Children of the Gods [Game/Started]

Pages PREV 1 . . . 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . . . 45 NEXT

Dan skimmed the menu, rather bored. He was glad to see Aria sit next to him, though, she still looked sad. Dan frowned deeply, he hated seeing that she was down. He wanted her to be happy, to see and share in the feeling as they grew old together. He was losing his damned mind over her, but he felt he didn't care. He just wished he didn't lose the eye first, if only because proof of love was going to require a lot more work from now on...

"Aria," Dan began, scooting closer, "I think we should use this time to get to know each other a bit better, what do you say? Feel free to ask me anything, and I'll do the same in return." Dan smiled at her, innocent and wise at the same time.

"Helluva way to travel, eh?"

'You got that right.' Able smiled back, picking his order from the onboard menu.

Business class was pretty deserted compared to the rest of the plane, making it easy to overhear what was going on. Aria and Dan were... well Able wasn't entirely sure what they were doing but they were beginning to sound like they were in some kind of arranged marriage.

Talk about coming on strong...

Though he was in no place to judge Dan's style, he was just being jealous if anything. And Dan did have a good idea, a question exchange would make a good team building exercise. Maybe he could try and start something like that with the group around him?

Or I could check out the in-flight movis and try and block out this whole sordid mess for a few hours - OH don't be so depressing! Be social damnit!... what the hell do I say?

Well there was one question he'd been dying to ask, granted it was specifically for Nicole but hey, it'd get the ball rolling.

[Earlier you said you spent time with Nike, what was she like?] He leaned the notepad over to her.

The plane pulled away onto the runway, it's engines beginning to whir. The general chatter of economy class occasionally filtered through the screen door; overruled by a buxom air hostess. Her blonde hair was pillared like a roman candle atop her head; red and white airline outfit accentuating her intriguing appearance. She gave a short safety demonstration, before sending a wink Remus' way and heading to the staff area.

Prometheus looked over to him and cracked a grin, though it was short lived as the plane began to climb. Prometheus gripped the table with iron hands as it began to shake, his jaw clenching. The captains voice came over the radio, a distinctly American tone.

Good afternoon Passengers! This is your Captain speaking, welcoming you aboard the flight to Sicily! The flight will be about 16 hours given good weather, so make yourself comfortable! A complimentary carton of wine is being brought round to our special guests in business class!

The air hostess brought back bottles of wine as the plane steadied out, setting it atop the tables with accompanying glasses. Prometheus eyed them suspiciously. Anything wine-related was sure to put him off. He started pouring himself a tall glass.

"Let me have some first. Just in case."

[Earlier you said you spent time with Nike, what was she like?]

Nicole set her menu down, having already decided on a few items to order, and looked over at Able's notepad. She considered the question carefully, Nike had always spent more time with her father when she had visited than with her, and the way her father would talk about Nike always had made her feel as if she wasn't seeing the same woman as him.

"She was... proud I guess is the best way to describe it, always felt to me like she had this air of importance about her, like she was just a step above everyone else," she paused and considered what to say next "She didn't visit very often so I haven't talked with her that much. She was interested in sports and competitions, she always did seem proud of how hard I was working, she congratulated me on my wins a few times but she still felt very distant like she wasn't sure how to treat me."

She stopped talking to listen and watch as the hostess gave her demonstration before winking at Remus. She chose to ignore the wink, not like I have a claim staked in him, though she had to admit she was happy that Able and Remus had chosen to sit by her. She returned with wine and poured everyone a glass.

She nodded, she wouldn't mind drinking but it was better to be safe, especially considering what they had seen with Gaia. She turned back to Able "So did you ever meet your parent, Vidarr right?" she asked, "If not then how did you learn he was your dad?"

She turned back to Able "So did you ever meet your parent, Vidarr right?" she asked, "If not then how did you learn he was your dad?"

Well there was a story... a short one but it was still a story.

[I met him once. I think. For like 5 minutes. It wasn't like he introduced himself but] He paused for a moment, scratching his head. The pad was laid out on the table for anyone nearby to see as he wrote but Able just couldn't think of the words. He'd never talked to anyone else abut it. Till finally he could at least grasp it.

He didn't want to tell them about the silence he'd made. Don't want them to think I'm weirder than I am.

[Things were getting kind of crazy when he turned up, everyone was getting kind of crazy but he was calm. He just looked at me] Picked me up, dusted me off, held me for just a minute. [it was like he understood. Like we just got each other perfectly. Then he was gone. A week later I found a note to my mum signed "V". I cornered her, she spilled, the rest is history.]

He'd ruthlessly summed up his mother's part in the story but that was as much her business as his and he didn't want to talk about mortal family stuff that she didn't even feel comfortable with him knowing.

[That's when I got into my mythology phase, read everything I could get my hands on. I think it's because of him I got into boxing and stuff.]

Able wasn't sure why he was sharing so much, it did feel kind of good to get it off his chest. And for once they wouldn't think he was crazy or just laugh him off.

Remus watched as the airline hostess gave her demonstration. "Well, she's certainly got an extravagant appearance." He grinned as he noticed the woman wink at him while walking by. It wasn't long before she returned and uncorked some wine for the table. Although naturally a bit unsettled, Remus hid with paranoia by flashing a smile at the hostess and nodding his head.

"Let me have some first. Just in case." He turned to face Prometheus. "A fine concern." Remus then pushed the wine nearest to himself away, towards the center of the table. "I don't drink anyways so it's not a worry for me."

His attention was then turned to Able and Nicole, who were apparently conversing about their heritage. Able had placed his electronic device on the table, so Remus could see what the mute wanted to say in addition to hearing Nicole. As he listened to them talk about their parents, he decided to join in the dialogue. "I've never met my father." he stated plainly. "Don't think I will anytime soon either. I assume being a war God is busy work." Remus tried to obscure any sort of mopiness that might be present in his voice. Hearing Nicole and Able talk about their experiences with their parents had honestly made him feel a bit hurt that he had never met Mars, yet he didn't want them to see that.

Steven had to take off quite a few items to get through the metal detectors, but passed through without trouble.

Steven sighed a sign of relief as he saw they were flying business instead of some cheap seats in the back. He wondered briefly how Prometheus got the tickets, he doubted the guy had a job.

Steven sat in a seat, not caring who he sat next to.

Aria was thinking of a question to ask when she'd over heard Nicole's story about Nike "Seems like a good enough place to start. You ever meet Odin?" she asked Dan, she'd figured he had since he gets to use his fathers horse but, really, she wanted to compare story's, see how much of the wiki was true.

[That's when I got into my mythology phase, read everything I could get my hands on. I think it's because of him I got into boxing and stuff.]

"Yeah I had a similar phase for a while, grabbed up every scrap of Greek mythology I could find in the library, I was pretty young so I even tried to brag about it at school, kids just laughed at me but that's a lot better than people might do if I tried telling them at this age," she said fondly remembering her excitement upon learning her mother's identity, of course it would've been nice if she could have just told me what I wanted to know, I guess I was too young to question her reasons though.

"Don't think I will anytime soon either. I assume being a war God is busy work."

"I guess so, can't be terribly pleasant work though," she said then turned back to Able "You said you boxed? Never had the chance to try that myself, think you could give me a few pointers later?"

'Sicko.' Were her thoughts on the matter.

Etna just wanted to bat the away as he lent in, however that would let him know that he had hit a soft spot. Inside, she shivered as she reminded of her secondary school days. A pang of disgust at her past self rang through her mind as that name floated to the surface: Tommy. But that was hardly related. All Etna had done then was messing with minds on a mass scale. Which had bit her in the butt. Soon enough, they found out. Soon enough, the mob had turned. And soon enough, there was this one kid who welcomed his new feelings for Etna. Slowly, he began to act on those feelings. She saw him in every corridor and there was this one time when... 'No I won't think more on that.' She mentally retorted. There was a creep here who had to be dealt with here. No time for thinking about the past. He didn't want to be bothered? Well, she had something to say on that.

"You're the one doing the bothering..." She sneered.

"You're the one doing the bothering..."

Oh, this is more of a reaction than before. It seems to have struck a nerve.

She honestly reminded him of a cat at this point, the kind that would start hissing and clawing at him the second he touched it.

Then again, that's pretty much all cats to me.

Animals never had liked him, probably because he sent out mixed signals. It surprised him that she hadn't just moved seats or something, though. That was closer to what he had expected, would have meant he could have the two seats to himself. He frowned, not a second to early or to late for it to seem like a genuine reaction.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. As I said, it just bothers me that you're using your phone on the plane. It's unsafe." Would it be mean to poke her?

She might end up attacking me if I do. Besides, I can't make myself look bad. They have to trust me, and all that.

He found trust an odd concept, so easy to make people trust you, but he could never return that trust to them. Not that he wanted to, people might be more empathetic than him, but they would still screw you over if it benefited them. They could also do it on whim, he wasn't that random. He wondered if anyone in the group would join Dionysus if they had the chance.

Probably not. From what I can see, there's no gain. Then again, we don't know what Dionysus' goal is. We don't know much at all. But as long as he's the reason for the suicides, then stopping him is important, not matter how much we're kept in the dark.

Andrew sighed. He preferred not to think about things like this, it made it harder to keep his smile up. Looking over at the still annoyed Etna made him cheer up a bit. It also made him wonder if she could do anything, apart from confusing and calming. He might have been full of morphine when he reasoned that she could, but he still didn't doubt his own judgement. Wine was placed on the table, suddenly. It was odd, and suspicious, considering who they were dealing with.

Prometheus said that, but he poured way more than necessary. Andrew wondered why their guide was drinking so much, all the time, it made him unreliable. Heck, apart from taking them where they were headed, had Prometheus done anything useful at all?

"Feel free," Andrew smiled. "Not like I can drink anything either way." In his head, the words had a complaining sound to them, but they sounded normal when spoken aloud. "You gonna drink, Etna?" he asked, but he didn't really expect an answer.

Dan noticed the others try what he was doing, and felt a bit ashamed. He probably should've extended the question to not appear like an ass, but too little too late. He would just extend the questions if he wanted to later.

"Seems like a good enough place to start. You ever meet Odin?"

"Yes, though I didn't know it was him for a long time. He seemed to always want to leave, but seemed like he NEEDED to stay, and help around the house. He left when I was about 10, leaving only his advice and the ability to summon Sleipnir." He looked at Aria again, he knew she hadn't really ever met Freyja, and he felt too privileged. Odin even gave him his ability! He sighed, and kept up a happy pretense, secretly jealous of how damned strong Aria was to learn magic on her own time.

"My turn," he spoke loudly so anyone could answer his question if they felt like it, "Has anyone here been out of their home city before this? I was looking to go somewhere new before all this." He smiled again, still blushing slightly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. As I said, it just bothers me that you're using your phone on the plane. It's unsafe."

What was that? She had used her phone before on planes and no one, not even the flight attendants had came up to her about it. It seems that he wasn't just a creep, but a pedantic one as well. Etna sighed and switched her phone off. She could have pointed out to him and the phone was in the proper mode and everything. All she was doing was using the word processor after all - which was too lightweight for Etna's tastes anyway. But that would just descend into more bother.

It was easier this way. Inwardly, she cursed herself for choosing the easy road after choosing the hard road before. This was then accompanied by reinsurance, that she had choose to sit here because the others seemed to be getting along and if she sat next to that, she would just get in the way. Rather like school. But enough about school. The ones had did nothing but natter ended up working at a Tesco branch or something anyway. This empty time of doing nothing bothered her.

"Happy?" Etna said, then tucked the phone into her jean's pocket, "No. No point."

Not was she was expecting for an answer, but still a good one in her mind, though it did make her kinda sad, If Odin had stuck around for even that long, what did she miss out on with her own mother cause of what ever happened. Aria shook this feeling off and decided to answer Dan's question "I've been all over Texas, as far north as Nebraska, as far east as Tennessee, Nashville to be exact and as far west as California, and if I never go back to California I'll be totally happy with that."

"Happy?"

"Thanks." He smiled.

For what it's worth, I had no intention of taking your phone away. It was just the easiest way to make it sound as if I said something perfectly normal.

"No. No point."

"You sure? It's going to be a long trip."

They said 16 hours, right?

He heard that the others were trying to chat and get to know each other more. Again. How many times had it been now? They had so many uninteresting questions. Andrew wasn't fond of answering questions. One could only lie so many times about one's past before it was seen through.

How much more can they do of this? They have so much to share with each others.

His eyes went towards Etna again. She had rejected his questions before. To be fair, she didn't even like him, but still. She had chosen not to sit with the others, even when he was bothering her. Although it was something he could understand personally, she wasn't supposed to act like that, not when she was just like everyone else. Why was she so silent anyways? Did she really just not like anyone else?

Am I really thinking about this? I must be more bored than I thought.

He took up the menu. It was something to do, and he was getting hungry, so he wanted to pick something out. Besides, it was another part of the game. "Say, Etna, what kind of food do you like?"

Just leave already. Or get mad.

"Not the airline kind." She replied, bad memories of going through her head. No manner how good the food looked in the photographs, it was always the same reheated junk. She may be a poor student but she always stayed away from microwave meals. Ever since that day she got a stomach bug from one. Etna put in her hands in her pocket and then folded them again. She could have chosen to simply listen to a few tracks to pass the time, but Andrew was so kind to show his disdain for people who used phones on planes. Of course, that could always be another way to annoy him. 'Best save that for later.' Etna concluded.

"I guess so, can't be terribly pleasant work though."

And competitive as well I imagine, with so many many war gods knocking about and only so many wars to go around these days. I wonder if they have rules on it or something, like 'No poaching conflicts started by some one else.'

"You said you boxed? Never had the chance to try that myself, think you could give me a few pointers later?"

'Sure.' Able nodded back. The satyrs probably weren't the last fight they'd have on this... whatever it was. He didn't want to use the term quest for it. Abe followed Remeus' example and declined the free wine, he was still tasting the stuff from the grove.

That wasn't something he cared to relive. But it did bring up the question, what were they going to find in Italy? What if they found Dionysus? He could only hope that Prometheus started offering up som answers soon or they'd all be caught completely clueless.

Able nodded in reply to her question, "Great, knowing that sort of thing can't hurt after all," she said, she did know a little bit of martial arts but given how little that had helped her in the last fight it couldn't hurt to know something else.

"Has anyone here been out of their home city before this? I was looking to go somewhere new before all this."

Dan stated his question loud enough for the people at different tables to hear, she turned towards him "Yeah I've traveled for athletic competitions before, and on vacations, never out of the country though." She turned back towards Remus and Able, "What about you guys? Travel much before this?"

She wasn't sure if she should say more to Dan, Aria also had answered his question and the two seemed quite attached at this point, it felt like interrupting to say too much to them. Given what Remus had said before she doubted he had traveled that much, Able hadn't said much about his life back home though which made her curious.

Prometheus took a long sip, nearly finishing the glass, before making a face to say 'not bad'. The wine was clearly expensive and old, perhaps even 50 years; he had a knack for guessing the ingredients of alcohol. Perhaps because we was constantly imbibing it.

"Wine's fine. Feel free."

Prometheus got up to have a wander, and perhaps locate a bathroom, when the plane jolted suddenly. The captains voice blared as he leaned against a wall.

We seem to have run into some slight turbulence. Please return to your seats i-immediately. A stutter. The Captain sounded nervous and strained. This did not bode well. Prometheus turned back to the group, and then totally around, towards the door to economy class.

Pushing hard on the door, it gave way to a grisly sight. The sparse passengers here and there had been butchered, with their hearts ripped out. Prometheus shut the door and returned calmly to his seat. Speaking low and with great measure, he addressed the groups.

"We are 35,000 feet in the air, alone on a plane full of butchered passengers, all our weapons in storage, and someone who wishes us great harm. Any plans?"

Prometheus took a deep breath. Flying was already hard enough.

"We are 35,000 feet in the air, alone on a plane full of butchered passengers, all our weapons in storage, and someone who wishes us great harm. Any plans?"

"I swear you must plan these situations." Vera said; unaffected by the sight of the dead bodies. Looking around, she tried to take stock of the situation. "Dan and Nicole are the only people here I know can fly besides myself. I can transform into wind form to keep things pressurized for us if we want to abandon plane, or I can transform into something more violent to fight; but once the choice is made, I'll need an hour to change it. what do the rest of you think?" Vera asked, quickly getting to business.

A few answers, nothing too great. Dan already knew California was terrible. He took a peek at the menu again, thinking of a new question. He wanted to bring up families, but he knew that was just too painful for everyone. Before he could open his mouth again, Prometheus came back,

"Same as ever, Prommy." Dan stood up, and waved his hand. Sleipnir appeared once more, armored and with a sword strapped to his side. Was he going to go out for a joyride in Jotunheim? Dan shook his head, and hopped onto the horse. He drew the sword on its' side, a small norwegian inscription. He shrugged, as he raised the blade into the air, and addressed everyone.

"Alright, Sleipnir can take three people at a time. The least fit for combat, get on first, the rest should stay in case of whatever it is still being here. Any problems?"

Andrew had caught a sight of these butchered passengers when Prometheus had opened the door. Whatever had done that, could probably take them all out easily. If he had seen it correctly, the hearts had been removed, something which would require getting through the rib-cage as well. There were other ways to do it, but from where he was standing, it seemed they had gone through the chest. In that case, it wouldn't be impossible for whatever it was to rip them apart, if that was the case. Vera asked if she should fight or try to escape, but Andrew didn't know what to answer. As he was now, he was useless. If given a few hours, he could probably manage to heal his ribs, finally, but even then that would be all he could do.

"Alright, Sleipnir can take three people at a time. The least fit for combat, get on first, the rest should stay in case of whatever it is still being here. Any problems?"

Andrew looked around. They would have to take Etna, the very least. Apart from that, he supposed he'd be the second most useless at this moment.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do much good at the moment, so I might take you up on that," he smiled apologetically. His pride would be wounded, but it was Dan's injury who had taken the last he had, so he supposed this would make up for it. "I'd suggest Etna too, since she can't fly, nor seems to have super-strength or toughness."

No doubt she will get annoyed, which is not even my intention, but the game is paused when lives are at risk.

Still. Not being able to do anything, again, wasn't something he cared for.

I'll have to make up for it later.

When the plane suddenly jolted and a shaky voice began stuttering over the intercom, Remus sharpened up. "Something is wrong." he immediatly thought, and then Prometheus arrived to confirm his worries. "We are 35,000 feet in the air, alone on a plane full of butchered passengers, all our weapons in storage, and someone who wishes us great harm. Any plans?"

Reigning in his instinct to spring up from his seat, Remus sat in thought as he listened to the plans of others. Vera pointed out that a couple of them could fly, but not all of them. Dan also summoned up his steed and offered a ride out of harm's way. "Alright, Sleipnir can take three people at a time. The least fit for combat, get on first, the rest should stay in case of whatever it is still being here. Any problems?"

Remus shook his head. "None here. Andrew, Etna and Aria should be the ones to take the horse. Nicole and Vera should both fly with them to safety. The rest of us are decently combat-oriented enough to handle ourselves." he paused, looking down the airline's corridors. He wanted to make sure nothing was trying to sneak into the business class. Seeing and hearing nothing of threat yet, he continued. "If the captain is still alive for whatever reason, we can probably get him to land this plane for me, Able, Steven, Dan and Prometheus. We'll have to get to him first though. And deal with whatever monstrosity is on board with us."

Aria could only shake her head at this in a 'Really .... can't bloody leave us alone for long can they' kinda way. She then got up and got ready to fight when Remus suggested she leave with Etna and Andrew "And why would I need to get off the plane to?" Aria said, rather annoyed at the suggestion that she was some how 'helpless'

"Dan and Nicole are the only people here I know can fly besides myself. I can transform into wind form to keep things pressurized for us if we want to abandon plane, or I can transform into something more violent to fight; but once the choice is made, I'll need an hour to change it. what do the rest of you think?"

"None here. Andrew, Etna and Aria should be the ones to take the horse. Nicole and Vera should both fly with them to safety. The rest of us are decently combat-oriented enough to handle ourselves."

Everyone was springing to their feet and preparing, declaring plans and ideas. Nicole was in shock from her glimpse of all the corpses, oh God, those innocent people... She shook her head and snapped out of it, forcing back the now somewhat familiar nauseous feelings, have to focus I can throw up my breakfast later.

"I don't think I'm dressed to fly out there, we're really high up," she said somewhat uncertainly, for all I know I've got some power that keeps me warm and pressurized, but I don't want to risk that. Not if I can help it. "The pilot spoke so he might still be alive, we should try and get to him, better to keep the plane than to abandon it three at a time."

Besides we might be able to save at least one person. We don't know whats out there though, it could be anything. She was already shivering from fear and adrenaline and they hadn't seen any monsters yet, her wings expanded in miniature from her back, too small to fly with but there wasn't space for that in here either. She wanted to do as she had said they should and charge ahead to try and save the captain, but her fear held her in place. She gritted her teeth and pushed herself to start moving towards the front of the group, somewhat hesitantly.

Prometheus was somewhat disappointed in the rush to escape; the captain may still be alive, and he at least deserves some help. The titan would not turn his back on a man in need.

"We can escape later. We need to help the captain. And whatever trapped us here is sure as hell going to chase us anyway."

Standing up, he eyed the cabin door, behind which was the cockpit. And whatever fiend had killed the passengers. A voice came over the intercom. It was the hostess.

Friends, relatives, fellow Gods. Let's not be so hasty to leave. The captain here would appreciate if you all remained in your seats until the flight ends. I think well take a rather sharp dive into Rome, don't you? Maximum casualties and all that.

Prometheus turned to the group, his face distraught. He couldn't have so much human blood on his hands.

"What do we do?"

"We can escape later. We need to help the captain. And whatever trapped us here is sure as hell going to chase us anyway."

"As much as I'd like to help, I'd be nothing but dead weight," Andrew noted, but Prometheus seemed to be set on that they all had to stay around. Andrew wasn't afraid, but he was opposed to risking his life doing nothing.

Seriously, I'd be better off out of the way than staying here and taking up space. What am I even supposed to do? Have trouble moving and get killed?

However, whatever he was about to say disappeared when he heard the message over the intercom.

Friends, relatives, fellow Gods. Let's not be so hasty to leave. The captain here would appreciate if you all remained in your seats until the flight ends. I think well take a rather sharp dive into Rome, don't you? Maximum casualties and all that.

Fellow gods? How did Prometheus not notice that? Anyways, what we need to do is to stop her, somehow. I don't doubt there's something more to it than what it seems at the moment. Not to mention, isn't Rome quite far away?

This whole situation seemed too controlled, as if Prometheus had fucked up on purpose. Was that why he had seemed to nervous before? Because he knew what was going to happen? It wasn't impossible. Heck, with the situation at hand, it seemed more possible than impossible. Andrew could only think about a few possible solutions, none which included fighting their way out of it.

"What do we do?"

"Fighting doesn't seem to be possible at this point. So either we talk, or we get some help. We're dealing with a god if she's to be believed herself, who will kill thousands if we don't stop her. It's not like our position hasn't been compromised either way, and I doubt there isn't a few gods paying attention to what's going on right now."

Then again, people's pride might get into the way. Both demigods and gods. I thought I was had an ego, but at least I'm not stupid enough to be controlled by it.

"If it's possible, that is. Still, those are the other options I can think of. You can try fighting, but I doubt it would do anything else than to make the situation worse either way." His voice was serious. Serious, calm, but still somewhat friendly. People would probably disagree with him, but Andrew didn't care, if they seriously were considering fighting in this situation, then they wouldn't listen to reason.

She tried to stay calm in the chaos. They were high in the air, in a plane filled with dead bodies, murdered innocents, and was currently on track to cause more deaths. What to do? What to do? She felt useless. The others could possibly do something, like change the path of the plane. All she could do was induce feelings. It was a dire situation. Enough people were dead already, so she could understand why some of the group wanted to save the others. Nevertheless, playing at being heroes was a dangerous thing as well. Andrew was a prime example of that. She rose and addressed the group, "Remember, we're no good dead. I hate it as well, but we are the priority here." As she stood, she put her shaking hands in her pockets, keeping up the calm facade and continued, "Regardless, is there a way to change the flight path of the plane? Maybe conjure up some strong winds or something?"

Oh no. Able stared blankly at the scene of carnage that lurked behind them in every other class on the plane. They'd been butchered. Mutilated! Ripped apart like some kind of animal had goten loose in there... and that voice.

Fellow gods... what are they?

The others were all shouting out plans and tactics, Prometheus seemed to have lost any and all ability to act on his own. Able clenched his eyes shut, trying to block out the bloody sights around him and just let the words and their meaning sink in.

There were a lot of good points going around.

We can't stop Dio if we're dead. - But we can't let the people on the ground die. What good are we if we can't even help people?

We could get the others out, it's too cramped in here anyway, we could end up getting herded together like the people back there. - But whatever it is, it got up here, who's to say it couldn't follow.

We don't know what we're fighting or if we stand a chance against it, we can't just rush in blind... but it's in the cockpit with the pilot. We can't let the only person who can land the plane die and the only way to get to them... is to get to them.

So that was it. They had to get into the cockpit, they had to protect the pilot. And they had to take care of whatever it was that had killed everyone else. Either by killing it or distracting it until they could get the plane on the ground safely. Able hoped they could kill it, the thought of keeping it running around without killing any of them for who knows how long wasn't a good one.

But how was he supposed to tell the others that? He looked around, trying to grab their attention but they were all wrapped up in their little tactics meeting. Damnit! His mind screamed, raging against his body's short comings. He had to do something though!

Remus was closest. He could be useful and Etna, they'd definitely need her in case the pilot was brainwashed or paniced from all the crazy. They were running out of time, he didn't have time to write it down and show them all, they couldn't understand his signing. Able just had to trust them and hope they'd know what to do... and what he was trying to do.

They wont. But it's do or die.

He patted Remus and Etna on the shoulder and gave them what might be a final, poignant, look. His face read 'Trust me.' He hoped they could tell. Able ushered for them to follow him before rushing down the isle and slamming into the cockpit door with his shoulder, trying to break it down and get to the people inside. Outwardly he was cold as steel.

Inwardly: Shiiiiiiiitttttt!

"Regardless, is there a way to change the flight path of the plane? Maybe conjure up some strong winds or something?" Etna said, calmly.

"I can cover the wind, but I'll need to get outside to do it." Vera said, just as calm. "Though once I take wind form, I won't be able to help with anything else." she finished, giving the warning. If they weren't running, than they needed a front line; a front line she couldn't be a part of as a gust of wind.

Dan sneered at the voice on the intercom. He would love to save the captain, but they had only heard a scared voice. And now one calling himself a 'fellow god' was slurring into the intercom. Everyone else was panicking, but there was a voice in Dan's head, telling him that man was a goner... But yet...

"Remus." Dan made his horse walk up to him, and held his swords out for him, "Take this, go to the cockpit with Aria. I know she has spells for combat. Don't worry about the plane, I have an idea." Dan walked towards Vera, and held out a hand to help her onto the horse.

"Okay, you can turn into wind, right? you and I should be able to hold the plane up for awhile, but we might need someone else to help out. I know Abe is strong as all hell, but he's busy. Prometheus would be my second choice. Or we can just try it with the two of us. What do you say?"

Prometheus thankfully backed up her statement that they should save the captain which helped her calm her nerves, but then the voice taunted them over the intercom and Able charged off. What is he doing? We have hours and they need the pilot to steer the plane, we need to do something but we need to be calm. Etna had declared that they should hold up the plane, but even that seemed something they didn't need to worry about yet, I doubt V as wind can hold up an entire plane, and if she wants to crash it into Rome we have hours to go before that's a concern.

She focused on Able for a second, there was little she could do on the plane but she could help him, a aura of light enveloped him for an instant giving him a blessing of victory and strength. She turned to the others taking a deep breath to steady herself.

"We still have hours before we reach Rome, we should try and take the plane back, if she wants to crash it into Rome we have plenty of time before it goes down," she said, hoping they would all listen to her "The easiest way to change the flight path would be to get in the cockpit."

She felt ready to charge after Able, he had acted without them and if they didn't help he might get in over his head easily, though she was still too hesitant to charge after him in the enclosed space without the others.

A pat on the shoulder. It was Able. A determined look. But why was he slamming the cockpit door? What he was doing seemed like suicide. Perhaps with his ability he could act the hero and survive. Nevertheless, plans were being tangled up in other plans. Rather like the threads of feelings, as sometimes they become tangled and do not go the desired way. She had experienced that too many. Etna could insert a new thread in the tapestry here and there, but could not guarantee the results. Her ability was such a risk, and an affront to free will itself. Part of her mildly envied Able's ability, as it allowed him to protect others and himself. Regardless, Etna turned around and went after Able. She hastily said to the others as she ran, "There's no point in keeping this thing in the air. It's going down anyway. The best we can do is force it to land in the ocean."

"...What do you say?" Dan said, holding out his hand for her.

Vera nodded and said "I say we go for it while the others do what they do best." Ignoring Dan's hand; transforming into her wind form instead; but not before adding "You open the door, let the horse out, and close it behind you. I'll keep the cabin pressurized."

Thus, Vera was gone with the wind - literally.

"You open the door, let the horse out, and close it behind you. I'll keep the cabin pressurized."

"Err, right." Dan withdrew his hand, and put trotted Sleipnir to the door. He placed his hand on the lever, and threw another quick glance over his shoulder. Of course he didn't see her, he sighed and threw it open, hoping desperately the others had managed to get into the cockpit by now.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . . . 45 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here