The moons of Orum (scifi, sign up thread)

Sorry if this was rather alot to take in, but I would be eager to hear what you all think. And if their is anything you guys think I should improve or add, please, let me know and Id be happy to take it into consideration.

You probably should be more specific about what the players will actually be doing, you've given some information on the world but there's a lot that's not really clear.

A few questions I'd ask for example

Would the players be human?

Are there other alien races to choose from or is it just humans?

If they are humans then in this rp is there any connection to earth or the present?

What exactly will the players are doing?

Is there a set plot or are the players able to direct things?

Is there (or is there going to be) a character sheet?

What is the general level of technology?

How about travel?

What's the scope in this situation, just the two planets? the solar system? Or a galaxy?

Those are just a few things that might help make it more clear what you're offering.

Ehm...I mean, is this supposed to be an interest thread? I don't see any character sheets and...I mean all I see here is four planets. Plus, there is zero information on any of the provinces, what people look like, what the tech is...I mean...wait. I think I got it. This is an RP where we are all planets. Thus we must wiggle our orby bodies in a disco fashion to win over as many inhabitants as possible. From there, our bulbous forms shall oppose one another by slightly wobbling menacingly at one another. These war wobbles will then decide mates. Whoever wobbles the scariest will get meteor mates, which are highly desirable.

In all seriousness though, this could really use a lot more information. Ave gave a lot of good ideas, but you should also include a character sheet.

Fair questions and I apologize for not being forthright with such info , The material Iv mentioned in fact is actually stuff Iv ben using to wright my very own scifi stories. The Antilus system is located in a region of the Galaxy called the Rim, named so becouse of its location at the very rim of the galaxy. It is composed of many hundreds of stars but we hone just to this particular one for the moment. The Rim in general is a very chaotic due to the lack of a superior form of government ruling over the region as a whole. This has allowed many groups of people to set up their own societies and forms of governments on planets they find unoccupied or occupied by a less powerful group of people, as a Result many civilizations have risen and fallen. The case with Antilus is no different, you got two power hungry planets battling each other for supremacy over the sector. And in the case one becomes victorious surely that one will move on to the next System and battle the planets their for supremacy over that system, its common place in the Rim.

I have set the RP in a time before the stories I have ben writing. A very delicate time with many things hanging in the balance. And as far as the technological level I was thinking something on the level of maybe startrek or firefly...Im leaning more to firefly personally. Yes their are Aliens in this universe but in this particular system their are mostly humans, but players can choose from a short list I have come up with to play as but this is probably gonna be a more Human oriented thing. But Ill show you the list eneyways, here you go...

Edit: coming up with new story

P.S if you choose to be E'zik or Zulathian please Pm me before doing a sheet so I can give you specific info

avouleance2nd:

What exactly will the players are doing?

Is there a set plot or are the players able to direct things?

How about travel?

What's the scope in this situation, just the two planets? the solar system? Or a galaxy?

In the RP the Moons of Orum are vital strategic territories to have because of their great richness in resources. The Midway Empire of Ixx controls 4 of the 7 moons, while Priesh the remaining 3. Despite this apparent advantage for Ixx, the powers are at a balance. If any of them loses just one moon could mean the difference between victory and defeat. Each of the Moons have more of a diverse population so if players want to play as non humans its likely they will start on one of the moons. The whole aim of the plot is to snare at least one of the moons away from Ixxin control which would shift the balance of power in favor of the Coldhearts and the Priesh.

I do have a plot to go by but it has multiple endings that can happen, all depends on how the group does things.

We can travel to any of the Planets in the Antilus System, though the reason must be relevant to the plot. For example Im not gonna take the group to Segetsic just because the players feel like visiting. If people want to go their we must come up with a reasonable reason that relates to the plot. And maybe later on Ill expand the borders into neighboring systems. Iv poured my heart into developing this whole scifi universe, so I have plenty of places to introduce should this thing really kick off. That goes for the Alien races as well...

Like I mentioned before, this conflict is just one of many thousands that go on in the Rim. Beyond the Rim is a vast alliance of worlds called the Coopertive. All basically seeing the Rim as a haven of savages and want nothing to do with them while they live a relatively sound life, I mean after all, Why waste the resources when you already posses like 95% of the galaxy? just the way things are.

drmigit2:
Plus, there is zero information on any of the provinces, what people look like, what the tech is

I can go on and on about each province lol Before the rise of the Midway Empire in Ethrony, The provinces of Ixx were essentially just Kingdom nations with their own Kings, Armies, towns, villages and what not. Nowadays their more like states to a greater Empire with Ethrony as its heart land and where its emperor lives, as Military governors have ben appointed to the rest of the provinces.

Edit: Here's a complete list of the provinces and brief descriptions.

Edit: I couldn't resist lol listen to this while reading lol
http://youtu.be/oDoG_SwvBV4

Tell me what you think. I didn't really know what to do here so ya.

booksv2:

Tell me what you think. I didn't really know what to do here so ya.

Really good, considering this is an entirely made up universe lol. Perhaps we can Say that Jack was raised on one of Orum's moons, it would most certainly be a place where he would see allot of combat. As far as naming a town, village, or settlement Ill allow people to be creative.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked