Evangelion 2.0 (open- signup)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

@hiei82: GPC has two huge building-sized particle acceleration chambers that need to be set up and started on-site wherever it's deployed, it can only be fired prone, and when you shoot it you're using up the electrical production of an entire reasonably sized first world country. It seems something specialized to be requisitioned rather than an Eva's primary weapon.

For the blade handles we could incorporate some particle-wave matter technobabble, or just have the Eva make AT blades without using a focus.

@Pappytech: The MAGI- Remote Monitoring Device (RMD for short) is a complicated sensory array in constant communication with the MAGI system, allowing for the Eva to utilize MAGI analysis while in-field.

Pappytech:

...Well, shoot. And here I thought I was special.

Don't you know anything about piloting? Every life is special, and we will weather them against the storm.

@Redryhno: Absolutely. We could always use another Misato. As GM, I will try to make sure that everyone has an important role.

@Rogue Trooper: We now have an armour commander.

@pyroguy86: Nickname is somewhat generic, but otherwise no problems with the sheet. I liked that it showed their reaction when they first saw an Eva.

@CJ1145: o_o

@Dogmatic99: I love Provisional Units :3

@Ruedyn: Not a whole lot to say about this one, though there isn't anything bad about it.

Ignore

Asclepion:
@hiei82: GPC has two huge building-sized particle acceleration chambers that need to be set up and started on-site wherever it's deployed, it can only be fired prone, and when you shoot it you're using up the electrical production of an entire reasonably sized first world country. It seems something specialized to be requisitioned rather than an Eva's primary weapon.

For the blade handles we could incorporate some particle-wave matter technobabble, or just have the Eva make AT blades without using a focus.

1) Okay. So what's the largest energy weapon I can carry and keep charged with the nuclear reaction on by back?

2) That's what I've been assuming. Honestly, the "bio-material" stuff is just there for fluff; how it "works" is a level of detail I've been ignoring

@Asclepion: Alright, good to know. Presumably, the in-field analysis wouldn't be as detailed as the one from Central Dogma, but it would still give an observant pilot the opportunity to predict an Angel's attack patterns and the like? Sounds like a pretty handy tool.

Asclepion:

Don't you know anything about piloting? Every life is special, and we will weather them against the storm.

B-but how can you expect someone like me to help? I'm not a soldier or a fighter; it's like you're asking me to stop a tidal wave all by myself!

Asclepion:
@CJ1145: o_o

I can't tell if this reaction or positive or negative.

Kinda just a rough draft at the moment, I may need to rethink quite a bit of her backstory, I think I spent too much time on a boat

Asclepion:
@Ruedyn: Not a whole lot to say about this one, though there isn't anything bad about it.

..... Whoo? I suppose inoffensive is better than bad >_>

@Asclepion: Just wondering what the start date is, since I'll be away on a camping trip over the weekend. I'll probably be back by the fifth.

@hiei82: I think they're unnecessary, really.

You could go for a Positron Cannon, greater power per shot at the expense of rapid fire. The Provisional Unit already has one. Depends on your combat tactics. A.T. Field blades projected over dual wielded Positron Pistols.

@CJ1145: Mostly positive. It certainly stands out, but socialization is a major part of the game.

@Rogue Trooper: I meant you.

@Redryhno: From your history she seems more fitting to be a Chief of Security or some kind of Spec Ops leader. Could have more detail in some areas, but I'll allow it.

@All: I'm withdrawing my own pilot. Thanks to everyone who showed interest!

Accepted Pilots:

@EmporerZuma:
@hiei82:
@Terratina:
@EnigmaticSevens:
@pyroguy86:
@CJ1145:
@Dogmatic99:
@Pappytech:

I was going to stop it here to limit the number of pilots, as the nature of this prohibits a large group. But I couldn't possibly reject @Athol:, a pilot with a tattoo that says "Where Angels Fear to Tread".

Ruedyn, You may still join Mr.Ivebeenframed, Rogue Trooper, and Redryhno with a personal-scale character. Just because you'll be outside the Entry Plug doesn't mean you won't be needed, and there will certainly be shocks for the people defending humanity from inside a command bunker.

Player apps will be open throughout the game for personal-scale characters.

@Terratina: Within the next day or so.

@All: The fate of the world is in your hands. Good luck.

@Asclepion: If this thing starts while I'm away, feel free to invent a reason for Ortwin's absence (late transfer from Nerv-Germany, injury, etc), or just have him on auto-pilot. Thanks for accepting me, even though I will probably be away when this starts.

@Asclepion: O right sorry about that man, my mistake.

Asclepion:
...@Athol:, a pilot with a tattoo that says "Where Angels Fear to Tread".

Just so I'm clear, am I in?

@Asclepion: Yeah, I was actually planning on changing it to that after I read over it again, but it was like five in the morning and I decided that I'd seen enough sunrises that I could miss one this week.

Asclepion:
snip

Daria Rev_1.2 is now available. I removed the Great cannon and am now using the smaller one. I also removed the experimentation part per request.

After noticing the dangerously high male to female pilot ratio (even with D's nebulous gender), I made a couple edits to Thomas. Also changed Unit-27 to Unit-73, to better line up with Dogma's Unit-67. Doesn't make much sense having a provisional unit developed after a full-fledged (if somewhat sucky) Eva.

Also, woo!

Ruedyn:

Hey dude I hate to point this out; but French citizens can only join the FFL as officers.

Hrggghh here we go.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Hrggghh here we go.

Indeed. Incidentally, Unit-82's MAGI-RMD is running, so I figure that means you get whatever information Unit-82 sees.

*comes out of lurking.*

Just wanted to tell you guys this looks pretty damn cool. As much as I'd love to join in, exam-season is nigh at my school. Have fun guys!

*continues lurking.*

@Nouw: ^_^

@Ruedyn: Accepted. Welcome.

@Rogue Trooper: Everyone is under the UN anyway.

pyroguy86:
snip

I'm setting up a target for you; enjoy.

pyroguy86:
snip

sorry; double-post

hiei82:

pyroguy86:
snip

sorry; double-post

Did you broadcast it just to unit-13 or to all units?

pyroguy86:

hiei82:

pyroguy86:
snip

sorry; double-post

Did you broadcast it just to unit-13 or to all units?

All units. I just singled you out because you were likewise on the front lines

hiei82:

snip

Alright, my post is up.

pyroguy86:

hiei82:

snip

Alright, my post is up.

Neat.

Also, I just noticed I got your Eva unit number wrong (I said 13 when I meant 75).

Posting now, may take the initiative to kill steal.

Dogmatic99:
Hey

Picking on your character a bit, hope you don't mind. My character just doesn't like anyone who isn't a Neo-Spartan. At first that is. :)

pyroguy86:
"87, are you alright?"

Since there isn't a Unit-87, were you speaking to Unit-77 or Unit-82 (or some other unit)?

hiei82:

pyroguy86:
"87, are you alright?"

Since there isn't a Unit-87, were you speaking to Unit-77 or Unit-82 (or some other unit)?

Ah my bad. I've done that three times now, but for some reason I couldn't correct myself this last time. It was meant for 82, and I'll go change that now. Thanks for the heads up.

pyroguy86:

hiei82:

pyroguy86:
"87, are you alright?"

Ah my bad. I've done that three times now, but for some reason I couldn't correct myself this last time. It was meant for 82, and I'll go change that now. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm hardly one to criticize: I called you Unit-13

@All: Some way of identifying each other beyond Eva unit numbers may be a good idea.

hiei82:

I'm hardly one to criticize: I called you Unit-13

Fair enough, I suppose that makes us even then haha.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked