Sinking in a Sea of Sands Started Closed

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

In this game you play a group of strangers who wake up in the middle of a desert. The world around you is completely empty, nothing but golden ground and cyan skies as far as they eye can see. You are stuck, starvation, desiccation or stewing are all probabilities. Not a square inch of shade and sun streaming from every single spot of the sky.

But if you decided not to just lie down and die of despair you'll find your mind melting in the heat. Your perceptions of reality will become distorted by fever and hallucinations, or maybe reality really is warping around you.

Then there are the Strangers, you must be imagining them, given how some of them look like creatures from bad fiction. If you like you can get to know them try to find sense behind this, sure they may scare you but it's not like you're any less dead if you chose to be shy.
However they might not all be strangers, one of the other people trapped her is linked to you somehow. They could be as close as a lover or nemesis or as tentatively connected to you as a figure from your history. But whatever the link it's there, and who knows it may be a clue.

Chin up, maybe you're lucky and this is just hell.

I'd be looking for about 6 or 8 players.

Any questions of feedback please post it here.

Yes, you restarted it. Well, here's my character again:

RandomMan01:

Snip

I like the character so you've got a good chance to get in. I'll contact the other people who applied in the old thread so we should have a good base to start getting more people in.

Can I snag a reserve?

Deu Sex:
Can I snag a reserve?

Sure and thanks for the interest.

In the words of Doom Paul;

Here's my sheet, looking forward to this RP actually starting.

Knife-28:

Snip

Thanks for the Enthusiasm and there are no problems in terms of your character.

Plus it'll be fun to have someone being all Meta; the sands don't look kindly on that sort of thing.

bump of hope

This seems good, I'll post a sheet when I can, will have one up by tomorrow evening (for me.)

Interesting, I'll try to have a sheet up sometime tomorrow if possible. Expect something nonhuman, if I can manage it that is.

Here's my character, please let me know if there's any problems.

DarkRawen:

Snip

First thoughts are good
The idea is interesting and I'm curious about seeing more. So providing I'm not overloaded with sheet you should get in.
Though "with a widespread use of natural energy-sources" did make me laugh a bit.

avouleance2nd:

DarkRawen:

Snip

First thoughts are good
The idea is interesting and I'm curious about seeing more. So providing I'm not overloaded with sheet you should get in.
Though "with a widespread use of natural energy-sources" did make me laugh a bit.

Kay then.

Sorry for writing something ridiculous, I will blame it on me not being a native English speaker! >_>

Edit: Also, I fixed it, I think. I was intending to write renewable energy >_> Like. Not oil, and and coal and stuff, which are also natural energy-sources >_>

DarkRawen:

Snip

It's fine just something that sounded a little odd. There's a thing or two but the meaning is always clear so it just comes off as a bit of creative wording. Still nice to see the first non-human hopefully there are more to come.

Yes! itīs finally happening! And I thought any rp I came into contact with was doomed to die...
BTW, sorry for not posting earlier, I got conjunctivitis and wasnīt allowed near any computer (and I don't own one myself).

megadraco:

Snip

Looks good from a first re-reading but just one thing. The rules section needs expanding; even if your using a simple power set it's worth elaborating on just in case other people have different ideas to you.

EDIT

To everyone who's got a sheet in already feel free to start working on possible pairings and connection ideas. Just tell me if you come up with anything.

Elaborated on the rules, expanded on the power related weakness (in the rules section) and decided to change the powers a bit and add the fire control rules.
EDIT: edited out a typo.

megadraco:

Snip

Thanks for the edits to clear things up.
But one thing that a friend pointed out it would help if you had spacing between your paragraphs just to make your sheet easier to read.
Thanks again for the quick response.

Alright, added spacing. Also went ahead and written Celsius degrees fully, because ° and C, when together, or even when separated by a space, glitch.

Here is my char, let me know if there are any problems or things that you want explained further. Sorry if it gets a bit too technical at times, its a bit tricky explaining an alien's biology, even one modeled somewhat off of existing creatures.

IFS:

Snip

Don't be sorry technical is great and I really like the sheet so your chances should be good.

Going to have to pull my reserve.

Deu Sex:
Going to have to pull my reserve.

It's a shame but thanks for telling me.

This looks interesting, I'll edit in my profile later...

Coppernerves:

Snip

Looks pretty good and there are some interesting things there to work with.

IFS:

snip

megadraco:

Snip

DarkRawen:

snip

RandomMan01:

Snip

Knife-28:
In the words of Doom Paul;

Here's my sheet, looking forward to this RP actually starting.

[spoiler=Knife]
Snip[

And then there were 6

And now you have a choice. We still have to finalise everyone's relationships and we are at the minimum for players to start
So we could take on another two players but we don't need to.

I'm not sure either way so I'm opening it to a vote.

Do we wait for two more (say give it until next Monday) or just get on with it?

Also I'll be re-reading all the sheets, you're all still in but I may have some expansion ideas to talk about in private.

Thanks in advance for joining me on this crazy experiment.
If it blows up in our faces I'm sorry but if it doesn't then I may going ahead with a few other ideas in the future.

avouleance2nd:
And then there were 6

And now you have a choice. We still have to finalise everyone's relationships and we are at the minimum for players to start

Also I'll be re-reading all the sheets, you're all still in but I may have some expansion ideas to talk about in private.

If it blows up in our faces I'm sorry but if it doesn't then I may going ahead with a few other ideas in the future.

I say we wait, I know a couple people who should be working on sheets, and I'd say it wouldn't hurt to give them a couple more days to finish them up.

IFS:

avouleance2nd:
And then there were 6

I say we wait, I know a couple people who should be working on sheets, and I'd say it wouldn't hurt to give them a couple more days to finish them up.

Well, if there are other people working on character sheets, then I vote for waiting, too.

Yeah, I vote for waiting too.

Ok that's three for waiting so that's what we'll do.
Anyone who knows people who are working on a sheet tell them they have until Monday.

I'll have something tomorrow.

EDIT: In the template, when describing what to put for "Weaknesses", you put "floors" where it should be "flaws". It's a minor thing. English can be a tricky language, especially when written.

willofbob:
I'll have something tomorrow.

EDIT: In the template, when describing what to put for "Weaknesses", you put "floors" where it should be "flaws". It's a minor thing. English can be a tricky language, especially when written.

Cool can't wait to see what you've got.

And silly me I'll just edit that.

I am getting so excited about this.
The barren desert should put the focus on player characters and relationships, until the GM decides to expand the setting a bit.

And done. Tell me if there's any trouble or anything.

Terratina.:

Snip

Your accepted

Coppernerves:

Snip

IFS:

snip

megadraco:

Snip

DarkRawen:

snip

RandomMan01:

Snip

willofbob:

Snip

Knife-28:

Snip

Everyone who's submitted a sheet or is about to it's time to finalise the connections I'd like a paragraph or so of explanation from each pair. If you've got a pair already awesome otherwise just ask and I can assign them.

Also if you don't already have me on Skype feel free to add me it's avouleance aaq since it's a good communication system to have and I can set up a chat for the rp (just text though no voice).

Terratina.:

Snip

Coppernerves:

Snip

IFS:

snip

megadraco:

Snip

DarkRawen:

snip

RandomMan01:

Snip

willofbob:

Snip

Knife-28:

Snip

Ok now everyone should have their partners (any errors just tell me)
The only things that need to happen now are

1-Willofbob submits a sheet

2-Everyone needs to sort out their connections

3-People who want to add avouleance aaq on skype

4-I post the new thread

As some people have asked it'll be a good time to explain what the connections are.
The connections can be anyway in which your characters are connected. For example maybe they have met before, either as friends or enemies, or maybe one if the other's ancestor (Completely ignoring the fact they are from different realities) the only requirement is that at least one of you needs to be aware of the other's existence, even if they won't recognise you right away (so that it'll actually affect the interactions).

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked