The Heir Apparent: A Fantasy RP (Interest/Sign-up Thread -- APPLICATIONS CLOSED)

Pages PREV 1 2 3

CJ1145:
Snip

Arcanist:
Snip

I don't mean to spam the thread, but I've posted the edited sheet. Just wondering when I might have some feedback

Has this been abandoned? Or are you working on it? I'm just asking, since we haven't heard anything for a few days. :/

Yes, we are working on it. We've spent some time debating the decision, and have decided that we will be sticking with the accepted roster that Arcanist previously posted.

We are now in the process of setting up the in-game thread, an will be working on an Escapist group as well as a Skype group in the immediate future.

CJ1145:
Yes, we are working on it. We've spent some time debating the decision, and have decided that we will be sticking with the accepted roster that Arcanist previously posted.

We are now in the process of setting up the in-game thread, an will be working on an Escapist group as well as a Skype group in the immediate future.

Thanks. No feedback or anything, I may as well have not bothered.

I hope to Christ that this RP will be the dogs bollocks, I've never waited this long to start an RP in my life.

MortifiedPenguin:

The feedback was that you weren't accepted, unless you're that bothered about hearing every reason why not, than I'd probably leave it.

Looking forward to this RP when it gets started.

Rogue Trooper:
I hope to Christ that this RP will be the dogs bollocks, I've never waited this long to start an RP in my life.

Be thankful for the RPs that do get off the ground, as I've applied for many that simply haven't

JokerboyJordan:

MortifiedPenguin:

The feedback was that you weren't accepted, unless you're that bothered about hearing every reason why not, than I'd probably leave it.

Let's say you weren't accepted. Now, would you just leave, or would you like to hear why you weren't accepted? Not because you wish to nitpick, or argue, but simply because you can use it for other sheets, or because you wish to have the whole thing dealt with in your mind. Even if you're the kind of person that would just prefer to leave it, that doesn't mean everyone else is. So there's no need to be rude about it.

Also, she is not requesting feedback. She is showing disappointment in that she did not receive the feedback she had hoped she would get, from what I can see.

DarkRawen:

JokerboyJordan:

MortifiedPenguin:

Let's say you weren't accepted. Now, would you just leave, or would you like to hear why you weren't accepted? Not because you wish to nitpick, or argue, but simply because you can use it for other sheets, or because you wish to have the whole thing dealt with in your mind. Even if you're the kind of person that would just prefer to leave it, that doesn't mean everyone else is. So there's no need to be rude about it.

Also, she is not requesting feedback. She is showing disappointment in that she did not receive the feedback she had hoped she would get, from what I can see.

My annoyance is that I changed/expanded the parts of my sheet they were unhappy with so I'm curious why it was not accepted. If they just wanted to have the people they had already chosen they should have said so instead of giving me time to edit my sheet and raise my hopes of being accepted.

MortifiedPenguin:

DarkRawen:

JokerboyJordan:

My annoyance is that I changed/expanded the parts of my sheet they were unhappy with so I'm curious why it was not accepted. If they just wanted to have the people they had already chosen they should have said so instead of giving me time to edit my sheet and raise my hopes of being accepted.

Agreed

I completely forgot about this RP for a while there till I saw it on the front page, still nothing happening?

Pandalisk:

I completely forgot about this RP for a while there till I saw it on the front page, still nothing happening?

From what I've heard, they are still working on it. Will probably be a lot of text in the OP, considering.

The reason behind Penguin's sheet not being accepted honestly didn't really change from the first time around. An aerial armor, even if more justified in this new incarnation, simply did not feel like it fit with the setting we'd created. We never intended for air superiority to play into the kind of combat this RP would entail.

Now, I can understand being a little miffed that you didn't get more than a quick notification that your sheet wasn't selected, but what you're not taking into account is that you already got more special treatment than most anyone else that signed up. Both Arcanist and I were fairly certain that there was no way we could fit your sheet in, and could not think of a situation where it might fit. But I still decided to at least give you the chance of rewriting your sheet in the way hiei suggested. I never made a promise that doing such would get you in, or that we'd go into a back-and-forth on what could be done to make it a shoo-in. It was a chance to change some things, and we would go back and give it another look to see if this version might work out.

I am sorry to say, we preferred the line-up we already had. I'm sure you see me as some kind of asshole, and I may or may not be some kind of asshole, but at the end of the day, you got a last-second chance that no one else got, and it happened to not work out in your favor.

As for the issue of when the thread is coming up, we have not stopped working on it. The issue is the need for some collaboration, which is difficult when my co-GM is nocturnal and I am a fatass lion who spends 20 hours a day sleeping and the rest growling ineffectually at things. That said, it shouldn't take longer than an hour or two at this point, once I finally get an opportunity to sit down and just do it.

CJ1145:
The reason behind Penguin's sheet not being accepted honestly didn't really change from the first time around. An aerial armor, even if more justified in this new incarnation, simply did not feel like it fit with the setting we'd created. We never intended for air superiority to play into the kind of combat this RP would entail.

Now, I can understand being a little miffed that you didn't get more than a quick notification that your sheet wasn't selected, but what you're not taking into account is that you already got more special treatment than most anyone else that signed up. Both Arcanist and I were fairly certain that there was no way we could fit your sheet in, and could not think of a situation where it might fit. But I still decided to at least give you the chance of rewriting your sheet in the way hiei suggested. I never made a promise that doing such would get you in, or that we'd go into a back-and-forth on what could be done to make it a shoo-in. It was a chance to change some things, and we would go back and give it another look to see if this version might work out.

I am sorry to say, we preferred the line-up we already had. I'm sure you see me as some kind of asshole, and I may or may not be some kind of asshole, but at the end of the day, you got a last-second chance that no one else got, and it happened to not work out in your favor.

As for the issue of when the thread is coming up, we have not stopped working on it. The issue is the need for some collaboration, which is difficult when my co-GM is nocturnal and I am a fatass lion who spends 20 hours a day sleeping and the rest growling ineffectually at things. That said, it shouldn't take longer than an hour or two at this point, once I finally get an opportunity to sit down and just do it.

Happy fucking days best news I heard all night OP

CJ1145:
Snip

Then perhaps it would have been better to have said that in the first place than letting me edit it with Hiei's suggestions even though you had what appears to be no intention of accepting my sheet.

The Skype group is getting underway! PM me your skype info and I'll add you to the group as soon as I can.

Really cool concept guys, wish I could have applied for it. Can't wait to see how the war effort goes.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked