Children of the Gods: Arc 2 [Game/Closed]

Pages PREV 1 . . . 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 . . . 57 NEXT

Apollo bowed his head at Nicole, a small smile on his lips.

"Wonderful. I'll see you then."

He turned to leave and follow Asclepius, but was faced with the barrell of Steven's shotgun. Reaching over, he pressed down on Stevens finger, the trigger firing, with no effect. Apollo smiled and spoke, lowering the gun with his hand.

"A word of caution. Dont try to negotiate after a deal has been struck, and dont threaten a God, alone, with a gun. Especially one that is empty.""

Walking to Andrew, he saw Asclepius pull up in a rather rickety, red sedan. Sighing, he spoke to Andrew alone, puling him away from the Titan with a wink to Prometheus, keeping his voice down. He placed a small phone in Andrews hand, closing his fist around it.

"If you ever want out, call me. Things are going to get very bad, Andrew. I am your father - I will come and get you. No questions. Your friends, the Titan; they can't save you if they fail."

Stepping back from Andrew, he nodded. Nothing more needed to be said. As Apollo stepped into the car, he grinned and laughed.

"Oh and Andrew. I'm rooting for you!"

As they drove away, Asclepius kept his eyes on Vera, watching her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prometheus listened to Andrew with an increasingly sour expression. He was about to speak when the youth was tugged away from him by Apollo. When Andrew returned, the Titan spoke only four words. His face was contorted into rage, yet his eyes lacked any passion. Prometheus was simply disappointed. Andrew risked the lives of many, without any consultation, and had inadvertantly sold off Nicole as a harlot.

"Get in the van."

He rounded up the others silently, everyone taking a seat in the van. He addressed them from the couch, rubbing his temples in frustration. He had found a few shotgun shells that he handed to Steven, rolling them across the table.

"Please, nobody repeat Andrews stunt. There's no way of knowing who is on our side, and it places us all in danger. I have some good news though. We're off to pick up some help - I have it on good authority that whatever it is will help turn the tide somewhat. Someone explain to me exactly what is going on while I drive."

Prometheus returned to the drivers seat and started driving, heading away from the town and onto a small dirt road.

Prometheus was about to speak, but Andrew was quickly pulled away by Apollo, and the god handed him a phone. Andrew put it in his pocket, as Apollo spoke.

"If you ever want out, call me. Things are going to get very bad, Andrew. I am your father - I will come and get you. No questions. Your friends, the Titan; they can't save you if they fail."

Andrew nodded, he wasn't sure how else to react. This was... he wasn't sure what to make of it. Was Apollo speaking the truth this time? He realized that he might be the very same, hard to read not only because of his skills when it came to lying, but because one had no way of knowing what the true state of mind was.

"Oh and Andrew. I'm rooting for you!"

Still, when Apollo laughed, smiling, Andrew felt a slight warmth inside. He supposed, even if it was only a guise, he wanted it to be true. When Apollo and Asclepius had driven away, he walked back to Prometheus, who looked very disappointed.

"Get in the van."

Andrew supposed that affected his state of mind as well, he hadn't thought Prometheus would go without yelling at him, or telling him what to do. For a very short moment, he questioned his actions, feeling some sort of shame and guilt for something else than the fact that Nicole had chosen to go with out Apollo as payment. Then, Prometheus spoke again.

"Please, nobody repeat Andrews stunt. There's no way of knowing who is on our side, and it places us all in danger. I have some good news though. We're off to pick up some help - I have it on good authority that whatever it is will help turn the tide somewhat. Someone explain to me exactly what is going on while I drive."

"Oh. So you have contacted someone, who you believe can help us, without asking anyone else about it beforehand, nor giving us details to whom this may be? I always figured you had no idea where we were going, or what we were about to do, but I didn't know you were such a self-righteous, hypocritical son of a bitch." Andrew few a cold annoyance as he spoke, and he conveyed the feeling through his words and tone.

"It makes sense, I suppose. It's only fine when you do it, after all, because you still believe I'm trying to get away. Probably even betray you. It's not like everyone so far has known where to find us already, right? We'd need to actually get ambushed for that... wait, we have been. Several times. Do you really think I didn't know of the risks?" He sighed. Andrew wasn't even sure why this annoyed him so much. He probably should be quiet, after all, he had gotten Nicole into an... odd, possibly bad situation. However, he owed Nicole something. Not Prometheus. Andrew sat down in the passenger seat, not looking at the titan.

"I would tell you to go to hell, but you already dragged us down there, for little to no reason. I hardly know why I'm doing this anymore, I just... don't want anyone to die. Also, the situation at hand? Nicole will be together with Apollo from sunset to sunrise, one night, and I can save someone on the brink of death now, the cost being that I get their pain and fatigue. If you don't like it, then I'll make sure to remember not to save you."

If Prometheus was going to get upset, so be it. Andrew had placed himself there as a way of showing that he simply did not care anymore. His hand went to his pocket, to the phone Apollo had handed him. He knew he most likely wouldn't call Apollo with it, but he had a couple of calls he had wanted to make, after asking Prometheus whether or not it would be safe to do so.

Nevermind, I suppose.

Steven turned his gun on Apollo, threatening him, goddamn it does he know how to do anything other than wave a gun around? Plumbing I guess.

"Spend even a minute with alone, and you will find yourself in my position."

Nicole began to reply but Apollo acted first, calmly pushing down the trigger, she felt a shiver go through her. The gun wasn't loaded and all the trigger produced was an empty click, but even so Apollo's action was impressive and scary.

"A word of caution. Don't try to negotiate after a deal has been struck, and don't threaten a God, alone, with a gun. Especially one that is empty."

Apollo then turned and walked off, going to speak with Andrew from the look of it. Nicole turned to speak to Steven, annoyed and angry with him. His actions could have easily turned a friendly(ish) god against them, or even simply made Apollo leave and take his gift with him. Though we don't know if he can actually take the power back, but its best not to risk it.

"How many times do I have to say this? It's my choice alright?" she said, pushing past him and heading to the van.

Prometheus said once they were all in the van, Andrew spoke up defending himself well and pointing out the hypocrisy of Prometheus's statements. Nicole sat quietly while Andrew talked then spoke up, she didn't want to get involved in another argument about Andrew's actions.

"How far are we going? I need to be back here by sunset," she said,she still had mixed feeling about what she had agreed to but she had agreed to it and was not about to back out "And don't tell me I shouldn't go, I've made my choice and if Andrew's new power can save lives then it's worth it."

Aria looked up as the other came back into the van and Prometheus gave a blanket statement about not doing what Andrew just did, due to not knowing who can be trusted, then with almost the same breath, told every he'd done just that. Aria sat taken aback by the gall of the hypocrisy, to which Andrew called him out on splendidly. "Andrew has a point, how do you know this contact of yours can still be trusted?" she said, choosing to ignore Nicole's comment, as Aria's opinion on that has been voiced.

"Welcome to real life. When you're needed, you're needed."

"You have my support."

There wasn't much more to say than that. It wasn't that millions if not billions were going to die, it's that a very small percentage of them were her pack. The chance to get close to her nemesis was second in her mind.

She wasn't planning on attacking them, it would be a waste. She slung her spear over her shoulder the, axe head up in case you were wondering.

"So, what are you guys doing here? Considering the company we're supposed to be dealing with I can hardly imagine you guys are just human."

"So, what are you guys doing here? Considering the company we're supposed to be dealing with I can hardly imagine you guys are just human."

Shiro blinked, realizing the girl had spoken up. "Um yeah... I guess you could say that. My dad's Susanoo, god of storms. I take it you're all part god too?" He asked, trying to make light conversation to pass the time.

After all, the crone did mention someone was coming soon, the question was,m what would they be like?

Prometheus drove as he listened to Andrew. It had been a long time since someone had addressed him like so, longer still since he had had his flaws pointed out. He frowned, not out of anger or frustration, but as he came to realize he had become like the other gods.

"Huh. You know, you're absolutely right. I've been assuming I'm infallible this whole trip. I needed to hear that, Andrew."

His tone was more shock than anything. The rant, albeit somewhat vicious, had bored straight through the layers of arrogance that had built up over so many years. The titan felt clean, refreshed. He felt good. He spoke now to Aria.

"I spoke to Hermes on the phone earlier. I know he can be trusted as he's a man...God...of favours. And he owes me. Which means a lot in our world at least."

Prometheus still tussled with the notion that he had been wrong this whole time. It was almost an impossibility, but there it was.

"Andrew, in regards to your earlier statement, I can promise you I know nothing more than the rest of us. I'm only here because I happen to really like people. I don't want more of them to die."

Addressing Nicole now, he nodded. Watching the sun, it was beginning its slow descent from the sky - they had a few hours, but he doubted that was long enough. He didn't want her to be late. Pulling up, he stopped the Van and spoke.

"In that case, perhaps we should wait with you. On the other hand, if we keep Hermes waiting, he might...renege. What do you want to do?"

"In that case, perhaps we should wait with you. On the other hand, if we keep Hermes waiting, he might...renege. What do you want to do?"

Nicole was surprised by the lack of anger in Prometheus's voice, after listening to Andrew's rant the titan seemed to become relaxed and calm rather than offended. It was a rather odd and surprising reaction, and his words after that were also interesting. Good to hear we've got another god on our side, hopefully at least, Hermes is a trickster god so we need to be careful about trusting him.

She thought more on Prometheus's question for her, it's still a bad idea to split the party, but it wouldn't be good to accidentally piss of a potential ally by keeping him waiting. She frowned then reached a decision.

"I can handle myself for a few hours," she said, with some uncertainty "I don't want us to miss out on an ally because of me."

As she spoke she stood up and stepped out of the van, looking back at the town and beginning to walk towards it.

"Good luck," she said "I'll see you all in the morning."

"Huh. You know, you're absolutely right. I've been assuming I'm infallible this whole trip. I needed to hear that, Andrew."

"What?" Andrew replied, surprised. He had expected a lot of reactions, but not that. After all, his attack on Prometheus' personality and actions had more been an attack out of spite than anything else.

Is this a trick?

It didn't sound like it. Not at all. Prometheus' tone sounded... sincere, very much so. More than anything Andrew could manage to do. The titan went on to explain his action.

"I spoke to Hermes on the phone earlier. I know he can be trusted as he's a man...God...of favours. And he owes me. Which means a lot in our world at least."

That's... a lot better than what I had. It's still not that much, but a god of favors have to have some sort of obligation, I suppose. More than what Apollo had.

It made Andrew question just what he thought Apollo would be there for, he had offered a deal, could Andrew really act all surprised and innocent about Apollo wanting a deal? Wasn't that basically what Andrew had asked for?

Even if he asked for something like that, the only reason it went down was because I didn't offer anything better...

"Andrew, in regards to your earlier statement, I can promise you I know nothing more than the rest of us. I'm only here because I happen to really like people. I don't want more of them to die."

"It's fine, I..." he glanced over at Prometheus, trying to spot any sort of sign whatsoever of that the titan was lying, but found none. "I believe you." Andrew's tone wasn't at all the same kind of tone that Prometheus' voice had been. It was still cold, but there was the sound of him believing Prometheus, as well as a trace of humbleness. He had no choice but to, the sudden change had left him somewhat speechless. However, he did find something to say.

"I don't like people, but I'm the same, I'm only here because I don't want more of them to die. It's true. I don't know why, but I just don't want people to die." He didn't know why he felt the need to restate that. Andrew supposed he just wanted Prometheus to believe him on that. No, not only him, everyone else. It would make things easier, after all.

"I can handle myself for a few hours. I don't want us to miss out on an ally because of me."

Nicole stepped out of the car, and started going back to the town. Andrew didn't like the action, Apollo never had specified a certain location to pick her up, so he had assumed Apollo would just pick her up wherever, but really, that was idiotic, now that he actually considered it.

I suppose I really didn't think this through.

"Good luck, I'll see you all in the morning."

Andrew looked towards her. This was troubling. Not to mention, his fault. However, he decided not to stand up and follow her right away, just addressed Prometheus. "Do you want me to stay and wait with her?" he asked. "I know I'm not the right person to go with her, I'm more useful here, where there are more people, and I'm not fit for fighting, but... someone needs to go with Nicole, and it's my fault." He found it odd, admitting aloud to have made a mistake, but that honestly didn't matter now. Someone did need to go with her. And he found it surprisingly easy to say he would do it.

"Welcome to real life. When you're needed, you're needed."

Jonathan just grunted at the hag's statement as he folded his arms and leaned his back against the wall of the cabin.
Even if he wanted to, Jonathan was pretty sure that the hag wouldn't let him go without a fight. Magic was her area of expertise it seemed and although Jonathan was an anger and brutal person, he wasn't stupid. Magic was a dangerous enemy to fight and f violence did break out between him and the hag as he tried to leave. The prospect of getting his bones turned into furniture was enough to make him stay, at least until this titan or whatever finally came.

Personally Jonathan couldn't really give a damn about this mad god or whatever who was going around killing people for the fun of it. It didn't bother him, so why should he give a shit about it? Although he had to admit that if this titan needed help and despite him caring little about the situation, the opportunity to kill a mad god may just be incentive enough for him to lend his aid to the task.

"Take it you're all part god too"?

Jonathan nodded "Am the son of Nemain, Gaelic goddess of war and fury" he then looked over towards the girl and spoke "What about you girl, Care to share your story with the rest of us"?

"Not so much in mine..." Aria said to Prometheus with a sigh as Nicole left, Andrew volunteering to stay behind with her "I'll stay instead, I can teleport remember, I can catch up after, or, since I don't actually know where your going, just chill in town, your just picking something up right? I'll be fine for a few hours."

"What about you girl, Care to share your story with the rest of us?"

"It's a long story and I don't know if there's time just yet. You can call me Prail, and yes I'm part god too, but it's by adoption and that was a long long time ago. I guess if you've anything more specific to ask I should field a few questions."

She'd name drop but the fact she'd have explain who Woden defeated her point, and she wasn't going put her divine dad through that.
"So what can you guys do? Being divine and all."

"So what can you guys do? Being divine and all."

"Well... for starters, I can control the weather." Shiro piped up. "well, okay, not a whole lot, but I can do this."

He snapped his fingers and a tiny cloud poofed into existence above him. "See?"

Suddenly, the cloud turned gray and began raining on him. "...I'm still trying to get the hang of it."

He quickly waved his hands at the cloud to make it dissipate.

"I'd do more," he continued, "But I don't want to mess up Oba-san's house any. He gestured at the old crone as he said this.

"I can handle myself for a few hours," Nicole said, uncertainty in her voice "I don't want us to miss out on an ally because of me."

Vera was about to volunteer to remain with her and shadow her for her date - just to be safe - when Andrew and Aria stepped up first. Vera opened her mouth to speak up, but stopped in her tracks. They couldn't risk splitting the group up too much. She wanted to stay with Aria and Nicole herself, but as Apollo's companion had proven, her powers would be all but meaningless should trouble erupt. When it came down to it, Prometheus needed more people should the potential meeting with allies go south.

So, Vera said "Stay safe" and returned to her seat, where she would no doubt worry about them until they next saw each other.

Steven loaded the shotgun and pocketed the rest of the shells. He didn't want to say anything as the others talked, still pissed at Andrew for almost everything that had happened in the last few days.

"I don't like people, but I'm the same, I'm only here because I don't want more of them to die. It's true. I don't know why, but I just don't want people to die."

Steven turned to Andrew, but didn't say anything. He considered the words, unsure if they are true or not. He shook his head, not wanting to dwell on it.

"I can handle myself for a few hours."

Steven turn to Nicole.

"Just make sure to stay safe," Steven said, throwing her a weak smile.

Prometheus hummed as his eyes flitted between Aria and Andrew. Considering the growing threat, he thought it best not to leave Nicole unguarded. Or any of them.

"Both of you go. We'll be back here when we pick up the goods, so meet us here while Nicole is...away. Nicole, we' l meet you where you left."

As the trio stepped out, he fired up the van, giving them all a friendly nod. The dirt road began to twist and meander, and as they drove Prometheus constantly cursed as he knocked a tree or hit a rock. The road unravelled now into coarse rock and fallen branches; he stopped the van short and got out. Ahead of them, nestled in the trees, was the Crones hut.

Timber and plain, it was supported by strange, steel struts, the like of which the group had never seen. Prometheus took a deep breath and cracked his knuckles.

"I think it best if you folk stay in the van. You know, just in case."

Unsure of how to approach the house, lifted from the air, he paced up to it and rapped on one of the struts. The sound of floorboards groaning moaned through the house, followed by the appearance of three fighres , seemingly dropped from the bottom of the house. Two of them carried weapons, though they seemed more confused than anything.

"Uh. Hello?"

He looked up at the house, frowning. This was not the service he expected.

"Baba Yaga?"

-----------------------------------------------------

The crone was still knitting when she heard the van stop, followed shortly by a few sharp knocks. Grinning, she looked down at the trio, swishing her feet and cackling.

"Well, here's that Titan! So long!"

Clicking her fingers, the floor opened and the youths fell in a heap, to be questioned by a strange, bearded Titan.

Aria waved as the RV left "Welp, guess we better get going" she said as she slid her coat on "So, do you know where we're meting him or he just gonna show up?" Aria asked mostly Nicole, but Andrew as well, wanting to know what the plan was, if there even was one to begin with.

"So, do you know where we're meeting him or he just gonna show up?"

Nicole shrugged and started walking back towards the town "I'm not sure, I figure we'll just hang around where we crashed his limo and hope he shows up there," she said.

She hadn't said anything when they had been volunteering to go with her, not wanting to sway their decisions either way, but she felt enormously grateful. It was good that two were coming, after all that way they wouldn't be left alone when Apollo picked her up, and any more would split the group too much. Really hope nothing happens while I'm gone, or if it does that they can handle it without me.

It didn't seem to Nicole that they'd driven that far, so it wouldn't be hard to get back to town in time. Still she was glad to have company for the walk. She wondered at how exactly Apollo would pick her up, and what the date would entail, could be fun, could be awful. Have to wait and see, though overall Apollo's made a decent impression so far.

"Thanks for volunteering to come with me," she said, glancing back and forth between them.

"Both of you go. We'll be back here when we pick up the goods, so meet us here while Nicole is...away. Nicole, we'll meet you where you left."

Andrew nodded, and exited the van. It didn't take much for him to admit that he wasn't too thrilled about the time he would be spending with Aria afterwards, if only because he'd rather be alone at the moment. Of course, he got the reason for it. He brought the bow and the quiver, but he made sure to put a piece of cloth around it to make it less noticeable. He was already wearing the leather-jacket, and he closed it, following Aria as she started walking. Nicole was already somewhat ahead, but it didn't take long to reach her.

"So, do you know where we're meeting him or he just gonna show up?"

Aria asked, and Nicole replied promptly.

"I'm not sure, I figure we'll just hang around where we crashed his limo and hope he shows up there,"

"Sounds like a plan," Andrew said, glancing over at her. He wondered if she was looking forward to it at all, or just feeling terrible. "If he never shows up, we'll just argue that it was his fault for not stating where he would pick you up." Would that even work?

Perhaps we should just have gone with the van.

However, as Prometheus had said, the gods seemed to take their deals seriously. He had a feeling Apollo wouldn't take too kindly to having his broken because of something like this.

"Thanks for volunteering to come with me,"

Nicole then said. Andrew stopped walking for a slight moment. He had no idea how to respond, but decided not to. Although Nicole had looked at him as well, he figured she wouldn't actually thank him for a single thing. "So, it'll be a while until the sun sets. Should we get supplies when we get there? I don't have the magic credit card, but I do have enough to pay for what we need, provided I get money back later. Besides, when the others come, the stores are likely to be closed, and I don't think we should spend much time around here after picking Nicole up after her meeting with Apollo." Meeting with Apollo. It was one way to word it.

"Of course, if you're not up for that, it's fine. We might want to get something to eat anyhow, if we're waiting a couple of hours, we're probably going to get hungry, if not Nicole, then me and Aria."

"I'm not sure, I figure we'll just hang around where we crashed his limo and hope he shows up there,"

Seemed reasonable enough an idea, it was the last place they saw him, so Aria just nodded in acknowledgement. She still wasn't thrilled with this, it just seemed very wrong to her, something akin to prostitution, but Nicole had been quite firm on her stance and that it was her choice to do this, all Aria could really do at this point was try to watch her back in case this did turn ugly.

"Thanks for volunteering to come with me."

"No problem, We gotta look out for each other right?" Aria asked rhetorically, which was followed by Andrew suggesting they collect the supply's they should have gotten earlier, but didn't, barring that, they go get something to eat. "I'm fine with ether really, but I'd rather not drag Nicole around from store to store before her date, sending her off tired is poor form, even if I do disapprove of this 'date as payment' thing."

"I'm fine with ether really, but I'd rather not drag Nicole around from store to store before her date, sending her off tired is poor form, even if I do disapprove of this 'date as payment' thing."

"You guys should try to pick up some supplies after I'm gone though," Nicole commented "If not to get dinner then to make sure the van is stocked up for our road trip."

She noticed how Andrew stopped walking when she thanked him, I guess he's surprised? Or confused maybe? She wasn't sure if she should comment on it, or what to say if she did so she decided to ignore it for now. At least she could be glad that Andrew and Aria weren't glaring at each other or anything, they hadn't exactly gotten along well in the past after all.

"I'm fine with ether really, but I'd rather not drag Nicole around from store to store before her date, sending her off tired is poor form, even if I do disapprove of this 'date as payment' thing."

"I'm not sure what you were imagining," Andrew commented. "But I can assure you that you won't find a lot of stores in the middle of nowhere like this. The locals pointed me to a couple of stores, one for foods and one I don't know the details about, but that's where we'll find a plunger at least. Besides, we're already sending Nicole off looking like... well. The rest of us. That's hardly any better." Besides, if Nicole was tired, it would decrease the chance of Apollo trying anything.

Who am I kidding. It won't.

He had half a mind to tell Nicole about the way Apollo had been inside the car, when he had been less concerned about looking like a good guy. However, Andrew believed that if Nicole thought well of Apollo and was unaware of how similar to Andrew the god really was, she might see the whole thing as something positive, and remember it fondly.

This is not like with Kirsten, after all. It's just one night.

As much as he had wanted to, he had been unable to fool her, after all. However, for some time, he had been the best boyfriend in the world. And, even as he had slipped up, he had tried to keep that image with all of his might. Perhaps that had made it worse. However, this was different. "Only" one night. Apollo and Nicole would have no time to get to know each other, not truly. If Nicole stayed unaware, Apollo could be the best date she would ever have. Andrew was unsure of what to do, but he decided to keep quiet. He had been unable to alter the deal before, probably mostly because of his own selfishness, but at least he could try to make it seem less... wrong.

Nicole had said something about the whole shopping thing, but Andrew hadn't paid attention. Instead, he replied, a short while after she had spoken, his tone distant and disinterested.

"Yeah. Sure."

Prail took the surprise fall well considering landing kneeling forward with her spear imbedded in the ground. She was quickly up again standing her full height and a little more. It gave her a chance to scan her environment, every sense was bursting. The area was so thickly wooded she could hear the calls of a thousand beasts barely meters from her. Pulling her weapon from the ground she looks the new guy in the face.

"Well, here's that Titan! So long!"

"Titan? Not heard of you." She approached him moving round inspecting each angle. If you were paying attention your see her sniff a little. Not that scent was telling her anything.

"You know who I am?" To her it was the most important question for now, after all she was helping them so she'd have plenty of time for why's and wherefores.

Shiro didn't know what just happened; one minute he was hurriedly trying to dry himself off, the next thing he knew he was thrown to the ground unceremoniously. "Itai..."

Getting to his feet, Shiro could see a tall bearded man peering up at something above them. "Um, hello? Are you the one coming for us?"

"Besides, we're already sending Nicole off looking like... well. The rest of us. That's hardly any better."

Nicole shrugged, she was certainly aware that she wasn't exactly clean at the moment, or even dressed for a date for that matter. I think I've even still got monster dust on me from that one I smashed...she wondered if she had really killed that one, the ones she struck with lightning had seemed to survive after all. She didn't feel like she would be bothered if it was dead either, a feeling that unsettled her somewhat.

"I think I'd prefer to not be exhausted for the date, I won't be as alert otherwise," she said "I should be fine with just shopping though."

And besides it might be fun, in either case I don't want to sleep through it. Andrew seemed to have stopped listening though, lost in his own thoughts and responding distantly to her earlier remark.

"Yeah. Sure."

"You okay Andrew? You seem kind of off," she asked.

Vera sat in the van watching Prometheus as he met with their new allies. Though she didn't like it, she had to trust Prometheus knew what he was doing by going alone. Hopefully, all would go well and no new gods - or old ones for that matter - would decided to drop by and pay them all a visit.

From where she was, it was hard to see who the new allies were, but there seemed to be an Asian man, a Caucasian man, and... something else who looked female but she couldn't be sure. If the past had taught her anything, it was that these allies must be demigods of some kind like the rest of their diminished group.

Vera sighed, hoping against hope they knew what they were getting themselves into.

"You okay Andrew? You seem kind of off,"

Andrew had already stopped ignoring them when Nicole spoke, but it still made him pay more attention.

"What?" he asked, and turned towards her, trying to spot what she had noticed.

How could she tell?

He supposed it might have been his tone, but then again, it was far from the first time he hadn't paid attention to what others said. Still, he sighed. Andrew wasn't exactly comfortable with how he was feeling and acting at the moment, because of the thing with Prometheus. It made him think about the past, and it made him unsure of his own actions. He loathed that. And he missed Kirsten, yet he found himself unable to stop. That too, made him feel more hostile.

"I'm just not interested in small-talk. I stated what we should do, either we do it, or we don't. I do mind that the deal turned out like this, but that doesn't mean I'm going to act as if I like either of you, nor as if I feel like talking to you."

Why was he lashing out on Nicole and Aria? what had either done to deserve that? Andrew didn't know, yet, questioning his own actions made him feel somewhat more annoyed. And confused. Unsure, which he disliked, and so on. In order to snap himself out of the somewhat destructive train of thoughts, he added a somewhat sincere; "Sorry."

I really shouldn't treat them like this. Not now, not when I have to be alone with them. Not... at all, I suppose. But I don't feel like tricking them either.

"Do you want me to pretend I do care? Akin to the way it was before exiting Hades, I suppose."

If nothing else, it would make it easier to interact when there were only three, soon to be two, of them.

"I'm just not interested in small-talk. I stated what we should do, either we do it, or we don't. I do mind that the deal turned out like this, but that doesn't mean I'm going to act as if I like either of you, nor as if I feel like talking to you."

Aria stopped turned and just stared at Andrew, mostly in surprise, at his sudden out burst to a simple question, she had had a feeling Andrew was like this, but still, it was upsetting, and while he did apologize, the damage had been done. "Well fuck you to. And no, I despise people who lack enough of a back bone to at least be honest about weather or not they dislike me, though, I doubt you care what I think so do what ever you want." Aria said, then turned and resumed walking. She'd already decided that after Nicole left she was going to ditch him.

Prometheus looked at the two figures questioning him. He recognized one, though only through rather vivid descriptions from his relatives. Artemis once lovingly referred to her as a Cursed Bitch. He could certainly tell she was somewhat less human than the others.

He spoke to her in a friendly tone - he didn't want old hatreds bubbling up.

"Yes I do, though don't mistake me for siding with the Huntress."

Matching eyes with Shiro, he smiled. At least they had some idea he was coming. Speaking to all three, he bowed ever so slightly.

"Yes, I suppose I am. My name is Prometheus, and I think it best to leave introductions until were on safer ground. And have some food in front of us."

He turned and returned to the van, motioning for the others to follow. Climbing in before the trio, he spoke to Vera, Etna and Steven.

"We have three new people, dont freak out. Steven, don't let the crazy girl know who your father is just yet."

Sliding into the drivers seat, he started the van and waited for the new arrivals.

"Do you want me to pretend I do care? Akin to the way it was before exiting Hades, I suppose."

"Sorry for being concerned about you then," Nicole said somewhat halfheartedly, there wasn't any malice in the statement just tiredness.

She kept walking forward wondering how much of Andrew's attitude was real, he acted like he cared sometimes even when he said he didn't, seemed like he didn't even know himself half the time. Doesn't matter how he acts though, he's part of the team and he's kept us alive so far. Aria was certainly not happy with Andrew's statement, but Nicole remembered how Able had told her to let it go back on the beach and any anger was replaced with melancholy, though remembering him and Remus helped her remember why she was agreeing to this deal to begin with.

"Well fuck you to. And no, I despise people who lack enough of a back bone to at least be honest about weather or not they dislike me, though, I doubt you care what I think so do what ever you want."

Andrew hadn't expected Aria to get that upset, nor did he feel like she understood what he was talking about. However, he remembered what she had spoken about, back in Australia, when she had mentioned that she had been called a witch. "I don't dislike you," he finally said. He doubted she cared at this point, but it seemed everyone else was of the same belief, and that was tiresome. Especially since he had said the last thing to make it easier, not worse. "I don't like you either, it's more... something in-between. I like both of you more than I dislike you, which is more than I like the average person. I suppose that's not enough."

"Sorry for being concerned about you then,"

Nicole said. Andrew frowned, but he didn't comment on it, as he had already stated his thoughts. As they entered the town, he kept quiet, just glanced towards the sky. As they had taken their time walking, the sun was lower down, just how much more time they had before Apollo arrived, Andrew didn't know.

A beautiful, black Mercedes was spotted by Aria first, then the other two, rolling down the road at precisely sundown. Apollo was driving sans Asclepius, dressed in an immaculately tailored black suit, with a tie loosened around his neck. Pulling short of the group, he stepped out and opened the passenger door for Nicole, smiling earnestly as he did so.

"Nicole! Ready to go?"

The God seemed honestly excited for the night, and his gaze exuded satisfaction.

"I don't like you either, it's more... something in-between. I like both of you more than I dislike you, which is more than I like the average person. I suppose that's not enough."

That's a rather odd way to think about people, Nicole wasn't entirely sure what Andrew meant. If he liked them more than he disliked them didn't that mean that he liked them? He doesn't sound exactly sure of what he means himself, so who knows. She wasn't sure what to say to him, and before she could think of anything they had reached the town.

"Nicole! Ready to go?"

They had no sooner reached the town than Apollo showed up in a rather nice car. He was dressed very handsomely, and seemed quite happy to see her. Nicole found herself smiling back, and she stepped up to the car, no turning back now, glancing back at Andrew and Aria before getting in.

"You guys stay safe, I'll see you tomorrow," she said, then stepped into the car and sat down closing the door behind her.

She turned to Apollo "Ready as I'll ever be I suppose," she said.

Andrew had tried to correct her assumption, but Aria wasn't really having it, 'not liking, but liking some one' didn't really make a whole lot of sense to her, 'fortunately', Apollo showed up not long after. He greeted Nicole and seemed excited for the evening, which did nothing to inspire more trust, but Aria remained silent, in stead she waved as they left. She waited till they where out of sight, took one look at Andrew "Your on your own" and she was gone, just like that.

She figured he wouldn't really give chase so she didn't really teleport her self that far, didn't see a need to if he didn't care about her.

It didn't take long for Apollo to appear, greeting Nicole, only Nicole, and picking her up for their date. Andrew didn't greet Apollo either, just tried to read whether or not his expression was genuine. It almost seemed so.

"You guys stay safe, I'll see you tomorrow,"

Nicole said, before entering the car. Andrew nodded in reply. Then, when the car was gone, Aria shoot one glance at him, seeming more than a little annoyed still.

"Your on your own"

Then she took off, walking away without caring for the reason why the two of them had been sent together. Andrew wasn't sure what he thought. On one hand, he figured he might want to follow her, and even if they didn't talk, staying together would be the best thing. Besides, he wasn't about to go shopping alone, the number of items were needed were too high for him to want to carry the bags around for several hours, not to mention, be the only one in charge of them, having to look after the bags so no one took off with them was... more than a little annoying.

However, on the other hand, Andrew didn't want to have to deal with Aria right now, he had tried to explain what he meant, and she had just gotten more offended, it seemed. He wasn't sure what she was demanding, and the fact that everyone openly treated him with disdain, yet got upset when he expressed that he didn't like them, made him feel tired, annoyed, and wronged.

If people don't like it when I do it, why do they think it's fine to do it themselves?

Honestly, it was insulting. At least he had tried this time, only to be treated with no respect whatsoever.

In the end, he opted to sit down on a nearby bench and watch her, if she tried to move away from his sight, he supposed he might follow her, but for now, Andrew was out of energy and motivation to do anything about how Aria saw him. He took the phone from Apollo out of his pocket, it was a black and red one, and examined the contents, there was a number, but not anything else of interest that he could see. He barely stopped himself from dialing a different number, instead he put the phone back into his pocket, and sighed, before realizing that Aria had disappeared. At least, he couldn't see her around, although that could just as well be because of the lack of much in the way of street-lights.

Andrew stood up, and started trying to look for her, although he certainly wasn't in a rush to do so.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked