Halo Effect V2 (Cross Over) Main Thread (Sign ups still open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 NEXT

"Yeah, I figured I'd be a target. I do however have an advantage with this one. I'm in a Geth body, so I could play myself off as a Geth." Amaya explained to Gideon, which he had to admit was a rather ingenious idea. "I am hopeful that the Geth might be able to help me in terms of... My... 'You know what' issues. For the moment, you seem to be able to help stabilize me, or at least keep it at bay."

"Glad I can be of service Amaya. And I must say, you certainly are a clever girl, thinking of going in all inconspicuous and the like; though I will admit, the fact that you sound different in comparison to someone like Tau, might draw suspicion. In any case, I ain't gonna let someone grab you, the others may not look like it, but I'm sure they would do the same thing." Gideon said with sincerity as he downed the remainder of his coffee.

Sarah nodded and turned her attention to the game in time to see a couple outfielders not only run into each other, but completely miss read where the ball was going to land, that, and a couple more really bad plays, got her smiling and laughing at just how bad the 'professional's where playing. "was this a 'rebuilding year', or they always this bad?"

Erik

Pistis was confusing Erik. Why does she seem to think I'm so great, she doesn't even know me. Maybe she's interested in 'studying' human anatomy? No, just....no. Shaking himself out of his internal dialogues, he caught the last bit of what she was saying, and chuckled a bit. "Me a father? Haha, nooo. Firstly, not a big fan of kids...I don't possess nearly enough patience for that, and secondly due to all the 'work' I've had done there is a very good chance I'm shooting blanks, if you catch my drift."

Grabbing the rifle, he stepped past Pistis and headed over to a table behind the stalls. Once there, he began to do a combat breakdown of the weapon, cleaning the various internals as he went. "So." He said over a shoulder. "I've gotta ask Miss, why all the interest in me?"

Kurash

"No thank you, never really drink on the job. Though if you have coffee or tea I would love some."

"Fair enough." He replied, getting to his feet. "I think I've got some coffee about." After a moment or two he dug out a bag. "This stuff has to be one of the best things the Humans ever introduced to the galaxy." Opening the bag of Duncan Hills Coffee: Brutal Roast, he set everything in motion. As the coffee brewed, he sat back down, and looked to Dorion. "I know you've just barely got here, but what are your impressions of these Humans?"

"Why all the interest? and don't call me miss, that makes me feel old. Pistis will do." she commented, putting the flask away and bringing up her omni tool. She tapped a few buttons to begin the purge of alcohol from her blood content via nano bots. Standing up, the drell reached down to her own hip, pulling up a lunch box sized black box.

She took a deep breath and let a rather large sniper rifle unfold from the box, looking a decent bit different than most you'd find"Well, it's because you soldier types almost always have some nice guy, or some honorable guy laying underneath that cold exterior. You bury the real you underneath all of the hard choices and decisions you've made. And i can see you shoving demons like emotions to the corner of your head. Again, sorry for picking around... but it sorta just happens." she explained, the three foot rifle finally expanded.

"was this a 'rebuilding year', or they always this bad?"

Murphy checked the date on the game.

"Most of the regular players were drafted or killed a few seasons back, so every team was doing everything they could to stay afloat."

His response was casual, but it carried the weight of the war.

It had been an interesting time for sports. The war had left so many things decimated, and baseball was one of them. Despite trying to use entertainment as an escape, the harsh reality that humanity had been on the brink of extinction still showed. Murphy wouldn't watch scripted television for that very reason. The actors were just too bad.

Dorion smile as he had to agree with the krogan there. "Indeed. Always love a cup of coffee where ever I go." Waiting for the coffee to brew he listen to Kurash question about his opinion on the humans. "Hmm difficult to tell at the moment. Though I think they are not even from here at all..their is to much difference between these humans and the humans that are here. If you understand what I'm saying. Plus when I spoke about the STG, the Captain didn't even know what it even was." Dorion said as he scratch his chin. "Though need more info before I make a final judgement."

Erik

"Why all the interest? And don't call me Miss; that makes me feel old. Pistis will do."

His nerves calmed, his humour was returning. "Well I could always go with Ma'am." Erik had to do a bit of a double take when Pistis tapped at a glowing orange projection on her arm, and sobered up almost instantly. "How the hell?" He muttered.

He was awe struck some more, as the little reptilian woman unfolded a goddamn sniper rifle from a box. "One, sweet Jesus, how did you do that? Two, do they make other weapons like that? Three...this range is a little short for a weapon like that...not going to be much of a challenge."

Kurash

"Hmm difficult to tell at the moment. Though I think they are not even from here at all...there is too much difference between these humans and the humans that are here, if you understand what I'm saying. Plus when I spoke about the STG, the Captain didn't even know what it even was. Though need more info before I make a final judgement."

"Yeah, I agree with you that they ain't from around here...hell they still use chem. propellant personal weapons. Even we Krogan were moving away from those when you Salarians showed up." Kurash replied. "Hey..." He said, shifting the topic slightly. "Been meaning to ask one of you lot, but kept forgetting. Seems like ever second Salarian I meet is ex-STG, what's with that? The pension plan not very good or does the pay just suck?"

"One, nanites, damn near close to instantly scrubbing my blood of the alcohol content, and two, yes. Standard weapon systems are folding to be compact and easy to transport. Three won't matter because i just wanted to check to see if my baby is still working." she said, taking aim down the range. The drell shot the weapon and it's cargo of hyper heated liquid screamed down range, punching a hole clean through the target and the wall behind.

"Oops.... ummm... that wasn't me." she said, quickly checking the sensors on the rifle before letting it fold up again. "Sorries.... it's an anti materiel "squirt gun" as it shoots a stream of semi-plasmified ferrofluid at high velocity. has a five second cool down between each shot, but will punch a hole through most of what you put infront of it. Kinda like the back wall of the targeting range..." she said, her head hanging low.

"well, you're a great friend, and you wouldn't let someone grab me because of that. Jastis would just put a bullet it me if someone tried to grab me, the others would keep me cause i'm a rather valuable piece of tech in their eyes. You're the only one that would do it for a human reason." The girl said to him. however, the next time she spoke, her voice was that of a more robotic female one. "I appreciate your concern for my synthetic unit. Is there any form of repayment that you would like to receive? perhaps what you humans call a hug?" she said, waited a minute then burst out laughing, which was admittedly creepy with no visable motion to emphesize the fact she was.

"Yeah, I agree with you that they ain't from around here...hell they still use chem. propellant personal weapons. Even we Krogan were moving away from those when you Salarians showed up."

"Indeed. As well as most of the human crew give me the oddest of look. Like they never seen anything like a Salarian before. Though time will tell about these humans."

"Been meaning to ask one of you lot, but kept forgetting. Seems like ever second Salarian I meet is ex-STG, what's with that? The pension plan not very good or does the pay just suck?"

"Ah, well if you remember we Salarians have short lives. We STG agents like to do other things before our time is up. That is if we don't die while working under the STG. Though my case is a bit..different." he said with a chuckle. "Surprise you didn't see that though I believe the STG hid it from view on my profile." He said as he recounts the tale. "It was during my mission that I was suppose to get intel on a band mercs, or whatever they were at the time, virus they were making. Got in, found out what was happening. Blew up the base. Even if it had hostages within it I couldn't let any of them escape. Superiors thought my methods were to extreme so I was retired early." He finish with a smile. "Though that the short version."

"Most of the regular players were drafted or killed a few seasons back, so every team was doing everything they could to stay afloat."

Sarah frowned and watched another really bad play "That makes me feel bad about wanting to laugh honestly, if it was a bunch of pros having an off day, sure, but yeah, not really ok with making fun of some one when they really are doing the best they can." She said, then ate a few more nachos. "Does explain the sudden drop in quality of my 'Hawks though, they went from a 13-3 to 'I don't wanna talk about it' bad in a season."

"Well, you're a great friend, and you wouldn't let someone grab me because of that. Jastis would just put a bullet it me if someone tried to grab me, the others would keep me cause I'm a rather valuable piece of tech in their eyes. You're the only one that would do it for a human reason." Amaya said, if Gideon had to imagine an expression on her face, it may been a smile. She soon spoke again, but this time the tone was less organic, and more robotic; this made him raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"I appreciate your concern for my synthetic unit. Is there any form of repayment that you would like to receive? Perhaps what you humans call a hug?" She asked, then a moment later she burst out into laughter, which was a little bit creepy to Gideon, given that the Geth platform didn't have the equivalent of a mouth of which the sound could be coming from.

"Uh, sure." Gideon said somewhat nervously at first, before the pair briefly exchanged hugs, which garnered a few odd looks from the others that were in the Mess Hall, but they eventually went back to their conversation.

"Could of gave some prior warning you were going to go all monotone Amaya, made me jump at first, especially with the laughter afterwards. Granted, it may fool some people into thinking you were a Geth." He said, still sounding a little off.

"What I don't understand is why the Captain would rather put a bullet in you than the one who was grabbing you; then again I don't claim to understand Spartan psychology, the jury is still out on that one. Anyway, enough talk about that, let's discuss something else."

"Gideon... i'm a tool in his eyes. So what if the A.I. dies? he doesn't erecognize me as a human entity. He doesn't recognize that i have a set of emotuions, feelings and personal opinions. all he cares about is the fact i can calculate a course and plot a jump on a map, which i'm sure he'd be able to find any other program to do. If it's difficult to get a shot on me because the person holding me is making it so, i'm expendable." she said, her tone getting rather depressed now.
"i don't want to be military Eon. I want to live as normal as i possibly can... i want to have a family one day, raise kids of some sorts... but that fuck won't let me go. I'm only working so i can atleast get some respect from everyone here, but i want out at some point ev. I don't want to spend my life calculating how to kill someone the most efficient way, or how to get a ship somewhere. I just want to be a woman..." she said, the geth unit's shoulder sulking, one sign of emotion that was rather surprising to see. Amaya must have been doing it subconsciously, or something, definitely not a synthetic reaction.

Erik

Erik let out a low whistle, in amazement, as the brilliant beam from Pistis' rifle bored a hole in the back of the range.

"Oops.... ummm... that wasn't me. Sorries.... it's an anti materiel 'squirt gun' as it shoots a stream of semi-plasmified ferrofluid at high velocity. It has a five second cool down between each shot, but will punch a hole through most of what you put in front of it. Kinda like the back wall of the targeting range..."

"Damn...and here I thought only an S/L could do that kinda damage." He said, snapping his rifle back together. That done he placed it back with the others, and then walked over to the range comm. panel. "Range to Engineering, we've just had an incident with a little...'over penetration'." "Understood Range, we'll send someone down to have a look." Came the reply. "Understood, Range out."

Walking back to where Pistis was standing, he nodded to the weapon. "May I have a look at her?" He said nodding to the weapon. "Don't think I'm covering for you though." He added with a hint of a smirk.

Kurash

Kurash listened to Dorion's story and shook his head in annoyance. "Bloody desk jockeys." He muttered. "And you can bet your quad that if you'd let the mercs go to save the hostages, they'd bitched you out for that too." Getting back up, he poured the pair of them some coffee, handing one large mug of it to Dorion. "You hear shit like that, and yet people are surprised when individuals like you or me go into the private sector."

"As for your file..." He went on. "Yeah, STG did do a pretty through scrub of it. We only managed to get your name, the fact you worked for them, and a few minor odds and ends. Has that look of, you where enough trouble to get rid of, but not enough to bother with a bullet."

"I guess i can." she said handing the box over to the spartan. "Just suit your hand in the open space and it should fold out to the rifle. Mind you, if it feels a bit off, that's because the gun is tailored to myself. But no reloads, entirely based off of heat sinks. None the less, be careful with it." she said to him, taking a step back once he had possession of the weapon.

Dorion chuckle as he takes the mug and taking a sip of it. "Thank you and yes, you can bet on them being quite upset that I let the mercs go. Its like they think I can be Shepard. Blah stupid human made all the other agents look bad." He said as he sip his coffee once more. "I mean sure Shepard did amazing things, but now everyone expect their agents to try and do as great as he did. No respect at all."

He chuckles as he then said. "Though didn't help that I enjoy my job way to much and try to did as much damage as I could to our enemies. Even if innocents were in the way. Can't play it save at all during these times." Looking at Kurash as he said "So...Kurash, what's your story?"

"That makes me feel bad about wanting to laugh honestly, if it was a bunch of pros having an off day, sure, but yeah, not really ok with making fun of some one when they really are doing the best they can."

Murphy snorted as the shortstop tripped over second base.

"Fucking laugh. They still had a pretty decent pool to choose from, and these are the guys they put as starters."

He glanced over at Sarah. The nachos were dripping cheese on her fingers, and she seemed to be more relaxed than when she came in. Murphy was starting to get antsy, he wanted to go and train, but he knew that he needed to heal up, which would be another 48 hours. So he just sat back and watched the game - stealing glances at Sarah.

Gideon listened to Amaya attentively as she spoke, her voice sounding very down and depressed. After she mentioned how she could be seen as 'expendable'; Gideon decided to switch seats, now sitting next to the Geth platform, and he discreetly held the platform's hand in his, out of view of everyone else.

"I don't want to be military Eon. I want to live as normal as I possibly can... I want to have a family one day, raise kids of some sorts... but that fuck won't let me go. I'm only working so I can at least get some respect from everyone here, but I want out at some point. I don't want to spend my life calculating how to kill someone the most efficient way, or how to get a ship somewhere. I just want to be a woman..."

"Well, 'that fuck' is a damned fool for thinking your a tool. I know you ain't a tool Amaya, because unlike a tool, you think, you act, you speak your mind within reason, you actually give a damn about others, you know when to laugh and you know when to cry. I think you know who lost something when he became on of them, I don't know what that thing is, but there is a piece of his puzzle that is missing; I guess it's like the ancient art of alchemy, for something to be gained, something of equal value must be lost. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, that sort of thing. And between you and me, I think you'd make a great mother." Gideon said with a friendly smile.

"Now, about you dry those tears you must be shedding, and give me a little smile, or the nearest equivalent given the platform's capabilities."

Erik

He couldn't help but stare with a bit of amazement as Pistis' rifle unfolded in his hands. "That is too fuckin' cool." He muttered. Sighting down range he could see what she meant about its set up; the grips were too small for his hands, and the scope was too low, but other than that he was impressed. It was well-balanced, and surprisingly light; he was also very tempted to try firing it but Engineering was probably already pretty ticked off, so no need to stoke the fires further.

After a few more moments admiring the gun, he handed it back. "That's an impressive rifle, but doesn't the 'jet' basically draw a brilliant line right back to where you were?"

Kurash

"Me?" He said. "Not a hell of a lot to tell. Worked for the Blood Pack, and as an independent for a bit; took up with Aria when she made her play for Omega, been working for her ever since. One of the best things about that is, so long as it plays out in her favour, Aria doesn't really care how you get the job done." After a moment or two he chuckled. "You know...this is the longest non-work conversation I've had with a Salarian? Usually you people are all twitchy and afraid I'll try and eat you or something."

Amaya disabled the subroutine controlling her hands an let herself feel the pressure he exterted on her hand.it felt good, enough for her unit to have a better posture. it felt good to be able to feel him, even if it was through synthetics and not real flesh. "Thanks..." she said, trying to picture herself raising children. that brought a smile to her face, virtually. In the real world this also resulted in the few little plates around her head clicking, probably a result of her emotions.

"Thanks, but yeah, only if they're watching it though. It's more of a spit than a beam, so if they see my position, then they can trace it. only happened a few times." she said, putting it away, letting the gun store on her back inside its casing. "Anyway, i still want to work on your head, try to get the full you out here and center. You're a good man Erik, i don't want to see that go to waste on a killing machine." she said smiling.

Dorion chuckle as he added "This also been the longest time with a Krogan I didn't have to kill them. " He sips on his coffee. "though being serious, I'm not like most Salarians. As well as you don't seem like most Krogan." Sipping on his coffee. "Though if you don't have anything else to add, I think I will be going now. Much more to see around here and need to update my boss on certain things."

Erik

"Anyway, I still want to work on your head, try to get the full you out here and center. You're a good man Erik; I don't want to see that go to waste on a killing machine."

With that, Erik's smile vanished, and his miss-matched eyes went cold. "Just stop." He said with an icy edge to his voice. "What makes you think I want you poking around there?" Setting up a new target, he picked up a pistol and resumed firing.

Kurash

Sipping his own coffee, Kurash nodded to Dorion. "By all means, don't let me keep you." After the salarian left, he flicked through the arms catalogue for a bit, before tossing it aside and picking up his newest issue of 'Fornax'. Asari Tentacle Adventure 5...nice

"I'll give you your room an i'll drop the subject for now. So calm your nerves." She said, pulling out a pistol from her belt an taking shots down range, not being the most accurate, but shooting the target in close groupings. erik would have noticed that her pistol also folded out of a compact form. He could assume it was rather standard in the universe they were in..

After Dorion left Kurash "office", he decide to update his boss about the mission at the moment. Sending some images he took while exploring the ship after he left Jastis and before going outside. He also gave a bit of detail he learn from Kurash about the crew and about the Captain he met. Still no word on the deal he would be doing with the Geth since he was waiting for the machine to come and chat with him when he could.

Erik

At first Erik tried to ignore Pistis and work on his own pistol shooting, but a short while later, he'd stopped and was watching her shoot. After a bit he let out a long suffering sigh. "Hold up a second." He said finally, as she changed clips. "Either you're a self taught amateur, or your instructor wasn't very good; regardless, I can't watch this anymore."

Stepping into Pistis' stall, he shook his head. "Firstly." He said pulling a second, pistol off her belt, and setting it aside. "Just...no. Running around with a gun in each hand looks great in Hollywood, but in real life all you do is punch holes in the scenery, and waste ammo. Secondly, two hands on the grip, and don't stand there like a fuckin' board."

Standing beside her, Erik pointed his own gun down range, and dropped into the stance he was using before. "Put both hands on the gun, and stand like this; left shoulder, and hip, forward, pivot your right foot back a bit..." Getting out of the shooting position, he appraised Pistis' stance, using a tap here and there with a hand or a foot, to ad minor corrections. "Okay, now try it." The drell woman took several shots, the grouping noticeably tighter than before.

"heh... thanks Erik." Pistis said, taking a couple of more shots. "I am self taught, but not an amateur with two guns. I've trained myself to use them rather effectively. I just normally don't use my pistol for range, or only one at a time." she said, motioning for the firing to stop. A quick programming of her omnitool released a series of holo targets into the range.

She picked up her second pistol and made sure it was ready to rock and roll. "You've just not seen me in proper action action yet." she said smirking. Backing up, the drell did a running start, pulling a front flip over the hurdle and blasting the targets at her sides away, without stopping; rolls upwards brings her guns to bear on the target down range. She pulls of three shots and takes out three of the targets about a quarter of the range away from herself. She begins running and firing off to her left, taking out a series of targets, not looking at the sights at all. She kicked off the ground and landed, each gun pointing to the opposite side of her body, arms crossed. She pulled the trigger and blew away the remaining two targets.

Standing up, she walked back to erik. "If you want to teach me how to properly shoot, i'll learn from you. Cause i couldn't hit the broad side of a barn aiming down the sights. but outside of that, i shoot from feeling." she explained. There was a good chance that erik might pick up on the fact that she was a doctor.

When Pistis turned to face Erik, she found him leaning against one of the stall dividers looking rather underwhelmed. Giving her a slow clap, he slowly straightened himself up. "Very pretty." He said his voice thick with sarcasm. "I only saw three or four times where a Boot could've killed you...a SPARTAN would've shot you down before you finished that first flip."

Putting the rest of his gear away, he made for the door, stopping just before he stepped out of the range. "If and when you get tired of play acting the Hollywood 'badass' let me know...until then don't waste my time." With that he headed back to his quarters.

JASTIS-015

Knowing the new mission, Jastis decided to call everyone together to bring them up to date. It didn't take long to get them all to the bridge so he could use the holo table. Once everyone was there he began to go over the missions details to the group and Tau projects the freighter on the table. Jastis began to speak, "This freighter, TSS 840, 'The Flotsam', will arrive in Omega space at 0900 hours. It contains materials and information that would be damaging in these peoples' hands. We need to board it and take control of the vessel. However, whoever's in charge of this ship hired mercenary protection station-side to protect their approach. A boarding action is futile with them in the picture. What we need to do is knock out the mercs, at the same time as we board the ship, and take both sides by surprise."

Tau quickly brought up the station's schematics in place of the ships layout on the holo table. "My team will be the one who boards the ship; the other will be the one who attacks the station. As I have decided, my team, Team A, will consist of myself, Tau, Kurash, 'Tohai, and Bradford. Team B, will be led by Hamman and will consist of everyone else, minus Luna if she doesn't feel she can take part due to her previous injury. Any objections?"

The game was in the 6th inning or so when they got the call to meet up and heard down to the briefing room with Murphy. Once there she, and the others where briefed on the next mission, which is when she spotted a Drell and Krogan 'Lovely, just missing a Turian now and well have a full set....' she thought irately. Again, they'd be splitting into two teams, seemed to be a recurring theme here, and all seemed fine, till she heard the team setups, then she had this look like some one died, for a moment or two anyway, then she tried to hide her disapproval, not that she figured it matter, cause firstly she'd already tried to sort this out so it wouldn't happen, and that'd didn't stick, and secondly, barring this Kurash, whom she assumed was the Krogan, it was the best team set up for for this mission, though she wondered if the Krogan was gone be in the way or not.

Murphy noticed the look on Sarah's face as the teams were assigned. He would ask her about that later, for now, it was business time. He moved over to Erik, his mind moving rapidly.

"We're not getting close to that fucker without getting blown away." He said under his breath. "Here's my thought; put me in a vacsuit, and I can use one of Amaya's drones as a dolphin. From the outside we should be able to kill shields, plus most of their turrets. Just let me in through an airlock after you breach or I swear to god, I will haunt you every day that you live. Poltergeist shit."

"i regret to inform you Murphey, but the drones are out of commission. The communication systems in them and this platform are incompatable. So they are not going to be a trump card in this mission." Amaya explained to the operative, then focused back on the info at hand.

Shortly after, luna spoke up, having woken up maybe 10 or so minutes prior. "I disagree with my positioning, but this is your operation. I'll reach out to my contacts and pull up any info i can on the dock and try to get a few eyes watching the position." she said and began to fly through her omni-tool.
"If anything develops with my injury, i shall let you know and inform you of my operational status. until then i'm green-lit for the mission." she said, beginning to send out messages.

The drell had her objections, but for her own reasons. "I was informed that you "spartans" received medical training, but i would feel much better if the shipside team had a true and proper medic capable of field surgery, since an extraction if something goes wrong would be most difficult." Pistis commented.

Gideon was listening to the briefing that was being conducted by Jastis, seemed as though they were being asked to help clear out a ship that was arriving on Omega in a couple of days time. Problem was, that the captain of the Flotsam had hired mercenaries to protect their entry, this meant that both targets would need to be hit at once to prevent either side from contacting the other. It was good that Luna was on their side, as it meant they could get some additional eyes, ears, and intel on the layout and location of this mission area.

"So long as I can get a good spot to perch that has an overview of where these mercenaries are holding up, shouldn't be any problem in taking them out. The way I see it, this whole operation is going to have to be done quick, as if the mercs get a call out to the Flotsam, then the ship will turn tail and flee, taking whatever precious cargo they have with them." Gideon remarked as he scanned the schematics for any good vantage points for his sniper rifle.

Voh

Voh listen to the whole briefing silently. Letting others voice their opinion at first as he thought of the up coming battle. On the one hand, he was intching to fight once more. To draw his blade and put it to the test. To see which warrior is superior. On the other he was a bit worry about Luna. She was still injuried and unlike a Sangheili she needed help to dull the pain.

He didn't want to have to relay on the others to help protect her in case her injurer endangers her or her comrades in battle. Though Voh couldn't decide in what she did. Only Jastis and her can do that, though mostly the Demon since he was in charge here.

After some others input their opinion he voice his, "Do we know how strong their forces will be? What sort of weapons or how many mercs these people have hired?"

Dorion

While everyone spoke about the upcoming battle, Dorion was keeping to himself in the back. Letting them do most of the talking and keeping himself out of it. He was looking forward to the upcoming mission. There, he would be able to record their fighting and their effects on their weapons.

Erik

Erik flinched as Amaya spoke. "Damn, I was really hoping to use both of those to keep our airspace clear, or tag any runners...shit." Looming over everyone except the Captain, and Kurash, he quickly modified some of the plans he'd put together.

"Okay." He said finally. "Here's how we'll do it." Commandeering half the holo table, he brought up a wire-frame layout of the dock they were going to hit. "There is a catwalk here, and what looks like a supervisor's office here." As he spoke two points above the dock started glowing. "Gideon, I want you up there at which ever point suits you best. One, to give the entry teams support and two, since we don't have the drones right now I'll need you to at least disable anybody who tries to run."

Looking over to Murphy, he raised an eyebrow. "If you're sure you're up to this fine, but I'd like to throw in an addition. Luna, hit up your contacts and get us a shuttle of some sort. Dorion, since you're familiar with the tech you'll fly the shuttle." Two more points lit up on the space side of the dock. "Drop Murphy at the first point, then slip over and infiltrate point two. I want you two to sabotage as much of their defences as you can, preferably without blowing yourselves up." He added, looking at Murphy.

"So that leaves the entry to Luna, Amaya, Pistis, and myself." Manipulating the hologram, he enlarged the view of the station-side entrance. "As soon as the spooks kick off, we go in here. Luna, you say you're mission capable? Fine, but I'm not taking any risks. I want you to bunker up and watch our back in case they try and bring in re-enforcements from the station side...I'd hoped to use a drone, but that's a no-go. Amaya, I've done a bit of reading up, and those Geth platforms aren't super durable once they lose shields, so watch yourself. I'll also need you to jam their comms as well. I don't want the targets to be able to talk to each other if they're in the same damned room."

Standing straight, he stretched. "Pistis, you're with me. Assuming that ridiculously flashy stuff of yours is any good in a real fight, it will be a basic search and destroy sweep. We bust is, burn down anyone dumb enough to resist and seize the area. We time it right, and we'll be hitting the dock the same time Alpha is hitting the ship, so even if they get a call out, they'll just be shouting at each other for help."

"i shoot by feel, it's the way i trained myself and it works. I've used these guns for so long that aiming is second nature." she said to erik. "But if it's where you need me, i'll follow. You have my sword." she finished, placing her hand on an imaginary hilt.

Amaya's platform nodded in response to erik. "Yes, i've done the simulations. i've also re-routed power from communication systems used to communicate with other platforms to my shielding, so i should be fine. However, there is the question of what you want me on, since i am rather efficient with any weapon." she said to erik, not wanting to use the term killing with him.

" I want you two to sabotage as much of their defences as you can, preferably without blowing yourselves up."

Murphy bowed back in mock offense.

"What? I'm still in one piece. Mostly." He looked over at the schematic. "Just don't be too long with that airlock, vacsuits only give about four hours breathing time. One more thing, can we expect there to be personnel on the outside of the station, or will Dorian and I be able to hack shit up in peace?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked