Star Wars: Outlaws

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

15 years have passed since the end of the Clone Wars, and the rise of the new Galactic Empire. The Great Jedi Purge has annihilated the once grand order of the Jedi, leaving only handfuls scattered across the galaxy, in hiding. The powerful Imperial Navy, the symbol of the Empire's oppression, patrol the Imperial domain, remaining all of the Emperor's power.

However, even under the heavy thumb of the Empire, there are still those ready to fight. Resistance cells pop up like weeds, always a thorn in the Empire's side. While most are crushed with extreme prejudice, there are those who withstand the Imperial onslaught, and continue to fight on.

It is in this galaxy in conflict that the Kepla flies. A ship of multiple purposes, its services are usually sold to the highest bidder, though sometimes it does some simple smuggling to pay the bills. You are a member of the Kepla's crew, whatever your reasons for joining were, and you'll be along for the ride as the ship thumbs its nose at the Empire, crimelords and Rebels alike.

if you need anything change let me know.

hope this is interesting enough to be considered.
and if there's not enough characters, i'd love to make a second with your permission.

Outcast107:
Malak

mcpop9:
Luna

I was wondering why Malak's bio talked so much about a Twi'lek. Yeah, I like the potential these two have.

-As for another character, mcpop, I'll keep your offer in mind.

Okay, let's try this then...

Okay so a re-work of my smuggler. I pretty much copy pasted the sheet and changed the biography around. I was happy with how she was before so I promise the similar appearance is just a coincidence. BUT I would be happy to tweak the sheet should it be needed.

FalloutJack:
Bob the killbot

I like the concept, but I need to know a little more about his eccentricities. Is he likely to fly off the handle and be a threat to the crew? If so, his skill at killing would have to be undeniably efficient for Lysa to risk letting him on board.

sage42:
Saalia Knoses

I like it, but I don't think the age makes sense, given the birth year. It's 4 BBY, so she'd have to be...53?

EmperorZuma:

FalloutJack:
Bob the killbot

I like the concept, but I need to know a little more about his eccentricities. Is he likely to fly off the handle and be a threat to the crew? If so, his skill at killing would have to be undeniably efficient for Lysa to risk letting him on board.

"Over the years of survival, combat, and attempted repairs, he has managed to make himself not 100% lethal to any group of people who might be holding a gun in his vicinity, which is good."

This implies that he has managed to fix the aspect of his personality that killed an entire board of directors by accident. He has a working friend-or-foe protocol, certainly. If you need me to say so outright, that's alright with me. Actual eccentricities would include speech errors, voice/personality errors, and decision errors in certain actions. Think...Strax from Doctor Who at times.

FalloutJack:

This implies that he has managed to fix the aspect of his personality that killed an entire board of directors by accident. He has a working friend-or-foe protocol, certainly. If you need me to say so outright, that's alright with me. Actual eccentricities would include speech errors, voice/personality errors, and decision errors in certain actions. Think...Strax from Doctor Who at times.

Oh, ok, yeah, that works.

EmperorZuma:
*le snip*

Is it? huh my mistake, I was working off the dates I had set. Order 66 went out around 25 BBY she was 32 then. fast forward 15 years....well No matter how I do my math on that one I screwed up...but hey I can always alter the bio, birth year don't make much difference with this one.

sage42:
Is it? huh my mistake, I was working off the dates I had set. Order 66 went out around 25 BBY she was 32 then. fast forward 15 years....well No matter how I do my math on that one I screwed up...but hey I can always alter the bio, birth year don't make much difference with this one.

Where did you find it was issued in 25 BBY? All of my sources say it was 19 BBY.

EmperorZuma:

sage42:

Where did you find it was issued in 25 BBY? All of my sources say it was 19 BBY.

And this is where the egg hits my face. Honestly I dunno where I read it. Welp time for a quick update on the dates I guess.

A bump for the thread, i'll have a sheet done on the 'morrow

I am potentially interested. What sort of positions would be needed on the ship? I was thinking of making a character that is basically in control of information. You know, background checks on potential clients, information on current targets. Basically, if any information is needed, my character either can get it, or knows someone who can get it. Would that be a helpful character? And if so...what would that position be called?

thebobmaster:
I am potentially interested. What sort of positions would be needed on the ship? I was thinking of making a character that is basically in control of information. You know, background checks on potential clients, information on current targets. Basically, if any information is needed, my character either can get it, or knows someone who can get it. Would that be a helpful character? And if so...what would that position be called?

There are too many potential jobs on the ship to list, it would actually be easier to list what positions are unavailable.

Unfortunately, that character falls into the latter category, mainly because most of the information he/she would provide (regarding clients and targets) would have to come from me anyway.

However, we could still have a navigator, someone who is aware of the hidden places of the galaxy, rather than the hidden people.

Fair enough. I'll try to whip up a character sheet fairly quickly.

thebobmaster:
Narissa

Redryhno:
Hissigk

Both lovely sheets.

Let's see...we have two general fighters (with one good at bookkeeping), a navigator, two engineers, and a gunner. What other jobs should we have filled before our ragtag group takes off? I'm not entirely sure, but I think we're full up on engineers and basic muscle.

Well one more Gunner would be handy unless the good captain fills in the roll as well. There are two gun bays. Also because I never actually said I did it, I did get my sheet patched up.

sage42:
Well one more Gunner would be handy unless the good captain fills in the roll as well. There are two gun bays. Also because I never actually said I did it, I did get my sheet patched up.

"My combat protocols more than make up for a lack of- -and the Huttball goes WIDE into the acid pool!"

Bob shakes his head.

"Apologies. This patch is malfunctioning."

FalloutJack:

sage42:

"My combat protocols more than make up for a lack of- -and the Huttball goes WIDE into the acid pool!"

Bob shakes his head.

Yes because we'll trust the droid that spontaneously burst into the third round of the Huttball game mid battle with a giant blaster cannon.......actually this could be a good thing. Could make mid-flight fight more fun.

sage42:

FalloutJack:

sage42:

Bob shakes his head.

Yes because we'll trust the droid that spontaneously burst into the third round of the Huttball game mid battle with a giant blaster cannon.......actually this could be a good thing. Could make mid-flight fight more fun.

"friend-or-foe protocols are operating within tolerable limits."

He notices a squat little droid and follows it into an alley. Telltale sounds of wreckage and "WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!" follow.

Hope this is good, if anything needs changing just say.

CaptainHook69:
Vashma Zess

I like the idea of a much more experienced character, but could he have a more...specific task on the ship? Could his skills in medicine be more substantial, perhaps? I only ask cause I'm finding it hard to place him on the ship, and I would like more variety than the bunch of brutes (generally) we're getting.

Asclepion:
Aiko

I can sympathize with you for putting this character up, seeing as how she didn't have a chance to show her stuff in the last SW RP. However, this character hits hard droid cap, and might not get in (depending on how the roster forms in my head). Along with that, the history still reflects what happens to her beyond the time the RP is in, and doesn't say how she got into the Kepla's crew.

I will say, I like the idea of someone skilled at infiltration. Perhaps make the character a changeling instead of a droid?

Hey, I'm writing this Twi'lek guy, a sniper/"communications officer", or spy, you still taking people? (BTW I'm the new guy to the forums. Hi)

KR4U55:
Hey, I'm writing this Twi'lek guy, a sniper/"communications officer", or spy, you still taking people? (BTW I'm the new guy to the forums. Hi)

Welcome! :D

KR4U55:

Welcome indeed. I'm sure you've gotten the Official welcome somewhere, or will from someone who remembers the whole thing, so the truncated version for now. Welcome to The Escapist; it's better here, so long as you stay out of the basement.

KR4U55:

I'm still accepting sheet, yes. Either one of your ideas would fit the crew, so just make whatever you're most invested in. Welcome to the forums.

barrrrumpity bump bump

I'll probably close this for sheets on Wednesday, Thursday if something comes up.

Sorry, it's been a crazy weekend, I've been more busy than at the actual week. Here, my super special awesome sniper. He's not a hardened veteran, but a snarky dude who's looking for a job as a spacer.

I now present to you the ragtag crew of the Kepla:

I apologize to everyone who made the effort to make these entertaining sheets above this post and didn't make it in. As I started working out the crew dynamic and how jobs will play out, I realized that it would just be too difficult to follow if I let everyone in.

I'll make a group for the crew right now and start the journey in just a couple of hours.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here