Children of the Gods: Arc 2 [Game/Closed]

Pages PREV 1 . . . 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . . . 57 NEXT

Aria pounded one last glass of water and got up with the others. The looks from the dinner crew didn't bother her, she'd gotten worse one back home. As they left they discussed their next move, several voicing their thoughts. "I'm with Andrew, going out and visiting a hunting goods store is really a not good with the feds around and likely watching us now. Let's just go See Nicole's mom and be on our way" Aria said as she stood outside the dinner watching the feds leave. "I'm more worried the feds might tail us regardless now, or do you think that little stunt won't go unnoticed?"

Prometheus spoke to Nicole, heeding the advice of the others.

"We shall go and see Nike, though I think a hunting store; or any weapons store for that matter; would be a bad idea. The Pillar isn't too far from here; maybe two hours walk? If the shops are still open we should grab some new clothes; we're going through the town anyway."

Looking at the rest of the group, he smirked.

"We look pretty awful; we'll definitely stop by a store."

Their clothes were ripped and dirty; everyone needed a shower, and more than a few of them were black and bruised. Drawing away from that topic, he began pondering Andrew's words. Still hesitant to listen to him, it begrudged him to accept that he offered a lot of good advice.

"Italy, France, Germany, Denmark. God, I don't even know where Fenrir would be; let alone any of the Nordic Gods. I hope Nike has an idea or two..."

Beginning to walk, his brow furrowed as he thought to himself. Who were the women in the forest? Why the feathers? It couldn't be just coincidence. And Etna's stunt had set some members on edge; Steven especially seemed to be distressed.

We'll rest soon, then all will be well.

"I hope so, and a shower, I'd really like to get the 'burnt' smell off" Aria said.

" I don't even know where Fenrir would be; let alone any of the Nordic Gods. I hope Nike has an idea or two..."

"I don't many do that don't need to. After all, if you had a monster locked up that was supposed to kill your king, would you make it common knowledge where it is?" She added as they made their way away from the dinner. "As for contacting the Norse Gods once we get there, we'll find out I guess."

Remus nodded at that. Looking down at his dirtied suit and the bloody wine-stained shirt underneath, he wondered why he never had the sense to change his clothes earlier. The group's quest seemed so important, so demanding of focus, that he had apparently forgotten the trivialities of life. Remus' socks still felt soggy after getting teleported into that lake yesterday.

He resisted the urge to let out an annoyed groan at this realization as he walked along. Tired, filthy and moody he might have felt, Remus knew he still needed to press on.

Nicole nodded "Sounds good, lead the way then," she said. She still had a change of clothes in her backpack, though they were likely still damp from their dip in the ocean. She would have happily lead the way herself, the location of the pillar was obvious but she didn't know where in the town they ought to go to find a shower and change of clothes. The fact that a lot of signs are in Italian doesn't help much.

She finished off her meal while she stood waiting for the group to start moving again, all things considered not a bad burger, though I imagine me being hungry does add to its taste somewhat.

Andrew hadn't even considered that. Perhaps it was the fact that he had no interest in what people wore, or perhaps it was because of how it had not been relevant, but he had outright ignored it. Sure, he had noticed that their clothes were in a less than acceptable state, but it hadn't bothered him.

I just don't care. However, the reaction of that agent made it quite clear that we should freshen up.

"Italy, France, Germany, Denmark. God, I don't even know where Fenrir would be; let alone any of the Nordic Gods. I hope Nike has an idea or two..."

And if not her, perhaps she can contact someone who does. Gods should be capable of contacting each other, at least.

If she could, they might be able to get some sort of support. He didn't know what kind, and he doubted they could rely much at all on anyone, but there had to be one god who wasn't completely useless.

Of course, that's if she's even there when we get there.

There was always the possibility of her having left. That would be a bother. Andrew kept following the group, but he didn't speak, most people just seemed to want to get to a bed, and Remus seemed to lose the effect of the boost from Nicole.

"I hope so, and a shower, I'd really like to get the 'burnt' smell off" Aria said, expressing the views of pretty much everyone.

"I agree." Vera said, adding "I like bacon as much as the next girl but I don't care for smelling like it." to make a joke at her own expense. A moment later she spoke again. "So... does anyone know where we can find one of these stores or, for that matter, have money?"

"So... does anyone know where we can find one of these stores or, for that matter, have money?"

"Don't look at me, my debt card was the victim of a sudden super nova like occurrence" Aria said looking through her wallet "As well as every other important document I had in my wallet." she added with a frown "Note to self; going super nova not only hurts like hell, but its also bad for things you don't want bunt to nothingness...." she simply sighed at the end, was not gonna be a cheap day when she got home.

Able trailed along after the group as he tried to make himself (and the mystical weapon from the underworld) look as inconspicuous as possible, not an easy feat considering the size of the spear. Luckily everyone in the restaurant seemed to be actively trying not to look at them. Everybody's favorite titan was already trying to form a new plan.

Able looked down at himself. He'd stopped looking like a drowned rat and now just looked like a rat who had gone for a really bad swim a little while ago. Guess he's got me there.

Maybe they could use their magical money supply to go on a spending spree, even find a nice hotel where they wouldn't have to cram into just two rooms. I can dream anyway.

Heading ever upwards through the town towards the Pillar, Prometheus spied a camping store, nestled in a row of tourist shops. Before continuing, he turned to Vera, flicking a credit card between his fingers.

"Hekate still blesses us it seems; credit cards are usually waterproof anyhow."

Addressing the group, he reinforced their story from earlier.

"Remember. We were hiking and had some difficulties. Let's just grab some clothes and be on our way; try and get some sturdy, all-weather gear."

The street around them was fairly empty as he pushed the door open into the store. Done in typical camping style, it was hardwood boards all around; racks of clothing and tents seemed to be scattered at random. Three girls with high, dark ponytails all spun to look at the customers; they had clearly begun to close.

Prometheus put a sheepish grin on, and spoke loudly, waving his hand over his clothes.

"Are you still open? We just need some new clothes, as you can tell!"

The girls grinned in an overtly friendly fashion; clearly trained to be both helpful and delightful. The girl closest to the door, her nametag reading Penelope, spoke.

"As long as you aren't too long, of course! We close officially in half an hour, though we haven't been busy today. Come in!"

He stepped forward and began browsing, making eye contact with all three staff-members; he was a sucker for pretty girls.

Aria headed off to collected a new hat, like the one she'd lost in the lake, and a duster, cause it was gonna be cold where they where going, then grabbed a couple new shirts and pants and boots, and a pack to put it all in. She, in a move odd for her, didn't grab the most form fitting stuff she could find ether, opting for clothing a couple sizes bigger.

"Hekate still blesses us it seems; credit cards are usually waterproof anyhow." Prometheus said, tossing her a credit card, before heading towards a hunting goods store to ogle the three women running it.

"Typical Olympian" she muttered under her breath, remembering her Greek mythology: the accumulated stories of the Greek gods and their increasingly unlikely romantic conquests.

Following the others, she made her way inside the store. Here at least she felt somewhat at home given all the sporting supplies. Her first target was shoes. She wanted a pair of boots more suitable to the task at hand. following that, she found some well fitting clothes with as many pockets and physics would allow. Guessing there would be a number of days spent outside, she grabbed some proper camping supplies (backpack, fire starter, trail food, water bottle, etc), grabbed a brimmed hat from the fishermen's section, and made her way to the piece de resistance: hunting gear.

It didn't take her long to find what she wanted - a pair of hunting knives - figuring it was about time she armed her mortal form. Hades had shown just how vulnerable she was when he dismissed her power.

"Remember. We were hiking and had some difficulties. Let's just grab some clothes and be on our way; try and get some sturdy, all-weather gear."

Nicole nodded and moved quickly into the store to find something, it was still spring at least so she needed to worry about getting wet more than getting cold. Then again they were headed north so she wasn't sure how the weather would change... Something general purpose now, if its cold later I can pick up a winter coat later. Besides it'd look a bit odd to be buying winter gear right now.

She soon picked out a couple pairs of, admittedly somewhat baggy, pants that had plenty of pockets. She checked over what clothes of hers she still had, some looked a bit too ruined to be useful but it seemed her jacket was still intact. That ought to be able to keep the rain and wind off me well enough. She picked up a few new shirts that seemed better suited to the wilderness than the shirts she had brought from college with her. All that acquired she went to see what shoes the store had, she liked her running shoes well enough but hiking boots would likely be nice to have, and if she got those she'd need proper socks to go with them.

"Sounds good to me." Remus said. Moody as he was feeling, he was gladdened that he would finally get a change of clothes from the suit he had been forced to wear for the last few days. In addition to his being stained, filthy, torn and reeking, a suit wasn't the most comfortable thing to be wearing in combat scenarios.

"As long as you aren't too long, of course! We close officially in half an hour, though we haven't been busy today. Come in!"

Remus shot a smile at the dark-haired girls as they welcomed the group in. Yes, his mood was certainly improving now.

It took only a quick look over the men's section before Remus made his choices. He didn't care about what looked good, just that it would be comfortable and durable. He picked out a pair of thick boots that looked like they should have been on sale at a military surplus store, socks to go with them, some baggy pants, some nearly as baggy shorts, a thick raincoat, and a surprisingly nice plaid shirt that was lying in the jeans section.

Andrew shrugged, and walked in. He smiled slightly to the women there, but didn't approach them, nor talk to them. After all, he wasn't there to flirt with women, and even if he had been, the current state of his outfit made any sort of success unlikely.

Instead, Andrew decided to look for some decent clothing articles. A black leather jacket quickly caught his eye, and together with it, a pair of dark boots. He tried them on, the jacket was easy to move in, and the boots were comfortable. He also bought several pairs of jeans, t-shirts, underwear, and a thin, green coat that could take on most weathers without being too warm, all while making sure the items went together well. It wasn't as much as he was extremely interested in fashion -he had only very recently learned what a cardigan was, after all- as that he liked looking good. His clothing style should match up to his physical appearance, after all.

This should do it.

He also picked up a backpack for the clothes, and went to pay for the clothes, before changing into them, smiling a bit more sincerely to the women behind the counter. It wasn't as if they would know the difference, stupid as people commonly were, but at least he was making an effort towards... well, something. He noticed a clothing article completely alike what Etna had thrown at him and said he owed her. He could have bought it, but using his own money didn't strike him as the best idea, he only had dollars in cash, and if, for whatever reason, his debit card was being tracked, using it would be risky. He pointed towards the sw--- err, cardigan, though.

"Are you looking for something like that, Etna?" he asked, intending to be helpful. Well, somewhat, at least.

"Are you looking for something like that, Etna?"

The Annoying Andrew had asked that while pointing towards an almost a carbon copy of her cardigan. She simply dismissed that notion. Why would she want something like that in a situation like this? Like the others, she had chosen practical clothing. At the end of the shopping spree, they would probably look like army recruits or something. It would be fun to see whether that would make them more or less suspicious in the eyes of the authorities... If this was a game. It wasn't, and so Etna went for the plain pieces of clothing, rather than the ones covered in camouflage patterns. While some would call that paranoia, it was simply something born of caution - at least - to Etna. Black, browns, blues, greys... She didn't care, anyway.

She gave Andrew a stern look and said, "No."

Meh, meh, eeehhh... Able skimmed through the rows of clothing. Either it wasn't in his size or it wasn't his style. After all this was a rare time that he'd have options where it came to clothing. He didn't have to look like a strung out runaway. Which he might be at this point. How long had they even been gone anyway? He had no idea if time worked differently in Dis and frankly, time had all begun to blur together by this point anyway. He frowned to himself.

God I hope Mum's okay. You hear me?! He called out in his head. You better be hearing this! And you better be looking after her... and spend some time with her! I don't know why you left but you should at least try and do the proper thing! He willed the thought to reach Vidarr by sheer strength of will. That was how prayer was supposed to work anyway.

One of the pretty shop assistants edged up to him to see if he needed any help. Able couldn't help but notice her smile and shortly afterwards he caught himself staring and quickly turned back to the rack of clothing.

Yeah! That shirt would look good on me! Yeah! Then he looked down at himself, his clothes were still in damp tatters. Of course he didn't want dress nice. His clothes had been destroyed more regularly than anyone else in the group. Nice would only be ruined, he needed tough and practical. So he set about finding a wardrobe that would be the pride of any paranoid survivalist.

Prometheus flicked loudly through racks of clothing, laying his favorites over his shoulder. In the end, he settled on a pair of black canvas pants, three brown shirts and a long, dark woolen coat. His backpack had survived relatively intact, though he remembered to pick up some garbage bags for water proofing. He abandoned his worn boots for a pair of heavy-duty hiking boots, that came up to the middle of his shin. Overall, he was pleased; he hoped it would give him enough versatility to traverse the continent.

He approached the counter, seemingly content with his haul. However, he couldn't pass up the pair of dark aviators, not unlike his former pair, that he scooped into his pile.

Avoiding chit-chat, he paid and returned to the group, his large shopping bag stuffed into his backpack. Evidently, he was the last to pay, and as they strolled out the metal shutter slammed behind them. The sun had set, and the Pillar stood silhouetted against the sky.

"Not far now; let's keep pushing on. Hopefully she'll have some sort of resting spot. Haven't talked to her in a while though..."

The Titan started mumbling as they walked, lost in thought.

Remus made quick to get on his new clothes and dump away the old ones. He felt a bit bad about tossing away such a sharp suit, damaged as it was. "Don't worry. You can buy a new one once this is all over with." he told himself. He doubted they had any more time to waste for washing and dry cleaning.

"Not far now; let's keep pushing on. Hopefully she'll have some sort of resting spot. Haven't talked to her in a while though..."

The boy nodded his head groggily in agreement. He took larger, faster steps than the rest of the group. "Let's haul ass. I don't want to pass out before getting to visit Nike." he said, feeling the effects of Nicole's boost lowering ever gradually.

Aria was quick to discard her torched outfit once every thing was paid for and just followed the others to the pillar, occasionally trying to get her powers to work right again with little luck. She started hoping this would be a non violent encounter, cause if it came to a fight she was effectively defenseless.

"No."

The stern look from Etna made it seem as if he had pointed at a catsuit or something a lot more revealing, not just a black sweater. However, he shrugged, and didn't stop smiling, keeping up the appearance of a helpful guy in front of the women working there. When everyone was done picking out clothes, and changing, they headed outside, towards the pillar. Remus especially seemed to be in a hurry, and Andrew kept the Italian's pace, although a couple of feet behind and to the left.

For now, I'll just keep smiling, I suppose,

He told himself. Even though it was just the group again, most of them were rather... touchy, and besides, smiling was just an innocent action. No lies, no deceit, he wasn't even pretending to be in an okay mood. Good food, new clothes, and for him, a good night's sleep. It was better than it had been in days, although a shower would have been nice as well.

We got plenty of water yesterday, though. Makes me relieved I didn't bring anything electronic with me, although I do believe several others brought their phones. Not my problem, though, they were the ones bringing them.

Besides, he didn't need a phone, all he ever used his for was to contact the hospital, and he had no reason to now. He knew the number in his head, if the two weeks ran out, he'd just have to call again.

I wonder how it seems from that angle. One day I'm there, the other I just drop off the surface of the earth, apparently, saying something about family business. Heck, if any of us were to die, who would know? It's not like we would fight somewhere out in the open, it could take years till the bodies are found, if not longer.

Not that he was leaving anyone behind. His mother? Perhaps, they were bound by blood and memories, although he had broken off contact when he had found out that she had been deceiving him. But who else? No one, he never let people get close, he disliked them too much, and they couldn't be trusted.

Now, that's a nice and uplifting thought. No one'll miss me, and to be honest, I don't mind that.

Andrew thought to himself. He really didn't care, because he wasn't going to die.

Nicole nodded as she finished packing away her purchases, those that she hadn't already started to wear already that is. She had put on the new boots as they would make climbing easier, and changed into a clean shirt and pants, stuffing the dirty clothes into her backpack. Kinda doubt we'll ever stop to do laundry on this trip, but hey you never know. She quickly fell in line with the others as they began to walk, most of them seemed rather quiet, though Remus spoke up.

"Let's haul ass. I don't want to pass out before getting to visit Nike.

She glanced over at him, he was starting to look tired, like he had earlier in the morning after keeping watch all night. I guess my blessing is wearing off, that's not good.

She walked over to him "Hey, you another blessing to help keep you going? I don't know how well it'll hold with the old one wearing off but it can't hurt," she said, smiling slightly.

"Hey, you another blessing to help keep you going? I don't know how well it'll hold with the old one wearing off but it can't hurt,"

Remus turned around briefly to face Nicole, slowly down in pace. He didn't smile back at her and merely shook his head. "No. You need to conserve your energy, not waste it on me. I'm fine." he said, although he quite the opposite of fine. He didn't want to look weak though by needing to rely on Nicole's help to keep him going. "Maybe when we meet your mother, she'll be willing to give us all a little boost."

"Maybe when we meet your mother, she'll be willing to give us all a little boost."

"Yeah hopefully," she said, thinking about the boost she had received before they entered the underworld, wonder why she didn't just bless everyone then... maybe she wanted to be somewhat covert or something? Might be worried about being tracked down by Dio.

"It's really no trouble if you need one though, so if you do just let me know," she finished, "Or I guess if there's anything else I can do to help, heh, I might end up having to airlift people if we run into any obstructions on our way up."

The sun had set as the group approached the Pillar. It was a tall marble column, with several friezes around the base; each with a different depiction of the God. It stood alone in a courtyard of stone atop a mountain, overlooking the city. Not hugely popular with tourists, it lacked the roped boundaries other places had. Apart from them, it was empty.

Prometheus set his bag down next to the column and scratched his head. Having never really spoken to his relative, he shuffled his feet, before lightly knocking on the column and talking in Greek.

Pausing and listening, he shrugged when he received no reply. Turning to Nicole, he was about to speak before a heavy, armoured hand fell upon his shoulder, turning him.

Before him stood a dark man, rather like Ahriman, but with soft features and a smaller build. He wore a loose, navy long-sleeved shirt with large buttons, matching equally flowing trousers. His hands and feet, however, were adorned with dull, golden armour. His hair flowed to his shoulders, and his eyes matched those of Vera's. As he moved, his skin shimmered, as if it was made of tiny, golden scales.

He spoke with a deep, Turkish accent.

"What took you so long? Nike and I had begun to worry."

Turning him aside, he locked eyes with Vera, and laughed heartily.

"Veronica! How nice it is to see you!"

Since the incident at the restaurant, silently buying some basic jeans, jacket, and backpack. HE was to disturbed and deep in thought to do anything but go through the motions.

Steven followed Prometheus up to the pillar. He saw the golden man, and sighed.

"We ran into problems," Steven said flatly, "We have not been having a good week."

"Traffic coming out of Hades is a bitch" Aria said totally straight though should have been clear she was making a joke, though, she was really eager to get a move on, sooner they got up north the sooner they could finish this, least she hoped they could finish it when they got there.

"Veronica! How nice it is to see you!"

The man who greeted them was clearly a god of some sort, his appearance and his addressing Vera though, is this her dad? What's he doing here? She wasn't sure if she should speak up or not, Prommy seemed to have been about to say something when the golden armored stranger showed up. She had to squint a bit as her eyes adjusted to all the glittering light coming off of the strange god's skin, didn't know the Persians were so into body glitter...

She glanced at Prometheus and then back to the god, "Where is Nike?"

When they reached the pillar, Vera had been quite relieved. Now that they were going to be within the domain of a friendly goddess, they'd finally have a chance to regroup and figure out how to track a wolf.

Her relief was short lived however as Verathragna - her father - appeared. She could only sigh; he always seemed to show up just when things were getting back to normal, dragging craziness in with him. "Veronica! How nice it is to see you!" he called out while looking at her.

"Hi Dad" she replied half-heartedly. "What brings you to Nike's Pillar?"

Prometheus chuckled at Aria cracking wise. However, Verathragna's attention was caught first and foremost by Stephen, whose comment betrayed the fatigue in the whole group. At Nicole's question, his brow furrowed, and he sighed deeply. Clenching and relaxing his fists, he addressed both Nicole and Stephen.

"Yes, we heard you had some difficulties. When we saw what happened to the Morrigan we couldn't even be sure you were alive. Yet here you are. As for Nike..."

Prometheus' eyes widened and he stepped forward. Verathragna bowed his head at Nicole.

"She's been poisoned. I came to find her early this morning and she was wounded atop her column; an arrow through her shoulder. Right now she is in my home, across the sea, resting. I have yet to identify the culprit, but when I do..."

The god's kind features were momentarily clouded by fierce rage; yet it passed as quickly as it had come. He stepped forward and embraced Veronica, before stepping back and laying hands upon her shoulders.

"I am sorry we meet under such horrid circumstances. You look well though."

Addressing the group, he attempted a brave and welcoming tone.

"You are all very welcome to come and see Nike, and rest; you all look like you need a good sleep."

Prometheus flipped over Stephen's hand quite suddenly, with no word or warning. The bird was still there, though fainter than earlier. The meaning of this was unknown to him, and he cursed, before releasing Stephen's hand and apologising.

"You are all very welcome to come and see Nike, and rest; you all look like you need a good sleep."

Nicole's eyes widened, "What, poison?" she had never gotten along with her mother that well but all the same this caught her off guard, Nike had always seemed untouchable to her in the past, and she had no wish for her mother to die. Poison arrows... like the sort Andrew uses, could it be his father then? I really hope not, I'd rather not fight a sun god, maybe I should ask him later he might know if his father might do something like this.

She took a deep breath to steady herself and looked up at Verathragna "Take me to her please," she paused and looked over at Andrew "Do you think your healing powers might be able to help her?"

When they had arrived at the pillar, the sight that met them was not a goddess, like they had expected, but rather a dark-skinned, gaudy looking man. From his reaction to seeing Vera, he was obviously her dad.

Who was her dad again? Some Persian god, right?

Whatever he was god of, Andrew kept his distance. Vera hadn't been very fond of the Greek gods, if he remembered correctly, so he doubted her father, an actual Persian god, was either. He didn't speak, however, others did, one of them beng Nicole, asking where Nike was.

A reasonable question. This is her pillar.

"Yes, we heard you had some difficulties. When we saw what happened to the Morrigan we couldn't even be sure you were alive. Yet here you are. As for Nike... She's been poisoned. I came to find her early this morning and she was wounded atop her column; an arrow through her shoulder. Right now she is in my home, across the sea, resting. I have yet to identify the culprit, but when I do..."

A poison arrow?

He didn't care to assume anything, not yet, but from what little he knew of Greek mythology, he knew of two gods who could have done it.

Apollo and Artemis. They did say anyone could be on the oposing side, so I'm not surprised if it turns out to be either.

That was a lie. Honestly, he hadn't expected Apollo to take either side. And now he might be the enemy.

If it was him, that is. This might be a lie as well, wouldn't be the first god to have attempted to deceive us.

Andrew wasn't sure about what he thought of that. Firstly, wouldn't it put them further away from their goal? If this guy knew about what they were doing, which it seemed to be so far, why would he ask if they wanted to see Nike? Because they needed to? What could she do while she was poisoned?

I don't trust this, not at all.

However, he wanted to see what some of the others thought. If they all wanted to go, then whatever he said would be ignored, and they would have wasted even more time.

"Take me to her please,"

Nicole said. It was obvious that she wasn't going to refuse the chance to see her mother. She even turned to Andrew.

"Do you think your healing powers might be able to help her?"

"Do I think my power might be able to help her?" he asked, the question was worded stupidly, and he sounded sarcastic. "Yes, obviously. Whether or not it could help her depends on a lot." He then realized that she might not be in the mood for something like this. Andrew sighed, and changed the tone of his voice.

"I mean, I'm not sure, but I do believe it would have an effect. If we end up going, I'll try my best."

After arriving at the pillar, Remus was surprised by two revelations. The first was gold-coated, Arabic-looking fellow who approached the group and seemed to be Veronica's father. The second was him revealing to the group that Nike had been poisoned. Remus stood large-eyed, biting his lip a bit as he processed the information. He hadn't caught the subtle bit about the Morrigan, not being awake enough to have noticed such a detail.

Remus nodded his head eagerly at the mention of rest. He thought for a moment on what Vera's father said, about Nike being poisoned. Although his body was feeling tied, his mind still had enough energy from Nicole's boost to get his mental gears grinding a little. "Why an arrow?" he thought. "If I were to assassinate a deity, I would have done it with something like a sniper rifle. Whoever it was, they must have been more confident in their abilities with a bow..." Remus' eyes shifted to gaze at Andrew momentarily. "But why use poison then? Surely they would have been able to get a killshot through the heart or head, if they were confident enough to use a bow in the first place..."

He groaned a bit and rubbed his forehead again. All this thinking was making his head ache. "Save those thoughts for later. Now's the time to rest, and attend other matters." he told himself.

Remus' eyes were drawn away from Andrew and to Nicole. He knew the news must have been hurting her more than anyone else. Remus placed a hand down on her shoulder, and mustered a slight smile. "Don't worry. She's not dead, which means she'll be fine."

Aria just frowned when, what turned out to be Vera's dad told them Nike had been poisoned. "Well that can't be a terribly short list of culprits, I mean, how many gods and goddesses use bows? That kinda was the end all be all ranged weapon back in your guys hay day" Aria thought out loud. "Anyway, a secure place to rest would be welcome, thank you." she added, thinking maybe she just needed a better rest then 'pass the fuck out', besides most the group was pretty ragged at this point, they needed a good solid rest.

"I am sorry we meet under such horrid circumstances. You look well though." her father said. She wanted to say "Don't we always?", but her concern for Nicole overruled. Instead she said nothing; not really wanting to deal with him at the moment.

"We should go see Nike." she said quickly. Turning to Nicole, she spoke up again; wanting to help her friend all she could. "I'm sure she'll be fine. She's a goddess of victory; it's not like she's gonna let poison get the best of her. Besides-" she said, turning to look at Andrew for a moment "-if anyone can help her, it's Andrew."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked