Fallout: Wild Horses (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Somewhere between Dry Springs and Teton

"So, tell me a bit more about you."

"Well I've been out here for about six years now, I was a gun runner before that."

Martin thought he saw something out of the corner of his eye, so he slid his hand down to his revolver as they walked.

"They originally hired me out of Los Angeles."

Cheyton Marketplace: Retail Therapy Advertisement

Tessa had the fortune of having an equally small, equally thin half-sister. With a slight height discrepancy, any clothing that fit to Tessa's body would look even better on her booksmart beautiful half-sister. Slightly miffed that she just couldn't blow all her caps on pretty dresses. She had to arrange a variety of clothing for them and their upcoming ventures.

Picking out pairs of each item, she found summer dresses, various pre-war shirts and pants, scribe robes, trader outfits fitted with innumerable amount of pockets, scarves, head-wraps and finally two formal black and white dresses fitted with a stylish belt.

Piled up all at once, the second-hand clothing trader was positively awestruck at Tessa's massive impulse purchase. "Ma'am, you do realize these are second-hand clothing or donations."

Pulling out one of the summer dresses stained with blood, Tessa pointed with a smirk. "I noticed. But it's nothing an auto-wash won't fix, right?" The trader reassured her that there was nothing to worry about and billed her after counting the items of clothing. 200 caps for the entire bundle. "Thank you very much!" beaming with joy, she made her way home with her large stack of clothing.

The Rabbit Hole: Boring Interlude

Tempted to try out all the clothing, she stuck the load in the auto-wash instead, which would finish automatically once the clothing was sufficiently clean. She counted her remaining caps in the meantime and pouted: "232 caps!? I'm becoming poor again."

Tessa did, however, don the scarf head-wrap and made her way into the market again. Time to lure out some knucklehead activity. Pocketing the caps and leaving her schoolbag behind, she needed to move uninhibited.

Cheyton Marketplace Roofs: Back To Your Regularly Scheduled Action!

Tessa found that the best way to scout alleyways was from above, people underestimate the ability to attack from above.

Now if these Knucklehead's had any sense, they would post scouts on the rooftops overlooking the market like Tessa had done with the Feral Rabbits of Freeside. Yet to Tessa's advantage and going off the Doctor's information, they could be found waiting in alleyways for easy muggings. Seriously, for organized crime, they made rookie mistakes.

[Silent Running][Finesse] Tessa kept low and made her way silently from rooftop to rooftop, watching any alleyways before moving onto the next.

Moving away from the marketplace, she moved towards the beginning of the slums and just before she was going to make her way back, the beginning of screams and a fight could be heard nearby. Hopping towards the source, she peeked over the edge and spotted a group of three large men, shaven heads with spiked knuckles beating a scrawny man senseless. Caps were hitting the ground with every kick before two of the men left while laughing.

Spiked knuckles...many gangs had trademark weapons. The Feral Rabbits were known for blades and shotguns...

Giving time as they turned the corner, Tessa silently descended to a second-story balcony. Positioning herself just above the Knucklehead who was viciously puncturing the man's leg. Tessa's drew her bowie knife and readied the blade in a downward motion.

The best way to get a drop on your enemy, is to literally drop down on your enemy.

Dropping from above and using the force of gravity and practiced positioning, she buried her bowie knife deeply just beneath the collarbone of the Knucklehead. Wrapping her legs around his waist, Tessa attempted to withdraw her blade for another attack but was grabbed by the shoulders and tossed over the man.

Landing sprawling like the most ungraceful cat, Tessa was surprised to see the large muscled opponent pull out her knife and throw it to the wayside. Meanwhile, Tessa was backpedalling for distance with a smirk on her face.

"Running away, little bitch!?"

"No." Tessa activated her throwing knife dispenser. "Just going to make you my little bitch."

[Loose Cannon] She sent the first blade soaring into the man's thigh, she started to close the distance and threw the second blade into the man's chest and finally she buried the last blade into his opposing thigh while dodging a wild swing.

Buckling to the ground in absolute pain, the Knucklehead collapsed face-first in agony, which only served to bury the blades deeper. Retrieving her bowie knife and pushing the man over with her boot, she mounted the bleeding man and pressed the blade point-first to his throat.

"If you move or even think of attacking me, this blade is going to pierce your throat." With a satisfied growl in her voice, she continued. "You're a Knucklehead, right? Answer with a yes or a no. Any head movement will kill you."

"Y-yes, you crazy bitc-!" The stammering Knucklehead managed to splutter.

Pressing the full blade against his throat, she was beginning to cause a shallow cut. "Spike-Knucks, that's your guys trademark?"

"Yes goddammit...w-we have to wear them!...Code!"

"Thanks Jackass, now I want you spread a message to your friends." This is the part where Tessa leaned back, twisted and pulled each knife out of his body. The man screamed like a girl, much to her delight. "Cheyton belongs to The Twisted Hares. You got that?"

With severe force, Tessa struck the man on the temple with the handle of her bowie knife, knocking him unconscious. He was bleeding out, but she was sure someone of his gang would cross his path. However, there was the trader that was being attacked earlier, a scrawny man who had crawled behind a dumpster during their brief fight.

"Not going to hurt you." She holstered her weapons and offered her hand. She was greeted by a sackful of caps and a scared plea instead.

"Take it, there's 300 at least left! Just please get me out of here! Draping the trader's arm around her shoulder, helping the man with injured legs back towards the safety of the Followers. Tessa offered caps for his treatment, but she was waved off and told that he had more. She was ushered off with one last thank you and a goodbye.

Tessa cleaned herself off, blades, blood and all in the Followers bathroom and made her way back to the Marketplace one last time.

532 caps today. Not bad for "honest" work.

She was exhausted, eager to share her intel, aching a little from the fight, hungry and she wanted to find her sisters.

And with a stroke of luck, she found her beautiful sister Mercy and the adorable Vera walking and hovering, respectively in her direction.

Cheyton Markets

"You're a genius Vera!" the littlest plasma bunny cried out before she went into one of her trademark, rapidfire, and nearly incomprehensible explanations. Vera caught the gist of what she was saying though.

"Hmm..." Vera ventured, thinking it through before continuing, "We can also rig timers to prevent them from going off during the day. Should be fine as long as we accurately predict the next day's length each time. Also..." Vera paused for a moment to quickly re-analyze her data, "If I'm right, I could also set them off with brief flashes from a combination of my new arc projector... and my refined hologram projector."

Then Vera saw something that made her metaphorical jaw drop. On another table nearby, was a slightly damaged BAR assault rifle with two boxes of ammo next to it, and next to that there were five sensor modules and three conductors... and a small arc pylon. And looking at the merchant's white eyes, Vera figured he was half-blind.

Struggling to regain her composure and contain the eager shock in her voice as she approached the vendor, Vera said, "Umm... how much for that big gun... and the ammo... and those," she indicated each item by tapping it with her multitool loudly.

"Hmm... 400 for the gun and ammo," the old and yes half-blind man said after he figured out what Vera was pointing to, "and 75 for all of this crap. And as for that stick over there... I'll throw that in for free."

YES! Either he REALLY wants to get rid of this stuff, or he has no idea what he has there.

"I'll take them!" Vera said, opening her cap-slot and shutting off its localized magnetics to drop the appropriate amount onto the old vendor's hands, "Thanks! This was a real steal!"

"Anything for a pretty lady," the old man grinned at her. Vera activated her exterior magnetics to draw the rifle, ammo, sensor modules, pylon, and conductors to her. Only trouble was, Vera was now covered in her purchases, and couldn't see where she was going.

"Umm... Mercy?" Vera called out to her favortist little plasma sister in the whole world, "Umm... could you... lead me where we need to go? I'm having a little trouble seeing here."

Cheyton Slums. A... different perspective

Ulysses walked through the haggard crowds and bustling shadows of the Cheyton slums with relative ease. No one wanted to fuck with the guy with a sniper rifle and flag pole strapped to his back, and a nasty-looking smg holstered on his hip. The Sole Bearer of the Old World Flag stalked his way to the Knuckleheads' headquarters in Cheyton. Following its idiot members without any trouble whatsoever.

Once there, he drew Old Glory and beat his way into the building, knocking the three guards in front out cold in a few deft moves before kicking the door without breaking it... completely. Then Ulysses proceeded to bring every thug he came across down to their knees, dodging their clumsy and sluggish blows with their spiked knuckles, spinning around behind them and pushing Old Glory into their shins like a gold-leafed, steel-lined pool cue. Again, he was careful not to permanently disable anyone, just... keep them out of his hair for the moment.

After knocking several more of the idiots around, Ulysses came face-to-face what passed for the Knuckleheads' leader in this fetid little berg.

"The Knuckleheads are mine now," Ulysses said. It was not a request, nor a demand. It was a statement of fact, "You will obey my orders now."

"FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" the moron screamed, swinging wildly at Ulysses; who in turn, sidestepped the blow, and brought the meticulously maintained flag pole down and buried the tip of the eagle's left wing into the Knucklehead leader's right arm. Once planted in there, Ulysses twisted the pole, and by extension, the poor man's arm violently. The bones snapped and cracked loudly, and the Knuckleheads' leader screamed in agony as his arm was practically bent in on itself in a warped kind of u-turn.

Then Ulysses got nasty. Several minutes later, the bloodied, broken corpse of their leader at his feet. Ulysses made his pronouncement again as the Knuckledraggers that he'd let live rushed into the room, in a futile attempt to save their dead leader.

"The Knuckleheads are mine now. You will obey me."

No one stepped forward to argue. Ulysses gave the first of his orders while cleaning the blood and viscera off of Old Glory.

"There is a young woman wearing a black dress entering your territory," he said, "and a young ex-Legionnaire leaving. He was here not even a moon ago. Find them, and funnel them towards each other. Then, once they have met, push them out of the slums. But do not pursue them after they are out of this... boil. And do not leave any lasting injuries on either of them. Fail to heed my instructions..."

Ulysses nudged the revolting carcass with his foot.

"That's what the future will hold for you."

The Knuckleheads nodded in what passed for unison among complete fucktards, and ran out of their hideout to carry out their new leader's orders.

During all of this, Ulysses's face never showed a single hint of emotion.

Somewhere between Dry Springs and Teton

In these hills, sound carried. And when they did, it caught the attention of things that didn't like to hear that sound was carrying, usually deadly animals or something like that. In this case, the situation was a BIT worse... We now join Malkos, tracking a scent...or trying to. He had gotten a whiff of Deathclaw before, but now he was having a hard time pulling it apart from this damn Diamondback smell. The gray Deathclaw was hunched over near some rocks when...echoes of conversation reached his ears. For all the bouncing it'd done, it would have sounded like the media voice of another dimension: Charlie Brown's parents

What garbled voice might this be, while I'm trying to locate one of my own?

He was annoyed. This was distracting, keeping him from concentrating on the scent. Thus, he followed his ears instead, and that put him within sight of two whatsit-humans talking. There are times that one's greater senses are just a pain in the butt, that you just want to take a deep breath at whoever's irritating you and going-

"BE QUIET!!"

Of course, the Deathclaw forgets himself. He has been on an adrenaline kick, killing things with his bare hands to toughen up, and that his temper could easily flare up right now. Yes, that totally happened, the clawed arms raised in anger, his rather imposing voice echoing throughout the area now. There is a Deathclaw shouting at you now, guys. With words. What's up?

CLICK-CLACK!

The darkly dressed woman had found her time in the Cheyton Markets more than productive as she checked the newly purchased 10mm Pistol that she had just purchased from one of the many weapon vendors. Not only had Cheyton proven its reputation as the place to get anything and everything a friendly neighborhood undertaker, with a penchant for silent kills, could want, they had more than exceeded her expectations when the smitten young arms dealer had shown her his weapons modification kits that he sold to only his most loyal customers. Vicky had smiled when she pointed out the 10mm pistol silencer, the laser sight and the extended magazine kits and paid for them in caps without so much as batting an eye or attempting to barter, thanks to the generous donation that Ulysses had given her.

The straight razor that she had also picked up, with its silver handle that glistened in the sunlight, had proven an invaluable tool as she ran the blade up the seam of her long dress, giving her better access to her legs and the number of extra clips that she had placed there, each clip brimming with a cluster of hollow point 10mm rounds.

The final piece, a black silk wrap that she draped over her elbows and hands, hiding the 10mm pistol and her straight razor from plain view as she walked towards the reputed base of operations for the Knuggleheads.

"Save this... Markus from the knuckles, and that will be your 'in' to the Rabbit family." Ulysses' voice echoed in her mind as she remembered his instructions, followed by a more than brief recollection of her "accidental" collision with the elder of the human rabbit sisters. With a sigh, she banished the memories and put on her game face as she wandered into an alley, coincidentally adjacent to the one Tessa was located in at the moment, and spotted a pair of the Knuckleheads who were approaching her slowly, not knowing what to make of the Undertaker as she wandered onto their turf.

"Pardon me... I'm lost. Could you please direct me to the Hotel Central?" The Pale woman asked as she reached forward ever so innocently and ran the straight razor accross the throat of the lead Knucklehead, causing him to gurgle as his lungs filled with his own blood.

*THWIP-THWIP-THWIP*

Milly, the silenced 10mm pistol, spoke soon after as two of the hollow points entered the chest of the tailing Knucklehead while a third entered the skull, causing a mist of crimson to spraypaint the alley walls behind him.

Avoiding the mess the she had made, the Undertaker continued, her umbrella twirling as she continued down the alley, giving the illusion of a woman on a mid-afternoon stroll.

It had been slow going, but the Undertaker had taken her time and savored the silence of each kill that she made as she progressed towards the Knucklehead's base of operations. Each one of the Knuckleheads that she had run into had been rather easy targets as they never suspected that the well dressed woman that was strolling through their territory was packing heat.

*BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!*

The sounds of unsilenced and unsurpressed gunfire made the female Undertaker cringe as she exited the alleyway that she had traveled and spotted two of the Knuckleheads peppering a gate with fire from an automatic rifle and a shotgun, laughing as they did. It seemed that they were focused on keeping someone from exiting the compound which meant that whomever it was was attempting an escape.

"(This has got to be the idiot I'm supposed to rescue)" The veiled woman said as she tapped the first of the Knuckleheads on the should.

"Wha...what?!" The man asked in surprise as his brain struggled to register why a woman dressed such as she would walking into a fire fight.

[Terrifying Presence]"I think you boys better skeedaddle before you end up like your friends" Vicky said slyly as she folded up her umbrella to reveal the corpses of the Knuckleheads she had left in her wake.

"I... I..." The man started to say as his self preservation instincts kicked into overdrive. The fact that this woman had not only slipped in behind them but had managed to kill the guards in the alley way without so much as a peep was disturbing enough but the fact that she now held a Matte Black 10mm Silenced Pistol to his forehead was even more disturbing... enough for his bladder to empty itself down his legs and onto the streets.

"Joe... we gotta get outta here and tell the boss!" He screamed as he started backing away towards another exit.

A moment later, the woman found herself alone, well not really alone if the man that the Knuckleheads were firing at was still alive. Walking towards the bullet riddled gate, the woman pulled it open, the hinges howling in pain as she did to reveal a man crouched behind the wall, clutching onto a backpack and looking quite desperate.

"Markus, I assume?"

The Cheyton Markets:

"Umm... Mercy?" Vera called out to her favoritest little plasma sister in the whole world, "Umm... could you... lead me where we need to go? I'm having a little trouble seeing here."

Looking back towards the Bunny Ball, Mercy could see that V. was in quite the predicament as she was carrying a rather large automatic rifle, a couple cases of ammo for said large automatic rifle, five sensor modules, three conductors and an arc pylon (and a partridge in a pear tree). There was no way for the Pyro-Bunny to see, let alone move in any sort of manner other than what could be described as "quite bumpy" as she bumped into a Market Patron here, a stall there and even the backside of a Bighorn.

"V!" The Bomber Bunny said with a snicker as she helped herself to a rusty shopping cart that someone had conveniently ditched, "It looks like you've gotten over your head on this one."

"(Could you really get stuck in over your head when your entirety was existing as a giant floating head?)" The Philosophical Rabbit wondered as she helped her Head Strong Sister place her goods into the cart.

The task of loading completed, Mercy noticed her Cranially Gifted Bunny start to drift off towards additional stalls, perhaps unaware that the cart was, in fact, filled to the brim.

"Hey Sis! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We should bring this stuff back. I've got things to build!" The Build-A-Bunny said her Robo-Rabbit sister as she started pushing the cart back towards the Rabbit Hovel.

"I was wondering, what are you going to do with this Machine Gun, sis?" Mercy asked as she looked at the items in the cart. Sensor modules, conductors, arc pylon, egg timers: These and the amount of scrap they had at home, V could build herself a modular, machine gun wielding body.

or

She could build herself an automated turret.

Whatever, the bionic bunny wanted, Mercy would be more than happy to help.

Cheyton Markets. Near the Rabbit Hole.

"I think I'd need a lot more than this for a body," Vera said, and seeing the look on Mercy's face, Vera just couldn't resist, "Am I in your head? Woooo!" Vera giggled for a moment before continuing, "But... with a little scrap to hold this together, some scrap electronics to connect all the dots, and... some more scrap for armor... and we could have a pretty decent auto-turret going on here. Most of it, I'm sure is pretty straight forward. The Arc Pylon and conductors though... are so that I can power it."

Vera let that last part sink in as she thought she saw Tessa walking towards them in the very edges of her vision.

"Hey Tess!" the flying bunny called out, "Is that you? Hard to see past all of this."

The middle of nowhere
"Well I've been out here for about six years now, I was a gun runner before that."

"I like the Gun Runners. Good people. Real professionals."
"They originally hired me out of Los Angeles."
"Boneyard's a nasty place. Never cared for it."

"BE QUIET!!"

Joe spun around to see a grey creature.
[Survival 90/50][Success!]A Deathclaw. Albino from the look of it. ...Able to speak?
Was it one of those intelligent deathclaws that his dad told him about? Joe was pretty sure those were just scary stories, but it did match the description. Intelligent deathclaws were albino in the stories. Intelligent or not, hesitation could end badly.
"DEATHCLAW!"
Joe drew his hunting revolver.
Joe knew that when dealing with Deathclaws, take out the legs quickly, or it would close the distance, and carve you up something awful.
[Guns 85][Cowboy][Gunslinger][Shoot to Wound][Fan the Hammer]*Bangbangbangbangbangclickclickclick* With incredible speed, he fired his entire magazine into the claw's left kneecap.
[Agility]Joe tossed his gun to Martin, and grabbed Martin's revolver.
"Reload me!"

The middle of nowhere

"BE QUIET!!"

Martin turned and saw a grey deathclaw, probably an alpha. Did it just talk? No time to think.

Somehow the other man was faster. Joe shot at it, tossed a revolver to him, and grabbed his revolver from his holster.

Joe said something unintelligible at this point.

Martin thought quickly and pulled his flare gun with one hand as he holstered the mans revolver with the other, he fired it at the demon and began reloading it as he started to backpedal away from it. How far away was it? Didn't matter, it's never far enough with the demons, they'll just keep coming. The damned ground was too open.

Same Place

He really should have seen this coming. There were only two real possible reactions to get from shouting at them. One was their stunned shock and wariness like last time, and the other was-

"DEATHCLAW!"

Crap.

-a bit more common. He was a little far down the hill from them, but it looke like one of them was taking careful aim, so Ranger Joe would be treated to his target running off to the left to find the refuge of the rocks nearby, and then sort of using the curve of the hill to keep him an the flare-shooter just out of sight as he moved low on all-fours. As he approached a bush, something made a noise he wasn't familiar with and ran off into some other bushes.

It seemed like the Deathclaw was intelligent alright. It wasn't trying for the head-on attack, nor was it staying very much exposed. It looked...kinda' like it was trying to flank them.

Markus just sat down after awhile. They seemed to have switched their plans to making him deaf. He began work on a trap when they would turn the corner. He had a very fundamental part of the nuka cola mine, but after some searching he found he had none of the others. For now he wou-

'Why did I stop hearing gunfire?'

"Markus, I assume?"

Markus reached into his holster, about to pull his pistol. A woman in black clothing, certainly pretty. She wasn't immediately shooting, and even he PRETENDED to be nice to those people he had saved earlier. For now, pretend they could be friends with her. He even made a promise to himself.

"Yeah. Sorry, yes, I am Markus Brutus... How did you get that name, anyways?"

'I just goddamn changed it.' He got up, putting his back pack on again. He figured he was safe-ish for now, and dropped his Rebar Club onto the ground. Lightened his load, certainly, he thought as he stretched his shoulders.

"I assume you're not going to kill me right away? May I ask who you are?"

Outside the Rabbit Hole

Passing by a nearby food vendor, she ordered 2 bighorner-steaks and 2 Iguanas-on-a-stick. The iguana part was what Tessa practically considered a delicacy, but hey, fine dining to her consisted of any meal with Vodka. Once she was done paying 40 caps, her attention was back on getting home.

Vera, completely covered in items large and small, floated over to her in a ditzy sort of way.

"Oh hey there, Ver-..." Vera, in her blinded state, had flown directly into her head. "God motherfu#!$%% dammit, my !&*#$(@ eye!"

Moving the parts aside that was covering most of her faceplate, like magnets on a refrigerator door, she kissed the Hover Bunny to reassure her that she wasn't angry. With a hand over her eye. "Mommy didn't mean to say those bad words. Mommy just gets a little cranky when she's sober."

Down the Rabbit Hole

Rushing ahead of them into the house and towards the autowash. She emerged in a hurry and dumped the mass of clean clothes on the bed.

Spreading them out for Mercy to see that they now had an extensive wardrobe, Tessa walked over and hung one of her red dresses off of Vera's...whiskers...they looked like metallic whiskers to her. She stepped back to admire Vera "in" a dress before whistling in a teasing manner. It matched her red paint-job. "I got that one for you! You're very difficult to shop for..."

Since Mercy was the last to enter the house, Tessa readied her best jazz hand gleefully. (The other arm was occupied with holding the food.)

"Oh boy, have I got a ton of news to share..." eyeing what looked like ammo boxes, a large gun and Mercy carrying an assortment of items she could not recognize. "...I'll let you gals go first though. What did we get and what do you have planned?"

She smiled proudly at the Twisted Hares gearing up for the first time. Unfortunately, she found that she was quite tired after today...they had completely skipped sleep the previous night. Pulling the head-wrap off, a litte more evidence of Tessa's activity had showed on her scraped armour.

Somewhere
Well this was just peachy.
Martin was apparently using a flare-gun instead of reloading Joe's revolver like he was supposed to, and the Deathclaw was trying to be sneaky.
"What part of "Reload me" don't you understand!?"
While Joe was looking around, his [Lucky Shades] due to their improper fit fell to the bridge of his nose, and he saw he reflection of the Deathclaw trying to sneak up behind him.
[Guns 85]Joe fired a single shot at it's new location. Both to warn it that he knew where it was, and to alert Martin to it's new location.
"It's not always a good idea to try and be sneaky when you stand out as much as you do. If you are an intelligent Deathclaw, you're a pretty stupid one."
The moment any of it was exposed, it would eat a hail of lead and foul language...

"Yeah. Sorry, yes, I am Markus Brutus... How did you get that name, anyways?" Markus asked, causing the Undertaker to curse herself internally as she smiled at the man who was under attack up until a few moments ago.

"One of the men that was shooting at you said the name Markus... so I could only assume that that's you." She said, hoping that her story would add up. If there was one thing that she didn't want to do at the moment was give away her connection to Ulysses, even though she was planning on putting a 50 caliber slug through the bastard's head. She definitely didn't know if she could trust Markus or if he was working with Ulysses so for now, she would play nice and hope for the best. If Markus did happen to be playing nice nice with Ulysses, she'd have to deal with Markus as well.

"I assume you're not going to kill me right away? May I ask who you are?" The man asked, causing the woman to visibly cringe as she exposed a pale bit of thigh in order to holster Milly.

"Not immediately." The Friendly Neighborhood Undertaker and Sophisticate said with a disarming smile as she joked with the man's life. At least this wasn't a lie.

"As for my name, it's Victoria McGee, my friends call me Vicky." She continued as she helped Markus to his feet. Despite appearances, she was actually strong for what passed as a debutante. Suffice to say, both Markus and Vicky were playing their cards rather close to their chest at the moment, a woman had to have her mysteries and a crazed cannibal was better off not coming out of that particular closet too soon.

"Let's go before those idiots figure out that they've got more guys than we can deal with easily." The Tall and Pale Undertaker said as she lead him down an alternate alley, not wanting to display the results of her particular skill set, and ran smack dab into another member of the Knuckleheads, this one looking rather scared as he bled from various stab wounds.

"My my my. You're not one of mine." The woman said as she approached the wounded Knucklehead with the naked blade of her straight razor reflecting the harsh glow of the afternoon sun into the man's eyes.

"No! Get away! I TOLD YOU THAT I'D DELIVER YOUR MESSAGE!" The man screamed as he tried to cover his eyes from the blade's reflection, causing the woman in black to raise a curious eyebrow as she examined the wounds that the man had sustained.

[Living Anatomy] Vicky noticed that the Knucklehead had sustained several stab wounds to the torso and to both of his legs, causing him to use the alley's walls to hobble back towards the safety of Knucklehead HQ. Looking closer still, the Undertaker saw that there were two different sized stab wounds, one being consistant with a large bladed weapon and the others being consistent with a smaller bladed weapon. Seems that whomever did this to the man had was a fan of knives.

Smirking to herself, she remembered the Elder Rabbit that she had "accidentally" bumped into in the middle of the market and the fact that the young woman had been wearing a Bowie Knife. It was a reasonable assumption that she was probably wearing throwing knives somewhere else on her body. The smirk broadened into a smile as the Undertaker wondered where oh where the Elder Rabbit was storing those throwing knives.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!" The Knucklehead screamed again as he continued his bloody trek home. The unfortunate fact of the matter for the Knucklehead was that he was bleeding too quickly from the wounds he had sustained. Whatever message he was to deliver would be the last thing he ever said and even then there was no guarantee on that.

"Do you remember what the message was?" Vicky asked as she continued reflecting sunlight into the man's eyes.

"YES, GODDAMIT! CHEYTON BELONGS TO THE TWISTED HARES!!! NOW PLEASE... I'M BEGGING YOU GET AWAY!!!" The man continued to beg as he fell to his knees, his blood loss was already taking its toll, causing Victoria's training to kick in.

"Well sir, I'm sorry to say that you're not going to make it home today. As an Undertaker, I know these things. You've lost too much blood. But before you pass, is there anything you want me to pass on to your loved ones?" The woman asked as she knelt next to the ailing Knucklehead.

"I... tell... tell... my mother... that... *gasp*... that ... I was a ... good boy..." The Knucklehead said as he exhaled his last breathe.

Looking down at the man, Undertaker Vicky McGee closed the Knucklehead's eyes and placed two caps over them before she set about the her next task. Using her straight razor, she cut a lock of the man's hair and dipped it in the blood that was pooling beneath the man's body and used her makeshift brush to honor the man's last task.

"CHEYTON BELONGS TO THE TWISTED HARES!!"

Looking at her handiwork, the Pale woman looked at Markus before asking him a question.

"You wouldn't happen to know something with a grudge against these guys and has a penchant for knives would you?" She asked, innocently, remembering that Ulysses had mentioned that Markus would be her in with the Rabbit family.

Cheyton's Home for Wayward Wabbits:

The Boom-Boom Bunny beamed proudly at her sister, the Rabid Rabbit of Blades, as she entered their humble abode, which was soon to be upgraded to fortress status, with the haul from the Market. Their haul, however was nothing compared to the awesomeness of the disguises that the Shadowy Hare had picked up for them. A giggle echoed in the now warm home as Mercy caught sight of the Bunny-Ball swishing around in, of all things, a Red Dress.

As much as Mercy wanted to dive into the piles and piles of clothing, more clothing than she had ever owned in her life, Tess looked at the cart of supplies that the Younger sister had brought in.

"...What did we get and what do you have planned?" The Sleepy Sis asked with a smile on her face.

"Oh nothing, Sissy. Just a bunch of Payback and some home security supplies." The Plasma Bunny responded as she displayed some of the wares.

"Vera got this idea about adding a turret to the house." Mercy said as she pulled out the Conductors, Sensor Modules, the BAR, its ammo and the Arc Pylon. Since the Twisted Hares didn't really want to draw attention to themselves by installing a massive machine gun turret to the top of the house, the Tech Rabbit picked up a little something to help disguise the machine gun on their way home.

"So, we're going to be building a turret on the roof of our house, Tess. Isn't that awesome? And I know what you're thinking. Isn't a machine that can literally shoot hundreds and hundreds rounds of lead based death going to be noticeable? Well... I've got just the thing!" Mercy said in her best used car saleswoman voice.

"TADA!" The Engineering Rabbit tada'd as she pulled out what looked like a life sized hula girl complete with a gaudy pink grass skirt, coconut bra and, strangely enough, a set of rabbit ears.

"I'm gonna make it so that the machine gun pops up from out of the skirt if someone decides to mess with us on our home turf!!" Mercy exclaimed cheerfully as she dumped the rest of the stuff in what was quickly becoming her work area.

"I also got some stuff to make disguised bombs out of." The Boomer Bunny said a little less cheerfully as she noticed the tired look on her sister's face as well as the scratches all over her leather armor.

"T-T-T-Tess? Are you okay? Are you hurt?!" The Panicked Widdle Wabbit asked as she rushed to her Eldest Sister's side, grabbing a stimpack, a Super Stimpack, some Med-X and a Doctor's bag on the way as she started freaking the F' out, the sight of the bruises and marks on Tess' arms reopening the recently healed scars of her family's death.

Clearing off the bed, Mercy helped her sister doff her armor and proceeded to check Tessa for any life threatening injuries, sighing in relief when she found none. It wasn't until the impromptu medical examination was complete that Mer-Mer realized that Tess-Tess was sound asleep.

Smiling, Mercy draped a blanket over her slumbering sister, before curling up next to her.

"Come on V. Let's get some rest. We've got a big day tomorrow."

The Rabbit Hole

Vera hovered in the air, stunned at the dress being draped all over her. ...No one's ever thought to do that before... I mean sure... there's the green ribbon, but... wow, just wow! Makes it a crime that I can't actually wear it...

Vera sighed for a moment and then realized something.

Or maybe I could wear it... in a manner of speaking.

Vera gently shrugged the dress off of her, and then scanned it with her multitool. She added it into her hologram projector's data set, and waited for it to recalibrate.

DING! it went after a few minutes.

Vera immediately tried it. She turned on her hologram projector on and...

the woman's image appeared again. Her skin and hair was just as blue as ever.... but now her dress looked exactly like the one Tessa had given Vera, right down to the vibrant red color.

"Ta-" Vera started to call out to her sisters, but then she noticed that they were asleep. She quickly shut the hologram off and whispered "Sorry! Goodnight Mer-Mer. Goodnight Tess."

Vera wished she could sleep. Wished she could snuggle up into Tessa's arms and just... let her mind fall into blissful silence and wonder as dreams rocked her subconsciousness.

Do I even have a subconscious?

Finally, Vera did the next best thing she could think of... she retracted her 'whiskers' a bit, and settled onto Tessa's lap, and pretended to sleep.

Meanwhile... the in slums...

"They've met?" Ulysses asked what passed for his new second-in-command.

"Yes!" the terrified knuckledragger said.

"Then why did you and your men venture back here?" Ulysses said, his voice perfectly level... and knife-edged, "You've done half of the work, now finish it! Go! drive them out of here!"

The knuckleheads started making their way out. Ulysses called out to them, "And make sure not to leave any lasting injuries on them! Or I'll put some in you!"

With that the knuckleheads ran out of their own hq and started chasing Markus and The Undertaker out of their turf.

"One of the men that was shooting at you said the name Markus... so I could only assume that that's you."

'They don't know my name either.' Markus flashed his own smile, sweet and innocent, and even accepted her help in getting picked up. Markus had trouble holding in his laughter from her cringe, she was skilled, but Markus could see through her like everyone else. His legs felt stiff, but he easily matched her pace as they began walking.

'For now, she's a friend. Just keep her to your side or in front.'

"As for my name, it's Victoria McGee, my friends call me Vicky."

"I'll try to remember it." Markus nodded, and they continued on. He made sure to lean on her a bit, perhaps a minor exaggeration of his hunger but it was easier than trying to tough it out. She was strong, probably stronger than him. He felt that would've stung his pride if he had any.

It wasn't too long before they found the wounded one. The survivor was bleeding heavily, and wimpering to himself. Markus took out his pistol, and kept it leveled on the mans head. Luckily a startling lack of violence from this one. Perhaps too much in one day, perhaps he just didn't favor his odds. Markus sighed, and listened to the woman as she gave her diagnosis.

"Well sir, I'm sorry to say that you're not going to make it home today. As an Undertaker, I know these things. You've lost too much blood. But before you pass, is there anything you want me to pass on to your loved ones?"

An Undertaker, interesting. Couldn't tell if it was a lie, she seemed more of an assassin than much else. She was either eccentric or both, he figured, a lie seemed unlikely as there was no point to it. Other than confusing Markus. He watched intently as she wrote her message.

"You wouldn't happen to know something with a grudge against these guys and has a penchant for knives would you?"

Markus' face contorted in thought, switching between the body and the message.

[Educated] Hares are another name for rabbits, like those girls from earlier. The one who put the knife up to his throat was certainly pent up enough to do something like this. The knife also matches the wounds consistently...

[Hunter] Markus looked around further, tracks, signs of struggle, a drip of blood from someone escaping. He smiled cruelly as he slunk over. It was hard, but he could follow it for awhile. Though now he could hear the sound of others approaching. Probably more than a few, and probably not friendly.

"Yeah, follow me, I think I know a place we can go. Just keep a gun on hand, not sure if this'll get us to where to where we need to go." Markus got up, and dusted himself off. He started off after the trail of blood, quickly and waving Vicky to follow him.

Somewhere

"What part of "Reload me" don't you understand!?"

"It's not always a good idea to try and be sneaky when you stand out as much as you do. If you are an intelligent Deathclaw, you're a pretty stupid one."

Martin holstered his flare gun.

"One, you don't have enough firepower. Two, by screaming at it and firing on it you helped it hone in on us. Three, you can reload yourself."

He grabbed his revolver from Joe, and handed Joes pistol to him.

"Four. Don't Touch My Gun."

He took a few more steps away from the deathclaw's new position, before holstering his pistol and pulling his rifle from its sling. He took a bracing position as he watched the spot, waiting for movement before he tried to aim.

The hills that are alive with a talking Deathclaw

For the moment, Malkos paid no heed to the insult of his intellect. They could not conceive of how good he was at stealth or planning or anything. Far beyond the designs of a normal Deathclaw, and very tricky even by his own kind's standards. However, he heard them arguing now, and it amused the still-low-to-the-ground-and-avoiding-gunfire creature. He spoke out as he reached the high-point of the hill, having gone around some rocks just out of sight to make it to the top the long way.

"Bickering humans... Too loud, too slow, and too weak to handle the likes of us. If you are so clever, why is HE the one who makes sense? Keep shooting. I know the others here will be interested."

There was a sound like stone against stone as Malkos at the top of the hill now straightened up and held a big rock over his head. Then, he did two-handed lob of the thing at Joe!

"May the best mind win!"

The Deathclaw howled. If the gunfire hadn't drawn any attention, this might. But hey, that wasn't the most immediate concern right now. What's the average air-speed velocity of a beachball-sized boulder being thrown two-handed downhill by a grown Deathclaw? I'm not sure on the math, but getting hit would be very bad.

I-25 Ambush

When Kaiden asked for another smokescreen, Jose took a glance at his squad. Seeing that none of them had anymore makeshift smoke grenades, he responded with a shake of his head. "We only had enough for the first round!"

"Not Necessarily!" Jacob could hear the pair speaking from his position by the support. "There's some pretty loose, dry dirt all around here, some good shooting should make for some good cover!" The doctor poked his laser pistol out and fired a couple of random shots, setting a bush that provided cover for a raider on fire.

Jose nodded and waved a signal at his Rangers, ordering them to aim at the dirt. They did, and the next second or two of fire was directed at the ground beneath the raiders. Some of the squad added some frag grenades for good measure. The result was a nice, thick cloud of upturned dust, but it was already fading fast.

"Yeah, follow me, I think I know a place we can go. Just keep a gun on hand, not sure if this'll get us to where to where we need to go."

With that statement, Markus started off in a direction away from the massed voices that were approaching their general direction, voices that sounded all too eager to cause pain and eventually kill.

"(Too many to handle at once anyhow. I hope Markus knows where he's going.)" The Tall and Pale woman said to herself as she started following the tracker. Looking down at the ground, the Undertaker noticed that the man was following a bloodtrail and based on the fact that it went the opposite direction of their deceased friend, with whom Vicky had played Painting by Numbers with, it had to be the Elder of the Rabbit sisters.

"(Not too much blood lost. Nothing more and a shallow wound.)" The woman thoughts continued, relieved that the Rabbit sister was safe and had survived the struggle. For a woman her size to have taken out a man of that size, it showed quite the tenacity and skill to have overcome the size and weight differential.

As the two progressed down the alleyway, another set of voices was heard coming from the entrance. Unlike the loud and brutish voices that were following them, these contained the volume and intensity that Law enforcement Officers were fond of. It was highly probable that they were investigating complaints of gun fire being heard from this area and it would probably bode ill for both Markus and the Friendly Neighborhood Undertaker if the Officers saw the firearms that they were holding at the moment.

"Markus, be a dear and put your gun away, please." The Tall and Pale Beauty said as she ensured that Milly was still out of view. Without another word, the female Undertaker took the lead, walking in front of Markus and plastering a look of boredom on her face as they rounded a corner and smack dab into a squad of heavily armed officers.

"Hold it right there!" Commanded one of the uniformed guards in an authoritative voice, causing Vicky to look surprised as she stopped dead in her tracks, placing a hand over her chest as if the officer had scared her.

"Oh my goodness, officer, you scared me." Vicky responded her voice sounding as if she was rather nervous around the sight of so many men holding so many big guns.

"What are you two doing out here. Don't you know it's dangerous?" The Officer asked as he looked at the Undertaker and the Man who stood behind her.

"Really, officer? I had no idea. You see I just got into town and I thought that I would go to the market and see what Cheyton has to offer." Vicky responded, a smile in her voice as if she couldn't wait to see all the pretty, shiny things.

"But I sort of got lost and Simon here. He doesn't know his way around here either."

The officer looked over at Markus, briefly before turning his attention back towards the Undertaker.

"You should tell you husban-"

"Manservant. Simon's my manservant. I need him to carry my bag for me" The Debutant interrupted before adding, "My mother told me that I should get rid of Simon and get a husband. But I just haven't found the right man yet."

It was at that point that Vicky touched the officer's forearm, smiling as she did, causing the officer's face to go red for a moment.

"*Ur-hem* Well. You and Simon best be careful. There's a gang of hoodlums around here known as the Knuckleheads. They've been known to kill people that have wandered into their alleys."

"Oh? They sound DANGEROUS but I'm sure with you and your officers here. We'll all be safe." The Tall and Pale Sophisticate said before gesturing for Markus to follow her.

"I'm assuming we can go now?" She asked, receiving only a nod as one of the junior officers reported spotting the group of Knuckleheads that had been following behind Vicky and Marcus.

Rounding another corner, Markus once again took the lead and unfortuately appeared to be heading towards the local Follower's offices, causing the Undertaker to frown as she wondered why he was taking her there.

Flashback: Freeside

"Sonea, it worries me when you mess around with that!" Tessa's arms were draped around Sonea from behind.

"Have a little faith, I've actually found the right level. Just have to keep this measurement in mind." For once, Sonea wasn't playing with knives and instead, she was playing with something else. Part of an invented tactic previously regarded as forbidden by the duo, but they made ONE exception to that rule. Even then, the criteria for breaking that rule was extremely strict.

What Sonea considered her apparent brown-eyed "beauty" of a girlfriend perched herself on the desk with a worrying stare. "Sonea, we don't have any reason to try it out, ever again. We dominated the Kings already. They fear me after seeing me like that...not really what I was going for."

Sonea carefully set aside the item and held a hand reassuringly to her girlfriend's face. "It was controlled. We'll only have to use it in dire situations...otherwise, we steer clear of it, I promise."

"Only as a last resort...I guess that's the reason why we're called the Feral Rabbits." Tessa tried her best to sound hopeful, but she was always a terrible liar with Sonea. Which broke her heart slightly when disappointment flashed across her face.

Bundle of Bunnies under a Black Blanket

Tessa awoke clutching her sister's arm, she was quick to release her grip since her fingers had started clawing. Touching her face ritualistically, she found the even more familiar tears had made their way down her face. Judging by the glimmer of sunlight through the space beneath the door, she reckoned that only a few hours had passed at best. She also noted a familiar ball of Rabbit resting on her lap.

So she went on a glorified power-nap and even then the memories had wormed it's way through her day's worth of thoughts and worries. Silly.

Muttering a small curse under her breath, Tessa disentangled from her sister and made the decision to take a brief shower. Alerting Vera, who had taken the adorable position on her lap, that she was fully awake with a pat on her whiskered head and a motion to the bathroom.

While undressing as soon as she was able to stand, in her usual manner, she started to speak to Vera while she was in the shower.

Glad she was concealed behind closed eyes and a steady stream of hot water. "I used to have a girlfriend, in Freeside." She figured that diving headfirst into the issue seemed best. "We grew up together, abandoned street kids, dropping in and out of gangs. I'm pretty sure you heard about The Kings, right? You were with the Van Graffs after all. Well, the Feral Rabbits dominated them last year, absorbed the gang and territory...under my command. I was the leader."

She struggled to verbalize her next sentence. "She was killed by a trigger happy NCR Rookie. You wanna know the kicker? We weren't even doing anything wrong, in fact, we were making donations to the Followers. We liberated the final batch of the Kings chem supply. We don't make use of chems in my gang...I suppose that boxes of stimpacks and more illegal chems made us look like junkies...still, s-she was shot. I-I was beaten...our donations confiscated. I should have been the one to die that day, she was the kind one."

Stopping the shower and wrapping a towel around herself, she spent a few moments to get her bearings once more. "I'm sure you noticed, it's why I cry in my sleep...I just miss her. I really really miss her."

Not one to dwell or really enjoy the more serious talks, she emerged from the shower with a change of topic. "I dunno what Mercy was freaking out about, it's one little bruise on my wrist. Otherwise I'm great...I was just damn tired."

Tessa got to work on stitching up her leather armor with a stitching kit and meticulously cleaning it off with a toothbrush. "You look beautiful in your dress, Hover Rabbit, I hope you like it."

Between waiting for her armor to dry, she switched to jotting down all the info she had discovered on the Knuckleheads on their poster-turned-drawing-board. She made mention of everything from chem lab hotspots, how to identify a Knucklehead, how she sent the first message, where the Knuckleheads are moving their influence and how to find them easily and finally Follower medical reports.

She obviously included stick-figures, flowers and rabbits in her diagrams.

"There...I'll tell you ladies about how I tangled with an actual Knucklehead earlier when Mercy wakes up. Didn't expect him to throw me, hence the bruise...anyway, I was also wondering about you sleeping, don't you have like a, standby mode or something? It can simulate sleep? I can never have enough family to cuddle with."

That last sentence managed to put a genuine smile on her face after her confession earlier.

"Markus, be a dear and put your gun away, please."

Markus complied, hearing voices. He wasn't afraid of a fight, but he supposed she might not do too well with guns and swords. More a wits and words girl, really. He tucked it into it's holster, trying to flick the safety off. Of course it had been removed.

They were officers, of course, and Vicky had gone to working her charm almost immediately. Markus had to hold back a bit of bile in his mouth, but at least it wasn't him being forced to lie. He took the moment to crouch down, and check his surroundings. The blood trail was getting harder to see, though by now Markus was using the treads of her boots. She was heading towards the followers place. Sure, they were annoyingly arrogant pencil necked nerds, but at least they could hold stimulating conversation. These officers, however, could not. He only tuned back in to listen to a very interesting little comment.

"Manservant. Simon's my manservant. I need him to carry my bag for me" The Debutant interrupted before adding, "My mother told me that I should get rid of Simon and get a husband. But I just haven't found the right man yet."

'Oh, my.' Markus looked to the ground, forcing himself to blush. He slumped his shoulders a tad, and got back up, not meeting the gaze of the officers. He looked pitiable, or as much as he could.

"I'm assuming we can go now?"

"This way, m'lady." Markus bowed deeply, allowing her to take a slight lead, until the officers were out of the way. He stopped her near the Followers place, "Damn, too many boot prints to follow. Care to test your silver tongue again?" Markus found a man in a lab coat smoking, balding of hair and dull of eyes it seemed.

"I'm not that great of a liar, think you can convince him to part with some information on our Twisted Hare?" Markus looked down in what looked like shame, and smiled innocently. He didn't want her to see his abilities too much now, let her think he was a dullard and a brute. She'd never see the shot that killed her if she screwed up.

Somewhere

The deathclaw moved higher when Martin had allowed himself to get distracted, it probably wasn't the best idea in hindsight to argue now in hindsight.

"Bickering humans... Too loud, too slow, and too weak to handle the likes of us. If you are so clever, why is HE the one who makes sense? Keep shooting. I know the others here will be interested."

Definitely not a mimic. Still no time.
The deathclaw lifted a large stone over its head and lobbed it at Joe.

"May the best mind win!"

Martin was already dashing back towards Joe, it was only a few steps but he was reacting. The momentum carried him and he buttstroked Joe in the torso, knocking him on his back.

Martin pulled himself back a little more before the stone almost hit him. He looked at Joe and began trying to help him up as quickly as possible.

The Humble Bunny Bundle. Beat the average price of 20 grand caps, and you unlock the 'use' of Vera's hologram!

Vera followed Tessa as she headed for the bathroom. Vera tried very hard not to stare at Tessa's hips as they hypnotically swayed back and...

NO! Stop that! Bad Vera bad!

"I used to have a girlfriend, in Freeside." She figured that diving headfirst into the issue seemed best. "We grew up together, abandoned street kids, dropping in and out of gangs. I'm pretty sure you heard about The Kings, right? You were with the Van Graffs after all. Well, the Feral Rabbits dominated them last year, absorbed the gang and territory...under my command. I was the leader."

Vera listened quietly while Tessa told her all of this, and then when Tessa got to the Kings, Vera started remembering meeting The King. Seemed like a nice enough guy, even if his cyberdog was a complete asshole. Fuck you too, Rex.

"She was killed by a trigger happy NCR Rookie. You wanna know the kicker? We weren't even doing anything wrong, in fact, we were making donations to the Followers. We liberated the final batch of the Kings chem supply. We don't make use of chems in my gang...I suppose that boxes of stimpacks and more illegal chems made us look like junkies...still, s-she was shot. I-I was beaten...our donations confiscated. I should have been the one to die that day, she was the kind one."

That last part REALLY got Vera's attention. Forgetting any sense of propriety, she rushed into the bathroom to tell, no, to scream at Tessa not to think that way when...

"I'm sure you noticed, it's why I cry in my sleep...I just miss her. I really really miss her."

That deflated Vera somewhat, so instead, she just nuzzled Tessa's naked shoulder.

"I can relate to that, Tessa," Vera said, "The Brotherhood of Steel Paladins didn't just kill the Van Graff adults when they raided the workshop... while I was away..." Vera paused, her voice trailing off, somewhat angry, she... 'sniffed' for lack of a better word before continuing in a calmly mournful tone, "they... killed the children too. The kids hadn't done anything to deserve that. They were just... in the way I guess. They were like my brothers and sisters when I was... 'growing up' I guess you could call it. So yeah... Tessa, I can understand how you feel. I just want you to know that you don't have to go through it alone. I'm willing to hear you out on anything, no matter what you have to say, or what you need. I know I don't exactly... have shoulders, but if you need... a flying ball of metal and paint to cry on, I'm your eyebot."

That's when Vera finally noticed that Tessa was still naked, after taking a quick accidental look at Tessa's... lovely body... Vera turned away with a quick "Sorry!", and waited for Tessa to get dressed or whatever.

"You look beautiful in your dress, Hover Rabbit, I hope you like it."

Vera chanced turning around again at that, and thankfully, Tessa had a towel fully wrapped around her... lithe form by now. Vera knew exactly what to do now. She projected the updated hologram, and had it dance around and spin to really show off the new holographic dress. Then Vera had the holographic woman look Tessa right in the eye and lip-synched every word she said, "I love it! Thank you so much!"

The holgraphic woman gave Tessa a beaming smile before the projector protested its over-use and shut itself off.

"Umm... sorry about that..." Vera said, "The projector's a bit finicky... need to recalibrate it or... something."

Twisted HQ (HareQuarters) aka The Benevolent Bunnies Society:

Do Plasma Bunnies dream of Electric Sheep?: A Dream Sequence

"1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 4, where does this 4 go?" Mercy asked herself as she looked at the grid of numbers as she tapped a pencil on the page. Looking up from the Pre-War Sudoku book that Daddy had "picked up" for her, the skinny girl looked out the window.

It was raining again, which meant that Daddy would be coming in behind schedule from his latest run. Or at least that what it usually meant as the girl spotted a set of lights in the distance.

"MOOOOOOM!! DADDY'S HOME!" She called out as she quickly ran down the stairs and out the front door into the rain and finally to the spot where she would always meet her daddy when he came home from a run. The auto-gate, one of Mercy's first builds, whirred to life and quickly opened the gate for her approaching daddy's truck.

Looking behind her, Mercy saw Mom and broke out into an excited smile, her mother returning a kind smile, as she watched her daughter greet her husband.

It appeared that Daddy wasn't alone as there was another young man in the passenger seat.

"DADDY!!" Mercy yelled excitedly as she ran towards the trucks door as her father hopped out and scooped his daughter up into his arms.

As the young Rabbit hugged her father, she looked curiously at her Father's passenger. Her curiosity turned to horror as she saw the young man was covered in blood.

"Shoot them! Shoot them both! Do it! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!" He screamed at her causing Mercy to shrink back in terror

"Umm... sorry about that..." Came Vera's voice from another room, "The projector's a bit finicky... need to recalibrate it or... something."

The Plasma Bunny opened her eyes slowly as she realized that she was alone in the Bunny Bed, relieved that she hadn't woken up in a panic like she used to. It appeared that Tessa and Vera were already awake and moving about the house, leaving the Sleepy Bunny to sleep like a log.

Stretching, she hauled herself up into a sitting position and looked at the house around her before hopping out of bed and headed towards the bathroom to discover her Sisters already there.

"Morning Sissies!" The Plasma Rabbit said cheerfully as she dutifully gave her Older Bunny Ball a kiss on the face plate and her Oldest Bladed Bunny a kiss on the cheek before hopping in the shower.

"OH MY GOOOOD!!!" Mercy screamed as she was hit by icy spears of ice cold water. Apparently SOMEONE had used all the hot water.

"SSOOOOOO ----- COOOOOOOOLD!!!!" The Rabbit-cicle continued as she tried to take a shower as quickly as possible, a task made near impossible by her numb fingers.

---------- A Teeth Chattering Minute Later ----------

The Boom Boom Bunny literally leaped out of the shower as she finished washing herself as best as she could, leaving more than a bit of soap in her hair.

"S-s-s-s-s-s-o-o-o-o C-c-c-c-c-c-c-o-l-d" The Frozen Little Bunny said as she wrapped a towel around herself swearing that she was going to increase the hot water capacity in this place if it was the last thing she was going to do. It wasn't until her could feel her face again that she was ready to take on the world AND more importantly make sure that Tessa survived it.

Heading out of the bathroom, leaving a question look on both her sisters' faces, Mercy returned, this time armed with a tailor's measuring tape.

"Alright sis, we're going to be making you better armor today. Now drop that towel."

I-25 Ambush

Kaiden wasted no time in making his move once was dust provided enough cover. He stood up again, and tore the door clean off the car he was hidden behind. "Aim your fire to the left" he said as he shot off to the right. He went in a large circle around the dust cloud, picking up speed before spotting his first victim. He dove through the air feet first and drop-kicked the man straight in the head and landed on his back. None if the others had noticed it seemed, so he got up and ran to the back of the next man, grabbing his head with his right hand and violently twisting it, instantly breaking the man's neck and killing him. 

He could see now that the dust was settling and that he was about to be in plain sight. He bolted for the next man, using the car door as a batering ram he sent him flying into another. The other man quickly picked himself up and aimed his weapon right at Kaiden. Kaiden darted to the left, using the car door as a shield. It was then that fate smiled on him as he found the manhole cover he had thrown earlier, still embedded in the torso of the man he had been aiming for. Grabbing it underhand he threw it toward his assailant, the back spin sending blood and guts flying all over. He ducked back behind a rock as the remaining men who had noticed him by now began firing on his position. The rest was up to Jose.

"(Never try to con a con-man... or con-woman as the case may be.)" The Female Undertaker thought to herself as she keenly observed Markus' behavior.

Perhaps no one had ever taught that little tidbit to Markus as he looked towards the ground in what should look like shame to anyone that wasn't paying attention. Oh sure, all the right motions were there however there were a few more motions there, the motions that were the tell tale signs that someone was lying. The man was clearly putting on an act of being pitiful and weak, something that would have put most people at ease around him until their neck had been secured by the noose.

"(Well Markus, I'll not be the sucker here.)" The Tall and Pale wonder of a woman thought once again as she listed off the things that she did know about Markus.

According to Ulysses, the man's name was Markus Brutus, a name whose origins were clearly Legion in origin. This was further confirmed by the calluses on Markus' hands, calluses that had been caused by the repetitious practice with a Machete, the Legion's favored weapon and standard issue for their Legionaires. Given the leanness of the man's body and muscles, she could only assume that he was a scout of some kind, at least when he was in the Legion.

"I'm not that great of a liar, think you can convince him to part with some information on our Twisted Hare?" That, at least, was the truth, at least in the Undertaker's eyes. Having been trained her whole life to maintain her cover as a respected member of society, she knew the intimacies of how to lie and, thankfully, the Legion didn't teach their average joe foot soldier how to lie.

"Sure, Markus. Why don't you stay right here for a moment while I work my magic." Vicky said with a genuine smile as she started walking towards the Follower, knowing full well that getting information from the Followers would be like trying to get water out of a rock. If there was one piece of information that Markus was not aware of it was the gulf that existed between the Followers of the Apocalypse and the Undertaker Society. One group strove to further society and save as many survivors as possible. Their view of an organization that profited from death wasn't the greatest, to put it in polite terms.

"Excuse me, sir." The friendly neighborhood Undertaker said as she grabbed the Follower's attention and getting a bug eyed frown as the man saw who it was that was talking to him. "My friend over there was just accosted by the Knuckleheads. Could you please tend to him?"

Surprised by the request, the man took a quick look at Markus and nodded, walking over towards the man as Undertaker McGee spotted a someone that was more apt to give her information.

"Well hello little cutie." The woman in black said with a smile as she approached, causing a small little girl to turn around and look up at her.

"What's a healthy little girl doing here? You don't look sick." Vicky said as she looked over the small girl who was clutching a worn Teddy Bear in her arms.

"It's Mister Bumbles. He's sick and so I took him here to get him fixed up." The little girl said as she presented the Teddybear to the Undertaker.

"The doctors said that there was nothing that they could do and they were too busy. They even tried to give me a stupid old toy instead of fixing Mister Bumbles."

Smiling softly, the Undertaker accepted the Teddy Bear, grabbed a spool of thread and a needle off of a nearby cart and sat down. The tear wasn't too terribly bad and would take just a minute to fix.

"Tell me, have you seen anyone new around here?" Vicky asked the little girl as she started patching up Mister Bumbles for the little girl, who was thinking furiously as she was waiting patiently for the operation to be over.

"There was this one lady that came in and gave the Followers a bunch of caps. She started asking about the Knuckleheads and stuff." The little one said as she stood on her tippy toes to make sure that Mister Bumbles was okay.

"Really? Well, she's a friend of mine that I've been looking for for a really long time. Do you know where she lives?" Vicky asked as she continued to stitch up Mister Bumbles, making sure to do an extra good job for her little informant.

"Uh huh! She's lives in this house near by with another girl and a floating head!" The girl said with a smile, pleased at herself for being able to help such a nice woman.

"Oh my gosh. That really is them!" The Woman said with a radiant smile as she start tying a small knot in the thread to secure the stitching, memorizing the directions that the little girl gave her that would lead her towards the Rabbit Sisters' home.

"All done. The operation was a complete success!" The Undertaker said with another kind smile as she handed Mister Bumbles to the little girl who looked him over before giving him a big hug before running off without so much as a thank you.

As the girl ran off, Vicky motioned towards Markus, and started walking off towards the Rabbit Sisters' home.

The Rabbit Hole

"Morning Mer-Mer!" Vera said cheerfully while she checked her internal powercells. Everything seemed to be at the right levels... so no need to take the day off.

After Mercy got out of her shower, Vera added, "Sorry sis, if I knew it was going to be a cold one... I probably could have heated the tank up a little..."

Vera stopped that and started rubbing the underside of Mercy's left arm to warm the Plasma Bunny up a bit.

"Alright sis, we're going to be making you better armor today. Now drop that towel."

That got Vera's attention.

O.O I... like the sound of that but... no! No no no! Bad Vera bad!

Vera left Mercy's arm alone and hovered towards the table that Mercy's plasma pistol was sitting on. Vera started running an analysis on it to check for anything that needed to be fixed or tuned up... or... any improvements that could be made.

While that process did its work, another idea came to Vera.

"You know Tess, Mer-Mer," she called out to them without looking... or peeking, "I've been thinking... that asshole might know who we are, but the authorities don't... yet. So, maybe we should come up with codenames to use when we talk with or in front of... our recruits? I was thinking... Fireball would work for me... hmm... what do you guys think?"

Welcome to the Raunchy Rabbit, we'll meet your every demand ;)

"Umm... sorry about that..." Vera said, "The projector's a bit finicky... need to recalibrate it or... something."

Chuckling to herself, she laid a hand on her floating sister. "Thanks for listening, V. Keep it between us, okay? I'll tell my sister when I'm ready."

"SSOOOOOO ----- COOOOOOOOLD!!!!" Mercy's voice and chattering teeth had echoed off the bathroom's walls.

This caused Tessa to snort with laughter. Especially since SOMEONE decided to sleep in. "I'm the oldest! I get auto-dibs on everything, yo!"

Nearly done with cleaning her leather armor, she checked her pockets for any loose caps, instead she happened across a matchbook. The expensive kind. The kind that you'd get as a complimentary gift from more pricier hotels.

Tessa certainly didn't snag it. So who had she been in contact with recently?

Mercy, Vera, Knucklehead, pretty pale girl...

They did bump into one another.

Well the beautiful girl in the gorgeous clothing looked like the type with a substantial amount of caps behind her name. A name which she never had the pleasure of catching. Beautiful Bunny would be her name for now.

She had been staring at the little matchbook with a silly grin and the faintest signs of a blush. Was this an invitation?

Tessa's daydreaming had been put to an end when Mercy stood before her with an imposing tape-measure.

"Alright sis, we're going to be making you better armor today...-

"Why you gotta be hatin' on my armo-..."

"...Now drop that towel."

Tessa hesitated and contemplated refusing, she wasn't comfortable with her visible scars...but then her eye caught a glimpse of the nearby matchbook. That lead her to shrugging off the towel immediately and standing quite naked before Mercy.

"Hey, Mer-Mer..." She motioned to her sister's chest with a smirk, referencing her cold shower. "...is it a bit chilly in here, or is it just me?"

Explained previously, Tessa had little shame about her body. It wasn't a matter of confidence. It was a matter of perspective. She had spent day's sleeping in the lesser wet parts of a drain-pipe back in the day. Beauty was not on her list of priorities.

"Sorry about freaking you out earlier, I was just really tired after my fight with a Knucklehead." She smacked her forehead, since she remembered that Mercy had no idea. "Oh yeah! I went scouting on the rooftops..."

Tessa started going off about the entire fight, basically giving her sister a very enthusiastic play-by-play. She made special mention to how she snuck about on the rooftops and left a message for the man to deliver by the end of the fight.

"...then the guy I dropped off at the Followers let me keep the caps as compensation. How was your day though?"

Tessa was in a talkative mood, which suited her need to share information just fine. So she motioned to their makeshift whiteboard and continued. "I have an in with the Followers, I was thinking that whatever chems we liberate could be donated, they're good people. The Rabbit name is also something they're starting to spread around...so that gives us access to med supplies and more importantly, information."

Starting to feel the cold by now, Tessa was missing her towel.

"Anyway! Spiked Knuckles, it's their trademark weapon. They have the slums alleyways surrounded. Chem labs are grouped in the south. But I heard that there's one near a Khan bar and one somewhere in the richer areas of Cheyton...I say we do our explosive test run on the two stragglers. What do you think?" She looked down at her sister with a mischievous smile.

"There's everything you need to know on the board anyway." Tessa made a motion to her rudimentary stick-figure diagrams and notes. "Oh, do you recognize this?" Tessa pointed at the matchbook, which instantly caused her to blush, much to her dismay.

Luckily Vera distracted her in mid-fantasy. "So, maybe we should come up with codenames to use when we talk with or in front of... our recruits? I was thinking... Fireball would work for me... hmm... what do you guys think?"

"Heh, Fireball...you can look, y'know?... Good idea though! Erm...Mercy, you could be: Over charge, Vengeance (opposite of your real name) Tesla, Pew Pew or Energizer? I'm not good with codenames." She laughed a little at Pew Pew. Yet her mind wandered back to an old advertisement on a certain bunny mascot for batteries on an old holotape. "What about me? I'm partial to The Queen of Blades...kidding, kinda."

The Rabbit Hole

Vera listened intently to Tessa's exploits. She found it increasingly difficult to not turn around and stare right at the Thievius Rabbitus and hang breathlessly (literally) on her every word while staring adoringly into her eyes... as much as one can with a faceplate.

"What about me? I'm partial to The Queen of Blades...kidding, kinda."

"Sounds cool, but I think that one's taken," Vera said, "Lady of Pain maybe? No... doesn't fit you... at all, and I think that one's taken as well. Hmm..." Vera paused to think of a cool name for Tessa, "Thievius Rabbitus? No... probably not... too long... and I don't think anyone would get the joke now... hmm... how about Bugs? You know... like.. Bugs Bunny? 'Eh! What's up, Doc?' No? Umm... how about Thumper? No no... sounds like a stripper or something..."

Vera thought for a few more moments before blurting out another suggestion without realizing it at first.

"Playbunny... well... she certainly... oh crap." Vera stopped herself halfway through, having just realized that she'd said that out loud, "Um... sorry... I uh... didn't mean anything by it... umm... say... Mer-Mer... this plasma pistol of yours could do with some upgrades... and I uh... had some... ideas about... that."

Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap.

Markus felt uncomfortable, he was being watched too closely. She was paranoid. And this would be fun. It'd been a while since he'd met an intelligent soul, besides Paul. But he was dead now, this one's fate was still up in the air.

'Where do your stars point, Vicky?'

"Sure, Markus. Why don't you stay right here for a moment while I work my magic."

Markus watched in interest as his cohort fixed a teddy bear, and interrogated a little girl. Perhaps locals could be useful, but Markus barely cared. What mattered, was her sowing ability. Nobody in the Wasteland kicks ass to go home to a spool and a few hours of time killing. She had medical experience, which gave credit to her being an Undertaker, as well as the black clothing. The condition of her clothes showed she cared for her appearance as well, she was one in it for appearances. Perhaps that's why she caught onto his so quickly... But did she know his personality?

Markus grinned as she came back, and told him their next move. They were getting oh so close, and the time to discover their true alignment nigh. Would Vicky simply kill them and steal the home? Would the girls turn them away? All Markus cared for was a bed, and maybe food. Maybe them as food, depending on how much they had. Markus always wanted to try cannibalism, to see how far down the road to terrible he could truly go.

"So, tell me Undertaker, how much use does silent weaponry and the skill to manipulate really come up? No judgements, I'm a mercenary here after all, simply curious." Markus grinned, innocent as could be.

The Honey Bunny Hole: A Two Part Play in Sixty Nine Acts

If tales of The Bladed Bunny's exploits was causing the Blazing Bunny to become "hot under the collar" then the Boisterous Bunny's tales were causing quite the opposite effect on the Blaster Bunny as she dutifully measured and double measured her sister's body. The sister's comment on the coldness of the bathroom did little but make the youngest of the Rabbit sister blush as she realized that unlike her Curvaceous sister, Mercy was built like a 2x4.

"Mer-Mer... this plasma pistol of yours could do with some upgrades... and I uh... had some... ideas about... that." The Bouncing (Ball) Bunny said to her Bomber Bunny of a sister who was finishing up the last of the measurements on the Bearing Bunny, who brought gifts to all the good boy and girl bunnies in Bunnyland.

Looking at the Baller Bunny, the Breastless Bunny smirked for a moment and nodded in agreement.

"I was thinking about that the other day on my way here, actually. Right now, the thing only accepts standard run of the mill Energy Cells but not the Overcharge or the Maxcharge Energy Cells that I've been seeing around these parts." The Boom-boom Bunny responded to her Brainy Bunny of an Eyebot sister before turning to her Bountiful Boobies Bunny of an oldest sister.

"I've got all the measurements that I need, Tessa. But for the record, I think you should be more careful. I mean, I really don't know what I'd do if you were seriously hurt or if you got into any real trouble" The Repairing Rabbit said to her Rabid Rabbit of a sister, sounding more like a mom than a younger sister.

"As for my day, V and I went shopping, as you can see." Mercy said as she describe what she and the Repulsor Rabbit had done during the day as she headed over to the scrap pile of stuff that she had been gathering since she had started living there.

"What about Ruthless Rabbit for you, Tessa, and Robo Rabbit for V.? And I can be the Rowdy Rabbit? No, that doesn't suit me. How about Reading Rabbit? Since I love books and all?" Mercy asked her sisters, Rocker Rabbit and Wrathful Rabbit, as she started piling up a bunch of broken bits of plastic and some loose Brahmin leather, tossing the plastic bits into a heating pot.

It would take some time but the plastic would eventually melt and when it did, the interesting work could start. Until then, Murderous Mercy would start working on a Nano-Extrusion process so that she could create threads of nano-threads for Terrible Tessa's new armor. Vicious Vera was floating overhead, watching the whole process come together.

"Oh, do you recognize this?" The Heroic Hare pointed at the matchbook, which instantly caused her to blush, much to her dismay, and Headless Hare's delight.

"Actually no, sissy. I didn't know that there were any of those hotels in Cheyton. Pretty snazzy place if you ask me." The Helpful Hare said before adding, "Did some guy see you in the Markets and want to steal you away from us? Is he handsome? Is he rich? Is he dapper or dashing?"

The Hapless Hare's teasing, of course, caused the Honest Hare to blush even more and the Herding Hare to bob up and down in excitement even more.

With the plastic melted, the extrusion process could begin. Soon, the Horror Hare's new armor would be built. It would be a multiple layer of nano-weave plastic sheets sandwiched between Brahmin leather custom fitted to the measurements that the H@xx0r Hare had taken, allowing Tessa maximum protection and maximum agility.

"Oh, I came up with a design that we could use also when we start marking our territory. What to you think V.?" Mercy added as she pulled out a piece of paper and showed the ironically named Humungo Hare. The paper displayed the outline of a rabbit's head done in twisted barbwire.

"So, tell me Undertaker, how much use does silent weaponry and the skill to manipulate really come up? No judgements, I'm a mercenary here after all, simply curious." Markus grinned, innocent as could be (not very as his smile lacked the appropriate wrinkles around his eyes to indicate a true smile).

The Tall and Pale woman did not mind, however, as she already had a scripted answer for that particular question. One that had been drilled into her at an early age to that even she believed what she was saying.

"The truth of the matter is that us Undertakers are nothing but glorified sales people and people, in general, have an issue talking about death, especially when it comes to it being their own. If a regular person were to approach you and ask you if you had plans for your mortal remains, you would probably tell him or her that it was none of their business, when, in fact, it is MY business we're talking about. I have to be able to make people feel comfortable enough to talk to me about their deaths and help them plan for its inevitability. I have to assure them that I, as an Undertaker, would ensure that they have a proper burial and ensure that their remains are handled with the utmost care and dignity. If I didn't have the people skills that I have, I would never make a sale." The woman with the umbrella said as she and Markus casually walked to the location that the Child had directed them to.

The second part of Markus' question was easier still.

"As for silenced weapons, death in the Wastelands is usually accompanied by such violence. It's a horrible thing that's traumatizing and damaging to the spirit. I only keep Milly here," and it was at this point that she flashed a bit of her milky white thigh to display the matte black silenced 10 mm pistol that she had holstered there,"for my own personal protection. Believing what I believe about death and its inherent violence as well as having the amount of respect that I do for the dead and the dying, how could I be apart of the violence by bringing about the death of someone, even if they intended to harm me, in anything but the most peaceful way possible. A unsilenced gunshot, as characterized by its report and its muzzle flash, only serves to further the violence of death whereas a silenced and flash surpressed gunshot does not add to this. Therefore, if I take a life, I do so in the most peaceful fashion that I can."

This was, in fact the truth. As an Undertaker, she had to respect a person's right to a peaceful death, even if it was she that was taking the life of another person. It might have seemed ironic to most people but it didn't matter what these people thought, it was what Undertaker Victoria McGee whole heartedly believed.

They soon found themselves rounding another corner and what lay before them gave the Undertaker a moment's pause. If Markus had been pondering the words that the female Undertaker of the dead had spoken, he might not have noticed the fact that the umbrella that Vicky carried was no longer overhead covering her skin from the sun. Instead, he would have found his thoughts broken by a hand that took his, one that insisted that he slow his pace.

There was a man in front of them, one who had his back to them as he was peering around another corner. His armor, if you could call it that, seemed to be over sized or rather it was made of a very thick material. Markus had seen this type of armor before as it was the type of armor that trainers used to train the Legion Mongrels that sometimes traveled with their Legionaire masters.

"Keepers..." The Undertaker hissed as she reversed her grip on her umbrella and used the curved end like a stage gaff, hooking the man around the neck and pulling him backwards.

As she had admitted into believing, the man's end was both violent but quiet at the same time as the Undertaker brought dragged her quarry onto his back before running the silver handled straight razor over the man's throat caughting a spurt of crimson to spray all over the side of the building that they were standing next to.

You didn't think that the Knuckleheads would only call one group of Assassins to deal with a threat to their powerbase did you?

"Markus. Go look for a cart. It'll be covered and there'll be at least one more of these monsters guarding it but listen for the howling and whatever you do, don't let the guard spray you with blood." The Tall and Pale assassin said as she looked around another cover where another one of the Keepers was about to start marking the entrance to the Rabbit Sisters' home.

There's a reason why the undertaker thought of these savages as monsters and it was the same reason that these assholes were known as Keepers. They were trainers, only they didn't train animals to kill. Instead, they used children to do their dirty work for them. The children were captured or bought at a young age and treated like animals until they lost all semblance of their humanity. They became feral and savage and dangerous to those whom they were told to kill.

Why Children? Even if a child was charging at you with blood lust in its eyes, most people would pause before defending themselves. Most people would avoid trying to kill or harm the child. That's what the Keeper's pets relied on. Their apparent innocence was their most effective weapon as they mauled their victims.

The second of the Keepers wouldn't go down without a fight, however as he sensed that someone was behind him. His spinning strike surprised the Undertaker as the butt of his SMG collided with the side of her head, causing Vicky to see stars and to fall backwards.

"Hah! So those idiot Knuckleheads called you filthy Undertakers as well, eh?" The Keeper said as he pointed the SMG at Vicky, his finger pulling the trigger as the Pale woman used her umbrella to strike the barrel.

BRAT-TA-TATA-TATA-TATA-TAT!

The first of the bullet salvo entered Vicky's thigh with the second entering her shoulder while the rest impacted harmlessly against the ground as the barrel was lead away from the Undertaker's body. The pain... the pain was intense as the woman struggled to defend herself against her opponent. With her left arm useless, she struck out with her right arm and the straight razor. If she had been aiming for the man's upper body, the thick padded armor would have absorbed the strike. IF she had been aiming for the man's arms, the same would have been true.

She was not, however, aiming for either of those places as the blade of the silver handled straight razor entered the man's inner thigh, just above his knee and traversed upwards and then downwards in an arc as the desperate Vicky carved through both the man's femoral arteries as well as his scrotum. The man was a dead man even as he grabbed his ruined manhood, he was worred more about that than the blood that quickly flooded out of his body, washing over the Undertaker before it stained the ground.

Vicky was quickly losing consciousness and as her eyes closed she hoped that Markus could find the Keeper's Pets and destroy them and before everything went black she heard their destinctive howling.

"HAROOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Markus rolled his eyes, but kept his charade of a smile on his face. Too practiced, a bit wordy. Boring answer for a boring question, she was prepared whereas Markus was thrown into the life of this woman. This woman who really had a thing for her thigh.

'Has she been coming onto me? Is this what this has been?' Markus' face contorted to his crooked frown. She was barking up the wrong tree if that were the case, he swore off women a while ago. Woe is too the celibate Legionnaire who is tasked with keeping a horny albino on a leash. One that could see through him, no less.

Markus began paying attention when she took his hand, he was about to say something to the effect of 'no means no', when he noticed someone who looked a tad like a legionnaire. Vicky referred to him as a Keeper, before ending his life with a knife. She was good with that, but he was a tad confused about her request for a covered cart. He followed her orders, regardless, running off into a different direction.

Markus found something like it, a cage with another brute in front of it. He took his aim, though the lumbering asshole noticed the crouched figure amid the chaos. He took a few steps forward, before a bullet winged off his helmet, making him stumble back. He quickly got up, as Markus reloaded, this bullet was meant to pierce the mans head. But, he had gotten too close, he threw a water balloon. It splattered on Markus' shirt, smelled rancid and made a small amount of bile at the back off his throat.

Markus took his shot, the bullet managed to get through to the mans neck. A splatter of blood accompanied him as Markus heard a deafening howl.

"HAROOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Markus quickly reloaded, and placed his rifle on his back as he noticed the charge. An almost naked kid, drooling and covered in blood and filth. He quickly drew his pistol, and let a round loose in the things skull, it slammed pitifully into Markus leg. He stumbled, and fell, looking up to see a few more pets, a girl and another boy, bigger and stronger by the look. Markus quickly pulled his pistol up, the next two bullets went into the bigger kids leg and shoulder. Markus watched with small satisfaction as he snapped back and did a somersault, landing on his face and whimpering.

The girl didn't get shot down, she was on Markus in seconds, clawing into his shoulders painfully. It took everything in Markus to grab her tiny, surprisingly powerful wrists, and lift them above her head. She lowered, trying to bite Markus' face off, but Markus quickly lifted his head for a direct collision. She bounced back, giving Markus the time to grab his icepick, and give a quick swing to her temple. He missed, hitting above it, making her collapse.

'Compromising, lover boy.' Markus would have to kick himself for that terrible thought later, for now, there was a kid still alive back there. He quickly caught up to him, he was crying, injured, dying.

"Hey, kid." Markus started, the kid clawed at him. Markus sighed, placing his index and thumb on the bridge of his nose. An annoying feral brat. "Oh well, your new name is Paul. Welcome to the road to redemption, find a new life or follow me, I don't care." Markus turned on his heel, and the kid got up on one knee. He made a desperate lunge, but Markus was already out of range.

"Hope he doesn't starve." Markus said, bored, on his way back to Vicky.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked