Don't Rest Your Head, An Insomnia RP: Interest Thread OPEN

How long has it been since you last slept? Days? Weeks? Months? For some it has been years. You are not one of these people. You have been awake for the past few days and have found yourself woken from a trance in a nightmare realm, but you don't know that yet. Explore the city at your own risk, possibly discover something about yourself.

Don't Rest Your Head is a game about insomnia, madness and nightmares. Everyone is an insomniac and not only has a special talent, but is also capable of bending the natural world into the unnatural. Try to stay alive as long as you can without succumbing to the madness.

Your characters will start out human, though it is possible to end up non-human by the end of this. You also have to pick your own special power and talent. The power can be anything you want as long as it is extraordinarily terrifying (raining acid blood, slashing people in half with your mind, etc) and can be of a power rating between 1-6 with 6 being the most powerful and 1 the least. You get to pick the power rating, but everything comes at a price.

This is mostly story based, but I do have a combat system in place which you can read about here. http://scottrpg.com/rpg/DRYH20.pdf

Some people will notice I didn't add a personality section. If you want it, that's fine. A lot of people don't like them and that's fine too. I won't judge if people use it or don't.

Ok, nobody else has posted anything but I'm willing to give this a shot, maybe it will prompt someone else to post too.

I may have missed the point of the RP entirely but it was fun to make this character.

JaceValm:
Ok, nobody else has posted anything but I'm willing to give this a shot, maybe it will prompt someone else to post too.

I may have missed the point of the RP entirely but it was fun to make this character.

While everything on here is fine, keep in mind, if you want to use your talent for bonuses to your roll, it needs to make sense in the narrative. Using legal expertise could be difficult to write. I like the backstory though. Overall a good sheet.

So what do you think?

Criticisms welcome!

And changed... Very little, actually. I'm tired?

TheDoctor455:

So what do you think?

One thing to keep in mind, your talent only reflects the exhaustion side of dice. Your power is what fits in with madness. Your bio is also a bit hard to follow but the rest of the sheet seems fine.

RuedyN:

Criticisms welcome!

While I am fine with the power, you can only really have one talent. Also, the bio is a tiny bit on the weak side. Not enough for me to reject the sheet or anything, but I think compounding a heavy workload or something along with his crush committing suicide would help it a lot.

drmigit2:

TheDoctor455:

So what do you think?

One thing to keep in mind, your talent only reflects the exhaustion side of dice. Your power is what fits in with madness. Your bio is also a bit hard to follow but the rest of the sheet seems fine.

RuedyN:

Criticisms welcome!

While I am fine with the power, you can only really have one talent. Also, the bio is a tiny bit on the weak side. Not enough for me to reject the sheet or anything, but I think compounding a heavy workload or something along with his crush committing suicide would help it a lot.

Hmm... so what about my bio should I change?

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked