Evangelion 2.0 (open- signup)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

@Shinji-Argument: I don't doubt it. Gendo is just the kind of manipulative bastard to do something like that, but in the end that doesn't matter. No matter what Gendo did, Shinji got into the Evangelion because Rei was injured.

To the other a piece, I think that makes the character more relatable. I mean which is more understandable: a 14 year old character who happily jumps into a giant robot whenever ordered, risking life and limb at a moment's notice against creatures he doesn't understand to protect something he doesn't know about/the only piece of land on the planet the lovecraftian horrors seem interested in or a 14 year old, abandoned and mistreated by his family and friends, feeling the dual compulsions to protect those he does care about and feeling as though those he cares about donn't care about him. In the end, NGE wouldn't have been anywhere near as interesting if Shinji had just been another teenage robot-pilot fighting against Kaiju with the power of "guts".

@EmperorZuma: I'd be okay with that plan; lets just hope they don't kill each other (or more likely you kill Daria).

@Asclepion: I'm also pro-downtime

Rogue Trooper:
...It seems that yet again he is forced to play against his virtual opponent...Marx.

Want a chess opponent? Daria WAS ordered to have fun after all.

@All: Fun fact people, despite serving as the prototypical role model for the Neo-Spartan, Asuka is not a Neo-Spartan, she's a prodigy, JUST LIKE SHINJI. With her own set of mommy issues and resultant emotional trauma. Yet, as the representation of the Freudian Id, she seeks self-actualization through her apparent destiny rather than pulling a Shinji and using it as a source of infinite self-pity and wangst. She takes pride in her role as a pilot, strives to perfect her skill, and thus use this a s source of her self worth. Again, a totally selfish ideology, but goddamn at least its a PRODUCTIVE sort of selfishness.

Hell, the most awesome Eva pilot only shows up in the Rebuild continuity (and demonstrates Gainax's gradual move away from strictly archetypal or symbolic characters). Mari is certifiable badass and really one of the only healthy responses to Eva piloting. If it is your unavoidable destiny to pilot a giant cyborg, quit your whining and try to have a little fun.

hiei82:

Rogue Trooper:
...It seems that yet again he is forced to play against his virtual opponent...Marx.

Want a chess opponent? Daria WAS ordered to have fun after all.

Sure why not

@Sevens: As much as I'd like to agree with you, I have to refute everything you just said. Asuka is a prodigy, yes, BUT. She was brought up to pilot them long before ever seeing an Angel, wearas Shinji kinda got the shaft, and Mari honestly didn't do much in Rebuild if you actually look at it, she speaks English, which in the dub a bit of the funny bits are taken out and replaced with trying to figure out exactly how retarded Shinji is, and that's about the extent she brings to the table besides a bit of a return to what Ano criticized with all the previous Mechanime. And while she's more enjoyable to watch, she's still as much a pain in the ass as the rest of them seeing as everyone in the world is mentally unstable and has abandonment issues of one type or another.

Edit: BUT, also, back to Asuka. Just in the original series she gets her what? Five episodes worth of being the badass you're talking about before shutting down completely and you never see her again really? And in End, she has her five minutes of badassery before being eaten? It's been a while, I can't remember. But she shuts down more than Shinji does.

Well....they both shut down in their own ways, Asuka becomes unresponsive, and Shinji runs when nobody's looking.

@All: Speaking of the infamous creator of Evangelion, I thought I might share this:

It's kinda on topic and certainly interesting.

@Redrhyno: We are never given the extent of Asuka's training, we can only assume that as the third child, she's been piloting for less time than Rei and more time than Shinji. She certainly wasn't conditioned since birth for it, as she finds dear mom's body when she learns she's been accepted to pilot an Eva. She apparently had time in her youth to get a degree of some sort, and interact extensively with her relatives and thus develop her own set of issues. The point remains that Asuka is a vastly more effective pilot than Shinji. Asuka plays a direct role in the deaths of (if I'm counting correctly) Gaghiel, Israfel, Sahaquiel, and Bardiel. Granted, after enough pushing, Shinji gets credit for two, Shamshel and Ramiel, but beyond that, it's Unit-01 doing the work (berserking and thus robbing Shinji of control or input, or in the case of Zeruel, potentially causing the apocalypse.

And yes, Mari has very little screen time, but in that brief window, handles MULTIPLE Eva with greater skill than any previous pilot (hell Beast mode was worth that). Then again, she has the obvious advantage of not having her mother's soul entombed in a giant machine.

Asuka only has her little breakdown after being mind-raped by an Angel. Not to mention her level of mental trauma was arguably leagues above Shinji's. Shinji barely remembers his mother. Asuka's mother went crazy and told her daughter that she was not hers (and that the doll was apparently her daughter), before hanging herself shortly there after. And who finds the body? Asuka.... Neither of them are models of mental health, but the Id remains more tolerable from the Ego.

@hiei82: I'm not a fan of Death of the Author ideology, as it tends to crystalize in the English teacher pontificating on the nature of a rose in a work of fiction when it's really just there as window dressing. It's not completely invalid, mind you, yes any given work of fiction can be interpreted in a multitude of ways. But at the end of the day, Art is a means of expression and communication, the initial will that divines it has a role to play in any given interpretation.

I am so goddamned far behind. I have been spending time with family in town, and I've completely lost track of the thread. I'll try to catch up; sorry.

Right, so! Who wants to room with the total rookie? The one who's still naive enough to think that Nerv are the good guys?

Pappytech:
Right, so! Who wants to room with the total rookie? The one who's still naive enough to think that Nerv are the good guys?

Well, since nobody's responded I will if you don't have anyone else in mind!

Redryhno:
Lets try this again

@Redryhno: I know I made the assumption in my post, but is my character bunking with yours? If not I'll edit it quickly.

pyroguy86:

Pappytech:

Hmm... Let's see here.

A pair of pilots who don't yet realize that they're rooming together. They just completed a training exercise, and need to get into some dry clothes. The girl's getting into the shower, while the guy is totally unaware of her presence...

I think there's a scene we're all but required to reference here. And by "reference", I mean unabashedly rip off.

Pappytech:

pyroguy86:

Pappytech:

Hmm... Let's see here.

A pair of pilots who don't yet realize that they're rooming together. They just completed a training exercise, and need to get into some dry clothes. The girl's getting into the shower, while the guy is totally unaware of her presence...

I think there's a scene we're all but required to reference here. And by "reference", I mean unabashedly rip off.

It's this one isn't it?
2:18

.... Am I actually in this? Sorry, went on vacation and barely checked over. Juuuust making sure. Update would be nice if I did get in.

@Ruedyn: Yes. Right now we're playing the weeks between Angels, with all the pilots living with each other.

@All: Tell me when you're ready. ^^

Sorry for the delay, things have been pretty hectic on my end. What family groups are each of us in?

Dogmatic99:
Sorry for the delay, things have been pretty hectic on my end. What family groups are each of us in?

People are deciding that. So far, it looks like Lillian is living with Captain harda$$, and Tammy is living with Gale. Daria and Mark might be living together - hard to say as EmperorZuma hasn't said 1 way or another yet.

hiei82:

Dogmatic99:

People are deciding that. So far, it looks like Lillian is living with Captain harda$$, and Tammy is living with Gale. Daria and Mark might be living together - hard to say as EmperorZuma hasn't said 1 way or another yet.

OKY doky! I'm up for living with whatever/whoever.... can we get a cybog penguin?

Dogmatic99:

hiei82:

Dogmatic99:

OKY doky! I'm up for living with whatever/whoever.... can we get a cybog penguin?

You should name him Neo-PenPen 3

@pyroguy86: You do realise that I just copy/pasted stuff about all the other pilots except for my own, right?

@All: Ortwin needs a roommate. >.>

Terratina.:
@pyroguy86: You do realise that I just copy/pasted stuff about all the other pilots except for my own, right?

@All: Ortwin needs a roommate. >.>

Yea, sorry I forgot to add your pilots information. I'll edit that post when I get home tonight.

@All: Can post Angel?

Hello everyone! I made an account just to post a comment. I happened to stumble across this forum and RP poking around for things on google and happened to stumble randomly across one of my concept images for Kushiel (for yes, I am the one that designed it). I think it's awesome that people enjoy the concept enough to want to use it in games like this and as an RPer myself I have no problem at all that it ended up getting used. Like I said, it's pretty awesome!

But just as a little side note it's a nice courtesy to give credit where it's due, even if it's just a link back to the EvaGeeks forum thread where the concept appeared as part of the contest all those years ago.

Thanks all and keep up the great writing! <3

@Maitosairys: Oh wow! You made that? It was a cool design.

Yes, Kushiel came from AsukaChan on this thread.
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/5220/Second-Evas-vs-Angels-Design-Contest-Afterthoughts/120/?

Guess I can't use Ensuivanel or Vitiseul now, either.

@Asclepion: I thought there was going to be some downtime/character building before the next angel? This is kinda just rushing along for the people that can't be on here every day.

@Asclepion: Yeah, I've been busy all day today and I'm too tired to post tonight, but I would've loved to finish my meeting with the Director, and then find a clone in my house.

@All: okay, I can hold. How long do you want?

Perhaps until all/most of us are satisfied with our first day? When we all head for bed, then a timeskip?

Been a hectic, hellish, day but I'm trying to get a post up before I crash.

@Asclepion: At least what Zuma said, give us time for us to get a feel for the other players. I'm still waiting for Redryhno to respond to me.

@Athol: Yeah, sorry about that, I've been trying to figure out how to do a post without it consisting of two lines that could be summed up as "we'll talk about it later". I'll get one up within the next hour.

@Redryhno: I'm going to assume that the apartments are a fair distance away from N.E.R.V headquarters, and that they are more or less just a few rooms like a bathroom, a kitchen/dining room and maybe a bedroom or two?

@Pyro: uhhh....sure? I kinda just thought everyone'd make up what their apartments looked like...hadn't really thought about any besides my own....I keep feeling like I'm taking control away from Asclepion when I answer questions like this....Or when I post stuff in the game....it's really damn weird.

@Redryhno: You're in charge of the pilots. You decide where to put them.

Just posted there guys

@hiei82: Sorry for the wait

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked