Culture RP Interest thread.

I have been wanting to something like this for a long while and have tried to in the past, time to give it one last shot.

This is going to be a character driven RP set in the universe of the culture. For those who have not read the books the culture is a fictional universe written about by Iain Banks and is very ultra-tech sci-fi.

Links to the wikipedia pages can be found here and here

You may want to have a bit of a read if you are coming here knowledge free of the universe.

Otherwise the normal RP rule's apply, feel free to ask as many questions as you like and happy hunting.

You may want to try a site like Spacebattles, which is run entirely by sci-fi nerds. A lot more of them would understand the setting.

If you do this, I guess I'll be a GCU.

I would be up for giving this a shot. Fan of the Culture series and I have read most of the books. Wondering what you had in mind for the basis of the RP. Will it be set outside the Culture, something to do with special circumstances, on a contact mission, or investigating an artifact from a race that has long since gone post physical?

ninja555:
I would be up for giving this a shot. Fan of the Culture series and I have read most of the books. Wondering what you had in mind for the basis of the RP. Will it be set outside the Culture, something to do with special circumstances, on a contact mission, or investigating an artifact from a race that has long since gone post physical?

Good to hear, I was thinking something involving interaction with a level 4-5 civilisation like in use of weapons and surface detail. Most likely involving SC in some fashion but some larger things will be at play. Although I am still unsure of whether to allow people to play as mind's seeing as it would pretty much force trenchcoating.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked