Secrets of the Dwemer: A Skyrim RP (open, PM to enter)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I step back in shock, "Hey John!!! help me get this open" As I pry at the door myself.

"I guess I'll see you in the morning, Idreon. Let me know if you can't read anything."

'Civilians. Like I'd give anything to the ingrates.' Idreon kept that hidden, giving a small smile and nodding at him as he went away. Most people lapped up the Good Guy Thief routine, Idreon couldn't help but feel he'd like this orc. He made his way back to the sewers for some shut eye.

~

He woke up bright and early, picked up an apple on his way outside the city. He didn't have any real trouble getting out of the city- Nords all but encouraged it if you weren't a brother. He waited at the stables for the orc, pulling down his cloak hood. He'd have to buy at least a horse, or at least take one.

"Hey John!!! help me get this open"

"here I'll get it open, stand back" I said appearing next to Hulgar and moves him to the side, then I crack my knuckles before grabbing hold of the door and summoning some of my hidden strength to get it off while doing this my muscles grow a bit bigger in size and if either Hulgar or the Khajiit in this cell looked carefully enough they would see My eyes have turned blood Red, the door starts to crack, bend and stretch it's hinges it'll come off in a few minutes

After John finally ripped the door off and threw it aside as if it were a piece of trash I just stare at him, "damn John..." I laugh. "remind me never to get on your bad side" then I look into the room seeing that it was a tad dark, I squint my eyes trying to see more clearly " where are you?" I ask.

Narrowing my eyes at the sudden influx of light I cover my eyes and step into the beam of light spilling from the door.
Smiling thinly i look over the two men standing in the doorway.
"Well.... thank you for getting me out of here."

Not moving yet, watching them trying to see what they will do.
If they killed the people outside they must be at least.... Well never mind. they could be anyone.

Slowly open and close my hands, hoping it looks natural. In reality testing my magic control as I get ready to fight through them if need be.

"Well.. What happens now? Do I have to fight you two and try to run? Or can we be civil about this and see where it leads?"

"Well.. What happens now? Do I have to fight you two and try to run? Or can we be civil about this and see where it leads?"

"well ummm...I wont hurt you if you don't hurt me, fare and simple enough?" I shrug, "Besides...we just came to take care of the Bandit leader thats dead over there".

I pull my mask and hood down revealing my face "I assure you we are not bandits attacking more bandits, at this point and time we are merely collecting the bounty on that Redguard Bandit Leader out there, what happens next is of your choosing, not ours" I said before silently sniffed the air he stinks of blood and something else I can't put my finger on but he seems nice enough to talk instead of fighting us so I won't confront him about it I thought

Looking between the two I nod slowly. Walking out I slide between them and look out over the mass of dead body's.

"Who did the work?"
walking closer i lean down slightly then back at the two men. Nod at the bigger one.

"The wounds match your weapon. this is come nice work."

Stand and take a step back. Crossing my arms and waiting.

"I wont interfere with your looting and things. Do you mind if I come with you? Its been a long time since I last walked with others."

Looking at the one who ripped the door off the frame I narrow my eyes slightly.
His aura is.... Weird.

Look between the two men and walk over to a chair and sit down. Leaning back in the chair.

"Ill wait for you to loot. Do you mind if i go over when you are done? See if you missed something?"

I look around at all the fine possessions, "I have no need of stolen treasure, just the ones I make with my own sweat...call me foolish all you want these treasures once belonged to someone and I dont feel right capitalizing off it". I sigh, "But hey...Im speaking for myself, you guys do what you will" I look to the Kahjiit. "By the way, names Hulgar and thats John the ever so light on feet" I teased friendily.

Look around myself. My eyes stopping on some of the finer things.

"I'm going to guess most of the previous owners are dead, and have no need of these anymore. And besides..."

Get up and walk over to a chest, trying the lid. Opening it I reach in and pull out a bag of gold and another much smaller back of lock picks. Putting both bags on my belt I look at John and Hulgar.

"I would guess all told there's roughly 4000 gold here. And maybe 1000 of that is actual gold things."

Walk over to the opening of the cave I lean against the wall and wait.

"I have no need of stolen treasure, just the ones I make with my own sweat...call me foolish all you want these treasures once belonged to someone and I don't feel right capitalizing off it"

I nod "i agree however I usually just collect up all the coin" I said doing just that then he hears the friendly joke and turns to Hulgar "heh heh funny" he said before collecting the rest of the coin and then turns to the Khajiit "I don't mind really don't know about Hulgar, probably would say the same" he said laughing a little

I shrug, "Yea...I suppose its really no big deal idk". I bend down and pick a single coin, "Its disgusting what some people are willing to do for a single coin" I clutch it hard in my hand closing my eyes in remembering my troubled childhood living back with my father. The anger got to a point where I through the coin as hard as I could against the wall, *sigh* "anyways, Kahjiit you still haven't tolled us your name if you'd be so kind"

Looking up sharply at the sound of a coin hitting the wall at record speed I look at Hulgar and frown slightly.
Someone had a bad memory.

anyways, Kahjiit you still haven't tolled us your name if you'd be so kind.

Nodding slightly I turn to then and bow slightly.
"My name is Banthel. I was born far to the north. And I have been traveling for many many years."

Standing straight I grab another bag of coin and put it on my belt. Stretching and turning back and forth I make sure my armor is settled. Walking forward a few steps I nod.

"If you are willing, I would like to join with you."

"If you are willing, I would like to join with you."

I shrug, "I see no harm, maybe you can help us on a little quest of our own." I turn to John, "what do you say John?"

"what do you say John?"

I turn round surprised "what are you deaf man!? I've already said I'm fine with it, Dammit!" he said jokingly

"what are you deaf man!? I've already said I'm fine with it, Dammit!"

"Hey piss off John" I laugh shacking my head. "Ok I guess your in Banthel, come with us if you like...and if your wondering about what our quest is were looking for some relic a guy said hed pay allot of money to obtain".

Smile slightly at the light banter between the two.
Looking them and the room over again I walk over to the chief and rummage through him. Finding something I stand and look at it then shaking my head I slide a ring onto my finger.

"thank you for letting me come with you. Having a quest makes life both easier and harder. I'm in to help with what you are doing."

Look at the ring I took from the bandit. Turn it on my finger slowly. A simple silver ring with markings on the outside.

Looking up I smile and shake my hands slightly. Working my fingers.
"I'm ready."

"Hey Hulgar you too, now if you don't mind I'm going to cut off the bandit leader's head, take it back with us and show it to the steward for proof of the kill" I said finding an axe I walk over to the Redguard, Lifting the axe above my head I quickly bring it back down on the Bandit's head, I then put it in a bag, tie it up and then put it in my satchel

Watching him take the leaders head I turn away sharply when blood splatters around.
Damn it. I haven't eaten in days. I'm going to have to find someone soon, or there's no way I'm going to be able to hide what I am.
Walking down the hall to where the first 3 bandits died I reach down and grab their gold pouches.

Stopping just short of the sun I look out with narrowed eyes and regret I had not grabbed a hood before. Turning I walk back in and grab a helmet from one of the bandits. Looking it over I nod and slide it onto my head, glad it's a full helmet.

Going back to the entrance of the cave I stop and wait.

Walking towards the exit, "Alright lets go show this to the Jarl's steward and cash in the damned bounty" then I halt and think outloude, "How do you think Umbra and Idreon are doing?" then looking back towards John who carried a bloody sack.

Umbra's yawn cracked the heavens when he woke up that morning. He threw on some robes and heated some stew, some he had left over from the previous night. Along with that he finished off a loaf of bread that meshed well with the other half of the meal. When Umbra was done with his morning consumption he stood up, stretched, and decided to begin his day. He walked over to his closet and opened it, exposing his armory.

Umbra's armory in reality was fairly pitiful, especially considering there were no actual armaments in the thing. A good portion of it contained a lovely bookshelf filled with tomes from and about the Restoration and Alteration schools and various histories of the Dwemer, while the rest was split between two armor racks and a potion stand in between. The rack on the left contained a modest suit of the traditional Dwarven armor, if the word "modest" could even apply. The right rack, however, was far more interesting. It was still a Dwemer ssuit of armor, but it was far grander than any regular suit of Dwarven armor. The design was incredibly ornate, but with several large and unfilled holes throughout the design. Umbra went for the smaller suit first, pausing for only a minute to brush the dust off with a feather stowed above.

Umbra took the donning process slow, easing his aging frame into the hard metal. When he was done, he put a large cloak over the whole thing and stowed the helm away. Umbra gathered ancillary items -a few potions, writing utensil, paper, and a few small books- and organized them in a satchel before slinging it in his shoulder and heading out the door.

The trek down from the Orc's shack to the stables of Markarth was fortunatly uneventful, and thus it wasn't long before he causght a glimpse of Idreon out by the stables. He strode up to greet the fellow, letting a jovial tone escape his lips. "Good morning, my betailed friend! Before I ask you where our illustrious Nords are, how successful was your night?"

"Alright lets go show this to the Jarl's steward and cash in the damned bounty"

I nod with relief "yes let's get out of here, this cave makes me feel uneasy" I said as we headed for the exit when suddenly a bandit who had been playing dead stands up and throws his war axe at Hulgar but because of my sharp senses I quickly pulled Hulgar out of the oncoming war axe, pulled out my bow and one arrow and shot it straight through the Bandit's head, I then walk over collect the coin he had and my arrow, afterwards I then head to the exit

Blinking at the axe throwing and then shooting I shake my head in wonder. Turning I start walking, following Hulgar.
Catching up I walk behind him, my eyes narrowed and I make a face at the bright light.
Interesting people. I wonder how long these will last.

Looking around as we walk I slowly move to the left, when I am about 10 feet to the side i flick my wrist, a blue ethereal sword appearing in my hand. Stabbing down into a bush a yelp and rustling can be heard. Pulling the sword back the first 4 inches are covered in blood, turning I slash down into another bush. opening my hand the sword disappears. Reaching into the bush's I pull out 2 wolfs.

"Well, these should make some nice furs."
Flicking my wrist again a knife appears. Kneeling for a few minutes I skin both of then and roll them up. Sticking the furs in by pack I run after John and Hulgar. Catching up I slow down and continue walking behind the both of them.

OOC: Character sheet.

Stares at Sun had been hunting for several days in the Rift. He believed he was still in the Rift, but for all he knew he could be in Cyrodil. Geography wasn't exactly Stares at Sun's strong point, all he was doing now was just following a road. Thinking about the big picture wasn't Stares at Sun's strong point. The large Argonian stretched it's shoulders and licked at the air as it walked, the odds and ends of it's chaotic 'armor' shifting and jingling rather loudly through the empty, cool air.

Stares hoped to smell the usual signs of bandits and squatters, such as booze, blood and piss. But instead all he got was horses, dust and manure. Stares at sun walked past a bend and saw stables. The large Argonian shook it's head like a wet dog and let out a long hissing sigh.
"Stares still find nothing." Stares growled the words as he paused against one of the corral's fence posts. He flipped a leather patch and pulled a sack out of a thick hide pocket stitched onto one of his thighs. Stares contemplated counting the gold coins inside, but knew better. He gave the bag a good bounce in his hands. It was hefty enough to last him another failed trip or two.

Shifting the halberd on his back, Stares kept walking and saw another Argonian. Like the others he had seen briefly, this one was also shaped as a man. Showing the capacity of his social skills, Stares at Sun stood and looked at the Argonian innocently.

I look back at Banthel after he's done skinning the wolves "hey Banthel mind if I have one of those furs? I've been wondering what type of fur to attach to my armor and act as winter gear, wolf would nicely" he said pulling back a little to talk to him

"Holy Shit.." I exclaim in surprise after the near death experience "It would seem as though I owe you one shield brother, and I hate being in dept" I pass Banthel near the entrance of the cave then exit, "Finally..." I say relieved "fresh clean air". taking in deep breaths

"Good morning, my betailed friend! Before I ask you where our illustrious Nords are, how successful was your night?"

"Fairly. I have my life and all my bits, just like the day before." Idreon smirked back. "And I see you found armor. Ornate, dwemer design, I don't think I've seen anything like. Find it or make it, my tusked friend?"

Idreon's attention was kept mostly on the old Orc, but he could feel something watching him. Some obvious, with a doofy look in it's eye. A distant cousin to him, bigger than a Nord at the cost of shoes, though he had plenty of armor and weapons.

Still, the thing Idreon noticed first was the fact the patchwork knight was staring right at him, like a puppy.

"... Can I help you, sir?" He called over, flicking his finger for the orc to notice who he was talking to. Maybe he could help. Having battleaxe wielding Argonian was better than not having a battleaxe wielding Argonian.

"... Can I help you, sir?"
Stares at Sun blinked at the other Argonian, taking in the colours of his scales and the shape of his body. The tiny spark of interest in the differences between the two slowly faded from his mind. Stares stood, he'd forgotten what he was doing, but he knew he was lost. The air smelt way too different here.

Stares stroked his ragged snout with his long claws and snuffled loudly, unsure how to proceed. After a few more moments of the awkward moment he decided to put his personality to the test.
Stares whipped out his coin purse, the entire thing and thrust it into the other Argonian's hands, pointing a clawed finger into it's side, then to his badly healed head. The words came slowly to him as he knew he was most likely failing to get across what he wanted.
"Scale-cousin smell... busy. Stares at Sun need more... live... bed..." the Argonian's eyes seemed to lose focus and wander, but he fought against it, shaking his head. "Need more. Fix Stares' head." he blinked several times, then quickly prodded himself in the chest.

"This one Stares at Sun. No know cousin name... sorry."

He quickly shot a claw forward and took his bag back, more out of reflex and fear of losing it than fear of malice. Completely lost as to what to do, Stares at Sun kneeled before the Argonian. He was stressed out and desperate.
When Imperial soldiers do stuff like this, people tell them what to do. Stares thought to himself. All he wanted to know was what to do. He felt happy in the forests, but the nagging confusion and fog in his brain was wrong. He knew it was wrong.

Stares waited patiently for his odd message to receive a response.

hey Banthel mind if I have one of those furs? I've been wondering what type of fur to attach to my armor and act as winter gear, wolf would nicely.

Looking at John as he drops back I pull out one of the furs and hold it out.
"Here ya go. I don't have that many uses for them other than some coin. Its a good choice for insulation."

After John takes the fur I stretch and yawn. Groaning as my back does a bit of snap crackle and popping.
"Either of you have a small potion I can have? Those bastards probably used a tree on me when they knocked me out. Headache like a bitch."

Keep following Hulgar. Keeping pace easily and an eye to their right for threats.

[before we left the cave:] "It would seem as though I owe you one shield brother"

"don't mention it, I mean what was I supposed to do let my new Shield Brother die? HA! I'd rather throw myself in the way" I said showing a Will to die for my comrades

[after:] "Here ya go. I don't have that many uses for them other than some coin. Its a good choice for insulation."

"Thanks Banthel, you might have just save me from freezing to death" I said chuckling slightly

We started making our way back to Markarth for some reason we took less time arriving, narrowing my eyes I can see familure people " hey look..." Pointing in their direction " is that Idreon and Umbra?" Then seeing the third person " hmm guess they made a friend as well"

"This one Stares at Sun. No know cousin name... sorry."

Umbra watched the encounter between his compatriot and the new arrival closely, doing what he could to figure out what was going on. The injuries and the pointing gave him a clue.

He leaned forward before speaking, making himself known to Stares and Idreon. "My apologies for interrupting, but Stares-at-Sun, do you need medical help?" He held up his left hand and prepared Heal for emphasis, all while trying to look as un-menacing as possible.

Looking forward I look around Hulgar and raise an eyebrow at the 3 people ahead, one of who is on their kneel. Deciding to stay behind John and Hulgar as we walk closer and let them introduce me before I start talking.
Interesting. More people in this group than I first thought. And this group of 2 also seems to have gained someone new. Hope that means they are willing to accept me.

Still keeping my eyes out for anyone or anything that may be a danger.
"Hey.... Where were these 2 when you both were fighting bandits? Seems a bit odd for a group to split up when going out to do something dangerous."

"My apologies for interrupting, but Stares-at-Sun, do you need medical help?"
Stares at Sun stood, did an odd little bow followed by a shrug. "Stares at Sun broken. Stars at Sun fix."
The Argonian pointed at his head again, behind his left eye by about a man's finger length. A large, pale patch of scarred tissue with rough scales slowly growing back over it could be seen. The wound wasn't infected, but something was obviously odd about it.

"Save shinies for fix. Bottles don't fix." Stares at Sun pulled out an expensive looking rose coloured bottle, corked but empty.
"Many shinies for this, just fix scratches, no fix head."

Stars at Sun blinked a few times at the Orc. He didn't recognize the meaning of a hand preparing a spell as long as it wasn't lobbing fireballs at him. So he simply stood waiting. Stares at Sun wanted work and his head to be fixed. The two went hand in hand for him.
After a few more moments, in a fit of brilliance (for him), Stares realized he hadn't answered the question very clearly.

"Stares at Sun want work to fix head and eat. Stares at Sun strong, carry things, hunt things and stick things." The Argonian took his halberd and planted the shaft next to his foot, trying to look useful. "Stares at Sun work for you for shinies to fix head or for fixed head."

"Hey.... Where were these 2 when you both were fighting bandits? Seems a bit odd for a group to split up when going out to do something dangerous.

I turn round to Banthel "well they said they were going to do something else, so we spilt up for the time being" I said recalling what happened

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked