Fallout: Wild Horses (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Okay....somehow during the wait, Malkos overturned a rock and found a door to the Meta-Bar. He returned soon after to...

Somewhere in Wyoming...

Malkos did not appreciate Joe's candor, nor did he like him to talk of his ancestor. Of course, why would HE be aware of the hardships in between his pleasant little stories? Even the Vault Dweller only had part of the picture down. Oh, Goris had done alright for the most part, but he was hurting inside. The day the Enclave came and raided Vault 13 would be the first historic sorrow of a Deathclaw, among other things. He did not grow to hate or fear humans, but he did grow more protective of his kind. That was why they left, because all of his accrued knowledge told him the talking Deathclaw would not survive at this rate. It would take many years for them to be truly accepted. That was when Mcgrath spoke.

"He was just trying to protect me you Monster"

"And you were all attacking because I said you were noisy."

He pointed at Martin, who was now pointing a gun at Joe.

"HE gets it, and you're learning the hard way."

And now, he turned his attention to Joe, first apparently flexing his body and...uhhh...some of the bullets wedged in his body fell out. The Deathclaw now regarded the Ranger with his clawed hands to his hips

"That just leaves you. I might consider traveling with humans to better allow the word to get out that maybe some Deathclaws are more than just bloodthirsty, but you haven't given any reason at all for me to trust you. I don't care about non-killing shots. I do not like getting shot AT. It may come with the territory, and I have trained a considerable amount to avoid shots, but it is not something I enjoy. If my ancestor means anything to you, you will stand down immediately."

Malkos saw the way the wind blew in this when he saw Martin before. The tables had turned, and if Joe wasn't going to play ball, he was going to go find the local 'Claws that this fallen fellow they'd killed belonged to...and then things would become unpleasant.

McGrath craddled the wounded cyborg. Malkos responded to him, but it took a few moments for it to get through. "What?!! Thats what this was about? I assumed this was because you and the dumb one were attacking these guys! I met like ten death claws on the way here and they all tried to rip me apart. So I was trying to get the jump on you before did the same thing to me. I didn't even know for sure there were intelligent deathclaws. I only knew of rumors. Shit. Am I racist? Um...Okay if you help me and Dave here stand up we can just call it even. Because I can fix this but not with him on his side." He extended his hand.

Lucky Loser Lane
(Picture of Hasting's house)
Ollie kicked the door in seconds before Harland tossed the hand grenade. The two hugged the side of Hasting's doorway, anticipating return fire. When none came, the two pushed into the hallway, peeking around corners into the kitchen and dining room. All over the place were empty Jet inhalers and mountains of used stimpacks. Ollie could smell the antiseptic in the air. Some of these were still fresh, which meant their red eyed reaper was still home. The bottom floor was empty, and Harland tossed a second grenade into the basement for good measure. This wasn't good. Hastings was in the house with them, but there was no sight or sound of him. It was eerily quiet following the two blasts.

[Walker Instinct] Ollie put his hand to the walls and the floor, feeling for any vibrations. Focusing, he felt the slightest creak in the floorboards. Motioning for Harland to stand still, Ollie readied his hatchet. The hallway was flanked by stairs to the upper floor. Vincent was up there, Ollie was certain. He quietly motioned for Harland to come forward, and he grabbed the Khan's last grenade. Creeping ever so carefully up the stairs, Ollie made sure the banister was clear before moving forward. He tested the walls again. Gotcha, he thought.

Ollie lobbed the last grenade through the open bedroom door. The blast turned the pristine white frame to splinters. Rushing through the wreckage, Ollie made for the bedroom, even as the bladed mantis gauntlet swung out of the bathroom. Barely ducking under the swing, the edge of the blade caught his chin, and the wound started to burn. The gauntlet must have been coated in acid, and the pain was searing. [Khan Trick] Ollie rolled out of the way, grabbing a handful of splinters and tossing them at his assailant's face. Vincent recoiled, and Ollie kicked out at him, scrambling to his feet.

The Chem fiend's eyes were bloodshot, his face was blackened with soot from the grenades, and several scars covered his body. But he was still standing. Ollie swung his hatchet at the man's gut. Vincent parried the strike again, laying a punch into the Khan's face. The two bowled into each other, tumbling back down the stairs in a brutal scuffle. Kicking, biting, hacking and stabbing each other, Ollie and Vincent were going to kill each other before one would give up. Fortunately for Ollie, he had friends. Hastings had none.

Harland pulled Vincent Hastings off of Ollie, decking him in the back of the head and sending the bastard tumbling to the ground. Ollie jumped on the man, pulling the Governator from behind his back. He pressed the revolver up to the man's head, finger on the trigger. "The Khans called, we're here to collect. Your head would do nicely, but I think it'd look better on the floor."

Vincent said nothing, his face vacant, but his eyes twitching and darting in all directions. The man was too far gone on a Jet Rush to even understand what they were saying. Ollie didn't care, though. He squeezed the trigger, splattering skull fragments and brain matter over the floor. Breathing free after the bout of violence, he called Anna inside from her watch. "Alright, we're good. That's one asshole less to worry about in town."

The Rabbit Hole: The Plasma Bunny

"How did this... happen?" Markus McHuggins asked from behind the Plasma Bunny causing her to tip over her bowl of Greyish Wall Paste, which didn't spill out of the bowl so much as ooze its way out of the bowl, while the now Speed Stammering Rabbit scurried to clean up her mess.

"WellIwas-was-thinkingthatitwouldbenicefor-for-forustoallshareamealbutIkindasortaruinedthestewthatIwasmakingandI-I-I-thoughtthatIcouldsalvageitbutitkindatasteslikeoldsocksandbootsandbrahminroadapplesallmixedintoone. Iwouldn'trecommendthatyoutryitatallbe-be-becauseit'skindacrappyandstuff." Mercy said as noted the fact that she didn't even need a rag to clean off the mess as the Greyish Goo sort of just clumped together like so much silly putty.

Taking a deep breath, the young woman managed to calm her nerves a little bit as she looked over at the Burly Bunny who was in the process of holstering his weapon.

"When I was a kid, I had used to daydream about running my own restaurant but you sorta have to know how to cook if you wanna open your own restaurant." She explained as she opened the door to the Rabbit Home and placed the bowl of Grey Molasses on the doorstep, hoping that a passing dog or cat or Death Claw would take a liking to her meal and carry it off. "I thought that maybe since I'm a bit older, I might be a better cook but that stew was worse than what I used to make as a kid."

Looking at the Legionnaire, she couldn't help but notice his eyebrow raise when she mentioned that the dish that she had prepared was supposed to be stew, causing her cheeks to flush in embarrassment once again as she looked out the door and noticed that a stray dog had wandered up to her bowl of Muck, sniffed it and bolted off from whence it came.

"I guess I should leave the cooking to Tessa." She said, clearly defeated by her cooking skills as she sat down at her bench, going back to making the Bunny-clad Bombs that she needed to be working on if the Twisted Hares were going to send the Knuckleheads packing out of Cheyton.

"Did I hear you right? You've got members of the Legion coming here?" Mercy asked, clearly nervous not only by Markus' proximity to her but by the simple fact that members of the infamous Caesar's Legion were on their way to Cheyton.

The Rabbit Hole:

"I know you wanted to be alone for a minute, but... I had to make sure you were okay. So... are you? Is there anything I can do to help?" The Rabbit Eared EyeBot asked Victoria as she stared at the very scene that she had just been a party to. The question as to whether or not the Black Clad Undertaker was okay was a bit of tricky question.

"Yes. At-at least I think so." Vicky said as she closed the comic book, turning towards the concerned little Eyebot as she began putting the comic books back into her pack.

"I mean I guess I'm as okay as one could be if one were to have just been visited by a younger version of their father." The Friendly Neighborhood undertaker said as she sighed to herself, leaving out information about IT and other scenes that were likely to happen in the future if the comic books were to be believed.

"Not bothering anything, am I?" Came a familiar voice that brought relief to Victoria's frazzled mind and a smile to the woman's pale facade as she saw Tess entering the room, Markus not far behind.

"Oh nothing much, just... your girlfriend over there trying to flirt with me." the evil little eyebot said while pitching her frame up, around, and down in her best approximation of a human rolling their eyes. "Kidding! Just kidding Tessa!"

The comment cause the Undertaker to smile for a second until Markus mentioned something about more of the Legion coming into Cheyton before wandering off, the news setting off alarms in the back of Undertaker McGee's mind.

"The Legion coming into Cheyton is NOT going to be a good thing. Even if they help us dislodge the Knuckleheads, what's to keep them from taking the Knuckleheads' place?" Vicky commented absently as her mind started going through various plans and dropping almost as quickly as they came until there were one or two that were left in her mind. The plans, however, could wait as the Black Bunny became interested in what Vera and Mercy had planned for their sister and Vicky's Dear Little Rabbit.

The Rabbit Hole.

Upon hearing her youngest sister getting a bit embarrassed about her cooking, Vera gently floated over to her rescue.

"Umm..." Vera said examining the food that was oozing out of the bowl, "It doesn't look that bad. I'd like to try some if I could... you know... eat."

The Ball-Bearing Bunny nuzzled her little Mercy. Then she heard the Black Swan talk about her father, disturbed, but not exactly sounding horribly distressed either. The little eyebot floated over to her anyway.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better," she said, trying not to let the memories come back, "My 'dad' got drunk every now and then, and forgot why I was around and took potshots at me with his pulse rifle. As for... what Mercy and I were working on for Tessa..."

Vera turned towards a blank wall and projected the blueprints for the alien device on it.

"From what I can tell," she said, "This thing can cut through power armor, cauterizes every wound it makes, and well... its so advanced that... most people now would think it was run by magic. Which... it could be for all I know. The only catch her is that the would-be wielder has to build it themselves. Umm... but there's nothing there that says Mercy and I can't walk Tessa through it."

Turning her projector off, Vera turned to the Bladed Bunny, "So uh... what do you think? Want to give it a try? Mercy and I already gathered the parts you'd need for it."

"When I was a kid, I had used to daydream about running my own restaurant but you sorta have to know how to cook if you wanna open your own restaurant. I thought that maybe since I'm a bit older, I might be a better cook but that stew was worse than what I used to make as a kid."

Markus raised an eyebrow and smiled at this. The fancies of youth, and all that. Markus was used to living on the road, and as a survivalist... well, he could at least prepare a decent meal. He watched as she moved the bowl of grey goop, and moved towards her, as he made an offer.

"If you need help, I suppose I can teach you how to not make this... with time. And effort." Perhaps he was too close, judging by her nervousness again. Why was she so nervous again? Was it something to do with the nudity, the army... or did she like him? The idea had crossed his mind a few times, but he was still a celibate. So long as he was a Legate, no women or men for anyone. He sighed, feeling a bit warmer than before. She was cute...

"Did I hear you right? You've got members of the Legion coming here?"

"Ah. That must be it. Yes, my legion of outcasts is coming here... We'll defeat the knuckle heads then we'll most likely move on." Markus frowned, and put his hand on Mercy's shoulder. "I don't want to go, I think, but I have unfinished business. With Lanius. When he lies dead, I'll decide what I do... Would you or Tessa want to come with? I could use either of your help with this, and you'd both make great legionnaires with a bit of training." Markus backed up a step, dropped his gaze.

"And... I really want you guys to help me. We'd all be dead without each other, I like having you guys around. I'm sure if I wasn't celibate I'd even try for your attention... Despite you being a lot younger than me. Oh well, 'what if's' don't really help me." Markus spoke the last part quickly, beginning to blush. He moved towards the door, but would allow himself to get stopped by her.

Cheyton Streets, near Feral Rabbit territory
High off their serving of Khan justice, the trio of warriors swaggered down the streets like they owned the place (Which, for all intents and purposes, they might as well have). There were a surprising amount of children running around, some playing with knives, others scrambling over heaps of trash that looked fused to the buildings, coated in years of dirt and grime. Coming off the strangely idyllic, wide yards of Lucky Loser Lane, this looked more like the shantytowns dotting Wyoming, only denser and more populated. Old warehouses, a police station, and a grocery store were about the only buildings with more than three feet of alley space between them. Cramped would not do justice to the absolutely constricting roads.

Harland swept off a park bench caked with garbage, leaning back and soaking in the warm sun rays that managed to penetrate between the tight buildings. Ollie and Anna kicked in the door to the market, returning shortly with a handful of Nuka Colas. The sweet rewards for a hard days work. Ollie felt relaxed for the first time in days as he felt the cool, fizzy drink bubble in his throat. He grabbed a handful of trail mix from his pouch, nibbling while he took out his pencil and pad, and quickly drew up a sketch of the supermarket.

Harland looked over at Ollie's paper. "What are you doing?" he asked.

Ollie propped up his quick sketch for Harland and Anna to see. "I was thinking that, if the gang is going to be in Cheyton for a while, we should have a place to hole up and sleep. I mean, we can't expect to stay at the clinic forever. That Grocery store has plenty of sealed food, lots of space in the back room, and only two streets to approach it from. It looks perfect for a home, don't you think?"

Anna nodded in agreement. "He's right, Harl, it would solve our problems for the short term, until we can get in touch with the rest of the Clan out on the plains. Jack could even get his chem still set up again, make a trade with the Clinic for helping our bros. All we'd need to do is- who is that?"

Ruedyn:
snip

A man with gleaming armor was passing through the streets. It looked recently done, too, real fancy kit for a guy walking around the slums. But that wasn't what had caught Anna's attention. It was the short, straight blade dangling from his hip. It looked way too similar to the swords left lying around the old fort when they had come upon the battle. It was Legion made. Anna pointed it out to Harland and Ollie, and they confirmed it. Legion. They were inside Cheyton already, who knew how close the rest of the army was?

The man looked around the slums, before walking up to one of the decrepit buildings and knocking on the door. Without even waiting for the other two, Harland stood up, pulled out his gun, and started firing. "Come on you Legion fuck! You think you can mess with the Khans and get away with it? You've got another thing coming!"

Ollie and Anna both pulled out their guns as well, firing off shots at the Legionnaire before diving into Harland. They tackled him to the ground and pulled him behind a metal dumpster. "Are you fucking nuts?" said Anna. Ollie kept shooting at the man, trying to pin him. It looked like the Khans were going to collect on another debt sooner than they'd thought.

Treb was a man who didn't really trust his underlings. Sure, Casca was trained and fairly competent, but was also a mute and a bit of an ass. So why would he trust the guy on his own with meeting up with their leader?

The answer is a fairly obvious 'I won't'. He didn't trail the kid too much, but he met up with him as he was leaving Cheyton. Treb had brought the army a bit closer, likely a day away now. All he had to do was trust that Casca could find them and move with them. They would be wearing disguises when they entered, and seek out the Knucklehead base. They were easy to finish off though from what Casca told him they were under orders to do it too.

He moved through the streets, noticing no one approach him. It was probably his natural lack of charm working against him, again. He preferred to be alone at least. Other people got things wrong, and were usually weaker than him. Treb could probably take Lanius on one on one, if he could get close enough.

He found the door matching Casca's drawing, and walked up to it. He gave a quick few knocks, and the door opened in front of him. Virgil stared at him in disbelief, making Treb smile. Unfortunately, the reunion was ruined by some loud asshole with a gun.

"Come on you Legion fuck! You think you can mess with the Khans and get away with it? You've got another thing coming!"

Treb felt a bullet ping off the back of his armor, otherwise all were misses. He turned around slowly, hate in his eye, and growled at the man.

[Terrifying Presence] "I do believe I hear the sound of a death wish!" The bullets whizzed around him, and he drew his big blade, the Western one of course. He tossed his rifle to Markus.

"Here, Legate. Cover me as I do Mar's work!" Markus caught it, and moved into the yard, letting loose a few rounds while Treb charged, yelling at those brave enough to stand against him.

"MARS HAVE MERCY FOR I WILL NOT!" He sprinted towards the dumpster, and turned around the corner, giving a bestial growl at Harland

Ruedyn:
Snip

Fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK! The big man with a bigger sword was coming right at them. Anna was holding Harland back, telling him to shoot rather than run out in the open. Ollie was keeping his head down. He'd seen the Legionnaire toss a gun to another man in the doorway, more trouble. What was Harland thinking? He wasn't, of course, and now they had a fight on their hands, in territory they didn't know, against a man who had a sword larger than he was. Fucking brilliant work.

The charging warrior was screaming. "MARS HAVE MERCY FOR I WILL NOT!" He turned the corner of the dumpster, growling at them. [KHAN TRICK] And them promptly got a face full of dirt in his eyes. The three Khans jumped out of the way, firing back at the Legionnaire. His armor was living up to its shine, either that, or the man was just ignoring the bullet holes in his uniform. Whatever the reason, he wasn't slowing down.

There was a small fountain by the storefront. Ollie raced for it. The Legionnaire's buddy in the doorway had started shooting, bullets whizzing past Ollie. The wiry Khan felt them rip past his vest, and he dropped into a slide behind the fountain. Anna and Harland were fleeing the other way, while a Sword with a person attached to it came swinging after them. Ollie had spent his rounds, and had to reload the Governator. His .45 rounds were just plinking off the man's suit. He needed something bigger. Digging into his pocket, he found his treasures: a case of .410 bores. The Governator was suddenly a shotgun you could hold in one hand.

Ollie loaded the shells into the revolver, more shots from the marksman keeping him down. He thought quickly, searching for a way to get their attention on him, not Anna and Harland. The answer came soon enough, "Hey Legion! You get tired on the way here from Laramie? Bet you're just exhausted from fucking yourselves! How raw is your ass after a night like that?"

A little crass, but if that didn't set them off, well, he expected more than a few new holes to sew up in the near future.

"Hey Legion! You get tired on the way here from Laramie? Bet you're just exhausted from fucking yourselves! How raw is your ass after a night like that?"

"The hell are you even talking about?" Markus called out, kneeling down and aiming. Trebonius continued his mad charge, he was armored and his glasses took most the dirt. Still, his eyes stung and his glasses got dirty, so slightly impaired. Markus recognized the name, somewhat. These guys were Khans... annoying, traitorous pricks.

"A Khan that won't running away? You must be new!" Markus yelled over his cover, a fence. He ran out of ammo, however, and placed the gun down, drawing his pistol. It was sneaking time. He started moving away, luckily, the people were shooting to much to notice a lull in his activities.

Treb didn't hear a whistle. That meant Markus was going solo, and Treb was free to follow the freeing druggies. He sprinted after them, he was probably in better shape from training and generally healthy lifestyle. He called out after them.

"You shoot, you taunt, and then you run? What cowards are you?! Can't blame you for hating Lanius, but with your help imagine how many would not have died! Friends, family, all still within our reach, but yet you cowardly profligates throw it all away!"

Markus heard his friend's son yelling, and held in his sigh. He was always a silent runner. Ollie wouldn't notice his approach... Hopefully. He quickly and quietly moved to the side of the scared man, pointing his pistol at his head while staying out of arms reach. He was ready to drop him if he made a move that wasn't surrendering.

"I'm faster than you. Empty the gun, raise your hands, and follow me into the house. Hold on." Markus fired a round into the dirt next to Ollie, and Treb stopped. He could catch up, kill the Khan's... but it sounded over. He turned around and started walking back.

Meanwhile, at the Knuckleheads' HQ

Ulysses sat on the previous crime boss's "throne," tapping the floor in front of him with Old Glory, trying to think. Several of his scouts had come in with troubling news. Two members from Legate Virgil's failed Legion had already returned to their master. More were on their way from the sound of it. As much as he had hoped that this was going to be the only development for a while, he knew that it just wasn't going to work out that way. The Legion had always kept careful track of its own. Only two things kept Lanius from trying to bring The Courier of the East back into the fold; thanks to The Sundering of The Divide, most in the Legion believed Ulysses to be dead, and then of course, there was the old scout's own skill at covering his tracks. When he chose to, anyway.

Whatever Markus intended to do with his army of failures and rejects, Ulysses knew it would be moot once The Monster of the East inevitably learned of what was going on in Cheyton, and that he would soon bring the full force of the Bull's charge to the small town. Ulysses did not want to see another potential home destroyed; certainly not while he could still do something about it.

This left the old courier with only a few options.

He had hoped not to have to use them so soon, but, desperate times, desperate measures. Ulysses got up from the 'throne', and dug through the pack of supplies he'd brought with him. Eventually, he found them. The two hologram emitters that he had modified to have a range extending over half of Cheyton. Only two holo-guards, but... it would be enough to catch the Legate's attention. Whether he wished to eradicate this technology, or use it... well, either one would require Lanius to divert his forces towards Vault 74. Might also bring the Hares. Hmm... Rabbit, Bull, all that's missing is the Bear. But, I doubt they are in any position to interfere.

"Stew," Ulysses said, "My new friend; I'm afraid I'm going to make a change in plans. We need to keep the Legion from staying in Cheyton for long. We'll need to draw them away. I'm going to Vault 74 after... setting something in motion that will almost assuredly get Legate Lanius's attention." Ulysses pointed to Cheyton on a nearby map of Wyoming, and traced a safe route on it from the small town all the way to the location of Vault 74, which was to the north-western most corner of the map.

"You will find me there," Ulysses said, turning back to his new super mutant friend, "My path must take me there ahead of everyone else if I am to get there in time to set up a trap for the Bull. If you have trouble... just stick with the Rabbit family. They're... friends of a sort. I would like you to keep them safe. I don't know if they'll trust you at first, but... try to earn it from them. Once you do, they'll stand by you no matter what storms head their way."

To anyone that could claim to know the man well (which was a select few, sadly), there seemed to be a slight change in the tone in his voice, as if... genuine admiration were creeping into it.

With that, Ulysses stepped into a more private room to record two holotapes. One, he set in front of a red scrawl of the Old World Flag, and he set the other in front of a white drawing of the same logo.

Re-entering the main room, Ulysses waited for Stew to leave before continuing. Just in time, as his lieutenants returned to show him the fruits of their labors on... improving their appearance. All of them now wore their hair like he did. All of them wore a leather coat similar to his. And on the back of every coat, was a sloppy, horribly imprecise mockery of the Old World Flag. And then one of them suggested making it the new Knucklehead 'uniform.' That was enough to set Ulysses flying into a rage.

Without another word, he shot two of his 'lts' with his smg, then swung at the rest with Old Glory. He broke a few bones, but almost all of them escaped, and ran straight for the Twisted Hares, screaming in terror the whole way. Ulysses quickly suppressed his rage, and clambered onto the rooftops to find the most viable locations to place the holo-emitters. Both pre-programmed to protect civilians, and bring death to any Legionary that came within their 'view.' He found one such location atop the Keepers' former watchtower in the slums. He left the first there, and turned it on. He left the second one in the middle of the marketplace, in an old man's shop, behind a bunch of other technological wares.

Then, he left Cheyton entirely and headed for Vault 74.

The Rabbit Hole: The Black Velvetine Rabbit

"From what I can tell," The EyeRabbit said, "This thing can cut through power armor, cauterizes every wound it makes, and well... its so advanced that... most people now would think it was run by magic. Which... it could be for all I know. The only catch her is that the would-be wielder has to build it themselves. Umm... but there's nothing there that says Mercy and I can't walk Tessa through it."

Examining the diagram that Vera displayed on the blank wall, Victoria was more than slightly impressed by the design of weapon that Mercy and her Spherical Sister were proposing for Vicky's dearest little thief although the thought of a weapon that used what appeared to be plasma as a blade was a bit disconcerting if it were to be used by someone unskilled with a blade.

"Hopefully she'll be able to learn to use this thing without severing one of her limbs. I'd like it if you kept Tessa in one piece thank you." The Sultry Neighborhood Undertaker said with a smile as she observed the interaction between The Legionnaire and the Youngest of the Rabbit sisters.

"And... I really want you guys to help me. We'd all be dead without each other, I like having you guys around. I'm sure if I wasn't celibate I'd even try for your attention... Despite you being a lot younger than me. Oh well, 'what if's' don't really help me." She overheard the blushing brute say before as he opened the door to the Rabbit Home.

"(Looks like I'm not the only one that's grown soft because of the Rabbit Family.)" The would-be Rabbit Hunter thought to herself before the sound of gunfire broke through her thoughts.

"The Knuckleheads?!" The Black Velvet Clad Woman exclaimed as she hurried towards the back door and the world beyond. Using her long limbs and a trick that she had learned from her crazed cousin, she used to her forward momentum to swing herself onto the roof of the Rabbit Home and her sniper perch/sun deck and took position to cover Markus and whomever it was that he was assisting.

"I'm faster than you. Empty the gun, raise your hands, and follow me into the house. Hold on." She heard the Markus order as he fired a round into the dirt. To emphasize the man's point, TI(a)MAT spoke and spat a 50 Caliber Armor Piercing Round down range, through a dumpster before causing thick chunk of wall to explode outwards.

"I highly suggest you take the brute's words into consideration. Even if you are able to outrun him, I highly doubt that you would be able to outrun one of my bul-"

*PANG!!!*

The Undertaker's words were interrupted as a bullet ricocheted off of the metal roof where the Sniper was stationed, a bullet that did NOT come from the directions of the Khans that Markus was addressing but instead came from a group of Knuckleheads that were dressed much like the ratfaced bastard, Ulysses.

"Markus! Knuckleheads!" The angered Undertaker called out as she swung her Rifle towards the incoming Ulysses Fan-Club Rejects.

*THWIP!*

TI(a)MAT spoke again, this time with deadly accuracy as the rifle's projectile severed a Knuckleheads' leg right above the knee, the man's momentum carrying him for a few more steps before he fell over grabbing at the stump that used to be a leg.

Ruedyn:
Snip

Shit, thought Ollie. Marksman had got the drop on him, a gun pointed at his head. He glanced over where he'd last seen Harland and Anna. They had disappeared, and the Legionnaire was returning. Cursing under his breath, Ollie dropped the Governator and hatchet and slowly rose to his feet, hands held up. The marksman kept his pistol on Ollie, keeping him at arms length. The man had an unnerving stare that seemed to pierce Ollie's skin.

"Well shit, thanks for nothing Harl," Ollie said to himself. He glanced at the Legionnaire again, unable to look the scarred man in the face. "What the fuck are you guys doing here? This is Khan territory!"

The marksman nudged Ollie in the back, pushing him towards the house. The swordsman picked up his gun and axe, pocketing them before following his buddy. Then something odd happened. A lady came flying out of the house, swinging herself up onto the rooftop while carrying an enormous rifle.

Generic NPC 22:
Snip

Markus! Knuckleheads! called the sniper. Gunfire blazed down the road, and a dozen burly men followed, blasting away at the two Legionnaires. Ollie ducked inside the house, as more gunshots ricocheted past the front door. Inside were two more women and what looked like a floating soccer ball with antennas. So far, Ollie's day seemed to be turning from violent, to stupid, to just plain weird.

Markus wasn't surprised by the 50. cal shattering the wall near him. If the bunnies didn't act after all the bullets they'd fired, he'd assume them all deaf. And then his awkward professing of feelings would be ignored, but he doubted that very much. He heard the prisoner speak under his breath, then ask a question.

"What the fuck are you guys doing here? This is Khan territory!"

"Wrong. Right now, you're in Rabbit territory." Markus nudged the man towards the house. "They have full protection of my Legion, remember that before you start firing on us again. Now, you get to be prisoner until your friends show back up, then you leave. If they don't in a weeks time, you will be made an example of."

"Markus! Knuckleheads!"

"... Do they have Ulysses hair-?" Markus turned around, and dove down for his carbine, Treb was close behind. He tossed his ammo to Markus, which he caught and pocketed. Then, Treb turned around, intent on unleashing a bit of stress. He took a bullet to the arm earlier, but he couldn't let himself feel it now. There was still work to bee done.

He sighed and put away his bumper sword. For now, it was Gladius Time. He drew it and pointed it at the enemies in fluid motion. They had weird hair he noticed, before issuing his warning. He began walking towards the group,

"You, Knuckleheads! You have allied yourself with the Lanius! For this crimes, as well as I'm sure SEVERAL others, you have earned your death at the hands of our Legion's greatest Centurion!" He began sprinting, surprisingly swift for someone who carries a bumper sword and pure steel breastplate.

Markus reloaded, and looked down range. He double tapped some guy in the stupid haircut while Treb reached his target, and quickly grabbed his arm, and in one chop removed it. He beat the closest man with his friends arm, before ending it with a gladius to the face.

"Vicky, how many are there?" Markus called back, trying to ignore his friends sons actions.

Same Joe time, same Joe location!
[Lucky Shades]In the reflection of the sunglasses, Joe saw Martin being a traitorous asshole.
[Guns 85] Joe knew enough about sniping to tell when someone was about to take a shot.
[Agility]And he was quick enough to move if Martin did try that.
[Shoot To Wound]He was also prepared to ventilate Martin's limbs if he tried.
"He was just trying to protect me you Monster"
"And you were all attacking because I said you were noisy."
While Joe was fond of brahmin as beasts of burden, to be ranched for their hides and meat, or just as a pet, he was not fond of brahmin shit. This Deathclaw was spewing a copious amount.
It pointed at Martin.
"HE gets it, and you're learning the hard way."
Joe had tried to be civil. He had been unnecessarily civil with Elder Tempson, despite his inconsistent BS about losing people, yet not wanting a similar deal to the Thaler act to keep his settlement populated and employed.
"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining."
[Survival 90/100]Joe was not familiar with the properties of Deathclaw urine. He assumed it was highly caustic or caused humans who inhaled the fumes to hallucinate.
[Persuasion]"You know that's shit. Nobody in the waste opens by trying to negotiate with a Deathclaw. Almost all Deathclaws are hostile, and only the cartoonishly naive would expect one to stand down when asked nicely. The burden of diplomacy will fall on the big spiky monster in this case. When there's a Deathclaw behind you; as a rule it wants you dead. You made no attempt to establish peaceful intent."
Now Joe was kind of curious about Deathclaw urine. This was going to bug him.

Wyoming Wasteland - Somewhere

"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining. You know that's shit. Nobody in the waste opens by trying to negotiate with a Deathclaw. Almost all Deathclaws are hostile, and only the cartoonishly naive would expect one to stand down when asked nicely. The burden of diplomacy will fall on the big spiky monster in this case. When there's a Deathclaw behind you; as a rule it wants you dead. You made no attempt to establish peaceful intent."

You opened fire on it, it wasn't moving towards us, we could have avoided it...

Martin kept his aim on Joe's head.

The Rabbit Home Rooftop:

"Vicky, how many are there?" The Legionnaire called out as the Pale Undertaker took a look through her scope, counting the number of Knuckleheads that appeared to be charging towards the Rabbit House.

"Twelve!" Victoria McGee responded as she squeezed the trigger on TI(a)MAT once again, sending another of the flesh shredding bullets down range.

"Eleven!" She corrected as she sighted her next victim, a particularly large Knucklehead whose expression bothered the man's would be killer. Something was off about his expression, in fact, something was off about all the expressions on the Knuckleheads that approached the Rabbit Home. These weren't the blood thirsty expressions that she was used to seeing on the approaching fools, these were the expressions of desperate men.

All of a sudden the Knucklehead that Vicky was tracking reached into his jacket and pulled out a white rag, waving it as high in the air as his toned arms could.

"They're surrendering! Tell your friend to back off!" The Relieved Undertaker reported as she continued tracking the remaining Eleven Former Knucklehead Lieutenants, barking out orders towards the group.

"If you want to live, drop all your weapons in teh dumpster next to you and get on your stomachs!" The Sniper-ette ordered as she racked another bullet into TI(a)MAT's chamber, allowing the sound to emphasize her seriousness. Looking at the street, she regarded the dead bodies of the Knuckleheads that had been brought down by her and her rifle, her mind noting that none of the men that she had killed were armed.

"shit." The Pale and Darkly dressed woman muttered to herself as she considered the fact that she had just murdered a number of unarmed men.

The Rabbit Home:

As the sound of gunfire died down, Mercy found herself staring at the Khan that had entered the house, wondering if he was friend or foe.

"Um. Hi?" She said weakly with her Plasma Pellet Pistol pointed vaguely in his direction and noted the fact that he appeared to be in a very very bad mood as he stared at her, her Bladed Bunny sister Tessa and her Ball Bunny sister Vera. Judging by the way he dressed, the darkness of his skin and the way he held himself, Mercy concluded that the man was a member of the Khans.

Unsure as to whether the Khan in their midst was friendly or not, the Plasma Bunny casually maneuvered herself next to the grass skirt clad Hula Girl and flipped a switch, causing the dummy's eyes to glow bright red as it started tracking Ollie.

The hills are alive with the sound of Wyoming!

The Deathclaw appeared to consider Mcgrath for a second, but with the show being on the other foot now, there wasn't much to lose. He decided to give the man a shot, based upon how quickly the Great Khans seemed to change their minds about him. Thus, a meaty slab of Deathclaw arm took hold of Mcgrath's own and hauled him up to his feet. Afterwhich, he had no trouble at all pulling the Robobrain up. He knew that they weren't really in any condition to double-cross him, so that again left Joe the NCR guy.

"Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining."

Malkos tilted his head at this.

"You do what now?"

Well, Joe was a doubter in the ability for people to think about talking to Deathclaws...who talk back. It might have sounded even reasonable under normal circumtances, like when he was getting shot at before, but they STOPPED DEAD when he used words. It was probably the most shocking thing of their lives. Based on this, Malkos believed that the normal reaction to a talking Deathclaw is to be stunned for a moment, as though unsure of what to do with that. Why not? It worked an a large group of men!

"The Khans were quicker on the uptake, Ranger. For their troubles, I'm going to leave them alone. You should be shot, but I'm not the one who gets to decide."

He glanced at Martin with a look that he assumed would be recognized as a "He's all yours." look, but it may have just appeared strange to the man. He then turned back to Mcgrath.

"You obviously have brain-power and skill. The Ranger thinks me a simpleton. Would you care to educate a budding scholar?"

Ouch, that was a burn, there. Joe's there impugning his brainpower and he goes and makes reference to his ancestor the scholar, the bright one who just knows better and looks for new experiences. The thing is, Goris was still a Deathclaw, regardless of his education. This sort of day could have happened to him as any other. The only REAL difference was that Malkos found obscuring cloaks to be stuffy.

Rabbit Home

"Eleven!"

"TEN!" Treb called back, sinking his machete into a man left of the guy... waving a white flag. "Oh, surrender... This is awkward." Treb turned to the man who's arm he removed, and held it out for him. He was bleedinng out really quickly...

"Sod it." He dropped the arm and started walking back to his Legate and his... Family? Did he have a family? Treb knew next to nothing about his boss, so it was likely. He waved them inside, as he led the pack of surrendering troops towards the house. This was very likely a trap, so he kept his gladius out, ready and willing to carve through their forces.

Markus got up, and turned back to the sniper. "Vicky, stay up there. This is probably a trojan horse. The hair looks like Ulysses... Think there's a connection?" He slung the rifle on his back, going back to his pistol again. "Eh, regardless, you should interrogate them. I'll check on the Khan."

Markus hurried back inside the house, and found the Khan. A brave guy, at least. The Hula Girl seemed to be possessed, too. He smiled at Mercy, and kept his gun trained on Ollie.

"All right, Khan. Let's start off simple. Your name." Markus was about to move closer, but stopped. "And please keep your hands up at all times. I'm still faster than you."

Outside, Treb had lined them all up, in a neat little line. All on their knees, all with their heads down, at the mercy of Treb and the Undertakeress.

"Knuckleheads, ally of the monster Lanius and Profligates extraordinaire. There are currently ten-" The one with one arm slumped, but still managed to stay up. His breathing was getting ragged, "Of you. Now, I am not a monster. I am a Legionnaire, of Virgil's legion. And the son of a Doctor. Which is why, when I say that all of you, as leaders of your gang, must be made an example of... well, it's out of necessity, not cruelty. Mercenary we can work with, however. So, those of you willing to give up chems, and live a life devoted to improving our wasteland rather than abusing it, I believe we have a place for you. Those of you who do not... Well, our Legion is coming in a day. We brought plenty of lumber. Stay in your positions, think it over, I'll give you all an hour."

Treb turned towards their sniper and spotter. "So, I believe I heard your name was Vicky, right? You can call me Treb. Sorry if the speech got to you, it's kind of a part of the job." Treb rubbed the back of his head. He didn't want to seem a psychopath to the nice lady. Too bad he preferred guys, she seemed like a keeper.

Rabbit Hole
Vera had only just managed to fire off one shot at the Knuckleheads when they suddenly waved a white flag. Their dress made it clear, they were working for Ulysses. But... they all looked injured... as if someone had been clobbering them with a sledgehammer.

"I don't think they work for that man anymore, Markus," she called out to the Legionary, "Ulysses hates it when people copy him. They were probably running away from him."

She turned to the Khan, "Don't you dare hurt my sister or any of my friends. If you do, I will turn you into a pile of goo. Got it?"

She didn't wait to hear his response.

"Wait a minute..." she said as she approached Markus, "Did I hear that right? You have The Legion headed our way? What the hell are you thinking? Are you really stupid enough to think that Lanius won't notice that? And I don't care if you've got an entire army behind you at this point, you're not going anywhere or doing anything else until we've had a little... chat."

[Terrifying Presence] The angry little eyebot primed her plasma pistol, "Understand? We've had a lot we needed to talk about for a while now, and you'd better hope I believe your answers."

Markus sighed at the robot. An annoying little thing, not fit for front line combat but so insisting on sacrifice. The plasma pistol made him feel nothing, he would gladly give his life... but he doubted the family would let it go that far.

"Understand? We've had a lot we needed to talk about for a while now, and you'd better hope I believe your answers."

"You know, perhaps we should talk about how you keep sacrificing yourself. You seem to have some cruel parody of emotions, love, sacrifice... hate, apparently." Markus looked the machine in the eye, and dropped his smirk.

"Robots aren't meant to feel these things. They're programmed hunks of metal, made to kill or serve. Sometimes both. So, what makes you uncomfortable about me? Does something about me go against your protocols, do I somehow upset you?"

"I was programmed only with the memories of two very different people," Vera said, the Legate's question apparently stopping the eyebot in her tracks, "On top of the centuries of stored data in this frame. But none of that gave me emotions. My 'father' couldn't program that. No one could. I learned those through experience. Not how to fake them, but to actually have them. I'll admit that at first I only felt a vague kind of self-preservation instinct. But then, I imagine, all human children aren't much different from that at first. But we're getting off track here."

The eyebot paused, seeming to retreat into herself for a moment, as if trying to gather up her fury again. Eventually though, she gave up, and spoke to Markus in a much calmer tone than before, but there was still some hint of loathing in it. She didn't seem to notice that he had drawn his pistol, ready to defend himself the moment she turned hostile again.

"My father," she began again without any hesitation or uncertainty in her voice, "Was a crazed, rarely-sober loner that occasionally forgot why I was hanging around and took potshots at me with his shotgun." She went on, "But he was all I had then. And then some of your people came in and killed him. And my memories of See-sur's camp don't leave me with any better an impression of your kind. Murder, torture, rape, all endorsed by that egomaniacal hypocritical piece of shit you called 'master'. All for his own selfish gain. And here you are, trying to revive The Legion's corpse. Just like Lanius. So tell me, how are you any different from The Monster of the East? How would anyone fare better under your rule over his? Death is all the Legion knows. All it will ever achieve. Why does it deserve to live? Why is it still going when my father, and thousands of others are dead? What has the Legion done to earn its continued existence?"

"Arizona." Markus began, an odd sense of certainty coming from him. "Arizona, a land once ruled by Tribals, and Raiders, doing more rape and murder than the Legion ever could, spreading the cancerous use of drugs through the wasteland, tainting everyone inside. But yet..." Markus cleared his throat and stepped towards the eyebot,

"When the Legion came, we conquered. Slowly at first, but building strength. We ended the Murder, the Rape, the Drugs and brutality. All of it was shrunk down from some men with knowledge and blades."

"Yes, we have brutal methods as well, but compared to the NCR, who enslave their people and don't bother protecting them, we offered security and peace. Do you have ANY idea how many people would sacrifice EVERYTHING for what we offer?! Do you have ANY idea how many people live in constant FEAR of drug addled men, kicking down their door, and ending their family with a gun?! DO YOU HAVE ANY FUCKING CLUE HOW MANY HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIVES TO IMPROVE THE WASTELAND, ONE CROSS AT A TIME?! COUNTLESS, HUNDREDS, MY BROTHERS AND FAMILY, EVEN MY TRIBE ALL TO MAKE OUR WORLD BETTER FOR OTHERS! A SOB STORY IS NOT ENOUGH TO RUIN PROGRESS, SAFETY, FOR EVERY. LIVING. BEING...! That is our work. That is why we survive, we are a bitter pill... but a necessary one." Markus regained composure quickly, but straightened out regardless.

"Look at Mercy, and Tessa. Neither have family beyond each other, both being forced to take up this desperate life style, against a gang of chem addicts. To me, they are heroes. To some, they are butchers of men some would call brothers, men who have had lives leading up to being on the end of their blades and plasma. The difference is perspective, the men are evil to us and must be destroyed." Markus looked towards the two with bitter remorse in his eyes.

"And we seek to do the same. With some reform, the Legion is the best chance we have at peace and safety, so every person can be safe with families, love and happiness. So I will carry on the work of Virgil, guiding the world. Hopefully to prosperity, but if it leads me to ruin... so be it. So long as I improve the life of someone."

"Cee-sur has no allies, only slaves." Vera growled, her fury returning, "And just what kind of 'reforms' were you going to make, exactly? Less rape? Less torture? Oh, such a high standard you're setting up there. Color me impressed."

The eyebot seemed to spit that last part out.

"And how are you improving anyone's life, when the Legion destroys just about every piece of technology it comes across? Every medical discovery? How are you helping people when you're burning down their homes, and enslaving entire towns? How the fuck does that help anyone? You talk about peace and security, but everywhere The Legion goes, it inevitably brings war with it. Who's to say that the NCR couldn't have managed to get its act together and protect its people if The Legion hadn't invaded? If they'd had more time."

Vera paused again, and when she spoke again, she seemed much calmer again.

"Rome fell. Your entire model for an ideal society is based on the ruins of a failed civilization. I'm not saying the NCR was better in that regard. But at least they didn't rape and pillage their way across the Wastes. You know why the Old World burned? Fighting over resources. Fighting to grab more power for its own sake. Sound familiar?"

"History says, of course. The NCR were doing fine, until a threat arose. Then look what happened... They needed a mailman to save them. They needed the help of a man shot in the head. Look out the window to see where democracy led us, Rome fell but it gave us the basis of a utopia. We just have to try and reach it again. Even if we need to crack an egg or two, I want to live in a world where suffering is RARE. Do you think the corrupt NCR can do it? Do you think the various druglords, like our Khan here can help us achieve it? No. If we trust humanity to do good, humanity will delve deeper into the darkness."

Markus sighed, "You clearly won't listen, previous encounters dictate that you must hate them, yes? Therefore, arguing with you will only lead to circles and frustration. Kill me if you want, I won't change, and I'm more than happy to die for my ideals. I conquer for peace, not for the sake of violence. I have an end. Lanius does not." Markus holstered his pistol and stared at the robot. He would miss Mercy, Tessa, Vicky, Treb... but at least he'd see Doc again. And Aenas, and his brother. He smiled at her plasma.

"History?" she repeated, "Look at The Legion's history. It is almost nothing but rape and pillaging. Tell me, what happened to women under Cee-sur's reign?"

The little eyebot powered down her plasma pistol.

"Doesn't matter, The Legion will eat itself from the inside out. Nothing will change that. If your hypocrite of a dead master is any indication. He believed that history repeated itself in inevitable cycles. His Legion fell. So will yours."

She turned her 'back' on Markus, and started to float away from him.

"That is of course... if you believe in the ideals Cee-ser set for you."

She floated away another few feet, then stopped abruptly, and turned to 'glare' directly at Markus.

"And stay the fuck away from Mercy!"

"Unlikely." Markus said, some disappointment in his eyes. It was mostly masked behind annoyance.

Markus stayed, unfazed by her arguments. He sighed, as he looked back. The blood stained piece of paper, recording all crime in the area.

2 Murders, 1 Rape, No robberies, 3 crucifixions. The best day so far this year! Written by a man who was brutally beaten to death by a new gang of tribals, trying keep order. Those numbers... they gave him faith in himself again.

Even if it imploded, even if he and every last legionnaire died... at least he knew that it could work. He smiled, and sat down beside the door, intent on a nap.

The Rabbit Den

Generic NPC 22:
Snip

TheDoctor455:
Snip

Ruedyn:
Snip

"Name's Ollie," he said. "Ollie Tempson. And you are? I see a Legion fucker, a floating basketball, and two gals with less brains than those morons outside. Don't you know what the Legion does to women?"

Ollie shook his head. To think that the Local Feds were so incompetent that they couldn't even handle their own law enforcement, and it took the damn Khans to solve all their problems. What were these guys doing inside the town, how did they get in, and who did they think they were, ordering around the Great Khans? If there wasn't a giant army of the Legion shithead's buddies on their way to town, all it would take would be a handful of Khans, a gas tank and a box of matches, and this problem would go up in smoke.

"They're gonna be looking for me, you know. Whatever you want to do, just weigh your options first. You might just call a shitstorm down on yourselves."

Cheyton Streets, in the Company of Khans
"They did what?" said Jack. "You sure you aren't jerking me, Harland? Why would you open a slam-bang without telling anyone?"

"Those Legion pissers are in the city, Papa!" shouted Harland. "What was I supposed to do, let the bastards roam around doing god knows what? No, they kicked us, we kick back!"

"You were supposed to take out Hastings and get back to us," said Melissa, walking up from behind the two arguers. There were about twenty Khans pushing down the street. A show of force to get Ollie back, and enough to handle a fight, if it broke out. Melissa loaded up her Brush Gun, Jack simply lit another smoke. At least he wasn't depressed like yesterday.

Anna came jogging back to the rest of the group. "There's something going on at the house. A bunch of Knuckleheads are out front, with one of the Legion guys. I didn't get close enough to hear what they were saying."

"Legion and Raiders are allied," said Melissa bitterly. "They probably know we're coming. Look sharp."

Inside the Rabbit home

"They're gonna be looking for me, you know. Whatever you want to do, just weigh your options first. You might just call a shitstorm down on yourselves."

Markus looked up at the Khan and sighed, rubbing his temple. He stood up again, and sized the guy up, standard Khan look to him... he thought. He wasn't actually too familiar, though he did watch one named Anders being crucified. Not a man of many words, but that might've been the horrific pain.

"We have your personal weapons, and we haven't killed any of you. If you don't mind going through Cheyton unarmed feel free to leave now." Markus helpfully pointed over his shoulder at the door, stepping out of the way. "You protected your friends as they ran. Like it or not, you've managed to earn a bit of my respect. When the Monster of the East's head is on a pike, I'll remember the one brave Khan who protected his friends."

Markus turned and began pacing, musing out loud. "And if the Khan's dropped their drug habits, they'd make a very good ally. They have the enlightened view of female soldiers, they're proven strong... Hm..." Markus shrugged, and turned towards the Khan again.

"Oh, and be sure to tell Trebb I let you go. If you want, he can walk you back to your tribe. Off with you now."

Ruedyn:

Markus turned and began pacing, musing out loud. "And if the Khan's dropped their drug habits, they'd make a very good ally. They have the enlightened view of female soldiers, they're proven strong... Hm..."

Ollie laughed out loud at that one. "You're kidding right? Why would we drop our number one source of caps? You really think all we do is push drugs? Sure we do, for the people who want them. What they do with their money is their problem. You might also like to know that we have a sweet deal with the Clinic here in town. They don't get out on the plains much, we do. Salt of the earth Stimpacks and the like, we make 'em and sell 'em."

Ollie sized up the group, all staring at him now. "And just why would we want to side with you? This your personal fan club or something? Not much of an army. And you're still a Legion fucker, ladies allowed or not. The clan doesn't forget shit like what those freaks pulled back in the day. Sometime, you're going to learn that Wyoming is Khan territory. When it comes down to it, this is our land. Settle if you want, hell open a coffee shop, but don't forget for one second that it's only because we allow it. (And considering this place, we might have to change that... he muttered under his breath.)

Ollie hopped up from his seat, pushing past the group like he owned the place. "Fine, I'm going, on one condition: I get my shit back. It's not much of a trusting relationship if you think you're going to send me back out there with your sword buddy and I've got no gun."

Rabbit Home

Markus was getting annoyed by this man now. Acting like an asshole to people letting you go was usually sign enough to wake up the Legion carpenter. He smiled at the arrogant little Khan as he swaggered about the room, full of profanity and arrogance like any other gang member. Markus cleared his throat and spoke up when his rant was over.

"This place? This belongs to the girls, they saved my life. And so I owe it to them, and I'll help them take down the Knuckleheads. My army is on the way, of course, to stomp out any last resistance and move onto Lanius. As for whatever happened in the past, please remember that's where it is. And then perhaps look around, see the gangs in the city and the suffering civilians. Don't claim this place as your own until it's under control."

Markus pulled out the man's pistol, and emptied the bullets out. He handed the empty gun to Ollie. "Feel free to tell him it's full. If you get attacked, bluff or hide. The hatchet and ammo stays with me, unless you're willing to forget the past."

Rabbit Home
The Legionnaire handed the gun to Ollie, barrel first. Looking wary, still unsatisfied with the man's deal, Ollie reached forward to take the Governator...

[AGILITY] And promptly twisted Legion fucker's arm, snapping the gun free before following through on the motion. Ollie dipped in below the armpit and snatched back his hatchet in one fluid go. The group closed in on him, but he held the axe at arm's length. "I said, I was leaving here with my shit, and I will. Keep the bullets, but this goes with me," he said, tapping the axe with his revolver.

Slowly, he put away the gun, and dropped the hatchet into its belt loop. Ollie kept himself between the Rabbits and the doorway, staying out of their reach. "I think I'll be going now, folks. It's been fun, but I've got better shit to do. And you, Legion-Fucker. This doesn't change anything. The past might be back there, but it can still be felt here. I've lost one family already, and I'm not about to put my trust in someone who might just lose me my second. Been a pleasure ladies, just don't be surprised if this guy starts bringing some little boys home with him. You know what they say: "No virgins in Arizona".

Ollie kicked the door open and let himself out. The big man called Trebb glared at him, growling. His eyes were still watery, making the appearance of a man in shining armor wearing dinky little glasses seem even more ridiculous than it sounded. Ollie patted him on the shoulder as he walked by, hopping out of the way before Trebb could smack him. Making his way down the streets, he called back to the Legionnaire, "Hey! Your buddy looks like he could use some help in there. There seems to be a distinct lack of sodomy!"

And he darted out of sight.

The Rabbit Hole Headquarters: The Roof

"So, I believe I heard your name was Vicky, right? You can call me Treb. Sorry if the speech got to you, it's kind of a part of the job." The Mammoth of a Legionnaire called up towards the roof, clearly within earshot of the Knucklehead prisoners, causing the Darkly Dress woman with the Anti-Materiel Rifle to wince as she motioned for him to increase the gap between him and the prisoners. Waiting patiently, Victoria kept the barrel of TI(a)MAT trained in the Legionnaire's general direction, unsure as to what effect her next words were going to have on the lunk.

"Listen Legionnaire and listen well. If there's one thing that I won't tolerate, and mind you I've tolerated a lot, it's the desecration of these men's bodies in order for your Legion to make a point. If they choose to join your Legion, that's fine by me, it's their decision. But if they opt not to, then I must insist that we turn them over to the local authorities." She said as she moved on to the more important topic.

"Also, regarding your Legion Army heading into town, I hope you're not planning what my suspicions tell me your planning because the day that the Legion marches into Cheyton to do what the Legion is known for doing is the day TI(a)MAT and I will be sending bits of Legionnaire all over the walls of Cheyton." Vicky hissed as she spotted movement coming from right beneath her as the Khan bolted through the front door of the Rabbit Home.

"Hey! Your buddy looks like he could use some help in there. There seems to be a distinct lack of sodomy!"

Groaning at the comment, The Darkly Dressed Undertaker tracked the Khan as he ran down the street before turning a corner.

Hello. You've reached Twisted Hares HQ. If you've come to start a fight, please take a number and we'll get to kicking your ass in a moment. Please wait your turn.

Upon hearing the little Legionary's rambling threat-speech, the... sufficiently miffed little eyebot turned her attention to him and flew right at him, getting in his face.

[Terrifying Presence]"I'm not an unreasonable person, so I'm not going to tell you not to kill anyone. I know you'll have to defend yourself at some point, so that's fair game," the itty bitty ball of energetic destruction growled at the foolish man, "But, you are NOT going to kill ANYONE just to make a point! GOT IT! You are NOT going to crucify or torture ANYONE! Because if you do, you know I can find you wherever you run, and I will slowly rearrange your worthless molecular structure from the inside out before I finally tear you apart atom by atom. So, I don't want to even hear that you or ANYONE ELSE in your pathetic little Legion has done that in Cheyton for however long your stay lasts. In fact... I don't want to hear about that EVER HAPPENING AGAIN FOR ANY REASON. I don't care HOW MANY of you fuckers are still kicking. This will either be a new day, a whole new motherfucking CHAPTER in the Legion's history. One where there IS NO MORE cruelty involved, or I will personally hunt all of you bastards down and make you pay for every single crime you have ever committed against humanity. DO WE HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING?"

That last part was intended for every member of Legion present. Ally or not.

Vera turned her attention back to Markus.

"Do we have an understanding here? No more fucking cruelty, rape, crucifixions, or anything else that your precious Legion is known for, all right?" She hissed at him, spitting every single word out, "This isn't just about my past. This is the Legion's last chance to redeem itself. Send a new message to the world, hmm? Because you know what... try to actually fucking help people for once. All the Legion HAS EVER done in the past is grab at MORE power. Oh, what? You think you're different from every other power-hungry idiot out there just because you have an ideology that justifies it all? That makes it all right? One that you sincerely believe in? Well, then you clearly don't know your history because EVERY SINGLE tyrant thought the same way."

Outside the Rabbit home

Treb smiled at the albino woman. Had she ever even left into the wastes? Sounded so idealistic, as though the Legion were all just Satan in skirts. The hypocrisy was even helpfully high lighted for him, 'Desecration bad, maiming the bodies of Legion good.' It was like dealing with a pre-schooler who still believed that the world can be made peaceful if we wish hard enough.

"Also, regarding your Legion Army heading into town, I hope you're not planning what my suspicions tell me your planning because the day that the Legion marches into Cheyton to do what the Legion is known for doing is the day TI(a)MAT and I will be sending bits of Legionnaire all over the walls of Cheyton."

"I just told you my name was Treb. As for the army, we're going to kill the gangs. Or else chems and abuse of the populace will just keep on going on. Or would you prefer to know that more orphans are being made in this town,simply because you believe your friends and you invincible. Every moment we speak, a family is torn apart, a man dies of violence or disease, a woman is raped... Now, if you've ever heard of Arizona, you'd know that Legion helps to stop these things, nearly 90%. Though you're an undertaker. You probably want murder and chaos to continue." He smiled innocently at Vicky, lifting his head and pointing to the center of his forehead, keeping his eyes on her sniper rifle.

A khan ran by, and patted the Legionnaire on the shoulder. He was holding an ax and gun... Treb's eyes widened and he went inside, to make sure the family was alright.

"Legate, are you-"

[Terrifying Presence]"I'm not an unreasonable person, so I'm not going to tell you not to kill anyone. I know you'll have to defend yourself at some point, so that's fair game," the itty bitty ball of energetic destruction growled at the foolish man, "But, you are NOT going to kill ANYONE just to make a point! GOT IT! You are NOT going to crucify or torture ANYONE! Because if you do, you know I can find you wherever you run, and I will slowly rearrange your worthless molecular structure from the inside out before I finally tear you apart atom by atom. So, I don't want to even hear that you or ANYONE ELSE in your pathetic little Legion has done that in Cheyton for however long your stay lasts. In fact... I don't want to hear about that EVER HAPPENING AGAIN FOR ANY REASON. I don't care HOW MANY of you fuckers are still kicking. This will either be a new day, a whole new motherfucking CHAPTER in the Legion's history. One where there IS NO MORE cruelty involved, or I will personally hunt all of you bastards down and make you pay for every single crime you have ever committed against humanity. DO WE HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING?"

[Terrifying Presence] "You stupid, arrogant little mother fucking-" Markus cut him off and brushed himself off. Vicky would handle Ollie, or he was gone. He'd be found soon anyways. People like that usually were found in a ditch somewhere.

"One that you sincerely believe in? Well, then you clearly don't know your history because EVERY SINGLE tyrant thought the same way."

"A hardened criminal just left through the door after expressing clear intent to murder, and yet here you sit, in my way and yelling at me like you're unaware that you've just likely caused at least one death. This is why we're cruel, we need it or else people like YOU hold back progress, make the Wasteland as bad as it is. You're an enabler who preaches a better world and does nothing to help it. Unless you're willing to come up with an alternative, all you're doing is making yourself a road block. Decide now, will you take a chance and follow me, watch me make the wasteland better." Markus stepped forward.

"Or shoot me, allow the Last Legion and their gang allies free run of the lands as you sit here, tutting at the villains until your family succumbs to the chaos. DECIDE."

Rabbit HQ

Vera was about to answer Markus with a plasma bolt to the foot when...

"Failed Legate Virgil," an all too familiar gruff monotone voice cut in, "the Legion will find only death in Cheyton. I have left two 'ghosts' from the Old World behind. They cannot be destroyed, Lanius and any other Legionary will not survive the encounter. That may not matter though. I am now extending the same invitation to you and the... Twisted Hares that I did to The Monster of The East. I have found a vault to the northwest of this state. I have lit the bonfire that will lead all who will come to it. There, you and the Monster will find some of the last wonders you'll find outside of the Valley of the Old World Gods. Some of the technology here could resurrect a dead Kai-Tzar's dreams of destruction... and some of it... could make for a brighter future. If used properly. I lay no claim to these terrors or wonders. I am only going to lay the offer bare to the both of you. You who would claim the title of Kai-Tzar for yourselves. Both carrying the same diseased illusion that you do what you do for the better of all. The same delusion that brought death to Kai-Tzar."

On the other end, Ulysses went into a coughing fit. It took him some time to speak again.

Earlier... at another town that the Last Legion ruined.

A radio crackled to life. Repeating the same message over and over until a Legionary picked it up.

"Last Stragglers of Kai-Tzar's One and True Legion. This is Ulysses. The scout that brought Kai-Tzar to the Dam. I'm reporting in. Bring this radio to Legate Lanius. I have... an urgent matter to discuss with him."

Rabbit Home: Markus on the Road again.

"Both carrying the same diseased illusion that you do what you do for the better of all. The same delusion that brought death to Kai-Tzar."

"...Well, how can I turn down an offer to meet with the Monster of the East." Markus shrugged, and turned towards Treb. "I was going to give us 3 days to decimate the gangs. I fear we'll have to shorten it to a day, should be easy with the element of surprise... Yes, make sure the Legion does their jobs, and be sure to send Cassius after me right away. I'm off to meet with the Legate. The sisters may join if they wish." Markus left through the door with a bow and smile, leaving Treb to awkwardly fumble about.

"Uh... er... I just... Well, alright then. Dramatic." Treb sighed, and turned towards the family. "You people don't... mind if I stay for the night? I'll offer my protection and won't speak unless told I'm allowed." The big man shrugged, and looked at the door. That was the man his father respected so much... A man who used words, and refused to smash a tiny robot despite how easy it would've been. A weakling?

Rabbit HQ

"One last thing Markus," Ulysses said through Vera, "I gave Lanius a head-start. So, to even the scales a little, I will give you an advantage over him as well: Tenere spiritum."

A crackle and pop later and...

"DAMN HIM! I hate it when he does that!" Vera shouted sort of at herself.

Rabbit and Legion (Apparently) Central: The Roof

"I just told you my name was Treb. As for the army, we're going to kill the gangs. Or else chems and abuse of the populace will just keep on going on. Or would you prefer to know that more orphans are being made in this town,simply because you believe your friends and you invincible. Every moment we speak, a family is torn apart, a man dies of violence or disease, a woman is raped... Now, if you've ever heard of Arizona, you'd know that Legion helps to stop these things, nearly 90%. Though you're an undertaker. You probably want murder and chaos to continue." The Legionnaire smiled innocently at Vicky, lifting his head and pointing to the center of his forehead, keeping his eyes on her sniper rifle before disappearing inside the home.

The Pale Undertaker cursed as she would have been left ranting at the thin air where the Legionnaire Bastard used to be. What did these Legion bastards know about Chemical Addition and the effects it had on families? Far less than Vicky did, she was sure of it.

Climbing down from her rooftop perch, Vicky aimed to give that Legion Whelp a piece of her mind, even if she had to beat her words into his face. He had no idea what it was like to watch as a loved one went through Chem withdrawals or to watch as they desperately tried to kick their habit, only to be lured back to into addiction's arms by their Ghosts. He had no idea the lengths a Chemical Addict would go to in order to forget their pains. The Legion was only driving the Chem Trade further underground, making it far more dangerous for those who had been dealt a bad hand to forget that they had been dealt a bad hand.

CRASH!!!

Vicky flung the door to the Rabbit Home open, intent on having the first word -

"- I have lit the bonfire that will lead all who will come to it. There, you and the Monster will find some of the last wonders you'll find outside of the Valley of the Old World Gods. Some of the technology here could resurrect a dead Kai-Tzar's dreams of destruction... and some of it... could make for a brighter future -" The hated one's voice squawked through Vera's audio outputs.

"Ulysses." Vicky hissed as she listened to the remainder of the message.

----------After the Message----------

"You people don't... mind if I stay for the night? I'll offer my protection and won't speak unless told I'm allowed."

"What makes you think we need your protection and not the reverse, Legionnaire?" Vicky asked as she sat down next to Tessa in one of the overstuffed chairs that littered the Rabbit Hole's living room.

"Technology that could resurrect a dead Kai-Tzar's dreams of destruction. Vera, do you have any idea what Ulysses is talking about?" The perturbed woman asked as she tried to calm her nerves down, pouring herself a glass of violently green Absinthe.

Rabbit [small]and Legion (Apparently) Central: Inside

"DAMN HIM! I hate it when he does that!" The Harassed Hare shouted sort of at herself causing Mercy, who had been sitting quietly while everyone was shouting at each other, unsure of who to support. It wasn't until her sissy V was once again in angst over Ulysses using her to relay his message that the Plasma Bunny found herself willing and able to move once again as she hurried over to her Spherical Sister's side.

"V? Are-Are you okay?" Mercy asked as she wondered if there was anything that she could do to help her sister, her mind doing through different ideas and how she could make it happen. Sensing that there was still a lot of tension in the room, Mercy motioned for her Ball Bunny sister to follow her into a different room where they could discuss their next plan.

The Rabbit Hole

Vera was already scouring her databanks for any possibilities even before Vicky asked her question.

"Technology that could resurrect a dead Kai-Tzar's dreams of destruction. Vera, do you have any idea what Ulysses is talking about?" The disturbed and... annoyed (?) Black Swan said while pouring herself a glass of Absinthe.

"Umm... five thousand bottles of Absinthe?" Vera said, her voice taking on some of Mercy's shy quiver for a moment before the iBunny 'cleared her throat', "Umm... it really could mean anything. The last time I saw him, he was trying to use me to launch nuclear ICBMs at just about every faction vying for power in the Mojave. But... some of those at a vault wouldn't really make sense... if I had to guess though. Hmm... have you ever heard the legend of the Sierra Madre? Surrounded by a death-cloud? Inhabited only by deadly ghosts? Well... some of the holograms there could kill... and unless you found and disabled their emitters, they were invincible. That would be my guess. Who knows with this guy."

Vera paused to search her databanks again.

"As for 'making a nation'," she began, "That could be either a G.E.C.K. - Garden of Eden Creation Kit. Or... well, apparently, the Sierra Madre also had almost magical vending machines that never seemed to run out of... just about whatever you could want. Clothes, food, medicine, even weapons. All you needed was the right authorization and casino chips. So its possible that we'll find something like that in this... vault that that man found."

"V? Are-Are you okay?" Vera's wonderful little sister asked, and looking at her, the little eyebot could tell that the gears were overclocking in her head as she tried to think of different ways to help her older flying sister. Without thinking, Vera very briefly projected a holographic face in front of her faceplate, and it smiled warmly at Mercy for a moment before disappearing again. Mercy gestured towards Vera, trying to guide her into a different room.

Pity all I can do is talk and nuzzle. Vera stopped that thought-train in its tracks before it went any further. The iBunny followed the Brilliant Bruiser Bunny into the next room.

Rabbit Den: Treb.

"What makes you think we need your protection and not the reverse, Legionnaire?"

"I was trained in the Divide, if it matters. I can survive a day in a city. I just like warm beds, and the chance to not HAVE to wear armor. Besides, work to do tomorrow. If I don't get enough sleep, why, we might have to stay for more than a day. And I'm pretty sure none of you want that." Treb shrugged, as he heard the fairly silent little sister get up to... console the machine.

"Well, I seem to be playing antagonist today..." Treb sighed and waved off the little sister. The ball followed her out, so at least that headache was gone. Now just the sniper.

"Fine, I can admit I've been an asshole. Comes with the position, I think... So, sorry. I'll stop with the propaganda." Treb threw his hands up into the air, then moved to take off his breastplate. He gently laid it on a table, to reveal his Followers coat, then he sat down and looked around the room.

"This where you thought you'd be a year ago? I always thought I'd be in a grave by now... Maybe my skull on a codpiece for some primitive tribal's belt." He took off his glasses and rubbed them on his coat, looking back up to the Sniper.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked