Children of the Gods: Arc 2 [Game/Closed]

Pages PREV 1 . . . 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 . . . 57 NEXT

Andrew really hadn't been sure what to expect. All he knew was that he hadn't expected Apollo to be this... eager? The god who happened to be his father, examined him.

"Andrew! I was just inquiring with our friends here about you. Seems you're easier to find than expected! Come! You wanted to talk with me?"

He nodded, and, making sure nothing seemed off, followed Apollo into the car. It was luxurious and neat, very unlike how he had been travelling these last days. Andrew sat opposite of Apollo, facing the driver's seat, wondering if all gods had this much wealth.

"Andrew, Andrew. It has been too long. I'm here to help you of course, as you asked. The prodigal father, as it would be."

The wording of that came of as odd, not only because it was something like almost two months since he had last seen him, but because he made it sound as if they'd met more than twice -if half a second of eye-contact counted- before. Andrew smiled slightly, though. It was an honest smile, if not an overly expressive one. For now, it seemed Apollo really did have the intention of helping him. Andrew was about to say something that sounded more like a greeting than the questions from before, but then Apollo spoke.

"Oh, where are my manners. Asclepius!"

Asclepius?

Andrew really hadn't spent a lot of time browsing the myths, but he had read about Asclepius beyond what he had been taught in school. Apollo's favorite son, capable of raising the dead, and killed off by Zeus. He wasn't very dead from the looks of it, though. The window that had been between the two of them and the driver went down, revealing the... god, wasn't it? He bore Apollo's likeness the same way Andrew did, but he had some different traits as well.

"Hello little brother. What brings you to Russia?"

"Hello, Asclepius," Andrew replied, although his eyes were mostly kept on Apollo. He had no idea how to address something a half-brother, after all. Not to mention, Asclepius didn't sound very interested at all, although Andrew certainly understood the feeling.

"I'm here to stop Dionysus," he explained, glancing at the glass Apollo handed him. Although he was hesitant to drink anything that was handed to him by anyone possibly involved in this mess, he figured that he was already in the car, and drank.

If they're trying to kidnap or kill me, I'm already fucked.

Besides, he had been aware of the risks. Andrew figured that he should get to the point already, if he was gone too long it would become a problem. Besides, he still had a slight intention of doing this without anyone finding out, else he would have to explain to Prometheus why he had contacted someone who could very well be the enemy.

"Something like two weeks ago, Zeus gathered a group of demigods regardless of whether or not they wanted to be there, and told us that we were stopping Dionysus. Nothing more than that. I've been following along so far, because of the recent suicides that Dionysus seems to be responsible for, but I want to know more about the situation at hand. This is getting far too risky, and I don't intend to die for a cause I don't really know what is. Besides, everyone we've met so far seems to be more informed of all of this than us, yet no one has given us a reason for this whole thing, nor a goal for either of the two sides. Even Prometheus, who's supposed to lead us, seems to be hiding something."

Andrew explained it calmly, before drinking more of the whiskey and glancing out the window, trying to see where they were now. He supposed he was making sure they weren't leaving the small town. "I was hoping that you knew more, but I still don't know if you are on Dionysus' side or not. Prometheus said you might be, because of Artemis. I wasn't sure whether to expect nothing, an attack, or help, so this is a pretty risky move because of me not knowing anything." He thought of Able and Remus' deaths, the incident that had brought him to this point.

"I also would appreciate if you knew a way to give me more power, I don't more people to die than those who already have, and I'm the only one capable of healing people. I don't have any intention of watching the others fight without acting either. That's what I meant about a deal, although I don't know what you'd want for it. Also..."

He supposed he had to show some appreciation for Apollo showing up. Andrew doubted he and Asclepius had just happened to be in the area, after all.

"Thank you for listening, and coming all this way to help me. Both of you."

Andrew finished his glass of whiskey, surprised he had drunk that much already.

"No I haven't," Steven admitted, quickly washing his hands before taking the apple. "Because, well..."

Steven shook his head. Not time to dwell on all that. Concentrate on other things. This apple, for example.

He walked outside taking a bite.

Aria smiled a little, the hug are consolidation seemed to have help, even if it was only a little. The pair walked into town, having agreed he couldn't have gone far when she heard a faint alarm as well. Nicole decided to fallow it, and Aria followed her. What they found near the source didn't please her, Andrew, and some one who looked a lot like him, Apollo she presumed, getting into a car and driving off.

"Son of a bitch ... What should we do? Go after Andrew or Tell Prometheus?" Aria asked as the car sped off.

"Son of a bitch ... What should we do? Go after Andrew or Tell Prometheus?"

Was that Apollo? It would have to be, I mean he looked a lot like Andrew, just much more handsome. Nicole thought, she could only wonder why Apollo was here though, and what he was doing with Andrew. Is he on Dio's side? Is he abducting or recruiting Andrew? Or maybe they're just meeting to talk? The only way to know would be to catch up with them, something she wasn't sure she could do on foot, and with all the people around she certainly couldn't fly.

"You go tell Prometheus," she said, starting to run after the car, steadily increasing in speed "I'll try to follow them as best I can."

She had to at least try to catch up to the car, if Apollo was with Dio then Andrew could be in danger and she wasn't about to let one of their group face a god alone. Hopefully Apollo wouldn't kill his own son though, I remember he cared a lot about some of them in the myths.

Before Aria could really voice a protest, Nicole was gone. 'Damn she's fast ...' she though as she darted back the way she came, waiting just long enough to get out of the view of other before just warping her self to the RV, even if some one saw her, she didn't care, she was not in the mood to lose anyone else, reappearing right in front of Steven, who was out side now, she gave a little wave and poked her head in the van "We got problems! Andrew took off in a car with, we think, Apollo, and Nicole is trying to run the car down on foot."

"What?!"

Prometheus dropped what he was doing and raced to the front of the van. Hauling Steven and Aria in, he practically threw them into the seats and started the van, yelling as he did so.

"Why the hell did he get in the damn car? If this is Andrew's doing so help me!"

Of all the people chosen for this task, Andrew was proving the most troublesome. Yet he could hardly be left to die, and he had helped them all many times. Prometheus was drawn between rage and concern.

Veering round the roads, he searched frantically for a car, though he had no idea what it looked like. Though there were few vehicles on the road, none of them seemed to contain Andrew.

"Aria! What does it look like?"

That's when he spotted Nicole, sprinting after a black car. He slammed his foot on the accelerator. If Nicole got caught by Apollo...

"Everyone ready to get out! Nobody's dying today!"

------------------------------------------------

Apollo listened intently, while Asclepius focused on driving, somewhat distracted by something in the rearview mirror. Apollo laughed as Andrew spoke of Zeus and Prometheus.

"Of course Zeus would do that. Never risks his own neck. I bet Prometheus volunteered as well - the arrogant, puritanical.."

Frowning, he stopped himself. Andrew was somewhat in allegiance with the titan.

"Well, its certainly a courageous thing you're doing. I personally wouldn't touch it - so no, I'm not in cahoots with anyone. Especially that bitch of a sister. As to helping you..."

He smiled somewhat maliciously.

"I would be choosing a side if I did that. A costly action, which of course demands a price. But what can you offer me Andrew? I crave things of incredible taste - the finest food, beautiful music...company."

His last word carried a heavy tone, and he stared into his sons eyes. Apollo was fully aware of who was in this merry little band, and he had set his eyes towards some of the more...appealing members. His thoughts were interrupted by Asclepius, and the car turning abruptly.

"I think were being followed. Check the mirror."

Apollo raised himself in his seat and saw Nicole through the blackened window. He motioned for Andrew to look as well, speaking in a serious and malevolent tone.

"A friend of yours?"

Apollo's tone changed from the somewhat friendly one it had been before rather quickly, into one that struck Andrew as mocking.

"Of course Zeus would do that. Never risks his own neck. I bet Prometheus volunteered as well - the arrogant, puritanical..

It seemed Apollo disliked Prometheus as much as Prometheus disliked Apollo, if not even more. Then again, Prometheus could have toned down his dislike for the god when talking to Andrew, in some sort of attempt to be polite.

Well, its certainly a courageous thing you're doing. I personally wouldn't touch it - so no, I'm not in cahoots with anyone. Especially that bitch of a sister. As to helping you..."

Andrew realized that he had thanked Apollo too quickly, as his father's smile took a turn for the darker.

Can I take back my thanks?

He wasn't as amused as Apollo seemed to be by all of this, nor had he realized that Apollo would be this opposed to even giving some information, just the slightest aid seemed to demand some sort of sacrifice.

"I would be choosing a side if I did that. A costly action, which of course demands a price. But what can you offer me Andrew? I crave things of incredible taste - the finest food, beautiful music...company."

Andrew could hear that Apollo was putting an emphasis on the word company.

You already know what you want, don't you, you bastard?

He didn't comment on it aloud, but Andrew couldn't help but narrow his eyes. So, he wanted someone from his group? Considering who the members was, it was obvious that it was one of the girls, even if Apollo was attracted to men like in the myths, the only men there apart from Andrew was Steven and Prometheus. So yeah. The women.

The more important question is, what does he want with them?

Perhaps what he had to offer was really useful, but he had only named a price -kind of at least- not saying what he could tell Andrew, nor what he would give in return. Andrew needed to know that to even consider what he wanted, and he doubted he'd even be able to give it to the god, considering he was requesting the... what, company of one of the girls? Or perhaps more than one, Andrew didn't know.

At least I know Prometheus was right about him. I don't know if I like being compared to this, though.

Andrew didn't think he was like this, at least he was actually trying to do something like saving people. Apollo was just taking advantage of his request for help.

"I think we're being followed. Check the mirror."

"A friend of yours?"

He didn't care for Apollo's tone, but Andrew finally smirked, seeing Nicole running after them. Sure, it was annoying, and he'd rather she hadn't, but at least now he could talk more freely.

"Well, you clearly knew I wasn't here alone," Andrew commented, dryly, but with amusement. Apollo had seemed pretty arrogant before, but it was obvious that this was his mistake, not Andrew's. "And I asked if I could see you in private. Clearly, starting an alarm was the best thing to do." He also realized another thing, and continued.

"There might have been two of them, Nicole and Aria were supposed to head out together."

With me, but no one needs to know that detail.

"So I'd say Prometheus probably knows by now. Which means the whole group knows, and they think you might be a bad guy." Andrew was having some sort of fun now. Even if he was going to get mauled half to death by a pissed off Prometheus. Still, provided Apollo was still committed to "helping", Andrew had to make sure he had results in all of this, or he would be responsible for creating a mess with no actual gain.

"As for what you want, it better be worth it. Not to appease me, obviously."

It wasn't his choice. Not at this point, not when it included someone else. As much as the moral thing would be to just say no, it was their choices. "You'll need to have something fairly useful to convince anyone to do anything with or for you. And I don't just mean information, there's is no guarantee you know enough for it to be worth it." Andrew didn't even care if he sounded haughty by now. If Apollo thought he could get away with speaking like that to someone, so could Andrew. Even if the other happened to be a god, and his father. He remained calm the whole time he spoke, tone still having a slight playfulness to it.

"So? Before someone manages to stop the car would probably be preferable. I did ask for your help, and I've already thanked you, so I'm not going to accept something half-hearted either. I'm..."

Everyone is going to be furious.

"Not really in a position to do that."

It was raining simultaneously in three parts of the world, where three identical crones stepped out from wooden doors. Stopped low, with cracked skin and pale eyes, they wrapped themselves in heavy black coats, waiting in the shadow of an alley. Waiting for three very particular people.

As Jon, Toushiro and Prail stepped out in front of their separate alleys, the women quickly grabbed their wrists, muttering an ancient language under their breath. Their grip tightened, and then they vanished, taking the three youths with them.

Toushiro awoke first, followed by Prail and then Jon. They were lying on a bearskin rug, warmed by a nearby fire. The small hut was covered in macabre odds and ends - bones, eyes, snakes and scales, all strung up or in jars. A single old crone sat opposite them in a chair, whose support was made of bones. She smiled sweetly at them, her eyes alive with swirling colours.

Her voice was grating, her breath horrid.

"Finally awake. Well, you still have some time before they come pick you up. Need anything? Get it yourself!"

The car turned abruptly, and with surprising sharpness considering that it was a limo. It had already been steadily getting away from Nicole as even as fast as she could run she couldn't keep up with a car. She gritted her teeth, not going to let you get away. Her wings manifested invisibly behind her pushing herself faster with the new strength they granted and using them to keep herself balanced as she made the turn after the limo, though for the most part she kept them folded behind her to not slow herself down.

Behind her she vaguely noticed the van starting to move, looks like Aria told everyone the news,she thought, good. That said given the abrupt turn it seemed like the driver of the car had noticed her and was trying to lose her. Less good, after all even with the new burst of speed she couldn't match the pace of a car.

Vera was a little surprised when Prometheus returned so soon after leaving; dragging Steven and and Aria with him. Apparently something had happened and, judging by Prometheus's words, it had to do with one or more of their group and - more than likely - another god.

And Vera wasn't going to let this become a repeat of last time.

She unbuckled her seat-belt, opened the nearest window, and pushed her head through. From there, she could see Nicole, wings spread, chasing after a car. It didn't take a genius to figure out something was going on in that car the rest of us wouldn't approve of. So, Vera transformed; taking wind shape.

She flowed free of the van as quickly as she could then slamming down on the vehicle with all the force she could generate; hoping to break something vital and stop the car.

Steven held on tight, getting a seatbelt on. He managed to put his foot on the shotgun as it fell pass as the RV sped along. He held it close, glad it was unloaded as it bounced around. However, thinking about that...

"Does anyone see the shotgun shells?" Steven said, looking around, wondering where Remus had put the rest of them.

"Finally awake. Well, you still have some time before they come pick you up. Need anything? Get it yourself!"

"I know what I need" Jonathan grunted as he sat up from the rug, his attention fixed on the old hag in front of him "I need you to bend over..." he spat , his anger clearly rising as the seconds ticked by "bend over...so I can ram my foot...up your wrinkle hole!".

In any other situation, Jonathan would have surely thrown another request the old hag's way along with a swift punch to the guts. But a combination of barely contained anger and the after effects of the teleportation had fused together to form a rather nasty headache, which was busy pounding away within Jonathan's head.

The increasing pain made Jonathan simple grit his teeth after his outburst and with his head his hand he grunted towards the hag "You better have a good reason for this" he then glanced to his side finally noticing the other two occupants of the rug "And who in the hell might you two be?".

As the RV speed after the limo Aria got out of her seat and stood between the front seats "I don't know whats going on, all I know is when we caught up to him he was getting into the car with 'Apollo', and they left before we could find out whats going on." Aria said as she heard a window open and Vera take off in wind form "I sincerely hope we're just over reacting ..." she added as she waited for her chance to strike. She had her own plan already for stopping the car, far less subtle, but it'd get the job done, they just needed to be closer.

Kyoto, Japan

It was raining when Toushiro left the apartment he and his mother shared. In hindsight, he should have brought an umbrella along, but his defense, he was a bit caught up in his own thoughts. You see, today was his 18th birthday, and only a few years back on this very day, his life got a lot more complicated...

-----
Two Years Ago
-----
It was on a day like any other that Shiro's life changed. On this day, he was heading home from school, just like any other day. Today, however, as he exited the elevator, he could hear voices coming from down the hall. And they seemed to be coming from... his apartment?

Concerned about his mother, Shiro practically sprinted down the hall, soon reaching the door, which was slightly ajar. Cautiously, he peered through.

"I said no!" His mother's voice shouted, "After you left, I had to raise my son on my own! You can't take him away from me, after you did nothing for him!"

"But I don't want to take him just yet," said a deep, unfamiliar but undeniably male voice. "I only wanted to see him on this, his special day!"

Shiro realized that he was the one they were talking about, and, curiosity getting the better of him, pushed the door open. Both inhabitants turned towards the door as he entered. One of course, was his mother. Yamamoto Suzume shared her son's dark hair and hazel eyes, but where he was tall and broad-shouldered, she was short and slender.

As fir the man... Shiro's school bag slipped from his suddenly numb grasp. The man in front of him was tall, even taller than Shiro himself, with long, wild red hair and an unkempt beard. He was also dressed in Samurai-style armor, and strapped across his back was an extra-long katana.

The giant man smiled, his stormy gray eyes shining. "Well now, you must be Toushiro! My, you look a lot like your mother, but with my build!"

Shiro's mouth opened and closed for a few moments before he finally found his voice. "...Who are you?"

The man's mouth turned into a frown. "You mean you don't know who I am? I thought your mother would have told you about me, your, father."

"F-father?" Shiro couldn't believe it. This man was his father? Then why had he abandoned his mother before he was born?

"No... no way! You can't be my father! Especially a deadbeat who would abandoned his family!"

The man's eyes narrowed. "Be careful of who you speak to, boy, for I am Susanoo, Lord of the Seas and Storms. At Shiro's disbelieving look, he added, "I see you need proof of my divinity? Then behold!"

He raised his hands in the air, and a storm cloud suddenly appeared between them. The air was filled with ozone as it flashed with lighting, and a sudden wind kicked up out of nowhere, blowing loose papers around.

"Stop! Stop!" You've made your point!" Suzume shouted, trying to be heard over the sudden storm.

Susanoo lowered his arms, and the wind stopped before the cloud vanished.

"...Why are you here?" Shiro asked cautiously.

"I have heard rumblings of changes in the future." Susanoo told them, "But I don't know when. So I chose to come to warn you."

"...But, why me?"

"You have inherited my traits than you can use to protect yourself and the ones you care about, but to help you on your way, I bring with me a gift."

Susanoo placed his meaty palms together, slowly pulling them apart to reveal another sheathed katana between the. "Take it, my son, this is my gift to you."

Cautiously, Shiro reached forward and picked up the sheathed sword from Susanoo - his father's - hands. It felt... right, somehow.

"This sword is named Hakura. I had it specially made for you in case you ever need it. I feel a change coming soon, Toushiro, and I want you to be prepared for the day it finally comes." He turned his gaze on Shiro's mother, "I truly am sorry, Suzume, for not being away for so long, but I hope to at least make up with it with a gift... and a warning."

He put a hand on Shiro's forehead. "Don't forget, you must be ready for when danger comes. Be safe... my son."

And then he was gone in a flash of lighting and a rumble of thunder.

------

Shiro was so lost in his thoughts he didn't see the old woman step out of the alleyway until she grabbed his wrists and began muttering something in another language.

"Ore...?!" Was all he managed to get out before everything went black...

---

When Shiro came to, he found himself in a cabin filled with a variety of odds and ends, lying next to a boy and girl about his own age. And sitting in front of them (in a chair that looked suspiciously like it was made of bones) was the old woman who must have brought them here.

Shiro blinked. The woman was speaking English, he he could at least understand, having taken some English classes in school. He had learned enough to get by (intending to study abroad after graduating), but he didn't realize he'd be using it so soon.

The other boy sat up, glaring at the old woman. "I know what I need! I need you to bend over... bend over...so I can ram my foot...up your wrinkle hole!. You better have a good reason for this..." And who in the hell might you two be?". He asked of the other two.

Not wanting to agitate the hothead anymore, Shiro hurried to respond. "Konnichiwa. Boku wa...um... Hello, my name is Yamamoto Toushiro, but you can call me Shiro for short. Nice to meet you."

The city had been a mistake, but they always were weren't they. Seriously what was Prail even doing in an alley way? But her uncharacteristic behaviours aside she was enjoying pretending to be asleep. She hadn't got enjoy a pelt this fine for a long time. Still eventually she forced herself up, the first thing she noticed was the crone. Now most people who touch Prail without her consent don't last very long and it was pretty stupid of the crone not to confiscate her captive's halberd, stupid enough in fact to peak Prail's curiosity which might even have saved her, maybe the decision wasn't stupid after all.

Then there were two men, one being very rude "You'd do well not to make threats, if she was able to kidnap you as easily as she has me then I doubt pissing her off is going to accomplish anything."

Prail stood up moving over to collect her weapon. Keeping her eyes peeled as she wasn't naive enough to assume a weapon not being visibly protected meant it was hers for the taking. Part of her was already wanting to let the blood flow.

If you looked closly you'd see that side peeking out through a slight glow in her eyes, but no not this time she kept that part of her down. After all the crone was clearly in the know about something Prail was oblivious to so and the potential for information quelled her a little.

She addressed the crone.

"Is there a need for secrecy? If you fill in the details we may actually want to help without you and we'll be easier to keep if we're willing."

Apollo narrowed his gaze. His son had matched his ploy with a mixture of tactful deduction and headstrong arrogance - he wasn't foolish, but Apollo knew Andrew was well aware who held power in this transaction.

Still, the God was somewhat impressed. Andrew had shown more tenacity than his other son. Perhaps he was travelling with the wrong kid...

"Alright, Andrew. But know that this is not indicative of my alignment, nor will it be repeated again."

From inside his lapel he produced a small glass vial. The liquid inside was golden, like honey, but glowed like soft fire.

Marvelling in its beauty, Apollo mused.

"Ambrosia - the drink of the Gods. Not enough for immortality, but enough to bring someone back from the brink, so to speak."

Breaking the vial in his hand, he reached over and let the firery liquid drip onto Andrews hands. It burnt like fire, but left no scar, and seeped into his skin. Andrew realized that it was not a drink, but knowledge - a vast world of intricate and precise biological reactions opened up in Andrews mind like a flower.

Asclepius spoke, watching in the rear view mirror.

"Ambrosia is tricky. Its powerful, but works as an exchange. Your power for theirs. It takes some while to recover from, at least, until you get stronger. If you get stronger."

Apollo nodded and began negotiating once more.

"As to my payment. All I ask is one night with one of your friends. I don't mind whom, though not the one that belongs to the Celt - he's off limits for me. Just one night, like a date, no pro-"

Vera slammed down on the car, causing it to screech and splutter to a stop. Asclepius quickly got out and drew a pistol from his belt. Nicole caught up just as the car stopped.

Apollo stepped out and met her gaze. His eyes commanded admiration from her - his visage beautiful yet somewhat...empty.

"Can I help you?"

--------------------------------------------

Prometheus brought the van to a screeching halt down the road from the immobilized car. He didn't want to risk the only transport they had.

"Forget the shells, go get Andrew!"

The Titan opened the door and sat in the drivers seat. He had no wish of talking to Apollo, let alone negotiating anything, let alone fighting him. Looking between the God and the Titans passengers, he swore.

"Fuck it, let's go."

Climbing out, he started walking towards the God, shield bobbing at his side.

----------------------------------------------

The crone laughed hysterically at the celts threat. Her eyes livened and she genuinely smiled, clearly entertained.

"I like you! You've got chutzpah! I hope you don't die first."

Putting her hand out, a pair of knitting needles and a ball of wool rolled towards her. The wool was white, but changed colour as she knit. Looking down at Prail, she huffed.

"I'm not being secretive. I have taken you as I owe Hermes a favour, and you're going with some pious Titan to stop the drunk Greek from committing genocide on order of Zeus. Plain and simple. Now be a dear and wait patiently."

She settled back into her chair, knitting at impossible speeds, the long scarf slithering at her feet like a snake.

the second the door flung open on the RV, Aria vanished and appeared on the hood of the car behind the driver "Drop.The.Gun." Aria said in a tone that said 'I will kill you if you don't comply', to further back this she had a charged shot aimed at his head if he made any sudden moves. "You alright in there Andrew? They didn't hurt you or anything did they?"

Nicole slowed her pace rapidly, her wings spreading out to act as brakes, still invisible. Apollo stepped out of the car, seemingly undisturbed by his car being brought to such a sudden halt and by the pursuit, though his driver seemed much more upset about things, even drawing a gun. His gaze met hers and she felt a shiver run down her spine, various stories and bits of information she had read about Apollo coming to mind. Those didn't matter right now though.

"Can I help you?"

Nicole heard Prometheus approaching from behind as well, but Apollo seemed to be non-hostile and she didn't want to piss him off. Prometheus didn't seem to care, given how he was talking he didn't seem to like Apollo very much.

"Uh, sorry," she said catching her breath from the run "I just saw you and Andrew take off in the car and I didn't know what to think."

She glanced behind her at the others, she still didn't know what Apollo wanted with Andrew or why he was even here but she would rather give the benefit of the doubt than attack a god who might be on their side.

"You alright in there Andrew? They didn't hurt you or anything did they?"

Nicole turned to see Aria threatening the driver and asking if Andrew was alright, she turned back to Apollo and looked past him, leaning over to look in the van. Andrew didn't look hurt as far as she could tell, though she couldn't see too much inside the van.

"Andrew? You going to come out?" she said, leaning back up to face Apollo "Why are you here?" she asked, trying to sound curious rather than rude "Are you on our side?"

Apollo narrowed his eyes as Andrew spoke, but he didn't react as badly as Andrew had expected him to.

"Alright, Andrew. But know that this is not indicative of my alignment, nor will it be repeated again."

At least now we're getting somewhere.

Andrew looked at the vial Apollo brought up, the liquid in it was golden in color, somehow glowing.

"Ambrosia - the drink of the Gods. Not enough for immortality, but enough to bring someone back from the brink, so to speak."

It can?

So, it was some sort of potion? That would come in handy, if it really was a drink that could bring someone back from near death, or even beyond. Or so Andrew assumed, until Apollo broke the vial and dripped the liquid on his hands. It was burning, terribly so, but before Andrew got the chance to remove his hands, he realized that it wasn't bad. Somehow, it wasn't hurting his hands, nor giving him scars, the burning sensation was nothing but an odd side effect.

"Ambrosia is tricky. Its powerful, but works as an exchange. Your power for theirs. It takes some while to recover from, at least, until you get stronger. If you get stronger."

As Asclepius spoke, Andrew could feel the effects of it on his mind, giving him knowledge of something he didn't even think was possible. It left him feeling more than a little distant, he could clearly hear the others speaking, but his attention was divided.

"I understand."

"As to my payment. All I ask is one night with one of your friends. I don't mind whom, though not the one that belongs to the Celt - he's off limits for me. Just one night, like a date, no pro-"

"You alright in there Andrew? They didn't hurt you or anything did they?"

"Andrew? You going to come out?"

"Considering I asked Apollo to come, I'm not going to come out before I'm done with this whole thing. And yes, I'm just dandy." Andrew said, as the two women spoke, apparently being convinced he was in danger. Only natural to assume, he knew that. The reason he was being somewhat rude was because them appearing this suddenly, and Apollo giving his part of the deal without him doing anything, Andrew would have to ask them to go on a date with Apollo. Not to mention, he was still feeling the Ambrosia taking effect, it was sort of a numb feeling in his mind, the knowledge he had received was... different.

Wonderful.

Andrew made sure to say the next thing with a mix of maturity, slight humbleness, and using part of his charm, making him sound more agreeable than he would if he had just said it coldly. Not to mention, it made it feel less like he was helping his father hook up with his teammates.

"So. Would any of you two consider spending a night with Apollo? I will obviously not force you to say yes, nor will I judge you if you do say no, but it would benefit our cause."

And I sort of already received part, if not all of our deal.

Apollo had not expressed any intent on giving him information as well, which might prove troublesome, but this was already a large amount of power, even if there would be large trade-off when using it. Besides, Andrew could sense that he had already gotten to the place where demands could prove too risky.

Can he take it back? What happens if he can't, and no one wants to do him?

"It would be something like a date. And yes, I'm not thrilled to have to be the one to ask you, but I figured I might as well ask you now, to get it out of the way. He already gave me the power before I got to know the price, it's basically the ability to bring someone back from the "brink"."

Andrew decided to use the same wording as Apollo had done, not feeling like explaining the power further. He spotted Prometheus approaching, and glanced at Apollo, unsure of if he should leave to explain the situation to the titan, or stay there until the deal was through. He decided to stay, but said, voice loud enough for Prometheus to hear: "I'm fine, I asked Apollo to come, and I'd rather discuss things later."

"Considering I asked Apollo to come, I'm not going to come out before I'm done with this whole thing. And yes, I'm just dandy."

This was good to hear, though Andrew looked rather off for some reason, still knowing why Apollo was here did ease her suspicions a great deal. Then Andrew composed himself and spoke again, and it became rather clear why he had seemed off a moment ago.

"It would be something like a date. And yes, I'm not thrilled to have to be the one to ask you, but I figured I might as well ask you now, to get it out of the way. He already gave me the power before I got to know the price, it's basically the ability to bring someone back from the "brink"."

"I'll do it," Nicole said, after a moment of hesitation. He did say like a date, so I can't be sure of anything, though I think I know what to expect. Something like that sounded like it might have been able to save Remus and Able, and who knew how many it could save in the future. I promised myself that I wouldn't let anyone else die, not if I could help it, so this is a small price to pay.

Of course she couldn't know that for certain, she couldn't even be sure that doing this would help with her feelings of guilt or if the power would ever even be used. But she knew that she wouldn't be able to forgive herself if she didn't take the chance, and they ended up needing something they didn't have. Besides she would rather it be her than any of the others, she would be able to stand spending time with a god better than Vera or Aria certainly, and Etna, well she wasn't sure how well Etna would handle it but she got the feeling that she might try to stab Apollo.

"So... when will the date be?" Nicole asked, looking back and forth between Apollo and Andrew. She wondered if anyone had expected someone to volunteer so quickly.

Steven signed and follow Prometheus out of the RV with the empty shotgun. Hopefully whatever it was wouldn't call his bluff.

"Drop.The.Gun."

Steven saw Aria threatening a man... god...? Armed with a handgun. He raised the shotgun towards... whatever it was.
'
"Drop the gun, turn around, and put your hands on the car!" Steven said in a very harsh tone.

"Considering I asked Apollo to come, I'm not going to come out before I'm done with this whole thing. And yes, I'm just dandy."

Aria powered her attack down. "Next time your expecting a guest, share with the group." her tone was rather irate, naturally after thinking he was in danger but wasn't because he didn't feel like sharing. she then turned to the drive "My apologies for the threat"

"So. Would any of you two consider spending a night with Apollo? I will obviously not force you to say yes, nor will I judge you if you do say no, but it would benefit our cause. It would be something like a date. And yes, I'm not thrilled to have to be the one to ask you, but I figured I might as well ask you now, to get it out of the way. He already gave me the power before I got to know the price, it's basically the ability to bring someone back from the "brink"."

"I'll do it,"

"HOLD IT!!! Time the fuck out! No one is doing anything with anyone." Aria said, or shouted rather, then 'ported her self between Nicole, and Apollo and Andrew, who was now firmly on her shit list "First off" pointing at Andrew "Who the hell do you think you are to agree to those kinds of terms? In what world do you live in where whoring off the female members of the group is acceptable?! Especially since YOUR the one who asked for help, it should be your as footing the bill not us."

Aria then turn her gaze to Apollo "Your just disgusting for even asking for that."

"I'll do it,"

Figures... wait. What?

Andrew hadn't expected the very first reply he got to be yes. He glanced at Nicole, she had probably been the closest to Able and Remus, was she letting her sorrow and guilt cloud her judgement?

Then again. It's her choice, and she did seem very intent on making sure no more people died.

In the end, it was her choice.

"So... when will the date be?"

... or she could be thinking that Apollo was just very handsome, and wanted to go on a date with him. After hearing her say it like that, and then glancing between him and Apollo, it kind of seemed like a mix of the two.

At least it wouldn't be that off, in that case.

"Drop the gun, turn around, and put your hands on the car!"

I probably should ignore that.

Andrew was starting to feel bad for Asclepius, first threatened by Aria, and now Steven, but speaking would probably just make it worse. Besides, right afterwards, Aria spoke. Actually, it was definitely more like yelling.

"HOLD IT!!! Time the fuck out! No one is doing anything with anyone."

Aria sounded more than a little annoyed, and Andrew supposed he could see why. Still, he couldn't help but frown when she pointed at him.

"First off. Who the hell do you think you are to agree to those kinds of terms? In what world do you live in where whoring off the female members of the group is acceptable?! Especially since YOUR the one who asked for help, it should be your as footing the bill not us."

She has some good points. I wouldn't do this if I didn't think it was necessary, however.

"I didn't know about the terms before the power was already given to me, and I have no intention of whoring off anyone. I told you, you could easily say no, I wasn't even counting on anyone agreeing. Honestly, I was just not depriving you of the choice, refusing instantly would make it so that none of you had any say in it. Do you honestly think Nicole would have said yes if she didn't think it was worth it? As for me taking care of the cost, I didn't come up with the terms, and if none of you had wanted to, I'd end up not accepting them. I just figured you'd want to choose for yourselves. If I could, I would pay it myself, although certainly not this way."

Aria protested practically the moment Nicole finished talking, yelling at Apollo and Andrew. I should have expected something like this I suppose, but it's my choice, it might not be a situation I like very much but I'd never forgive myself if I didn't do this, and we ended up needing the power. She did feel somewhat grateful that Aria was trying to be defensive of her, and offended at the situation, but she had already made her choice.

"You're just disgusting for even asking for that."

That Nicole could certainly agree with though, Apollo certainly wasn't going out of his way to endear himself to the group. Quite the opposite even, but she had already made her choice to put up with it.

"Do you honestly think Nicole would have said yes if she didn't think it was worth it? As for me taking care of the cost, I didn't come up with the terms, and if none of you had wanted to, I'd end up not accepting them. I just figured you'd want to choose for yourselves. If I could, I would pay it myself, although certainly not this way."

Andrew defended himself well, and while she felt that he should have told them that he had asked Apollo to come, or let them know when he did rather than running off with him in the car immediately, she knew this wasn't his fault. She might not like the price that Apollo was asking, but it wasn't Andrew's fault what that price was, or that it hadn't been asked of him.

"Aria, it's okay," she said calmly "It's my choice, and it's not Andrew's fault what the price is."

"I like you! You've got chutzpah! I hope you don't die first."

"As somebody who looks like they're going to drop dead at any minute, am not sure you should be talking to me about death you old bat" Jonathan spoke practically snarling at the old hag. His headache had begun to subside but by at this point it only served as an introduction to his already rising anger.

This increase of rather volatile rage owed itself to not only the hag's snarky comment, but also the words of one of the other abductees' who was busying trying to arm herself. must only feel safe with a weapon in her hand...bloody wimp Jonathan thought as he tried his best to subdue the need to greet her to his left fist, his anger with her quite clearly visible.

"Konnichiwa. Boku wa...um... Hello, my name is Yamamoto Toushiro, but you can call me Shiro for short. Nice to meet you."

Jonathan didn't really want to respond to the Jap looking kid, his introduction wreaked of nervousness and he wasn't much to look at. But for the sake of manners and not wanting the kid to mess himself, he managed a simple reply. "Jonathan Kane...or Kane...whatever is easiest for yeah...O and never call me Jon...I'll break your legs if you do...just a friendly heads up".

"I have taken you as I owe Hermes a favour, and you're going with some pious Titan to stop the drunk Greek from committing genocide on order of Zeus"

"So this is why you brought me here, to help some pansy ass titan deal with a genocidal drunk. Great, next you'll be telling us he travels in a brightly coloured van and seeks aid from a bunch of fucking teenagers". Jonathan spoke nearly exploding with rage "See when this pansy arrives hag; point him out to me...so I can kick him square in his spuds!".

"Jonathan Kane...or Kane...whatever is easiest for yeah...O and never call me Jon...I'll break your legs if you do...just a friendly heads up".

Shiro nodded. "Hello, Kane-san, nice to meet you." His mother had always taught him to be polite to new people... and he really didn't want to tick this guy off. Instead, he watched as the old crone began to knit, the fact that the wool changed color did not escape his attention.

"I'm not being secretive. I have taken you as I owe Hermes a favour, and you're going with some pious Titan to stop the drunk Greek from committing genocide on order of Zeus. Plain and simple. Now be a dear and wait patiently."

"Wait, who's coming to get us?" She mentioned Greek gods, so they existed like his father did? Talk about confusing...

She'd made it, the crone hadn't stopped her which wasn't as reassuring as Prail would have liked.

"I'm not being secretive. I have taken you as I owe Hermes a favour, and you're going with some pious Titan to stop
the drunk Greek from committing genocide on order of Zeus. Plain and simple. Now be a dear and wait patiently."

Now that changed things, did they know who she was? If they Greeks wanted her help, well that was just dandy wasn't it.
"This guy must be bad then, didn't think we parted on a good note last time and now they need my help." She wasn't talking to anyone in particular. There was someone in the room she hadn't spoken too.

"Wait, who's coming to get us?"

"Good question. Hello by the way."

It was refreshing to talk to someone who didn't want to fight her. She could smell the hostility in the air, hear the drumming heart. Someone had anger issues, not that she couldn't empathise.

Her blood lust was somewhat sated, or more accurately preoccupied with bigger things. The plan was sketchy but it was a chance and she had to take it.

"I didn't know about the terms before the power was already given to me, and I have no intention of whoring off anyone. I told you, you could easily say no, I wasn't even counting on anyone agreeing. Honestly, I was just not depriving you of the choice, refusing instantly would make it so that none of you had any say in it. Do you honestly think Nicole would have said yes if she didn't think it was worth it? As for me taking care of the cost, I didn't come up with the terms, and if none of you had wanted to, I'd end up not accepting them. I just figured you'd want to choose for yourselves. If I could, I would pay it myself, although certainly not this way."

Andrew defended him self well, but it still rubbed her the wrong way, more so at the 'I didn't know what the terms where before the power was give', this got her to shoot a very point and hate filled glare at Apollo.

"Aria, it's okay, It's my choice, and it's not Andrew's fault what the price is." Nicole said calmly to her.

"It's not 'okay', even if you are choosing to go along with it, it's still bull shit" and with that, Aria stormed back to the RV, very much 'done' with this, but mostly she was removing her self before she made the situation worse.

Asclepius was confronted by both Aria and Steven, yet the former quickly broke into an argument with another girl, before sto ping back to the van. Clearly she didn't see him as much of s threat. The other still had his gun trained on him and yelled his commands.

Asclepius smiled and met Stevens gaze, speaking without a care in the world.

"Uh. No. I'm going to go find another car, seeing as you people totalled ours."

Holstering his gun, he began to walk away, only to turn and frown. There was something on the car, holding it down. Reaching into the air, his hand glowed, and he snatched Vera, in her normal form, from the air. Setting her down beside him, he bowed his head, smiled, and walked away whistling.

---------------------------------------------

Apollo frowned at Aria's remark. Visibly hurt, he was quick to defend himself.

"Disgusting? I offer you the gift of Ambrosia in exchange for one date. And Andrew is not -"

He spun to meet Nicole. She was not like the usual women he enjoyed, ranging from the truly exotic to world-famous supermodels. He found her, physically, quite plain; short black air, rather nice blue eyes; good shape though. But it was not often he could take out a Nephilim.

"Whoring anyone out. I don't want sex, just a nice date. Is that so much to ask?"

Stepping forward to meet Nicole, he bowed deeply and kissed her hand lightly.

"Lovely to meet you, Nicole. I've heard a lot about you. I'll come and pick you up at sunset, and I'll have you back at sunrise. Right here. Is that alright?"

His tone was earnest and friendly, and the contact with his hand made Nicole feel somewhat light and airy.

-----------------------------------------

Prometheus approached as Aria left, storming away. He frowned and spun her by the shoulder.

"Hey, where are you going? What's happening?"

He saw a distinct lack of combat around the car, which was a good sign, though he sincerely hoped their talk was friendly. Or did he?

He saw Nicole, Steven, a recently materialized Vera and Andrew all swarmed on Apollo.

"Andrew..."

---------------------------------------------

The crone huffed and spoke once more, continuously knitting. The Celt was beginning to get on her nerves, and the young girl seemed lost in her own head. She addressed Shirk, who appeared to be the most sensible.

"I don't know! I don't know who's coming to get you, where you're going, who they're with or why they need you! I am just the messenger, and you are the package."

Speaking now to Prail, without shifting her gaze, she chuckled.

"If you hit me with that thing I promise you, you won't get it back!"

A tea kettle set itself alight in the kitchen and began to whistle, before pouring itself into a wooden mug, and floating eerily over.

The cup tipped itself into her waiting mouth, her hands still knitting. Looking at the three, she grinned.

"Welcome to real life. When you're needed, you're needed."

"Hey, where are you going? What's happening?"

"Nothings 'happened', Andrew asked Apollo here, apart from that, Apollo him self is an asshole. Go ask Nicole whats going on, she's the one paying for Andrew's 'upgrade'." Aria snapped, rolling her shoulder to get Prometheus's hand off her. Aria simply climbed into the RV and lay down on the couch, already 'done' with today.

Apollo reacted with surprising offense at Aria's statements, defending himself and Andrew. He seemed almost appalled at the notion that his intentions were anything less than gentlemanly.

"Whoring anyone out. I don't want sex, just a nice date. Is that so much to ask?"

This statement of his was rather reassuring though, and she felt herself relax somewhat, although she hadn't been aware she was as tense as she had been. Then Apollo did something quite unexpected, bowing to her and kissing her hand, sending a tingling sensation through her. I can certainly think of worse things than a date with Apollo I suppose, Nicole thought to herself, though she reminded herself that Apollo could still easily have intentions beyond those he expressed.

"Lovely to meet you, Nicole. I've heard a lot about you. I'll come and pick you up at sunset, and I'll have you back at sunrise. Right here. Is that alright?"

He has? Who from, Andrew, my mom? He is a prophetic deity so who knows. She nodded though, regardless of Apollo's motives it would be best to have the date out of the way sooner rather than later. It'll probably be nice to get away from all this even, regardless of the circumstances, she caught herself thinking, at the very least hopefully it won't be as bad as Andrew was making it sound.

"Yeah, that should work," Nicole replied, sounding a bit confused and surprised "I'll see you then."

"Disgusting? I offer you the gift of Ambrosia in exchange for one date. And Andrew is not -"

At that moment, Apollo took the chance to examine Nicole, taking a break in the middle of a sentence. From the tone of his voice, it was obvious that the god was trying to trick them, at least, it made sense that he was.

Whoring anyone out. I don't want sex, just a nice date. Is that so much to ask?"

I don't believe that.

However, did he want to say that aloud? Not only would insulting Apollo probably not work out well, but if the others believed the god, if only slightly so, that'd make the whole situation a little better, right? If they all were oblivious to how Apollo really was, then... perhaps it'd be less negative.

I don't know. I honestly have no idea.

Andrew would have preferred honesty. However, when dealing with other people, those with more emotions, something like this might be better. Apollo continued, addressing Nicole this time, telling her he would pick her up at sunset, and give her back on sunrise. Andrew couldn't help but frown, especially considering the fact that Apollo seemed to have heard about Nicole, and exited through the door on the opposite side of the whole conversation.

"Andrew..."

He heard Prometheus say. Andrew couldn't tell if the titan was mad or not, but now, with Apollo occupied, apparently done with deals and busy flirting, Andrew might as well take the chance to explain his actions to Prometheus, make him see what he had been thinking.

Who am I kidding?

He asked himself, as he walked over to the titan, leaving a couple of feet between them as a distance. If Prometheus really was still mad, then that might leave Andrew some time to act.

I'm just going to be twisting my words and intentions.

"You told me I could be the emissary," he started, giving off a mixed feeling made of pride, responsibility, empathy, and a slight guilt. Honestly, it wasn't one that worked out well, and Andrew found himself wanting to neglect it the moment he started speaking. However, he just continued, voice gradually turning colder, rather than less, which would have been preferable.

"I wasn't aware of that I couldn't do something on my own. Telling everyone what I was intending to do would just have cause you to oppose it, or try to interfere. I thought this was something worth doing, so I put myself at risk, and I didn't want you to become involved in that." By now, he sounded hardly convincing. Why was he finding it so hard to lie right now?

"I managed to get something out of it, a powerful power, if one that needs to be used with care. Ambrosia, the liquid, Apollo gave me some of that. Not enough to make me immortal, but enough. I..." Andrew frowned. "I didn't know he would give me the payment before asking for the cost. Now he's going to take Nicole out on a date, one night, she agreed to it. I..." he stopped completely, just examined Prometheus. This wasn't going to fool him, not at all. Not anyone. Not to mention, Andrew had been speaking the truth this time, why was he having such difficulties? Or even, why was he still trying to lie in the first place?

"Will it help if I say I'm sorry?"

Through all of the chaos, Etna stayed - or rather, hid herself - in the RV. She was ever conscious of the weight in her hand, even now she clung onto that damn dagger.

'Annoying Andrew.' That was her only thought on the matter.

The Celtic cynic saw no need to get involved since the others were already running around after him, no to mention her reluctance to do so. If he wanted to run away, or whatever, that was up to him. It would at least make the whole experience less torturous.

Now that was a funny way to describe it.

Ever since the event, Etna had gone over it again and again, telling herself that it was justified. She just wanted to let go of the banshee's dagger, but where to put it? She definitely needed a sheath or something.

After all, simply placing it in her belt was a sure-fire to get herself stabbed.

Etna wandered over to the RV's kitchen and found some cereal, scissors, and some tape. Using those three things, she created a rather makeshift sheath for the dagger.

It would do, for now.

As Nicole offered to go on a date, Vera - still stuck in wind form - could only vibrate the air to show her disapproval. Whatever Apollo's gift or his intentions, it was an unnecessary and significant risk. How could they know Apollo wasn't out to kill them? For all they knew, he was trying to divide the group and kill them 1 by 1. Maybe he had some way to turn Nicole against them - he was a god after all. Even if he wasn't sinister, who knew what he had planned for Nicole. After all, no matter what he said, the Greek gods weren't exactly known for their sexual restraint.

It was because she was thinking these thoughts that she failed to notice the driver make his way over to her; not that she was going to pay much attention anyway. After all, she was in wind form where little could hurt her. A moment later, he'd somehow reached out and "pulled" her out of the wind; as little sense as that made.

needless to say, this left her dumbstruck. How had he done that?

Steven turned to Apollo. The shotgun was pointed straight at the God's face.

"Do not take that deal," Steven said, really wishing he could pull the trigger right now, "Spend even a minute with alone, and you will find yourself in my position."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked