Secrets of the Dwemer: A Skyrim RP (open, PM to enter)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

"Impressive, Im sure you mean every word of it, but you must understand why I must be cautious in this situation yes?"

"of course, can never be too careful these days" I replied happily

I look at him more sternly, "good...then it seems were at an understanding". I thought a moment letting my gaze sweep the room letting out something of a sigh. "Forgive me, this whole matter is rather how shall I say? Tedious. How do you think you can help us? And what would you know that I dont?"

"How do you think you can help us? And what would you know that I dont?"

"as I said I know their habits, how they work and it seems like there's something else something bigger, I may need to see the child and examine him, with him held down of course" I said being in my element

jarl Igmund

"the boys name is Falker, he is being held in the Dungeon, do what you must. Tell the head jailer he has explicit orders from the Jarl to aid you"

"the boys name is Falker, he is being held in the Dungeon, do what you must. Tell the head jailer he has explicit orders from the Jarl to aid you"

"thank you but he may have wait a day or two as I have a very important ruin to investigate with some friends of mine and I'm already late so in a few nights I'll be back" I said starting to leave for the gate

Sees John walk through gates, "Hale Companion" I say standing back up "ya ready?"

"hm ready as I'll ever be, let's get moving" I said walking up to them

Jumping up to my feet i walk over and nod at John and Hulgar. Looking at them i settle my armor and nod.

"I'm ready to go. Lets head to this place we need to go."

Looking at john for a second i think.
I wonder what happened up in the palace. Did he become the vampire hunter? And what is this weird smell coming off of him? ill have to find out eventually, but for now i'm going to have to be careful.

The trip took a better part of the day, as we hiked Skyrim's harsh tundra and cold lands. Stopping at settlement only when we needed to. However the land was a glorious sight to behold this time of year taking in the mountains and nature. This mild pleasantness, however, was short lived as we neared our destination. Winds picked up as snow fall increased creating something of a blizzard. After a while of hiking up a trail we begone thinking we took the wrong direction

"what a minute" I speak out barely making out the stone work with undeniable dwemer design to it. "look their we made it, lets get their and beat the cold yes?"

"aye before we all freeze to death, you know I can't help but think who would die first out here? a khajiit or 1 of 2 nords, anyway lets get inside" I said approaching the door I was about to open it when I heard strange whirling, whooshing noises echoing "do...you two.....hear that?" I said looking around for the source of the noises

Bernard heard someone open the gates to Raldbthar.
He put his helmet back on, put his book away, and cast Detect Life.
...Two signatures.
Bernard moved on top of the arch with the balistae as it was the most defensible position in case the newcomers had ill intent.
"It would seem I've won the waiting game."

Walking behind the other two Banthel rubs his hands together to simulate being cold. Just before getting to the front door Banthel takes a breath and can smell the spores of someone's lifeblood.

aye before we all freeze to death, you know I can't help but think who would die first out here? a khajiit or 1 of 2 nords, anyway lets get inside. Do...you two.....hear that?

Stopping as soon as the whooshing noise starts up Banthel looks around himself also for the source of the noise.
His eyes flashing over to night vision as the inside of the ruins are much darker he steps forward and conjures a Bound Sword into his right hand as he glances at the others. Walking inside the doors slightly he looks around and points at a bloody spot on the ground and blood on a mechanical spider.
"Fellows, there's blood on the floor and on this spider thing. I think someone was here before us. And at least a few people died because of it."

"aye, it seems so" I draw Deathdealer from its shieth. I look around the place seeing the bodies of Bandits everywhere "looks like someone had a little fun". I continue down deeper into the ruin....

"Fellows, there's blood on the floor and on this spider thing. I think someone was here before us. And at least a few people died because of it"

"this place stinks of blood but something feels really off about all this" I reply back to Banthel drawing my sword as I quickly inspect the bodies before catching up with Hulgar and Banthel "the blood is fresh it only started to dry an hour ago, whoever did this is still here I can smell him" I said to him scanning the room, sniffing the air for any unique smells apart from the blood

Bernard heard faint voices from the entrance.
"Fellows, there's blood on the floor and on this spider thing. I think someone was here before us. And at least a few people died because of it."
"looks like someone had a little fun."
"This place stinks of blood but something feels really off about all this. The blood is fresh it only started to dry an hour ago, whoever did this is still here I can smell him."

Bernard opted to try and get their attention.
"Hello! I'm in the room at the bottom of the ramp! Be careful of traps; I might have missed one!"
If they were friendly, this would ensure they wouldn't assume hostile intent from Bernard. If they were unfriendly, they would be in the balista's firing zone.
Bernard mumbled to himself. "Never hurts to cover your bases."

this place stinks of blood but something feels really off about all this. The blood is fresh it only started to dry an hour ago, whoever did this is still here I can smell him.

Looking at John and stepping to the side into the shadows at the edge of the room i crouch down and walk slowly in the shadows, staying hidden from many eyes.
What does he mean he can smell him?

Walking in the shadows to the top of the ramp i pause for a second and then start to walk down when...
Hello! I'm in the room at the bottom of the ramp! Be careful of traps; I might have missed one!

Stopping dead in my tracks i look around quickly and look for the source of the voice. Starting with looking at the bottom of the ramp and working out looking for the person connected with the voice that rang out. Walking slowly backwards i stnd once im out of eye shot of the next room and point at Hulgar and John. Waving at the ramp and pointing at myself i put my finger to my lips and step back into the shadows and crouch. watching them and waiting for them to go first.

I put my sword away and say in a very calm voice, "My name is Hulgar, this is my friend John" I shot a quick glance over to Banthel not knowing if I should or should not reveal him. It was too late, me and John approach the source of the voice. "we have ben hired to retrieve an Artifact, or at least information related to it..."

[before Clade's post]

Hello! I'm in the room at the bottom of the ramp! Be careful of traps; I might have missed one!

I have say to when I heard that I had a very confused look "well this is new one" I said sheathing my sword I pull my black bow off of my back, pulling out one Ebony arrow I ready myself running my two fingers down the arrow "when you're ready Hulgar" I said standing up against the wall

OCC: new bow, I figured I'd best change it cause the previous one was the Nightingale bow and it's kinda silly

"My name is Hulgar, this is my friend John"
John? What kind of name is that? Bernard had never heard of anyone in Tamriel being named John.
"We have been hired to retrieve an artifact, or at least information related to it..."
"You're the ones I've been waiting for! I'm here for the same reason."
Bernard cast Feather Fall (One of the lost spells from the Third Era he had researched) and leaped down from the archway.
"My name is Bernard Durnon. I'm one of Hammerfell's authorities on the Dwemer. Perhaps you've heard of me or read one of my books?"

"My name is Bernard Durnon. I'm one of Hammerfell's authorities on the Dwemer. Perhaps you've heard of me or read one of my books?"

"nope never heard of you" I said bluntly putting my bow away before resting both my arms on my blade, my left hand was on the hilt of the blade and my right was on the grip

"I may have come across one of your works, but truth be tolled, its ben a long time since I just grabbed a book and enjoyed it"

"nope never heard of you"

I quickly elbow john's shoulder softly and looked at him sharply "No need to be rude, Im sure maybe he can help us" I turn back to him. "forgive my friends bluntness, but its well justified seeing as how we would like to be done with this situation soon as possible".

"No need to be rude, I'm sure maybe he can help us"

"forgive my friends bluntness, but its well justified seeing as how we would like to be done with this situation soon as possible"

I pull my mask and hood down "it's not being rude it's being honest" I said chuckling a little "aye it's feels like it took a long time before we actually got here"

No need to be rude, I'm sure maybe he can help us

forgive my friends bluntness, but its well justified seeing as how we would like to be done with this situation soon as possible

it's not being rude it's being honest. Aye it's feels like it took a long time before we actually got here.

Squatting in the shadows i look between John and Hulgar as well as this third person. Standing i walk down the ramp and stop at the bottom.

"It did take a long time. At least so far as when they rescued me and then we came here. Hello, my name is Banthel. I was rescued from some bandits and asked to come with them. Pleasure to meet you."

Bow slightly at the new man and stand at the bottom of the ramp still.

"Nope; never heard of you."
I'll have to speak to my publishers about moving more books in Skyrim.
"No need to be rude, I'm sure maybe he can help us."
"Most likely. I'm a very helpful person."
"Forgive my friends bluntness, but its well justified seeing as how we would like to be done with this situation soon as possible".
"It's not being rude it's being honest"
Bernard was steadily forming his opinions on his new associates.
"Aye it's feels like it took a long time before we actually got here."
"About one bandit horde, one Elseweyr fondue, one interrogation, two books, and one sweetroll worth of time."
A Khajiit stepped out of the shadows.
"It did take a long time. At least so far as when they rescued me and then we came here. Hello, my name is Banthel. I was rescued from some bandits and asked to come with them. Pleasure to meet you."
"Wait, what? There should be only two of you!"
Bernard cast detect life.
A signature from each of the Nords, nothing from the Khajiit.
""Bamful" was it? Would you care to explain why you're apparently not alive?"

""Bamful" was it? Would you care to explain why you're apparently not alive?"

"why thats impossible, this man is just as alive as I am" I placed my hand on his shoulder. "I have no reason to believe that Banthel here is some undead...thing" I turn to him, "He is a friend, and therefore I got his back". Then I take my hand off his shoulder and approach Bernard some "their must be a logical explanation as to why you see what you see".

"Bamful" was it? Would you care to explain why you're apparently not alive?"

when I hear this I quickly tightly grip the edge of my sheath with my left hand, flexing my thumb my blade goes a little out about as long as my thumb and I wait for the answer *if it's true I will cut though his very spine to kill him and if not then I won't simple as" I thought to myself with a building rage but remains still and doesn't say anything

"I have no reason to believe that Banthel here is some undead...thing."
"I didn't say he was undead, I just said he's apparently not alive."
"There must be a logical explanation as to why you see what you see."
"It's not what I see, it's what I don't see. The Detect Life spell allows me to see the natural energies of living beings. I see energy from you two, but nothing from your friend."

I didn't say he was undead, I just said he's apparently not alive. It's not what I see, it's what I don't see. The Detect Life spell allows me to see the natural energies of living beings. I see energy from you two, but nothing from your friend.

Looking at Bernard i nod and set a hand on my chest.
"I have an explanation for that, if you are willing to listen to it. In my home city there was an insane wizard, he took insane chances and didn't care what happened to others in his pursuit for power. One day his constructs rampaged through town and took over a 100 children and young adults. After he had them brought back to his place he started working on something even now many find it hard to believe. He took their souls...."
Close my eyes and take a deep breath.
Please let them believe this
Open my eyes again.
"He took.... My soul..."
Take a shaky breath.
"The reason you can't see me is because that spell is looking for the souls of the living, which i do not have anymore. I can see why you would think that i am undead, but its not true."

"The reason you can't see me is because that spell is looking for the souls of the living, which i do not have anymore. I can see why you would think that i am undead, but its not true."

*CLANK* went my sword as I slid it back in the sheath *hm I'll let him off for now, but I have suspicion on his story* I thought walking pass the others I go over to a fire and places a venison steak on it before turning the handle slowly waiting for it to cook *haven't had anything since we left Markarth, now is as good as any* I thought to myself

I look over back to Banthel alittle caught off guard by his sudden and shocking testimony. Could a man really be alive after having his soul stolen from his very body? Stranger things have happened I suppose, no telling what sort of magic and what not people can summon up or something, not that Im any expert in that respect.
I couldn't help but get the chills thinking of where his soul could be if it were true, could the thing this wizard use to store it be lost somewhere or perhaps it isn't lost.

Indeed it was troubling to comprehend but Iv noticed we'v wavered off task way to far. In a attempt to refocus our attention to why we came here in the first place I say still staring at Banthel, "Banthel I...had no idea, but perhaps this can be the subject of a later discussion I believe we have a job to do" I place my hand on his shoulder sympathetically.

Then take a seat next to John and hold my hands a nice warm distance from the fire, "you say you were looking for a relic as well...Bernard?".

"He took.... My soul..."
Did detect life detect souls, other things from living beings like heartbeats, pulses, etc., or souls in living beings?
Bernard pondered this question.
It didn't just detect souls, because it couldn't detect filled soul gems, like those powering Dwemer steam animonculi.
The amount of soulless live material for testing was negligible.
Bernard remembered reading something about several people having their souls stolen by Molag Bal in the second era. He didn't recall reading anything about the effects of Detect Life on them though.
If what he said was true, Detect Dead might detect him as he was flesh without a soul. Quite the conundrum.
"you say you were looking for a relic as well...Bernard?".
"I am, I believe I was hired by the same individual you were. But I must still be certain of..."
What was his name again?
"...Benthil's status. Luckily; in all my brilliance I have devised a fairly simple test."
Bernard's right hand glowed white.
"How familiar are you with Restoration magicks?"

Nodding at Hulgar when he clasps my shoulder i follow him to the fire
I am, I believe I was hired by the same individual you were. But I must still be certain of...
Benthil's status. Luckily; in all my brilliance I have devised a fairly simple test
How familiar are you with Restoration magicks?

Stop when Bernard's hands start glowing white.
Looking at Bernard as his hands glow i turn to face him full on and frown.
"You will excuse me if i find anyone using magic on me a but uncomfortable. If you would tell me what you plan on casting i may be more willing. As it is why don't we continue on and find this relic you all were commissioned to find. And Bernard, please get my name correct, its Banthel."

Looking at Hulgar and John at the fire and wondering if the lie i told will hold up.
Well, so far so good. Lets just hope he doesn't find a way of making me flinch at the wrong thing.

Relaxing and lifting my helmet off my head i hold it by the strap in my left hand as i watch Bernard. My right hand slightly curled and the very beginning of the bound sword spell, enough that i can bring it into actin right away but not so much that any magic is flowing over my hand yet. Watching Bernard's hands carefully and standing relaxed as i listen to John start cooking some meat behind me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked