Elder Scrolls: The Beasts (interest/sign-up thread)

Elder Scrolls: The Beasts

A call has gone out for adventurers, hunters, killers. A powerful wizard has created a new race of beasts- werewolves, some name them. They are no such thing. But they are very dangerous, unlike anything Tamriel has ever seen before. Bestial, vaguely bear-like in shape with stunted, vestigal wings and murderous red eyes. The Empire has put out a call for anyone to hunt down these beasts, promising vast riches and a single boon from the Empress for any who manage to stop the menace.

A warrior of some renown is putting together a party to take up this quest. Said warrior, a redguard name Szo, put out the call for adventurers in the Imperial City some weeks ago, and selected some applicants to go with him. You are one of those selected, one who applied and impressed Szo with your skills and ability. Whatever your reasons for going, you have only an hour or less left before your party rides out to meet destiny. And some monsters. Same thing, really, in Tamriel.

Hello and welcome to Elder Scrolls: The Beasts, an Elder Scrolls-based rp. The game takes place in 3E 172, during the golden years of Empress Katariah, widow of Mad Pelagius. The world is in what would be a golden age, with all provinces having bowed to the Empire, and a perfectly sane and competent ruler on the throne, except for the Beasts this wizard has created.
So that's your goal: find the wizard, stick pointy things in his chest until he dies, and hope that makes the monsters go away. Along the way, well. You will decide what happens along the way. Don't trust a teammate? Have a duel! Want to investigate that spooky ruin? Grab your pals and check it out. It's up to you, honest. The world-devouring monstrosities can wait.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Standard rules apply: Don't mary sue, don't godmod, and treat your fellow roleplayers with respect, even if you don't agree with them. (And if you have a problem with something I'm doing or a call I made, please talk to me about it. I'm perfectly willing to adjust things based on player feedback, so talk to me instead of just quitting or grinning and bearing it.)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And without further ado.

There's not a specific start date yet, but probably no sooner than next weekend and almost definitely no later than June 10th.

Accepted characters:

SPARTANXIII:
I think you'll know who's coming!

Ruedyn:

IFS:

I was always sad I didn't get to do much with this character, happy I can give it another go.

GreysonRoss:

deathbydeath:

Josh12345:
Posting character sheet here:

I think you'll know who's coming!

SPARTANXIII:
-Snip-

You don't mind if I do something with the Warrior Smiths, right?

I was always sad I didn't get to do much with this character, happy I can give it another go.

SPARTANXIII:
snip

Ruedyn:
snip

IFS:
snip

Let's not even pretend you three didn't know you were getting in.
If we don't get anyone else- which is looking alarmingly likely- we'll try and run it with just us and see how it works. Maybe better than if we had more.

I'm not sure whether to try and re-establish Umbra in this context, or do something else (or not at all). I like Umbra and I think he's the least shit character I've written/had been accepted. However, I can't copy-paste him here as most of his life is reliant on events between Oblivion and Skyrim, and upon more inspection I'll probably have to do more editing. However, I'm going to semi-leave civilization this Sunday, with my potential internet access and writing time hamstrung. I could probably pull off being in an RP, but I'd be one of the less sporadic posters.

I dunno why I'm even posting this. Have fun, and I might put a sheet up.

deathbydeath:
I dunno why I'm even posting this. Have fun, and I might put a sheet up.

If you can't do it now, but would like to, we could let you join at a later date. It wouldn't be much trouble to work in, really, and I have no real intentions of ever closing this thing completely.

GreysonRoss:
snip

You've got a couple problems, not to be mean or anything.

OP:

We're using Morrowind's skillset, with Climbing added, if anyone wants to use it, bringing the total up to 28. You can pick 3 major skills and 5 minor skills to use. (While I love playing Skyrim, its skill system is a mess to try and rp with. So pick these, just to make my life easier.) If you want, you can sacrifice two minor skills to make one of your three major skills up to master. (One master skill, two major, three minor.)

You have one master, five major, and five minor.
So you need to remove three major skills, and two minor skills if you want to keep archery as a master skill.

One handed, two handed, and pickpocket are a part of other skills. See here for a list of the skills we're using.

Jarl Dengeir of Stuhn won't be born for another four hundred years, give or take.

OP, again:

The game takes place in 3E 172...

And the third era ends in 3e 433, and then the event of Skyrim happen in 4E201, right around four hundred years after the events of this rp. So while Dengeir is old, I do not think he is that old.

How did she get her equipment? Falkreath is one of the poorest Holds. Even putting aside her father not having been born yet, no Jarl except probably Whiterun, Solitude and Winterhold could possibly afford ebony weapons. So maybe downgrade it, or add how she got them through adventuring/robbing/whatever.

You've kind of got a conflict in your intentions here. She has a "slight lack of warrior knowledge", yet she's (as you have her written right now) expert-level or better in four fighting skills. That does not quite work. A novice who doesn't know anything is not going to be expert in anything, and someone who's expert in something is going to have had plenty of practical experience, not needing to study books to know anything.

That's all that's definitely wrong, but a couple of things caught my attention, but mostly just expand on the bio. Where did she receive this warrior training she got four years ago? Where does she get these books? That sort of thing. You have her childhood covered, -ish, but her actual life is still a big blank. So fill that in somewhat more, if you would.

So after going over the sheet a couple more times, I decided I probably need to spell this out as clearly as I can: This game has nothing to do with Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. If anything, it's closer in style to the third game of the series, Morrowind, whose skills we're using.
(And I realize this is just a repost of a sheet from another rp, but if you're going to apply here as well, you might ought to read the op somewhat.)

UPDATE FOR THE REST OF YOU:
We're going to start sometime Sunday, but it won't be closed to new submissions just yet. I'll make the group and whatnot Friday/Saturday and then we'll start Sunday, probably. Hopefully.

All edited, your Highness... :3

Holy poop, I have an idea for a character. Tell me Sam, if our character was based around grappling/wrestling, would that fall under 'unarmed', or some amalgamation of unarmed, athletics, or possibly armor?

deathbydeath:
Holy poop, I have an idea for a character. Tell me Sam, if our character was based around grappling/wrestling, would that fall under 'unarmed', or some amalgamation of unarmed, athletics, or possibly armor?

I would say unarmed mainly, but atletics would definitely be a pretty good skill to have for throwing people around. Unarmored would be the defensive side, assuming s/he does it without armor. ... If that's what you meant by "armor" I guess.

GreysonRoss:
All edited, your Highness... :3

Looks better. Good enough, thank you.

SPARTANXIII:
snip

Ruedyn:
snip

IFS:
snip

GreysonRoss:
snip

ALRIGHT YOU LOT:
Go here and join. We'll probably still start Sunday, I'm just getting everything set up.

As for any others considering applying, just pm me your sheet whenever you finish it, and we'll work out how you'll join (if you finish it after we start/Sunday.)

Edit: Wow I am an idiot. Link is fixed.

Oh shit, I need to get this done.

I'll PM it in a minute, in case you were wondering.

Posting character sheet here:

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked