Children of the Gods: Arc 2 [Game/Closed]

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 57 NEXT

Day 1

The bar was rustic ramshackle; grey slats of wood nailed hastily together as a long rectangle. Dim yellow lightbulbs hung low from the ceiling, suspended by slowly deteriorating cables. The former owner had chosen a hunting theme; from deer heads to a large, stuffed crocodile under the pool table, it seemed that this forgotten pub was the final resting place for much of the local wildlife.

Prometheus leaned awkwardly on the velvet-green pool table on the far side of the room, hidden in dim shadow as per instruction. Munching quietly on an apple, he rolled the eight ball between his fingertips.

Zeus always had a thing for theatrics...

He took his earphones out and listened.

"A death not even Hades can save us from."

Surveying the adolescents grouped at the other end of the bar, Prometheus was far from impressed. Only one of them was armed; the rest were near children. Then he spotted a somewhat familiar face.

Hephaestus' kid? No way...

The group was spread out among tabled, bar-stools; Zeus stood tool between him and them.

"..And that's where my...good friend comes in. Prometheus!

He stepped forward into the light, standing somewhat taller than Zeus, though far less magnanimous. Ten faces sized him up, and he waved childishly at the group.

"Hi. My name's Prometheus."

Zeus elbowed him in the stomach, giving him a dirty look. With a sigh, Prometheus continued.

"Zeus has had me and...someone...hunting Dionysus for a while now. But we recently lost track of him, and no doubt you've heard of the ritual-suicides cropping up all over the world. We don't know what he wants or why he's doing this. All we know is Zeus and the powers that be want him back.

With an exhale he leaped over the bar and started pouring himself a drink. Zeus shook his head, and with a flash he was gone.

"Any questions?"

Aria was silent, mostly waiting for the punch line to what was turning out to a incredibly bad joke "Yeah, I got one, what this gotta do with me? Or any of us really" She said, her southern draw informing every one where she was from. She was dressed in a Dallas Cowboys T-Shirt that fit her snugly in the chest form fitting blue jeans and work boots that looked like broke in. draped over the back of her seat was a leather jacket, and on the table rested a black cowboy hat she'd been wearing when she was abducted, as she was viewing it presently.

Andrew Miller was still not sure what the heck was going on. He felt dizzy and sick, and could barely stand up. He listened, barely, more interested in what he could see around him. Where was he?

Some sort of bar, right? How did I get here? I was brought here with a storm, it seems. Zeuz, Promentheus, Dionysus... I had almost forgotten those people were real. Damn.

He held his head up high, even if he would prefer to lay down and rest, he wouldn't. No reason to lower his guard, and every reason not to. He didn't know who these other people were, but it had to be something like him. Half-gods. And now they had to track down Dionysus, else it was the end of the world.

Fantastic. Might as well just see where this is going, though. I don't feel like arguing with beings capable of killing me in less than a second.

Zeus disappeared, and Promentheus asked if there were any questions. Andrew sighed, before raising his hand.

"Excuse me, but just what do we have to do?"

he asked, sounding a lot more friendly than he had ever been. He even smiled, it was a habit of sorts. If he knew the job description better, perhaps he could talk his way out of it. He had to admit though, part of him was relieved by the fact that he was away from the ringing phone, and the endless messages.

"And where are we?"

Etna sighed. Why was she involved in this? Prometheus... Zeus... All Greek. Why on earth would they pick a daughter of one of the Morrigan? They could have gotten an army of Herculeses and be done with it. Maybe they just chose from random? Well, those were her initial thoughts at least. The statement about 'the powers that be' piqued her interest. Who exactly? She sighed. 'Guess I'm caught in this... storm in a teacup no matter what.' Etna reflected. 'Uncle' Zeus would probably give her another trip via storm if she tried to leave, and to be frank, she didn't want to experience that again.

She was still reeling from it. She immedaitely grabbed a bar-stool, sat down on it and cradled her head. Nothing like listening a lecture on how they had to find Dionysus and possibly a slurry of introductions through one hell of a headache. Some hot chocolate or some paracetamol or something. It wasn't exactly the most relevant of questions, and she would probably come off as a complete smartass. So be it. She was a complete smartass to some anyway. She slowly lifted her head out of hands and asked the question with a typical Irish accent, "Do you have anything for a headache?"

Prometheus poured a large glass of some strange drink from behind the bar, deep brown-red in colour. He addressed the daughter of Freya with a mixture of curiosity and know-it-all. Never having met the Goddess, he had no inkling of what powers lurked beneath her casual exterior.

"Well. Seeing as all Gods emit a certain presence, they can have a very difficult time catching Dionysus before he notices. As you are all half-God, you do not. Hence why you're picked for the dream team."

Taking a large gulp, his keen eyes shifting to the next demi-God. He was taken aback. The youth that stared proudly at him had his fathers likeness.

"Apollo's child? By Kronos, this truly is a family reunion. As to what we have to do, I feel like I stated that already. Find and catch Dionysus. Anything beyond that is up to us, right now. I'm just the babysitter."

A quiet Irish voice pricked his ears, coming from further down the bar. The dark-haired girl looked out of place, small and slight. Her pale skin was striking, but he looked past it.

"A headache? Try this. He slid the drink down the bar, coming to rest neatly next to her fair hands. He wondered how she'd take a stiff drink.

"I take it you're a child of the Morrigan, no?" Prometheus had had dealings with the Celtic fury before.

Looking around at the others seated within the bar, Remus felt rather out of place. While everyone else seemed to be wearing their casual attire, he had come rather snappily in a black suit. The farmboy expected a meeting of demigods to be a grandly formal affair and feared that he might appear plebeian in the eyes of others. Yet he seemed to be the most well-dressed person in the room.

Remus brought his hand down and adjusted the orange flower pinned to his suit anxiously. He frowned a bit as he heard the others speak, and noticed all them uttering words of English. He understood the language well enough, but always felt uncomfortable with tongues other than his native one. It made him feel distant. He looked up to Prometheus. "Will this take very long? I have a farm that I need to tend during the summer months." he asked, his accent prominent but not thick enough to distort his pronunciations.

Aria sat for a few moments in silence after this 'Prometheus' spoke "Then y'all need to work on yer aim. I ain't no half breed goddess" she said, wanting to leave but still feeling a bit to ill to make for the door, despite her seemingly unaffected appearance "So I'll be taken that ride back home now iffen ya don't mind"

Nicole was rather startled by all this, she had known for a long time that the old gods were real, she had just never expected her extended family to just show up out of the blue. The others seemed just as startled by all this, asking various questions or just looking around, calming down somewhat she started to look over the others when the Texan girl asked what this had to do with them, she should have figured out the answer by now, but still it surprised her.

"Well. Seeing as all Gods emit a certain presence, they can have a very difficult time catching Dionysus before he notices. As you are all half-God, you do not. Hence why you're picked for the dream team."

All half gods, but then that should mean... She glanced around and sure enough, there was Vera. As she moved over to say hi she heard Prometheus start to address them by their parentage, great, let the shoe jokes commence, however he didn't address her yet, likely because she had not asked a question.

"Hey Vera!" she said as she approached her "You have any idea this was going to happen? I guess you get to meet my extended family now, wonder if yours will show up."

She looked out at the others, if they were going to be working together to hunt down a drunk god then they at least ought to know each others names. "Well I guess introductions are in order," she said to the group, "I'm Nicole." If nothing else she could at least make some new friends, hell maybe some of them would be able to give her a challenge, if they found time to race that is.

As she said all that the Texan girl began to protest, not everyone gets to find out as early as me, but I guess they all find out eventually, this is probably pretty rough for her. She felt somewhat sorry that the girl had been dragged into this unawares, but she doubted the gods had made a mistake. At the very least the girl was in good company to help her deal with this, she suspected they all had gone through the revelation at some point in their past.

Dan simply sighed at the antics of the god and the titans, he was so CLOSE to finding it, he was about to succeed. Now, because he chose to rest up, he was stuck here, wherever the hell they where. He was a tad queezy, sure, but pure rage took precedence over any sort of 'icky' feeling rising in his stomach...

"Might as well make the most of this... Oi, I left my backpack at home, if I'm to chase this rogue god I need my spear and maps. Maybe a stiff drink to feel better about the situation..." He scanned the room of demigods, the one with the jersey seemed interesting. He decided to leave her alone, for now, until his mood improved. First impressions and all that.

"I'm Nicole."

"My name is Daniel, son of Odin. And who are all of you." He spoke loudly, with a very commanding voice, and made a sweeping gesture to get attention.

Well this is just great!

Able tried to straighten himself up and threw the hood of his jumper back in an attempt to get some more air. His stomach was still making a threatening "I might do something big in a few seconds" kind of gurgling noise. The two old men at the head of the room were going on about why they were all here and if it wasn't for what he'd learned a few years ago he'd have waved it all off as a bad joke.

The one that called himself Zeus disappeared and left the unkempt titan to take any questions. The others started in with their questions and he decided to show off by rattling off all his supernatural know-how. He had already name dropped Apollo and Morrigan. Looks like studying mythology is going to come in handy here. Wonder if he knows sign language?

For a moment he just hung back and scanned the room while he tried to stop thinking about how his insides were on fire. Everyone else looked like thet'd been scooped up off the streets or straight out of bed, well except for the guy in the suit. That's just showing off.

The Morrigan girl was ordering a drink. Now she's got the right idea. He had the feeling that he'd need a few stiff drinks before this mess was done. He quietly made his way to the bar. As if I'd do it any other way. And shuffled into one of the bar stools, giving a quick signal asking for one more. It wasn't sign language, more like the universal code of the noisy bar. He wasn't going to ask anything but one question just popped into his head.

[Why?] He signed at Preometheus. No he had to be more specific, he tapped his head, trying to clear his thoughts. [I mean, I know why but what's he done?] He rapid fired off, his hands rambling on ahead of him. Able cursed himself when all he got was funny looks. Come on Abe, focus. He took a breath and slowed down.

[What has he done? Why are you after him?] Able signed it slowly like he would for a beginner and mouthed along in an exagerated way, if people couldn't read his hands they could at least guess at his words. He mouthed Dionysus as well to try and get his point across but he had no idea how to sign it short of spelling it out. But how do you spell Dionysus?

Well he could hope. If this man was who he said he was then he was thousands of years old and even ten year olds. Come on, he must have picked up something like this in that time.

"My name is Daniel, son of Odin. And who are all of you." Came a booming voice from behind him.

What the- seriously? Able's head spun round, his mind conecting the dotas as fast as it could in it's bleary state. Do I have family here?

"Apollo's child? By Kronos, this truly is a family reunion. As to what we have to do, I feel like I stated that already. Find and catch Dionysus. Anything beyond that is up to us, right now. I'm just the babysitter."

He saw right away. I guess I have more of a resemblance to that guy than I'd like to admit.

Andrew nodded, and found a place to sit down. He smiled again. Could this get worse?

"Oh, okay, thanks for letting me know."

Letting me know nothing at all, I mean. Seriously, any fool could figure out that I was asking for a bit more details. If this guy is going to be the one dragging us around, I really hope it'll be a short trip.

The other half-gods spoke, a girl claimed she wasn't a half-god, but chances was she just never had been told. Andrew could almost relate to that, it had taken him by surprise when he had been told. Of course, it had just proven something that he had always known, that he was something more than the idiots that tended to surround him.

Still, she's making a fool of herself. Should have just shut up and gone along with it. That was what he'd do, in the same situation.

"I'm Nicole."

"My name is Daniel, son of Odin. And who are all of you."

Odin? So he exists, which would mean the rest of the Norse gods does as well? Seems like people want to introduce themselves even before we've agreed upon something. I guess I should do that as well.

"Hi, I'm Andrew. Nice to meet you. This is rather sudden, but I'll do what I can."

Hopefully that is going home.

Spinning sharply with drink in hand, he took his gaze off the lethargic black-haired girl and addressed the Texan.

"If you're here, then I'm afraid you are.

Sizing the girl up, he twirled his trademark fire between his fingertips.

"I'm sure at some point in your life you've had something strange happen. Playing with magic, seeing dead people; that's what your mother's like at least." Noting her confusion, he pressed on.

"Your real mother. Ask Odin's kid over there, he's somewhat family to you. And as for you..."

He pointed at Remus with his little finger as he finished his drink, bringing it sharply down onto the table.

"You won't be going anywhere until Dionysus is in chains on Olympus. I suggest you look around for some more suitable clothes, maybe in some crates out back. Your farm will have to wait."

So many questions in such a short time. How many of these youths knew their divine heritage? Was he going to have to train each and every one of them?

Frantic gesturing from the unremarkable tanned one caught Prometheus eye.

Damn, which sign dialect is he using.

Prometheus clumsily signed back, before remembering that he must have been able to hear him. With a sigh, his titan voice boomed across the bar.

"To clear things up, with all of you. We are going to catch Dionysus and bring him back. I don't know why. I only have a faint idea how. Now..."

He returned to rummaging around behind the bar, looking for different spirits to mix.

"Does anyone need a drink?"

Steven steadied himself against the bar, still feeling queesy.

"Have you ever heard of a phone?" Steven said as he held down another barf, "It is these wonderful things that you can talk to us instantly without making the people you want to talk with hurl their lunch."

"Now, please explain how the God of getting drunk and getting cheap women," Steven said as the room stopped spinning, "Could possibly cause the death of us all that "not even Hades can stop"?"

Only then did Steven notice that Zeus had left, meaning he was stranded here till this task was complete.

"@#$^," Steven said in defeat, "Hi, Prometheus, you knew Hepha... my father right? Well, anyway, the only weapon I have on me is a Colt 1911, can you please get me my M1 Garand, the ammo for both weapons, my tool box, and one of my suitcases to put it all in? I got great understanding and control over mechanical things from my... father, I don't have much in direct combat abilities."

Steven looked around the group at large, "Oh, hello, my name is Steven Bacon. My God parent was Hephaestus, the TItan of forges. I wish I could of met you under... different circumstances."

"Because...
Prometheus called out from beneath the bar, emerging with two, very dusty bottles in each hand. They had cork stoppers and foreign labels.
"Zeus and his merry friends are terrified. And if they're terrified, then the god of Wine has...or is getting...something very powerful.

He reaches over the counter and swoops up a stool, replacing it on his side, and leans back.

"I did indeed. Fought with him in fact. And I'm afraid I can't sorry, I'm stuck here. With you lot. Have a look in the suppply cabinet out back; might be a toolbelt, maybe even a rifle."

Aria pushed her self up, put on her hat, grabbed her coat and took a seat at the bar "Jack, chilled glass, better make it a double, better yet, just leave the bottle" she said, putting her jacket on the stool next to her "Well if she ain't got time to come introduce her self proper, then I ain't got no time for her, who ever she is."

Remus frowned again at Prometheus' response. Not only was he going to have to bag in a rogue God, a task he'd never expect himself to be given in his life, but he would have to do it before the harvesting season came around. He could call some of his friends in Naples to help his family out with farming, but would much prefer to do the work himself. Still, stopping Dionysus from murdering anyone else took priority.

Contrary to Prometheus' advice, he decide he would keep his fine suit on. He liked the style of it. It made him feel dignified, respectable. He shook his head at the offer of a drink. "Thank you but I do not drink alcohol. It is a bad habit." Twisting his head around he looked about the room. There were quite a few demigods present. He almost immediatly recognized the son of Apollo from his glowing appearance. There also appeared to be a son of Odin presented. It seemed not just the classical demigods were invited. There was also a son of Hephaestus, who was cussing and saying something about firearms. Maybe the two of them could make smalltalk about guns.

Most of the other demigods seemed to be Americans. Or Australians, or Brits. Remus really couldn't tell the English ethnics apart from their accents. Aside from one girl, who very clearly had the deep south voice of a yankee and was denying her divine heritage.

"I'm Nicole."

Remus turned his attention to the girl who spoke this. She was possibly Greek due to her name. She appeared to have a rather tomboyish appearance, looking more like an athlete than any girl he had seen back in Sicily. He approached her with a smile. "Hello, I am Remus. A pleasure to meet you." He extended his hand for a split second before withdrawing it. While he was getting better at holding back his strength while shaking, but was still afraid he might crush the girl's hand.

So the god of partying has gone postal? Then he remembered the old stories about the wonderfully named "Mad god/Child god (or if he was feeling fancy, mad child god)". Oh and the bull stuff, can't forget about the bull stuff... or the turning a guy into a tree thing... okay so he's just MORE postal than usual. Assuming the stories have any weight to them. Wonder if he's really into cross-dressing?

Prometheus at least seemed to be more of a people person than he was expecting and bobbed up and down from the bar like a booze happy mole on St. Patrick's day. Abe knocked on the bar for attention, pointing at the cooler of beers and holding up two fingers. The titan quickly handed him a pair of buds, twisting the caps off by hand. Abe took a quick sip, Prometheus' hand had warmed them a little, it made Able smile a little on the inside. The cute texan girl found her way over to the bar and sat near him. He looked around, with her on one side of him and the cute Morrigan girl on the other, at least the company's good. Wait!

Hadn't Prometheus said something about her and the Odin guy being family? So she was like him? She was a norse demi, decendant, a Norse blood. Oh Norse Blood sounds badass we should totally call ourselves that!

He offered up his spare beer to the Norse-Texan, waving with his free hand and giving his "Hello" smile by way of greeting.

Dan grew steadily more annoyed at the titan, the roaring super-voice simply added to his growing headache. He would check the store room later, perhaps a spear could be found in there. Or he'd have to summon Sleipner and take a quick trip home. He was, however, determined to see this adventure through, if only to justify his calling here. He strolled over to the bar, where he heard the girl in the jersey order her drink.

"Jack, chilled glass, better make it a double, better yet, just leave the bottle"

"Well, can't have anyone out drink me. Time to test if Dionysus is still in effect, eh? Barkeep, I'll take what she's having." He smiled at the woman sitting next to him,

"I don't believe I caught your name, person who should be talking to me. Nice to meet you."

"Well, thanks anyway," Steven said miserably, taking a bottle and pouring a shot glass before downing it.

"Well, which way is to the toolshed and where is a phone? I am going to need to make a few calls for my "vacation" I am taking," Steven said after finishing the drink, "Anyone have any ideas how to explain a sudden disappearance without even the slightest warning. I'm a mechanic, not a office worker, so I doubt "sudden business trip" is going to convince anyone."

"Hello, I am Remus. A pleasure to meet you."

"Hi," she reached to shake his hand, but he retracted it, almost seemed worried, "Nice to meet you."

He was well dressed especially compared to everyone else here, pretty tall too, his name sounded british maybe? Wasn't there a Harry Potter character named Remus? Then again not like a name was a good indication of where someone was from, his accent on the other hand sounded Italian.

"So where are you from Remus?" she asked, lowering her hand, still somewhat confused as to why he had retracted his.

Some of the others had congregated to the bar, several had given their names now and she noted them down for later. She didn't plan on drinking, getting caught with alcohol could endanger her scholarships, although now that she thought on it she had no idea what country they were even in.

"Anyone have any ideas how to explain a sudden disappearance without even the slightest warning. I'm a mechanic, not a office worker, so I doubt "sudden business trip" is going to convince anyone."

I should call the hospital as well.

"Well, I'm not sure how much I can help you. You could just follow my lead, though." He went over to the phone, before calling the hospital. Without much of a change in his tone, he explained that there were some problems in the family, and that he would need to take a few days off, perhaps as much as two weeks, even. "I'm sorry for doing this, and I'll take extra hours once I'm back." Sounding sympathetic enough for them to agree, he ended the call and handed the phone to the... not very handsome man who had asked. "Just tell them what I just said. As long as you sound earnest, they should believe you."

Unless you're a terrible actor. Then it's not my fault if you lose your job.

He went over to Prometheus, sitting down in an empty seat. "Say, you do know I'm a surgeon to-be, right? I don't think I'd be much help, I'm afraid. But I'll help you if I can. Also, I'd like a cider, whichever is okay."

"So where are you from Remus?"

He smiled once again as Nicole spoke to him. "I am from Sicily. Grew up on a piece of old rural country near Naples. I live as a farmer." he stated. "And where are you from, Miss Nicole?" He was assuming still that she was Greek, but he was as likely to be proven wrong as he was right. People traveled the globe and mingled so much these days, it had become far more difficult to recognize ethnicity.

"Also, which God claims parentage to you? I am a son of Mars." Pausing for a moment, Remus resolved to lift his hand back up and extended it to Nicole. He tried to ease the muscles in his fingers to make the shake that would follow not so painful.

Aria turned toward the person whom was handing her a beer, it wasn't her brand, in fact she didn't favor beer at all, she was more a whiskey girl then anything else. She still took it and smiled back, in a manner that said 'Thank you', before leaning back, putting the cap on the edge of the bar and giving thee top a stiff smack to pop the top, in what would could call a 'well practiced manner'.

As she took a tipped the bottle back, the self proclaimed Son of Odin sat next to her and ordered the same thing she did

"I don't believe I caught your name, person who should be talking to me. Nice to meet you."

"I haven't given it would be why" she said, swapping what hand the beer was in "Aria Valentine" and with that stuck her hand out for him to shake. "Well this is just odd" she thought in regard to the sudden male attention. "Why should I be talking to you again?"

"I am from Sicily. Grew up on a piece of old rural country near Naples. I live as a farmer." he stated. "And where are you from, Miss Nicole?"

"America, Iowa to be specific, birthplace of Captain Kirk," she replied with a grin better dressed than most farmers I know tend to be, was he on his way to a wedding or something?.

"Also, which God claims parentage to you? I am a son of Mars."

Aaaaaand here come the shoe jokes. "Nike, Greek goddess of victory, you would know her as... Victoria I think thats her roman counterpart at least, far as I remember that is," she replied, he extended his hand again and she shook it, his grip was tight, almost painfully so. Mars huh, seems pretty strong, maybe he was afraid of hurting me earlier?

"Well, I'm not sure how much I can help you. You could just follow my lead, though." He went over to the phone, before calling the hospital. Without much of a change in his tone, he explained that there were some problems in the family, and that he would need to take a few days off, perhaps as much as two weeks, even. "I'm sorry for doing this, and I'll take extra hours once I'm back. Just tell them what I just said. As long as you sound earnest, they should believe you."

"Problem is," Steven said flatly, "My parents live in the same town, and it is doubtful that they wouldn't know about any family issues. I will just say I been feeling stressed and need days off... thankfully I own my own business, but that means I am going to have to get Carlos to cover for me..."

Still he dialed his one regular employee, leaving a message, and then quickly hung up.

"Thanks for the suggestion," Steven said, holding his hand up, "I don't think I caught your name."

Vera was more then a little annoyed at the whole situation. She HAD been enjoying the first bit of free time she'd had in weeks and taking a well earned nap. NOW, she'd apparently been contracted by the Greek gods to capture a rogue Greek god. To top it all off, she was no reinspecting her lunch. In detail.

She'd always known Zeus was a... jerk, but this was unnecessary.

"Hey Vera!" a voice called out, breaking her from her thoughts. Turning, she was met with perhaps the one good person in the room; Nicole. Vera smiled, still trying to wake up properly. "You have any idea this was going to happen? I guess you get to meet my extended family now, wonder if yours will show up." she asked, as confused as she was.

Vera was going to respond, but then came the lightning fast introductions and a demigod apparently hitting on her victorious counterpart. Vera waited for a break in the conversation, while glancing at the other demigods, then answered. "I've got as much an idea about what the Greek Gods are doing as anyone, so no I didn't. As for any extended family, i doubt it; if myths can be trusted, my family doesn't... get around as much as the Greeks."

Vera then scanned the crowd for Prometheus; he had some questions to answer. Very pressing questions.

"Why should I be talking to you again?"

"The titan said that, I don't know how full of shit the guy is. I believe I'd know something about your heritage, if he can be trusted. So, show me what you got. Show me your powers, and I'll see if I can take a stab at it." Dan took a swig of his drink, he hated the taste but he knew it was good for a young viking to get as much booze in him as possible. He still grimaced, slightly, trying to hide it with a cough.

He shrugged, and turned his whole, undivided attention to her, an expectant look in his eyes.

"I've got as much an idea about what the Greek Gods are doing as anyone, so no I didn't. As for any extended family, I doubt it; if myths can be trusted, my family doesn't... get around as much as the Greeks."

Nicole turned back towards Vera, the trip seemed to have done a number on her given how long it took her to respond, then again everyone else moved pretty fast she certainly hadn't expected introductions to go so quickly "Heh, I doubt anyone does, my mom's side of the family is kinda slutty," she replied "How are you holding up? Its certainly a lot to take in, not sure I really understand it all myself."

Thinking on it she wasn't really sure what they expected her to do, sure she was tough and she had some training with martial arts, fencing, even a little archery and shooting (though she had found those last two sports too... stationary for her tastes) but she had never killed anyone before, never mind a god. In fact she found the thought of killing quite discomforting, though hopefully at worst she would just have to fight a little.

Aria smirked at Daniel's grimace and killed the rest of her beer "Bit of a light weight aren't ya" she said pouring a glass of whiskey for her self as he brought up the 'demigoddess' thing again "Already said my piece on that" intent on dropping the subject, but the way he was looking at her said he wasn't gonna give up. "Fine" and vanished from her bar stool, reappearing on the other side of the bar, hunched as she went looking for some empty's, then again vanished, reappearing once more by a table close to the door where she grabbed a couple chairs and set those up in the entrance so that the backs where facing away from the door and set up the empty's before vanishing and reappearing again by Odin's Son.

from there she closed her right hand into a fist for a moment, then opened it, a mass of Aether forming in her palm, though it looked like white fire ball in stead of a refined orb, due to her rough understanding of what she was doing, she only gave him a second or two worth of time to look before she, in quick succession blasted the empty's, her shots sailing harmlessly outside as she intended. Aria then turned and sat back down "Happy now?" her tone denoting she really did not like other people know she had powers.

"How are you holding up? Its certainly a lot to take in, not sure I really understand it all myself." Nicole responded. Vera could only nod in understanding. "I'm okay; though I was sleeping before this so I'm still not convinced I'm not just sleeping yet." she said with a slight false laugh. Truth told, she was darned sure she was awake and more then a little nervous. What did they want from us - were they supposed to kill a god? Could that even be done?

Needless to say,she had some pressing questions to deal with. That, and she didn't want to get in Nicole's way with the admittedly hot demigod. Leaning in, she whispered into Nicole's ear "He's cute; good luck." before making her way to the only one in the room with any answers: Prometheus.

When Vera reached the Titan, she stood in front of him, hands at her sides in a wide stance, her best "pissed off" look on her face and said "So tell me; why should I do anything for you? As far as I can tell, you're forcing us to do YOUR dirty work, putting OUR lives at risk without so much as a warning and, lets not forget, a few minutes after you KIDNAPPED us. Maybe some of the Greeks will listen cause daddy or mommy said so, but I don't worship you and as far as I can remember, the Persians aren't exactly on speaking terms with the Greeks anyway. So lets here the DAMNED good reason I should care about the Greek god of college parties midnight bended and clean up your GREEK mess."

She stared unblinking at the Titan, waiting for him to answer with a reason for her NOT to walk out a door, turn into a bird, and fly home.

"... person who should be talking to me..."

Smooth buddy, smoooooth. But the guy had guts, Abe had to admit that he had balls. He just strolled on up and suddenly everyone's attention was on him, Abe's opposite if ever there was one. Still it looked like he'd been muscled out of any possible conversation here. He brushed a rogue strand of hair out of his eye and swung round on his bar stool and started surveying the bar again. This was a seriously motley crew Zeus had found for himself. Able just sat back and drank it all in for a moment, taking in the appereances, the snippets of conversation and the accents he could hear. All the while wondering who each person's parent was... how it had made them different.

There was some little talk about powers and showing off beside him, that sounded like it could be cool. Then he blinked and the girl that was sitting next to him was gone. Able did a double take and before he could 'say' anything she was holding fire or light or something and BAM the bar was her shooting gallery. Able could only gawp in disbelief.

"Happy now?" She said to the cocky guy, her voice was as fiery as her hand had been a few seconds ago. Able clapped his broadly applauding the display, unable to suppress the goofy looking grin spreading over his face.

Bravo, bloody bravo madam.

"Happy now?

"Impressed is a better word, I think. Those abilities are amazing! How you even manage to hold back from doing that in everyday life?" Dan stopped himself, he had to be more moderate.

"Anyways, I suppose I should show my stuff as well? I got a few abilities, one of which I may have accidentally used on you. I seem to have an odd ability to make people do as I say. This extends to animals, which I can speak to... God, I'd sound like a fucking loon if I said ANY of this in public." Dan shook his head, chuckling slightly. He noticed the guy clapping, and pointed at him, still smiling,

"He seems to agree with me on your abilities, at least."

Aria's face flushed a bit, she'd never really gotten any positive attention for her powers before "I don't really like all the attention using those get me. I was raised southern baptist, you can imagine how well they reacted to a 'witch' in the community" She said, taking a sip of her whiskey "Anyway I can see ghosts and stuff to, even talk to em. Most are some right nice folks that just need a little help moven on ya know"

Aria took another sip "I ain't ever though of it as a 'power' but I'm pretty good a setten people up to, though for some reason most the people a pair off end up with youngens before they figure out if they wanna keep on with each other. ain't ever figure out that one" she added, finishing that glass and pouring another

Handing Andrew a cider without looking, he spoke rather light-heartedly.

"I'm sure a son of Apollo has some tricks up his sleeves. And if anyone needs stitching..." He gave a sly wink.

...your Greek mess!

Seeing the others socialising, Prometheus got up from his whiskey-and-newspaper routine and returned to the bar. Staring intently at a girl somewhat reminiscent of his Hoplite days, he lowered his voice to a casual hum.

"Because the world is no longer split into Greek and Persians, Veronica. If Dionysus gains whatever he is seeking, it's all our heads on the chopping block. Don't think Ahuramazda isn't frightened; Zeus is but an emissary of a pseudo-council. Think of it as a supernatural united Nations. Besides...

He dropped his voice to a whisper and winked.

"Whoever brings him back is heralded a hero. A victor. A champion. I'm sure both you and Nicole can find reason in that alone."

Seeing that everyone had helped themselves to drinks, he peered gloomily out the window. Night was coming, and with it, figures in the distant Australian flatland. Prometheus knew who they were, but decided to keep quiet.

Noticing Aria jumping around, Prometheus furrowed his brow. Both Dan and Able were applauding her.

Kids...

He called out to them.

"If you're finished with the showmanship, I suggest you get something to eat from the kitchen. We'll be staying here tonight, and leaving at sunrise to meet with someone who can point us in the right direction."

With that, he settled back down, half-watching Vera, half flitting through texts on his phone.

"I ain't ever though of it as a 'power' but I'm pretty good a setten people up to, though for some reason most the people a pair off end up with youngens before they figure out if they wanna keep on with each other. ain't ever figure out that one"

"An interesting ability, perhaps we can get Dionysus together with Hel, and solve this situation quickly. He probably drinks enough to get past the disfigurement." Dan chuckled again, he was having an okay time around this place. Soon it'd be wandering again, though. After they deal with one super powered drunk...

"If you're finished with the showmanship, I suggest you get something to eat from the kitchen. We'll be staying here tonight, and leaving at sunrise to meet with someone who can point us in the right direction."

"Ah, that won't do. Mind if I leave real quick to get my things? I think today is Tuesday... Wait, what day is it? I get it on everyday but Wednesday and Sunday." Dan held his hands out, they seemed to be shimmering a gold dust. The dust swirled for a moment, before it seemed to create 8 hooves, legs slowly being materialized as it built its way up to the body. Soon, it was finished, a glorious glimmering stallion, white with a brilliant grey mane. Dan hopped onto its' back, and adressed the group.

"Anybody want their things? Just give me a note, and I'll be sure to stop by there. Should take about 10 minutes for an around the world trip."

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked