Zombiosis- Interest Thread(A sci-fi, zombie-slaying RP!)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

ZOMBIOSIS

In humanity's expansion into the stars, they traverse many worlds hazardous to them but human beings have the uncanny ability to survive where thought inhabitable. Mighty cities rise from humble colonies across the universe. Humanity stands at several billion strong with more being born each day which increases its hunger for expansion. Resources are also adding fire to the flame as mega-corporations bribe and buy their way to founding their own colonies for the sake of a simple profit.

But how far are humans willing to go to make a simple buck and what can convince them otherwise?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome fauna-filled Barbaros, home of colony Romero-68!

----------------------------------------------------------------

How far we've come:

We hope you enjoy your stay!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me if you prefer these ones or a traditional character sheet. Also if anyone is interested, I'd appreciate a Co-GM to run this whole shebang and they may get a highly coveted A.I. slot.

As always if you have any comments, questions, suggestions, criticisms or death threats feel free to say so. I always welcome.

Edited 7/16/13: Added Appearance to both sheets and added robot section.

I am expressing my interest. I'm very much interested in the Co-GMing position as it would allow me to get experience in an area I don't have much of and would appreciate receiving. ^^

I very much like the idea and really hope this takes off.

A zombie attempts to bite someone. It breaks it's teeth on his powered armor.

Or am I not understanding?

Asclepion:
A zombie attempts to bite someone. It breaks it's teeth on his powered armor.

Or am I not understanding?

There are other ways these zombies can infect you ;)

Also Powered armor is expensive by even for Savini Corp. let alone a mercenary(which basically makes up the guards on the colony). Also Romero-68 is only one colony in the grand scheme of things. There are dozens more colonies Savini Corp. has but this one just so happen to have Solaninum.

...Yeah, I'm up for it. Thinking of making a Xian scientist that defected to Salvani after being a double-agent type, and he has to hide on Romero-68.

here's a sheet. tell me if this is about what you want. the reason i didn't add an assault rifle is i don't know any and I'd rather someone with some expertise in that area help.

Spector29:
...Yeah, I'm up for it. Thinking of making a Xian scientist that defected to Salvani after being a double-agent type, and he has to hide on Romero-68.

Sounds good. You don't even have to hide the fact that you were a Xian scientist since Savini Corporation hates them as it is and will gladly accept anyone defecting from Xian.

booksv2:

here's a sheet. tell me if this is about what you want. the reason i didn't add an assault rifle is i don't know any and I'd rather someone with some expertise in that area help.

Sheet looks good! As for assault rifles... well there are a lot of assault rifles you can use real or not. The standard assault rifle that Savini Corporation gives to its guards is the Lynx Assault Rifle for the moment.

sounds good, lets just say ones given to me when i get there. I'm going to assume that there's an armory on base where ammo and other things can be gotten from.

about how many people are you looking for to play this rp?

booksv2:
sounds good, lets just say ones given to me when i get there. I'm going to assume that there's an armory on base where ammo and other things can be gotten from.

about how many people are you looking for to play this rp?

There is an armory in the barracks.

I'm looking for 5-6 players at the most.

Also I edited the OP above a bit.

I have to work, but I'll get back and finish my sheet sometime later today. Consider this my RSVP.

Spector29:

I have to work, but I'll get back and finish my sheet sometime later today. Consider this my RSVP.

You can PM me his actual sheet if you want

I am quite interested by this concept, here's my sheet:

Let me know if anything needs changing.

ZombieFanatic:
I am quite interested by this concept, yet the hour grows late. I'll have a sheet up in the morning.

P.S. I realize this has been quiet for a week, but that's not too long, right?

No it's never too late. This thing's gonna stay open until I get the right amount of players!

Also Reposted because I ran out of space in the original OP above:

===================================================================
Odd developments from the science team:

==========================================================================

This looks neat. I'll start working on a sheet.

Reposted Character sheets:

Note about Androids- They are more carefully watched by Savini Corporation but they have more logical freedom than drones. Androids assist the colonists in tasks they could not do well but do not require the heavy-lifting that a work drone does or requires more physical contact that an A.I. cannot complete.

I finished mine above.

Spector29:

Good sheet, I like the whole corporate espionage aspect. He'll make for an interesting addition.

ZombieFanatic:

Looks good. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Deu Sex:

Also looks good to me. If it isn't hard, could go into more detail about the foster daughter? (name, how old she is, appearance, ect.) Kind of like a mini application.

Added a bit more in that department. Anything else that might be needed?

Mortis Nuncius:

Quick, change Xian to Savini. Xian are the bad guys.

Spector29:

Mortis Nuncius:

Quick, change Xian to Savini. Xian are the bad guys.

I have my reasons. :P

booksv2:
John Coshia

Spector29:
Cypher

ZombieFanatic:
Adrian Gemma

Deu Sex:
Jack Bartos

Mortis Nuncius:
Calvin

Alright this looks like a good group so far. I'm going to keep the thread open until the weekend which is when I'll start it.

Since most of you are guards, its going to be easier for me to write you in. Not only that but your characters all probably know each other by now as well.

Spector, your character is going to be in the Research Center since you are a scientist after all. Mortis will keep you company ;)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

ill probably have questions when you write up the start. but for now, are we going to start as guards on base or brought in in response to the zombies?

booksv2:
ill probably have questions when you write up the start. but for now, are we going to start as guards on base or brought in in response to the zombies?

Guards on base.

Actually I'm going to be dropping out of this one. Sorry.

Please reply with any requirements for improvement, I am VERY new to RP ing and will never be good if i am always rejected outright. I am willing to change any detail of the characters backstory, no matter how significant.

InfinityCubed:

Wow, right in the nick of time.

As for changes:

Like I said above, some additions to the family members would be much appreciated(name, age, appearance, occupation). And using them as supporting characters would be nice. I'll even allow you to RP as them in certain situations if need be.

Otherwise, I don't see anything else wrong about the sheet. Accepted.

As for everyone else, expect the opening post 5-6 p.m. EST.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

InfinityCubed:

Wow, right in the nick of time.

As for changes:

Like I said above, some additions to the family members would be much appreciated(name, age, appearance, occupation). And using them as supporting characters would be nice. I'll even allow you to RP as them in certain situations if need be.

Otherwise, I don't see anything else wrong about the sheet. Accepted.

As for everyone else, expect the opening post 5-6 p.m. EST.

I have done so. I have also never gotten into an RP before. Thanks so much :D this should be fun.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Use the interest thread for OOC chat

As per the GM's instructions, I've placed my OOC here.

@Mr.Ivebeenframed: So, just to be perfectly clear, were Calvin's hands removed or were specimens removed from his hands?

Mortis Nuncius:
@Mr.Ivebeenframed: So, just to be perfectly clear, were Calvin's hands removed or were specimens removed from his hands?

Spector29:
Whoops

Yeah I just had a major typo fail. I meant took the specimens off of his hands. Like took it from him not his hands XD

I edited it too.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
*snip*

Alrighty then, then wanted to make doubly sure before beginning work on a post.

Would've made research interesting with a "hands-free" Android. XD

For clarity on my last post, I do not think you are a psychopath, booksv2, but Adrian does. :-)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked