Secrets of the Dwemer: A Skyrim RP (open, PM to enter)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Secrets of the Dwemer

A Skyrim RP

Any questions or input you may have Ill gladly take a look at it, just go ahead and post it down bellow.

If you are interested, please, feel free to PM me your sheet and Ill look over it and discuss with you your entry. We have a group you must be part of in order to participate in the RP. Ill send invite upon your request to join the RP.

Edit: We will begin when we have about 5-7 players accepted and I post the initial story.

Political outlook: Imperial- you are a supporter of the empires claim to skyrim
Stormcloak- Whether you support Ulfric or just plain wish for a
independent Skyrim you are a stormcloak
Neutral- you honestly couldn't care less either way

.... Yep, I'm still a Bethesda fanboy.

*walking in and stands to attention*

Supporting Gm Reporting For Duty, sir

Captain Anon:
*walking in and stands to attention*

Supporting Gm Reporting For Duty, sir

You're Co-GM and using a character that breaks lore in half? 6'9 isn't a normal height, he'd have to be a mutant of some sort to have that. He's using nightingale armor, specifically for Nightingales, which means he'd have to be an extremely important member of the Thieves Guild, and Katana's are rare as balls, unless he's a Blade...

Ruedyn:
You're Co-GM and using a character that breaks lore in half? 6'9 isn't a normal height, he'd have to be a mutant of some sort to have that. He's using nightingale armor, specifically for Nightingales, which means he'd have to be an extremely important member of the Thieves Guild, and Katana's are rare as balls, unless he's a Blade...

you know i thought you pull this crap on me but fine i'll change my character A LITTLE but not for you and the height and the katana stay, speaking of which what's wrong with my height? and here my sheet

Captain Anon:
you know i thought you pull this crap on me but fine i'll change my character A LITTLE but not for you and the height and the katana stay, speaking of which what's wrong with my height?

I'd point out that he's still using Nightingale gear, but that'd kind of prove the whole "Is a bit of a twat" thing, huh?

As for height, 6'9 is about the size one would expect an NBA player made of dreams to be. It's not a standard human height, if you want to make him tall... I'd say about 6'1, 6'3 at the most is fair. If you're so fond of the height, you could probably make him a High Elf, who CAN feasibly reach that height.

Ruedyn:
I'd point out that he's still using Nightingale gear, but that'd kind of prove the whole "Is a bit of a twat" thing, huh?

As for height, 6'9 is about the size one would expect an NBA player made of dreams to be. It's not a standard human height, if you want to make him tall... I'd say about 6'1, 6'3 at the most is fair. If you're so fond of the height, you could probably make him a High Elf, who CAN feasibly reach that height.

well i didn't have any other unique bow so i'm using whether you like it or not, yes yes it is

Good Day To You Sir.

and here's my height I hope you choke on it.

Captain Anon:
Well, I didn't have any other unique bow so I'm using whether you like it or not, Is a bit of a twat? I am offended sir but at least I don't argue with the GMs and comply with them if you don't know what i'm talking about i have five words for you *cough* *cough* Avatar. Adventure. Old School. Reboot.

Good Day To You Sir.

I was saying I was being a bit of a twat, though it seems we're both digging that hole rather efficiently. Whatever, good day.

I certainly appreciate your intentions of making the RP fairer and more accordingly to the story Ruedyn, But I'm going to have to ask that in the event you don't see eye to eye with someone bring it to my attention and Ill talk to that person and see If I can figure things out and set things straight. Im not saying you did anything wrong, I just want to avoid tensions between players. The only reason I made Mr Anon here a co GM was because he was very supportive of this RP even when things looked gloomy as our last attempt never really had the chance to launch. And being coGM he has the authority to nominate one more coGM if he so wishes, that position can be yours if you simply cooperate with us and show that you can help run the RP effectively that goes for anyone who would like the last coGM position. I do not wish to have tension here in this RP, so whatever's going on...please...leave it at the door and just have fun dude.

Clade-170:
I do not wish to have tension here in this RP, so whatever's going on...please...leave it at the door and just have fun dude.

Gladly, I admit I pretty much acted like an asshole to begin with. I'll act as 3rd Co-GM if you're fine with it. Although, most problems here seem personal, so I dunno =\

Ruedyn:

Clade-170:
I do not wish to have tension here in this RP, so whatever's going on...please...leave it at the door and just have fun dude.

Gladly, I admit I pretty much acted like an asshole to begin with. I'll act as 3rd Co-GM if you're fine with it. Although, most problems here seem personal, so I dunno =\

*sigh* look, I dont want to loose any one before we even start. And Im sure this little discussion has pushed away possible applicants. and as far as giving you the position, you clearly have a admirable intention of making things fair and realistic so I have no issue with it...but...its not me you need to convince. So work with him, show him you can run things effectively. Thats the best I can come up with to hopefully cause you two to get along. if you or Anon have a better solution then Id be glad to hear it. But for now eny further posting relating to this discussion will be directly PM to me, I do not want to see further posting relating to this any more on this thread. Id like to pute this ordeal behind us and encourage interested applicants to hereby post their sheets accordingly.

right well i'm going to go back to skyrim adventure and PM deathbydeath and Ross and ask them to come here

EDIT: deathbydeath said he'll be here in a minute

deathbydeath said he'll be here in a minute

Captain Anon:

Yo.

deathbydeath:

Captain Anon:

Yo.

hey man good to have a healer on the team, depending on what Clade and Ruedyn we'll either get a few more players and then start or start with the 4 we have

Captain Anon:

deathbydeath:

Captain Anon:

Yo.

hey man good to have a healer on the team, depending on what Clade and Ruedyn we'll either get a few more players and then start or start with the 4 we have

I think it would be a good Idea to start with what we have and still have about 4 more slots open. That way we go ahead and start this thing at long last and hopefully gain some more players later on. Assuming Ruedyn is still on board with us.

Clade-170:
I think it would be a good Idea to start with what we have and still have about 4 more slots open. That way we go ahead and start this thing at long last and hopefully gain some more players later on. Assuming Ruedyn is still on board with us.

Still am, it seems. Perhaps not checking as much as I should...

Ruedyn:

Clade-170:

Still am, it seems. Perhaps not checking as much as I should...

Well great, it would seem every ones in agreement. If any one wishes to edit their sheets at all do it as soon as possible, Id like to get a little more in depth with my characters bio so thats what Ill be doing.

Clade-170:

hmm yes if we start now later on we'll possible get more players once we've got five or six pages under our belt

I have an idea for a character for this venture, but the initial concept is ex-Thalmor. Would this be a problem?

Doc Gnosis:
I have an idea for a character for this venture, but the initial concept is ex-Thalmor. Would this be a problem?

no problem with me mate, I'm sure Clade would say the same

Captain Anon:

Doc Gnosis:

no problem with me mate, I'm sure Clade would say the same

Captain Anon is right, I have no problem with it either. That actually might lead to interesting plot development.

Here is my edited sheet, now I begin the process of getting things started if none disagrees.

Clade-170:

Here is my edited sheet, now I begin the process of getting things started if none disagrees.

i'm cool with it

Here is the list thus far

1. Clade-170 - Hulgar

2. Captain Anon - John Brunwulf

3. Ruedyn - Idreon

4. deathbydeath - Umbra Rimph

5. Doc Gnosis - Reserved spot

6. open

7. open

8. open

Start

The air was cool against my face as it normally is in this land. I was riding on the back of a horse wagon heading to Markarth coming from Whiterun. The trip has lasted all day and I grew weary, though I shouldn't really complain as I have ben in much worse situations in my life. I drew in a long tired breath and kept my attention along the road hoping to see the ancient stone city soon. When finally and with great relief, their appeared my destination. The place was as unlike most places I have seen during my travels. They were right to say the Dwemer were excellent sculptors and builders, as Markarth was a perfect example of their work. As the Wagon neared the steps leading to its gates it came to a halt, and I climb off its back. "Thanks for the ride", I say as I walk away from the driver and head towards the gates.

Markarth was a lively place, surely a man would be capable of finding at least some kind of work here. After wandering a bit I see a sign hanging off the side of a building reading,"The Silver Blood Inn". I open the door and enter, the place was rather large and in its center was a tavern table, behind it was a wide fire place whear people can gather and socialize. Some of the people seemed like its regular patrons, some others seemed to be like me, an outsider. I took a seat along the large tavern and just looked around a bit. Just then a man cleaning a mug approached me and asked, "can I help you sir?". I look back up at the man, he seemed rather elderly and like me tired. "You the Inn keeper?" I ask, the man nodded but before he can say another word a nagging voice called out "KLEPPR!!! why havent you cleaned the cast ironed pots?! their filthy!!".

Kleppr sighed while rolling his eyes, "I told you already Frabbi, Ill get to it after I clean the mugs now please, shut your damned mouth". He looks back to me, " dont mind my wife, she has a habbit of getting on my nerves, anyways, you were saying?". "Got any mead?" Kleppr smiled, "Certainly, hear you go, if theirs anything else I can do for you just let me know" I take the bottle of mead and payed the appropriate amount of coin. I open it and take one long drink, it was sweat and satisfying. Then I pull out a ring from my pocket and study it in my hand, it brought back good and bad memories. "Just another day, eh old pal?" I say quietly with a tear rolling down my cheek.......

*Talos damn this snow note to self attach some winter gear to my armor when I get the chance* I thought as I climbed up the side of Markarth and it wasn't easy I can tell you, the wind and snow was pushing me down and there was ice had to be careful not to slip had to fight against all of it, finally I reached the top and I could see Markarth just 50 feet below me this was going to be tough as I now had to deal with strong wind and louse rocks going downhill now I really had to be careful otherwise i'm gonna fall to my death nearly did a few as well, anyway I got off the mountain and hop on the road to Markarth.

[skip to 1:10 that is just about when John gets on to the road]

keeping my head low so not to attract attention I walk up the stone steps and approach the gates of Markarth, stupidly one of the two guards standing outside steps forward and stops me "halt!, there's a rule that all travelers must hand in-" the guard stops as my head shoots up and I stare at him intensely the guard gulps "g-g-go on t-t-through t-t-t-traveler" he tries to say without looking scared I smirk at him and continue to walk on and through to The Sliver Blood Inn.

entering The Inn I notice the nice, warm-looking fire at the very back of the room approaching the bar I say to the bartender "strongest wake up mead you got here" The bartender turns to me and nods, he grabbing a mug and filling it up before handing it to me "thanks" i say paying for it, the bartender then says "if there's anything else I can do for you just let me know" "sure" i said back as I walk over to the fire place taking my weapons and armor off until i was in just tight clothing with a hood and mask which I take off and pull down, I put my bow, arrows and armor near the fireplace, I leaned my Katana up against my sit I then sit down in a very comfortable armchair with my drink and warm my feet up against the fireplace and sip my mead from time to time.

[this is some idea of what he looks like without hood and mask, cape and armor on]

"Hmmm..... Huh?" I open an eye slowly, and look around slowly. A rat was being brave and getting too close for my liking. I slowly draw my dagger, as the brown and mangy thing inches ever closely. "C'mon.... C'mon, breakfast... HAH!" I lash out, catching the things legs with a sleepy slash. I grin as I push myself up, sitting cross legged as my prey cries in pain.

"Sorry, little one, but.... Actually, nevermind." I poke my tongue out as I look at the scrawny, pitiful, and most of all dirty thing. I rub the back of my scaly head and raise the dagger. "Well, I feel bad about this. Sorry!" The dagger sinks in and the squeaks stop. I sigh and get up, looking at the sewer that makes my home of the evening.

Markarth is an Imperial city, at least, so one would think they'd at least pretend to welcome my scaly ass around, but I strongly suspected many want to see how much blood an Argonian has. Plus the innkeeper was not very open to ideas of discounts on rooms. Stingy old Nords... So, the sewers made my lovely abode for the evening, though I strongly want to get out of here after a stiff drink and another checking up on the local merc jobs. I'd gotten quite good at them.

I walk out of the place, opening my door to see some dull light. Was it still day? I silently stroll over to the exit, and poke my head out, looking for guards. Seemed early evening to him. Drinking time. I smile as I close the door behind me, pulling up my hood and walking towards the Tavern. Riverside looked about as shit as it ever did, and the sounds of coal mining still filled the air.

I hum loudly to myself, being purposely loud and a bit annoying. I did a quick spin, my head in the air as I bump into a guard. My hand dove into his coin purse, seemed like it was payday for the guards today! I smile as I look to the ground and apologize, walking off quickly. A yell of fury follows as I open the doors to the tavern, and I throw a confused look over my shoulder. I shrug and enter, suppressing my smirk as I look about. I lower my hood again, and walk towards the counter. There was a Nord... crying there.

"Nords cry? Tears? Here I thought it was fire or something." I roll my eyes and look for Kleppr, too busy dealing with his wife and another Nord who apparently didn't know subtlety. Most assassins and thieves he knew kept their weapons a secret, to avoid getting caught, and used less... distinctive looks. He was either new or had quite a bounty. A few other, less distinctive faces loitered around as well.

I look at the crying Nord again. "You got a story, right? Want to pass the time?"

I look up at the Argonian man who spoke to me, at the same time putting the ring back in my pocket. I shrug and take another drink of my mead, "War can take allot from you friend, I lost the only person I ever really considered family in this cold hard life". Then I kinda gaze off abit as if reflecting on past times...

Finishing my mead I get up out of my sit, strap my Blade sword to my belt and go over the bar again "another one my good man" I say putting the mug on the table just before I hear another Nord a couple of sits down talk about how he lost a loved one "I know the feeling I've seen and heard many of my friends and loved ones die, It's a horrible feeling" I say waiting for my next mug of mead

I avert my attention to the Nord sitting down the row, "yea it sure is, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad in my case If I can just find any of his relatives so I can carry out his last wish". I finish the last of my mead, then I call out for Kleppr.
"Yes?" Kleppr said coming to me, "I dont suppose you have any "work" available...right?". He handed me a piece of paper, "the Jarl's men dropped this bounty letter off not to long ago, something about a Bandit leader held up in a cave to the east". I grab the paper and place it in my pocket,"another mead please" I ask...he nodded and went to fetch me some more mead. I look back to the fellow Nord, "So...you a puppet? or are you a true Nord?"...

*i wonder if i can get in on that bounty on the bandit leader inthe cave* is what I thought about for a minute, hearing the fellow Nord's question I look around for a little then get up and sit right next to the fellow Nord as if I remember correctly Markarth was still legion territory "A True Nord, Skyrim belongs to us Nords" is what I whisper in close to him still looking around the taven

Just then Kleppr arrived with our mead, I take it and slightly raise it whispering, "Couldn't have said it better myself". Then I look back to the Argonian, "How bout you? whats your stance on things if you don't mind me asking".

"How bout you? whats your stance on things if you don't mind me asking"

My inability to gain attention seemed to turn into a curse around this bartender. Or maybe he was just an asshole. Though the Nords seemed to want to talk about politics now that touchy feely times were over.

"Hm? I like Skyrim. So, I'd prefer the people in charge NOT try to throw me back across the border for the texture and color of my skin. But hey, that's just me. I'm rational. Seems rare in these times." I look the two over again, seem mercenary. And Nords.

Most likely of the mind that since they killed the previous owners, it was now there's for some stupid reason, as though land or objects truly belonged to any one person.

I take a sip from my mead, "well...cant say that I blame you, seeing how ulfric and most us Nords treat you people I guess its not surprising, I for one do not share this view one bit".

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked