you'll never find an Asari stripper over 250 years old and most of those in the military are young as well. We usually settle down during the middle of our lives and become community learns at the End our lives, when we're closer to our big 1000." She explained to Voh. "There are terms, but I can't be assed to remember them.

Gideon noticed that the suit was not restrictive at all, despite all the padding, the plates and shielding for the radiation, he could move around as freely as if he was just wearing casual clothes. "These suits are much better than their larger predecessors, far more precision and also lets your receive and readouts or info I might need to send to you." Amaya said to him. She pulled out what looked like a bowling ball with a handle on it.

"Ok, if you being to feel different or strange at all, let me know and head into the back room immediately. I'm confident in the suits abilities, but this is still first exposure to the element anyone from our universe has had." She explained to eon and hit a few buttons on the holographic display. The case cracked open along one of the seams in it and bathed a portion of the room in a white light. Lifting the handle up, the ball was departed in half horizontally, the upper portion raising and exposing the bright e-zero core.
"Wow... Even trough these optical sensors, it's amazing to look at..." She awed over the core.

Voh found the reasoning odd in his opinion. "Very odd for a race to be consider very wise. Though the young are very foolish. Our young try to impress their commanders in battle though doing so they put themselves and their comrades in danger. Not the same between our races but given our different culture and such it seems appropriate."

It then hit him that she said asari live over a 1000 years. Finding that amazing for a race to live that long. "Did you say Asari live for 1000 years? Astounding, not even in our galaxy have a race live that long. Most Sangheili live for 250."

"It's wanderlust in the young ones." She said shrugging. "But I'm only 174, still looked down as a kid, only a teenager in human terms. But krogan also have a similar lifespan to us. The final stage our lives is called the matriarch stage. We're considered some of the most wise and intelligent beings in the galaxy at that stage of their life." She finished.

"These suits are much better than their larger predecessors, far more precision and also lets your receive and readouts or info I might need to send to you." Amaya said to him, she hen pulled out a bowling ball shaped device with a handle on it; that must have contained the sample of Element Zero which she had acquired.

"Ok, if you being to feel different or strange at all, let me know and head into the back room immediately. I'm confident in the suits abilities, but this is still first exposure to the element anyone from our universe has had." Amaya explained, then tapped a few buttons on the nearby holographic display, and the case soon cracked along one of the seems, bathing the area in an eerie white light. Gideon had to put a hand in front of his face to cover up the blinding effect it had.

As Amaya lifted the handle up, the container split in half horizontally, revealing a bright Element Zero core.

"Wow... Even trough these optical sensors, it's amazing to look at..."

"Yeah, it's pretty in its own way. Just how did you acquire this exactly?" Gideon asked, curious to find out.

"Interesting. To be over a hundred and still view as a child." He chuckle lightly. "I assume since you went to school at a early age you couldn't act like that. Or is Asari training more different then Sangheili ones?" Not sure if they have them breaks during the seasons or not.

JASTIS-015

He watched as the Salarian, Dorion, stepped into the cabin and stretched out his hand after introducing himself. Jastis hesitant at first but then shook the aliens hand gentle as if not to snap it in half. Jastis then spoke, "I'm Captain Jastis-015. I was informed by Tau," he said and gestured over to the Geth. "To let you aboard my ship, he told me you're to aid him in protecting his part of the agreement with Aria. Might you elaborate upon this fact?"

"we were given allot of freedom, but when it came time to train, we were serious about it. Unfortunately... i killed everyone at the first school i went to..." She explained, the regret surfacing again. "if you want me to voh... i'll share the memories with you. but i lost it... something inside me snapped... all the taunting..." she said, looking downwards. Hate, anger, sadness, confusion and regret, even remorse, all of them showing up in her appearance.

"I salvaged it off of Luna's ship when i got my body." She explained to him, and retreived a rather odd looking device. It had a tiny black tube attached to a flask with some wiring and a holographic display over it. She pressed it into the core, a couple of specks of light traveling into the flask.

"Hey, Eon. Get some fuel ready in the other flask." she pointed to the work table. Meanwhile, the geth unit sealed up the core after a few specks of light flew into the flask. "Good, i got what i need." she said, examining it.

Kurash

From the door to his shanty, Kurash watched the new salarian board the Blade, before sending a message to Aria. The reply he got a few minutes later was unsurprising, but disappointing; with a grunt of displeasure he sent another message to Luna.

Hey Azzie,

We seem to have acquired another salarian, ex-STG and most likely an agent for SB...no real surprise there. Boss doesn't want me to stuff him out an airlock just yet unfortunately; we're just supposed to keep an eye on him for now, and make sure he doesn't convince these humans to bail on us or anything. Just giving you a heads up.

Kurash
PS: Your new boytoy seems nice enough, if a little reserved. Can't wait to see him in a fight though.

Sarah felt Murphy's hand on her back, in lue of any other reply, it felt nice so she let him continue. "Whats on your mind?" she asked, Murphy having a look like he was thinking about something.

Voh'Tohia

Voh thought about it as he look upon Luna. Seeing her in a lot of pain from the past as he nods. Believing it might help her in her state to share her memories. "If I remember correctly, you said that we each can share memories. Is their anything of my memory that you would like to see?" He ask as he leans forward so she can do the mind meld.

Dorion

While he listen to the Captain, his thoughts were going crazy with questions. Strange armor haven't heard anything from old contacts about humans investing into more advance armor nor any race of matter of fact. Name follow by number, wonder what it means. How many of his type of 'soldier' are their?

"Fascinating" he said to himself as he let go. "Ah sorry, lost in thought. To just put it simply I'm just here to make sure things go smoothly. Being a ex-STG should be enough to know about my skills in combat Captain Jastis." he said in the fast pace Salarians are known for. Not fully knowing that Jastis isn't from around here as well as the crew.

"I salvaged it off of Luna's ship when i got my body." Amaya said to him as she then produced a strange little device; it was a small black length of tubing that was attached to a flask with some wiring and a small holographic display. She then pressed the tube into the core, and a few small specks of light traveled along the tube and into the flask.

"Hey, Eon. Get some fuel ready in the other flask." Amaya said, pointing out a nearby worktable.

"Yes ma'am." Gideon said with a smirk as he went over to the table which had a device similar to the one that Amaya just used, along with some fuel. He carefully performed the procedure, and watched as a small amount of the fuel enter the flask.

"Good, I got what I need." He could hear Amaya say.

"Right on time as well, I got the fuel all prepared." Gideon said as he walked back over.

JASTIS-015

Jastis looked towards Tau, "Well he's certainly a fast talker. I don't know much about the STG, but I will take your word for it if just for Tau's recommendation. Anyway are you going to stay aboard the ship? If so we will have some grounds rules for you to follow as every xeno on the ship does."

"Whats on your mind?"

Murphy took a beat before replying.

"Do you ever think about getting out? Not being a soldier anymore?" He asked. "I mean, hell, this is a brand-new universe. We can go do whatever the fuck we want."

"Do you ever think about getting out? Not being a soldier anymore? I mean, hell, this is a brand-new universe. We can go do whatever the fuck we want." Murphy asked in reply, though, she was oddly not that surprised by it.

"No, or, not yet, rather. I've only been in for like, four years, and half of that has been training. So getting out hasn't really crossed my mind, at least not yet anyway. Ask me again in a few years, we'll see then, but I've questioned weather or not becoming a Spartan was really a good idea in the long run or no though. Jury's still out on that one." Sarah started "I have no plans on doing this forever though, I would like to start a family of my own someday, here, or back home doesn't matter, so long as it happens."

"Don't know about the STG? Ha very first time I heard that." He said with a small chuckle. "To answer your question about where my location will be. I have a apartment nearby so I'll be staying there for now. Though I won't mind hearing the rules in case for some reason I do need to stay aboard the ship."

"I have no plans on doing this forever though, I would like to start a family of my own someday, here, or back home doesn't matter, so long as it happens."

Murphy took this in, thinking about the implications.

"I want to move away from all this." He responded, gesturing to the cold metal of the ship, "Grow things, make things. That's what I did as a kid. I miss it."

Murphy's thoughts turned to his childhood. They had almost no money, so they handcrafted almost everything they owned. Tables, chairs, even a boat to go on the lake with. He missed that life. It was simple.

"I want to move away from all this.Grow things, make things. That's what I did as a kid. I miss it." Murphy responded, gesturing to the ship as he spoke.

Sarah took this in, and thought of some of what she'd read earlier about various colonies being little more then small farming community's. "Well, this is defiantly the place to do that, lots of human and mixed species colonies to go get lost on, and no reason for anyone to go looking for you ether."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked