Halo Effect V2 (Cross Over) Main Thread (Sign ups still open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 36 NEXT

"Well, this is defiantly the place to do that, lots of human and mixed species colonies to go get lost on, and no reason for anyone to go looking for you ether."

Murphy raised his eyebrows incredulously.

"We've only been here a few days and have already provided enough reason for dozens of people to come after all of us." He stared at the wall in front of him. "If we're going to survive this, we're going to have to be a fuck of a lot more careful. Know when to go in, know when to get out, and always be ready to ditch everything in 30 seconds or less." His eyes shifted to Sarah's. "Always have your shit packed. Don't get comfortable."

Sarah thought about this a minute "Not really. They COULD come after us, but seeing as they thought we where Aria's hired goons, and I guess we are, logically, they'd make a reprisal against her since attacking us would be rather pointless since she runs this station." Sarah commented, then fallowed with "Besides, 'We' aren't really the most valuable thing on this ship, hell, not even Amaya is, the Slipspace drive and Forerunner tech on the other hand. Those are the truly valuable items on the ship, any make no mistake, given the choice between the crew or the ships tech, they'd rather have the tech." Sarah continued, turning to face Murphy "Because we have something no one else here has. Independent FTL capability, while they rely on 'Mass Relays', giant space station like constructs, to sling shot them around."

"Maybe they have an interest in us as well, but I doubt it, it's the ship they're after, they're just putting up with us"

"No, if you want to show me anything, it's up to you. I'd rather you not take me as someone who is soft by choice, so i want to show you the reasons i'm the person before you today." She said, laying a hand on the side of his head. Closing her eyes for a second, she focused. "Embrace eternity!" she said, her eyes opening to their blackened state.

Luna finished with the memory and let go. Voh could see that in her eyes, tears were forming. Also, while melded with her, he could feel how broken and shattered the deep, inner core of the asari really was. She was yearning for recognition and respect, but also, what voh could interpret through her "lense" of viewing, that she desperately desired someone who would love her and return feelings. Though, he could not tell who this person was. All of this, he could tell was protected by a shell that she had constructed to show only certain parts of her to the outside world.

JASTIS-015

He shrugged, "Well there is a first time for everything. Anyway the rules are simple, you stay out of any rooms that are off limits and behave yourself and really that's all. If you're found in those areas or you're messing with a terminal you will be shot on sight, so no second chances."

Jastis let that sit in for a moment, "Now, are you going to stay here for a little bit longer, because Tau and I still have some things to discuss."

Voh'Tohia

Voh watch the memory play as she melded with him. Seeing her first day as a small child eager to make friends. Only for her to be taunted due to her bloodline. Her parents consoling her and trying to make her feel better. He found this a odd thing to happen. He never seen any of the other Sanghili children running to their mothers. Though he knew their were times when he felt to express the same as her. Though he kept it in and push forward. Quickly ending his train of thought as the memory continue as the she-devils push it to far.

Watching as little Luna starting her insane killing while singing her redone version of her rhyme. The whole act didn't phase him much. He seen much death and carnage, most of the time do to his own hands. Though it was a bit worry for Luna mental state afterwards. Finishing with her waking up to her parents.

Through it all Voh felt a bit closer to the Asari. Feeling her pain as tears start to form within her eyes. Feeling emotion from her that felt as she love and desire someone. Though he didn't know who she felt this towards as she kept it hidden from him. Though after all this he knew he need to share with her his darkest deeds.

Voh didn't feel regret while showing this memory. Though he did feel saddness. That his race was used for such a vile thing. That such good Sangheili had to die for a worthless cause that all turn out to be a lie. Once the memory die Voh slowly put his hand on Luna's and close it slowly. Holding it as he lets Luna have a moment.

Dorion

"Yes yes, very simple rules and understanding of it. Don't trust me enough and would do the same if roles were reverse." he said with a smile. "I'll stay a bit. Very fascinating being here." He said as he wonder around the room a bit. Looking at the tech as he simple study it. Nothing else as he whisper to himself. "hmm very odd, yet very interesting"

"Maybe they have an interest in us as well, but I doubt it, it's the ship they're after, they're just putting up with us"

Murphy was silent for a while after Sarah spoke. He was torn - his mission was to protect Blade, but they were now outside of any UNSC jurisdiction. The gloves were off, and it was about to get nasty.

But Murphy didn't know how nasty he was willing to get.

Before, it was simple. Protect the UNSC, protect humanity. Now, the war was over. And they were stuck in a world they didn't understand, and a target to every organization and government that could get a swinging dick on a spaceship.

"We'll worry about that when the time comes." He said, pulling Sarah in close for a kiss. "Until then, I have other things on my mind."

Luna was trying to get a hold of herself as she had experienced that damned day again and took in the understanding of what Voh had shown her. However, when his hand closed around her own, she took a sharp breath in and focused herself on him. "i cannot hold you responsible for your actions Voh... no matter how many your hand had in killing, you were still being manipulated, even if you were taking pride in the act." she said, closing her hand around his fingers with a soft smile on her face.

"I'm sorry i'm not the warrior you had me pinned as. But i've never been able to go full out on the battlefield as i don't want to see that happen again. I'm a hollow shell of what i displasy myself as..." she confessed to the sangheili. "i show people my strong side so i don't have to worry about them getting close to my true self..."

"Good." said the A.I., taking her body over to him and received the flask. Walking over to a containment cube, she placed both the flasks into injection ports on the sides. Dumping the contents of both of them into the cube, at first they only mixed. However, motioning for Gideon to move backwards, she ran an electric current through them. To her surprise, the reaction was one very magnificent. A quick flash and the specks began to spread to the rest of the fuel mixture. soon enough, there was a white glowing mixture in the containment cube.

Pressing a button, it was transferred into one of the flasks. Amaya picked it up and showed it to gideon. "I'll need to study the effects of this new mixture, but i have a feeling it may lead to something rather big and important." she said, the faceplates clicking in a motion that displayed a rather happy curiosity.

"Good." Said Amaya as she walked over to Gideon where he handed over the flask of fuel. The A.I then walked over to a containment cube, where she placed the two flasks into injection ports on opposite sides to each other. Amaya soon motioned Gideon to move back, for safety reasons no doubt.

It soon came to the part where Amaya ran an electrical current through the flasks; with the result being a quick flash which Gideon briefly covered his eyes, and the tiny amount of Element Zero spread to the fuel mixture, a moment or two later, all that there was a white glowing mixture. Pressing a button, Amaya transferred the contents into another flask. Throughout all this, Gideon patiently stood back, seeing as how his part was done for the moment. Amaya picked up the flask and went over to show it to him.

"I'll need to study the effects of this new mixture, but I have a feeling it may lead to something rather big and important." Spoke Amaya, with the plates of the Geth platform clicking slightly.

"Amazing, don't think I've seen anything like this before. So then, what's next? Or is that all you needed me for?" Gideon asked as he raised an eyebrow to the question.

"I'm sorry i'm not the warrior you had me pinned as. But i've never been able to go full out on the battlefield as i don't want to see that happen again. I'm a hollow shell of what i displasy myself as...i show people my strong side so i don't have to worry about them getting close to my true self..."

"Their are many types of warriors Luna and my view of you hasn't change. Choosing to have a stable mind over a psychotic one is the right path to choose. Fighting mindlessly is fighting like a savage. More akin to the Jiralhanae then anything. Plus I have seen inside your thoughts, at least the ones you wish to share for now. Though you should let go of this trouble past, for it is the past. To let it weigh you down will hurt you in the end."

Feeling her hand close around his while he was talking as he held on to it. "You are like a flower that hasn't had a chance to bloom yet. For fear of others and of the past. Though it is time now to show your true beauty and bloom within the light."

JASTIS-015

He still wasn't sure on this new alien but he would have to grin and bear it for now, at least. "Just don't touch anything," he said but then Jastis turned to Tau. "Well then, Tau, do you want him to stay here or do you want him to leave? Don't know whether or not you trust him with the information we're going to discuss."

Sarah leaned in and gave Murphy a kiss, little deeper then she was planning but she wasn't gonna complain. "And that's all your getting for now, not gonna be responsible for popping stitches and really, some one else guts on me is not really a turn on." she said glibly after the kiss, and leaned back "You hungry though? I can go get us something while you find some sports on TV for us to yell at."

"Don't know whether or not you trust him with the information we're going to discuss."

Tau turned to Dorion and nodded. "I would like to discuss private matters with Captain Jastis. This unit will seek you out later, so that the details of our arrangement can be finalized."

Luna smiled and even giggled at the last bit of Voh's consoling words. "Thank you voh. But those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. I shall try let it go, but keep it in my head." she said then continued on. "Your words are as wise as any matriarch's. Just, was that last bit some of this famed Sangheili poetry i picked up on in your head?" she said with a smirk.

"i don't know Eon. i don't want to push my luck with anything, so i think i'm going to give it a rest." Amaya said, setting the flask down into a containment device before thinking for a moment. "Funny... a sentient machine that holds belief in human traditions and values..." she pondered aloud.
"I guess we could either be talking about me or Jastis." she joked, with what arrangement of plates on the geth's head could only be guessed at, was a smile. "well, we could stick around here or head somewhere else and talk. however, i think the e-zero radiation would make the former a rather poor choice."

Pistis finished her food and noticed a human reading some sort of data pad. So she put her plate away and naturally went to go join him. Sitting next to the spartan, she rapped her fingers on the table a few times to get his attention, before the drell spoke up. "Hello, you seem to be a rather fine specimen of a human. I take it you are not normal, much like the captain?" she asked, but only now noticed his arm. It wasn't something she would usually take any interest in, but she couldn't help but notice how outdated this prosthetic was. She'd have to ask him about it. "the name's pistis Phonoi by the way."

Erik

Erik was on to a section about the Talons, their rise through Omega, and how they ended up as the stations main SecForce. Taking a sip of coffee, he blinked a few times; the reading was dry and his eyes were beginning to get tired.

"Hello, you seem to be a rather fine specimen of a human. I take it you are not normal, much like the Captain? The name's Pistis Phonoi by the way."

"Hmm?" He mumbled, setting the pad down, and turning to the new arrival. "Like the Captain? I guess so, but it's all classified. Erik Hamman." Lizard alien or not, Pistis made Erik feel old. Good god her and Luna....they both look like children.

"Pleasure to meet you Erik." She said to him. Pistis thought for a minute about whatever was done to the humans and how it was. Classified. Then she shrugged. "On the topic of whatever happened to you, so long as when I have to patch any of you "super humans" up when you guys get injured, I don't find sevral new organs floating around in there." She said then tapped his chest with her pointer twice.
"I'll be rather content." The drell said to him, with a rather calm smile on her face. Her form was on the skinny side, and her lab clothes, while not slutty, fit her just right, to give off a rather pleasing look, accentin her I just the couple of right ways. "We can all bleed... Do you mind telling me about your prosthetic?" She asked him, curiously looking at the arm.

Voh Tohia

Voh semi-smile, or what appear to be a smile for a Sangheili, as Luna smile and giggle a little. Glad she was at least seeming better then before. "I never said to forget your past. Just don't let it hold you back from doing anything you wish to do." He then did a little chuckle. " Indeed it was. Not my best though I think it serve it purpose. Did it not?" Secertly hoping that his ability to make a poem isn't lost.

Dorion

Not really paying attention to the two talking as he was looking around. Until Tau mention him by name and told him to wait outside. Sighing Dorion would have to agree at the moment. He didn't want to get thrown out yet. "Very well, Good to meet you Captain Jastis." he said as he left the room.

With nothing else to do he left to find out the owner of the varren at the entrance. Walking back outside to see if he can find it again or perhaps found the owner first.

"I don't know Eon. I don't want to push my luck with anything, so I think I'm going to give it a rest." Amaya said, placing the flask into a containment device. "Funny... a sentient machine that holds belief in human traditions and values..." She then said aloud.

"I guess we could either be talking about me or Jastis." Amaya remarked in a joking fashion, a few of the facial plated on the Geth body's head turning and clicking for a bit, trying to form a facial expression perhaps? "Well, we could stick around here or head somewhere else and talk. However, I think the E-Zero radiation would make the former a rather poor choice."

"Quite true. Well, if there isn't anything else we need to do here for a while, best get this suit down to the decontamination room down the hallway for cleaning. Let me just grab my actual clothes and we can get going." Gideon said with a small smile at the end as he walked back to the changing room to grab the set of clothes he came in with. He soon walked out with clothes in hand and both he and Amaya exited the engineering room, and took a short walk down to the decontamination suite.

Entering the suite, both of them saw that it was currently unoccupied.

"Guess it's a self-servicing decontamination then?" Gideon remarked as he walked up to a wall mounted console and pushed the button that raised the containment door.

"I better take these clothes with me just in case." He then added, referring to the clothes that were being held under his arm. Gideon stepped into the booth and pressed a button which lowered the door. A moment later, a voice spoke through a concealed speaker.

"Please stand still with your arms stretched out and your feet apart from one another. Any loose items that you have on you, should be placed neatly on the floor." Gideon complied with the voice's instructions and placed the bundle of clothing on the floor, and assumed the position with his arms out straight and his feet roughly one foot apart from another.

"Initializing decontamination procedure in 3... 2... 1...." It was then that four blue coloured lights sparked into life from four corners of the booth, projecting themselves in a fan like pattern, and began moving up and down across Gideon. The process took a couple of minutes, but eventually a klaxon sounded off, and the lights deactivated one by one, followed with the return of the voice.

"Decontamination procedure complete. Please move into the next room if you need to change clothes." Another klaxon sounded off and a door on the opposite side of the booth opened, with Gideon stepping through after changing recovering his clothes. It took him a minute to gently remove each piece of the hazard suit, but he was soon back in his normal clothes, and appeared in a doorway opposite the one he came in from, and walked back to Amaya.

"Well, now that I'm all squeaky clean, not exactly sure what to do now."

Erik

"Pleasure to meet you Erik. On the topic of whatever happens to you, so long as when I have to patch any of you 'super humans' up when you guys get injured, I don't find several new organs floating around in there; I'll be rather content."

"Not going to be happening." He replied calmly. "Me, the Captain, and Bradford got our own docs on board who'll see to us. We need you and the geckos for patching up Luna, if she decides to get another piercing, or that big ugly krogan camped outside." Taking another sip of coffee, he studied her to see how she reacted. "Fair warning, I know you medical types hate not knowing, but if you try and pry into SPARTAN medical information, S.O.P. means you'll either end up in the brig until we get home, or more likely out an airlock with no suit..." Shaking his head slightly, he gave her a small smile. "Sorry if that seems a bit harsh, but we've been at war for the better part of four decades; the UNSC doesn't fuck around with security."

"Do you mind telling me about your prosthetic?"

Blinking a bit, he looked at his arm; he'd had it for so long now, he rarely thought about it. "This? Sure. Years back, before I joined the SPARTAN program, I was a drop commando. We'd dropped into a Covvie held world, your basic S and D mission, when my squad got caught in an ambush. I was on point, when a cloaked Elite, like Voh there..." He said, motioning to where Voh and Luna were seated. "...tried to gut me. Lose ground and a bad footing saved my life; as he lunged I slipped and fell back, so his blade only caught my arm, though the tip did go through my armour."

Lifting his shirt, Erik showed Pistis the white puckered scar that started below his belt line, and ran all the way across his chest to the opposite shoulder. "Still, I got the better deal. He got my arm, and my buddy Rico 'topped' the squid face with his M90."

"Sorry if that seems a bit harsh, but we've been at war for the better part of four decades; the UNSC doesn't fuck around with security."
"I'll wind up being inside your body anyway. we're all people that bleed and i didn't see any good combat medics around the medical . So i'll most likely be first choice to have along on any sort of "missions."" she said, quoting with her fingers around mission.

"Still, I got the better deal. He got my arm, and my buddy Rico 'topped' the squid face with his M90."
"You have your life. Which you're right, is the better end of that stick." she said, then looked at his arm again. "may i examine it? It looks a bit... outdated..." she said. "I know of a nuber of companies that would be able to get you a better, more precise replacement for this. If not, i could try and build off of it. I am a biological engineer after all." she said to him.

Amaya shrugged at what Gideon said. "I used to keep most of my time occupied by running the ship. But now i have so much freetime, i don't know what to do with myself. But we could go off and talk somewhere if you desired, or i could head along with you if you're hungry." suggested the geth unit.

((and yes, all this conversation is happening in sangheili))
Luna smiled at voh warmly. "Yes, it served its purpose and was the most beautiful thing i've heard in a long time Voh." the asari said and squeezed his hand softly to emphasize the point. In a rare breakdown of actual sentiment coming from luna, she leaned on voh and rested her head against his arm. "thank you voh. You're the first person i've been able to talk to about this, it means allot to me."

Once Dorion finally left, Tau turned back to Jastis and displayed the hologram of the freighter. "Returning to the mission, the freighter must be intercepted between the point where it enters the system and when comes in range of the station. However, all our forces can not be committed to this task, as a portion must remain here to distract the ship's hired escort."

Tau then changed the projected image to a symbol, a half-moon with three digits sticking out of it. "A mercenary gang on Omega has been recruited to protect the freighter once it comes within a certain proximity of the station. If we attack the freighter without first removing their added variable to the equation, we will be surrounded. However, we can not remove the on-station threat before the freighter arrives, as a lack a communication will no doubt abort their mission. Both sites must be attacked within the same relative window of time, or else the mission will fail."

"You hungry though? I can go get us something while you find some sports on TV for us to yell at."

Murphy gave Sarah the pouty lip, even though he knew she was right.

"Fine. It's been a while since I've had real food anyways. And I'll see what games I have stored away."

Murphy grabbed one a data pad, then began cruising through all of the baseball games he had stored away. He finally settled on a hilariously bad Rockies vs. Padres game from three seasons prior. Then he started flipping through all of the new information on their new home that had been loaded into the database.

Voh nods and listen to her, feeling happy that his skills were not dull. Though he didn't expect to see her react in such a way. Feeling her leaning her head on his arm and lightly squeezing his hand. Letting her stay there as he didn't mind it but it did feel oddly nice.

"You are welcome Luna. It always nice to have a chat with you. If you ever require someone to chat with or need help I shall do so as best as I can." Saying to her in an almost whisper. Knowing no one can understand them anyways due to speaking in Sangheili but still felt like doing so.

Sarah smirked at Murphy's pout and got up to go get them something to eat, and probably throw at the TV, humming something to her self as she walked down the all.

Sarah walked into the mess Hall Voh and his blue girlfriend on one side, Erik and some lizard looking chick on the other, Sarah ignored both unless one of them spoke and when about getting her and Murphy a meal.

Erik

Erik really wasn't thrilled at the thought of some alien 'looking under the hood' so to speak, and it showed on his face. "SPARTAN training includes extensive medic training, and anyways we are very hard to injure."

"May I examine it? It looks a bit... outdated. I know of a number of companies that would be able to get you a better, more precise replacement for this. If not, I could try and build off of it. I am a biological engineer after all." she said to him.

This bothered him less. The prosthetic was a standard UNSC design, and nowhere near the nicest on the open market back home. "Fill your boots." He said, offering his arm. "I know it's not the most advanced or precise but it works, and it's probably the most durable on out there." Triggering a self-diagnostic, he watched as each finger moved in sequence. "It suits me fine for now, but thanks for the offer...I may just have to take you up on that at some point."

"you still bleed like the rest of us, captain hostile." she said to him. then he spoke about the replacement idea. "You may be able to control it, but can you feel with it? outside of pressure required not to kill or break everything you touch, can you feel the warmth of a coffee in your hand? how about a piece of clothing on your forearm? little things in life count." she said, then began to size up the spartan.
"i could take you in a sword sparring match." she said. "I practice kenjutsu, ancient japanese art of the sword. You humans have allot of fun history." she added in.

Erik

"You may be able to control it, but can you feel with it? Outside of pressure required not to kill or break everything you touch, can you feel the warmth of a coffee in your hand? How about a piece of clothing on your forearm? Little things in life count."

Erik contemplated his arm as the Drell spoke. "Those are pretty words kid, but this works just fine for now. I see no need to discard a perfectly good tool." No way is hell you're messing with me alien... Those 'little things' she spoke of were simply little white lies that told him he could be 'normal' eventually; but he knew better, he was an attack dog in powered armour and nothing more, he knew that when he'd volunteered and one had to accept the choices they made in life good or bad.

"I could take you in a sword sparring match. I practice kenjutsu, ancient Japanese art of the sword. You humans have a lot of fun history."

That earned her a chuckle. "Yeah millennia of bashing each other about or slitting each other's throats...so much to be proud of; besides I prefer to fight at range and speed if possible." Motioning to Voh and Luna again, he shrugged. "If you want a sword fight, talk to Voh; his people have a big cultural fetish about such things." You're off the meds again aren't you?

Pistis could see something in his eyes, something that he though she was lieing to him. "I shall talk to him, but i'm interested in you right now. I could see denial in your eyes." the drell commented to him. leaning in a bit closer, she examined his facial features and tracked the way his eyes moved for a minute before carrying on. Erik would feel as if she had just read him like a book.

"Denial is a very strong emotion. it's one that i've seen rarely, but know when i see it. Everything in life is a choice. You choose to continue to fight, to continue on this mindless work of a machine. I can see in your face, it's a shred of hope, but you keep on stepping on it, yet it refuses to die out. a small part of you wants to just be done with all this." the drell said, a real empithatic sound to her voice as she leaned back. And she was telling the truth, Pistis did feel for him.

"I'm going to purchase the arm for you, out of my own pocket. keep it or toss it, it's up to you. but i want to prove that i speak the truth to you. Now just hold still for a minute." she said before taking a few measurements on each arm with her omnitool.

Setting her elbows on the table, she began to flick through the extranet on her omnitool. She finally reached a site, displaying a bunch of rather amazing looking prostetics. "Just a few questions, and if you don't answer them, i'll do it for you." she said.
"1. what color would you like it?
2. want a pistol in it?
3. would you like it to come in a baby blue box covered in hearts with a pretty pink bow to top it off?"

"thank you voh..." she said, comfortable on his arm. the asari's head was still hurting, and allot. she sat quietly against voh for a few minutes before her felt her hand go limp. she was still breathing, which was a good sign, but had passed out from the pain to her head. maybe the asari wasn't ready to be moving about yet, but her stubbornness didn't stop her from doing so.

Voh let Luna sleep on his arm as he wonders what to do now. Not wanting to disturb her so she can go to her room to fully rest. He then remember about the machine AI, she should know Luna room was at. He radio her a moment later after he check to see Luna was still resting peacefully. "Machine this is Voh. I need to know which room belongs to Luna." he said without letting her know why he needed to know.

"I used to keep most of my time occupied by running the ship. But now I have so much free time, I don't know what to do with myself. But we could go off and talk somewhere if you desired, or I could head along with you if you're hungry." Amaya said to Gideon as the Geth body shrugged it's shoulders. Gideon stretched his arms, feeling some of the tension relieve itself from his shoulders.

"Hmm, well I did eat not too long ago, but I guess we could always go down to the Mess Hall to chat, it's as good a place as any for it; besides, I think the recreation room might have gotten damaged during the slip-space jump, and the technicians might still be working on that." Gideon said as he lowered his arms, and the pair began to walk down towards the Mess Hall.

Erik

"I shall talk to him, but I'm interested in you right now. I could see denial in your eyes. Denial is a very strong emotion. It's one that I've seen rarely, but know when I see it. Everything in life is a choice. You choose to continue to fight, to continue on this mindless work of a machine. I can see in your face, it's a shred of hope, but you keep on stepping on it, yet it refuses to die out. A small part of you wants to just be done with all this."

"Stop...just stop!" He said pushing her away, his voice tinged with restrained menace. "I know what you're trying to do, and I'm sick of doctors poking around in my head..." Closing his eyes he let out a sigh. "I'm sorry...it's ju-I think the stress of all this is getting to me."

"I'm going to purchase the arm for you, out of my own pocket. Keep it or toss it, it's up to you; but I want to prove that I speak the truth to you. Now just hold still for a minute.

Sitting still, he let her take her scans, while he did his best to calm his thoughts. She's trying to help. She's an alien! You don't know if you can trust her! She seems so sincere. Since when have aliens EVER been a friend to humanity? They're in it for themselves, nothing more...

"Just a few questions, and if you don't answer them, I'll do it for you.
1. What color would you like it?
2. Want a pistol in it?
3. Would you like it to come in a baby blue box covered in hearts with a pretty pink bow to top it off?"

Shaking his head, he sighed again. "Since I apparently can't talk you out of it; basic black is fine, no, it wouldn't work with my armour, and however they send it is fine." His nerves still on edge, he watched as his left hand clenched into a fist.

Being pushed back, she wound up on the floor. "I'll just have it made to change color to what you please." she said to the spartan, and sent in the info. "should be at a clinic i volunteered at inside of a week. 150,000 credits, but i think it'll be worth it." Pistis said, dusting herself off and getting off the floor.

"sorry... i have a bit of an unnerving thing for reading people. But i wasn't trying to poke around in your head, i was just stating what i could see. But i must ask, why do you continue on like this? you know you can leave it all, maybe start a family if you don't have one, or return to the one you have. The past may be in stone, but you can sculpt the future to however you please." she said, taking a seat next to him again.

JASTIS-015

"So we will need two teams? If so then I will head up the assault on the ship, a second team will lead the attack on the hired goons. It seems simple enough job for us, it just we need to figure out how we will attack," Jastis spoke to the Geth. "The Blade is in no condition to fly, so we will need to use that ship from the last mission but will we be able to sneak up to them in it? I feel like they would spot it from miles away."

Erik

"Sorry... I have a bit of an unnerving thing for reading people. But I wasn't trying to poke around in your head; I was just stating what I could see. But I must ask, why do you continue on like this? You know you can leave it all, maybe start a family if you don't have one, or return to the one you have. The past may be in stone, but you can sculpt the future to however you please."

Staring at his left hand, it took conscious thought to make the fingers uncurl, a sure sign he was stressed; after awhile, he spoke. "Military service is in my blood. Hamman's have served as Marines, in one form or another, for 800 years. I grew up on the stories of my ancestors, shared in their victories and defeats, and was proud. When I was old enough I joined up without hesitation, I wanted to create my own story for my descendants."

Still looking at his hand, he went on. "Leave it all you say...how? I've spent my entire life at war; I don't know how to function outside of combat." Turning to Pistis, he sneered. "Start a family? HA! If I was still just a Marine, or even an ODST maybe, but a SPARTAN? When I returned home after 'training' my own family were afraid of me...people who'd volunteered to look the worst of creation in the face, were afraid of what I'd become."

He features softening slightly, he continued to look at the Drell. "You asked why I do this? To paraphrase a very old movie, I believe in something greater than myself. A better world, a world without the constant threat of extinction; don't get me wrong though I'm not going to live there. I'm nothing more than an attack dog...a monster, built and trained to kill those who would threaten that better world. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

"I feel like they would spot it from miles away."

"This is correct, and is why it would provide for a more favorable outcome if the vessel is not used. The Tashya is better equipped for a boarding action, I can have it provide its services for this mission." Tau refocused his panels and he calculated what more information should be divulged in this "pre-briefing". "Captain Jastis, it would be prudent if our electronic-countermeasure assets were deployed for maximum effectiveness. I should be a part of one assault group, and Amaya in the other. If you are willing to accept recommendations, I calculate that Amaya would be most effective in the larger-scale attack on the mercenary base, while my functions would be better applied in the boarding action."

Sarah Collected the plates after waiting a bizarrely long amount of time for them to finish, though the reason explained it self when the they arrived, the cover marked 'SPARTAN' as well as Erik speech on why he was never going to be normal anyway, made her sigh. He wasn't wrong about Spartans being monsters, in fact her personal opinion of the program was some what lower then just that, sighting it as a 'Necessary Evil', but she didn't really like the reminded she'd more or less destroyed her future for revenge. Revenge she was pretty sure she wasn't gonna be able to get the more she thought about.

Sarah left the Mess hall as wordlessly as she'd entered and returned to Murphy's room, hoping to push all those thoughts she generally ignored or suppressed, back in their box.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here