Apocalypse (Game Thread : Closed, Dead)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 21 NEXT

Urd flew slowly, scanning for any signs of life, well life that mattered to her, first, Lith's message came over her Com "Lith, this is Urd, I'm awake, airborne, and searching for any other survivors" she replied "Anyone with you or you alone?" she said, hovering a moment before she heard some one scream, though not sure if it was one of the crew, she headed in to investigate, diving through the tree's axes at the ready in case it was hostel, only to find Dante, and is spear pointing in some Direction "Found Dante" she reported to Lith, her tone clearly pleased with this find.

Urd popped open the face plate on her helm "Hello" she said with a cute wave and a smile "You alright? not hurt or anything are you?" She asked, her wings folding back up as she walked up next to him to investigate, before then just hugging him, relieved he was just alive.

"Hello." A voice said to Dante, looking up from following the direction of his spear, he could that it was Urd who had appeared in front of him showing a rather cute looking smile and a friendly wave. Almost immediately he was overcome with elation at the prospect of seeing her alive. "You alright? not hurt or anything are you?" Urd then asked. It appeared she shared the same sentiments as he was, for not a moment after did she just straight up wrapped her arms in a hug, the wings of her Swooping Hawk armour closing as she did.

Acting more upon intuition than anything else, Dante let his Singing Spear stand by itself as he wrapped his arm around Urd, completing the loving embrace. From Urd's perspective, she would have noticed a small tear coming from his right eye as the hood of his coat fell down, showing the entirety of his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine Urd, just overcome with joy at seeing you alive, so good to feel your touch again. The reason for me shouting earlier, was that I had just located Solara through her psychic presence; and given that it's been a while since I last felt it, I kind of got the full force of it at once." Dante said, speaking slowly as his emotions got the better of him. He then decided 'to hell with it' and planted a kiss of Urd's lips. Yeah, it was definitely her alright.

"What about you Urd? Are you hurt? Also have you made contact with any of the others? I was just heading in the general direction of Solara when you flew in." He remarked with a smirk.

Urd planted a second kiss on Dante shortly after the first, just happy to see him again after who knows how long in the pod. "I'm fine, little stiff but fine, and yes, Lith is apparently awake, got a call from her over the coms before I heard you. Haven't heard back from her yet though, but she seemed alright. Haven't heard from anyone else yet, but if you got a bead on Solara we'll run into her sooner or later" She said, her hands in his "I'll keep an ear on the com and update you when she reply's"

Helena shifted her head when she heard the Acolyte shifting on his cot beside hers. He was praying over a small portable shrine to The Holy Father. A wise habit. She would save her thanks though, for her thanks would be given in solitude. Where alone she could plead forgiveness from her failures in peace, away from the eyes of other. Where she could feel the shame of His gaze alone.

She waited for him to be done. When he was she spoke. "I must admit I am surprised acolyte. Long have I held the Inquisition as a institution balancing on the knife's edge of Heresy. It is relieving to see one of your station still holding true to The Holy Father." She said letting her eyelids rest. Sleep would not come unless she wished it or it forced its self past her will. But the darkness was better than the grey walls.

Martin's incantations drew to a close, and he finished them with a bow of his head and a sign of the Aquila. He folded up his icons and adjusted himself to face Helena as she began to speak.

"I must admit I am surprised acolyte. Long have I held the Inquisition as a institution balancing on the knife's edge of heresy. It is relieving to see one of your station still holding true to The Holy Father."

Acolyte. That word rung about until his head, growing louder and more resonant until he threw his head back and laughed. When he finished with his mirth, he addressed the Sister, "Acolyte. I was never really one, but I guess I'm the only one who ever got the memo. I suppose I'll never be free of that title, not even upon the death of the one who 'bestowed' that title on me." His chuckling wound down, but the mirth still remained to a degree. Odicio's death had a strange effect on the ex-Commissar. "Your distrust of the Inquisition is cute, Retributor. You think me pious because I keep a treasured icon in my pocket, but dear Helena, if I were to possess a quarter of the devotion and faith of Inquisitor Malin Odicio, then I could strike with the force of company of men and smite the foulest of traitors. Your distrust of the Inquisition is not unfounded, my Sister, but your expectations are uninformed."

Vymazat look up to the Carnifex with a gleeful smile within his helmet. So much blood and carnage would come from a kill like that. All he has to do is to the top and make it choke on metabombs. Laughing loudly in a craze joy as he charge at the beast. Slowly starting to catch up to it as it seem to be right at the burning Rhino. Vymazat care little for whoever was inside as he jumps up into the air and landed on one of the legs of the Carnifex. Using his claws to stab into the beasts flesh to make sure he had a good holding point if the beast try to sway him off.

With his free hand he pull out his knife and slowly started the climb up. His claws always injecting the painful toxins into it, though he knew it wouldn't kill the mighty beast. He just wanted to hear it in pure pain before he finish it off. Laughing all the way as he screams out "STRIP THE FLESH!" Slowly making his way up towards the beast's head though still has a while to get to it.

"I'm fine, little stiff but fine, and yes, Lith is apparently awake, got a call from her over the coms before I heard you. Haven't heard back from her yet though, but she seemed alright. Haven't heard from anyone else yet, but if you got a bead on Solara we'll run into her sooner or later." Urd said as she held her hands in Dante's.

"I'll keep an ear on the com and update you when she reply's."

"Good. Glad we know that there is another of our troupe that has awoken. Unfortunately I am unable to get a precise fix on Solara's location, so we may be travelling for sometime, I just hope we don't run into any nasty surprises along the way; although between the two of us, I think we'll be able to handle a few." Dante remarked with a smirk that almost looked like he was about to chuckle, but soon the two carried on walking through the forest, following the path as was directed by the Singing Spear.

"We'll have to find someway of obtaining Lith's position as well. I guess if we were to fire something up into the air, and ask her to look for it, then at least she can some to us." He soon added.

Anthony Frederickson
Pain, shrapnel, fire, smoke, what sounded like a scream.
Anthony pushed his cask open and looked around his surroundings.
Crete, electronics, red lights, eviscerated corpses, a hole in the roof from which no light flowed.
Beyond being in what he was assuming was a bunker, he was lost.
He began running system checks, as he pulled himself out of the cask that kept his mind intact during the voyage.
Nothing of note was wrong except for an odd fluctuation in the claw, he must have damaged it when he attacked the locking mechanism or somehow during the fall. He took it offline and began wandering down a corridor.
Streaks of purple and red fluid he assumed were blood coated the walls as he wandered looking for anyone else.
He pulled a door open and looked inside, a security station, a keep or vault would be nearby if there were civilians attached.
He sealed the door behind him and began checking the corpses and cogitators inside, looking for a survivor, a security log, something to show where he was, what happened here.

Arcor (Tribune Theta-46531)
Priority evac message, some inquisitor, name unrecognized, nearby in the red zone.
More objectives, it'd be another reprimand on a black day if he didn't atleast try to deal with it.
More suffering.

He saw a glow on the door, a blue flame quickly poked through making a cut, running around the edge of the door.
It eventually was enough that he could simply push it off, but it took too long in his mind as is.
The survivors listed off as he entered the troop chamber.
Two more dead, it could have been worse.
He took out his power sword and jammed it into the mechanism of the exit hatch.
Not enough, he yelled at his men to back up and he pulled his plasma pistol, on it, firing until the overheat light came on. He holstered his pistol waited a moment and kicked into the near molten mess.
He briefly experienced a burning sensation from the sensors in his leg as the metal began to burn through his armour and fuse to his bionics. He shut off the sense simulation attached to it.

He hauled himself out and took a look around, noticing more xeno hell getting real close to him and his men. As they exited, he told them to scatter and make a run to regroup at the closest outpost they could find, in the fastest binary cant he could.
When he was sure they had all made it out he began to sprint towards the inquisitors beacon, shotgun in hand.

The Tech Priest, The Dreadnought, and The Terminator - Driseadi - Objective Ceti
The surviving crew inside the wrecked Valkyrie are on fire and flailing around in their seats, screaming in pain.

"Your distrust of the Inquisition is not unfounded, my Sister, but your expectations are uninformed." Helena raised an eyebrow as the Acolyte ranted. He was borderline insulting. But she was in no position to teach him the respect she had earned by making it as far as she had. But no matter. She had other points of his to deal with. Cute? Uninformed. How wrong he was.

"Oh make no mistake Acolyte, my distrust is far from cute. And my expectations are reasonable. I'm sure You've heard that Sisters may serve an Inquisitor yes? I have, along side others I might add. I watched three fall to Heresy. One to mutation. And I saw even the Inquisitor be led astray from The Holy Father's teachings. I have similar stories from others who have served. So do not preach to me Acolyte. I saw the start of Heresy in your late Master, much like I saw take Mine." She told him pushing her self into a sitting position. She winced as the pain in her hand shot through her arm through the painkillers. "And I am not your Sister. My siblings are the other women, my brother is war, and My Father is the Emperor, And My purpose is to serve him and avenge The Lady Kathrine."

"Oh make no mistake Acolyte, my distrust is far from cute and my expectations are reasonable. I'm sure you've heard that Sisters may serve an Inquisitor, yes? I have, alongside others, I might add. I watched three fall to Heresy, one to mutation, and I saw even the Inquisitor be led astray from The Holy Father's teachings. I have similar stories from others who have served. So do not preach to me, Acolyte. I saw the start of Heresy in your late Master, much like I saw take mine. And I am not your Sister. My siblings are the other women, my brother is war, and my Father is the Emperor, and my purpose is to serve him and avenge the Lady Kathrine."

Martin bristled at the insults and barbed assumptions hurled out of ignorance. He figured that it was in the Sister's favor that he was not armed. Before he made his case, Martin prepared his first piece of evidence. He lifted the cap off of his head and spun it familiarly in his fingers. Then, he stopped it, leaving the seal on the front facing away from him, staring directly at Helena. "I won't insult your intelligence by pretending you do not know what this cap is or represents, as that would be insulting to you, dishonest of me, and a waste of both of our time. I will, however, explain how you are wrong, and I will use this cap as a starting point."

Martin rotated it again, this time looking deep into the seal emblazoned on the front. His tone was harsh, honest, and unyielding. "I am an Imperial Commissar. I have personally served twenty-six regiments of the Imperial Guard by investigating and uprooting any and all flaws within every soldier I have encountered. I have uncovered numerous cabals and exterminated countless cults. Once, I even commanded an entire regiment after connecting markings of the foul Slaneesh to the colonel and most of his staff, executing all involved. I have stood firm defending the innocent and pure, proving an entire world wrong in the process. I have destroyed impure regiments with the Inquisition at my back. I have served the Commissariat directly for half a century, counting neither the two decades I spent under Odicio nor the training I underwent at the Schola Progenium, the same institution that hones the Inquisitors you are so knowledgeable of." He took his eyes off of his cap and stared firmly and defiantly into Helena's eyes. "In comparison, my dear, your experience with heresy is quite cute.

He lifted the cap over his head and placed it gingerly, making minuscule adjustments until it was in place. "To summarize: One of us here knows what they are talking about. The other, Sister Helena, does not."

"To summarize: One of us here knows what they are talking about. The other, Sister Helena, does not."

Helena glared at the Acolyte. She considered him lucky she did not have her Bolter handy. "And one of us, Acolyte" Helena growled stepping off her cot and shoving the servitor aside. "Seems to think they are far more important than they really are. You were a Commissar. Now you are nothing but a dog of the Inquisition. And while you have been following your Master, I have been dealing with any Heretic you missed, every foul Chaos being."

She stood over the Acolyte now. "My boots have touched down on more worlds than can be counted. While you have served in the Imperial guard, you may have been in many regiments. But where your guard went the Heretics hid, the Xeno's slaughtered, and the Chaos laughed. Where I and my sister's walk The Heretics cower, the Xeno's die, and the Chaos cry in dismay. And, out of what little respect I have of your station, I will warn you once." She glared into Martins eyes, her cybernetic eye turning red. "Insult me again Acolyte, and you will learn why I can proudly call myself a Sister of Battle."

Lith

"I know you do not like me, but what I fail to comprehend is why. I understand I am not of the same species, but I have come to learn to work with you humans, and even Solara is accepting of me. So my inquiry to you is why do you hate me? What hath I done to deserve your hate and wrath?"

"You say you're no threat, but xeno's are never to be trusted." Lith shot back; never taking her eyes off the direction Solara's cask had gone. "When I'm anywhere near you, I can tell you are just wrong...you shouldn't be..." She was cut off when a signal came through on the vox.

"Lith, this is Urd, I'm awake, airborne, and searching for any other survivors. Anyone with you, or you alone?"

Thank the Emperor... "Regrettably Solara's little hanger on made it down, and is with me." She said, the disappoint plain in her voice. "I'm currently following the flight path of Solara's cask, but it's a ways off. How are you and Dante?"

Egerion

"Just like old times, right Egerion?"

"The Orks seemed bigger back in the day." Egerion replied, casting the shattered body aside. With the death of their 'Boss' the Orks started to fall back from the fight. With the fighting slackening, Egerion turned to see what Sana was doing. Still exchanging fire with some of the horde, he made his way back to the crash. "There's nothing you can do to save them."

"Being a psychic void is part of my fate. I accept it, and am not afraid to confront it head on." Titania said to Lith as they ran along. "Have I not proved my assistance worthy in slaying daemons alongside the group?" She asked, thinking back to when they first met. "Not to mention, in eldar society, those who are graced with my voice are considered cursed. It is but superstition, I have just take such a forsaken route that I'm an outcast even amung the harlequines, the outcasts of eldar society." She said, continuing her run.

"All I ask is a bit of trust, nothing more, nothing less."

Momaru was glad to see the orks break and route under the might of but a techpriest and two astartes. Firing off a couple of bolter rounds into the retreating orks, he let out a sigh of releif. "Finally, a bit of time to rest. Spot anything worth taking in their loot stashes egerion?" He asked the dreadnought.

Meanwhile, Sana was using her mechendrites to end the lives of the poor souls burning to death, quickly working to inset her mechendrites through their skulls and killing them.

"Regrettably Solara's little hanger on made it down, and is with me. I'm currently following the flight path of Solara's cask, but it's a ways off. How are you and Dante?"

Urd noted the disappointment in Lith's tone when she mentioned the Eldar, Urd, wasn't sure what to think of her, but that didn't matter right now. "Dante is fine, save the massive head each Solara caused him when she flew by, how ever, we're tracking her as well, as for my self, stiff, don't think I'm full thawed yet, that, or I've just been a sleep to long. Aside the Eldar, anything else? Your not hurt or anything are you?" Urd replied as she and Dante fallowed the spear to Solara.

Lith

"All I ask is a bit of trust, nothing more, nothing less."

"The day I trust a xenos, is the day I turn my back on the Emperor, and I will die long before that happens." She spat. No matter how hard she thought about it, she could not understand why Solara hadn't just flattened the Eldar when they'd found it.

"Dante is fine, save the massive head each Solara caused him when she flew by, however, we're tracking her as well, as for myself, stiff, don't think I'm full thawed yet, that, or I've just been a sleep to long. Aside the Eldar, anything else? You're not hurt or anything are you?"

Lith was thankful for Urd's response, as it made it much easier to ignore the Eldar. "He thinks that a headache, he should try living with her." She replied, smiling into her helm. "In all seriousness though I'm fine...still kinda stunned from the sudden wake up but other than that, good."

Egerion

"Finally, a bit of time to rest. Spot anything worth taking in their loot stashes Egerion?"

"Bah!" Egerion replied, taking a few pot-shots at some retreating Orks. "They never have anything but rubble and slag." Shifting slightly, the war machine seemed almost uneasy. "Miss Sana, I have a small favour to ask you, once you've brought to those men...I appear to have damaged my cannons again." Both lascannons were singed chunks of twisted metal.

As Helena marched at him, Martin remained stoic and unmoving. He did, however, frown when she shoved the servitor. She should be more careful; those things are expensive.

"My boots have touched down on more worlds than can be counted. While you have served in the Imperial guard, you may have been in many regiments. But where your guard went the Heretics hid, the Xenos slaughtered, and Chaos laughed. Where I and my sister's walk The Heretics cower, the Xenos die, and Chaos cries in dismay. And, out of what little respect I have of your station, I will warn you once. Insult me again Acolyte, and you will learn why I can proudly call myself a Sister of Battle."

"You declare the Inquisition, and by extension myself, suspect of a damning sin. You dishonor the memory of my recently deceased liege unprovoked and without justification. You presume to be more competent at uprooting the impure than a Commissar who has been active at least as long as you have existed, if not more. I remind you that you are a Retributor, a rank and file soldier, nothing more and nothing less. I hope you will excuse me for asking this, but who insulted whom again?"

Anthony Frederickson
Unidentifiable cyborgs, fried electronics, nothing. Besides the cog mechanicus on the wall he was still lost.

He pulled a panel off of the cogitator bank and took a moment to collect himself before jamming his fist into it's conduit.
The energy flooded into his tired body and his systems began to reboot themselves in full.
He briefly felt himself pass out.

He awoke lying on the ground. He stood up and reopened the door to the control room.
He decided that he'd need to find an exit or a survivor, he began to search the bunker for an exit.

Arcor (Tribune Theta-46531)
A creature leaped out at him, it looked like some of the others, but with 4 scythe-like clawed limbs.
Colliding with him, knocking him on his back, its claws digging into his chest going through his armour.
He jammed his shotgun into its face and pulled the trigger.
It went limp as the back of its head evaporated with a purple spray coming out of it.

He took a moment to assess the situation as the corpse was still inside him, the pain would be coming soon.
He tore the claws out of his chest and saw red and white bubble out of the wounds.
He looked over his body for a med-spray to stop the bleeding, where was it.
The rhino, he didn't take time to grab medicals.
The wound'd seal itself in a couple minutes, ten, thirty, an hour?
Something like that.
It didn't feel like it damaged anything he could consider vital.

He checked the shotgun pushed another shell into the loading tube and started walking, checking his surroundings better, he doubted he'd be that lucky again.

~~~Sometime Later~~~

He eventually made it to the beacon, a crash site, lightly surrounded.
Three xenos, tall bipedal monstrosities, talons like the ambush bastard, and some tube sticking out of the chest.
The kind that shot up the rhino.
One of them clawing at the, he assumed it was some kind of drop system and the inquisitor was trapped inside.

He slung his shotgun over his shoulder, and readied his sword and pistol.
This is stupid
He tossed two krak grenades, one at each of the two he assumed were standing watch.
Then he charged at the one trying to break into the pod.

The grenades blew under their feet, destroying their legs, leaving purple smears around them as they tried to use their claws to move.
He opened fire on the third with his pistol, plasma striking its carapace, melting it.
It turned towards him and fired at him what he now realized was some kind of plasma weapon.

The first shot struck him in the left arm, disabling it as the bionic mechanism fused.
The second shot struck him in the chest, fusing the remaining armour on it to the skin underneath.

He forced his sword into its face and pulled down.
He felt a claw go into his side, before the xeno infront of him went limp.

All he felt was pain at this point, the shutoff to his senses wasn't responding they'd reset in time, his arm was wrecked and the nerves in his chest were fried, another wound in his side was leaking blood and fluid.

The drugs would keep him awake, they were designed for this.
All he could do until he found a medic was hope nothing vital was hit.

He ripped the claw out of him and sheathed his sword. The pistol stuck in the left.
He pushed the corpse off of the pod and looked until he found a way to open it.
It took a moment to find the control pad, the configuration was unfamiliar, written in High Gothic or something.

He pressed buttons at random until the hatch blew open.

Vymazat
The Carnifex began to charge the skitarii as they sprinted away from the rhino, the Eversor's toxins slowly working their way into it.

Vymazat continues to climb upwards on the monstrous beast. Sticking his claws deep within to keep his hold on the side. I slowly got closer and closer to the head of the mighty Carnifex. Eager to bring this mighty beast down and enjoy in the afterglow of the killing. As soon as he gets to the head his skull like helmet could be seen within the Carnifex's eye. Chuckling as he slam his normal fist into the eye while his claws were dug deeply within the flesh.

The assassin pulls back out, leaving a large hole within the Carnifex's eye. He would then reach for a Melta bomb he kept with him and shove it into the hole he made. Laughing like made as he shouts. "SALT THE WOUND!" Pulling his claw free as he jump off from the beasts, though he gets hit midair which makes him hits the ground hard. Getting up as he see the beast charge at him, declaring him a more of a threat before the melta bomb goes off within the Carnifex's head. Blood and gorey bits fly everywhere as the Carnifex's body slams down to the ground. Sliding forward a bit before coming to a stop before the assassin.

Blood leaks outward on the ground and covers Vymazat's boots. He wanted nothing more then to crave up some more of this body, but it was already dead. Letting out a hateful sigh as he continues his journey of slaughter.

" I hope you will excuse me for asking this, but who insulted whom again?"

Helena bristled with anger. She had to restrain herself from shouting. "It was you acolyte who insulted me. I was offering you a complement. Like I said I have often held the Inquisition to be on a razor's edge. And you had begun to tip that in favor of the faith. And by extension your Master. But you hurled the first insult."

"I do not claim to be more competent, I know I am nothing more than rank and file. What I do know is that my commanding officer's are better and have more people and resources at their command. And I..." she took a deep breath and closed her eye, her cybernetic one merely going black. She shook as she exhaled. Easy Helena, he is one of the faithful. If arrogant beyond belief. "And I refuse to carry this argument any further." She said turning from the acolyte and returning to her cot.

Helena Karr and Martin Cassius
A thump could be felt throughout the ship as it docked with the carrier.
Two sister in full armour walked into the storage room and trained their bolters on the two.
A dull buzzing could be heard before they lowered their bolters.

"The Medicae are waiting."

The sisters led them through an airlock into a sterile white corridor, at the end they took a turn to the left into a room with various devices covering the walls. A tech priest and a sister of the order Hospitaller sit in the center of the room, apparently arguing about what could best be described as the nature of the Emperor before they noticed the new presence.

The sister stood up, walked over and began to examine the two beings now infront of her.

Vymazat
Static on a distant signal could be heard in the mind of the Eversor, before disappearing again.
The fleeing skitarri unit briefly turned and looked at the carnage before sprinting off towards what they remember being a quarantine zone. They'd blow a hole in the remainder of the wall they once held and keep on running, likely to die before dawn to some alien monstrosity in the darkness.

Helena's eyes widened slightly as it finally dawned on her what was going on. You damned fool! Of course they expect you to be a genestealer! You just went down their damned hive! Damn you Karr you should have known better! She screamed in her head. She silently prayed now as the Sister examined them. Prayed to the Holy Father and the Lady Kathrine. Guide the Sister's eyes and hands. Guide the Techpriests machines. Let them find her pure. Let her return to the battle and bring down her fury on the foul beasts that had put her in such a disastrous situation. Let her be forgiven for her foolish actions.

Solara coughed as oxygen rushed to fill her lungs as the tube burst open. Sitting up and coughing hard, she began to take in her surroundings. They were completely different from the previous ones of the ship, that and she couldn't feel Lith need her, which worried the young inquisitor greatly. That's when she took in the wounded techpriest before her. She could have only guessed he was the one who saved her.

Lith would come next, but first she needed to get herself into some sort of position where she could go after her comrades. "Ok, I don't know how much you appreciate sentiment, or the assistance f the warp, but I need you alive to help me." She said, managing to get out of the pod and onto her knees at the side of him. She closed her eyes for a few seconds before the air began to crackle with the power of the warp. The techpriest could feel it as she summoned up the energy of the warp to do her bidding. She placed her hands upon the wound at his flank and unleashed the built up warp energy into his body.

With her mind focuses on healing him, the energy went tow or, restoring his torso... And then some. She couldn't distinguish between flesh and metal. The warp arced between the flesh and pulled it closed, repairing the damage and letting it heal the techpriest back together. However, unintended consequences were at play as the inplants in his torso were turned from metal, plastics and wires into flesh bones and veins/nerves. Her eyes a pair of silver lights, she finished up her healing of him. His implants that were damaged had been repaired and now flesh and actual organs inside of him. He could feel them and check their status as if he went and moved his arm.

The young girl stood up and dusted her armor off. She turned around and reached into the pod's storage area; pulling her weapons out and verifying that they were in working condition. her power spear, bolt pistol and power sword all in the condition she stored them in.

"I am inquisitor Solara of the Ordo Hereticus. I will require a debriefing on my surroundings, where i am and i am going to require communication to establish contact with my routine which i assume has been spread out over the general area of the planet." she said, pulling on her big girl pants and putting the worry of the tyrranids to the back of her mind.

Sana's eye began to twitch, her beautiful work that she had fixed earlier in the day, gone. "You... you... broke. what. I. FIXED? IRREPLACEABLE... ANCIENT LAS CANNONS?" she roared now. Her subconsciousness pulling her mechandrites out and around her body, their tips snapping in anger and some hatred. However, this was stopped by the appearence of momaru infront of her. "Lady sana... stop this. you know you need to control your anger." He ordered her.

She took a few breaths and tried to calm down. She closed her eyes and tried to focus her rage somewhere else, mainly her mechandrites dug into a nearby ork and tore it apart into mush. "fine... i'll repair them... or do something... Ru.. i'll see you in an hour or two..." she said and pulled out a mask from her robe. It looked like a porcelain doll's face, perfect and sana took a breath, closing her eyes and opening them again quickly. Then she raised her mask up to her face and she blacked out.

The mask adhered to her face and it became animated, still having the porcelain appearance, but moving like a real face. She looked around and found the source of their collective awakening, of her awakening. Moving silently and smoothly, she walked towards contemptor and the twisted heaps of cannons. using the glove, she undid the connection and let the heaps of metal fall the the ground.

She sat down on a peice of junk and set to work on the metal, pulling it apart and sorting out the useful parts from the useless parts. she began to assemble the new connection unit to house the new weapon. He would see her pick up a peice of metal and trace an inscription on it, what appeared to be a doll face with a cog behind it and get a smirk from it. He would also notice that the old marks were the same as the new ones she was leaving on the housing unit, as well as that they all resembled the mask.

Arcor
"Ok, I don't know how much you appreciate sentiment, or the assistance of the warp, but I need you alive to help me."

A horrified expression crossed the face under his helmet, as the child infront of him did Emperor knows what to him.
The wounds were closed, the pain was mostly gone, he felt a beating in his chest, among other things, there was a sense of wrongness to it.

"I am Inquisitor Solara of the Ordo Hereticus. I will require a debriefing on my surroundings, where I am and I am going to require communication to establish contact with my routine which i assume has been spread out over the general area of the planet."

Too worried to ask about what just happened, he complied.

"You're on Driseadi. A Waagh moved into the system nearing about a month ago now. You're in zone 7, an unidentified xenos spore hit about three or four days ago nearby. We erected a quarantine wall around the contamination and my men were sent in to burn them out, our comms went down, and we've been nearly wiped out."

He paused to think.

"I ordered my survivors to make a run to a fort north of here, beyond the wall, it should have a communications array."

He looked around for a moment.

"We should probably move, I think they're watching us."

Urd snickered at Lith's comment "I'll bet" she replied before noticing the 'trance' like state Dante was in "Though, Dante has is quirks to, so I guess we're even in that regard." she added. Urd didn't like these 'traces' Dante went into now and then, she felt alone even next to him.

"Though, Dante has his quirks to, so I guess we're even in that regard." Dante managed to raise a smirk as he overheard Urd talking with Lith as they traversed the forest, getting deeper with every step; his eyes gave off a faint glow as he concentrated on the psychic presence that Solara had. It was a sign he was in one of his trances when having to use one of his powers for an extended period of time.

These trances often left him oblivious to the world around him, a part of him felt saddened for whenever he came out of these states of being, he would find Urd either sitting or had fallen asleep next to him when she came to visit, waking up saying that she tried to get his attention. This time however it was different somehow.

Dante suddenly found himself overcome with a strange smell filling his nostrils, this had somehow caused him to come out of his trance, taking a moment to reacquaint himself with his surroundings; he found that the smell had come from bodies, dead bodies that were strewn about outside what appeared to be an Imperial Guard outpost. Upon further inspection, they discovered that the bodies were a mixture of both Orks and Imperial Guardsmen, some in worse states of decay than others; Orks were known for their brutality.

"By the Emperor." Dante said in a shallow breath as he looked upon this scene of death before them. He knelt down to examine a mixture of Ork and Guardsmen bodies that were closest, trying to find out what happened here.

"The battle that took place here happened a few days ago, a week at the most. These Orks must have attacked without warning, using the denser parts of the forest as cover, must of have been the work of Kommandos for the initial attack, followed up by standard Boyz and Shootas. Whilst I will admit that these Guards were brave, they never stood a chance of survival." Dante said to Urd in an informative tone, utilizing previous experience of fighting Orks to determine things.

"At least now these men and women are safe in the arms of the Emperor, away from this desolate place." He then added as Dante walked towards the outpost, turning to Urd.

"Dearest Urd, would you kindly inform Lithian that we have come across an abandoned Guard outpost, in search of anything that may help us find Solara, or anyone else for that matter."

"thank you. and this is tyrranid, i can feel it through its presence in the warp." she said, closing her eyes, remembering some of the systems her and her mother had jumped into. "i apologize for the side effects of what happened to you. You're alright and untainted by chaos, but i couldn't have you bleeding out. You're so far my only inkling of what's going on, on this planet and i need you ready in a fight." she explained and left her spear on her back, readying her sword and her bolt pistol.

"Emperor only knows when we'll get to an apocrathy, so i needed you at 100%. But you are correct, so lead the way... what's your name?" she asked, looking at him inquisitively.

Lith

"I'll bet. Though, Dante has is quirks to, so I guess we're even in that regard."

Lith smiled into her helmet at the sound of Urd's laugh. "I guess...the advantages do seem to make up for all that though." She replied, her voice taking on a bit of a 'husky' tone. Lara first THEN day dream...

"We've got pretty thick cover here, so I don't think you'll have much luck spotting us...." She said trailing off as an idea hit her. "You think lover boy there could pick out that 'hole' in the warp that the Eldar makes? If he can track that you two could home in on us....and if he gets the overwhelming urge to gut the cunt, I'm certainly not going to stop him."

Egerion

"You... you... broke. what. I. FIXED? IRREPLACEABLE... ANCIENT LAS CANNONS?" she roared now.

They are merely tools. He thought, slightly puzzled at Sana's outburst. To be used, and if necessary, discarded. Anyways, it's not like I damaged them on purpose...

"Fine... I'll repair them... or do something... Ru.. I'll see you in an hour or two..."

Something seemed familiar with the mask that Sana put on, but he couldn't quite place it. "Sergeant Momaru." He said after a moment silence. "What did she mean 'I'll see you in an hour or two'?" Watching the little techpriest sort through the wreckage, he was surprised to see a familiar sigil. That cannot be right. Raising his CCW, he ran a visual scan over the unpainted limb. Beneath the blood dirt and grime, a symbol could still be seen etched into the metal, one that was identical to the ones Sana was making.

"Well.. you must swear upon the emperor to never tell sana of this." The sergeant began, lifting up his own weapon to show the same sigil on it. "this is the mark of "Doll face" as far as she's told me. "and she goes by it too, but i don't know any more outside of a single phrase: "i'm all that remains." to quote exactly." he continued, the techpriest finding the bits to a chainsword int he loot and bringing them back silently.

"WHen she puts the mask on, she becomes "Doll face." and sana can't remember a thing. from what i can guess, she was a famous techpriest around somewhere before my own and during your time. her skills are legendary and unrivaled today on the terms of craftmanship, that i know."

AS the techpriest set about, memories would come back to the dreadnought, the way she moved and handled metal triggering them. "she talks, but only upon her own choice to. feel free to get her to try, but no promises." he said as the techpriest began assembling the base of... something. neither of the soldiers could tell what though. the only recognizable bit was a chainsword in the middle of it all, slowly being surrounded. Egerion could catch occasional glimpses of her peeking up at him. the same subtle shyness he had first encountered.

"Lith, stay sharp, Dante and I found a ruined base, lots of dead IG and Orks." Urd paused to confirm what Dante had said about the Orks coming from the forest "Looks like they attacked from the forest, be-careful" she then turned to Dante "That Eldar is with Lith, can you track her? With hostiles about I think its best we get to them before we continue on to Solara."

Dante gave a nervous twitch as Urd mentioned the Eldar Solitaire that had been travelling with them, like many of them he felt a certain degree of unease when in her presence and occasionally he would start to get a headache if near her for too long; though he had been working towards overcoming these.

"That Eldar is with Lith, can you track her? With hostiles about I think its best we get to them before we continue on to Solara."

"If I have to. The Solitaire should be easy enough to track, given the 'uniqueness' of her." Dante remarked, sounding a little like he didn't want to do this, but realized he'd have to. He made an immediate check of his surroundings to see if there were more sightings of Orks.

"We should probably take shelter in the outpost, the Orks might be stupid enough not to come back here with the sight of all these bodies. There might also be some Vox equipment inside that could be of use to us. Let's get inside then I'll begin to track the Solitaire."

Lith

"Lith, stay sharp, Dante and I found a ruined base, lots of dead IG and Orks. Looks like they attacked from the forest, be-careful"

Fan-fucking-tastic... She thought as she crashed through the undergrowth. "Copy that." She replied. "Stay safe, and we'll see you soon." Flipping vox channels, she opened a channel to the Eldar. "Got vox with Urd. They've found signs of ork activity, possibly in these woods." She might not like the knife ear, but it made sense to keep her apprised of possible threats. With any luck one of those lumbering brutes'll get rid of her for me.

Egerion

"Well...you must swear upon the Emperor to never tell Sana of this."

"On my honour as a loyal servant of the Emperor, I will speak no word of this." He replied. As Momaru spoke, he watched Sana sort through the various bit and pieces she'd collected. It's defiantly NOT the same person...how can this be?

Looking down at Sana, he watched her a moment more before speaking. "Excuse me little one....are you familiar with a Mechanicus Rune Priest named Kurakumo Highdrago? I ask because you are marking equipment with her sigil." Rotating, and bending slightly, he lowered his CCW to show the marking on it.

Arcor
"Thank you, and this is Tyranid, I can feel it through its presence in the warp..."
"I apologize for the side effects of what happened to you. You're alright and untainted by chaos, but I couldn't have you bleeding out. You're so far my only inkling of what's going on, on this planet and I need you ready in a fight."
"Emperor only knows when we'll get to an Apothecary, so I needed you at 100%. But you are correct, so lead the way... What's your name?"

"Arcor."
He started flipping through the channels on his microbead as he began walking back to the rhino he abandoned.
Every channel was still the same pulsating static from before.
"Do you know how long you've been out?"

Helena Karr and Martin Cassius
The Hospitaller picked up a needle from a nearby table and jabbed it into Helena, injecting a substance that induced a feeling akin to tiredness, numbness.
"She fought it off, prep her for surgery."
The tech priest began leading her off into a separate chamber.

The Hospitaller, eyeing Martin picked up another needle.
"He requires. further. testing."
She jabbed a needle into him, injecting a substance.
One of the armoured sisters grabbed him by the arm.

The pair entered one of the buildings, and while he set about tracking the hole in the warp the was the Solitaire, Urd set her self to finding some working Vox equipment. After a few rooms she found her goal and sat down before the device, it took her a few moments to get static out of it, but that was a good sign. Urd loosened the face mask on her helm then pulled it off and set it on the table and began to call out for the others, she figured some one would rush to Solara, she's an Inquisitor after all, so the odds where high she'd hear Urd calling out. "This is Urd of the Battle Barge Divine Light calling ..." she was cut off by a rather sharp spike in static hurting her ears "Gonna be that way eh..." she said, then took a took look around, and gave the under side of the table a swift kick, which seemed to clear things up a bit, Urd smirked and started again "This is Urd of the Battle Barge Divine Light, calling any other survivors, If you can hear me please respond" she said, and would repeat every few minutes.

Both Dante and Urd entered the outpost from one of the side buildings, given the nature of its layout, he had to assume it was some sort of checkpoint. They had split off from each other shortly after that, Urd went off down a corridor looking for Vox equipment that could aid in them reaching out for assistance; Dante meanwhile found himself in a large open area that looked to be a training ground, like the rest of the outpost, there was bodies here as well, more Guardsmen than Orks, but there were a few them here as well.

"Foul impotent creatures." Dante heard himself say as he cleared a few Ork corpses away with the tip of his Singing Spear. He closed his eyes and began to focus his mind as Dante felt the energies that surrounded him beginning to flow; for they would help him in searching the forest for a being that was completely vacant, the Solitaire gave off no natural energies, or rather none that could be detected in the conventional sense.

"Now then, show yourself to me, Titania!"

Without looking up, the techpriest made a very unnatural movement with her head, rotating like it was pivoting on a point. She smirked, knowing who it was. "I have not heard that name in a long... long... time." she said, her voice seeming eternally full of wisdom, but also a trapped youth. She finished the chainsword and gave a run on it, testing to see if it worked. (and it did.) "It's been a long while 'Ancient one...' How has time treated you?" she said, not a single blemish on the mask as her head mechanically tilted upwards to meet his... vision slit. And as it did, he could see that it truly represented her original face from so long ago.

"But you are not mistaken. that is my sigil." she finished.

"Got it. However, i am still lost as to the hostilities. I have not shown a single sign of aggression and have helped the routine of miss Solara." she said to Lith, keeping pace. However, that's when she began to feel a certain psykic presence poking around her area. It was Dante, probing for her to locate them. She was able to trace the direction and pointed it out.
"as you humans would say, eleven o-clock, 2 kliks out to ante." she said, adjusting their running course. "Lith... you hostilities seem a bit more than the general xenophobia that the imperium has bred into you. perhaps there are ulterior motives that you may possess to discriminate harder against me than the others have?" she asked the eldar.

"It's unfortunate to meet under such circumstances Arcor, but it is a pleasure none the less." she said, walking with him for a bit before he asked the question. "Well... i haven't really checked." she said, then checked the systems in her suit, which weren't frozen with her body. "It appears two years in my time have passed. Emperor only knows how many passed during my time in warp transit." solara explained to him. However, she detected a rather odd human presence in the area.
"Hang on... are there anymore of your men in the area alive? i can detect a human nearby..." she said, halting him and beginning to head in the direction of the assassin.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 21 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked