Secrets of the Dwemer: A Skyrim RP (open, PM to enter)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Dar'Kiir

I take a bite of the bread,"the Thalmor seem to be very interested in the matter, I wouldn't be surprised if the highest branches of the Dominion were investigating the subject" I pause to think, " But yes, It was Elenwen herself that offered me coin if I can infiltrate this group, more if I could obtain it". I shake my head and take another bite of the bread, "But that's the thing, its just...not here, all I found were a bunch of information I couldn't make scents of".

"the only conclusion I can come up with is either the Imperials have it, or the information I found points to its true location...and yes, the Imperials are involved, don't know how but they are".

"The Thalmor seem to be very interested in the matter, I wouldn't be surprised if the highest branches of the Dominion were investigating the subject"
The Khajiit paused to think. Possibly to fabricate lies.
"But yes; It was Elenwen herself that offered me coin if I can infiltrate this group, more if I could obtain it".
He shook his head and took another bite of the bread.
"But that's the thing, its just...not here, all I found was a bunch of information I couldn't make sense of. The only conclusion I can come up with is either the Imperials have it, or the information I found points to its true location...and yes, the Imperials are involved, don't know how but they are."
"What information is that? If you have any Dwemer writings on the matter, I can read their language."

"I for one need the rest, bounty hunting can take allot out of you, especially if you single handily fight off a good amount of bandits in the process"

"later, first we are going to open a tab at Sliver Blood Inn, drink as much we can of their mead and drink either one of us under the table" I said egging hulgar on to go drinking with me

*Idreon returns with horses*

"Well then," Umbra greeted the Argonian upon his return and eagerly anticipating leaving town. "That's the first step down. What's next?"

Dark'kiir

"Deeper in this an ancient market place I discovered some texts, scrolls and such. I tried studying them but couldn't under stand . I'll I made out were the illustrations and apparently the dwemer were working on something" I hand the Breton some scrolls "you maybe able to find more throughout the ruin"

"Deeper in this an ancient market place I discovered some texts, scrolls and such. I tried studying them but couldn't understand. All I made out were the illustrations and apparently the Dwemer were working on something."
Dar'Kiir handed Bernard some scrolls.
"You may be able to find more throughout the ruin"
"Thank you. You may want to get out of here now, as the Thalmor don't take kindly to failure or betrayal, and I'm expecting company soon who may not approve of Thalmor agents."

"later, first we are going to open a tab at Sliver Blood Inn, drink as much we can of their mead and drink either one of us under the table"

"Aye friend, that we will" so me John and Banthel head over to the Silver blood Inn. I turned to Kleppr "Id like to open a tab for me and these friends of myn, just keep the meed flowing". Kleppr smiled and nodded "right away" and we begin singing and marry making and laughing. Soon after some of the normal patrons joined in on the singing, it just seemed like a happy marry time for everyone, like it should be.

Smiling and sipping my drink I shake my head at the bartender when he goes to fill it up again.
While glad to have an open tab, its useless when I cant get drunk.

Sitting there comfortably as I watch Hulgar and John try to drink the other under the table. leaning on my elbows as I watch first one then the other drink their mugs then refill to do it over and over.

"Were you two planning on heading to where ever we are heading today? Because going to fight while dead drunk isn't a way to stay alive."

The mead started to get to me, I looked to Banthel. I put my arm over his shoulders in a drunken matter and still laughing say somewhat slured "...there be time for work Banthel, for now, live a little" And I erupt with laughter.

Nodding and smiling at him i push my still mostly full mug at him and nod at it.
"Drink up buddy. Later we go to explore other places and drink may be far between."

Standing i nod at Hulgar and John and turn, walking out the door and down to the gates, looking around and taking a running jump i use my claws to climb my way up to the top of the stables. Sitting criss cross on top of it and leaning against my knees as i watch the gates, waiting for the rest of the company.
keeping my palms open and summoning daggers and swords into my hands, trying to speed up my casting time and not really getting anywhere but still trying.

I down my tenth mug with ease, slamming it on the table in this game I'd say I was wining as I'm not ever drunk yet I look over at Hulgar who is already drunk "you know among the Companions I was known as *Iron Belly*?" I said starting on my 11th mug

"Is that so...?" I say somewhat slured downing my 12th mead. I put my finger up as if to say something but then I fell backwards onto the floor totally passed out. Kleppr sighed, "ok, I'm guessing that's enough for you guys" and has two men carry me into a room and onto the bed.

I stay and after finish my 11th I have two more mugs before I stand "right well I'm tired so I'm going to bed, I hope to see you lads in the morning or at some point in the next few days" I declared as I walk off to my room, taking off my armor and gear and putting on some bed clothing before I laying my head down to rest and falling asleep

"That's the first step down. What's next?"

"Getting ON the horse, friend." Idreon replied smirking, looking at their... 'hire'. Could pose as a bodyguard, but it was best if he didn't know. "We ride towards the embassy. Should get there by days end. Hopefully. Weather doesn't seem too shit."

As I slept, visions of familiar faces twirled around my head. they seemed distant and faded, and I couldnt make out was going on. Then I start hearing voices, they sounded faint and yet surprising as familiar as the faces.

slowly I started making out words like
"...you were nothing but a mistake since the day you were borne"

"...HULGAR!!!"

"...Our orders are to assault the legion fort by sunrise"

"...Please Hulgar (cough, cough) give this back to my mother"

I begone a cold sweat, tossing and turning. As the faces became more clear one rose from the rest. It was J'ram, his face lit with rage "YOU COULD HAVE SAVED ME!!!".

finaly I jump awake, breathing hard and suffering big from a hangover. It was still night, and tiredness still hung heavy on my eyes. So I slowly drift back into a deep slumber.

Opening my eyes I look out over the gates of the city and the surrounding area. Shaking my head at the fact they didn't come all day I jump down off the stables and stretch, groaning softly from stiff muscles because of meditating all day. Walking in past the gate I look around and smile thinly, knowing that tomorrow its going to be a long day I decide to feed again now. Assuming that feeding from the others in the party is a bad idea because they may catch me. Walking in to the residential district I walk along slowly listening to the people talking along the side of the road. Stopping when I hear some rumors about a boy who used to pray that the assassin's guild would come I smile wider and listen until they talk enough for me to know which house he lives in.

Walking up to the house I crouch and walk in the shadows to make it hard for others to see me. Coming up to the door I reach up and try the knob lightly, sighing softly when I find its locked. Taking some of the picks I have on me I slowly try unlocking it, smiling at how easy it is I get it on my first try. Opening it just enough to slip inside and closing the door behind me. Walking upstairs I creep along until I find this child asleep in his own bed, looking around and shrugging. Taking a few scraps of his clothes and a ring with a family design on it I pocket them and cast calm on the child, leaning down and biting him in the neck softly. Biting just enough to break skin and transfer the vampiric curse to him.
Sorry kid. But they have to catch one for the soon to be 2 killings, and it cant be me.

Turning away and walking back out of the house I slip out and go to the next house over. Also breaking into to this one but breaking a lock pick in doing so. Finding the parents room I creep over to the husbands side and lean in to bite his neck hard, breaking it instantly so he can't move at all as I drink and drink and drink, sucking every drop from his veins so he dies. Dropping some of the scraps from the boys clothes and the ring on the floor next to the bed after wiping the excess blood off my face with the cloth and making sure none of my fur has gotten onto it I creep out of the house and into the street, staying crouched and in the shadows until I'm out of the street and into more business areas.

Walking normally I come up to a tavern and walk in, smiling at the bartender and sitting down I order some wine, nodding at her as she sets it down. Stopping her with a hand just as she goes to turn away.
"Can I buy any picks you have on you? I just escaped from some bandits and need to get some more."

She looks through her pockets and behind the counter and drops 10 onto the bar counter.
"That will be 20 gold for all."

Making a bit of a face I drop a small bag with 22 gold down and push it over, scooping up the picks and pocketing them.
"22 for the picks and the drink, more than fair"

She shrugs and takes the bag, counting them out and dropping them into the lock box. I sit there sipping my wine and washing down all traces of blood from my breath and mouth.
I wonder what they will do to the boy when he is found out. Because of what he is now they shouldn't believe him when he says he didn't do those killings.

Stares at Sun approached Idreon and Umbra. "This one would wish to go now, if you two are also going now." The large Argonian patted his sides and thighs, making sure all his items were still on his person. Stars at Sun had already forgotten most of the details, he just wanted to be on the move. Sitting around was a waste of time, in his experience.

"Getting ON the horse, friend."

Umbra took the jab in stride and maintained a straight face, keeping it on even when it took him four tries to mount his horse. Either I need to adventure more, or I should commission a new suit of armor.

"We ride towards the embassy. Should get there by days end. Hopefully. Weather doesn't seem too shit."

Umbra was certainly looking forward to what would happen next. "Very well then, let's get this show on the road."

the next morning I awoke in a very heavy sweat in the corner of my room again "another restless night, that's the one downfall of all this I can't sleep at night" I thought getting up and after having a wash and putting my armor on I walk around town for a bit and listen in on some of the conversations of the people of markath but one caught my attention, It was about how a boy has sucked his father and two others dry of blood "damnit! I knew something was wrong when I thought I could smell death as I went to bed last night, well I best go see what I can do" I thought heading the keep

Finally I arose from my sleep, the hangover plus the soreness from the stone bed put me in a worse mood then last time. Slowly and reluctantly I got up, I found that I had slept in my gear so I just walked off. Upon exiting the Inn I felt that something was off. The people unusually more skittish and nervous. I called out to one of the towns men as he passed, "excuse me sir, but can you tell me whats going on?". The Nord looked into my eyes with great fear, "Youed think wed have enough to worry about with the whole forsworn thing, but Nooo, now we have vampires lurking about". I widen my eyes in shock, "vampires...?". "Aye, several people were discovered sucked dry by their own boy" and he then just walks off.

I couldnt help but think what an awful fate. Then I notice John heading to the Keep, I call out to him "Wait up"...

Walking out of the tavern i stretch and groan after a half night of drinking slowly and a nap in one of the upper rooms in the tavern. The people talking around me quiet and fearful so i stop and listen to the gossip, hearing about a boy who killed several people and drank all their blood. Shaking my head i Look around.
Seems it worked. But this is the last time in a long time i can use this place for feeding. From now on its only those who are evil.
Spotting john walking along towards the keep as well as Hulgar call after him and start walking in that direction. Running until I'm mostly caught up i slow down and call out ahead to the two ahead.

"Hey friends!"

"Hey friends!"

"Wait up"

I turn round to see Hulgar and Banthel "hey guys I'm just going up to the Keep I got some things to do up there, yeah" I said trying not to sound suspicious "I can't get them involved, they might get killed if I change" I said in my head I turn back to the others "so what are you going?" he said trying to sound normal

Walking with John I ask, "You hear about those murders that were supposedly committed by a vampire?" I turn to Banthel "Nasty bit of business Id say". I sigh, "But...its probably best we dont get involved for the time being I say if we make for the ruins now we should arrive in the late afternoon give her a take". Moving on into a more casual mood I look back to Banthel "So Banthel, ever tried your hand in smithing?".

You hear about those murders that were supposedly committed by a vampire? Nasty bit of business Id say. But...its probably best we dont get involved for the time being I say if we make for the ruins now we should arrive in the late afternoon give her a take. So Banthel, ever tried your hand in smithing?".

Looking over at Hulgar i smile and look down at myself.
"no, not really been a great hand at smithing. If i need something done ill go to a blacksmith or if i have any friends close by."

look between John and Hulgar.
"I think we should go to the ruins. From what i heard they caught the boy responsible, and if there were any more vampires in the city i thing there would be more deaths. Vampires have a ravenous hunger and feed as much as they can. I'm sure if there were more in or close to the city they would be many more deaths in the city and the surrounding areas."

"I'm sure if there were more in or close to the city they would be many more deaths in the city and the surrounding areas."

I nod, "Yea, poor lad, probably recently contracted that Vamparism stuff *Sigh*" shakes head "If youed like maybe when we get some free time I can teach you a thing or two, yes?". then turning to John, "Ill meet you by the gates once you get whatever it is you need done". And proceed to the gate.

Dar'Kiir heeded Bernard's warning and fled.
"Good luck out there!"
Bernard made a 20 gold bet with himself on whether Dar'Kiir would try to betray him.
Bernard examined the scrolls.
They were badly worn, and almost unreadable. Bernard could only read some of it. It vaguely described some sort of immensely powerful weapon.
The Dwarves made Numidium, so if they considered something immensely powerful, it was some serious business.
Ah well, nothing to do about it at the moment. Bernard was stuck playing the waiting game. His least favorite game.
Bernard found a comfy place to sit, (Easier said than done with the dwarves fixation on stone furniture) took out a book, and his sweetroll.

"If youed like maybe when we get some free time I can teach you a thing or two, yes?

Nod at Hulgar after his offer.
"Maybe later you can show me some smithing, after we have gotten to the ruins."

Following Hulgar as he heads to the gate and walks with him in silence. looking around at all the people as he does, the looks of fear and anger on everyone's face words to the same on their lips.
I had forgotten how much vampire attacks terrorize city's. From now on I'm going to have to stay with those deserving of death.

Waiting for John to return from the keep I lean against the city walls watching out over the land before me, my arms crossed in a casual manner. Allot went through my mind in that moment, things like what iv ben through, people Iv met, and the life Iv left behind.

Back when I was a Soldier in the Stormcloak army I felt strong and felt that Talos himself guided me on the battlefield. I felt that what I was fighting for was right and noble, and still do. But when I really think about it I think the whole reason I joined was to prove to all who doubted me that I was more then just a poor, runaway child with a abusive past.

I wanted people to know that I had a heart of a warrior, that I would fight to the death for what I believed in. That maybe my deeds would match that of even Ysgramor. And I cant help think how odd it was, that even after all those years of abuse, I find myself thinking about my father. Had he actually grieved over my absence? or did he go right back to what he was doing, looking to make easy coin cozying up to that vile guild.

I sigh, "So...Banthel, where exactly are you from? if you don't mind me asking that is"

Standing just a bit away from Hulgar i look over as he starts talking. Pulled out of my own thought's, mine about the land the first time i had walked through it and the changes that had happened in the last few hundred years.

So...Banthel, where exactly are you from? if you don't mind me asking that is.

Looking over and blinking a few times i shake my head and my ears flick a few time.
"My home..... Oh she is far far away. Deep in morrowind, my clan and family was killed in a bandit attack many many years ago. when i was young. I don't mind at all, but what was in the past should stay there. Because revenge and vengeance all kill the holder."

Looking at Hulgar firmly i tilt my head and point at him, circling my finger slightly at his face.
"You have seen hardship and lost close people. The eyes are the same. Maybe later i tell you secret for forgiveness."

Stepping aside into the shadows and keeping my eyes out of direct sun.
"I always have such a hard time in the sun. So bright. So direct."

I reach the keep and head inside as I do the guard approaches me "yes?" he said walking up "I'm here to see someone about the "Vampire" problem I might be able to help" I said straightening up "wait here" he said before walking off

"You have seen hardship and lost close people. The eyes are the same. Maybe later i tell you secret for forgiveness."

A small smirk stretched over my face as I softly chuckle, "How could I forgive someone who made life a literal hell? someone who would have sold me, if it meant getting allot of money? The very person who gave me nothing in life but fresh, new, painful bruises? perhaps, in the future, I may grow lenient but I don't think I'm ready to forgive, just yet". I didn't mean to sound harsh, but, it was the truth of the matter. The words came out softly and quite, to the point to where just Banthel could hear.

"I always have such a hard time in the sun. So bright. So direct."

Hearing Banthel's words, and seeing him back away like that jolted something of a quite alarm in my head, like the voice in the back of my head was trying to tell me something. With that who'll vampire incident, and the faint recollection of what the bandits back at the cave were talking about racing through my mind.

I look at Banthel, unsure of what to think. was he actually a vampire? If so...then, how could I prove it?. But, just as fast as the thoughts came they started to sound somewhat silly, this was no doubt the same mentality that allowed men to be susceptible to turn on each other over a small suspicion.

Still, at a subconscious level, I couldn't help but wonder.

as I wait for the guard to return I think on the details of the Boy Vampire "a young vampire has apparently killed his father and two others by sucking them dry of blood during the night, while the other two were killed on a dark and lonely street the father was killed in bed, a damn shame" I thought

The guard returned to John and said, "the Jarl would like to speak with you personally, dont do anything stupid"[/b]
and so the guard led him

Jarl Igmund

I was deep in thought, of how such a tragedy could befall this city. Sure its not the most [i]pleasent city in skyrim. But vampires were seriously the last thing we needed. My uncle Raerek, who was my steward, discussed things with Ondolemar, Legate Emmanuel Admand, and Calcelmo. Leaving me free to carefully consider what to do next as far as dealling with the situation at hand. Then I see one of the guards bringing in the man who claimed he can possibly help.

I lean forward abit, showing a hint of skepticism and doupt. Sure the man before me looked capable, but one could never tell. "So..." I Begin "my men tell me you can help?" I shrug "Im all ears"...

"my men tell me you can help? I'm all ears"

"I'm a senior member of The Companions and I have tracked and hunted Vampires for nearly 4 years now, I know their habits, possible persons they would feed on, how they worked inside and outside, I know how to kill them and have done so many times that I've lost count, I can help tracked your monster and then kill him and you Jarl Igmund don't have to waste a single man in trying to put just one scratch on your monster" I said with much pride and honor in my speech

Jarl Igmund

The man had confidence, Ill give em that much. But wheather or not he can help us remains to be seen. I lean back on my thrown some and bring my hand to my chin, a common posture of Jarls nowa days. "Impressive, Im sure you mean every word of it, but you must understand why I must be cautious in this situation yes?".

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked