A Space for the Unbound release date trailer January 19, 2023 Mojiken Studio Toge Productions Indonesia 90s Nintendo Switch PS4 PS5 Xbox One Series PC GOG Steam EGS

A Space for the Unbound Brings Indonesian Slice-of-Life Adventure in January

At the November 2022 Nintendo Indie World Showcase, Toge Productions and Mojiken Studio shared the release date trailer for A Space for the Unbound, a slice-of-life adventure set in ’90s Indonesia. A Space for the Unbound will launch digitally on January 19, 2023 on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, and PC via Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store. Per Gematsu, the game will receive a physical release on Switch and PS5 in Japan.

Recommended Videos

As Nintendo PR explains: “A Space for the Unbound tells a story about the relationship between a boy and a girl with supernatural powers. When a mysterious power threatens their existence, they must explore their town to uncover hidden secrets, face the end of the world and perhaps learn more about each other.” And as today’s release date trailer demonstrates, A Space for the Unbound continues to be a showcase for beautiful pixel art, one of the game’s major draws. The art is inspired by the work of Makoto Shinkai, who created Your Name.

Today’s Indie World Showcase really wasn’t full of showstoppers, but it had some promising games like this one that warrant attention. For more games showcased today, check out sports RPG Sports Story, plant-based puzzle game Botany Manor, hand-drawn co-op adventure Blanc, and our full roundup of all the games that appeared.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article It’s Official, Prime Video’s Fallout Is Getting a Season 2
Read Article Everything Coming to Fortnite for Star Wars Day 2024
Fortnite x Star Wars 2024 Logo
Read Article Remnant 2 Teases The Forgotten Kingdom DLC With Invoker Archetype Trailer
Remnant 2 The Forgotten Kingdom Cover
Related Content
Read Article It’s Official, Prime Video’s Fallout Is Getting a Season 2
Read Article Everything Coming to Fortnite for Star Wars Day 2024
Fortnite x Star Wars 2024 Logo
Read Article Remnant 2 Teases The Forgotten Kingdom DLC With Invoker Archetype Trailer
Remnant 2 The Forgotten Kingdom Cover
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.