Children of the Gods: Arc 2 [Game/Closed]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 57 NEXT

"Firstly, I'll live. Secondly, it's Etna. Thirdly, are we going to get going or not?"

What a stuck-up bitch. At least she get's straight to the issue, albeit she doesn't get points for honesty.

"It seems we'll be leaving any minute now, just have to wait for people to get ready." He spoke coldly, as if she had turned off the switch to whatever was making him nice. She didn't interact with the other people, so at least he didn't have to worry about her talking to them. Besides, confusing people were always so fun. "Basically, grab what you need, get going, I'm tired of people wasting my time."

Seriously, just get going already. Hurry the fuck up.

He then smiled again, sounding all nice and friendly. Completely natural, as if he had been joking before. "You should get water, by the way. It'll be a couple of hours, and you look like you're not handling the heat very well. No offence, of course, I'm just trying to be helpful."

Now, what will you do?

"Wasting time? Says the one who walked up to me in the first place." She snorted "And if you're trying to be helpful, be helpful and find some container for the water. I don't see anything here. Maybe you could do better."

Of course, they were all nice until she opened her mouth, or twisted their petty feelings to their will. The intent behind those words were clear, you didn't need to be studying psychology for that. She huffed and walked off. She didn't have anything to hold water, or any sort of liquid. Something about keeping an expensive electronic device in a bag and not wanting said device to be broken. Beneath the surface, she was glad they were setting off soon. Mr. Nice Guy would probably act like his nickname and get killed trying to look the knight in shining armour anyway. The temptation to twist that smile into something less happy pecked at her. However, it wasn't worth it. She slipped back inside and gave her face a quick wash, only to nip back out again to the van.

She sat in one of the back seats and felt her phone go off. It the dreaded reply: Noted. Ensure that paper is done within two weeks, please - Prof. Moffet. 'I could probably write a whole paper on Andrew there,' She secretly scoffed.

"Wasting time? Says the one who walked up to me in the first place. And if you're trying to be helpful, be helpful and find some container for the water. I don't see anything here. Maybe you could do better."

"Yeah, of course, I'll be right back."

Sometimes it baffles me how simple-minded people are. We are standing right outside a bar.

He went inside, found two empty bottles, and filled them with cold water, before heading back into the van. He chose the seat next to Etna on purpose.

"Here you go," he smiled, as he handed her it. He looked towards the others. "You should probably find some water as well, it might be needed. I wouldn't recommend getting dehydrated on the trip up."

Besides, this van looks like it'll break down, and then we'll end up walking.

"So, Etna. You have any specialties? Mine is just patching people up."

You know. Something important.

Hopefully, she wouldn't just snap in the van. Even if she yelled at him, she would seem like the bad guy, him having brought her water and being very friendly.

"Good morning! Everyone sleep and eat well?" he said, turning his attention to Nicole. "How are you doing?" he asked plainly, then noted. "You look rather refreshed."

"Yeah I am, thanks," she replied, Remus having walked up as she finished asking Vera her question, "Shower really helped clear my head, how are you doing?"

Prometheus then yelled at them to get their stuff together and get ready to head out, apparently they had gotten the van working, although it looked rather sketchy to her. Probably be more comfortable to walk, but that would also take longer. Well if it runs out of gas or breaks down, which it looks on the brink of either of those, then we all get to walk anyways. She was already set though, having eaten and showered, and it didn't look like the others had much left to do either.

'Can we just go already? Can I just go already?'

"Here you go, he smiled, as he handed her it. He looked towards the others. "You should probably find some water as well, it might be needed. I wouldn't recommend getting dehydrated on the trip up."

Etna was somewhat disappointed in the lack of hostility. She had expected Andrew just to walk away and preoccupy himself with finding something to put the water in. Preferably not a vodka bottle or something like that. But no, he had to came walking back with two screw-top wine bottles filled with water. Which just reminded her of the cheap wines and their cheap taste. Nevertheless, she took the water without a word. She kept telling herself that it wasn't worth starting a fight with him. At least at this stage. But no, he had to continue the conversation. Whatever it was, Andrew just rubbed Etna the wrong way. He seemed to be intent on being Mr. Nice Guy. Well, let him be that. Just more material for the paper.

"So, Etna. You have any specialties? Mine is just patching people up."

"Good for you," She began. It was that question... She wasn't sure how to answer, "It's hard to describe. Better to see it in practice."

"Shower really helped clear my head, how are you doing?" Remus' face suddenly brightened up. "Fine, although the heat is starting to bother me." It wasn't entirely the heat though that was stressing his mind. "So they have a shower here you say?" A nice, cold rush of water would certainly help to soothe his nerves. "Would you mind showing me whe-"

He was cut off when the voice of Prometheus bellow out, demanding that the demigods get their collective shit together now that the van was working. Remus grumbled in his mind. "Well there goes that..." Sighing he turned to face Nicole again. "I suppose we ought to get going then." He grumbled again, vocally this time, as he rubbed his forehead. "Damn this temperature. I'll sweat like a pig if I travel like this." Facing down, he unbuttoned his black suit and slipped it off. He folded it carefully and put it aside, taking the Geum Borisii off and pushing it away into a pocket. Now wearing his shirt and vest, he proceeded to roll the sleeves of the former up. The layers of lean muscle with covered his arms were now visible, as well as the roman eagle and wolf tattoos that ran along them. Remus took a breath, instantly feeling a bit more refreshed now that he was out of his formal suit.

"Damn this temperature. I'll sweat like a pig if I travel like this."

"The shower is just out back, the waters really cold but I'm sure you've still got the time to grab one if you want," she replied as Remus started to take off some of the layers of clothing he was wearing. He was quite muscular, something to be expected of a farmer and a bouncer, though it had previously been concealed somewhat by his suit.

Less expected were his tattoos, a wolf and an eagle "Whats the story behind those?" she asked, pointing at them. They were quite detailed, probably took the artist a while to finish them.

"Good for you,"

"Might be good for you too. Depends on if you get hurt, really. I can't do much fighting, though."

I'll help you so much that you can't wrap your head around why.

This was actually a bit fun, she was clearly not too pleased with the attention. He wasn't sure why, she seemed to already have gotten a picture of him, one that was either too true, or very wrong. She continued.

"It's hard to describe. Better to see it in practice."

"I'm looking forward to that, then. So, what do you normally do? Like, at home, in... Ireland, is that correct? You studying?"

He then realized what might be what she was thinking. To him it seemed ridiculous, he hadn't tried to flirt with someone for ages. Well, she was a woman, and a decent looking one as well, so it wasn't a stupid conclusion. Still, he didn't want to risk getting into a relationship again, not for a while. Andrew tilted his head.

"And don't worry, I'm not trying to hit on you. I'm not really dating these days. If I come off as a bit too friendly, then I'm sorry, but I'm used to handling patients."

And morons like you.

Steven couldn't find many chances to get into any conversations the others were having, unable to get a word in.

Instead, he grabbed the tools, the shotgun and the shell, checked to see if his pistol and it's four clips were still on him, and got into the truck's passenger seat.

"The shower is just out back, the waters really cold but I'm sure you've still got the time to grab one if you want," Remus shook his head in response. "Thanks but I'd rather not run the risk slowing down the group, or getting left behind if Prometheus is feeling really impatient. If I look like I'm boiling, just be a dear splash a canteen of water in my face." He chuckled a bit.

"Whats the story behind those?" Remus looked down at his arms as Nicole pointed at them. "Hm? These?" He shifted his arms a bit to give her a better view of the ink. "They have to do with Roman mythology." He flexed the arm with the wolf tattoo on it. "This one's of Luperca. The she-wolf who supposedly raised Mars' son and the founder of Rome, Romulus, as well as his brother Remus." He then moved into view his right arm. "And this one's an eagle. Birds in generally were symbols of divinity in Roman culture, bringers of augury and divination, but eagles specifically were a symbol of power and pride." He smiled. "Like them?"

"...And don't worry, I'm not trying to hit on you. I'm not really dating these days. If I come off as a bit too friendly, then I'm sorry, but I'm used to handling patients."

'Wrong.' She immediately though. It was just a feeling. Just a feeling. But something told her that people like that who could switch between smiles and frowns like that were... off. Etna just non-nonchalantly sorted out her seat belt and replied with a, "Yeah, whatever." She didn't really see the point in continuing the conversation.

Aria, having had to sit through the conversation between Etna and Andrew found her self with a question for him "What field you studien? Ya know like Neurosurgery and what not." She was genuinely interested in the answer, mostly cause she wanted to know how concerned she should be if he had to work on her.

"Like them?"

She hadn't expected a mythology lesson, it seemed that Remus went ahead and emblazoned his heritage on his arms, whereas she didn't like to wear shoes that had her mom's name. Of course she doubted he ever got made fun of for his arm tattoos. She did have to admit he had a better reason for them than most people she knew who had tattoos.

"They're pretty cool," she replied, tattoos weren't really her thing but his were interesting enough. She considered his earlier comment about boiling, "Hmmm, we should probably get some canteens or something, it is pretty hot out, wish I'd had my water bottle on me when they picked me up."

She also wondered how long it might take them to reach the rock, even with the van provided it doesn't break down that is, I doubt the AC even works. They were visiting someone on the rock, so hopefully that person would at least be better supplied than Prometheus's bar.

"Yeah, whatever."

He just gave her a friendly look. Well, it seemed friendly to everyone who couldn't notice the coldness in his eyes, at least.

I'm not done with you.

Honestly, he didn't even know why he did it, or why he felt like doing it. It was only a game, though, it wasn't like he was harming her. Besides, she didn't like him either. He held his bottle close, and sat back in his seat. Andrew suspected there wouldn't be a lot of room there once everyone got on, so he decided to relax while he could. He wondered who else had witnessed their conversation, but even if they had noticed that something was off, it would be Etna who would stand out as the more hostile one.

She did ask for it.

"What field you studien? Ya know like Nero surgery and what not."

It was the Texan one who had found out she was a half-god the day before. Aria, if he had heard correctly.

Andrew looked over at her, he did like talking about his future career.

"Well, I had a hard time choosing, honestly. But I chose general surgery, since I wanted to be able to start helping people as soon as possible. How about you? What are you doing?"

Returning questions, it seemed like it was the real nature of conversation, with neither of the sides that interested. Of course, to him, it had started to seem like a game, more than reality. And that scared him, a bit.

"Hmmm, we should probably get some canteens or something, it is pretty hot out, wish I'd had my water bottle on me when they picked me up." That certainly sounded like a good idea. If the others had forgotten to bring water with them, they would be in quite the pickle when making their way through the Australian outback. He noticed that Andrew had brought out two bottles of the stuff. This assured him there would be more inside the bar. "I'm going to rummage about and see if I can find some containers and the tap." he said to Nicole. "Feel free to join me." Turning around, he headed in and began rummaging through the counter, looking for a canteen or something.

"Well, I had a hard time choosing, honestly. But I chose general surgery, since I wanted to be able to start helping people as soon as possible."

"More work in that field to I'd wager" She commented.

"How about you? What are you doing?"

"Your looken at it. I don't really have a job. No one back home really wants a 'witch' worken for em, they say it's bad for business, I think they're full shit myself, but I inherited a bunch a money I go spread out a bit so I can live off the interest while I figure out what I wanna do with my self. I was thinken about Be'in an model for a while, got the figure for it, I just don't have the temperament for it, put some prissy bitch from New York on her ass for talken shit about my momma, er ... the one the adopted me that is" Aria said with a smirk at the end before she clarified which mom she was talking about

"Feel free to join me."

Nicole nodded, "Yeah I think I will," she turned to Vera and Able "I'll grab you guys some bottles too, shouldn't take long."

She started her search at the opposite end of the counter from Remus setting aside empty bottles, of which there were plenty, mostly glass though she didn't see any proper canteens or plastic bottles. Hopefully Remus is having better luck on his end. Glass would work if they couldn't find anything else, but it broke too easily and driving in the outback in a beat up old van seemed like a recipe to end up with some broken glass.

"Your looken at it. I don't really have a job. No one back home really wants a 'witch' worken for em, they say it's bad for business, I think they're full shit myself, but I inherited a bunch a money I go spread out a bit so I can live off the interest while I figure out what I wanna do with my self. I was thinken about Be'in an model for a while, got the figure for it, I just don't have the temperament for it, put some prissy bitch from New York on her ass for talken shit about my momma, er ... the one the adopted me that is" Aria said with a smirk at the end before she clarified which mom she was talking about

Seems yesterday wasn't just stress. I should step carefully, since she's seems to have a temper.

"I see, I guess finding out what you want to do isn't that easy sometimes. Sorry to hear about the witch thing. But who know, perhaps you'll figure something out while travelling? When we're not busy trying to spot the drunk god, I mean." He chuckled, showing that he was only joking. Andrew then decided to change the topic, stuff like that tended to get complicated to talk about.

"So, Australia, huh. You ever been here before?"

[Hi Nicole.] He just needed to wave and smile to say that.

He couldn't be sure but it sounded like the two of them knew each other from before all of this. That's something nice for them at least. He imagined having an actual friend beside you would make this whole ordeal more managable.

parent given powers made their way to the front of the conversation yet again, not that he was suprised. He'd only seen Dan and aria show off their abilities so far but they were seriously immpressive. He just shrugged off the question about his. His 'talent' if you could call it that, was nowhere near as cool as firing energy beams or turning into an animal. Though he imagined shapeshifting wasn't so much fun if you couldn't control it. He did give a breathy chuckle at the longhorn gag, it was a fun mental image.

Eventually Remus came along and layered on his homegrown Italian charm. Rolling up his sleeves and revealing the pair of animal tattoos. Well he's just getting all the cool guy points today isn't he? No, that was uncalled for, he seemed like a genuinly nice guy. The call went out for people to climb on the bus and get the roadtrip started. Nicole and Remus headed off to get some water.

"I'll grab you guys some bottles too, shouldn't take long."

[Thank you.] His pad said to her. Abe dusted himself off and moved to take a seat on the bus waving a hello at the people who were already on board as he tied his hoody around his waist and flapped out the old Spurs shirt he had on under it, the ehat was already starting to get to him a little.

Aria noted a shift of sorts in Andrew "Y'all don't need to worry about me snapping. Talken shit about my family is the short way of getting me to kick your ass is all" she said as she gave Able a little wave 'hello'.

"So, Australia, huh. You ever been here before?"
"Nah, my first time outside the US, furthest away from home I've been before now is Nebraska, Dad had family up there, what about you? You travel much?"

Dan played translator until he wasn't needed, and simply left. Apparently, Prometheus had prepared a van for them, so he made his way out to find it. He was thoroughly unimpressed, but climbed in and kept quiet after Aria, and kept quiet. He didn't feel like speaking right now, he felt he knew their names and would just nod off for a bit more sleep while they went on their way...

"Y'all don't need to worry about me snapping. Talken shit about my family is the short way of getting me to kick your ass is all"

"Hm. Good to know." Dan smiled, and drifted off.

Remus continued searching for any non-glass contained behind the counter. He padded his hands against the wood as he peaked along the contents of the shelves. He growled in frustration as his rummage proved unfruitful. He was getting frustrated from both this and his early stress. "Dammit! I can't find a fu-" At the moment, Remus pressed his palm hard against a section of the floorboard. The wood below collapsed from the pressure, revealing a hollow section right below the counter. Remus blinked in surprise for a moment before tearing up the rest of the thin floorboard and shoving his head inside.

He spied two items hidden underneath - a rifle and a white sack. Although ecstatic at first by the sight of the former, the gun's barrel broke off from the rest of it after being snatched up. A wave of disappointment rushed over Remus as he pushed the dusty, rusty old thing aside. He then grabbed the sack and pulled it open, revealing a canteen and a sheathed knife. He propped out the blade to make certain it wasn't in the same condition the gun was, and was pleased to see the steel still preserved well.

Pleased by this good fortune, Remus pulled himself up and looked at Nicole with a smile. "Look what I found!" He held up the canteen as well as the sheathed knife, holding the latter out to her hilt-first. "Care for this? I don't have any use for melee weapons myself. They have a tendency of...getting worn out quickly when I use them."

"Y'all don't need to worry about me snapping. Talken shit about my family is the short way of getting me to kick your ass is all"

What? How did she notice? Did my facial expression change?

Andrew unconsciously put a hand up, touching his face, but when he noticed he made it look as if he was just dealing with an itch. He saw that Aria was waving to someone, and turned a bit around to see Able. "Hi," he said, still a bit absently.

Was it what I said? Probably.

"Nah, my first time outside the US, furthest away from home I've been before now is Nebraska, Dad had family up there, what about you? You travel much?"

"Outside the States, I've been a couple of times in Europe, once Denmark, and once Germany. That's all. I'm curious about Australia, though, now that we are here. I must admit, I'm not that fond of weather like this, not when there's almost no shade."

I'd call it hell, right now. Although Hades is probably more appropriate.

"But I suppose there's no need to complain, I'm sorry."

"Dammit! I can't find a fu-"

Nicole was startled by the cracking noise as the floor broke beneath Remus's hand and her head snapped to look in his direction. Before she could ask if he was ok he pulled out what looked to be some survival stash, from it he offered her an old sheath knife. Huh he's fine, strong and tough it seems.

"Care for this? I don't have any use for melee weapons myself. They have a tendency of...getting worn out quickly when I use them."

"Uh sure, might come in handy I guess," she said, accepting it and clipping the sheath through one of her belt buckles hopefully I won't have to fight with it the thought of cutting or stabbing someone with it was not a pleasant one.

She turned her attention back to the bottles, filling three of them with water, "Hopefully this'll last us, lets go get in the bus," she said, turning and heading out.

As she entered she handed off a bottle to Able, "Here you go," she said, she would give the other bottle to Vera when she got in, and of course keep one for herself.

As Stephen jumped into the passenger side, Prometheus looked behind him. Twisting in his seat, he flashed his passengers a grin.

"I hope the seatbelts back there work. I'm an...interesting driver. Who are we waiting on? I spy Etna, Andrew, Stephen...are there any behind you?"

He turned the ignition, and the car spluttered into life. He let out a small cheer. With no air-con, he tried winding down the window, only to find it jammed. A quick knock with his fist punched the screen straight out.

"I suggest you lot follow suit, its going to get hot with ten of us."

"Uh sure, might come in handy I guess," As Nicole took the knife from him, Remus certainly hoped that she would be able to use it. Most of the demigods rounded together didn't come off as being the combative type, aside from Dan and Steven. He could hardly blame them though. Most were fortunate enough to have not spent the latter half of their childhood scrapping with wolves. Still, she appeared fit enough to be able to handle her own.

After filling his canteen with water, Remus followed over to the bus. He latched the canteen onto a belt which he slung on his shoulder and over his chest. For a moment he considered bringing the broken gun along, wondering if the son of Hephaestus might be able to fix it up. It was unlikely though. Even if it wasn't snapped in it, the receiver was probably rusty or the barrel turned into a spider nest. Climbing into the vehicle, he took a seat right next to Nicole and flashed another smile at her.

Aria nodded to Andrew "I might go aboard after this, gonna need to settle things with my real mom first though, get some much needed answers an all."

"Who are we waiting on? I spy Etna, Andrew, Stephen...are there any behind you?"

Aria rolled her eyes "Really? I been back here the whole time, how ja miss the black hat?" she said pointing to the black cowboy hat on her head

Steven reached for his, only to find he didn't even HAVE a seatbelt.

"@#$%," Steven said, "Well, not to much of a problem, no matter how insane you drive, this thing isn't going above 30 mph with nine people in it. It has lost a lot of horsepower over the year and didn't have many when it was new."

"Apologies Aria. The mirror's kind of...dusty. Well, looks like everyone's here, which means..!"

Prometheus hit the gas, lurching the van forward violently, beginning it's slow acceleration to a steady trundle along the dirt road. Stephen had been right; it was barely pressing 40, and the suspension sounded like it was just about to give out. Yet the bus full of divine beings rolled right along, and Prometheus fished out a pair of gold-trim aviators he had acquired 30 years ago. With his arm out the window, he took a breath of fresh air.

"Feels much better to be on our way, doesn't it?" He asked nobody in particular, though a sea of unamused faces glared back at him. Taking a swig of whiskey, he drove on, a silly smile on his face.

"Here you go." Nicole said, handing him a bottle of water.
[Thank you.] He mouthed/signed at her. Abe figured if he just kept using the simpler signs over and over in general conversation then the others would start to pick up snippets of it over time, besides it wasn't like they'd have time for him to try and give any of them a crah course in British sign language.

He budged up to the window, making room for Nicole and Remus. It was like being on some bizarre parody of a school trip. At the front of the bus Prometheus put the bus in gear and set off on the trip with gusto. Abe let out a silent, sarastic yay as the bus drove on in grim quiet.

I feel like I should say something... what though? He tapped the paper pad with his pen rythmically, trying to think of something to say without it coming across as awkward or forced.[i]Or I could embrace the strangeness. A greek, a roman and a viking demigod get on a bus... now that could get a funky punchline.

[What do you think's at the rock?] He showed to the others. [My money's on some kind of monster, or magical creature, I think only they can use the M word.]

Steven held onto his seat, Prometheus willing the rust bucket to go as fast as possible.

It did not help that the Titan started to drink.

"Titan or not," Steven said as he desperately hung on, "You are not drinking while driving this car!"

Steven debated trying to grab it from him, but decided that a buzzed driver was safer than a Titan trying to protect his drink.

Aria hung over the back of the seat behind Able, she thought on it a few moments "A big ass monster, guarding a mystic of some flavor, who will then make us 'prove our selves' cause that's how this kind crap works in the movies, and that's really all I have to go on." she said, "I'd prefer just the mystic, minus the monster and the test, though with the addition of a pool, cause this heat is gonna get obnoxious before we get there."

[Thank you.]

She wasn't quite sure what the gestures meant, but it wasn't hard to guess. "No problem," she replied as Remus managed to squeeze in on the other side of her, flashing her a smile as he did so, it seemed everyone was on board now, and the vehicle was pretty cramped as expected.

Before she could say anything though Prometheus floored it, which would have been more impressive and hazardous in another vehicle, but even so she slid forward as it lurched into movement, though it slowed into a more steady acceleration afterwards, and Prometheus began to drink. Wonderful, well at least he's proven his liver can take worse than that, the rest of us might have problems with this though. God I swear if I die in a crash in the middle of the friggin outback my ghost will haunt someone.

There wasn't much she could do about it though, and she pushed herself back into her seat, Able having thoughtfully scooted over to make more room.

[My money's on some kind of monster, or magical creature, I think only they can use the M word.]

"Heh, yeah wouldn't want to offend a giant or something, or maybe they prefer the term big people?" she said, "Sorry bad joke. Hmmm, I think its probably an oracle," and that's totally not me drawing from knowing almost exclusively Greek mythology "I mean he said it would know where Dio is, and that's sort of what Oracles do, know stuff. Why one would be out here I have no idea though, probably got sick of tourists at Delphi or something."

Some of the others had started talking about what they would encounter up on the Ayers Rock, but Andrew just listened, not speaking. It was probably Nicole, who had suggested an oracle, who was the most correct. Unless this was some kind of trap, a way of getting rid of the demigods by simply handing them over to a monster and letting it do its job.

If it actually is a monster, then even I can't do much to help. I did say I would patch people up, but I don't have many tools.

Nicole had a knife, at least, and they had their clothes, alcohol. And he was carrying something that would be of use, although that wasn't something that could be used in just any situation. Andrew would have to get some actual tools if he wanted to do anything more than basic first aid.

It would be really convenient if my powers turn out to be summoning surgery tools. Or just healing.

He didn't like the thought of someone dying because he didn't have the tools to help them. Whether he liked them or not, saving people was what he had wanted to do since young age. Besides, the thought of holding their lives in his hands was a nice one, it was what he was meant to do. His father was Apollo, if he liked it or not, the god of medicine.

And plague... Giving with one hand, taking with the other.

He wasn't entirely sure he'd dislike that. His thoughts wandered, and he didn't stop them. It made him feel wrong in one way, and a bit curious in another. Such a strange sensation, but he had decided he didn't like it. He felt sick and nauseous.

Andrew drank a bit from his bottle, and accidentally touched Etna with his elbow. This van was way too small for all of them, and it seemed like the trip would still last a while. He could drive, and so could probably most of the others. There had been more than one car out there, hadn't there?

Whose idea was this? Couldn't we just have taken several cars?

"Sorry," he murmured to Etna after he was done drinking. Even if he did feel sick, that didn't mean he'd drop his facade of friendliness. Not when it could make Etna even more confused. "Just had to drink a bit of water."

You don't have to answer, that's fine. Your reaction will just make me feel better.

Etna simply stared straight ahead, trying to zone out the constant bumps and the constant natter of the other demigods. Hopefully they would arrive to their destination with the Kombi intact. It didn't seem the most stable of vehicles, but it was better than walking in the oppressive Australian heat.

Then... another jolt. But it wasn't the Kombi's fault.

"Sorry,"

It was his.

"Just had to drink a bit of water."

The confident, friendly Andrew was all murmurs, now? Was he getting travel sick or something? At least he hadn't had the joy of living in a ramshackle caravan. All bumps and bruises there. Etna was still glad she got out of there while she could. She quickly mulled over whether it was worth it to respond.

'To hell with it.'

This was a good opportunity.

She looked over and studied his face with a concerned looked, "Huh? Don't tell me, the water's off or something."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked