Skyrim adventure

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Greetings any and all skyrim fans. Ill tell you right off the bat, Im new to escapist and its way of doing rolplaying. But I would really like to make a Skyrim themed rp cause I really like the game. I have looked at other threads for inspiration on how to carry it out and got a pure basic Idea. I think its best for all though if I get some advice, input, and maybe some recommendations on how we can do this. Once we get everything figured out Ill be happy to get this bad boy going.

I look forward to hearing your advice (please just PM me)

i'd love to help you get something set up, but i am already in a number of rp's so i wouldn't be able to participate.

Thats ok im more in the phase of figuring things out then eneything at the moment.

what would you like help with?

First things first. I recommend you take a look at this, one of the two stickied threads in this forum:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.116378-Escapist-role-playing-and-you

This'll give you an insight into how the role-playing forum works.

As for starting up a thread, since you're new I strongly suggest you start by getting some experience in RPing before trying to start up a thread of your own. Running a role-play can be difficult at times, especially if you're using a source such as the Elder Scrolls universe which has a considerable amount of lore to it.

As a side note, you may want to touch up on your use of punctuation and grammar. Just a thought, but one that could get you places.

OK heres what I got. As I mentioned in my first post I did a little digging for some inspiration. I think it would be cool to have a starting setting (ex. Bandit camp, Hill side, etc.) from their the first character is introduced and people have opportunities to jump into the action provided they provide basic information of their character like so...

NAME:
RACE:
EQUIPMENT:
PERSONALITY:
BRIEF BIO:

Ontop of what counter attack said, the character sheet could be a bit more fleshed out.

what you have is a good start, but something more along the lines of

Name:

Sex:

Race:

Appearance:

Equipment:

Personality:

Bio:

gives a bit more depth to characters.

I hope this is a decent sheet so far I'm slowly doing the bio

Captain Anon:

It is but remember, this is based off the Elder scrolls universe so it would be more appropriate to name your race as one of the fallowing...

Nord
Imperial
Redguard
Breton
Argonian
Bosmer (Wood elf)
Altmer (High elf)
Orsimer (orc)
Khajiit
Dunmer (Dark elf)

Clade-170:

I pick Nord as my guy's race

Just a little something I came up with. I may be prone to edit it but generally this is what I had in mind.

Ok, I think I'm just about done figuring things out. As I finish up I'd like to ask people interested in joining this RP to PM me your character sheet so I may look over them and choose. I'm only excepting 8 spots to begin with, however, later on I may allow more people to join as the plot develops. But if you'r interested in joining, go ahead and PM me your sheets.

Clade-170:

Just a little something I came up with. I may be prone to edit it but generally this is what I had in mind.

here my own little gift to you as i've fixed your image

Captain Anon:

Clade-170:

here my own little gift to you as i've fixed your image

lol, thanks Captain Anon.

Clade-170:

lol, thanks Captain Anon.

no problem just be sure to use those two if you do any other RPs, oh and just to make sure my guy's class is what they call "Shadow Warrior" being a expert in stealth and using the shadows to fight

Yo. Here's a character sheet that I did for another Skyrim RP a while back, copypasted and everything:

Also, spelling/grammar is what all the kids are into these days.

I tried sending this through PM, but the Image wouldn't show through, so yeah.

GreysonRoss:
I tried sending this through PM, but the Image wouldn't show through, so yeah.

Thats fine, If any one else has same difficulty just go ahead and post it.

wow i join and suddenly we get two people in the same evening, I think this RP will do very well for itself

Agreed, but I still need more people to start and I think I'm going to expand the cap to 10 now...Thinking about it.

right-yo then, I'll just wait for abit

I wouldn't raise the cap that large, but I guess so. Considering we already have 4 members, I was thinking maybe 8 or 7, but that's cool. (I'm moving this weekend, so I may not be able to post if you start this weekend, is that okay?)

GreysonRoss:
I wouldn't raise the cap that large, but I guess so. Considering we already have 4 members, I was thinking maybe 8 or 7, but that's cool. (I'm moving this weekend, so I may not be able to post if you start this weekend, is that okay?)

Like I said, I'm thinking about it. I may or may not actually do it, depends on what plot I come up with.

I wouldn't worry too much about group sizes. I was once in an RP that started with fifteen players. That was a blessing though, because I want to say about half dropped it after a relatively short while.

Also, a description of what's going to be happening and an idea as to the structure would probably help round up a few more people.

deathbydeath:
I wouldn't worry too much about group sizes. I was once in an RP that started with fifteen players. That was a blessing though, because I want to say about half dropped it after a relatively short while.

Also, a description of what's going to be happening and an idea as to the structure would probably help round up a few more people.

Excellent point deathbydeath, though as to avoid losing people that already signed up I think we should all come to an agreement before I post an official outline of whats to come.

Clade-170:
Excellent point deathbydeath, though as to avoid losing people that already signed up I think we should all come to an agreement before I post an official outline of whats to come.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If three people signed up with character sheets when all that is said about an RP is "Skyrim", I doubt those people would willingly leave.

deathbydeath:

Clade-170:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If three people signed up with character sheets when all that is said about an RP is "Skyrim", I doubt those people would willingly leave.

he as a very good point and i agree with it

Very well, let me show you all what I have in mind. feel free to ask questions or recommend something to make it better...

I like the story! :D
But there should be another Antagonist, like a Dragon or something.

GreysonRoss:
I like the story! :D
But there should be another Antagonist, like a Dragon or something.

hm i agree we need something like someone else is going after the relics or some bad guy i guess

Perhaps the Thalmor is involved, and if you know ANYTHING about Skyrim, then you know how they are ;).

Clade-170:
Perhaps the Thalmor is involved, and if you know ANYTHING about Skyrim, then you know how they are ;).

oh god yes we was have the Thalmor so some of us can kill them

Maybe the man who sends us on our quests is a member of some order that is on the Thalmor's big time hit list. Psijic maybe?

Clade-170:
Maybe the man who sends us on our quests is a member of some order that is on the Thalmor's big time hit list. Psijic maybe?

Or just an anti-Thalmor fellow, presumably with wealth and influence. A fellow from Markarth, perhaps?

EDIT: Also, while I like the idea you came up with, could you shed a tad more light on the relic? I'd really like to reinsert Umbra in here, the thing would need to be either Dwarven or soul gem related.

Clade-170:

that's even better and my guy would love to do it as well he's has a pure hatred for the Thalmor

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked