'The Rush!' - An Epic Racing RP (Interest/Recruitment)

====================================================================================================

"You don't exactly look like you're from around here, an I'll bet right now you're feeling mighty confused. In a place like this, that's ain't exactly a safe state of mind for a man or lady to be in. If you wanna get by from one day to the next, you'd best prick up your ears and let this old-timer fill you in on some local history. I guess I should start from the very beginning. Don't worry, it ain't a long story. Or, well, maybe it would be if I knew the finer details. Heh, I guess that's just rule number one about this town though, about this whole damn planet even. If you're not paying attention, a lot of things can pass you by..."

How it all began:

How it all went to shit:

"Hey! Are you still listenin'! I'm just gettin' to the good part; an' I'm gettin' a might thirsty. You want me to keep talkin', you better start buying me drinks!"

How it all REALLY went to shit:

How 'The Rush' began:

"So, whaddaya say kid? You reckon you got what it takes?"

=================================================================================================

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand out of character! If you like what you just read and you want to post a character sheet, then here's a template for what details I need you to put down.

I will post my own character sheet or sheets tomorrow, as it's now really late over here. In the mean time, please let me know of your interest, and if you have any queries, feel free to ask them here or in a PM to me. Start your engines people! :)

Sorry for the wait, here's my character sheet now...

Wow, is RP just really slow right now, or is there a problem? Anybody even have a question to ask, or just want to express interest without putting down a character sheet yet?

Whilst this does sound like an interesting RP, and if I knew what type of character I'd want to play, I certainly consider putting something up, it's just I don't have any characters for the moment I'm afraid.

Also, obligatory page bump.

Evrant:
Whilst this does sound like an interesting RP, and if I knew what type of character I'd want to play, I certainly consider putting something up, it's just I don't have any characters for the moment I'm afraid.

Also, obligatory page bump.

Thank you, and be sure to tell me if you think of something.

I should probably also post up some ground rules for this thing...

Here's a character sheet. Let me know if anything needs changing. Also, will more details be provided about the world, like the great waste, chungduks etc?

Also, could you please explain "Forum dice" to me, I've never heard of that before.

WhyBotherToTry:
Here's a character sheet. Let me know if anything needs changing. Also, will more details be provided about the world, like the great waste, chungduks etc?

Also, could you please explain "Forum dice" to me, I've never heard of that before.

I'm really digging your character sheet man. Nice job! :)

Yes, there's going to be a lot more detail in the world once the RP actually starts. I didn't explain everything right now because of the style in which I chose to introduce things, and also because I didn't want massive walls of text meeting everyone who came to this thread. As for your more specific queries, Chungduks are a form of alien wildlife found on Terra Theta (Imaging an Ostrich, but with bright orange and purple plumage, and large enough to swallow a man whole). and the Great Waste is an expanse of arid desert that exists on the southern continent that the players will have to pass though over the course of The Rush. Forum Dice (that's probably not an official term, I just call them that) are the virtual dice used in the User groups of some RP's to determine the outcomes of certain actions. Say a player takes a high risk action, the GM states that they have to roll above a certain number in order for that action to succeed.

NinjaDeathSlap:
Snip.

I'm not really sure I understand the bit about forum dice. For example, say I wanted to attack someone, would I then be sent a message saying what I needed to perform the action, and the number I actually rolled?

WhyBotherToTry:

NinjaDeathSlap:
Snip.

I'm not really sure I understand the bit about forum dice. For example, say I wanted to attack someone, would I then be sent a message saying what I needed to perform the action, and the number I actually rolled?

Is this your first RP?

If yes, then you'll understand better once we actually set up the User Group.

Basically, it's the same concept as any tabletop role-play that uses dice to determine outcomes, only because this is online it's not actually using physical dice, rather a random number generator that's attached to the group chat.

If you wanted to attack someone, either another player character, or an NPC that I determine is important enough to warrant a roll, I'd send you a message in group chat as GM, saying that you need to roll to determine whether or not you are successful, and how much you need to get to determine that (for example, 10+ on a 1d 20 (10 or more on a 20-sided dice)). You then click to roll. If you get 10 or above, you win. If you get less than 10, you lose, and how far below 10 you got may determine how much you are penalized by said failure.

Does that make it slightly more clear?

NinjaDeathSlap:

WhyBotherToTry:

NinjaDeathSlap:
Snip.

Is this your first RP?

If yes, then you'll understand better once we actually set up the User Group.

Basically, it's the same concept as any tabletop role-play that uses dice to determine outcomes, only because this is online it's not actually using physical dice, rather a random number generator that's attached to the group chat.

If you wanted to attack someone, either another player character, or an NPC that I determine is important enough to warrant a roll, I'd send you a message in group chat as GM, saying that you need to roll to determine whether or not you are successful, and how much you need to get to determine that (for example, 10+ on a 1d 20 (10 or more on a 20-sided dice)). You then click to roll. If you get 10 or above, you win. If you get less than 10, you lose, and how far below 10 you got may determine how much you are penalized by said failure.

Does that make it slightly more clear?

Yes, that clears it up a bit, thanks. I didn't know that random number generators could even be attached to user groups. Out of curiosity, is that a standard feature on the site when setting up a user group for an RP?

Also, no this isn't my first RP, I have done one before, but it didn't involve dice.

WhyBotherToTry:
snip

No, it's an optional feature, which would explain why you haven't come across it before.

As a matter of interest, how many people will take part in this RP? By that I mean actual players, not NPC's.

Also, yes I will admit it, a little bit of my reason for posting this was to bump up the thread.

WhyBotherToTry:
As a matter of interest, how many people will take part in this RP? By that I mean actual players, not NPC's.

Also, yes I will admit it, a little bit of my reason for posting this was to bump up the thread.

It entirely depends on how many good characters we get. I'm looking for 6 or 7 player characters that are to a good standard at the very least. Now, these can come from 6 or seven individual participants, or they can come from certain participants controlling more than one character, I'm not too fussed. Beyond that, it's just a question of how many more we can get. The recruitment process will probably take a while, as I'm moving house in mid-July, during which time I'll be offline for a few days, so I don't want the RP to have already started by then.

I was going to post a second character sheet of my own soon, either later today or at some time tomorrow. I also have at least one more player who's going to bring something to the table as soon as he's able, although I don't know how many sheets he plans on writing at this time. Rest assured, we're still alive, and I hope once we get a little further off the ground, this thread will start attracting some more attention. :)

Ok, here's my second character sheet. Here's hoping it will help inspire a few more people...

Expressing my interest, and giving a friendly little bump.

I love the idea, but I've got some stuff I need to catch up on first.

Definitely looks interesting, and I'll certainly being making a character (will put it up as soon as I'm done), as long as you don't mind someone who's new to this whole RP stuff (this would be the first I took part in hehehe, >_>''''')

Baddamobs:
Definitely looks interesting, and I'll certainly being making a character (will put it up as soon as I'm done), as long as you don't mind someone who's new to this whole RP stuff (this would be the first I took part in hehehe, >_>''''')

Unfortunately, this RP was stillborn a long time ago. I'm glad you liked the concept, but in all honesty the few people who made sheets for it to begin with have probably forgotten all about it by now.

NinjaDeathSlap:

Baddamobs:

Unfortunately, this RP was stillborn a long time ago. I'm glad you liked the concept, but in all honesty the few people who made sheets for it to begin with have probably forgotten all about it by now.

Oh, damn, really? Just finishing up the character sheet too. Well, I'll post it here anyway, if that's alright?

Well, if things pick up, just let me know, if you still want to do it after things pick up that is. These kind of things can take time, after all, and maybe it will get picked up on the radar at some point.

Baddamobs:

NinjaDeathSlap:

Baddamobs:

Oh, damn, really? Just finishing up the character sheet too. Well, I'll post it here anyway, if that's alright?

Well, if things pick up, just let me know, if you still want to do it after things pick up that is. These kind of things can take time, after all, and maybe it will get picked up on the radar at some point.

That is actually a very good sheet, which makes it twice as unfortunate that this is one non-starter that I don't think I'll be giving another round. I've got different plans for this idea now.

Never say never though, so I'd hold that thought if I were you. :)

NinjaDeathSlap:

Baddamobs:

NinjaDeathSlap:

That is actually a very good sheet, which makes it twice as unfortunate that this is one non-starter that I don't think I'll be giving another round. I've got different plans for this idea now.

Never say never though, so I'd hold that thought if I were you. :)

Haha, thanks xD. Yea, I'll hold onto it, and if all else fails, I can always shift good ol' Ben around to maybe some other RP's if I edited his sheet enough. In any case, good luck in your future endeavours, and I hope to see you in another place and another time, and (if the examples of other RP's I've seen are anything to go by) probably another galaxy...

NinjaDeathSlap:

Baddamobs:

I'd still be interested if it's going ahead.

I'd be interested in this too.

Deu Sex:
snip

WhyBotherToTry:
snip

Baddamobs:
snip

Well this would have been nice back in June. :P

I'll tell you what, even if I did decide I wanted to have another shot at this, there are some significant changes I'd like to make to the OP. So, treat this thread as just an interest thread for now. If enough people want to get involved, then I'll consider post another recruitment thread, with a much more refined and better presented version of this idea.

I'm not making any promises though. Like I said I've got other plans for this concept now, and on top of that I've recently just staryed another new RP, and am now at University to boot, so I can't promise I'd have the time even if I wanted to.

I must have missed this while on vacation back in June, shame because it's a cool concept. Here are a few questions I would like you to answer me though.

1. Rations are scarce, that's clear to me, but how are we deciding when we run out? Are you just going to chime in at some point and say "HEY, YOU'RE OUT OF FOOD!"

2. Because people can go on different routes, what's to stop me from just avoiding eveyrone from the the get-go and trying to not get killed?

3. SInce everyone is trying to murder the crap out of one another, how is combat decided?

4. How are we balancing out cars? Not all cars are made equal.

5. What's to stop us from sayyyyy, splitting the prize and not murdering one another?

drmigit2:
I must have missed this while on vacation back in June, shame because it's a cool concept. Here are a few questions I would like you to answer me though.

1. Rations are scarce, that's clear to me, but how are we deciding when we run out? Are you just going to chime in at some point and say "HEY, YOU'RE OUT OF FOOD!"

2. Because people can go on different routes, what's to stop me from just avoiding eveyrone from the the get-go and trying to not get killed?

3. SInce everyone is trying to murder the crap out of one another, how is combat decided?

4. How are we balancing out cars? Not all cars are made equal.

5. What's to stop us from sayyyyy, splitting the prize and not murdering one another?

Like I said, there's a lot of changes I'd want to make to the concept if I did end up doing it again. So if it gets that far you may find a lot of these questions answered in the new OP I'd write.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked