Fallout: Wild Horses (Open for Sheets)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

"War. War never changes. As the fires of Nuclear Armageddon finally settled, the great Vaults that safeguarded humanity's remnants opened, welcoming the survivors to the unforgiving landscape of the Wasteland. In this barren, hostile wilderness, they formed tribes and settlements, establishing new societies from the ashes of the old world. Those who are too weak, perish. Only the strong survive.

From one such Vault came the tribe known as the Khans, powerful, ambitious people, valuing strength and self reliance above all else. Following the wise words of an outsider, the Great Khans headed north from their homeland, into the untamed plains of eastern Wyoming. There, they formed the Great Khan Empire, bringing order and society to the plains. Their skills of survival and knowledge of ancient history allowed the Khans to finally settle in a land that was their own.

But no place in the Wasteland is without conflict. To the east lies the barren remains of the Dakotas, lawless, violent, and expanding. Raiders thick as water flood into the lands of the Khans, driven by some unseen force, some nightmare of the Eastern world. To the south, the remnants of the once mighty Legion strive to exact vengeance on those that wronged them, preying on the Caravans that form the lifeblood of the Empire.

The Wyoming Wasteland has become a time bomb, waiting to burst into a storm of violence. Because, in the end, war never changes."

Fallout: Wild Horses

Welcome to the world of Fallout: Wild Horses! This RP will take players into the heart of the Great Khans new Empire formed in the aftermath of Hoover Dam. It will follow the Independent ending of New Vegas, so Vegas is still an independent trading hub that buffers the NCR's eastward expansion. From the Eastern Rockies to the great plains, the Great Khans have rebuilt their strength, uniting the tribes of the land to become strong once again. The year is 2302, 20 years after the battle of Hoover Dam.

This RP will follow a nonlinear progression, as befitting the Fallout World's style of exploration and story. Players can team up if they want to, but if they wish to go their separate ways, and tell their own individual stories, they are free to do so. Of note in this RP are a new creature of the Wastelands, the Nightmare. (Thanks to FalloutJack for allowing me to use his idea!) The Nightmares are mutated Horses, midnight black in color and armed with split jaws and clawed hooves. The Great Khans have tamed these beasts to be their mounts, allowing their conquest of Wyoming to spread just as the Mongols of old stormed across Asia.

From the Great Khan capital at Fort Laramie, to the remains of a post volcanic eruption Yellowstone National Park, the Wyoming Wasteland is teeming with mobile settlements, nomadic tribals, and dangerous wildlife. The southeastern regions are most densely populated, with Cheyton (Post-war Cheyenne) being a major center of Commerce, featuring outfits from the Gun Runners to various Caravans.

Players can be any species they want, so long as it is sentient (organic or otherwise, robots are allowed). Be they human, Mariposa Super-Mutant, Ghoul or Robot, all must adapt to the mountains and plains of Wyoming if they are to survive.

You will need to fill out a character sheet and either PM it to me or post it in this thread to join. I don't plan on having a limit to the number of people in this RP, since I know there will be some droppers eventually. It will remain open, and it will be up to the new players to read up on the events in order to stay relevant. However, I would ask that any members looking to join after the RP begins please only PM me your sheets to cut down on clutter.

I cannot stress this enough, but I want this to be a nonlinear RP. Do whatever you want within the RP so long as you keep with the Fallout style. Create your own adventure essentially. I've found when I make more group story oriented RPs, things can grind to a halt if one or more players drops or does not keep up. So feel free to go at your own pace.

Character sheets can be submitted to myself either in this thread or via private messaging.

Additionally, I am looking for a Co-Game Master to help run this, if anybody is interested. I am soon going to be stuck in exams, but I do not want people to stop posting just because I am not around. Having a second GM will help alleviate this problem. Same as before, just PM me if you are interested in the position.

EDIT: The position for Co-GM has been filled. Say hello to Emperor Zuma as your second GM.

I hope to see lots of participants come out. And remember, war never changes. But people can.

Expect a sheet from me tomorrow. looks good and interesting.

Looks cool. I'd like to volunteer to be a co-GM.

There. Let me know what you think.

The Wyoming Wasteland

Wyoming was almost completely ignored in the Great War. The oil fields had already run dry long before the bombs fell. However, the Francis E. Warren Air Force Base was a primary target by the Chinese, hoping to stifle its missile capabilities. Cheyenne and Warren Air Force Base took the brunt of the nuclear strikes against Wyoming, leveling both. Numerous local dangers still plague the Wyoming wastelands. Several government research bunkers dot the more isolated regions of the state, dangerous lairs for the unwary, or potential bases for raiders. To the west lie the Rocky Mountains, to the east, the beginning of the Great Plains. Teeming with wild creatures, the Wyoming Wasteland has enough dangers to more than make up for the lower radiation.

Creatures of the Plains:
While the ubiquitous Radscorpion of the American southwest is an uncommon sight in Wyoming, the local wildlife is still just as deadly, if not deadlier. Deathclaws still roam the land, either making nests in the Rockies, or prowling the plains like packs of lions.

Northern Yao Guai are the larger, meaner cousins of the traditional yao guai. Rather than being mutated from smaller Black Bears, these behemoths are the result of radiation infected Grizzlies. They are far larger than their cousins, and much more dangerous. However, they are also slower, and less common.

Nightmares are mutant horses. Their hair is midnight black, and their lower jaws split in two to reveal large, sharp teeth. Their hooves are clawed for self defense. While many of these Nightmares have been domesticated by the Great Khans and smaller tribes, whole herds of wild Nightmares still race across the plains.

White Tails are a mutated cross between a fox and a rabbit, creating a large, leaping predator that hides in the brush before ambushing its prey.

Diamondbacks are gigantic rattlesnakes that lurk in the rivers and along lakebeds, waiting to drag unwary travelers to their doom. If the snake's attack does not instantly kill the prey, it's extremely potent venom will. Some subspecies have even developed the ability to spit corrosive venom much like a cobra, blinding and burning their target before they strike.

Tauros are mutant bison, with oversized horns and shaggy fur covering their entire bodies. They are extremely aggressive, and a common raider tactic of stampeding these beasts through small towns can lead to highly destructive disasters. They are best left alone, as they will not hesitate to attack humans who venture too close to the herd.

In addition, Bighorners, Brahmin, Coyotes and Dogs are all common sights across the plains.

Towns:

Fort Laramie is the largest permanent settlement of the Great Khans. Following Papa Khan's death, Regis took the Khans to the remains of what looked like a pre-war fort or tourist attraction. With the abundance of Tauros herds in the area, the Khans re-established the ancient fur trades, making Laramie a strong economic partner to the town of Cheyton. Though nowhere near as populous as Cheyton, Fort Laramie's cultural significance for the Khans has made it their capital, a place any Khan can turn to in times of need.

Cheyton is the second capital of Wyoming, this one of the local population. Built over the ruins of Cheyenne, they enjoy a large trading deal with the surrounding villages and the Khan camps. A population of roughly three thousand people makes Cheyton the largest permanent town in Wyoming. The Followers of the Apocalypse have sent small groups of volunteers here to aide in the expansion of the settlement. Caravans and Gun Runners also make this their number one stop in the north, where the center of commerce makes Cheyton a highly lucrative business venture into the Northern Commonwealth.

Dry Springs is a fishing town along the banks of the Flaming Gorge Resevoir. It primarily deals with the fish that flow downstream from the Rockies into the resevoir, where they become trapped for the fishermen. Founded by the Tempson family, Dry Springs is a fairly populous town, easily recognized by its wooden buildings and numerous old oil wells in the surrounding area.

Yellowstone Crater is the volcanic remains of Yellowstone National Park. When the bombs fell, the immense seismic activity cause the supervolcano to erupt, completely obliterating the famous park. Some believe that this eruption was at least partially responsible for the nuclear winter of the Great War, as the huge plumes of ash that would have been thrown into the sky would have choked the surface of all life.

Devil's Tower is located in northeastern Wyoming. Some travelers swear that an ancient prize lies at the top of the rock, but none have ever made the climb successfully sine before the war.

Teton is a small mountain community in northwest Wyoming. Up in the mountains, they trade mostly in Bighorners, but are very isolated from the rest of the state.

There are several other, smaller communities across Wyoming, but I want to give you guys the chance to create some as well. These are just the big ones if you need a place to start.

I am very interested in this.

Just give me some time and a character sheet will definitely be on its way.

:D

Looks good OP, give me some time and I'll start on a sheet.

RipVanTinkle:

I know you're not the GM, but still...

since we're both already in one Fallout RP that seems to be taking its time...

what do you think of my Eyebot?

TheDoctor455:

RipVanTinkle:

Sorry about that, Doc. You see, my campaign is partially handling itself and then I update when I feel enough has been done. And then, before I do that, I TRY to have it so that everyone does their thing first. (Not always successful.) It's a matter of fact that I update soon. Also, I'm putting a character into this.

FalloutJack:

TheDoctor455:

RipVanTinkle:

Sorry about that, Doc. You see, my campaign is partially handling itself and then I update when I feel enough has been done. And then, before I do that, I TRY to have it so that everyone does their thing first. (Not always successful.) It's a matter of fact that I update soon. Also, I'm putting a character into this.

No worries. And... cool.

Here you go! Hope that's all okay.

Edited! Added Traits, a few more items in her inventory and included the recent addition to her newfound family, a sister of all things!.

TheDoctor455:

RipVanTinkle:

I-I want to hug your Eyebot, give it a home and a blanket.

She's adorable!

Although an Eyebot is a pretty awesome idea. I liked your execution. You gave a floating metal ball depth, personality and motivation...well, colour me interested. Because I like Vera :D

As for our other RP, you know, quality over quantity and all that.
FalloutJack does an amazing job at what he does, always worth the wait if you're fully invested.

RipVanTinkle:

TheDoctor455:

RipVanTinkle:

I-I want to hug your Eyebot, give it a home and a blanket.

She's adorable!

Although an Eyebot is a pretty awesome idea. I liked your execution. You gave a floating metal ball depth, personality and motivation...well, colour me interested. Because I like Vera :D

As for our other RP, you know, quality over quantity and all that.
FalloutJack does an amazing job at what he does, always worth the wait if you're fully invested.

True. Not blaming FalloutJack for anything.

Just a bit impatient with the group Mr. Truant is with.

EDIT:

And thanks. I appreciate it.

Though... I'm pretty sure ED-E got a lot of depth added to him in Lonesome Road.

So, are we to PM you our sheet, post it here, or both? I did one, but not the other...now I feel like my archetype is gonna get unknowingly used.

I must say, the thread concept interests me. I'm not sure I'll be able to join, but I might be able to make a sheet in the next few days. Perhaps an explosives user, or a medic?

DP

EmperorZuma:
So, are we to PM you our sheet, post it here, or both? I did one, but not the other...now I feel like my archetype is gonna get unknowingly used.

You can do it either way. Some people prefer to keep their characters private, but if you want, you can post it here as well. Like I said, I am going to keep this RP open, given the freeform style I want to try out. Once the RP starts, however, I will only take sheets by PM so that we don't clutter up the game thread.

PrinceOfShapeir:
Snip

Interesting. So Covington headed north into Montana before swinging back south to Wyoming?

Then I'll just put this in here too, for funsies.

The Factions and Groups of the Wyoming Wasteland

Several diverse groups populate the Wyoming Wasteland. These are some of the major players.

The Great Khans
The Great Khans came to Wyoming twenty years ago, and have been the dominant power in the region ever since. Their medical know how, and knowledge of history and warfare made them ideally suited to carve out a great Empire in the lawless plains of Wyoming and the American northwest. Roaming the plains in war bands and nomadic hunting parties, the Khans took to taming the local Nightmares as the Californians had the Brahmin. Conducting lightning fast raids and ambushes, the Great Khans are the bane of any raider or thug stupid enough to threaten them or their territory. However, the mounting threat of a huge Raider army pushing across the Great Plains could be more than the Khans can handle. Only time will tell if they will weather the storm, or be swallowed up in a sea of violence.

Great Khans are found all across Wyoming, traveling in mobile villages. Their largest permanent settlement, and capital, is Fort Laramie, in Southeast Wyoming, a short distance from the trading town of Cheyton.

The Raider Alliance
Racing across the plains, either on a quest of conquest, or fleeing from a greater threat, several organized raider groups from the American Midwest have begun probing the edges of Wyoming. They are testing the borders to see if the region will be an easy score or a hard fought campaign. Regardless of their intentions or motivations, these raiders form the greatest threat to the Great Khans claim on Wyoming territory. There are numerous smaller groups of note within the Alliance.

The Rattlers are a tribal raider party, making extensive use of venom extracted from dead Diamondbacks. Less modernized than other raiders, they rely on their roots as tribal hunters over firearms. They are notorious among Wyoming wastelanders for their destruction of the northern town of Sheridan, a flourishing community that was set aflame and left to rot. The Ratters are easily identified by their coiling red tattoos, actually burn marks from Diamondback Venom applied to their skin.

The Knuckleheads are another infamous group. Noted by their signature spiked knuckle weapons, they are a society of brawlers. Organized through a social hierarchy similar to the Khans (though much less civilized and intelligent), the Knuckleheads follow the biggest, strongest member of the gang, called Thumpers. Acting as a sort of sergeant or captain, A Thumper controls his men through brute force. You either punch the enemy, or try punching him and seeing how things turn out.

The Niners are a group of plasma flinging madmen, originating from Vault 9 in South Dakota. Vault 9 was one of Vault-Tec's numerous social experiment vaults. Vault 9 was stocked with energy based weaponry, and then filled with people exhibiting doomsday paranoia, particularly ones fearing death by nuclear weaponry or energy lasers. Those that survived the intense paranoia of the Vault were met with an even greater hell when the Vault door swung open. They had finally done it. They blew it up, damning the Niners all to hell.

The Last Legion are one of the newest, yet easily deadliest, additions to the Raider Alliance. With the death of Caesar and the shattering of the Legion's might at Hoover Dam, the Legion fragmented. Without strong leadership, the once organized and secure lands of Arizona fell into chaos as the marginalized and disposed peoples rose up to regain their lost heritage. With the Legion lands in chaos, and seeing little hope in regaining their territory, the remnants of the army headed northwards. There, they intended to exact their revenge on the Khans, who had abandoned them at the Dam to the well equipped NCR. Lacking the strength to attack the Khans directly, however, the Legion was forced to throw their lot in with the Alliance, grudgingly working alongside the profligates to punish those that had wronged them.

The Followers of the Apocalypse
The Followers have a small presence in Wyoming, primarily located around the town of Cheyton. As their influence spread following Hoover Dam, the Followers became more and more distant from their origins in the NCR. While still on good terms with the Californians, the Followers became more independent than ever before, plying their trade as medical doctors and educators across the wastes. Braving the dangerous territories of the 80s in Utah, a small group made it into Southern Wyoming, hearing rumors of a medical clinic operating there. They remain a helpful group, and well respected by the locals for their ties with the Great Khans.

Vault 73
vault 73 is an anachronism even among the bizarre occupants of the Wasteland. A small Japanese community built around Vault 73, they often trade with the Great Khans for their impressive metalwork. Vault 73 Swords are prized possessions among the Khans, as they are fine weapons in their own right. Using ancient metal folding techniques, their weapons are incredibly hardy, and easily able to cut through even armored targets.

Brotherhood of Steel, Wyoming Chapter
The Wyoming Brotherhood Chapter share their Western cousin's attitude towards technology and who should be allowed to possess it. Located in Oil City (Casper, Wyoming), the Wyoming Brotherhood operates out of a reinforced Oil refinery. When the Resource Wars erupted, the United States Government scrambled to stockpile whatever crude oil they had left. When the Brotherhood arrived, they discovered a large Oil stockpile left behind after the Great War. This massive resource gave the Wyoming Chapter a large advantage over people in their surroundings. They had better equipment, better training, and now, a massive resource to run their more advanced technology, such as heating systems, vital to survive the Wyoming Wasteland's harsh winters.

Local Federation
The Local Federation refers to the towns dotting Wyoming's landscape. They are not a faction in the traditional sense, but rather, a loose conglomeration of independent settlements that share trading ties and protection deals with the Great Khans. Despite this beneficial organization, ambitious town leaders often lead to friction whenever the Federation convenes to discuss policy changes. Periods of violent disagreement and trade sanctions are an all to common occurrence between the towns as they vie for economic dominance.

Not too sure about New Vegas ending, but I'll pop one in anyway!

Let me know what you think, haven't done a character sheet in a long, long time.

Green Shoes:
Not too sure about New Vegas ending, but I'll pop one in anyway!

Let me know what you think, haven't done a character sheet in a long, long time.

Not bad, nice to see a Ghoul. I chose the Independent path for Vegas because I feel that leaves the most room for expansion. If it was NCR winning, we'd just see a repeat of the Mojave incident where the Bear stretches itself too far. A Legion win and there's nothing left in the south. House would be isolationist. So with the Independent ending, we get the most variety with ties to the South. The NCR isn't beaten, it is just forced to move around the Mojave area instead of steamrolling it. And Vegas would still remain a good trade partner, given its resources and casinos. Just not under the NCR or Legion flags.

It also means we get to play with the Great Khans more, rather than them remaining the broken shell that they were.

Thoughts or opinions?

VuvuZelaMan:
I must say, the thread concept interests me. I'm not sure I'll be able to join, but I might be able to make a sheet in the next few days. Perhaps an explosives user, or a medic?

Entirely up to you. And if you can't join right away, don't worry. The RP will remain open so that players may come and go.

Criticisms welcome, might be extremely late here. Might've made this a clusterfuck.

RuedyN:

Criticisms welcome, might be extremely late here. Might've made this a clusterfuck.

Late? Nah, it's only five thirty in the morning and i haven't gone to sleep yet. Sounds neat. I only added the Legion tonight anyways. You always seem to get the best ideas late at night when you're in a feverish haze. So I woke up and wrote it down. It's good to see that it is already being put to good use.

Soviet Heavy:

EmperorZuma:

[quote="PrinceOfShapeir" post="540.404210.16741528"]Snip

Interesting. So Covington headed north into Montana before swinging back south to Wyoming?

Uh...

Wow, oops.

Wrote Montana when I was thinking Wyoming. Fixed it.

Can we create a settlement in Wyoming to suport our characters back story? If so I have a good idea ;) will post tonight after work.

If any of this isn't okay don't hesitate to let me know.
As always comments and criticisms are welcome.

Last "Major" Edit: 02(Tuesday)/04(April)/13(2013)
Last Maintenance Edit: 07(Sunday)/07(July)/13(2013) - Minor changes (Format, corrections, additions)

PrinceOfShapeir:

Soviet Heavy:

EmperorZuma:

Uh...

Wow, oops.

Wrote Montana when I was thinking Wyoming. Fixed it.

No worries. They share a border so it wasn't too far out of the way.

[quote="RobDaBank" post="540.404210.16750529"]Can we create a settlement in Wyoming to suport our characters back story? If so I have a good idea ;) will post tonight after work.

Yes you can. I just put up the major settlements and points of interest. Most of it seems to be centered around the southern half of Wyoming, so more towns are welcome.

Soviet Heavy:
Snip

Any word on our mystery guest? (Don't tell 'em yet.)

FalloutJack:

Soviet Heavy:
Snip

Yeah, he's fine. Sorry for not responding to the PM. But he's cool.

Soviet Heavy:

FalloutJack:

Soviet Heavy:
Snip

Yeah, he's fine. Sorry for not responding to the PM. But he's cool.

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaa!!!

Putting some finishing touches on a sheet. Will post sooooooon...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here