Children of the Gods: Arc 2 [Game/Closed]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 57 NEXT

"- And long enough for me to cook this."

Dan smiled, then noticing her blush, he took a step back, feeling himself doing the same. He began rubbing the back of his head, a nervous habit of his.

"Cruel, aren't you?" He said, jokingly, trying to cover his tracks. The steak did smell good though, so he went and chose another one, and began the process of cooking it. He eyed the thing like a damned wolf as he continued his conversation,

"So, where are you from?"

'The south, idiot...' Dan smiled a bit.

'And you?' He mouthed, pointing back at Nicole.

He certainly didn't seem to mind not being able to speak, if his reply to Aria was what it seemed to be that is. According to what he typed he was a Norse demigod, from some guy named Vidarr should really have studied more than just Greek myths, well I did cover a few Roman ones but that hardly helps here...

"Can't say I've heard of Vidarr, but then my whole mythology nut phase was centered on Greek myths. My mom's Nike, and I'm from the US, Iowa to be specific," she replied, hoping she was reading his gestures correctly.

She took another bite of the pizza, watching Able to see his response while she ate. Everything still seemed so unreal in a way, she'd known about her heritage for a while now but had never expected something like this to be thrust upon her. Hell it had been a surprise to meet another demigod at college, and now she was in a building full of them. Man how am I so calm? Probably still a little surprised at everything happening all at once.

"So, where are you from?"

Aria chewed another bit of steak before answering "Athens, Texas" Aria replied, giving able a smirk at his smart ass reply "What about you? Where you from?"

Like the shoes. Wonder what she's like?

He wasn't suprised that she hadn't heard of Vidarr, he wasn't that famous even among the norse pantheon. He guessed that mute's just weren't that good at self promotion by nature.

[He's kind of famous for footwear as well.] He held up the bag with his boots in it. Of all the things he thought he might find in common with someone here that wasn't near the top of the list. But it made sense she'd be more focused on her own paren't extended family over others.

Other than the shoe joke he wasn't sure what else to say, getting information out was usually so tricky his small talk skills never really developed. MAybe I should say something nice about her hair... what the hell do you say to anyone in this situation? You dislike getting kidnapped by your estranged parents? I hate that too! We should get coffee some time!

"What about you? Where you from?"

"Hm... I think... Minnesota! Mankato Minnesota." Dan smiled, he'd been travelling too long. 3 years straight and no home to call his own. Simply a string of hotels and motels, all in pursuit of knowledge and adventure. This would at least promise one...

"Sorry, been awhile since I had to think about that. It just kind of blurs together nowadays." He frowned a bit. He noticed his steak was ready, and moved to dish himself up.

"So, any questions for me? I think it's your turn." He gave a weak smile, as he began eating his steak.

Voices flitted under the supply door. Finishing his fifth cigarette, he dropped the stub and ground it into the dirt with his heel. It was approaching midnight, and the early dawn meant an early rise. He didn't want to be caught in the plains at 40 degree heat. He cracked the door open and threw his voice inside.

"I hope this is pillow talk, and you're not still chatting away in the kitchen! Don't make me come back there and tuck you in myself!"

Shutting the door to prevent any answer, he began twirling fire between his fingertips, dimly and in the shadow of the bar, so as not to attract unwanted attention.

[He's kind of famous for footwear as well.]

Aaaaand there's the shoe joke, at least its at his own expense too. Not really any point in getting annoyed I suppose. She shrugged "No points for originality, sorry," she said "I take it you like hiking then?"

She had about finished the pizza now, and was really starting to feel how late it was. Some people had gone to the rooms to sleep and she was wondering how much longer she would stay up before heading off herself. Eh I'm a college student, I don't need sleep she thought jokingly to herself.

"I hope this is pillow talk, and you're not still chatting away in the kitchen! Don't make me come back there and tuck you in myself!"

"Well I guess we better turn in then, see you tomorrow," she said putting her plate in the sink and turning to go find a room. Geez they kidnap us and then do nothing but give us orders, if it didn't seem so important I'd probably just tell them to fuck off. Then again Aria already tried that and it went nowhere. She grabbed a pillow and blanket, found an empty room and collapsed on the makeshift bed, not even bothering to change out of her clothes not like I have pajamas to change into, the late hour and the weight of the days events finally catching up to her she was soon fast asleep.

Aria was thinking of what to ask Dan when Prometheus busted in, and rolled her eyes "Guess we'll have to pick this up tomorrow, our abductor seems to want us in bed now" She said, putting her plate in the sink. Aria then made her way to the table with the bed rolls, and grabbed on, after finding a nice empty spot on the floor she laid it out, striped down to her underwear, minus a bra, which she never wore cause she didn't like how they felt. She lay her clothing in a pile next to her bed roll, capped by her jacket and hat, undid the braid in her hair, then crawled into the bedroll.

"No points for originality, sorry,"

Abe gave a shrug and a half apologetic smile. Can't blame me for trying. He nodded to the hiking question and was about to try and write up a follow up question of his own when Prometheus' voice startled him into remembering where he really was again.

That's right, we've got a big trip ahead of us tomorrow. Guess I'll want to be well rested for that, besides I don't want to risk pissing a titan off. A knot started forming in his stomach the moment he started to think about tomorrow and the front of his head started aching, ever so faintly, in that way it did whenever he got too stressed.

He waved Nicole goodnight and left soon after her waving back to Dan and Aria as he went. he found an unclaimed spot by the pool table and slumped to the ground. He tossed and turned for a while, trying to thrash the pillow into a more comfortable state, trying desperatly not to look too much at Aria. his jaw had nearly hit the floor once he saw her undressing but he reigned any reaction in with all his self control. He thought it would never happen but slowly and surely sleep took him.

Remus had begun scanning the inside of the fridge, looking for something that wasn't trash to eat. Eventually he spotted a container of assorted vegetables which included some carrots and cucumber. He propped open the lid and began snacking away, when he heard call from across the hall.

"I hope this is pillow talk, and you're not still chatting away in the kitchen! Don't make me come back there and tuck you in myself!" As the others began abandoning the kitchen, Remus took a few bites to satisfy his hungers before closing the fridge door and exiting as well. He walked over to the room where everyone one else appeared to be breaking out the bed rolls, and grabbed one of his own. As he began laying out his roll be noticed Aria undressing herself. Although a smirk appeared on his face he was rather unphased by this. In Sicily, girls going about topless wasn't exactly an uncommon sight. Yet the mute demigod Able seemed to have been overcome with shock at it. Remus chuckled as he finished making his bedroll and slunk inside, quickly falling to sleep.

To hell with the food! Now she was feeling sleepy. So sleepy in fact, that Etna collapsed into a deep slumber then and there. After a quick look at the pile of belonging and confirming that the black messenger bag was indeed there. Her dreams were filled with cawing crows. Ones that constantly cawed in her face no less. The same nightmare as ever. She had always hated the things anyway.

Day 2; Early Morning

Sunrise crept over the distant horizon, bringing life to the yellow and green landscape. Sparse trees grew in a sea of short, tough grass. Ayer's Rock loomed in the distance, deep red and brown, the only remarkable landmark in sight.

The smell of breakfast wafted through the bar, as Prometheus used every grill, oven and microwave in the kitchen to cook enough for the group. His bag and jumper lay under the bar, and he had a large cloth slung over his shoulder; in true chef fashion.

He placed the food down along the bar as a buffet; bacon, poached eggs, tomatoes, hash browns, spinach, toast of several varieties; he had exhausted the food supply to make a breakfast fit for a king. The pool table was now covered in numerous fresh fruits and juices. A stack of plates and cups sat next to them.

Standing back, he smiled proudly at his creation. The youths had a hard night, and he hoped this would help make up for the rather unstable introduction. Throwing the cloth into the dishroom, he went around nudging everyone with his foot.

"Wakey wakey, boys and girls. Foods up, and we have a big day ahead of us."

Steven woke up because of the smell of bacon. Steven massaged a kink in his neck as he got up from the bed, looking around to see that sadly last night wasn't just a dream.

"That smells good," Steven hoisted himself up, heading to the buffet, grabbing bacon, a few eggs, and two pieces of toast.

"Thank you Prometheus," Steven said before stuffing some bacon into his mouth.

"I guess this is food fit for a demigod," Steven chuckled at his own bad joke, "So, after breakfest where are we headed and how are we getting there?"

Andrew felt himself getting nudged, and woke up, sadly. His sleep had been a deep one, with no dreams nor nightmares, and he was sad to let it go. The smell of food was making him realize that he was hungry, which, when he was lying down on the floor, was not a necessarily good thing. He glared at whoever had awoken him, luckily Prometheus had already turned his back to him. Still, it reminded him of where he was, and why. Andrew rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, as he sat further up.

That's right. I'm here.

He yawned, and spent a short moment finding his will to do anything, smiling because this at least meant he didn't have to go to the hospital. It wasn't that he didn't like it there, or his future job, it was pretty much his life. However, sometimes his mind wasn't right, in a way. It was probably due to stress... right?

Of course.

Andrew stood up and went over to the pool table, figuring that getting something to eat would clear his mind, and give him a moment to try to figure out the whole situation at hand with a more refreshed mind. He got some apple-juice and an apple, as well as getting some eggs, bacon and a toast on his plate. It wasn't a large meal, but he never had been much of a glutton. Besides, there were other people to consider, and even though he'd prefer not being in this situation at all, it didn't mean he wanted the rest to go hungry. That wouldn't help anyone. He sat down on the cushion he had been sleeping on, and started eating, watching as others went over to the food.

So, we're being sent to hunt a god, since demigods can't be sensed, apparently. So far it makes sense... but why weren't we told more? There has to be something to this, letting us know a bit more of the story could only harm if there's a reason to hide it, after all. Telling us how or why Dionysus wants to end the world would only give motivate people. Or are we being treated like mindless tools, puppets to play along? I can't say I would give out much information in the same situation, if I had something planned out. But I don't like the idea of being a puppet of the gods. Not even if it's in order to save the world, which I have a doubt about as well.

Earlier That Night

Aria had no problems getting to sleep, it could have been out side in a thin floored tent or a tree stand and she still would have slept like a baby in it's mothers arms.

Her dreams where fairly standard for her, to night was a bonfire party from a few weeks ago. It had been a good night her friends managed to get her there and no one really harassed her for being a 'witch', not really a rare occurrence but it was nice when she could be 'normal'.

"So this is how you spent you nights? Interesting method of entertainment." A strange female voice said behind her, it had a foreign accent to it, but she couldn't place. Aria turned and dropped her cup in surprise at what she saw. Walking up the side of the truck who's tailgate she was sitting on, was a slightly taller her, dressed in what can only be called 'female viking' with a cloak of hawks feathers "Who are You?" Aria said, still surprised.

The woman chuckle at Aria's response to her arrival "Today has been full of surprises hasn't? For you, and me." she said as she stood beside the truck "I am Freya, Wife of Odin, The All Father, your real mother. I know you likely have questions, many of them, but now is not the time, as I speak the Titan makes ready to rouse you from your sleep" Aria gotta annoyed at that "If you don't have time to answer my questions, why are you here?" "What mother wouldn't go visit their child when that child has been believed dead since infancy?" Freya said and was the last thing she said before Prometheus's booming voice jarred her awake.

Aria just Lay there, wondering if she should trust her visitors words, but there was a familiar presence to this Freya, not to mention she looked like an older version of her. Least now she had questions for Dan.

"Wakey wakey, boys and girls. Foods up, and we have a big day ahead of us." a voice said, forcing Vera from her slumber and into reality. Vera got up quickly, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. If there was any advantage from all her years of training, it was the ability to get up and get going quickly. The need to get in a morning workout had seen to that.

As such, Vera was one of the first up and about. She wandered over to the bathroom fairly quickly, hoping to wash her face and change her clothes before the inevitable rush of people. When she pushed on the door to the bathroom however, she felt some resistance. is it locked? she wondered, turning to look at the rest of the room. It didn't appear that anyone was missing; save Prometheus, Andrew, and the older mechanic who she could hear from where she assumed to food to be.

Guessing the door was stuck, she pushed on it harder, still with no success. A few more seconds of pushing and she realized a small problem... she was small. Now that she was aware of it, she noticed the change in the way things looked, the major change in height, and the shape of her new "arms".

Resigning to the fact she wouldn't be getting into the bathroom, she decided to go to breakfast; she could still eat at least. Spreading her wings, she took off - landing at the table a few moments later

Remus was quick to awake. Not because of Prometheus' wake-up call but rather the delicious scent of morning food. The boy had barely eaten last night, and his stomach was growling wolfishly. He wasted no time pulling himself out of his bedroll and approaching the bar. Looking down, he noticed that he had fallen asleep wearing his suit in his fatigue. The fabric appeared crumbled rather than smooth as such. Luckily his flower appeared to have been undamaged during the night, which Remus carefully adjusted to make sure the pin stayed straight.

He licked his lips as his eyes surveyed the breakfast counter. Unlike the contents of the kitchen pantry, the food here appeared far more delicious. Remus grabbed a plate and pushed on a large amount of food. Eggs, tomatoes, hash and bacon. His dish was practically overflowing after a minute. He sat down alongside the other demigods with his meal. As Remus began wolfing down his breakfast, he saw the sons of Apollo and Odin near him. He gestured over to both of them and made a friendly smile.

He also saw a falcon flying over the tables, which caused him to raise a brow in confusion. "What the...how did a bird get in here?" Remus extended his arm up a bit, half-expecting the falcon to come land on it.

Prometheus helped himself to food, loading his plate with all manner of meats and fruits, taking a seat at the bar. He turned to Steven, speaking between mouthfuls of food.

"See that big rock over yonder? That's where we're heading. As to why, there's someone there that can point us towards Dionysus. At least, I hope they will."

Seeing the others beginning to stir, Prometheus happily munched on his food. He had a good feeling about today, and felt much more relaxed than last night.

As the bird flew in, Prometheus took a lazy swat at it with his free hand, before remembering that it was probably Veronica. He shook his head and bit down

"Persians, eh. What can you do."

Dan quickly ate his dinner, waving to Aria as she walked off. The booming voice of Prometheus was really starting to get on his nerves. He finished up, and found a room he could take. He promptly fell into deep slumber as he thought of other things.

He woke up to the booming voice of Prometheus, which he could only assume would be a very dumb running theme around here. His headache was almost gone, though, so perhaps he'd be better with the other demigods. He got out of bed, and made his way to the bathroom, washing up and making his way to the kitchen when that got done.

"... How did I not notice any of this last night?" Dan sighed, as he pulled up a chair and started in on some scrambled eggs.

Aria finally got her self up, put her clothing back on, rolled up the bedroll she'd slept on and stood it up by the wall, and walked over to the bar, coat and hat in hand, which she placed by Dan as a place holder while she loaded up a plate with scrambled eggs, hash browns, corn-beef hash, and bacon. She then went and sat next to Dan, moving her affects to the side.

with a piece of bacon hanging out of her mouth she mixed every thing on her plate into one big yummy mess, that with the addition of ketchup, gave it this 'roadkill' look to it, though it still smelled like actual food. She took a few bites, looking around the room a bit, looking at all the activity around her "So, who's Freya?" She asked with all the subtly of a brick to the face "Apart from Odin's wife, got that part already"

Abe silently grumbled himself awake, it wasn't hard, sleeping in a strange bed/place and all that. He hadn't dreamed that night, he never did. Sometimes thoughts popped into his head but he was always half-awake for them. He was still worrying about his mum but those thoughts had to be put aside, there was nothing he could do for her right now. He splashed himself with water once his turn for the bathroom came and longed for a toothbrush.

He took a palce at the makeshift buffet and piled his plate with meat and toast. Either he ws too tired or feeling too jaded by recent events to even be suprised by the bird at the bar. Not even the stranest thing here. Eye's forward abe just don't stare at it, they see that as a challenge. (No one wants to get mauled over breakfast)

He leaned over and joined Dan in the scrambled eggs harvest. Just the way I like them. No doubt it was going to be a rough day and who knew when he'd get to eat properly again? Best to fuel up now while he had the chance.

"Apart from Odin's wife, got that part already."

"Hm... I thought that was Frigga? Or are they the same...? Eh, moving on; I believe she's the goddess of beauty and fertility. Not my specialty, but she must have some sort of other power to hang around vikings all day." Dan shrugged, a strip of bacon hanging out of his mouth. He pushed it in, before talking again,

"I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to my dads family. So, why are you interested? Got a hint that she might be your mom?"

It had started getting a bit more crowded now, as people had started to talk. The guy in the suit, whose name he hadn't found out yet, smiled and made a gesture at him. He smiled back.

I think I'll wait unti--- his train of thoughts was interrupted by a bird, flying in and making its way to the breakfast table. It was a rather large bird too, and he couldn't help but feel very surprised.

A falcon? Here?

However, something Prometheus said made him realize who it was.

Vera? Why would she shapeshift now?

It didn't make much sense, but then again, it might not have been voluntary. He finished the rest of his meal and put the plate away, somewhere it would be conveniently placed. Andrew then got another glass of juice, deciding to ask a few questions.

"Good morning," he said, greeting everyone and no one in particular. "So, anyone know how long this whole hike is going to take us? Or is it that something we'll have to figure out?"

Like everything else about this "mission".

This anyone was of course Prometheus, but if someone else knew something, then they would speak up now. He looked over at Vera the falcon-girl. "Impressive form there Vera, can you speak in it too?" He doubted she could, but he didn't want to miss a chance hearing a falcon talk like a human should she be able to. Besides, he wanted to see if she would get surprised by him knowing.

"I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to my dads family. So, why are you interested? Got a hint that she might be your mom?"

Not the answer she was hoping for, but was a start. "She said as much last night, dropped in on the dream I was having, and we had an incredibly short talk, would a been longer but a certain Titan we know had to shake the floor with his voice" She said, shoveling another fork full of 'mess' into her mouth.

Nicole yawned, and slowly got out of bed, oddly enough for her she seemed to be one of the last ones up, although she didn't see Vera anywhere. Wait why is there a bird on the table? ...Hold on I think Vera mentioned she could... she walked up to the table and sat down, giving a curious look at the bird, she wasn't sure why Vera would shift but she couldn't think of any other reason for there to be a bird on the table. She grabbed a plate and started eating, glancing about the table.

"Good morning everyone," she said then turned towards Prometheus "So is there someplace in here I can get a shower and a change of clothes?" she asked, before grinning and glancing over at hawk-Vera "Although it looks like someone changed more than their clothes."

While waiting for her answer she went back to eating, things were starting to sink in for her, couldn't be a dream after all considering that she had woken up and everything was still here. Ah shit I still need to call Dad and maybe the school and explain things.

Prometheus laughed as Dan pushed bacon into his mouth.
"There's this thing called cutlery, Daniel. You should try it sometime."

He nodded in approval as more of them woke up; each helping themselves to the large pile of food. They were yet to thank him, which made him slightly upset. Still; he gave fire to man and they let him be chained to a rock. Finishing the last of his food, he turned to acknowledge the first of what he anticipated would be many morning questions.

"Good morning Andrew, feeling rested? I believe we'll be walking all day once everyone is up. We'll meet our link-up tonight, and then return to civilization to acquire a faster method of travel."

Prometheus grinned at Nicole. Vera's transformation had thrown him, but he was glad everyone was slightly acclimatised to the strange-ness of the group.

"And good morning my estranged Niece. There's an outdoor shower just beyond the front door. Trust the Australians not to have a proper bathroom. I fear there aren't any spare clothes around here; feel free to have a shopping spree when we next hit the city."

It was becoming more and more clear to him that they would need to get some supplies before setting off. Knowing Dionysus, he would be jumping town-to-town through the wilderness. Having wandered for most of his life, Prometheus wasn't keen on getting lost amidst skyscrapers.

"And good morning my estranged Niece. There's an outdoor shower just beyond the front door. Trust the Australians not to have a proper bathroom. I fear there aren't any spare clothes around here; feel free to have a shopping spree when we next hit the city."

"Thanks, I guess I'll hit those after breakfast..." she checked her wristwatch to see what time it was, it was still set to the timezone back in Michigan so that was little help but it did remind her of something, "Wait ah SHIT, I have my last couple finals tomorrow!"

She dropped her plate on the table, and pressed one hand against her forehead trying to calm down, not exactly her specialty.

"Fuuuuuuuuck why couldn't that drunken asshole wait just TWO more days before he started his murder spree?" she muttered under her breath, then she looked up at Prometheus "And you! Why the hell did you take us to goddamn Australia? If it was just a few hours drive I could at least fly back!"

Then an idea hit her, "You, Danny boy, how many people can ride on your horse thing?" she said. Wait I thought I didn't want him to know where I lived? Shut up me. Vera will probably need a ride too, hopefully she doesn't have any finals today might be hard to take them as a bird.

As Vera made for a landing, two things occurred. First, the boy Nicole had been speaking with raised his arm - apparently trying to get her to land. She ignored it. "I may look like a bird, but that doesn't mean I have to act like one" she said. Well, thought; she still sounded like a bird.

The second thing to occur was much more annoying. As she tried to land properly, Prometheus tried to hit her. Lazily admittedly, but that didn't excuse him. She squawked at him in annoyance as she landed awkwardly on the table. "Persians, eh. What can you do." he commented, earning a glare from her. "Don't make me find out if your liver regrows" she said; still in bird

Vera grabbed a strip of bacon from the table, trying to ignore Prometheus as much as possible. A few minutes later, most of the others had arrived. "Impressive form there Vera, can you speak in it too?" Andrew said as he arrived. Vera opened her beak to answer, but closed it realizing it wouldn't help. Instead she shook her head no to get the point across.

Nicole was the next to comment. saying "Although it looks like someone changed more than their clothes." Vera responded, squawking out "very funny"; still in bird. How come she got the inconvenient superpower? Why couldn't she have gotten a nice, manageable power like flight or super strength or something? In the end, Vera could only sigh - those powers had to have their inconveniences too and it wasn't like shape shifting was that bad.

Jut... hopefully, she wouldn't need to use that form...

As she went for another slice of bacon, Prometheus spoke up. "...I fear there aren't any spare clothes around here; feel free to have a shopping spree when we next hit the city." Vera looked at the Titan incredulously. Had he seen what she was wearing last night? It was hardly suitable for a trek through the bloody outback. She might be able to last a while as a horse or bull but... "Damn it; I don't want to be a horse the whole time! I want to be able to at least have good conversation!" she yelled out in dismay.

To most, it was just a noisy racket from a bird though.

Her concerns all died when Nicole spoke up. "Wait ah SHIT, I have my last couple finals tomorrow!". I hadn't thought of that!" she called out. She recalled her schedule, trying to remember what she had left. Economics; check, Business 101; check. Passed out of Market Analysis... she questioned herself, before sighing in relief. She only had one test left and she'd done an essay in place of it so she could leave early. She'd still need to call in sick from her job until summer started, but that was it.

"First good news all day. Good luck Nicole..." she said, even knowing she wouldn't understand.

"She said as much last night, dropped in on the dream I was having, and we had an incredibly short talk, would a been longer but a certain Titan we know had to shake the floor with his voice"

"Cryptic, but it IS a divine message. Just be glad your mother isn't a prophet or some such, they're masters at bullshit." He ignored the Titan, and stared at the bird, Vera apparently, as it angrily stomped and squawked. He understood her every word, and smiled as he spoke to it,

"Would you like me to act as translator, Vera?"

"You, Danny boy, how many people can ride on your horse thing?"

Dan responded automatically, "Three people before it starts actively trying to kill passengers. Why, need a ride?" Dan smirked at her, and shoveled in another forkful of hash browns. He was enjoying this breakfast a lot, actually.

"Although, no rides today. I think it's Wednesday, which means Odin'll be taking a trip to Jotunheim. Again."

Remus was a bit disappointed when the falcon refused to land on his arm, although hardly surprised. He was surprised though when he overheard the others talking about how the bird was in fact Vera. He looked back at the creature with a look of disbelief. "A shapeshifter, eh? Now that's a neat power." Diverting his focus from Vera, he watched as other demigods began waking up for breakfast. Most notably he spotted the mute fellow and Nicole from earlier. He flashed a smile and waved towards both of them.

As he resumed wolfing down his food, Remus paused when he heard Nicole freaking out about something. "Wait ah SHIT, I have my last couple finals tomorrow!" He wasn't certain what "finals" were, but apparently it was something urgent enough for Nicole to consider momentarily abandoning their quest to attend to. As she spoke to Dan, Remus turned his attention to son of Apollo he saw earlier. "Hello there. I don't think I caught your name. Remus, Remus Genovese. Yours?"

Aria watched Vera's bird tantrum as Dan replied "I wouldn't know, You wouldn't happen to know if she's one a them God that lies a lot would ya? I wanna know how big a grain a salt I should be bringen with me 'case we met up an I can have a Proper chat with her."

As she watched Vera she kind couldn't help but smirk Well, I supposes my powers aren't so bad if I don't have that kind problem" She though as she shoveled that last of her plates contents in to her mouth "Not bad, coulda used a bit a more seasoning, but a good meal over all" She said to Prometheus.

"Good morning Andrew, feeling rested? I believe we'll be walking all day once everyone is up. We'll meet our link-up tonight, and then return to civilization to acquire a faster method of travel."

"I'm fine, thank you. And thank you for the food too, given the amount you must have used quite a while."

Hope it was the whole night, and tiring as hell. I don't get why you couldn't have dragged us here today if we were just going to socialize and go to sleep either way.

"I'm not sure how I feel about walking all day, but I'm sure it won't be as bad if we find something interesting to talk about. I must admit that I wouldn't mind getting a few more details about this, if only a few ones."

And, by what information you choose not to give, I might be able to figure out a bit more about just what you're trying to hide.

Andrew smiled innocently. "I wouldn't mind just getting along either, of course."

Vera the bird shook her head, seemingly in response to his former question. She did make some bird-noises, but that made no sense to him, with him not speaking falcon.

A shame. Still, a bird form is really convenient. Especially if we're looking for someone. Can just fly ahead and scout the area.

"It seems you have a number of forms, this one, and the ones you spoke of yesterday. I'm curious to see what more you can do. Of course, if that seems a bit creepy, I can keep my curiosity to myself."

He turned to the girl who had just found out she had her finals the next day. She seemed to be very upset, understandable, but he found her anger to be a bit strange. Sure, he had been angry himself, but yelling like that never solved anything, it only made it seem slightly ridiculous. Not to mention, funny. He barely stopped himself from grinning, and approached her, carefully.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay," he said. "I'm sure you wouldn't have been dragged here like that without it being taken into consideration."

I do doubt they would care, though.

She had already found the best solution he could think of, but it made a question arise in his mind.

"Why don't we just use the horse to reach our location? It would be faster, even with it going back and forth, and we'd save energy.

However, he wasn't about to suggest anything. After all, it was painfully obvious, so the son of Odin should have figured it out by now. That meant it was probably not possible, or highly inconvenient. Unless, of course, he was a jerk, and had decided that it would be more fun to watch everyone walk the whole day.

"Although, no rides today. I think it's Wednesday, which means Odin'll be taking a trip to Jotunheim. Again."

So that's why. Makes sense, I guess.

"Hello there. I don't think I caught your name. Remus, Remus Genovese. Yours?"

Andrew turned around, only to spot the guy who had smiled to him before. So his name was Remus, huh. "I'm Andrew Miller, nice to meet you, Remus. Ready for the trip?"

"I'm Andrew Miller, nice to meet you, Remus. Ready for the trip?" He nodded happily. "Nice to meet you as well." Remus extended his hand out and took Andrew's for a friendly shake, his fingers unintentionally gripping like raw iron. "And I suppose I'm as ready as I currently can be." he said, his usually accent accompanying his words. "Wish I caught wearing something other than my suit though. This is going to be awfully uncomfortable, trekking the outback in such fancy attire!" He chuckled a bit, then paused. Realizing that he was still shaking Andrew's hand, and probably crushing it rather painfully without thinking, he quickly withdrew his arm back. "So uh, what's your deal Mr. Apollo?"

"Wish I caught wearing something other than my suit though. This is going to be awfully uncomfortable, trekking the outback in such fancy attire!"

He wasn't shaking Andrew's hand anymore, he was trying to crush it. Andrew didn't really care for that chuckling either, it seemed as if he was mocking him.

Let go of my hand, I swear, if it's damaged...

Before Andrew could get out of his grip, Remus let go on his own accord. Luckily for the brute, Andrew's hand was undamaged, if still aching a bit. Had it been on purpose? Or had Remus just accidentally forgotten that he was shaking someone's hand? Either way, a surgeon's hands were his lifeline, an injury could ruin everything.

"So uh, what's your deal Mr. Apollo?"

Right now, I'm trying not to fucking strangle you. That's my "deal".

However, Andrew tried to remain unfazed by it. It was probably possibly to see that he wasn't entirely pleased, but nothing more than that. Probably. "Well, I'm not really too friendly with my father, so I'd prefer if you called me Andrew, okay?" He opened and closed his hand, again making sure it was okay.

"And I'm currently training to become a surgeon. Takes a lot of school, practice..."

Not broken hands...

"And dedication. How about you? You sound like you're from Italy or so, is that correct?"

"That's fine, I won't need a ride until tomorrow, just need to be at my university for two hours tops, will that work?" she asked, having calmed down somewhat. She reached for her plate and started eating again. If that works then I might as well wait until I head back to grab more clothes, rather than buy more.

Remembering that there were others at the table she forced herself to eat at a reasonable pace, rather than wolf down the admittedly quite good food, as she normally would. Not like she had practice to get to right now, or that she could if she did.

"I'm sure you wouldn't have been dragged here like that without it being taken into consideration."

"Right, because they've been so very considerate so far," she said sarcastically, then paused "Sorry, shouldn't be mad at you."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked