I posted this in my profile on roleplayerguild.com. http://roleplayerguild.com/showthread.php?202055-Avatar-RPG-Pitches&p=8734311#post8734311

The way I figured it, maybe I could have the chance to run two different Avatar RP's. Far as I'm concerned, I'd love to at least get one of my pitches off the ground. But anyway...

If there's one thing I love doing, its running an RP in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender (or Legend of Korra). I just feel the setting has such potential for some classic RPG adventures, be it crawling through some dungeon or treasure hunting or fighting some big bad evil overlord. With a little application of the imagination, and anything could be possible for a good campaign.

So, I was just thinking of writing up some pitches for campaigns, and if one generates more interest than the other, I'll post the official interest thread for that one.

And now, here we go.

A) Golden Fire

Set a few decades after the events of Last Airbender, this will have the players as a group of pirates searching for legendary plunder hidden by a Fire Nation ship during the One Hundred Year War. Competing against rival pirates and other ne're-do-well's, the players test turbulent waters as their quest takes them around the globe from dingy ports to rundown ruins.

B) The Earth Asunder

Cheesy title, I know, but I couldn't think of a fitting title. This would be a more "Game of Thrones"-esque setting, with much inspiration coming from one of my favourite movies, Akira Kurosawa's Ran.

Set centuries before the events of Last Airbender, the Earth Kingdom is undergoing a horrible, bloody, violent civil war. The Avatar has been slain by the dreaded Earth King, who - wanting to seek retirement - has carved up the land for his three heirs... while under the condition he can still retain his authority over all three. The youngest feels this is a terrible idea, and so is promptly disowned for speaking out of turn. The result, however, is a power vacuum, and as conniving and devious minds plot for power, the hunt for the newest Avatar is on.

Hmm... not sure how this could be pulled off. Might honestly be better as a fanfic... alternatively, the story would take place entirely from the point of view of, say, a mercenary company (the player characters). This way, it could be a more "Black Company" deal.

C) The Sky Warriors

This is another "pre-show" RP. This time, its about a hapless village bullied and lorded over by a merciless offshoot of the Air Nomads known as the Sky Warriors. Secretly, two of the villagers escape to find any hero brave enough to help fight them off.

Yes, its basically the plot of Seven Samurai and the Magnificent Seven. But, hey, could be fun, right?

So, what do you guys think?

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked