The Ashlanders - Chapter 6: The Blind Man's Last Gambit (Closed, Started)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 76 NEXT

The Ashlanders

A Post-Apocalyptic Space Western!

Welcome to "The Ashlanders", an RP about bandit raids, train robberies and good old fashioned wasteland warfare! This RP's best served with some funky beats to set the mood and a quirky imagination. But be warned, not everyone's sanity will survive this disaster!

You ready for some more info dumping? Is that a yes? Please be a yes D:

Almost... there...

Just to cover my bases... all pretty basic stuff... (Thanks Counter!)

If you have any questions you can ask them here or PM me or Binnsyboy.

Thanks again, and good luck with your submission(s)!

Submissions are currently closed!

Table of Contents:

CHAPTER 1: The Great Train Robbery of 3129 (Page 2)

CHAPTER 2: Divide and Conquer (Page 9)

CHAPTER 3: Land of Confusion (Page 18)

CHAPTER 4: Women and Children (Page 33)

CHAPTER 5: As the Palaces Burn (Page 54)

CHAPTER 6: The Blind Man's Last Gambit (Page 70)

Current Characters:

Note: Due to post length restrictions most of the sheets are not in this post. If the spoiler doesn't collapse into a sheet click the character's name to follow a link to the sheet (usually found at the bottom of the character's first post)

Dropped Characters:

Well, shit, this seems like a fantastic RP for me. It's been a while since I've RPed, but this certainly reminds me of a game I hosted a while ago, The Western Frontier, something which I may or not be restarting.

Anyway, consider myself interested, I like what I'm reading. I'll have a sheet ready once I'm sober.

I've been looking at my calendar and realized that this not a good time to dedicate myself to an RP, I'm gonna be busy with family/community service for the entirety of July.

Nukey:
Well, shit, this seems like a fantastic RP for me. It's been a while since I've RPed, but this certainly reminds me of a game I hosted a while ago, The Western Frontier, something which I may or not be restarting.

Anyway, consider myself interested, I like what I'm reading. I'll have a sheet ready once I'm sober.

Good to hear! Let me know if you have any questions!

I wish I could have stayed up long enough to post my first sheet so you guys have a point of reference, but it's already 3:00 AM over here and I should probably get some sleep >.>

I'm actually really digging this :D

I haven't RP'ed in years, but I don't mind giving this one a shot.

Nukey:

Yes, that RP, the one that disappeared off the map during a robot attack if I recall correctly, and that Broken Orange was going to take over, and when that feel through, he decided to start work on an RP of his own, something to do with Vampires I think.

Evrant:

Nukey:

Yes, that RP, the one that disappeared off the map during a robot attack if I recall correctly, and that Broken Orange was going to take over, and when that feel through, he decided to start work on an RP of his own, something to do with Vampires I think.

I'm really sorry about that, I had a lot of things planned for that RP...

A lot of things were going really wrong in my life and I had to forget about RPing, in addition to a lot of other things, in favor of focusing on personal issues, and it took a while to resolve things; if you want, I could PM you the full details. Anyway, once everything got figured out, I went to college not long afterwards, and from that point I was a slave to both education and partying.

This looks really very interesting. I have an idea for a character, and once I've refined it I'll post it up here, which hopefully will be sometime later today...

If you post one for mine. Ok, I'm joking, but seriously I'm getting desperate now. Help a bro out!

OK, I got one! Let me know if you want anything altered. :)

Okay, I'd like to get in on this...

and have some great ideas (well, hopefully you agree) for some characters...

but only fair to warn you, there will be three weeks in August when I will be on vacation, and may not be able to post very often, if at all. Could I still get in on this now, and I don't know... write my characters into a kind of long-term recuperation process so that I can pick them up after those three weeks?

EDIT:
Also, I can't get skype. For whatever reason it flatout refuses to be installed on my laptop.

Sweet consider me signed up

Name: Booker (yeah yeah BioShock Infinite whatever)

Sex: Male

Profession: Bounty Hunter. Good with his tongue and gun. Fairly incompetent with everything else.

Appearance: 6'3, tan, scar across his chin and one down his eye. Very broad and strong. Speaks in a British accent. The largeness of his figure is starkly juxtaposed with the calm withdrawn nature of his voice. He has black hair that he keeps tied up in a ponytail in to prevent it from getting in the way of his eyes.

He wears pragmatic combat gear. Likes to keep a variety of weapons and tools for multiple situations. He also wears a cow boy hat and those Django style sunglasses.

image. Those things.

Personality: Acrimonious, very bitter. He is constantly sarcastic and has a silver tongue. He usually gets himself into trouble but always seems to manage to talk his way out of it. He is haunted by the memories of his fallen fellow band of bounty hunters who were killed in an ambush by Ivory mercenaries. The only person he endangers is himself and those he dislikes and tries to keep his new found allies as protected as possible in the line of combat. Who was once a fervent ladies man has become much shyer and reserved. Dislikes when people question his past or his abilities. Well yell at allies but never hurt them. He likes a good verbal sparring match. He talks a lot and when he can't back it up he admires the person who defeats him or proves him wrong. This occurs very rarely.

Bibliography: Booker was trained from his birth to be a perfect shot. He was the only son of five children and his father was old comparatively speaking to other bandit families when he was born. Taught to be the man of the house, Booker sharpened his wits while working. Whatever free time he had was spent reading, educating himself for whatever challenge would face his family. He was a noted con man as an adolescent. He constantly duped arms traders out of bullets, merchants out of food, and whatever other resources were necessary in order for his family to survive. He was also a ladies man, his sharp with and handsome features were renowned in his town. Soon enough at the age of 17 he signed up as a bounty hunter after teaching his younger sisters how to handle a gun and swindle. To this day 50% of his money goes to his family. He joined up with a gang called "The Ivory Crackers". He grew to love the gangs leader, a 28 year old red haired lady by the name of Ashley. I'll let you connect the dots about what happened between them. Eventually (many speculate 7 years later) Booker and Ashley left he Ivory Crackers to start a new gang, the member of their old one had grown suspicious. The new gang, "Children of the Ash", soon made much headway amongst the bandit families. Within 2 years they had become the most renowned bounty hunters in the world. But the other families grew jealous. During a celebration of the Children of the Ash's 1ooth capture the families slaughtered all of Booker's friends including Ashley. Booker himself was left with several scars and only barely escaped. Crushed by the loss of his love and friends he pissed away all of his fortune on gambling and boozing. Soon the money to support his family ran dry and now he must join a new gang in order to keep his family fed. That gang is Iron Maiden

That vivid enough for you?

One caveat though: I'm not sure if I'm going to have internet for the next 10 days so I may not be able to post often then. Other then that I am good for most of the Summer.

Daystar Clarion:
-Snip-

Looks good so far. I see you caught on to the Bebop influence here. Finish it!

NinjaDeathSlap:
-Snip-

Awesome! Only thing I would say is that you alter any mention of cash to that of carbon. I failed to include an economy section in the setting description, but basically people use carbon rocks as currency. Vendors have scales in their shops and stuff like that.

TheDoctor455:
-Snip-

It's no problem. I've taken vacations during RPs as well. Just make sure you mention it when the time comes. Also, if you're character is accepted we'll deal with the Skype thing afterwards. Don't worry about that right now.

GSP66:
-Snip-

Cool, but I have one question. Is he supposed to be an ex-bounty hunter turned bandit? Pretty much everyone working for Pixie is considered a bandit is some way or another.

OOC: if the bio is quite bad i apologize Bio isn't my strong point

Got around to posting Pixie's sheet. I'll be creating one for her adopted son, a noble and a member of a rival Bandit Family as well. Remember, if you have multiple ideas for characters you can submit more than one sheet!

Fappy:
Got around to posting Pixie's sheet. I'll be creating one for her adopted so, a noble and a member of a rival Bandit Family as well. Remember, if you have multiple ideas for characters you can submit more than one sheet!

I'm done :D

Feel free to tell me if anything needs changing.

Daystar Clarion:

Fappy:
Got around to posting Pixie's sheet. I'll be creating one for her adopted so, a noble and a member of a rival Bandit Family as well. Remember, if you have multiple ideas for characters you can submit more than one sheet!

Looks like the dude in her backstory rolled more than a few natural 1's in a row XD

And done! Hope it's acceptable, I kind of used Pixie without asking :D

Fappy:

Daystar Clarion:

Fappy:

Looks like the dude in her backstory rolled more than a few natural 1's in a row XD

Luck is a beautiful thing :D

I haven't tried RPing on these forums, but this sounds interesting, so I'll give it a shot!

I hope this works for you.

Captcha: Laugh at me. Well, you heard the box!

So, how well does this one pan out?

roushutsu:
I haven't tried RPing on these forums, but this sounds interesting, so I'll give it a shot!

Was there, by any chance, a bunch of flowers sent anonymously at her brother's funeral? ;)

NinjaDeathSlap:

roushutsu:

Was there, by any chance, a bunch of flowers sent anonymously at her brother's funeral? ;)

Heheh, I don't see why not. :P I can add that little tid bit in if you'd like.

roushutsu:

NinjaDeathSlap:

roushutsu:

Heheh, I don't see why not. :P I can add that little tid bit in if you'd like.

It's your sheet. You can write whatever you like. :) Although, we don't know if both, or either of us will end up being accepted yet.

Is it too late for a sheet? I have spare time and a thirst for roleplay.

SteakHeart:
Is it too late for a sheet? I have spare time and a thirst for roleplay.

Go right ahead. I likely won't be closing submissions for at least another week. I am super busy next week so I won't have time to start the RP until the first week of July anyway.

Bluh, on second thought I changed my mind, but I wish you guys a fun RP.

Co-GM checking in :D

I realise 3 of my characters are linked but that can be easily changed, I am open to editing these. And sorry for 5 characters, I don't know what the fuck came over me. Also I don't know if a bar would make sense in this world but I just need to get these down otherwise I will spend all day on them.

Evrant:

Definitely interesting. Have you read Dark Tower, by any chance? :D

Binnsyboy:

Definitely interesting. Have you read Dark Tower, by any chance? :D

Nope, I have heard of it whilst looking for inspiration pictures on DeviantArt.

To be honest, I've had this character concept in the works for a while, it's just my recent playing of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger inspired me to bring it out and flesh out the details.

Fappy:
Ahem!

Captain Anon:
-Snip-

Isn't this the same sheet you posted earlier in the thread? XD

ProtoChimp:
-Snip-

That is a lot of characters! I read them all though, don't worry!

Fappy:

Captain Anon:
-Snip-

Isn't this the same sheet you posted earlier in the thread? XD

yeah because earlier it seemed like you have ignored me and i was just seeing if you would ignore me again

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 76 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked